Was a kid the last time I watched eva like 15 years go. Misato was the hot care taker back then but now...

Was a kid the last time I watched eva like 15 years go. Misato was the hot care taker back then but now... I just felt anger with her a number of times in my re-watching of eva

>Shinji, you musn't run away and you should obey your dad

uhhh no bitch, how about you stop telling the poor kid to stay around his abusive dad?

>Shinji man up and pilot the eva!

how about YOU get to experience being stabbed in the face/blown up by a laser a few times before you start acting like this?

This re-watch has just shown me how much Misato was a shit care taker (but I suppose that was the point of the show)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J5HdwnJoq6w&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>how about YOU get to experience being stabbed in the face/blown up by a laser a few times before you start acting like this?
What?

She was the sole survivor of the katsuragi expedition.

She got one scar, which is nothing compared the pain Shinji goes through in every battle

All Shinji had to do was get in the goddamn EVA. She helped, stop complaining.

she was basically insane years after impact

But she gave shinji a home and a family. That's all he really wanted.

>uhhh no bitch
>rewatching the mess that is known as eva
Seems like you're the one in need of a care taker, OP.

As I've grown up I've only felt more sympathetic towards Misato. She understands Shinji enough that she can't leave him alone and tries her hardest to give him the care he needs, but falls short because the end she's just as fucked up as he is.

>you should obey your dad
Literally never. She encourages Shinji to face Gendo in terms of taking a step forward and making things change for himself, not one word about accepting the man. Most of what she says to Shinji about fathers is commiserating about her own issues to connect with him herself, she doesn't like Gendo at all and most likely views him as the same sort of coward hiding behind work she describes Dr. Katsuragi as.

The characters never made any sense

>>Shinji, you musn't run away and you should obey your dad
>>Shinji man up and pilot the eva!

2deep4u if this is what you took from it, not even memeing

but he didnt want those things.he wanted his daddies cummies

Asuka best girl

>we order them in bulk

and shinji is the picture of mental health

This comic is so dumb.

/thread

Childhood is when you idolize Asuka/Rei. Adulthood is when you realize that Misato makes more sense.

Yeah, what a bitch. I mean she had to make sure to save the world while dealing with emotionally unstable teenagers and lately realize that she was working for the bad guys all along, but still somehow find a way to do her job which was SAVE THE FUCKING WORLD.
But yeah, fuck her. She didn't supported Shinji over the rest of humanity. What a dumb and uncaring bitch.

But... Misato is the one wanted to live with Shinji, without her Shinji would have been living alone in a departament, and also Misato asked Asuka if she wanted to live with them, and it was Shinji who approached Rei by himself.

Then maybe she should have done a better job of it?

There's no "better job" that could've been done. Putting teenagers in fucking robots is inherently going to mess them up, that's kind of the basic point of NGE. MIsato did exceptionally well as a caretaker and commander, not really sure what more people could possibly expect.

>Rei and Shinji overcome their problems and become ubermensch
>Asuka and Misato's last actions before they die are just an expression of their lack of growth as people and how they fall into destructive and unhealthy behaviour without any self-awareness

This.

>Tfw you were the same age as Shinji when first watching NGE
>Tfw you're now older than Misato

Gendo did nothing wrong

Fucking stupid.

Misato was nice, but it does seem that her speeches differed, but always ended with concluding that his problems will be fixed by piloting eva.

>Rei's a cutie pie, and she's all hurt, you can't let her pilot you gotsta

>Shinji, piloting eva means that you are standing up to your father, so do it.

That's part of her character. Whatever feelings she has for shinji she's also obsessed with defeating the angels because she's running away from her memories of her father and tells herself defeating the angels is the only way to make progress.

So it's true, some people are really too stupid for Eva.

No, she very objectively could have done a better job. One of the points of her character is that for all her good will she doesn't understand the kids any better than the kids do each other, and because of that she allows both Shinji and Asuka to fall into downward spirals without lifting a finger to help them.

Of course spergies find any character deeper than a fcking barbie doll "stupid"

Wtf is the point of this comic?

WHAAAAAT????

Despite everything else, remember that Misato was a military commander and Shinji was one of her extremely limited resources in the war. One she couldn't possibly risk sending away or sacrificing. Without Shinji around and piloting, the war is lost. The war was very nearly lost anyway during Zeruel's assault. The loss of the angel war means the death of all humanity.
>how about YOU get to experience being stabbed in the face/blown up by a laser a few times before you start acting like this?
Bitch, she would love to be the one to pilot Eva and personally take the fight to the angels, but only the children can.

Good thing she kept dat Shinji around to stop the angels from killing all of humanity so Shinji could do it himself.

I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say. Without Misato around to be someone he cares for, Shinji would just run away and humanity gets destroyed by Zeruel.

Anyone who isn't a total degenerate would ride a motorized testicle into battle against satan if it meant 0.1 chance of saving all life on the world...

What are you even trying to say?

>she encouraged him to get a spine and become a man instead of a faggot
>Boohoo she's mean!

Yeah, she should have just let him browse /r9k/ all day and cook him tendies.

