Anime & Manga 3x3 Thread

Starting one of these because I'm a giant fag for them, and somebody's got to do it.

Other urls found in this thread:

bighugelabs.com/mosaic.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

++FMA
+xxxHolic, Madoka Magica

2/2
++Mushishi
+Serial Experiments Lain

Did you ever read Tsubasa Chronicles? (Don't watch it, the anime was shit.) It ran parallel to xxxHolic and I actually liked it a lot better.

Is it similar to xxxHolic? I liked the whole supernatural mystery xxxHolic had going on.

4/4
4/6

1/1 mushishi

They were fairly different series. Tsubasa is more like a cutesy fantasy adventure type story at first but quickly becomes much, much more serious and dark as the series goes on. It's always got kind of an underlying, darker mystery from the start so if you liked that aspect of xxxHolic you'll probably like Tsubasa, even if not as much as xxxHolic.

4/4

3/5 + xxxholic

2/4 + Lain

>hasn't seen NGE, Haruhi and Lain

5/6
4/6
6/8 I see you enjoy the loli. I too, enjoy the loli.
1/3

There's a lot of known anime I haven't seen yet because I'm a lazy fuck. More of a manga guy.

2.5/3
5/7
3/6
3/3
3.5/6
2/2

3.5/6
6/6
6.5/8
4/4
5/6
5/6
7/7

0/0
4/4 - Just picked up Houshin Engi, bit of a weird start, feels very dated on that end, that 90s goofiness if you will. Hopefully it picks up.

I feel it's rather average during the first few volumes, but damn it gets a lot better. The art gets kinda confusing at points tho, but nothing too terrible.

I don't mind confusing art as long as scan quality is good, there's nothing more tiresome to read than poor scanlation quality and awfully scanned pages.

You're my favourite person in this thread.

3/3

3/5
+ Lain, LOGH, GitS

I've updated my 3x3 and was far too optimistic about subs in the middle tile.

5/6
4/6
2/3
3.5/4, .5 on monogatari
1.5/4, .5 on monogatari
4/8

This is a pretty unique idea, but it takes way too long to cycle through everything.

Yuyuyu was such a good show.
If the show had ended with the girls floating in space for all of eternity, it would have been a show in my 3x3.

7/7

-1 Tamako Market
8/9

9/9

7/7

-1 PP
6/7
Is Shimoneta worth watching? I feel like the few gifs is everything I need to see from the show.

7/7

9/9

7/7

7/7

8/8

-1 Juirui

Jesus, at lease have all of your 3x3 move at the same time because waiting for each scene to move on its own is annoying.

-0.5 Shigofumi
The first two episodes and the game developer episode were great. It starts out with a good premise (Kino + giving letters from the dead to the living) and then makes it too personal.
The ideal of this type of story is to slowly understand what type of person is hidden behind the emotionless face depending on the situation, just like Kino.

6/8

6/9
7/8
6/6 not too into sports manga but good taste anyway
6/7 really cool look
8/8 love you for having gosenzosama
anime 7/8
anime movies 8.5/9 not the biggest eve no jikan fan
vidya 6/6 have you always had Vampire the Masquerade on there I coulda you used to have a mother game on your 3x3

Oh shit wrong image

>vidya 6/6 have you always had Vampire the Masquerade on there I coulda you used to have a mother game on your 3x3
There used to be a Mother game but that was a loooong time ago.

>anime 7/8
Which anime didn't you like?
Please don't tell me it's Monster.

>not the biggest eve no jikan fan
Yeah that movie has been in my 3x3 for awhile too. I've been meaning to change it with something else but nothing has come along to change my mind on it.

>Please don't tell me it's Monster
nah I'm not a fan of Cardcaptor Sakura found it really dull when I watched it a while back.

>posting but not rating
Great job faggot

Anyone who likes Voynich can't be that bad.

That author in general is really good.

4/4

4/4

1/1

3/5

2/2

bump

3/4
3/3
4/4
1/2
3/6

20/23
- Summer Wars
- Kara no Kyoukai
- 5cm/s

>not the biggest Eve no Jikan fan
>puts it in 6x6
¿Por qué?

I made that a few years ago didn't mean to post it. I used to like the film but when I went back and rewatched it it didn't really do anything for me.
This is the one I meant to post

I suggest rating others

Sorry, didn't think I could provide much input on other people charts. My manga and anime tastes arent exactly broad, like I said.

