Because fanboys cry for more and miss the entire point

>She returns
>Blah blah blah, she actually loves him blah blah
>SoL + some shitty action CGI like all anime now
>??? ending
It's going to be shit, SHIT

It can't

Also this

But the MC of the sequel is a girl. And if Naota feel for Haruko again, wouldn't that really negate a lot of the underlying context the original series held?

Considering The Pillows are down for it, probably yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=3tReuyYrZOY

Wait, The Pillows are confirmed? I'm in 100% then, even if the series is shit

Maybe if his older bro. comes back from America and he turns out to be some sort of antagonist or a source of conflict

or

It's years after the events of season 1 and Haruko comes back saying something like 'I'm bored! Let's go an epic space adventure!!1!'

I seriously doubt they'll be able to make a sequel that seamlessly blends with the original.

fuck off and die

same universe different characters.

Yep The Pillows are confirmed to come back

Most of the shows fan base watched it around middle school/early high school,so a coming of age story like flcl really clicked with them. The next season will probably be another coming of age story with periods lmao but I can see them throwing something in there to connect with their old audience. Also pillows is a plus

A sequel existing at all negates it.

Same story except the girl is lesbian. Make no mistake this will be terrible

Well that's a relief.
I was ready to write it off like the Matrix sequels and just pretend this never happened.
If the Pillows are in, I'll at least give this a fair shot.
I still don't think it will be good, but I'll enter with cautious optimism.
a.pomf.cat/bhahxo.webm

why does digibro get so much hate here when this fucking mongoloid exists?

It could have worked if it took place off of Earth with none of the original characters.

What they're doing based on the plot blurb is a terrible idea.

This. Naota also features as a sort of grown, developed cool master and is badass overall while teaching and guiding the new MC.

>How can a season 2 for FLCL even work?

Well, for starters they are already going for a new different MC, which is a decent and reasonable step since Naota's story is already told. Secondly, they got The Pillows back, which was a must. Third, they seem to have gathered a lot of the original staff, though so, it could work, who knows.

I'm still a bit sceptical, though. I mean, FLCL was indeed was one of those things that didn't need a sequel. Still, this sequel can add something, or at least provide some fun.

Implying that Naota ends up acting like Amarao, that is. You really believe they are going to go with that route and not like user said in