Lives in a poor neighborhood

>Lives in a poor neighborhood
>Comes from an abusive family
>Works at a burger joint
How did Mary Jane manage to become one of the popular kids at school?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=06mf-XRjCDM
youtube.com/watch?v=lYWOY-5h-nE
youtube.com/watch?v=nL8hVXSDmNM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

by being hot

Like this.

A good personality?

why did she go from an 8.9/10 to a 6.9/10 from sm1 to sm2

Her hair got less red

Fantastic tits

>Spends burger joint money on nice clothes
>popular girls like her because she's fashionable and attractive
>that's it

she doesn't need a car, given that they live in NYC and one of her friends knows how to drive. All a girl has to do is be and look gorgeous and not be weird.

my eternal waifu

A woman with nice tits, that's hot.

Gwen is better and has the qualitys of man of spider's daughter to boot.

I just like BDH honestly and Betty is a strong second.

I'm still in love with this woman.

Prime Dunst was glorious.

>Childhood friend of Peter
>Lives next to Peter
Why didn't she defend him more? Telling the driver to stop for him and "Help him, Harry!" Isn't good enough.
And why the hell was she dating the main guy bullying him?

What was it about the first two Raimi Spiderman movies that made them so fucking good?

What makes modern capeshit not stand up the same?

sweet mother mary

how can she be so cuddlycute?

>What was it about the first two Raimi Spiderman movies that made them so fucking good?

The casual racism

>first two Raimi Spiderman movies
you mean the first 3

The way girls of her background typically become popular, by sucking miles of cock

youtube.com/watch?v=06mf-XRjCDM

How did Raimi get away with something like this?

Power H

I'm being serious. What makes those films more memorable than modern capeshit? Are Marvel films too focus-tested and safe? Are DC films just too messy?

Or is it mere nostalgia, or a product of their time when things were generally a bit more awkward and the goofiness of Maguire ended up being endearing?

It was a different time.

2001 was a lighter time

Perfect casting.
References to other superheroes both marvel and DC.
They are both fun and serious.
There was no master plan to set up a big universe with different superhero movie each year.
Fight scenes were brutal.
Peter was an awkward nerd and not a slick hipster.
Uncle Ben's death was executed better than TASM.
Spidey cracked jokes, but was serious when he needed to be.
Suit making montage.
Stan Lee's cameos were more subtle

It's the fact that there were other kinds of American mainstream movie. Now everything is capeshit and none of it is special.

I want to bang the secretary

>"You know, Peter, with great power comes great responsibility. Rudyard Kipling called it "White Man's Burden." Myself, I just call it as I see it: the reaponsibility of the master to discipline the servant."
>Ben looks directly at the camera.
>"The niggers, the spics, the chinks...It's our responsibility to civilize them. And if we can't? Then they shall dangle from the elm tree. The Day of the Rope is near, Pete. We'll have every nigger in this country dead or in chains in 10 years, and may God have me shot in a carjacking this very night if I'm wrong. God bless the American Nazi Party."

I remember this in theaters and was pretty confused.

It was George Bush, he used the highest office in the land and channeled all his energy into kino

Truly, he was an unsung hero

>There was no master plan to set up a big universe with different superhero movie each year.
>It's the fact that there were other kinds of American mainstream movie. Now everything is capeshit and none of it is special.
So modern capeshit cannot stand out because there is so fucking many of them now? They all blend into one another because of the multitudes of them, as well as how they tend to try to be safe and appealing to wide audiences.

Would you say the same sort of things apply to the first Iron Man film, and why that was good?

Would the Raimi films be as well received now as they were 10-15 years ago?

hot af

I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye.

Women get a pass on being faliures because they always have a vagina to fall back on.

nag girls get to be weird it's just they get away with a lot more

that's a blowjob haircut if i ever saw one

Because Rami is a good director and gave a shit about the source material. After the second one set record box office numbers (topping the first spiderman) the studio decided they knew better than the fucking guy who made them all that money and drove him crazy.

