Rules, Regulations and Moderation For Cred Forums - the true one

Hiro has asked us to create a thread on each board for discussing the problems that are facing us and how to deal with them. He also wants us to create our own set of rules so that the mods will be regulated to follow them.

Remember mods, Hiro talked to you guys and you said it was fine to have one thread up about this.

Previous thread We know, that we can't decide these things with polls since most voters don't take it seriously. Let's decide it by repeating digits. Post your favourite rule and if it gets repeating digits it is valid rule until other rule beats it with more digits.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11249889
strawpoll.me/11249891
strawpoll.me/11250208/
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe32vRUAcgA4SSywCinEhWVLu2izTk84Po6FNp-p88SM9YNeg/viewform
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf5YEAXjpYrOTcxfHMtXBi_9kCZVqGqGSmfQ3Ugmy4wzJhjAw/viewform
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Keep your shit in one thread, attention whore

KANA CAPTCHA
A
N
A

C
A
P
T
C
H
A

Drink bleach and lie down on the highway you cocksucker shitstain.

Move the /jp/ KanColle thread to /vg/.
Then move the Cred Forums KanColle thread to /jp/.

Didn't mean to quote.

kana captcha

Seconding this

Thirding. Kana captcha will stops all newfaggotry.

This

Yes.

It will also kill Cred Forums, so yeah.

Would be pretty neat, but it does rely on people having an IME installed.

Don't you dare!

It won't. It will make Cred Forums much slower but also much better.

Kana captcha is a bad idea, I say this as someone who can read nip.

It'd kill too much of the userbase, and while yes a lot of the userbase is stupid a lot of the userbase also keeps this an active board with a lot of posts, even for more obscure series. If I wanted a slow board, I'd go to /jp/ (and I do)

On that note anyone who wants a manga board is still an idiot.

Ban dubs posters

FUCK

Kana captcha is the only way to stop all the normalfags. I think it's at least worth a try for three months (one season).

Idiot.

well there will be no kana unless someone brings quadruples.

I just wanna post traps

I'd still feel bad for the many users who aren't normalfags who don't know how to kana.

I mean yeah, it's not fucking hard to learn or to even reference quickly but I'd still feel bad.

ban singles posters

suddenly a bunch of people learn to read Japanese but they can't understand what they're reading.

I'm all for this.

fag

I want to FUCK astolfo

Keit-ai and that fanfiction link should be auto-ban wordfilters

it's just annoying

I want a hiragana/katakana captcha which can be learned within hours. I doubt anyone pushing for kana captcha are fluent with kanji

Ok

me too

Ban /ai/ generals and pripara with them.

Would be great

strawpoll.me/11249889 (embed)

strawpoll.me/11249891 (embed)

That's it boys, the trips had spoken.

Sounds good in my opinion

Rules are for faggots.
If you dislike something shit on it the old fashioned way.
Only YOU can make Cred Forums what you want it to be.

it's actually a neat idea, too bad it has become a meme

this 2bh

Honestly, ban the big 3 and anything related to DBZ

Straight up, that would fix so, so many problems.

Why are LNs and manhua/webtoons/whatever in the same category?

I don't like most gookshit or chinkshit but to be fair there aren't any other boards for the few good ones. LNs are Cred Forums

Ban hamster posters on sight.

DRAWTHREADS PLEASE GO AND STAY GO

why the FUCK are those still here?

Propagate hamster posters

Fuck off already.

Good idea

>replying to your own post this often
Are you even alive?

What if every 1 in 10 captchas was kana?

fag

Mobile posters need to die.
If you aren't at home, you shouldn't go on Cred Forums and post.

I'm okay with most things staying the same, beyond more quality control towards low effort repetitive threads (ex: this is your ___ tonight, cowtits versus dfc) and threads that are solely to discuss topics better suited for the nfsw boards.

There's no good location for manwha and manhua, however and that's frustrating.

Then people who can't into kana would just refresh.

This this this

>kana captcha
>nips suddenly turn into giant shitposters

You can't even tell when people post from their phones. Why do you care?

>There's no good location for manwha and manhua, however and that's frustrating.
Manwha and manhua belong in the trash.

