What did you think of Advent Children when it first came out? What do you think of it now?

What did you think of Advent Children when it first came out? What do you think of it now?

Other urls found in this thread:

clerith.heliohost.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=pS1banAsz9E
youtube.com/watch?v=sXtGxHF83eI
youtube.com/watch?v=MOJ91H4mraU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The start was interesting and it looked cool but I didn't like the fact that they had to all fuse into Sephiroth to boost sales.

Not anime
Not manga
>>>out

Looking at your image, it does look like Kingsglaive managed to improve realism in its 3D, especially the environments.

>not anime
it was made in Japan, wasn't it?
being 2d is not what makes an anime

Kill yourself.

Kill blond edgy shithead. ZACK IS BETTER!

>Then
I like Tifa's boobs
>Now
I like Tifa's boobs

SPOILER AERITH DIES

Great CG. Shitty story.

right when it came out in japan, i made the omnislash as a gif to put as an avatar for whatever shit forums
enjoyed the butthurt

I thought it was shit then and I think it's shit now.

I was 13 and thought it was amazing. I saw it on X-play so I thought it must be cool and bought the DVD with my allowance.

Even though I had never in my life played FFVII or any of the other games related to the movie and still haven't.

Now I don't really give a damn about it.

It looked really interesting when the trailers came out, but it was obviously shit.

- All the characters, but mostly Cloud and Tifa, lost any and all unique aspects of their character designs because SE was sucking Gaket's cock at the time and they wanted Tifa to look liker her VA (or however you spell that washed up pop star faggots name)

- Retconned Cloud's character to a sniveling crybaby little bitch who hides from his family and moans about Aerith's death when he had gotten over all that by the end of the game.

- Brought in three completely stupid unnecessary silver haired faggots for no fucking reason. Not to mention they were absolute shit and uninteresting characters.

- Reno and Rude were cringe comic relief instead of being the chill bro's the were in the game

- Yuffie screaming about bugs

- Useless character cameos because they didn't know what to do with Red, Berrit, Cait Sith, and Cid.

- CG was better in Spirits Within

- The real Cloud was supposed to be a shy, kind, but sort of angry guy but his personality is forever changed to some sudo badass broding cuntface in a simaler vain to Sasuke.

Remind me if I forgot something.

The motorcycle scene was metal as fuck.
Other than that, meh.

>- Retconned Cloud's character to a sniveling crybaby little bitch who hides from his family and moans about Aerith's death when he had gotten over all that by the end of the game.
True. It muddled the development he got from the game; it's ok for him to be mopey, but the movie messes it up.

>- Brought in three completely stupid unnecessary silver haired faggots for no fucking reason. Not to mention they were absolute shit and uninteresting characters.
There were there so Sephiroth could come back, though they only need Kadaj.

Which one? There's like three

They were all over the top stupid and with the camera moving around like some spastic ADHD child, you could barely tell what the fuck was going on.

Nothing but trash. Good Shinra fanservice, tho.

Ok, this is a legit complaint. If you slow down some of the fights, you can see some real neat shit going on:

>Kadaj jumping off of Cloud's sword in their last fight
>Cloud's sword boomeranging back to him in the Bahamut fight
>Sephiroth using reverse grip for a split second
>Seph also loses his balance for a second in the last battle

But for some reason, everything is cut and edited in such a way that the battles are both flashy yet incomprehensible on the first viewing.

Ever since he came to smash I fucking hate this edgemaster.

>SE wants Cloud to be the poster boy for brooding emo fag
>Cloud "Alright everyone, let's mosey" Striffe will never come back
I'm sad

Holy shit, what the fuck is that last one!

Dissidia seems to be changing that

I think it's from a G Bike mobile game?

>Dissidia seems to be changing that
How exactly? He still seems like the same asshole as AC.

user YOU RUINED IT.

>G Bike mobile game?
Absolutely disgusting. Not even trolling. Fuck SE

when will smash become a fighting game?

damn man. I feel like I punk for not noticing.

>>>out

All I remember is it being released like three thousand times

It sucked then it sucks now. It turned Cloud and Sephiroth into the exact thing people made fun of them for being.

Also it needed more Yuffie

His facials seem a bit more confident; he even has a new stance (albeit it doesn't really make sense). He generally feels like he does at the start of FFVII

Don't feel that way. I saw that reverse grip on a whim. It's a shame because they make those fights more interesting

The original KH version of Cloud is probably the best looking most accurate to his original design we'll ever get.

>Also it needed more Yuffie
>"OH MY GOD BUGS!"
No fuck you.

Ideally the OH MY GOD BUGS would be removed as well

Cloud was fine in Dirge of Cerebus.

He was dying of super cancer at the time of the movie man.

>He was dying of super cancer at the time

that's another sack of stupid in itself

>Cloud was fine in Dirge of Cerebus.
How the hell would you even know this? He was only shown helping out in action sequences for 5 minutes or less.

>"I have lifestream cancer. I guess that means I should run away from my family, keep them in the dark about said cancer, live in a dilapidated church, and cry about the girl Sephiroth killed three years ago."

No, it was fucking stupid user.

the blu ray version of the seph fight was much better than the first release

I liked the extended Zack scenes in Advent Children Complete, tying it in with Crisis Core's ending.

>That part where Seph stabs him through the foot to the shoulder

The extended cut did do a better job of explaining shit but overall AC is still crap.

Also, screw CC. Turned Tifa into a 14 year old whore. What the fuck was wrong with her original cute conservative cowgirl outfit? They really have to just go back and fuck with everything don't they.

I quite like the A.C outfits. It's what I use in Dissidia

didn't they replace that with cloud just getting stabbed like 5000000 times instead XD

I downloaded the Blu-ray of this the other week, still haven't watched it. I got the DVD as a gift when it was still a new thing.

AC Tifa looks like hell in Dissidia. It's mostly her hair and face though. The only time I think she ever looked good in that outfit was in KH2. She was a fucking QT in that game

That was also around the time I realized square enix is in trouble.

The only thing I didn't like about Tifa's original outfit was that she had a leather skirt instead of leather short shorts. That would have not only looked so much better not to mention practical for a martial artist.

Personally, I would love a complete overhaul of their secondary outfits. Every character had some stupid emp black leather motif going on which looked awful.

Something close to pic related would have been neet.

Deciding to butcher Cloud's character by making him what the fans thought he was rather than what he actually was was a retarded idea.

My brother, Zack was fucken enjoyable to be around or at least had the capacity to smile.

I remember that this was like THE hypest shit when it was coming out. Like, "holy fuck, this will be the greatest thing to come out of Japan" sort of thing

And it was just alright. Really confusing story honestly.

I liked it.

I think it doesn't hold up well.

>mfw someone in the fucking dub script thought this was a good idea
>And it was said multiple times

The BD (ACC) is around 40 minutes longer than the dvd version. They tided up scenes and added new ones adding in more character development for other characters such as Zack, and Denzel. I liked ACC but hated AC.

The japanese version was just as retarded so shut your pocky hole

>Denzel

Denzel can go to fucking hell

I really really hate that this movie essentially forever turned Cloud and Sephiroth into essentially what people joked about what they could have been forever and what's worse is that a lot of people grew up with AC as part of, if not, their first exposure to FFVII along with the KH portrayals so we've essentially got brooding dark Cloud and ultra fabulous "dindu nuthin" Seph for the rest of our lives

On a technical level I think it's one of the most magnificent looking CGI films ever, we need more like it. I wonder just how much of it was mo-cap though.

Actually, if you get the subbed version of the extended cut, the true meaning of that in English would be closer to "Drag drag drag" which make a shit load more snese since Cloud is still draging all of his old baggage shit around and won't let go.

Spirits Within was better looking then AC and that came out years before. Seriously, the whole Asian doll look was fucking stupid then and fucking stupid now.

>- CG was better in Spirits Within

no it fucking wasn't

Always thought that the super cancer just caused depression

I mean everyone with super cancer (Vincent, Rufus, those white-haired bitch troop) also were brooding.

By the recommendation of some user, I listened to the fan audiobooks of On the Way to a Smile and following up with ACC. It makes it much more enjoyable.

It turned the cocky, tryhard-confident Cloud into a emo doormat.

Yes it fucking was you blind retard. And despite the story being complete shit the characters at least looked like actual human beings.

more like uncanny valley dolls

AC did the best with their aesthetic but SW tried and failed miserably with theirs.

Entertaining, nice CGI and action, godawful and confusing plot. A decade won't change that.

>What did you think of Advent Children when it first came out?
FFVI!!!!!!!!! HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!
> What do you think of it now?
Better CGI than berserk

Plot is that everyone that was injected with jenova cells got cancer

bunch of white-haired faggots thought that reviving the devil (Sephiroth) would cure them so they stole the last bits of Sephiroth they could find pissing everyone off

MC kicks their asses and Jesus (Aerith) heals them at the end.

>more like uncanny valley dolls
If anything AC was uncanny valley since they tried to do some kind of realistic looking/anime hybrid character and it just ended up looking like faggot doll/sudo Japanese shit.

I also, don't see anything uncanny about the characters in Spirits Within

The only time any FF7 the characters actually look comparable to their original designs in 3D is in Cloud in Kingdom Hearts 1 and everyone else in Kingdom Hearts 2

>Plot is that everyone that was injected with jenova cells got cancer
The plot was that dead Sephroth was corrupting the lifestream to give the living cancer.