Once capeshit showed itself to not only be profitable, but hugely fucking profitable, it became more and more focus tested until its just bland advertisements for the next bland advertisement.

you just described the word EASY

There's things that the spiderman movies did right, and things that seem weird or awkward.
Like, why does Peter Parker care about that slut Mary Jane? In the time he knew her, she took at least 3 chad dicks before settling for little Peter, and only because he's spiderman. At that point, he could have any girl.
There's a casual, random horror scene in spiderman 2, when octavius is being operated on. I literally covered my eyes as a child at the cinema.
Peter likes to pretend that he didn't kill Norman Osborne, but he did. He noticed there's a glider with huge blades flying right at him and Norman. So he decides to jump out of the way so it hits Norman. That's not murder, but he let him die. Uncle Ben told him great power comes with great responsibility, but when it comes to Normans death he's quick to blame others

As of now I literally only remember Iron Man,Guardians, and Winter Soldier.

I can't remember jack shit about Avengers.

I do like Nolan but otherwise fuck everything modern capeshit. I bet if that nuCrow movie is made normies will eat that shit up.

>There was no master plan to set up a big universe with different superhero movie each year.
Not entirely accurate. They were talking about signing rami up for another 2 or 3 spiderman movies (before he told them to fuck off after 3). They had some vague outlines for what they were going to do, and what villains they were going to bring in. I mean they set up one armed Dr. Conners all the way back in the first movie.

this is a good question. i went a suburban school in an affluent area and i can't think of a single kid that was from a poor family that was popular. i mean there were still hot girls from poor families of course, but they were almost universally slutty and the rich girls ostracized them.

Everything Banks does is SEXXX.

It was the first Spiderman movie that had CGI and could do the Spiderman things properly, I think before that we just had those weird 70s things.

So it was exciting seeing Spiderman as the comic created him.

Beyond that the film was engaging for audiences young and old. It didn't take itself super seriously, but it dealt with death pretty well when Ben dies from the minority piece of shit who never should've been let into the country if only Trump had been President then the borders would've been closed and the Police would've been supported enough to fight crime so that i wouldn't require a teenager be the ultimate private detective

>And why the hell was she dating the main guy bullying him?
Because it's a Spider-Man adaptation. A lot of Peter's love interests have also fucked Flash and/or Harry.

>I can't remember jack shit about Avengers.
It was the novelty of all those characters they had spent years establishing being in one movie.

That being said I remember Loki calling Problematic Widow a whining cunt. That shit was pretty classy.

she's got cigarette lips and soldier tits they stand at attention with her hands on her hips

>Prime

fpbp

The first Iron Man film wasn't good, the rot was well underway by then.

No, I don't think anything with that much of its own identity would fly now.

Raimi is actually a big fan of Spiderman comics and went to an autistic level of detail to ensure they captured the spirit of the comics they were based on while still being good movies, by contrast modern capeshit is an incredibly rushed affair where the writers and directors have almost zero creative control

They'd still be well received but they wouldn't be seen as being as groundbreaking today now that the market has been flooded with big budget capeshit for the last 15 years

There's also the fact that capeshit is now made for audiences who *only watch* capeshit.

I dunno senpai, part of the problem with modern capeshit is that it's incredibly bland because it has to appeal to such an incredibly wide audience of literally billions of people without doing anything offensive or being too smart for the lowest common denominator to understand

No, it's exclusively made for children now which is why there isn't any good dialogue/characters/plot

It was entirely Norman's fault. He was beaten but just had to make one last move. If there's anyone in the movie that Peter killed, it's the carjacker

like theres a single concept that a comic book adaptation contains that cant be conveyed to a retard

its not like its scholarly

the further extent you could go to alienate your audience would be to refer to scholarly material, and almost all comic books dont do that

capeshit is shit because comic books are mass produced commercial shit for children

cause she's supposed to be smoking hot... and she was dating the top jock of the school.

are you a fucken idiot?

Spider-Man wasn't a cult movie, it was for a mainstream audience. People who read comic books *are* the lowest common denominator.

How did you watch the movies and get things so wrong?

No, it's exclusively made for people who like capeshit now, which is why none of it is good - it only needs to be as good as Iron Man, not as good as a real movie for neurotypical people who have jobs and sex lives.

