Is American Horror Story Good?

So is this show any good? I need some horror for spooky month and my normy friends recommended it

OFFICIAL AHA SEASON POWER RANKINGS

1. Murder House
2.Coven

POWER GAP

9001. Hotel
9002. Roanoke (so far)
9003. Freak Show

POWER GAP

90000001. Asylum

It's definitely not spooky, but seasons 1 and 2 were decently intriguing. It does get pretty in your face with its social agendas though - especially in the later seasons.

Probably give season 1 a go, but to be honest, you're probably better off watching something actually scary for spooky month.

I tried watching the first season and it was fucking god awful.

wtf kind of opinions are this?

1. Asylum
2. Roanoke
3. Murder House
4. Freak Show
5. Hotel
6. Coven

Mate Coven was awful

How can anyone enjoy Asylum? It's the worst piece of television I've ever watched.

*AHS

Honestly, I've only ever seen Coven and frankly, you're not really doing the show any justice by putting it so high. Coven was absolute shit past the first episode.

More or less this. Maybe swap Hotel and Freak Show.

Roanoke is weird and not in a good way. I don't think it's panning out. The cuck agenda in it is kind of blatant too.

>Asylum anything but literal shit

Its alright, quite enjoyable plently of fap moments

I saw an episode on tv. They started singing in the middle of it.

This thread is ridiculous Roanoke is the only good season so far. The hotel vampire shit made me want to claw my eyes out.

Common Consensus Tier List

>Murder House & Asylum tied. People will debate the shit out of the two, however I think the first season wins it over by a margin

>Coven & Freak Show. Girls love Coven. Freak show had a shit ending

>Shit tier

>Hotel goddamn were you boring I stopped watching 4 episodes in

The newest Roanoke is still undecided. We'll have a lot better feel for it after this week when the twist happens.

The only user who understands Falchukino

Bless you user

It's garbage.

Sometimes it's watchable, if you're into watching trashy television.

Asylum is the best/most consistent the show's ever been, and Coven/Hotel are abortions that should be avoided at all costs.

The first season is the only one worth watching.

Second season jumps the shark in the first episode with fucking aliens. You may optimistically think that they'll pull it off okay, but they won't.

Third season is unwatchable garbage. Just fucking cliffhanger after cliffhanger. There's literally one episode that ends with zombies attacking someone's house, and you think shit's about to get real, but then the very next episode the zombies just walk away. They also kill off every character only to bring them back a few episodes later. A character is blind, gets her sight back a few episodes later. A character is decapiated, gets her body back a few episodes later. Shenanigans.

Freak Show's only good moment was an "homage" or "rip off" of the climax to the film "Freaks." Way too many musical numbers. Yes. Musical numbers are put in just to pad the story out.

Hotel. I really liked the Vincent Price/Walt Disney character, but it was just more of the same bullshit. Nonsensical cliffhangers, characters with dark and secret pasts you know the writer hasn't figured out yet, kooky fish-eye lens cinematography, and Lady Gaga's pasty, fat ass rolling around naked as she struggles to say her lines with a southern(?) accent?

The first and second season were the only ones I finished. I dropped Coven and Hotel fast.

Watch the Louis episode "untitled."

>louis episode "untitled"
What's that?

where the webm comes from. The show is called Louis. It's probably on netflix.

Sorry, I'm just dumb. I forgot the the cuck man was named Louis for some reason.

Personal rankings

#1 Asylum - Yes there is a subplot that is dealt with terribly and very anti-climatically (the alien thing), but everything else about the season was perfect to me. I do have a bias toward horror based on religion and/or insanity, and this has it in droves. Stylistically it's very well put together, though every season is

#2 Hotel- I will admit I'm not even finished with this season, but I love it so far. My only complain is how midway through the season each episode mainly focuses on one thread of the rope, and the next on another, which leads to some pretty jarring tonal shifts

#3 Freak Show- Very well put together, the horror elements were great, but my main problem was that they were too few and far in between. I give this season a boost because it takes one of the least likeable characters (almost in my personal viewing history I'd say) and makes him one of the most enthralling

#4 Murder House- Not bad, not great, and after a while the whole thing gets kind of dull, almost like a sitcom with ghosts. However, I don't really think it's bad, it was the first season afterall and was finding it's legs. It has some great moments and some really bad moments but overall it's very watchable

#5 Coven- I liked some of it (Kathy Bates' character and story mostly), but for the most part I felt bored watching it. It had very few elements of horror and just seemed to use horror tropes as a drama back piece

I have yet to watch the new season because I hate waiting for an episode, so I'm going to wait until it's finished

I suppose after reading this thread and seeing the hate it gets, that I immensely enjoy this show. So watch a few episodes of the first season and if you enjoy how it progresses then continue on.

I watched a few episodes. I thought it was laughably bad.

Stopped watching around the time that Larvey Harvey or whatever fellow showed up

1. Murder House
2. Asylum
3. Roanoke
4. Freak Show
5. Coven
6. Hotel (stopped watching 4 eps in it was so bad)