It has an anime.

I remember Last Order being the only good one.

KG was ass are you kidding me? Atleast AC had consistency. The only good looking models in KG were the mocapped ones and they looked terrible in motion.

Younger me remembers the Cloud vs. Sephiroth fight being flashy and tight shit just for Omnislash, but that's about it.

Thanks for reminding me I still need to sit down and watch Kingsglaive one of these days.

Cloud was depressed because he was dying and it just brought the guilt of not saving Aerith back up, which I don't think he ever got over completely. Basically like re-opening old wounds. It's brought up in CoT when Tifa finds a letter from Aerith's mom wanting Cloud to bring flowers to her water grave or something and Tifa freaks out because she knows it's a sensitive subject for Cloud and something he still struggled with.

>not liking gbike cloud

GAAAYYY

Tifa was always a whore, stop your delusions.

VIII > VII

Yea, the Japanese version was "zuruzuruzuruzuru" which basically is implying he's dragging stuff around from his past. It was something Aerith said to him, so it resonated. The point was kinda lost in the English version because people didn't get what the fuck a shilly shally was.

>Final Fantasy High School edition
>good

anyway
X > VII > VIII

I know, I read Cot. It was a poorly written piece of crap. Also, the creators themselves said they retconned Cloud so they could have a plot for their shitty movie. Some user used to post a screencap of an old japanese q&a in Cred Forums a while back that proves it. Wish I had kept it now.

You're a whore. Tifa is pure and has loved Cloud since she was a kid. Aerith and Yuffie are the real sluts.
>That third picture where she's on the floor crying after her moms death.
Really user? For Shame.

Zack was better. Does anyone remember Dirge of Cerberus? I somehow liked Vincent in that one. More interesting than Cloud as a main character.

I prefer Squall over Cloud simply because he's better looking

>GAAAYYY
Well he's basically a leather clad faggot.

I don't know about well-written, but him being depressed because he's dying isn't that unrealistic. That usually happens when people know they're dying. and given everything that's written about his feelings for Aerith, I think him getting proper closure for not saving her was a good idea.

Honestly, VII wasn't well-written either and I think a lot of nostalgia fags don't notice that. The individual stories for characters were nice and charming and made you feel, but overall as a story it wasn't that well put together.

Squall is also infinitely more entertaining in Dissidia than Cloud.

I liked it when it was new, I was in middle school, and new literally nothing about FF7 outside of KH.

Now I don't hate it, but I don't like it. OST is top tier and fight scenes hold up still. I used to think everything looked so realistic cause "Wow you can see the pores on his skin!" It reminds me of DOA now with the animu eyes. Should have been less Nomura pretty boys and more Zack. Crisis Core is a savior.

Tifa is trash who never hung out with Cloud. She only had a boner for him when he was the coolguy who all the chicks were fawning over. Classic case of popular girl thinking the loser is suddenly worth her time because everyone else wants him too.

>really user

I like how you call Aerith and Yuffie sluts, but when it comes to Trashfa, it's srsbsns. Waifufags are the worst.

He rides a bike. The game is literally about him riding a bike. Leather is pretty common for people who ride motorcycles all the time. Besides, it looks cool.

Still good & cool as fuck. This movie visual & direction had blown my mind when I was in middle school.
Fenrir is still my dream bike until now. Too bad it seems that bike can't even turn left or right normally.

Cloud got fucked the moment Nomura got his hands on him.
He got turned into a bag of issues completely different from the one he used to have, and he was made emo to boot (thought this was rather popular in the early and mid 2000s, sadly).

Nomura's new design also made Cloud look like a fucking woman. The best design he's got is Dissidia's. At least he looks like a man in there.

Cloud is supposed also to be white. Thus that "let's use a Japanese model on him, but use Caucasian traits on him too" ends up looking really, really odd, especially when the Japanese model is androgynous (leaning to feminine) as fuck.

Also, Cloud and Zack were supposed to look very similar, yet their current designs look nothing alike, not even the spikey hair.

Cloud's design for the remake is even weirder, as Cloud looks devoid of almost any muscle.

Nomura is a shit designer.

I still cringe at the thought.

>KG was ass
Could you elaborate further?

Pointless addition that regressed cloud for the sake of drama. Cool to watch though.

>but him being depressed because he's dying isn't that unrealistic.
I think what people find unrealistic is not that he's depressed about dying but that he leaves his home to live in a dilapidated church while and chose to die alone and leave Tifa and the kids out of the loop. And on top of that his brooding about "I couldn't save Aerith therefore I can't save anyone so I should just give up" is crap.

You're trash who obviously never played the fucking game. Tifa always wanted Cloud to hang out with her and always thought of him as her friend but he was too fucking busy being a bitter little cunt because the other guys happened to have the same idea as him. That's why he got into fights with them. He even fucking said so. Cloud was a little shit going "Bawww I want to be her only guy friend."

>She only had a boner for him when he was the coolguy who all the chicks were fawning over.
It was obvious she never gave a shit whether Cloud was famous or not. She only wanted him to be famous when she was fucking 12 so she could read about him in the newspapaer. And no girl wanted Cloud except for Aerith the slut. Tifa was the only girl who even knew and liked the "real" Cloud in the first place.

Keep fagging faggot.

>Cloud looks like a fucking woman

user, this is the guy who realistically passed for an attractive woman at Don Corneo's. Cloud was always pretty.

I agree about him not looking like Zack though. They fucked up with that one.

I think his remake design is realistic because of mako but I don't know if this is acknowledged by the devs. If he looks like that the whole game, it is pretty retarded.

>Nomura is a shit designer

I like some of his designs, but I understand why people don't like him because of his direction on Cloud leading to Cloud only being portrayed that way in all media after that. Even though he gets over it by the end of AC and in DoC? he's back to being pretty normal.

Do you know what depression is? Isolating yourself is one of the defining traits of depression. Self-hate and blame is as well. Depressed people feel guilty a lot and seeing as he never got proper closure for Aerith's death I'm not surprised it blew up like it did.

and Aerith frees him of his guilt and he does get over it and stops being a bitch by the end.

Shit.

Like pretty much everyone else I was a big FFVII fan when I was a teenager, but even despite that I realised what a piece of garbage this was.

>What do you think of it now?
Shit.

>Tifa always wanted Cloud to hang out with her
>thought of him as a friend

Yet they never hung out. I'm sorry but if she liked him so much, she would've hung out with him anyway.

The only real interaction she had with him was the water tower where she stongarms him into some shallow promise to become famous and be her hero.

and Jessie wanted Cloud, so did Yuffie. He was suddenly the "cool" guy that girls liked.

Tifa never knew the real Cloud, she was a plot device that just happened to be with him when shit went down so she could put his mind back together. the "slut" Aerith was the one who saw the real him because of her abilities.

>user, this is the guy who realistically passed for an attractive woman at Don Corneo's. Cloud was always pretty.
Being able to pass off as a woman with enough makeup is one thing. That means he has some soft facial features, but that doesn't necessarily have to translate into him looking really feminine.

Think about Zack, you could place a wig on him and place enough makeup on him, and he could also pass as a woman. Yet, he still manages to look manly.

>I think his remake design is realistic because of mako
He trained for SOLDIER. He received military training for several years. He was a grunt to boot, so he didn't develop the extra strength until Hojo experimented on him.

Zack, Sephiroth, Angeal had muscles, even Genesis did.

Well Psych 101 you know who else can be depressed? People who live with entire families and commit suicide while everyone says they didn't see anything wrong. There are dozens of different ways to handle the situation, but the movie just had to take the CRAWWWLING IIIN MY SKIIIIN route.

Don't know about you but Cloud literally falls in Aerith's lap and the first thing she says is "If you can be my bodyguard, I'll go on a date with you" when he never showed any interest in dating her whatsoever.

She also came off incredibly strong in her intentions for Clouds cock and she didn't want to get to know the real him until after their date happened.

>Yet, he still manages to look manly.
Maybe it's the jawline?

it was nice to see the visuals but the story was blegh

the Complete edition was a nice change but they we're still stuck with the storyline they came up with

It's hip based turning so yeah

So, you're literally just complaining to complain then? because if he did take the "evrything is okay!" route and killed himself people could also bitch and say "why didn't he ACT like he was depressed then?! THE FUCK!?!?! so stupid!"

That's kind of how flirting works user. You flirt and see if they respond. He accepted her offer and even flirts with her afterwards.

>I'm your bodyguard remember
>the deal was for one date right?

>She came off strong

So? She likes him what's wrong with that?

>didn't want to get to know him

No, she was actually bothered by him being like Zack at first but due to her abilities and spending time with him she saw the real him and grew to love him more than she ever loved Zack.

>grew to love him more than she ever loved Zack.
No she didn't.

user. Please, calm down. I'm not saying that was the way to take it, I'm just saying it's not a 100% "This is the way to go" type of situations.

Not just that. The bone cheeks make Zack look manlier.
Cloud has been given roundish cheeks which make him looking either boyish or feminine.

Cloud is also given reddish lips. That looks feminine as hell.

Cloud has a baby face that's why.

I watched it back in high school, I think 2008. I was just exposed to anime, manga and the Japanese mindsets.