It actually had a very good start, and I thought it introduced the character of Tony well ( I don't watch comic books tho)

The second half of the movie was pretty forgettable

>not as good as a real movie for neurotypical people who have jobs and sex lives.
Like Jurassic World?

he was '''dating'' tonnes of girls. he was turning her out to his friends, they filmed the gangbangs

>John Jameson introduced in the second movie
>No space shuttle scene introducing the symbiote in Spidey 3
Missed opportunity

I know that it's an unpopular opinion but I actually think Mary Jane might have carefully led those other Chads on without actually sleeping with them, not because I think that she's a pure virgin waifu but because I think she was smart enough to know that those Chads would rapidly have gotten bored with her once she spread her legs for them and then move on to someone younger and tighter. Her refusing to put out until marriage would also explain why her and Jameson were already getting married after less than a year of dating in Spiderman 2

No; try again.

>How did this hot girl with gorgeous big boobs manage to become one of the popular kids at school?
Gee I wonder.

Beautiful.

Force Awakens?

>Chads stay with girls longer if they dont get laid

Beta Bob... this isn't how the world works...

If you've never told a girl "if you don't someone else will" you've never lived

>Peter dated Betty, Gwen, Felicia, was lusted after by Liz, and married/impregnated MJ (miscarriage and divorced)
>Flash dated Betty, Liz, Felicia, and Gwen
>Harry dated MJ, Gwen, and married/impregnated Liz (one child from that marriage and divorced)

>Sleeps with the guy who bullies Peter
>Sleeps with the son of peter's boss
>Sleeps with peter's best friend
Is this what love interests were like back then?

When Tobey Maguire played Spidey, nobody thought it was brave of him to risk his credbility. Compare that to how everyone felt about Robert Downey Jr. taking on Iron Man seven years later. That's why I said the rot had set in.

That's exactly the type Peter would've lusted over though, being a nerd with oneitis

Try again.

You mean being a cuck

Yeah, there was less pretense that nerds' lust isn't mostly about status - if I fuck the popular girl, I must be as alpha as the guy who went there before me.

Well what else could you mean? These are both films that also did extremely well at the box office, so they also have the same wide appeal to normal people.

Keep in mind both Flash and Harry did eventually dump her, whether that's because she did finally put out and they got bored with her or because they got fed up with her not putting out is up to you to decide. That being said her being a beautiful and manipulative teenage virgin is the only real explanation I can see for Jameson(quite possibly the most eligible bachelor in America) trying to marry her after less than a year of dating

I find that extremely hot tbqhwyf.
Then again I'm a cuck.

This. These days, capeshit is where you go if you've had enough of having a career and just want a paycheck the rest of your life. It's like joining the Foreign Legion.

No, they appeal to children, whose parents take them, you fucking autist.

But RDJ needed Mel Gibson to pay for his insurance he was so risky. Otherwise, every other major actor is in it for the paycheck and fame recognition for smaller projects.

Tell that to Thors actor. I can't even remember his fucking name because everything he has done that wasn't Thor flopped.
So, they were seen by people who have jobs (can pay for themselves and children), and have had sex at least once (since they have children). That fulfills the criteria in

What the fuck does that even mean?
Capeshit actors aren't treated any different from other actors.

If that's true, it could only be because of the scale of the production. Downey had been sober and credible for YEARS by that point - this sick myth that Downey was saved by Iron Man needs to end - they wouldn''t have chosen him if he was any kind of real risk.

user people joined the french foreign legion because after serving your time you get made a french citizen, no questions asked. It's there for criminals on the run who can't go back to their own country.

They are for children, not for adults. You will never understand why capeshit is worthless now until you learn to know your place.

To be fair comic books are basically soap operas where the writers eventually make everyone date/hook up with/rape/get impregnated by and then have a miscarriage with everyone else in order to keep things fresh and dramatic. The idea that Peter was some friendless nerd who got bullied is a pretty new character trait, in the original comics he was only mildly nerdy and relatively popular student who dated a fair few girls, he and Flash were even relatively friendly towards each other

Then you have to find a way out of the desert...

It's a great comparison. Downey could do anything now, but his mind is wasted, his talent long gone. He could go anywhere, but his desire is dead. Someone should hold him down and inject him.

>Cabin in the Woods and Rush flopped

It's also the only way for guys from incredibly shitty African countries to get a French citizenship without pretending to be refugees

Good points. I straight up cannot remember him in Cabin in the Woods, and Rush I just plain forgot existed but it's not like it relied on his presence.

But take Blackhat or In the Heart of the Sea, not exactly amazing successes.