>MODS Delet this!
>MODS Delet things I don't like
>MOOOOODS

>There's no good location for manwha and manhua, however and that's frustrating.
How about the trash can?

I don't really have a problem with the rules. I think you guys just love complaining about minor things.

Cred Forums it is.

This is why for the most part I am fine with Cred Forums staying like it is; wanting shit OFF the board, assuming it's not completely unrelated (the Cred Forums problem), is usually fucking dumb.

The only things I don't want aren't actually Cred Forums related.

If someone posts an image from mobile the filename will be image.jpg and the posts quality will probably be below average.
Is you post on Cred Forums using a phone you are a normalfag, go away.

It will benefit them greatly. Learning kana takes two days and with it you will be able to read many words, anime industry likes using kana a lot. I think it would improve not only quality of the board but also experience of all the anons who would be able to enjoy some nip raws/announcements/leaks/etc. to bigger extent than before.

>not using clover

>this level of delusion

Only for iPhone users. Androidfags still get a pass for whatever reason.

>Learning kana takes two days
Not everybody is rainman-tier autistic

>Not being on Clover at this very moment.

The problem with asking for more mod control over the board without any control over the mods is basically giving those faggots a way to remove the things they don't like under the guise of quality control.

Ideally, Hiro should check the ban log at random to see if the bans were legitimate, and give warns/bans to mods with eventual revocation of the title if they continue to do things that overstep their authority. The moderation team should be more fluid, with some of them leaving due to abuse of their position, and with new people joining as janitors, jannies being promoted to local mods and then global mods (or remove global mods altogether).

Let's not kid ourselves, there's maybe 1 mod at best who cares about Cred Forums, the rest are newfags and crossboarders who don't know and don't care about Cred Forums.

>Is you post on Cred Forums using a phone you are a normalfag
are you a retardfag?

Kana captha is a really horrible idea, will serve to hinder entire board and has really little practical usage as you realistically cannot read anything written actually in Japanese. Not to mention I don't think "newfags" are such a frequent problem they need this sort of a solution.

Still I for some reason like the idea. It's objectively really, really horrible but the type of autistic "solution" I could see happening.

Rather than creating complex and exploitable rules to ban generals, just ban all daytime stuff, most of the generals are of daytime shows like Precure, /ai/ and all the wsj crap.

Who the fuck is a clover and why should I care?

Do you also not know what is google?

>Buy Cred Forums pass
>No more Kana
SO INGENIOUS HOLYSHIT

You guys are fucking retards.

Then why does the mobile version exist?

You sure like samefagging about your kana.
Go have it on /jp/ if it matters so much to you.

Also letting a few (which are probably 80% newfags) change the rules for them is fucking stupid, what the fuck Hiro?

The mobile page is fucking horrible. Just use the fucking android client.

>Kana captha is a really horrible idea
it's pointless, but it's not difficult
kana are easy to remember

This to be honest.

Exactly, I'd rather have generals than to give more power to some fucking Tumblrcore mod.

It's all fun and games until some triggered crossboarder kills threads you like.

mobile page>>>any shitty app like clover

i mean that is a really good business idea if it works out like that

this, it barely takes 2 minutes to learn hiragana

breaking news
kana posters are jew mods in disguise

>we
What the fuck, I have literally never seen that before.

>all those butthurt mobilefags

Jesus, Cred Forums really is populated by underaged normalfag cancer.
Smartphones are evil and you people are stupid for using them.

It's a nu-kana

implying i have a smartphone

The most important thing is enforcing proper usage of tripcodes.
Removing tripcodes is bad because there are few useful tripfriends who do trip for a good reason, but tripfags are cancerous and need to be ridden of.

.t luddite

Or just google an online japanese keyboard.

>Smartphones are evil and you people are stupid for using them.
Hello gramps.

It's pretty much obsolete now. The "Wewangelion" in Rebuild uses the katakana ヱ, for examplel.

It's lookin' kinda ayyy

*example.

even the old man have things to learn

How do you even define general? If we decide to ban all generals we create now tangible boogeyman and a source of subjective flamewars. Many threads on Cred Forums could be classifiable as generals, and by a wide definition there's nothing that doesn't say for example Re:Zero cancer generals aren't in fact generals, but banning them would mean discussing airing series would be a bannable offence.