Ff7 / AC was one of my bigger exposures to the Japanese / anime cgi films.

Since then I've developed a huge distaste for this kind of stuff because every character looks like a faggot, including the women.
Every main character is girly, skinny and or young while the muscled guys are just there as jokes and pretty much always lose.

This trend continues on to this day with shounen being the biggest culprit.

It doesn't matter how good the story is, if these elements exist, I wouldn't be able to enjoy it.

but that is the way they took it. and seeing as they could've taken any route by your logic, you're literally just mad they didn't take the route you wanted.

I'm sorry you bought into the CC melodrama retcon and think Zack and Aerith had some deep romance, but she was only one of his girls in VII and she even says in the materials that while he was her first love they never got particularly close.

and yes, she loved Cloud much more than she ever loved Zack. Her main concern when they get to his hometown in VII is if his parents will be alright and she even uses it as a way to flirt with Cloud asking him if he's jealous?

Not sure if I'm the only one who's cynical like this but I just wanted to vent.

Yet, that doesn't make sense, because he's supposed to look just like Zack. Otherwise, Aerith's first impression in mind makes no sense. Bear in mind there are already some glaring differences, like the hair colour, or the fact that Zack is 6'3" whereas Cloud is a 5' 7" manlet, so making them look even more different is a very stupid idea.

Nope.

Yeah, I know.
Too bad. It's cool as fuck, though.

He wasn't supposed to be Zacks twin, just have similarities. The motherfucker is blonde and Zack's hair is black, ofcourse they don't look like copies of each other.

and Aerith's first impression of him wasn't just looks based. She said the way he moved, his kindness, things like that reminded her of Zack.

It should've just focused on Cloud getting over Aerith and Zack, It'd make a good omake material. That's pretty much the core thing of it anyways. Cloud dragging himself back up. The whole Geostigma and Kadaj's gang conflict can be cut, and the arc can still be intact.

But if that's the case, we wouldn't get the sick ass fight scenes.

Okay, I'll take your word for it sperglord, seeing as your opinion means so much more than official material and in-game scenes.

>Not anime

This is literally anime, faggot.

Go ask any Japanese about it.

Good.

Sure, they didn't look like twins, but they were supposed to have a striking resemblance to each other.
Now, they don't look similar at all.
Consider Zack didn't even have a given height back in FFVII, and by AC/CC he was made 6'3", so he towers over Cloud and by a lot. Their faces look nothing alike, and their hair look completely different.

There's absolutely no similarity between them.

Either Cloud should have been retconned into being taller, or Zack's height should have been stated to be similar to Cloud's. Their faces should have been similar too.

Yuffie was the first loli

It simply shouldn't have been made.
FFVII's story had been properly wrapped up. There was nothing more to tell.
Notice they had to regress Cloud's character development, come up with Lifestream/JENOVA AIDS, and revive Sephiroth (whose will had already been defeated in the game) in order to make a story.

FFVII shouldn't have been toughed unless they had a really good story in hand, which they didn't.

The graphics aged like shit.

The shinra tower at the end looks straight like a ps1 fmv.

The plot was always shit.

The ost is good and is still good.

>Yet they never hung out. I'm sorry but if she liked him so much, she would've hung out with him anyway.
never specified "when" as kids. And it was Cloud's fault for them not hanging out. He was the bitter jealous shithead that stayed away because she had other guy friends. That's why he would always follow her and shit when the other guys weren't around. She started falling for Cloud sometime between the water tower and the Sephroth incident.
>The only real interaction she had with him was the water tower
Where HE invited her to meet because the other guys had fucked off.
>she strong arms him into some shallow promise to become famous and be her hero.
How horrible, A 12 year old girl wants a guy she find interesting to be famous and her hero. Thats way more shallow then some pink bitch falling for a guy she's never meet because he reminds her of her ex. Seriously fuck off.
>and Jessie wanted Cloud
To which Tifa was never aware of.
>so did Yuffie
Bullshit. If you're talking about the date shit none of that is canon unless you're retarded enough to think that Berrit liked him too.
>Tifa never knew the real Cloud, she was a plot device that just happened to be with him when shit went down so she could put his mind back together.
Yeah, Tifa didn't know who the real Cloud was. That's why Aerith says that only TIfa knows the real cloud in her own novel right retard.
>Aerith was the one who saw the real him because of her abilities.
She only saw that he wasn't being himself. She didn't meet the real Cloud until she saw Tifa put his shit back together in the lifestream.
Also, Aeris was nothing but a plot device to garner sympathy from the audience and a way to release the holy matirea. Which didn't even fucking work in the end anyway.
Here clerith.heliohost.org/ go back to the cancerous containment site you came from. They're delusional Aerith faggots who like to ignore continuity and replace it with retarded headcanon just like yourself.

It's true, Aerith tells Zack in the lifestream that she loves Cloud more than him, which is stupid because she doesn't even know who the real Cloud was until Tifa put his memories back together.

She then says she's jealous of Tifa and fucks off back to the lifestream until AC.

Sorry Maiden isn't canon.

Square Enix says differently. For the sake of argument though, if Maiden isn't canon then that would mean there's no proof whatsoever that Aerith was truly in love with Cloud at all, let alone the "real" Cloud.

I actually like this one cause it fits with the world hes in

Ruined the canon of one of my favorite games of all time just like X-2

Too bad Square wasn't in their prime when they decided to throw EUs at every goddamn thing.

Honestly you may be the only one mad ITT.

True. He's got an adorable type of face while Sephiroth, the most beautiful of the male cast, still looks like a guy even with lipstick and eye shadow. Looking at AC images, I think it's the girliest he's been yet. Crisis Core gave him eyelashes galore but he didn't look like he just got back off the runway.

Peripherial non-canon shit that wanks on Sephiroth and Emo!Cloud versions of the characters, who are constantly used in other Square clusterfucks like Kingdom Hearts.

The battles were pretty flashy and fun, though. And it's definitely something The Spirits Within needed (along with some Moogles and Chocobos), But damn, fuck the 00's compilation and fuck this.

Crisis Core is the only decent thing out of that, but then you literally have Gackt in it for some reason.

I'm already mentally prepared for Square-Enix to fuck the remake by adding any shit from the compilation and "connect things".

Also, I disagree about people saying Lightning is the most overrated FF character. It's Cloud, has always been Cloud.

user, Yuffie never canonically liked Cloud and the only time she shows she does is on the date which is never mention or talked about in canon continuity.

>wahh it was Cloud's fault

Typical waifufag blaming everyone else.

>when he invited her

The other guys invited her to the tower too and made similar promises to her when they left.

>How horrible

I'm sorry you think shallow promises indicate a deep feelings, especially when that was their only real interaction. and Aerith was bothered by him being like Zack, she fell for him afterwards.

>to which Tifa was never aware of

Cloud was the typical cool guy that all the girls liked trope, her not keeping track of every girl who likes him doesn't mean she didn't realize this.

>bullshit

I'm sorry you can't tell the difference between a joke date with Barret and Yuffie being tsundere.

>her own novel

Isn't that the novel you Tifa-keks like to say is not canon when it suits you?

>Aeris was a plot device

As much as Cloud was. and if her purpose was to garner sympathy like you say, that has nothing to do with plot. You're literally just mad that people cared about her.

>Aerithfags on Cred Forums
They still fucking exist? They're like the Sakurafags of the 90's.

>The graphics aged like shit.
Makes me wonder what KG will look like in 5 years.

Except it says in other materials besides Maiden that she loved Cloud much more than she loved Zack and saw through to the real him because of her abilities.

Cool graphics and shit plot.

Well, we finally have games with graphics like FFVII:AC.
Unfortunately the plot is also like the plot of FFVII:AC

They pop up every now and then.

What materials?

>you may be the only one mad

I'm not the one who cries for 10 years about emo Cloud.

I thought the CG was awesome, the story was shit but I liked the final fight.

Now I still think the CG was really good for its time and still like the final omnislash animation, the bahamut fight was fun too.

>The plot was that dead Sephroth was corrupting the lifestream to give the living cancer.

That's even dumber

>shilly shally dilly dally

cringed so hard I dropped it then and there.

The Ultimanias.

Brought to you buy the same brilliant mind that put the X 2.5 novella out.

It's like Nomura was pretending to be a barber with Cloud. G-Bike!Cloud looks like he's recovering from a bad haircut.

>KH!Cloud is the most accurate looking Cloud if you take away the scarf and that ridiculous wing.

Kinda ironic.

>>What did you think of Advent Children when it first came out?
>Cool graphics and shit plot.
>>What do you think of it now?
>Well, we finally have games with graphics like FFVII:AC.
>Unfortunately the plot is also like the plot of FFVII:AC

I think this is the biggest problem I have with modern Japanese video games - AC tier plot

Hilarious CGI B-Movie.

I cringed and I'm not even a burgerfag.

But let's be honest and fair, what the fuck is "TSURU, TSURU, TSURU, TSURU" supposed to mean anyway? It was just some random shit the seiyuu improvised or what the fuck?

I almost can't blame them for giving it that weird ass adaptation.

>Nomura is a shit designer.
He's a shit everything. Thank goodness he got XV taken away from him.