Then go out on your own and read more manga, these aren't meant to be recommendation threads.

Fuck you nerd I just wanted to share my 3x3. I didn't make any demands.

Rate others and just use the recommendation wiki to find other manga. Your taste is very entry level which makes it hard to recommend things because I can't even tell what it is that you like based on your 3x3. Just that you like popular manga that is good.

Hinamatsuhi if you liked Yotsuba. It has the same level of cuteness. It was in my 3x3 but then the recent chapters were meh.

You might like Shigurui since it's samurai and grimdark but idk.

I'm not good at recommending manga because I can't judge what people like or dislike. My rule is to watch and read as much as possible, so I don't know what to recommend.

If you gave me a theme, emotion or genre, maybe I could get you something.

So I haven't really made a 3x3 before.
Is it anime you liked/anime you've watched or
anime you watched/anime you recognize ?

Yes.
And -1 if you didn't like it.

2/6
1/5
3/6 S
3/6
1/4
Nice colors, what's upper right?
3/3
3/3
4/5
This is horrible since you have to sit through the entire thing. Maybe if they play at the same time?
2/4
4/4 on anime
0/5
1/3
3/3

>what's upper right?
Kino.

>what's upper right?
Kino

>yfw Arete Hime is the only one what I haven't seen in this chart(?)
22/35 (I know it's not your actual 3×3, but still)

2/3

5/8

3/3
3/3
3.5/4
2/3
3/3 a, 3.5/4 am
4/4
3/3
4/4
5/5 tv, 5/5 movie

>3.5/4 am
Whch ones didn't you like?

>Jesus, at lease have all of your 3x3 move at the same time because waiting for each scene to move on its own is annoying.

>This is horrible since you have to sit through the entire thing. Maybe if they play at the same time?

Got it. It'll definitely help with increasing the bitrate and quality of image to make it shorter. At the same time though, it's a video and you can just click at different time stamps to see what you can recognize.

I liked eve, disappearance, and kiki. I thought 5cm was alright, but I probably need to rewatch it.

The problem however is when everything moves at the same time, you get migraines but that might just be me.
Personally, I like your idea of things running one at a time, just cut down the runtime overall. Like 2-3 sec per image, maybe less.

gay/queer
homo/fag
gunbuster is cool

>gunbuster is cool
Meh. Gunbuster is just a series of cool ideas meshed together without substance or emotional attachment.

I might one day make a video on that topic.
I swear, people love it just because of those cool moments and that Anno made it.
And boob jiggle.

>I might one day make a video on that topic.
I would like to subscribe and like senpai. :)

are you the same guy who wants to make a Monster video someday?

Meh. I keep bitching about Gunbuster in 3x3 threads since forever, might as well make use of it I guess.
I have to explain my point and then add an addentum that there's no problem liking Gunbuster because what makes the OVA shit is what makes it good and unique.

Yeah, it's me. I've been making a list of topics I want to make video analysis about on anime or whatever.
I'm close to finishing my Monster analysis video. Having an endlessly dry mouth and recording is a bitch. I'm at +4k words and I'm about 2/3 done recording the lines.

Once I'm done, I swear, no one will misunderstand the ending of Monster. Especially when I explain the theme of the entire show at the end.

Once you're done, I swear, no one is going to watch your 4,000 word analysis of the ending of an anime they didn't like.

Without love it cannot be seen.
I don't mind or care.

I don't like this.
I don't like this.
I'm okay with this.
I'm okay with this.
I don't like this.
I don't like this.
I would like this without Prison School.
I don't like this.
I don't like you.
I like this.
I like this.
I like this.
I like this.
I'm mostly okay with this.
I don't like this.
I'm okay with this.
I'm mostly okay with this.
I kind of like this.
I'm indifferent to this.

>I don't like you.
Huh, you don't like me as a person. Any reason?

We've been over this before but I find your behavior unpleasant, I don't like your taste and your critical approach, and you like to shit up the threads with your stupid embarrassing roleplaying.

Hating the person and not the taste is boring.
My critical approach is one of duality.
What a work says about existence and the emotions I felt.

I don't seem to recall what you disliked about my critical approach. I can't remember, my memory is horrible.

>What a work says about existence
I'm not really in the mood for your nonsense but this one just sounds too silly. Care to elaborate?

