This happened four years ago and anime still isn't over

>this happened four years ago and anime still isn't over

RIP pan-chan

>No new season best comfy anime with best MC
>only thing left that's half decent is kyoanus ruining more source material

I wish I could remember the sound I made when I first saw the punchline "Time Paradog"

I'm sure it was a noise worth recording

Every time you masturbate, god creates a fairy.

Perfection

I loved the color palette and the backgrounds.

should I read the source material senpai? I really liked the anime, but if it turned to complete shite I don't want to sour my memories of it

It's not translated.
People that have read it are pretty positive about the ending, however.

I wish there was a medium-length hair phase.

Novel translation never, as far as I know

In the four years since this show, humanity has truly declined

I waifu'd her back when it aired, before we knew about the source material. I think I'm still recovering from the shock. She's still perfection though.

And it's only gonna go downhill from here.
I wonder how bad it will get in another 4 years.

Whats the source? And is it good?

awww, completely untranslated or just a realllly slow fan translation? I don't know moon runes

Untranslated.
Apparently the author's writing style is batshit insane and really difficult to translate.

This show was so great.

Might as well be completely untranslated. I think there was maybe a chapter or two done years ago. Something about it being too wordy combined with nobody willing to work past that hurdle. The ending is mindfuck though, I still don't know how to feel about it.

Indeed it was quite shocking.

Spoil us fampai

rip the dream, maybe I can find a cute jap BF to read it to me

How does it end?

Seems likely, I remember a lot of the Cross Channel translation not making any sense at all

There's a manga called Nonbirishita Houkoku that's completely TL'd, but it's pretty short. Good read though. Another manga called Yousei, Shimasu ka? has a few chapters translated but the effort on that one's been dead for years.
Everyone except Assistant-kun is a fairy, and all the human characters were fairies who took on human form to make the last remaining human have a nice time. This is why Assistant-kun never talks, since humans and fairies can't understand each other.

>How does it end?

From what I last read of a person that was into moon runes, turns out the assistant is the only real human bean left in the planet. The faeries and even the other human looking people are created to help and aid the only human bean left alive.

and also they're aliens, not creations of humanity in a desperate attempt to save themselves. It still wasn't known why or when humanity went extinct. Since the faeries can time travel, you'd think they could save humanity.....

>also they're aliens, not creations of humanity in a desperate attempt to save themselves.
Is that true? I never knew that but it sounds likely given the tone of the series. My knowledge of the LN is purely second-hand as well.

What the heck. So Is watashi a queen fairy or something.

Yeah, but it was told in an off hand manner like "they aren't beings of this planet".

LN never answers questions and leaves everything vague, there is no concrete ending to it all, just half answers that raise more questions. Loved the anime, pretty sad how it all turned out. Moon people just have no commitment to finishing a series, in anime or book form it seems.

This is top 3 episodes of all time material
Need to rewatch Jinrui soon

>pretty sad how it all turned out
Nothing can take the anime away from us, at least. Even if the LN did get translated I'm not sure I'd even want to read it at this point, I just can't reconcile that plot twist with how much I loved all the characters in the show, especially if it leaves as many open questions as you say.
I have immense respect for the fact that this show took 2 entire episodes of confusing time travel exposition to make what amounts to a groan-inducing dad joke. It makes me grin just thinking about it.

>everyone is a fairy
>aliens

That's a pretty fucking shit twist

Everytime I think about the show, Curly and the however long episode arc leading up to the punchline, "Paradogs" is all I can remember. Time sure does flies.

Did the LN get republicated or something?
I'm seeing editions from 2012 with different cover illustrations

Not a, THE. At least from what I've heard.

Watashi is just another henchmen of the fairies. Why do you think she graduated after Y? She's Z. The school also closed shortly after her graduation

Yandere schoolgirl arc was great

that's Shyamalan-tier lmao

did the author just want an excuse to stop writing?

I don't know. I'm not familiar with anything else the author (Romeo Tanaka) has worked on, but I think he's generally well liked.

How many times did you guys watch Jinrui?
I watched 4 times, and I'm still starving for more.
Jinrui is the most casually intellectual anime of all

Just twice here. I'm long overdue for a rewatch, it's one of my all time favorites. I really appreciate how satirical it gets at times.