>>wahh it was Cloud's fault
>Typical waifufag blaming everyone else.
Typical Aerithfag with no fucking argument to the contrary
>>when he invited her
>The other guys invited her to the tower too and made similar promises to her when they left.
Where, in your head canon?
>Cloud was the typical cool guy that all the girls liked trope,
Says you only
>her not keeping track of every girl who likes him doesn't mean she didn't realize this.
>"Tifa only liked Cloud when he got popular and other girls wanted him"
>Had no idea any other girl liked him until Aerith came along
Your argument is is dead moron.
>Yuffie being tsundere.
Ahahahahahahahaha. Also no fucking proof of this except for the questionably canon date shit.
>Isn't that the novel you Tifa-keks like to say is not canon when it suits you?
Lol since when? Why would we do that when it proves Tifa was the only one who could save Cloud and that Aerith got cucked even in death.
Aerith only purpose was to get holy to fucking work.
I bet you think Cloud is molesting flowers in the flower fields because it's the only way he can be with his true love Aerith like every other Aerith cuck.

Versus was the only thing I liked of Nomura's and seeing as XV looks like dogshit, I'd have to disagree with you.

Aerithfags are the worst. Shitting the world up since 199 fucking 7.

Versus was edgy My Immortal fanfic tumblr trash. XV at least looks like an actual game.

It's in the materials, I'm sorry you're so uninformed and like sperging like an autist anytime someone critiques your trashfu who's only purpose is being a love interest to the MC.

>who are all these faggots?

Tifafags only think by using their dick.

>Denzel can go to fucking hell

I don't know, I liked Denzel's PoV. It was a good insight on the Midgar people.

>On the Way to a Smile

This.

The novel version, of course.

Advent Children is still shit, though.

>XV looks like an actual game

because it's being released? I'd really rather it not at this point. Square wasted so much time on it and it looks like shit. Should've just canned the whole thing and moved on a long time ago.

>it looks like shit
Not as shit as Versus tho.

It was the first anime I ever watched, with my spic friend back in 9th grade. It got me into watching anime and japanese 2D/animated media in general. I enjoyed it when I watched it, because I'd never really seen something like that before, and while it's not a masterpiece I still enjoyed it when I rewatched it last year.

It's a fun movie, even if it is pretty stupid.

Moogle girl a cute, A CUTE.

>They pop up every now and then
I have no idea who this Aerithfag think's he's convinving. At this point he's just a buthurt Aerithfag calling out Tifafags for being waifufags when that's exactly what he is.

>The only thing I didn't like about Tifa's original outfit was that she had a leather skirt
You're killing my soul here dude.

What's your point? Versus isn't getting released either way, XV is.

I wanted leather short shots instead. They're hotter.

Actually that has always been the Tifafags. You're proving it right now too. All Tifafags ever do is scream about how the other girls are whores. She is a horrendously written character whose only merit is her assets. Not to mention bland as fuck as a character.

I love how you ignore the fact she was going to go to Don Corneo's mansion willingly to "get information out of him" haha, haha, haha... yeah, just talk to a pimp.

Holy shit, has some old and long decayed shipping war just been dragged up from the depths of time and rekindled? Fuck.

Delusional, Deranged, Feral. Keep Posting, In the words of the mighty LoN

Tifa best girl

Never watched it, or played FFVII for that matter, but I want to fuck Tifa.

Exactly. They never learn.

A leather miniskirt with suspenders and a tank top is God-tier. I like shorts second best, but her outfit is fucking perfection.

Nomura is literally the Daiz of the FF franchise. Everything that was associated with Amano was great. The decline of the series started with the games Nomura started with, even if they weren't inherently bad games.

>there are people on Cred Forums who don't realize Anime is simply the term for Japanese Animation

Cloud is best girl. Zack best boy, nothing else matters,

Guys, GUYS, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN:

Aeris or Aerith? I'm aware the latter is the correct one, bit the former one is more fun to pronounce

I don't really care either way.

I don't care. Franchise died after IX for me. That was last GREAT Final Fantasy game. The PS2 era onwards has been mediocre to just flat-out garbage. Square-Enix needs to close up shop. They've lapped their prime at this point.

Some retarded Aerithfag started shit by calling Tifa a whore and on it went. Typical Aerithfag behavour. They're still angry because the better girl cucked her good.

Saw someone watching it, looked like all style no substance.

It's Aerith.

I remember I was so gay for Cloud back then. Fuck I still might be.

It's been almost 2 decades. They should get over it.

I didn't play FF7 when I first saw it and it was confusing as fuck. But then I became a hermit and accumulate all FF knowledge. And then I realized the movie was shit, beautiful to look at though.

Hold on, what is this "Maiden" shit? I've been disconnected from the FF fanbase for too long.

Is this some side-fanfic like one they did about FFX about Tidus dying by kicking an explosive Blitzball?

Aeris. If you say Aerith you just sound like a Down Syndrome person with a lisp.

While I agree with your general opinion, I did spend quite a lot of time on XI and have some very fond memories from it. I consider everything after that worthless though, with the small exception of a few remakes and spin-offs, like FF4:AS.

Well, I agree Square should just die at this point, seeing as it's unlikely they will ever learn their lesson.

>Is this some side-fanfic like one they did about FFX about Tidus dying by kicking an explosive Blitzball?

Yes.

Do you think Sakurafags will ever get over losing the Narutobowl? Pretty much the same thing here.

>Is this some side-fanfic like one they did about FFX about Tidus dying by kicking an explosive Blitzball?
It's a questionably canon Novel from Aerith's point of view.

Not that user, but I actually like the msq for XIV. but yea, death to Squeenix and all that.

>spin-offs
I liked Final Fantasy Type-0 on the PSP. Fuck that HD remake tho.

It's Aeris, faggot.

I never played XIV, but I see tons of art for it on the boorus, and I have to ask: is there something in the story that makes a suggestion about futanari? Because there is a fucking metric ton of futanari FFXIV fanart. No complaints here.

A lot of projecting there. Unless you have some weird dialect or forgot how to speak aloud you dont sound like you have a lisp just by pronouncing "th."

I pretend all the extra FF7 shit didn't happen similar to FFX-2.

>Thank goodness he got XV taken away from him.

I overall agree with you on Nomura,but I actually wanted to play Versus, not whatever Tabata did with the renmants.

Also, I wanted Noctis vs Stella. It would have been somewhat refreshing.

On the other hand, I somewhat warmed up to Prompto.

I like to think that to user

Really? I played the first mission and then stopped and deleted it. I liked the uniforms but fuck that gameplay.

>Noctis vs Stella
It sounds good in concept, but knowing Nomura he would have fucked that up big time. The man doesn't deliver.

thought it was okay for the fights when it came out. I was 16 at the time.

Looking back it's a piece of crap and especially them adding the stupid three sepiroth clones that did absolutely nothing.

... I still like cloud's sword in the movie though.

What do you mean by saw the real him? I don't remember anything like that happening

>Type-0

My nigga. Yes, the PSP version is superior.

The one that gets voiced by Marina Inoue is best girl.

And the one that gets voiced by Tomokazu Sugita is best boy.

Eight is also ftw.

Cloud was never really Cloud till Tifa put him back together in the life stream. The Aerith fag claims that She saw through to the real him all along which is crap since both the date in the game and the Maiden novel says otherwise.

Non non, Nine is best boy. But King is ok.

This.

Seriously, all those spin-offs are pointless. Crisis Core might get a pass, because it's the most decent one out of all that shit.

The remake worries me, though.

Aeries best girl!!!!

Can't wait to save her in the secret ending for the remake

>Can't wait to save her in the secret ending for the remake
The fuck are you even talking about?

>The man doesn't deliver.

Gotta agree on that.

Still, I wished Tabata and co. at least actually tried to work with the concept and deliver it instead if Nomura couldn't.

Also, with the Fabula Nova Crystallis elements. Should have kept them.

>Crisis Core might get a pass
I'd give a pass. It's a surprisingly fun game.

desu, Cloud doing what he would do AC is realistic for him as the dude seemed to be battling depression since forever. He's a guy who tends to hide away from others. You can argue that his change of attitude in the original game is contributed that he had to get his shit together to defeat Sephiroth and save the world. But a few years later and no (apparent) Sephiroth and dying of Mako AIDS makes it kinda hard to keep up a positive personality when he never had that during his life. And you can say his brooding over Aerith was more that her death made the biggest impact in his post-mindfuck life and dying himself will make him think of her more.

It's less the characters and more of the badly handled plot. It was too much for a movie to do it well.

>Everything that was associated with Amano was great.
Only Amano did was the character designs from I-VI, some of IX, and he did draw the official titles for the every FF titles except IX.

And people could argue if FF I-V weren't greater than VII-XIII. Only FF VI only one people could admit it was better.

Besides, the only really shitty main title FF was VIII. From annoying characters to a shit battle system (fuck that drawing shit) and the whole 'GF using fucks your memories and we we were all childhood friends' bullshit.

Although I personally hate FF XII the most because it started off great then went to shit 2/3 though and the characters weren't strong enough to support the rest of the game. Ashe and Vann are easily the worst hero/heroine pair.

you're crazy nigger. x had some of the best writing and was the least anime in the series.

otherwise yeah

was awful when it came out and is still awful

the bike chase scene is cool though

>he doesn't know
*giggles*

>*giggles*
Fucking kill yourself faggot.