>sentences, how can I decode them?

This

Rei and Shinji were so successful as characters that it traumatized a generation of otaku who were more used to the action-go-girl and the big onee-san type. This explains the strong hatred for Shinji and Rei in the fanbase.

Shinji should've just fucked her.

Asuka should have just pounced on Shinji and held him down long enough for Rei to tie up his hands so Misato could teach them how to please a man.

she's not supposed to be perfect if you havent figured it out already. And fuck you he was pretty whiny

Feels good being a reifag

I just watched this series. What. The. fuck. I thought this anime was about giant robots fighting aliens and shinji slowly comming to terms with bein humanitys savior, abd learning how to stop feeling sorry for himself. I was so wrong, can someone please explain what the hell happened after 2.22 ending scenes?

It wasn't like there were 50 great choices to pilot the Eva.

I think the conclusion you describe was more of a realization that if Shinji didn't pilot the Eva then Angels would destroy humanity. Do that first and then worry about the rest.

That's how it was in the original series, and EoE.

Then Rei got extremely popular, Anno got super-angry and then attacked Rei, 3.33 is just the last insult in a long series over the years.

But why did rei go through with the plan? Why did she die when shinji choose humanity over his own happiness? Why could shinji see rei if she was dead?

Because Rei isn't dead, she's beyond death.

The Reifag samefag game going strong this afternoon, I see.

IDK how I feel about Misato. She's hot but shes a fucken pedoophile, she wanted to get into Shinji's pants since day 1.

I really hope 4.44 gives some clarity on what the hell she plans on doing after this. She cant exactly go back to piloting evas after becomining angel god incarnate

Rebuild isn't canon. Just forget it exists.

But i thought rebuild happens directly after EoE. Thats why there is red water everywhere at the beginning of rebuild, its all just a big loop.

What is this new music video thing that people are talking about?

youtube.com/watch?v=J5HdwnJoq6w&feature=youtu.be

Rebuild is a non-canon addition. Evangelion ended in the 90's. It's not supposed to make sense.

Something of zero importance. Anything 3.33-related is worthless.

That was something basically everyone suspected one minute into 1.11, until it was contradicted by every other detail of the setting.

Yes, that was her whole point.

Not ending series with Misato being impregnated by Shinji was mistake.

So was rebuild meant to be a looped sequel or was it just a retelling that happened to missplace a lot of details

>Yeah, she should have just let him browse /r9k/ all day and cook him tendies.
This mental image is perfect. I need more.

Rei is a shit character and looks like a toilet

It is intended to be ambiguous so that people like us will argue over it and not know what to believe, because Anno is a fucking monster.

Why the fuck is Rei so ugly?

She looks like a toilet seat

>We spill into a best girl argument once again

I fucking hate this site

truly this is the curse of eva

This is only good past 3:05 but i downloaded it anyway. Thanks

to be fair, misato shuts herself off mostly when shit gets real bad
it's understandable but at the same time she's an adult and shinji is just a kid she promised to take care of

>Misato was getting shafted by her ex
Absolute shit tier

>she should have just let him browse /r9k/ all day and cook him tendies.

SUMMON THE DRAWFAGS

>to be fair, misato shuts herself off mostly when shit gets real bad
Misato is a functioning alcoholic and she drinks her way to an early grave only when off duty. When shit "gets real bad" she puts on her big girl hat and actually begins commanding competently and without hesitation. Only when the crisis is passed does she go back to getting drunk and being generally desperate and pathetic.

i just mean near the end of the series

I mean if we're talking after Armisael then everything has gone completely out of her hands and it's not like she could assuage anyone. The entire point of Eva at that section of the story is you can only be helped if you allow yourself to be helped, which hedgehogs suck at.

didn't she shoot her boyfriend and lock herself in her room for three days straight

Best characters coming through.

yeah this is what i meant
I'm literally a misatofag but she's hardly perfect

Rei being the most popular character in the series is a fact of life, user.

How defensive of you.

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

When she quit drinking completely, took over Kaji's job investigating the conspiracy, and kept up her own duties as tactical command until she was telling Shinji the plot and everything she learned since she was 14 and in pretty much the same situation while dying from the bullet she took for him?

Literally every character poll which results have been published.
Amount of fanart in the boorus (Rei has the most out of all the characters).
Perhaps less convincing, but from using Akinator, Rei is also the most guessed Eva character in the english and japanese versions on the site. Interestingly enough, in the japanese one Rei is more guessed than Asuka by a wide margin, while in the english one the difference is of only about 3000 guesses or so.

underrated post

It's the same kind of cucks who like Rei.

All this means is that a lot of people have shit taste.

I like how you think. I also think you have shit taste.

>Reifags unironically using Akinator as a source
Someone better screencap this for futue generations.

He's not the one posting Rei, though.

We've been doing this for over 12 years.

It's time to stop.

I figured polls and amount of fanart wouldn't be enough evidence for Asukafags, which is about as much as you need to prove the point.

>he's only been at it since Cred Forums is a thing
Fucking casual.

>smug cutie
delete this, she's only smug, and not cute at all.