What a work says about reality, the human condition or of existence (metaphysical or otherwise).
Works of art have two objective, to tell you something about life, art itself or reality. The total of which is called existence. The other is to make you relate to the characters emotionally. Emotions might be fictional, but so long as emotions are truthful and understandable, people will empathize.
The rational and irrational.

What's hard to understand?
Although I mostly bitch about plot inconsistency more than emotional reaction because I feel mostly nothing. So I overly subjectively praise something I can connect to on an emotional level or can make me feel emotions.

You know, I've checked the archives and I honestly can't find a single time you've rated me or talked to me.

I can't remember what I criticized that made you dislike me.
What is about Kaiba? Or was it Redline?

I don't know you but I also dislike you just by the autistic way you talk fag

Also boring. You're like a woman bitching about the tone rather than what is said.

Heh. Aren't you just a little hypocrite, cuppy? Acting like a condescending teacher for the rest of these nerds when you used to shitpost a lot in the past, showing me your thoughts like the pinnacle of taste while being an asshole? I'm not defending the other idiot, I just find your delusions of superiority funny. You're funny.
>roleplaying
Except that was like almost a year ago, super old. If you want to lynch him with something, I would criticize how he always bring his plans to make a video to whatever conversation he goes. Like, god, shut up already.
I agree with that. Hahahaha!!

>you can't mention your dislike of anything except the points I'm trying to make
This shit has never made sense to me. If you talk like a fag, people call you a fag, deal with it. There's literally nothing unfounded about that unless they try to use it as a criticism of your points.

Watching nerds bullying each other is always funny. Pls continue

>What a work says about reality, the human condition or of existence (metaphysical or otherwise).
Well, I guess I know who I can safely ignore in the future. Judging by message is literally the shittiest possible approach to art.

You clearly have never gotten in an argument with a woman before

>If you talk like a fag, people call you a fag, deal with it.
>wooow your voice sound funny!
>that somehow means that you're a XXXXX and have shit opinions
Doesn't tell me anything about how I think or view things.

>Like, god, shut up already.
Jesus, I barely mention it.

I think it's pretty arrogant of you to give these kinds of boundaries to art but I understand your desire to have a sturdy framework to operate with. You're still obviously a layman when it comes to literary criticism so you should know your place and stick to humble observations and personal connections, without any pretense of high level theoretical discourse.
I've tried talking to you about all sorts of shit over the years. I don't think we've been over Kaiba in any sort of depth and I never even bothered bringing up Redline though.
You still think I'm cuppy? He's not the only condescending asshole in here you know.

>that somehow means that you're a XXXXX and have shit opinions
Nobody has tried to make this kind of connection here. Don't worry, I carefully isolate your shitty personality and your shitty opinions and reasoning.

>Judging by message is literally the shittiest possible approach to art.
How so? Simply saying so doesn't make it so.

Art is a selective re-creation of reality according to an artist’s metaphysical value-judgments. Art reflects reality, and so we judge works by how much they reflect existence and what it says about existence and the human condition.

I'm really tired of people saying things are self evident and use that mention of self evidence as proof of their position or dismissal of other position.

>You still think I'm cuppy?
I never mentioned you were cuppy before now, I always thought you were him. So I guess I'm wrong? My bad.
>I barely mention it.
Yes, barely, but every time.

Hehehe this funny

>I think it's pretty arrogant of you to give these kinds of boundaries to art but I understand your desire to have a sturdy framework to operate with.
These are my boundaries to defining art and interpreting, not the merit of art itself. Do not mistake the two.

Although I might have switched reality for existence in my ramble. Existence itself is limiting over reality itself. I hope semantics are not the root of the argument.

>You're still obviously a layman when it comes to literary criticism so you should know your place and stick to humble observations and personal connections, without any pretense of high level theoretical discourse.
Pffftt, no. I'll judge and criticize whatever I feel like criticizing. My evaluation does nothing to the overall value of the art itself, so it doesn't matter. The fact that you feel there should be a holy standard by which all art should be viewed and analyzed says more about your imposing view than what I am lacking.
You've said nothing about nothing.

>I've tried talking to you about all sorts of shit over the years
I can't remember those conversation. As far as I know, we've never actually talked before. My memory is honestly terrible. Sometimes it feels as though I remember nothing.