What I'm saying is that in order to rule out "generals" we need objective standards on what constitutes as a general, and I don't think that is even relatively achievable at least without purging most of the board in progress.
You could also learn non-related funnily shaped symbols in order to bypass captha, but problem is still how utterly pointless the idea still is. I'd probably enjoy the shitstorm but the fact something is "easy to learn" is a really shit argument if we are discussing something that in its core is already pointless.

Remove obvious circlejerk displayed on the OP

>shi
>tsu
every fucking time. How am I suppossed to get it right?

Oh boy, you're a baby boomer faggot who circlejerks about how "muh smartphones detaching us from each other"

Why hasn't your pancreatic cancer killed you yet you old piece of shit?

shi faces to the right
tsu is facing left

Same thing for so and n

Test bump.

Cred Forums needs to appeal to it's target demographic more. A pink color scheme and less rude curse words would be a good start.

>Smartphones are evil
Great argument.

I'm all for technological advancement.
But smartphones make people lazy, stupid and dependent on the machine. They break easily, require to be recharged every day and people use them as status symbols which is fucking retarded.
A computer is superior in every single way except you can't take it outside.
If you go outside you shouldn't be on Cred Forums but instead focus on whatever you should be doing.

I know this is a clicheé example but when you go out eating with a bunch of people and everyone has their phone next to the plate while eating and isn't able to hold a conversation without looking at the phone and being distracted, then that's not a good thing.

People need to grow the fuck up.
You don't need a fucking phone for everything.
Having a phone and being in contact with the internet every second of the day is the first step to the dystopian cyberpunk future that looks cool but nobody needs.

Why is this thread in autosage?

shi is sleeping, tsu is standing

The only people who complain about the KanaCaptcha must be normalfags and the niggers that make source threads.

>But smartphones make people lazy, stupid and dependent on the machine
The same was said about print.

It is? Thank fucking god.

>But smartphones make people lazy, stupid and dependent on the machine.
You can say that about anything, from desktop computers to washing machines.
>They break easily, require to be recharged every day and people use them as status symbols which is fucking retarded.
I've never broken a smartphone (or a phone for that matter), charging depends on usage and anything is a status symbol. You seem to be using the lack of a smartphone as a status symbol.
>A computer is superior in every single way except you can't take it outside.
Sounds like big except.
>If you go outside you shouldn't be on Cred Forums but instead focus on whatever you should be doing.
Yes, I should focus on the fact that I'm sitting in my car, waiting to pick up my mom.

>can be defeated in literally a few steps, without knowing a word of Japanese
>this is somehow a good idea not just retarded

>They break easily
If you're a retard
>people use them as status symbols
Not all people, stop generalizing. I have smartphone from 6 years ago and I still use it pretty often.
>If you go outside you shouldn't be on Cred Forums but instead focus on whatever you should be doing.
You sound just plain ignorant

I know it's unrealistic, but I REALLY want people to have to type "age".

Vote in the poll then.

Cred Forums X can automatically put "sage" on every post you make. You can just make it do "age" instead.

I love you Satan

>I know this is a clicheé example but when you go out eating with a bunch of people and everyone has their phone next to the plate while eating and isn't able to hold a conversation without looking at the phone and being distracted, then that's not a good thing.
The same thing could be said about people spending their whole day sitting next to PC. Just stop

>They break easily
I've dropped my phone on the tarmac repeatedly and not even scratched the screen, you have to be a phenomenal mouth breather to brick a phone.

>require to be recharged every day
Holy shit, portable electronics require energy! Who would have thought? Mine holds a charge for two days with frequent use.

>and people use them as status symbols which is fucking retarded
Are you in fucking highschool? Nobody fucking does that past the age of 18.

>but when you go out eating with a bunch of people and everyone has their phone next to the plate while eating and isn't able to hold a conversation without looking at the phone and being distracted, then that's not a good thing.
Maybe they don't want to hold a conversation with you? I have no problem holding conversations with lots of people I like, even dislike, but I can see someone ignoring a completely boring or unpleasant person and instead hold a conversation with someone online instead.