>No, she was actually bothered by him being like Zack at first but due to her abilities and spending time with him she saw the real him and grew to love him more than she ever loved Zack.
NOPE. Aerith was attracted to him because he reminded her of Zack and mentioned that Cloud is a strong resemblance of him, but nothing more. AC pretty much killed any chance of that as she was happy to be with Zack in the Lifestream.

I hate what Tabata did with Prompto, but I agree with you on everything else.

He had Nojima helping him write it, so that gave me more faith that Versus would've been good. He also made it from scratch, so it's not like he would be mucking around with someone else's characters/story etc.

>I wished Tabata and co. at least actually tried to work with the concept and deliver it instead if Nomura couldn't.

Seeing as Tabata ruined everything he tried to keep from Versus, I'd rather he just fuck off.

I remember liking the original version more than the complete edition, or whatever it's called.

Also, Denzel a shit and a waste of screentime.

Attracted to = bother by for Aerith fags

Nothing in the MSQ that I know of. Could be sidequest stuff, I have a lot of those I still haven't done.

>and was the least anime in the series.

Goes to show that Nomura can come up with decent designs when he actually puts his mind into it.

If I remember well, during X's pre-production they told him the theme was "asian styles" or something. He did quite good on those.

I still mantain that his best work is with the Parasite Eve series.

And I blame The Bouncer and Kingdom Hearts for him becoming into the zipper/belt meme.

Damn, I hate Kingdom Hearts designs.

>everyone is sephiroth
>le emo cloud
>unnecessary long fighting scenes
>forced vincent dick sucking

Graphic and music was nice. Everything else was pretty meh.

Nice troll Aerithfag

She felt close to him because he reminded her of Zack, but she was bothered by this. She didn't have to worry for long though, because she saw him for who he was eventually and fell inlove with him.

>happy to be with Zack

So that means she's still in love with him? He's an old friend at that point, they're not fucking in the lifestream like in your headcanon I'm sorry to burst your bubble.

forgot to quote

Entretaining.

The Final Fantasy VII compilation was a mistake.

>She felt close to him because he reminded her of Zack, but she was bothered by this. She didn't have to worry for long though, because she saw him for who he was eventually and fell inlove with him.
Holy fuck what delusional universe do you fucking come from?

X was better than IX in all honesty.

IX was a great game but it really relied on your nostalgia for playing JRPGs and the older Final Fantasy titles and it was great for it. And it helped a lot that it followed after the shitty FFVIII and the characters were very likable.

But after X, you're right. XII was very disappointing and a good waste of a good plot and the characters were too flat as hell. I still wish they didn't shoehorn Vaan in because the story as Basch as the main looks very awesome but they were afraid that people won't buy a JRPG with an older character.

Vaan was literally a side character who got promoted as a main for no fucking reason. You can argue he is supposed to be the audience character but there was no need for it. Basch pretty much got stunted to background character after his arc. Larsa isn't a permanent party member was a tragedy. Balthier and Fran were the only consistently fun characters and even that got a ranch though it.

their aim was to make it south east asian, the designs and architechture are largely from indonesia but there's some thai influence in places, notably the calligraphy

obviously they had to give yuna a kimono for marketing purposes though

[Citation Needed}

>or the fact that Zack is 6'3" whereas Cloud is a 5' 7" manlet
here we go again

Not an Aerith fag. It was pretty apparent she was attracted to him until she realized why during the date.

Man, the best girl for Cloud won, no need to raze the whole past for it. Chill.

How about her fucking date scene where she straight up says it bothered her?

“First off, it bothered me how you looked exactly alike. Two completely different people, but look exactly the same. The way you walk, gesture… I think I must have seen him again, in you… But you’re different. Things are different…”

>I still mantain that his best work is with the Parasite Eve series.

Not dissing the designs, but the 3rd Birthday was a mistake.

Was it really fucking hard for those greedy fucks to pay royalties to Hideaki Sena so that they could make an actual Parasite Eve 3?

I'm still fucking mad.

Actually there are some Southern Japan influences as well too as Tidus is supposed to have a look from someone from Okinawa.

People might hate on FF8 but the sheer amount of crazy shit you do in that game more than makes up for it and it holds my favorite overall soundtrack of a FF game.

On her date she clearly says that she wants to meet to real Cloud. She never saw who he really was at that point. Also, in the Maiden, after Tifa finishes putting Clouds memories back together, she says she was happy to finally meet the real Cloud. So unless one of the Ultimas retconned that then no, she obviously didn't see though to the real Cloud.

Toriyama was to blame for T3B. He even went and forced his Lighting in there. And Yes Im also furious.

>>everyone is sephiroth
>>le emo cloud
>>unnecessary long fighting scenes
>>forced vincent dick sucking

A lot of VII memes were revitalized and reinforced thanks to Advent Children.

So she was asking him on dates and while she was somehow disturbed by him. God what a whore.

Her saying she wants to meet him was her saying she wants him to stop pretending he's Zack.

>Maiden

Oh, I guess it's canon again now since it's convenient for you.

but again, her saying she's happy to meet him is the equivalent of her seeing he's finally acting like himself. She already knew he wasn't himself because she saw the real him.

>but the sheer amount of crazy shit you do in that game more than makes up for it

HOW? If the Draw System didn't make your want to tear your head off, the characters being annoying and dense as all fuck was annoying.

The only thing I did like was the music though and the visuals, especially the opening sequence.

>gets proven wrong
>WELL SHES A WHORE

Typical Tifakek behaviour.

Absolute best animated thing I had ever seen, even though I wasn't familiar with FF7 or its characters.

One WInged Angel was the best part of the soundtrack, possibly of the whole movie. Dat Bahamut battle. Dem collapsible swords.

Meh.

tiida means sun in some okinawan dialects. and yuna means a type of flower. okinawans look like japanese though (mostly) so the only way he looks like an okinawan is that he has a bad orange tan in the fmvs.

also, yojimbo wears okinawan clothes

but it's mostly indonesian stuff

I endured it because of all the crazy things you do. That alone colors it. I liked the characters that weren't Riona and Squall.

>mfw people complain about the FFVIII compilation
>ignoring that the worst FF sequel was FFX-2 that managed to destroy a great ending that X had.

Fuck off with 'the Dress Sphere system was fun' bullshit. It was but it doesn't make up for the shitty story and even shittier 'perfect' ending. I am usually a completist but that fuck game.

Even Kumi Koda can't save it.

>Oh, I guess it's canon again now since it's convenient for you.
When the fuck did I ever say it wasn't canon? Are you retarded?
>but again, her saying she's happy to meet him is the equivalent of her seeing he's finally acting like himself.
>Her saying x really means she's saying y because I say so.
This is why noone takes you Aerithfags sireously. You idiots like to use headcanon in place of actual canon. She said she was happy to meet the real Cloud, not that she's happy to meet him again. Quite making shit up.

From Meh to Platinum Mad, how angry you will be if they retcon Genesis into the remake of the game if it ever comes out?

>gets proven wrong
I'm not the other guy user but that really makes her look like a slut.

Aerithfag please leave, you're obveously fucking baiting at this point.

Cloud had the ability to smile. The problem is that people only remember Cloud from Advent Children and Kingdom Hearts. He's thought of as this brooding, angsty man but it's very far removed from Cloud in the actual game. In the game he's a dorky weirdo who had huge holes in his memory that were filled in by another man's life.

He's never going to leave. He'll keep getting cucked and never leave

Just because it's CGI doesn't exclude it from being an anime.

FFX-2 was a better game than FFX. Job system mechanics are what the fucking FF franchise is for, it's how it started. It was idolshit before idolshit was really the thing it is now. FFX is fucking teenage soap opera bullshit aimed at the fujoshit KH market. I mean, I'm not saying FFX-2 was a super amazing game or anything, it was just better than FFX, which was total shit.

This so hard. Cloud isn't even Cloud anymore.

I understand what you feel, I used to hate it with a burning passion

but think about it this way: they wrote themselves into a corner

ffx wasn't just complete, it was COMPLETE. the structure of the story resolves everything, not just plot points, but character threads, themes, the setting itself, everything. it also progresses from light to fucking dark over the course, and there was no way they could replicate teh structure

I think I kinda get what they were going for, now. They wanted to emphasize how cheap everything had become. the story really revolves around everything becoming cheap, and how yuna slowly feels like she's losing that part of her that vowed to never forget. she feels rescued by shuyin because he's an embodiment of her old morality, to never forget, at any cost, preserve the love that drove her to save the world, but it twisted him

I really see what they were going for. But I think they probably gave too much control to the marketing/financial team post-merger.

Squall is more entertaining anywhere. Just compare the KH Squall and KH Cloud.

if they take out the ability to be a panty thief in the remake I'm gonna lose my hsit

At first I thought it was entertaining, but with some obvious flaws. 7/10

Then they made the Complete version that fixed pretty much everything that I had a problem with, making it into a 9/10. My opinion on it hasn't changed since.

Squall was, and still is, the best looking FF male protag because he was modeled after this hot motherfucker.

He was his normal self in Crisis Core. The Emo Cloud meme is mainly there because of all the Nomura fuckery in AC and KH.
>hurr, let's make him emo because the "fans" think he is

I'm sorry you don't understand simple things. She wouldn't know to search for the real cloud unless she knew the real cloud. She was trying to hint at him to quit acting like Zack and was happy when he finally did.

