Oda can't achieve anything as impactful as Ace and Whitebeard dying for years now

>Oda can't achieve anything as impactful as Ace and Whitebeard dying for years now
>few small things like Fisher Tiger dying, Otohime dying with her sons trying to cheer up their sister meanwhile or Rosinante but nothing on par

You guys know he will kill off Sanji after this arc, right? He will get some comic relief stuff and some more cool moments and than that's it.

Keep in mind, whenever Oda killed off some big character, there always was some clone ready for at least some kind of replacement. Whitebeard => Kaido (basically Whitebeard 2), Blackbeard (his power), Whitebeard's "son" (comic relief related to Whitebeard and his appearance), Ace => Sabo (i.e. Ace 2), post Alabasta Mr. 2 => Bartolomeo etc.

With Sanji we just got a whole kingdom and probably literal clones. One of his brothers even shares his trait with women. Not to mention Sanji's "dream" is by far the most expendable one and they can easily get a new cook.

Sanji will get killed. Definitely. Saying this for years now, though. This new arc around him literally out of nowhere just reconfirms me. And you will all cry like little faggots the moment you see Zoro, of all characters, getting the exaggerated crying face for the first time since he lost against Mihawk when clicking "next page".

Hell, you can even see it in this panel alone, the way Oda drew his eyes.

Sorry for possible spoiler.

>>Oda can't achieve anything as impactful as Ace and Whitebeard dying for years now
Not a death scene but was pretty impressed around here.

>killing off an essential member of the crew
They can't and won't survive in the New World without a cook.

>didnĀ“t cared about the death of ace
>man tears when whitebeard died

I want a Manga/Anime, about the time when garp was 19 like ruffy. And the stories about whitebeard, roger, rayleigh and sengoku.

Best girl will take his place.

I don't think Sanji will die, I believe he will get justice for that poor sweet servant by kicking his brother's ass and Luffy will kick Judge's ass. I believe Dragon pushed them out of the north blue, which would be a reason for Judge to hate Luffy. Luffy will fight him because Sanji is too weak to take on Judge. I do think that Usopp will be the first and maybe only straw hat to die. that is his dream after all. I believe Big Mom will let them escape and or cut a deal with them to leave. She must have some plan or Cracker would have been ordered to kill him. Shanks being on the cover also means he may show up.

I do agree that his dream is pretty useless to a certain point, because on Fishman Island he was so quick to say "this is my all blue".

BUT! if you are right, ill cry like a little faggot.

Same. Didn't match either of those deaths by far, but was a stand-still for a good second.

No, fuck this scene. Oda spent a dozen of chapters convincing us that Minks don't like the samurai, only to reveal it was a misunderstanding. There was zero buildup to this.

Thats pretty much the point of shock

>implying ace and whitebeard had anywhere near the emotional impact of rosinante

"Oh, they were actually friends" is a dumb way to shock the reader.

Nah, Sanji will leave the group after his family is defeated and given to the marines to become the new head of the Germa 66 and work as one of Luffy's divisions.

>convincing us that Minks don't like the samurai
Nope, just showing that they didn;t know anything about the samurai and got fucked over by jack. The only people who thought the minks don`t like the samurai are the strawhats, and the reader, who both make assumptions and get suckered in.

Rosinante and Otohime's stories were way better than Ace's.
And the saddest deaths are still Hiriluk and Brook's crew.

>dreams
>expendable

>>No, fuck this scene. Oda spent a dozen of chapters convincing us that Minks don't like the samurai
Oda also spent a lot of chapters convincing us that Minks didn't like humans

Anyone also feel like Doflamingo's character fell flat. His dead brother had a better backstory. Doflamingo was just an asshole because he was a celestial dragon. Considering how far back in the manga Doflamingo showed up I expected him to be a more compelling, complex character.

This doesn't need it's own thread.

ITT people who don't understand what makes the scene so great

The real shock doesn't come from the reveal itself (even though it was a pretty good twist), but because it shows the culmination of all the pain and suffering that the whole Mink tribe went through, especially Inu and Neko, just to protect one man.

Actually Law's whole backstory, Rosinante included was weak as hell. Oda tried too hard to make it powerful. I thought Vergo had a better backstory even if I didn't really feel sad for him. But then again, I'm that guy who thinks the chapter where Kyros cut off Doffy's head should have been a reveal that Doffy had Law operate on him and was keeping his segmented body together with his strings, giving him the advantages of Buggy.

It's ok, user.

Part of growing up is realizing that One Piece isn't well written and is just a mishmash of caricatures at this point.

Mr.2 isn't even dead