>People need to grow the fuck up.
You're not even grown up, you're like younger than 20 and fancy yourself more mature than your peers, I know your type.

>You don't need a fucking phone for everything.
I don't need a computer or videogames either, I don't need anime or manga.

>Having a phone and being in contact with the internet every second of the day is the first step to the dystopian cyberpunk future that looks cool but nobody needs.
People like you look to drive society apart.

Don't know which fucking thread is the current one, so posting this here.

strawpoll.me/11250208/

this

>implying hiro will read these threads

>Stop mobile users
That's stupid, in these days and age smartphones are literally small computers, why the fuck would you want that is beyond me.
Even I who has literally no social life use an old Galaxy s4 to read threads outside or when I'm in the toilet or to watch youtube.

>Put Kana for catchpa
That's also stupid, especially people would simply need to google shit or just buy a Cred Forums pass and nothing will stop them.

>Let's ban general threads
The only threads right now which ""qualify"" as General are the daily japanese threads (which should just go to /jp/ already) and the general drawfag thread.
What the fuck is even a general? where do you start from it?
Also, any rule like this will simply be misused and stop any relevant discussion about an anime airing right now since people will start to complain that they are generals after 2 threads.
Things like the Madoka discussion or more recently the Samumenco ones would simply become impossible.

>Remove Tripfags
Even if you removed trips, they would simply become namefags and nothing will change.

Hiro, my man, listen to this user.

Are you really arguing about phoneposting? It's just an another way of communicating, I don't give a shit whether you shitpost from your computer or shitpost by sending complicated set of smoke signals.

Phone posting is just another boogeyman for posters you don't like. Outside couple indicators most phoneposters don't even fulfill you cannot realistically tell them apart.
>Hiro allowed one thread to discuss board improvement
>There are two threads
I don't understand how you can fuck up something this simple.

Maybe the one that isn't on autosage like this one, retard

>no captcha on the poll
Seems legit.

This

They were right.
Societies that didn't have writing had people capable of memorizing entire epics and schools of knowledge.

I'm just here to say that everything on Cred Forums seems to be fine at the moment,
this thread just attracts complainers, go to the threads where people are actually discussing anime and manga, and you'll find most don't have nearly as much grievances this thread is leaving you to believe.

Sorry, I don't understand

>suddenly a bunch of people learn to read Japanese
Not really, a basic plugin or a pass completely bypasses the entire thing.

>What the fuck is even a general?
The definition of a general is more or less this: a general is a recurring thread that is artificially kept alive, despite the exhausted topic. The thread is bumped with posts that are barely related to the topic and/or are off-topic. This describes the majority of generals.

To demonstrate how it works in practice in contrast to common threads:
A common thread dies off as no one has anything to add to the discussion. Interest in the topic kept the thread going for 150 posts. It died, but it was enjoyable while it lasted. Ephemerality in action. Absolutely beautiful.

Then we have the general. It is bumped, even though little to nothing of substance is being discussed. It doesn't die, since it is artificially kept alive, so other threads' topics get less time to have a chance at getting explored. Another thread is made to take the general's place when it unavoidably has to die, due to have hit the bump limit.
The interest here lies not in the topic itself, but the opportunity to discuss it. The thread is kept up so its good-for-nothing resident posters can comfortably post with equally shit-minded users, just so they can keep having each other's company. In the off-chance that a new subject-matter pops up, it is nothing short of fortunate that a thread is up so it can be discussed!
The average user whose interest is not big enough to tolerate the subpar quality of the thread will avoid said thread.

Isolated from the rest of the board and deprived of the blessings of anonymity, the thread diminishes in content and post quality, and the general becomes nothing more than a glorified chatroom. A truly sorry state. Absolutely hideous.

yeah but despite what people say they dont actually bother anyone outside their thread, and it is on topic.