>I want to meet you Cloud
>but..I'm right here.
>(I know, I know… what I mean is…) “I want to meet….. you.”

She saw the real him and wanted to spend time with him as the REAL Cloud not Cloud acting like Zack. That's what she was getting at in their date scene.

>He's thought of as this brooding, angsty man but it's very far removed from Cloud in the actual game. In the game he's a dorky weirdo who had huge holes in his memory that were filled in by another man's life.
That's wrong assessment of Cloud too. Cloud was not a happy person before the mindfuck too considering he was probably hard on himself not being in SOLIDER as he hiding himself from everyone when they went into Nibelheim especially making a big production of it in front of Tifa. Sephiroth's Betrayal, The Mako infusion and Zack being killed in front of him pretty much caused a mental break. Plus he also had a shitty childhood outside of Tifa too being isolated from the other kids.

Maybe the only time he has been straight dorky weirdo was when he had his mind pieced back together.

I'd say Punished Noctis has surpassed him, but yeah, Squall is the best looking of the young protags.

Ob-fucking-jection!

Bartz.

He was a puppy in CC. Not much better than emo Cloud.

What bad taste.

>dude got literal cancer
>HURR WHY ISN'T HE SMILING ALL THE TIME

I want this meme to die. He cheered up at the end of the film, when he came to terms with his shit and his character wasn't mysteriously changed by the people who made him in the first place.

Amano sameface, unfortunately.

>generic white dude
>We want the Witcher audience!

Someone should fire Tabata, he makes Nomura's belts and zippers designs look good. and that's saying something.

The whole forced romance with Rinoa and unnecessary teenage angst really fucked his character.

>implying that isn't the most svelte motherfucker of all time and you wouldn't immediately swoon into his arms in his presence

The cancer reasoning was fine. What wasn't fine was the whole muh guilt, muh cherished friends bullshit drama. The whole Power of Friendship shit was so bad if felt like it walked straight out of Kingdom Hearts.

>I'm sorry you don't understand simple things.
I'm sorry you're so delusional

>I want to meet you Cloud
>but..I'm right here.
>(I know, I know… what I mean is…) “I want to meet….. you.”
Yeah, she hadn't meet the real Cloud at that point. Which is why she says she "WANTS" to meet him, which she doesn't do till the Maiden, because that's exactly what she fucking says.

Either you're really this fucking retarded or you're a master baiter. Either way kill yourself.

I'm not saying that he was a fundamentally happy person or that his life wasn't rough. What I'm saying is he was a real headcase who often got up to silly shit without a second thought because he either didn't know any better or didn't care.

I don't know, that just sounds like what a bitter, jaded loner would say.

I have a strange feeling that the rouge Aerithfag and the guy you're arguing with might be the samefag.

>He had Nojima helping him write it, so that gave me more faith that Versus would've been good.
That's extremely optimistic. Pretty sure Versus still would have undelivered or been edgy teen bullshit at the end of the day. Then again, I don't consider Nojima a competent writer so...

>He also made it from scratch, so it's not like he would be mucking around with someone else's characters/story etc.
About the only thing I agree with. I would've like XV much better had it been it's own thing and Versus was thrown in the dumpster where it belongs. Re-purposing the concept is just laziness on Square-Enix's part. Hasn't left them since they began the practice during XIII's development.

user, No one here cares or believes you except for that one easley railed up Tifafag. And seeing that you're the one who started this crap in the first place, I'm going to assume your hard core trolling.

Stop feeding the troll you stupid fag. Just let it go. You're both ruining a quasi decent thread.

I think Squall might have outdone older Noctis had we seen Squall grown up.

Here's your (You). Nomura can do pretty decent looking normal adult people when he isn't going full retard. And his characters have always been white unless explicitly specified (Okinawa-inspired Spira, Wutai).

Literally every young character he makes looks like a woman.

Good fight scenes / bad story.

According to the leaks, the Noctis vs. Stella thing never really existed. You were supposed to spend the first game saving her and that was pretty much the end of her relevance.

I had no reason to think Versus was going to be bad. Everything looked good and the circumstances were different from Nomura's other works.

XV wouldn't have been good anyway with Tabata at the helm going by his track record. He should stick to making forgettable mobile games.

Re-purposing story/character ideas is normal for authors, though. Even in Final Fantasy, some FFV characters ended up in FFVI, some FFVII characters in VIII and so on. The real-world concept from the FFVII development became FFVIII, too.

Not-Geralt Noctis looks like something Bioware would design though.

and he doesn't look anything like younger Noctis.

Now I wonder what anime is made of
maybe, I could be one as well eh?

Nomura has had his own series for 15 fucking years, with unprecedented creative control. It's a total clusterfuck with some of the worst characterization and plotting in gaming history. He's literally the last person who should be trusted with a character/lore heavy game, right after Toriyama.

Those are smaller scale examples. XV is literally taking an existing game concept and changing the name. It's lazy. It might've been one thing if Versus wasn't initially revealed and the change was internal, but things didn't play out that way.

Pointless flashy fanservice that completely betrays the tone set by the game.

The realization of some characters in HD was completely off the mark and failed to capture what made them so great. In particular Tifa, who they ruined almost every aspect of.

Nomura hate-boners aside, Versus looked good.

>Tabata at the helm going by his track record.
You mean two solid PSP games and a shitty HD port? 2 for 3 ain't bad. I'd trust him more than I would Nomura at current present. I just fucking hate he's having to work with the Versus concept. Starting from a blank slate would've been much preferred.

95% of what was revealed (which was very little, despite the fanfiction people made up ) was carried over. It is the same concept expanded, which is once gain normal. FFVII for example lost both its initial characters and setting completely during development.

To add to your point, the people who worked on the early games and moved on to different studios/projects could clearly show the influence of those early games in their later works. Best example would be something like Lost Odyssey. The character archetypes in that game were incredibly similar to FFIV and the entire story had a SNES-era FF feel to it.

She at least had the balls to tell Cloud what a emo faggot he was being for running away from them.

Thats a lot of character development for her considering she was so self conscious and timid in the game.

>two solid psp games
>solid

lol

I agree he should've just made his own shitty game though, instead of trying to ride the hype of an already advertised and then internally canceled game.

He already has a new IP in planning, so no worries in this regard. His dev team also came up with Agni's Philosophy, so they're clearly bouncing some really interesting ideas there.

That too. Xenogears/Xenosaga is another well-known example of re-purposed story and setting.

>FFVII for example lost both its initial characters and setting completely during development
Bad example. In this case they clearly went back to drawing board and started over. The transition from Versus XIII to XV was a rebranding to save face. It's lazy. Normal or not.

>95% of what was revealed (which was very little, despite the fanfiction people made up)
So true, but "hypebeasts" will never accept this truth.

Did they ever make a new xenogears or reuse it's characters? That was a really great game that not many know about.

Xenosaga was shit.

>Xenosaga was shit.
The first one was pretty good. The other two though..

You're forgetting that big games aren't made by one person. A good chunk of XV devs are the Versus devs, so for them, it's not re-branded anything. It IS their game. It's the same game they were making, except rescued from the endless development hell.

A few base concepts were carried over from Versus, the details that we knew about were changed entirely.

I'd say Xenosaga's lore and characterization was far more mature and sophisticated than Xenogears' overall. Where it failed was the "game" part. The first title had really poor dungeon design and pacing, the second felt like a low budget spin-off and the third one was clearly wrapped up in a hurry and had significantly worse script and direction.

It will be a great day when he can move on from having to clean up Nomura's giant bout of diarrhea and get back to creating his own worlds. Really hope the lesson is learned here and XVI won't go through this nonsense, but Square-Enix never learns their lesson so who am I kidding? Fuck. I wanted Itou to make another game at least. IX was so damn good. The niggers in power though keep sidelining the guy.

That's why Tabata talked about the new team members feeling awkward for stepping on the toes of the people who were there since Versus?

He completely overhauled everything and only kept a few base concepts. Even if it still has Versus devs, they're not working on the same game and they know it.

Such as? And before you start, let me debunk a few alleged "changes":

Romeo & Juliet plot - It never existed. Nomura explicitly denied any significant romance in Versus even back in 2006.
Muh Prompto refugee story - Pure fanfiction. Was parroted without any source; recently one SE dev confirmed that the current Prompto story has been around since Versus.

If you think the way Tabata is handling XV is anything praiseworthy and not completely fucking laughable, I don't even know what to say.

Square overall has been incompetent for awhile. Tabata isn't some saving grace that's the gem of their company. Pls stop with your fanboying.

If you read more of his interviews, the problem wasn't Versus per se, but the overall dev structure. SE dev teams had a certain way of doing things and shaking it up (even when it was necessary because it was clear they couldn't keep up with HD development), wasn't welcome at first. They had the usual Jap corporate structure: the bosses are unquestionable, the lower-ranked people have to be silent, and who cares if things actually work or not.

Yuffie is love. She was and always will be my favourite FF7 girl. She's too cute and fantastic. Sexy, too.

Faris best FF though.

Crisis Core fight was amazing

He and Yoshida are the first SE Japan people in years who can actually put out AAA games. The new management loves them for a reason.

If those AAA games are shit, it really doesn't matter.