>These are my boundaries to defining art and interpreting, not the merit of art itself. Do not mistake the two.
I suppose that's just how far your grasp on art reaches then. Just don't force this on others and you'll be fine.
>You've said nothing about nothing.
I know, I really just wanted to insult you rather than prove anything.

Then you have said nothing and prove nothing, therefore not changing my mind. So I will continue criticizing as I have. You only insult people after you make a point, not before.

An elitist that doesn't prove how he's an elitist is a worthless man.

>Except that was like almost a year ago
What am I doing here? To think I almost escaped these threads

Bah. You all can try to paint your way of criticize all you want, but to me your system is very simple. It's boring or has nothing able to surprise you anymore, so you don't like it, or it's entertaining and cute, maybe you find a little of yourself inside this cartoon, something that reminds you of yourself, so you like it and defend it like the most shiny work of art. The rest is just trash or simply too popular of entry-level to pay attention, maybe you secretly like it but you're not going to say it.
What I'm trying to say is that you all are just a bunch of nerds.

I doubt it Juju

See, this is a nice approach for a layman. Talking about the ways characters are supposed to be characterized, 'plot holes', narrative structure and whatnot, these always come off as shallow and limiting when you don't have a broad perspective, extensive knowledge of narrative theory, and an exceptional handle on the English language.

>so you should know your place and stick to humble observations and personal connections
I'll do whatever I want
YEEHAW

Sometimes I wish I had swirlyed the dork out of kids when I was in school, so there wouldn't be so many wild faggots running around everywhere

Yet you haven't explained how I criticize in a laymen term, only stating that I do.

That's just all a masquerade to hide your real opinion. I like what I like and that's all, why can't you say that? Do you really care about being impeccable and pretentious? Pls, just enjoy your damn anime and have fun, user.

>That's just all a masquerade to hide your real opinion. I like what I like and that's all, why can't you say that? Do you really care about being impeccable and pretentious? Pls, just enjoy your damn anime and have fun, user.
It's an elaboration of an opinion rather than a masquerade, if you apply valid methodology. You can always reach more insight, which consequently brings more appreciation. Entertainment doesn't have to be a strictly emotional thing you know. You can enjoy your cartoon on a purely visceral level but don't go dismissing different approaches just because you settled.

Who is dismissing different approaches?

I'm sorry if I understood you wrong but it seemed like you were saying something along the lines of 'just turn your brain off and have fun'.

This is sooo boring. I'm super bored. Bye
That wasn't me.

I'm kinda new to manga so here's a 3x3 out of the best ones I've read till now.

4/4

4/4 Hikari best girl

3/4

You are in conflict, because your minds are clouded and corrupted by your souls made heavy by the demiurge; you must liberate yourselves

Free your mind and your ass will follow. The kingdom of heaven is within

>Hiroshi and Tohru
Nice.

Awww, what a cute bump. Sage

Where to make mosaic?

Use
bighugelabs.com/mosaic.php

thanks

>Helping another human being in exchange of nothing but the feeling of doing the right thing and the happiness of someone else.
You disgust me, user. I despise you.

And for the love of God, use images from google or that anyone can recognize.

>in exchange for nothing
Heh, you think I'm selfless? Just think, soon that user will reveal his shit taste and I will criticize him!
But really, I wanted to bump the thread.

too late senpai it's all screencaps now.

Oh, I understand now. That makes way more sense. Sage

FUCK.

I immediately regret my decision.

You deserve this pain, you stupid nerd. Now suffer in silence while this thread slowly dies.

Should I keep OVAs and films separate?

Do whatever you want to do, you big baby. It's your 3x3. Have a little of individualism. Jesus.

1/2
1/2
1/2
1/2
2/4
0/1
2/2
1/2
2/4
3/4
1/2
1/3

I was just wondering senpai calm down.

Get out of my sight, nerd.

harsh

No! It was on page 8, idiot! We were almost there, but you ruin it. Die, you dumb!

Hayai

Made for no reason other than to bump the thread.

Top left was hardsubbed.

Not fair. Where's the fun if I'm the one who end up being defeated and not the nerds? Not cool!

my bad forgot to rate
3/4 -redline
2/5
good/taste in manga
5/6

>tales from earthsea
>wtf

Are we finally regressing back to the hissy fit era? That's truly when these threads shined, and it would be great to have the misguided passion back.