>being proud of being a former Evamonkey/Evageeks member
I mean, if you're a faggot, alright. You do like Rei after all.

she wasn't emotionally there for the kid

>Evageeks
user please. The internet goes beyond that.

You're talking to the renowned Asukafag autist. There's no use talking reason with the guy.

>never discussed eva irl
that's just sad

>The internet goes beyond that.

Do share your rich life sempai

>being a normalfag

>implying you, a Reifag autist, would want to fraternize on Usenet or some desolate IRC channel

Asukafag autist pls stop samefagging and go.

Cry more, fuckstain. I'm not even samefagging.

Nice counterargument you letter combination inflicted dunce.

What do Rei's pills taste like

gendo's cum

>Reifaggot's tantrum killed the thread

>implying the thread was alive to begin with

Misato is the best.

Sasuga.

The facts Rei-haters can't deal with.

>you were Shinji's age when you first watched Eva and now you're Misato's age
>rebuild started over half as long ago and still isn't finish

It hurts

>ywn smell misato's farts

If you're a toilet-loving reicuck

Rei is not bad.

WTF IS THAT PICTURE CANON?

Oh good. Nightmare fuel.

Did he only watch the first two episodes or something?

yeah

Rei is pretty good.

I wish people would draw xmas cake versions of Rei and Asuka more often

>implying any of them would be cakes, or they live long enough to become one

Maybe we do

I want Misato to dom me

I want Asuka to dom me

I want Rei to dom me

I want Mari to dom me

What about Ritsuko?

alternate non-apocolyptic timelines

I could easily see Rei becoming the quiet, yet stern and driven salarywoman too dedicated to her work to care about much else. Asuka I honestly have no clue about.

This comic is 100% accurate.

Shinji is nothing more than a homo.

Her too yes

She got the scars yes also mental trauma.

Oh and the injuries renderd her sterile.

>Mari

>calling reifags autistic after this

>16 hours later and they still don't have a comeback

Looks like when the odds are tough Asuka and Misato fags just run away.

Truly poetry, Evangelion even reflects it's viewers while reflecting the reflections of it's viewers 2 decades in the future. Sasuga Anno.

I want Misato to dom me, then propose to me

I want Asuka to shut the hell up

I want Rei to speak the fuck up

I want Mari to go back to not existing and take Rebuild with her

So you just switched Asuka and Rei.

Except Satan never tried to do anything besides give humanity and the other fallen angels the free will to make decisions like that.

It's more likely you'd be fighting Christ2.0, that is if you believe all the tripe that totally opposes everything Jesus taught while on earth.

>posting proof of Reifag autism

Are you saying that reifags created over a thousand of accounts on MAL just to favorite Asuka?

I'm saying only a Reifag would go to such lengths to discover, let alone care about fucking MAL of all places. You don't see me giving a fuck about how many times Rei is mentioned on gaia, i don't see why you care about some nonsense character poll on a Redditt-esque site.

Then again, you are a Reifag, so perhaps it's only natural to book-keep on cancer havens like MAL. I don't know. Maybe it satiates your autistic impulses to point out such discrepancies.

>'m saying only a Reifag would go to such lengths to discover, let alone care about fucking MAL of all place

The guy that found out haven't watched Eva tho

That being said, it's still less work than creating thousands of accounts just to promote you're waifu.

Some people are smarter enough to know not to feed trolls.

>image.gif

That's what they claim.

>Cred Forums shows their lack of understanding in regards to Utilitarianism

Don't make me report you user.

i hope this thread stays

Fuck off Kent

checked

>is a functioning alcoholic and she drinks her way to an early grave only when off duty. When shit "gets real bad" she puts on her big girl hat and actually begins commanding competently and without hesitation. Only when the crisis is passed does she go back to getting drunk and being generally desperate and pathetic.

Jesus Christ it's like a chinky mirror of my life

In retrospect, because her living arrangements with Shinji were probably made by Gendo himself, I believe very strongly that she received specific instruction from him to act as a propaganda agent for Nerv. ie: That she was tasked by Gendo to convince Shinji to keep piloting the robot. Seriously, why the fuck else would you pick someone who is as important to Nerv as she is unskilled at parenting as Misato for this job, unless you were trying to get your son to think, "Damn, this bitch is hot. I should listen to her!"

>because her living arrangements with Shinji were probably made by Gendo himself
user, Misato volunteered to take Shinji in because he was arranged to live by himself.

Literally the only person still alive from one of, if not the, biggest and most tragic events in human history

But yeah, the kid in the robot has it worse

Second Impact itself was not that bad. It's the year that followed that was worse than hell on earth.

It would at the very least be traumatic, being the only survivor of anything can be

She's extremely traumatized
No amount of trying to externalize survivors guilt on killing the Angels will ever make her feel less guilty or alone
In the context of Eva, she'll keep running until either her drinking or her depression kills her
No amount of sex, vengeance or sense of duty will stop that
The only honorable way to go was on the battlefield, as she did, more or less

Plainly. Even getting over the event itself, she spent the rest of her life struggling to reconcile her deadbeat dad with the melting man that carried her to the one escape pod.