The design of the faces was disturbing. Sephiroth looked ill with all these dark shadows around the eyes and corpse-like skin tone. But then it was the case for all the other characters too. Plus the smirks, everywhere. For the Love of God, it's not Disney!
It was painful to watch and I remember I fought to watch till the end.

No, it really was Versus. He specifically talked about not wanting to tiptoe around someone else's vision and not wanting that atmosphere with the team, so he overhauled everything.

>hurr everything is shit
You are welcome to play all those mobages that the rest of the Japanese gaming industry is making now.

at the time I found it disappointing

Now I blame it for making Cloud the emo edgelord that we see in modern games as he wasn't like that on FF
It also didn't do Sephirot character any justice

good to see that other anons saw that

>everything

No, just XV.

I never mentioned either of those things, so you can keep your "debunking" to yourself.

OK. In that case, I sure hope you'll enjoy KH3: We're All Xehanort Now.

Was meant for .

I don't even play KH, but okay I hope you enjoy eating shit from Squeenix instead of just letting them fucking die already.

What ever happened to that versus game? I remember seeing the trailer for it or maybe two different ones but with very similar things happening.

Like one was a guy with floating swords and another was some other kind of strange magic and the same things happen but with a different characters there instead.

Not that user but I feel like I have to play KH3 because I've already played all the other fucking games and I now I have to see it though.

Thanks for ousting yourself lol

Thread reminded me I need to watch King Slav.

How? They are split between so many platforms.

Internally canceled but I guess Square or Tabata wanted to ride the hype rather than face the wrath of angry fans so they took some base concepts from it to make XV and pretended it was the same until recently.

They killed it, ground up the corpse, and threw it in the garbage to make FFXV.

My friends had some of the other ones.

Remember to watch for the easter eggs

>Audi
>beats by Dre
>Japan Airlines
>GoT actors
>weed lmao BB main character

Seriously though, it was really boring and the action was a mess. The mocaps looked really good when they weren't actually moving though.

No surprise there. SE just loves making cutscenes. I wouldn't be surprise if they start developing cutscenes before even coming up with a story.

I never realized he had a harem until I replayed the game recently.

FFV is underrated as fuck. In addition to the job system giving you license to customize your party and characters however you want, there also lies a very simple but intriguing tale about a heroic man who not only gets the girl, he gets three princesses, one of which was a ruthless pirate for most of her life, and a magic loli. Quite the haul, and it's all bundled within the confines of that perfect type of cllassic RPG system that allows you to grind away but rewards smart choices. Fucking ace.

>FFVII thread on Cred Forums
Unexpected

Except he doesn't end up with anyone and is just a wanderer again at the end.

Do you really think he would walk away from those three cuties he adventured with just like that? I mean at the end you see him riding with them for another adventure.

Who Firion here?

When I learned the director, when he was hired, found himself whith 2/3ths worth of the movie already rendered but NO SCRIPT yet done, yet managed to turn it into something resembling a shadow of cherency, I can't help but feel a profound professional admiration for him.

Isn't that what Versus 13 was anyway?

Very upset. More Zack and Angeal is always welcome. But Genesis needs to stay out of everything. That stupid clip at the end of DoC with Gakt was entirely unnecessary. Nomura's Gakt phase hit like a tank.

>Gakt realizes he's not as fab as Seph
>throws a hissyfit
>ends up ruining everyone's lives
I wish we could have seen more of Zack, Cloud and their experimentation. The focus on Genesis could have worked better if he wasn't just gone at the start of the game and the player had a reason to care about his existence.

>Plus the smirks, everywhere.
I honestly never took notice until this post. You're right. Everyone smirks. Even Marlene. I think Moogle Girl is the only one and I could be wrong.

>there are people right now who still don't know about 1.5+2.5+2.8
It's rather easy to follow once PS2 emulators worked properly. I had access to all the platforms when they where new via friends, but you can literally emulate the entire series sans DDD and honestly, a cutscene movie will suffice for all but Days because a lot of the dialog and important scenes got cut out from the "movie."

I'm going to burst your bubble early and it's main strong point are visuals and internalizing how big and beautiful the world will be. Seeing a cast of super western characters with super Japanese writing is jarring and it doesn't have the charm of the cute dialog of the game.

>everyone says Cloud was Emo as shit in AC
>it was mostly due to Jenova AIDS and he got over it at the end

I still believe AC and Crisis Core is an excuse to say "I think Nomura is a hack"

>it's main strong point are visuals and internalizing how big and beautiful the world will be. Seeing a cast of super western characters with super Japanese writing is jarring and it doesn't have the charm of the cute dialog of the game.
You basically just described a lot of modern Square Enix games and/or writing. I've come to expect this from modern SE so its honestly nothing new to me.

"it will all make sense once the movie is over!!" -naive 16 year old me

I thought the same thing when the Complete Edition came out

it never made sense

Remember how the Compilation of FFVII was a thing?

It was a thing guys!

Zack is literally the Big Boss of FF7

Tifa/Aerith was the original Hinata/Sakura

and who are you going to compare to pinkshit?

>I still believe AC and Crisis Core is an excuse to say "I think Nomura is a hack"
Is that wrong?

Also, even if he got over it, every portrayal of Cloud since AC has him with the emo look and design

This is Cloud after AC

I wonder if you've ever seen Japanese game characters. All the male characters are pretty boys because that's what Asians find attractive.

Well i liked the trinity, Seph, Angeal and Genesis, so i don't mind the fanservice.

Suck a dick faggots.

>ignoring that the worst FF sequel was FFX-2

Look, yes, Kumi Koda and the battle system was quite good, and yes, X-2 was trash, but the VII compilation was still shit. And since this is mainly an Advent Children thread, it's unavoidable to mention the compilation.

It all went downhill once the company merging happened.

>The problem is that people only remember Cloud from Advent Children and Kingdom Hearts. He's thought of as this brooding, angsty man but it's very far removed from Cloud in the actual game.

Hence Cloud and Sephiroth are nothing but memes now. And the remake will probably reinforce that.

>I think I kinda get what they were going for, now. They wanted to emphasize how cheap everything had become. the story really revolves around everything becoming cheap, and how yuna slowly feels like she's losing that part of her that vowed to never forget. she feels rescued by shuyin because he's an embodiment of her old morality, to never forget, at any cost, preserve the love that drove her to save the world, but it twisted him

This is a nice way to put.

Also, yeah, everything was becoming cheap. We had all that feeling general asian elements going on in the setting and then it all devolved to just K-Pop and J-Pop (no offense to the ones thay like the songs, I actually loved Koda and the soundtrack)

>I really see what they were going for. But I think they probably gave too much control to the marketing/financial team post-merger.

This.

DESU, I actually like the Dissidia design but I do agree that it has him looking a bit Emo but that's less on Nomura and more on what people wanted at that time and what Japan/weebs in 2008 wanted in these characters

I hate how they fuse the AC design with the original

>tfw a fucking Nintendo game did Cloud better than any other game
This hurts me the most

Sephiroth was so evil have gave the Lifestream cancer AIDs plague. This affected irl and cancer AIDs spread. Lifestream spat out 3 pretty boys that where like parts of Sephiroth and with their powers combined they formed Seph again. Also Aerith was kinda everyone's mom/Jesus and healed everyone with rain. The end.

>He was a puppy in CC. Not much better than emo Cloud

I don't follow that logic.

Him being a puppy in CC makes somewhat of a sense since he's Zack's kohai. Though, I understand how can it be annoying, I don't see how it can be viewed as "worse" than Emo Cloud.

>Punished Noctis

Did I miss something? What happened to Noctis? He kinda looks cool now.

>According to the leaks, the Noctis vs. Stella thing never really existed.

The leaks actually say otherwise. Stella and Noctis' relationship was going to be somewhat strange and a confrontation of ideas between them, not a physical "Vs".

But yeah, with Nomura, you never exactly know of this things. But his character Aqua from KH is actually pretty likeable.

>You were supposed to spend the first game saving her and that was pretty much the end of her relevance.

If this is true, then I don't get the people complaining about Stella vs Luna. Since that description fits almost perfectly the latter.

Not that user, but I give you that, even though I hate AC.

>Plus the smirks, everywhere

There you go. You just pointed out something I noticed, yet I ignored it for being distracted for complaining about the story, and now it will be something I will not unsee if I even get around to rewatch it.

>GoT actors

Huh? Which ones?

>I still believe AC and Crisis Core is an excuse to say "I think Nomura is a hack"

But that's true? Also:

>Ignoring Kingdom Hearts

>This is Cloud at the end of VII

Fixed it for you.

>Fixed
Shut the fuck up retard.

Dislike AC because it cuts out important details.

Love ACC because it has everything there.

To me, Cloud being an emo makes sense, as in FF7 he was still semi-fucked up from his memories being all jumbled back into place and learning he is not Zack, so after the big battle that would have given him time to come to terms with Aeris's death and his part in it from Seph's mind control.

Plus the whole deal of Seph giving everyone AIDS like some dirty african homo probably didn't help much. I can understand with his depression from Aeris's death, and the getting Geostigma, why he wanted to keep away from Tifa and the kids.

Mostly, I just hope the re-make isn't going to retcon and remove my sexy feminine Cloud that we get to go all out on with dressing up. I mean, most of my friends never even got him make-up and lingerie from the Honeybee Inn, the faggots.

