What are some good Japan-only Gamecube/Wii games?

What are some good Japan-only Gamecube/Wii games?

That and Giftpia are pretty much the only notable ones.

For the gamecube, I mean. Didn't see you mentioned wii as well. Maybe Zangeki no Reginleiv? I don't know that much about the wii's library.

>Zangeki no Reginleiv
Came in this thread for this.

There's also some "didnt come out in amerca" games like Disaster: Day of Crisis

Wii has some dance games full f J-pop that are fun as fuck and a half decent Kamen Rider fighting game.

Gamecube has SRW GC which is divisive among SRW fans, but worth a play if you like mecha and SRPGs.

>mfw I have a sealed copy of that

Homeland. Technically because any gamecube is a sever it can still be played online.

I recommend never posting ever again.

Kururin Squash!, it's got amazing multiplayer and you can access it from the main menu with tonnes of stages, no idea if there's more to unlock or anything about story mode as I don't read Jap but definitely play this game with someone sometime

I played the multiplayer with my friends and we turned it off after 10 minutes. Maybe I didn't do a good job of explaining the game to them but they couldn't get into it. I was sort of just glad I played Kururin Squash with four players at least once in my life.

dang dude, that's unfortunate, my friends and I love the game, we play it semi-regularly, we'll just have insane races to the finish with these crazy comebacks and down to the wire sprints

Mr. Driller: Drill Land

best mr driller game that never made it over. some guy at namco even tried to translate it by himself because no one else would, but he got stopped.

Why didn't this get localized?

Because Panel De Pon. It only made it out here as Yoshi's Tetris Attack or whatever, and they didn't want to remake panel de pon with yoshi assets especially when there was already yoshi's cookie

I have an open copy of NPC

I don't play it often because the sound design in Panel De Pon GC is fucking shit, just like Pokemon Puzzle League for N64.

Panel De Pon DS or SNES is the way to go.

That's not true in the slightest. It didnt get localized because there's very little demand for console puzzle games in the west.

Why would you go on the internet and tell lies?

Yeah, the SFC version of PDP is musically superior for sure. I thought it was also odd how they changed the names of most of the characters and tweaked the story to fit in the prince and those witches. It was like some weird localization, except it wasn't.

Takt of magic on wii is excellent

I remember reading that the GC version is supposed to be a sequel to the SNES game.

It was actually developed for the N64, never released in Japan. Reskinned as Pokemon Puzzle League for the west. The GC version is the leftovers from the 64 version. Which is why it has the same awful sound design as PPL.

Bump

I'll leave this for the other user in the thread who appreciates Panel de Pon.

Picture of my collection, still need a few regional variants but I have a physical copy of every game in the series. Not pictured is a sealed PAL copy of Puzzle League 64.

Happy trails!

wow, and I thought I was the only one who loved some panel de pon

There are still a lot of fans. Go to any anime or gaming convention and you'll probably find omse people playing it in the game room.

PC Genjin remake on GCN, Kururin Squash, Fatal Frame IV, Rhythm Heaven Fever in superior nihongo