Space probes shouldn't be this arousing.

he's widely praised to the point of memery almost, though in my english-only opinion most of it is deserved.

the fact that I can almost instantly recognize his writing style even through fantranslations is worth something at least.

everyone sucks Cross+Channel's dick and for good reason, despite the stilted, awkward, and stripped-down translation it's still an excellent read.

Three times.

doesn't the LN have a really weird convoluted ending?

Read the thread, friend.

I must admit I got an unexpected boner when she pretended her doll to be Watashi, breaks it, then proceed to lick it

What is this?

maybe not for you

This is a thread discussing the anime series Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita.

I forgot what the paradogs joke was

It was just a bad pun, a play on "time paradox".

I know that but what was the setup line to the joke

It's been awhile since I've seen the show but it had to do with a watch given to Watashi by grandpa, who explained that it was given to him by a beautiful woman when he was a kid. Watashi then ends up giving him the watch in the past, creating a causal loop with no actual origin point, which is a paradox. In the rules of their universe, that paradox apparently manifests as a dog as a means to resolve itself. Or something like that. That whole arc was confusing.

Two episodes of faeries using a time paradox or time travel in general to have Watashi make them sweets I believe.

Of course the faeries messing with stuff cause some weird things to happen and this user explains the rest here.

Holy shit I watched the episode a few days ago, OP.
Can someone explain to me what's the point of this anime? Mankind is supposed to have fallen and lacking resources but life is bright and pink and people don't get shanked for wasting a bit of food. There are fairies but their usefulness is debatable so why the fuck are humans bothering with them? Why is it so pink and cute and sudden, a robot pan made of bread (how the the fuck does that work) just tears itself apart and literally drowns the screen in bl... tomato juice? How the fuck am I supposed to enjoy this shit, it's an insult to my common sense.

>it's an insult to my common sense.
Fucking normies.

You should try watching the whole show user. And probably pay attention this time, most of your questions are explained in the show.

>it's an insult to my common sense
Oh, I see, you're twelve but you're trying to sound older.
Next time pay attention in grammar class.

DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU

It's a Zizekian critique of late capitalism. You'll understand in due time.

> it's an insult to my common sense.

The absurdism makes it entertaining.

You're saying I want to fuck and impregnate a fairy?

Yes, but theres nothing wrong with that

Oh thank goodness. Time to make more fairies.

Oh shit!
Now you tell me I have an army of little monster to slaughter?!

Who finds out that they are fairies? Do they find out themselves or is it via a narrator?

I'm a bit late to the party. Watched this show last year. What shock?

Disregard this. I just read a bit further down. Holy shit.

The protagonist is the narrator. That's why people refer to her as "watashi" (because she narrates in first person, without giving her name).

The grandfather finds out from watching human history recorded in the fairies' collective consciousness. The protagonist had watched much of the same history, learning how fairies met humans and how the relationship started to develop, but she didn't watch to the end. So she learned from her grandfather.

Is that a small penis?

>their usefulness is debatable
No bully.

>the flag of seychelles
What does it mean?

How do they have babies when they can't talk?

I want to be him and fuck her every night.

Hugely overrated thanks to the cancerous Cred Forums-celeb twitter community who haven't read anything well written in Japanese before. It's not worth learning Japanese for at the very least.

Did Assistant-kun win the Watashibowl? Nice.

That's Watashi with her parents

Josh does end up with her though. And he can talk.

I got a two minute long deja vu watching the conclusion to that arc. I was meant to watch Jinrui with Cred Forums

you don't always need verbal consent.

In fact, consent is an entirely meaningless concept if you're trying to have babies.

No one going to bring up the new special volume?

Watashi's legs are the inheritors of the earth.

Wait, it's continuing?

What do the japs use to call her?

Special volume on UMAs. Apparently Romeo felt like writing some fairies again. Maybe seeing the twintail's author new work featuring UMAs got him inspired seeing as how they're under the same publisher.

Sweets-chan

Usuaully Watashi-chan in hiragana

俺の嫁

t'was shit, dropped in episode 2.

So were you. Your mom did it on purpose when she realized what awful taste you had.

She'd make a great friend to be honest.
Why are you all so intent of fucking her?

Same reason why there is so much autistic waifuposting, bottle up sexual frustration.