Also the swordfighting was great, hilarious that Seph was all 'Lolno fuck you' to Clouds original Omnislash. Loved each time Cloud used a limit break, like when he uses Bladebeam against the trio, or Climhazzard on Bahumat Sin.

Sexy lingerie > bikini briefs 2bh

>surprisingly fun game
Because it had one of the most pleasant main characters ever.

Truth. Silk Dress a best as well.

Also also, I see a lot of fags arguing about who Cloud liked, but they seem to forget that FF7 was an RPG that gave you the choice. Hell you could date Barret if you were so inclined.

In the end I always went with Tifa myself. Childhood friend turned lover seemed nice to me as in my mind, Aeris was always for Zack. I wouldn't have thought she'd get over his disappearance and obvious death easily just because Cloud reminded her of him so much.

Man, I think Crisis Core was one of the few times I legitimately shed a few tears and got a lump in my throat from a character death. Hell, typing this just now has that feeling. Zack was just such a great character.

"Do you think... I became a hero?"

Yes. Yes you fucking did, Zack. ;~;7

Plenty of obvious problems have already been pointed out by other anons but there's one thing I want to add:

AC's plot is just so fucking empty compared to the original game.

In the original game we had the tale of a boy from a small village who is fooled by the brilliant lights of the big city, creates unreasonable expectations for himself and ends up with his dreams shattered.
We had the tale of a man who ruined his hometown and family by putting all his faith in technology, disregarding the values and morals of his people.
The Shinra corporation, and perhaps the game a whole, could be considered a metaphor for how the permanent growth mindset of humans is similar to the philosophy of bacteria, who double in their petri dish and keep doing it mindlessly until they fill the entire dish and then they all die.

And so on and so forth. Those are just the more obvious examples I could think of. Despite being a fantasy story in a fantasy world, FFVII had some real and very relatable human themes.

By comparison AC has nothing. It's just two hours of almost non-stop CGI fanservice battles. Even the super-cancer thing, the only element of the plot that could have been interesting, is just there to turn Cloud into an emo faggot and a cheap excuse to bring Sephiroth back.

FFVII is like a well-cooked meal while AC is shitty fast food that you eat when you have no other alternative.

My, user. Dropped it after KH2 but BBS rekindled my interest for the franchise when I truly wish it hadn't.

I had this feeling that, aside from tweeking it to fit XV universe; whatever Tabata kept from Versus was put into kingsglaive.
That said, movie has its flaw but still make a good prologue for the game.

>people complaining about Stella vs Luna.
It's especially ridiculous when you take into consideration the current team scrapped Stella because they realized they needed their heroine to have a much bigger role and stronger spine to fit in the epic tone XV story ended taking.

Kingsglaive is alright.
I liked it.

Nyx Ulric is mai waifu

>Then
Cool action sequence, man.
>Now
Cool action sequence, man.

Well, that's it.

While the plot was forgettable, the whole battle system would be nearly 10/10 without the op as fuck special dressphere.

>- CG was better in Spirits Within
This is objectively wrong and you are a faggot
but on point with most of your other arguments

Can anyone spoil me Kingsglaive, please?

Also, if it's a prologue, why couldn't they make that part of the game too? Or at least release it as a prequel game?

I miss the days when you bought a gane and you bought the whole damn thing and getting the overall whole picture without resorting to peripherial media.

Just download the movie honestly. It's pretty good.

Hated the fact that they sped up the moves in the fight scenes unlike the trailers where they were normal and somewhat more "realistic".

Kinda dull, and didn't really capture much of what I liked about FF7

I really loved Zack. Despite knowing what happens, I still felt hard at the end. Also Zack/Aerith a cute. It's too rare when I want to cheer on a couple instead of vomit (Teedus/Yuna, Snow/Serah).

>Snow/Serah

Call me weird, but I really wanted XIII's endgame to be Lightning x Snow.

Serah was a mistake.

>Also, if it's a prologue, why couldn't they make that part of the game too?
To me it's like Last Order or Before Crisis, whichever one was focused on the Turks and original Avalanche.

It's like a mobile game made half a decade later?

I agree in full. However, Serah did have a chance to redeem herself but apparently Noel and Serah had to be just friends and Lightning had to be into teen boys.

Story wise. Canon and relevant, but doesn't really change your views that much.

Serah was awful. I suffered through all three games and she stayed awful the whole time. She was better off staying as a statue.

But those were games.

No, wait, Last Order was an OVA.

Still, Kingsglaive seems to be plot heavy an relevant to the main game, while Last Order and Before Crisis were just to show other people's that were not the main character's PoV.

>and Lightning had to be into teen boys.

I hate that fanbase for that meme.

But yeah, Noel and Serah had a lot more chemistry.

Hope was cute.

I ride aboard the Lightning/Hope train.

I heard the Jap version took it to another level. I liked her best as a stern onee-san.

Advent Children is alright. Advent Children Complete is fantastic.

Cloud had plenty of reasons to be depressed in Advent Children. Kingdom Hearts Cloud and Kingdom Hearts in general is just a shitty fanfic.

They could've come up with something less cringeworthy.

It was originally going to be part of the game, but I understand why they choose to scrap it.

The third game seems to support the idea, what with the whole god manipulating Lightning via shota Hope thing.

>I heard the Jap version took it to another level.

I have yet to play Lightning Returns, but as far I know, it was all stuff from the fanbase. Maybe with the whole time travel shit, and him grown up I can see why fans ship them, but well...

Also, the last thing I knew was her becoming a super model or something while not dealing with the Dissidia folks.

>I liked her best as a stern onee-san.

Same.

What'd you guys think of Kingsglaive?

I liked it on a technical standpoint, but I felt that Nyx was a pretty flat character and his story felt way too inconsequential.

They could've easily retained the original opening of FFXV with Noctis in Insomnia when it's attacked, seeing his father killed right in front of him, and getting separated from Luna and transitioning to open world gameplay right after.

It could've made a MUCH better intro for FFXV.

Kingsglaive was OK, but unnecessary and nobody really asked for it.

There's no point in making KG at all if Noctis is not in it, not to mention that the story is full of holes with that General Glauca
Ike WTF, dude.

I see no glaring plotholes.
Maybe some unclear things that could get defined in the game.

man this version of sephiroth would've looked great with short hair.

>Kingsglaive was OK, but unnecessary and nobody really asked for it.
That's how I feel. Round butt cheeks are nice and all, but other than looking pretty I didn't feel anything for anyone. Luna wasn't even a character. Not reacting to everything, and looking super srs isn't strength. It's boring. I'd expect at least more than a yelp when getting thrashed by a tentacle monster.

I was only really interested in armor guy and Nyx's best friend. I honestly can't even remember their names. Everyone else was "meh." I thought the whole crystal power sharing was cool and all, but everything else really fell flat.

Why do japanese people keep animating white people speaking japanese?

>Sephiroth
>short hair
BLASPHEMY.

The same reason everyone speaks English in France, Germany, Africa, and even on other planets.

>Not watching enough anime to know that everyone is Japanese unless stated otherwise.

he misses Aerith, a lot.

At least in KH he gets to bang her.

except by the end if vii he's learned to move on. everything after vii has turned him into a mega faggot.

the worst part is, i know that the vii remake is gonna have a SAVE AERIES DLC or some bullshit, which will totally miss the mark thematically of the original.

I like Tifa better. Aeris never really connected to me.

huh? meant for:

Stop sperging.

>At least in KH he gets to bang her.
It's not nice to lie to people.

He felt guilt toward Aerith not love nor that he want to bang her. Btw, he got to bang Tifa.

It's a prologue of the game in the sense that the last scene of the movie is the game introduction scene. It's only here to relate Luna's side of the event which start the game story, where I suspect she won't be much focused on (aside as a plot device) as she isn't Noctis or his bro. Also>Lightning x Snow.
Muh brethen of exquisite taste.

>If you slow down some of the fights

Aren't you guys just admitting your eyes are slow?

Solid graphisme, great music. My only real complain would be the english voice acting. Their was a huge level gap between VAs.

Found Nyx enjoyable when I really expected nothing or clichés from him, so that's good.

>They could've easily retained the original opening of FFXV with Noctis in Insomnia when it's attacked, seeing his father killed right in front of him, and getting separated from Luna and transitioning to open world gameplay right after.
They probably wanted to introduce the gameplay while maintaining a light hearted bro-feeling in the very beginning. Given all the trailers we got; the game won't be short in dramas and epicness.

>missing a hooker

could claude be anymore of a cuck?

>Their was a huge level gap between VAs.
Seriously this. The women where absolutely terrible. The guys ranged from ok to actually good. I'm happy to see the actual game has a cast that really enjoys their work. But some from the movie cast remind me of straight out of high school Acting I students.

This time it actually wasn't.
youtube.com/watch?v=pS1banAsz9E
youtube.com/watch?v=sXtGxHF83eI

It was cut from the English version.

Motherfucking Zack was able to smile while this was playing in the background :
youtube.com/watch?v=MOJ91H4mraU

He's really the best thing that ever happened to Final Fantasy as a whole.

>It was cut from the English version.
why

Complete was better alone for giving us Tifa kicking the ass of some of those shadow faggot beasts.
And the reference scene where Sephiroth stabs Cloud and lifts his ass up like in the game.

How does this make you feel?