To be fair, Peter had made up with Flash by the time they got to college.
Out of that particular group, Betty and Felicia were the ones Peter fucked first. The rest are sloppy seconds/thirds.
Gwen only started dating him because he didn't show any interest in her.
Felicia only dated Flash to "get back" at Peter for marrying MJ.

The thing is those movies would've been as successful or more successful without him

He is a draw for women but not so much that it makes the movie a phenomenal hit

See Ghostbusters 2. Why didnt he save that? Cause its a shit movie

Rush and Heart of the Sea are actually good movies by good competent directors, they'll sell with or without Thor

>n the original comics he was only mildly nerdy and relatively popular student
Maybe after he got his powers.

>guys from incredibly shitty African countries
That's what I said, criminals.

I always lose it whenever he looks at the camera kek

>The Amazing Supremegentleman

This should be a banner.

Does this imply Peter would've shot up the school if not for the spider?

I crack me up

ha

heh

I fap to her being raped as an attack against Spiderman

Jumanji Dunst was best Dunst.

Did she just not wear a bra back then?

>Too few characters out there, flying around like that, saving old girls like me. And Lord knows, kids like Henry need a hero. Courageous, self-sacrificing people. Setting examples for all of us. Everybody loves a hero. People line up for them, cheer them, scream their names. And years later, they'll tell how they stood in the rain for hours just to get a glimpse of the one who taught them how to hold on a second longer. I believe there's a hero in all of us, that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady, and give up the thing we want the most, even our dreams.

This is still one of my favorite lines in any film. Spider-Man 2 was lightning in a bottle.

Raimi wasn't afraid of a little contraversy

I don't know the name of the actress, but she doesn't get enough credit for absolutely nailing that speech. That could have been a cringey, rambling mess in the hands of so many other actors.

It would be a perfect banner. Especially if the Cred Forums logo is on the science exhibit sign.

Nope. Which makes the rape scenarios all the most pleasurable

Why would you want to encumber those delicious sweater puppets.

Agreed. That speech was perfect, especially compared with literally any speech in modern cape movies.

The simple truth is Raimi had a clear vision as a director and he refused to compromise on it. Today every superhero movie has to launch a cinematic universe or be PC to not offend anyone, Raimi didn't have to worry about that. Sam Raimi's direction really had a way of bringing out the characters. I heard he went out of his way to involve himself with the writers, several lines of dialogue were written by Raimi himself. He really went the extra mile. Need proof? One time Raimi was brought on by Dan "The hymen divider" Schnider to direct an episode of Drake and Josh, naturally it had Raimi's signature style all over it.

youtube.com/watch?v=lYWOY-5h-nE

>and he refused to compromise on it.
Except spiderman 3.

That movie doesn't exist, shut up

It would have been fine if they just set up eddie brock for a future movie.

She definitely knew he was spiderman

Eddie Brock is supposed to be big and tough and intimidating. So why did they pick Topher grace?

I was fine with that change honestly, he was supposed to be Peter through a mirror darkly. Making him a scrawny manlet works as a decent visual metaphor.

He really needs to be set up as a background character, or a b-plot in one movie that introduces the black suit, and then the next movie have the payoff of introducing venom.

You will never wake up next to her in bed JDIMSA.

old

Literally a goddess

She's a fantastic actor but if you really think about it she's pretty miscast, it makes no fucking sense for an 80 year old woman to have a 17 year old nephew

Do you think still her parents gave her the belt.

aren't the son of peter's boss and his best friend the same person?

No. J. Jonah Jameson's isn't Norman Osborn.

People here seriously exaggerate how good they are, like they are magical and no other superhero movies even compare. I love them but its really not like that.

A big reason is Sam Raimi's tone which is really emotional but in an earnest and sometimes goofy way, another thing is its Spider-Man himseld. He's young and dealing with young people or everyday people problems like paying rent and winning over his first girlfriend. Most superhero movies have an older character or someone cast into his role (like Captain America for example) instead of someone making his own costume and just doing it because of his own sense of responsibility.

Boring hair and plain clothes.

I used to fap to her tight midriff and cleavage showing shirts.

You could see her white panties peaking out when she was talking to peter outside.

