>Sino-Shitposting

>people like thing
unbelievable

Is it a Miyazaki movie?
Is it about the war?
Don't watch it

>Grave of the fireflies
>Miyazaki

it's not? I could swear it was since it's so overrated and bad.

>unable to defend a laughable scene, so cry shitposting
Ok

this movie had Roger Ebert gushing all over it, so you know it's gotta be good

youtube.com/watch?v=_9WEyuMq0Yk

>Not liking Grave of the Fireflies

It's sweet, tragic, and the messages/social critique behind it are deeply cutting but not exxagerated to the point of ludicrousy.

The ending even gives an 'Inspector Calls' feel, what with the whole guilt trip to kind bring home the point that this, even from a homeland social standpoint, shouldn't be repeated.

>He can't even shitpost properly

not an argument

>disregards films based on directors that didn't even direct them
What's there to argue with?

>disregard
Please expand your vocabulary before you even attempt discussing films. Also, while you're at it, don't fucking put words into my mouth.

>Is it a Miyazaki movie?
>Is it about the war?
>Don't watch it
How the fuck is this not disregarding something? Why are you getting worked up over your own shitposting?

When will you write a single fallacy-free sentence?

What's wrong with this scene?
Is it something that triggers the U.S.?

>fallacy

>this is the type of idiot that likes grave of the fireflies

The irony is palpable.

another "WAR IS BAD MMMMMK????" trash movie

>complaining about tropes in anime

What the fuck?

Use your brain.

Both the characters are dead, so why is this being shown to the audience? Why is Seita looking into the camera?

Who you be quoting?

What do you want to say user ? That we shouldn't be shown dead kids in a war just because it triggers you ? Yes beating Japan was necessary and a good thing but there are always bad things happening in a war, in both sides. If you don't want to see this you're dumb

>good
>bad
Can you just stop, this isn't even funny anymore but can you please just stop.

>creates a thread
>refuses discussion about the topic

Ok

Way to miss the point you stupid idiot.

The scene in the webm, and the montage of Setsuko playing around at the end, served no purpose other than to provoke a forced sense of guilt within the audience. The fact that you couldn't grasp that when Seita broke the fourth wall emphatically confirms your stupidity.

Can you stop quoting someone that isn't me? You're essentially just talking to yourself, just don't respond to me unless you're actually responding to me

Fuck you woolie

>hurr durr we didn't do nothing wrong
>murricans are devils!
>fuck gooks and chinks
Sad people actually take this bullshit.

user you might be schizophrenic

>to provoke a forced sense of guilt within the audience

That's your interpretation which is, I guess, and american point of view. I didn't feel guilt because I don't have anything to do with the cause of their suffering, but I felt pain, sadness and a feeling of waste towards the consquences of war, and that's legitimate. It's not ebcause the war against Hitler was necessary that I can't feel anything towards the germands who suffered the consequences of the acts of their country

not an argument

So this is a "japs have no right to address the loss of a war they took part of because they were evil" thread ?

Read >

>unless you're actually responding to me

What is your question ?

read >

Are you autistic ?

Read >

Ok I'm going to try

>Both the characters are dead, so why is this being shown to the audience? Why is Seita looking into the camera?

You say it's to create a feeling of guilt, and I said not necessarily. If you want to discuss the matter a bit further, stop being retarded and present actual arguments

>hurr durr we didn't do nothing wrong
Where?
>murricans are devils!
Where?
>fuck gooks and chinks
If you disagree you are probably one of these.

What's funny about burgerclaps is how they go on about how Japan needs to apologize, while themselves defending nukes. Usually this is accompanied with a false dilemma where conditional surrender is ignored as an option and some convenient Nihonjinron bullshit. In reality it was just part of their pissing contest with the USSR, but of course burgerclaps would never admit to a mistake.

>obongo visit
Treated as something big, when all he did was claim "FIRST" like some idiot on an imageboard.

Read >

Movies containing biases doesn't actually make them bad, believe it or not. People understand this for pretty much every other visual medium except anime.

You're right, that means this movie HAS to be good. Because you're totally replying to what's being said

This thread is fucking shit. Everyone who posts in it without saging or actually trying to hold a conversation should be ashamed of himself

>That's your interpretation
It's not an interpretation you idiot, he literally looks into the camera. Takahata even explained in interviews that his aim was to bring a sense of guilt to the younger generation.

Movies that break the 4th wall to force a sense of guilt upon the audience have no right to be called art. Grave of the Fireflies is shameless, manipulative garbage.

but I cried therefore it's a good movie right? This is made by Miyazaki, the quote guy! Everyone loves his movies so I have to as-well!

Really feeling that white guilt, huh buddy?

>Despite being considered an adult, I am going to run away like a kid and refuse to face consequences for killing my sister
>Actually, it's war that's bad
>btw I didn't actually die, this was my autobiographical pieces with a sadder ending for more tears
What a piece of shit

To be fair to the author, his book detailed how he felt responsible for his sister's death.

Takahata was the one responsible for turning his story into a manipulative pile of trash.

Go back to your shitty board Trumpfag

>not intelligent enough to counterargue anything in this thread, so he cries trumpfag
I guess this is to be expected of a retard.

/thread

it's not