>What was it about the first two Raimi Spiderman movies that made them so fucking good?
Love

When did MJ sleep with Jameson's son?

humor, attention to detail, complexity, clear cinematography, people talking like real people
not ignoring the real world tragedies( that quick WTC scene was both daring and amazing, Raimi had big balls)
NYC felt real and was full of rich characters that didn't exist just to interact with Peter, like the lovable JJ Jameson

Thats really not true at all. Most changes people pick at Marvel execs for making are made to make the movie's more inclusive instead of the kind of thing a comic fan would prefer.

They were good films first and foremost with great acting, direction, and writing. They also did the impossible and found the perfect balance between seriousness and silliness, something that absolutely no one else has been able to come close to.

I thought most people who went to that school were working class and that James Franco was the odd one out.

In "Spider-Man 2" they were dating and about to get married.

They were engaged.

By being the cum dumpster for all the chads at her school.

Why do those two women have the exact same face?

how the hell did I miss this? What was his name?

You are now aware most comic book superheroes have been either cucked or raped.

Or in Green Lantern Kyle Rayner's case, both.

I don't know. Wasn't he an astronaut? It's such a bizarre plot thread.

>prime

Her dad? Oh yeah

J. Jonah Jameson Jr.
No, really.

She's hot

Flash's parents are rich enough that they buy him a sports car, I'm assuming their school is a big school that has a mix of working, middle and upper-middle class students, although Harry still undoubtedly sticks out since he's the son of a billionaire

>sweatingman.jpg
I try to forget about that movie

See

They used the same explanation in the cartoon from the 90's. Its the simplest way to explain where the black suit came from since in the comics he got it during the secret wars... which is just entirely too much goobledygook to shoe horn in as an origin.

But Jameson's son had nothing to do with the symbiote in the movies.

You're trash, Brock.

VINDICATED
I AM SELFISH
I AM WRONG
I AM RIGHT
I SWEAR IM RIGHT, SWEAR I KNEW IT ALL ALONG
AND I AM FIIIINNNNNNEEEE

In the comics he swallows a space rock that turns him into a werewolf.

pics now for research porpoises.

of her panties

Oh fuck that's right. Never-mind.
Disregard that, I suck cocks.

During the 2nd movie when that part of the building was about to fall on her, with the wind blowing, her skirt comes way up and you can tell Dunst was pulling it down, but they tried to hide it by cutting it frame early.

>haha for le research! xd
fuck off reddit

>uses a simple phrase
>accused of being from reddit

Are you retarded son
Nobody else seemed to have a problem with it, so calm your autism you retarded faggot

>this picture
sweatingman.jpeg

>Are you retarded son

everyone likes a girl with a toast-shaped face

as much as i like blond young girls, gotta say she was a weird looking one.

As much as people here like to suck Raimi's dick he really fucked up on Venom. He couldn't grow the fuck up and see the positive characteristics of the character and do it justice. Instead he was so determined to make a Sandman movie. But the thing is if you have to turn a character into Uncle Ben's real murderer in order to make the relevant to the hero's story then maybe, just maybe, they shouldn't be the main villain of a fucking Spider-Man movie.

/thread

Sam Raimi and good old fashioned late 90's culture.

Also before everyone shat the bed and started making yearly fucking capeshit movies.

Last decent capeshit was Iron Man 1

Also this.

Capeshit is absolutely generic trash and its been that way for the better part of a decade.

All the fun got sucked out of it when they got rid of all the campy fun MA-R rated violent capers like blade, Hellboy and replaced it with dumb, loud, bland looking crap like the avengers 1, 2 cap america 3

Just like the girl you loved from a far, none of them want you but they want the asshole because it makes their pussy wet

Because she was cucking Peter with Astronaut John Jamie and was nagging Peter to show up at her plays more.

>long shot
KINO

Prime dunst was in small soldiers or jumanji. Next best dunst is milf dunst in fargo.

Does anyone have the balls to put this in a Spider-Man movie now?
youtube.com/watch?v=nL8hVXSDmNM

>Prefers 15yo flat chested stacey to big titted redhead goddess

>balls

It's just a guy being happy about his life what's ballsy about it? Winter Soldier had Poppa Doc with his Marvin Gaye and Galaxy had Quill with his mom's music but yeah they rarely put heart into capeshit these days.

>image.jpg