Requires login:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe32vRUAcgA4SSywCinEhWVLu2izTk84Po6FNp-p88SM9YNeg/viewform

Requires no login:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf5YEAXjpYrOTcxfHMtXBi_9kCZVqGqGSmfQ3Ugmy4wzJhjAw/viewform

It's 46 super simple signs in two versions. You just assign a syllable to each of them. Write each a dozen of times, do a test online and that's it. Getting into private trackers requires way more effort.

>Kana captha is a really horrible idea, will serve to hinder entire board
In what way? Making it slower? Cred Forums got bad because it was flooded with newcomers who didn't lurk, didn't understand board culture, refused to lurk, refused to respect board culture, didn't understand rules, misused rules and so on. There's absolutely nothing to lose by getting rid of them and only things to gain. The reason why self-moderation stopped working was because not enough people enforced it. The reason why not enough people enforced it was because they became minority (and didn't have enough mod help).

>has really little practical usage
Confirmed for not knowing kana. You don't have to know the language perfectly to understand some of it. Some random example? つづく. Tsuzuku. To be continued. Suddenly everyone knows S2 or movie is happening. These little things matter quite a lot.

>Not to mention I don't think "newfags" are such a frequent problem they need this sort of a solution.
What the fuck. Cred Forums is shit precisely because of them and because they are counted in thousands. The only threads I enjoy anymore are ones for semi-niche shows, everything remotely popular is fulled to the brim with shitposting which didn't exist few years ago. Why was Eva 3 general so bad? Because tumblr landwhales found their place there. They wouldn't do that if kana captcha existed. Why were BokuMachi threads so awful? Because it was "cuck" anime so every shitter from whole internet came here. Why are sales threads so bad? Because people decided only shitposting happens there and everyone who reads them thinks its okay to shitpost and they later do it in other threads as well. Same with many other situations. You might say most of those people leave but some stay and it adds up.

If you cull the generals you will just get gore all over the entire board.
The necromancer residents will then proceed to resurrect their generals back into their previous lifeless form.
nice pasta

>The only threads I enjoy anymore are ones for semi-niche shows
Maybe you've outgrown Cred Forums

>a recurring thread that is artificially kept alive, despite the exhausted topic
This is the problem: even any definition is just subjective. How often are threads about specific topic allowed? What is "artificial" in this context? Aren't most of possible topics of an aired series already "exhausted"? Many of these things seem obvious to you but there is always someone that will disagree with you. In order to ban generals you need an objective definition to a general. Unless this is met, I can see every goddamn thread devolving into an argument about is the thread in question a general or not.

I don't think there is an answer to this as objectivity in a topic like this is literally impossible to achieve.

So?
One spreads knowledge and makes if available for everyone who knows the language.
The other one costs several 100 € and spreads knowledge that's already easily available.

But you can work with computers and legit cut time with washing machines. Smart phones just make things slightly easier in the most retarded way. Instead of writing down the things you need to buy at the supermarket you can use your phone, awesome.

People break their smartphones all the time, nice you aren't as unfortunate. Charging is still a pain, instead of charging once a day, you disable a bunch of stuff and only need to charge ever second day! I'm not using not having a smartphone as a status symbol, I'm just making a point.

You don't need a computer on the outside. Pretty much everything relevant can be done with a brick phone and conventional methods like reading the street signs and asking people for directions.

When you pick up your mom and can't sit around just listening to music or look at trees for 5-10 minutes, that's just weird.

Most people are retards, people break their phones all the time.

True, not everyone uses them as a status symbol, but those who do are cancer. And everyone is pushed into having one.

If you are at work or in class you should focus on that, browsing Cred Forums then is retarded.

Sure, it's about how you use the technology.
But while computers are really useful and required for people to do their job, smartphones are barely to such an extend.

People break their phones all the time, that's just how it is. Don't defend it with "I never broke mine though!"

I can hold conversations with those people. But isn't it bothersome that people can't even go out and eat without having to look at their phone constantly and that that's their first instinct instead of just enjoying their meal or talking to the people?

>Cred Forums got bad because it was flooded with newcomers who didn't lurk
I know I probably shouldn't read this post any further as people who claim board goes worse are pretty much confirmed as not actually being here way back, as by modern standards Cred Forums was definitely bigger pile of shit way back. Newfag influx is a minor problem, the board norms are stricter than ever maybe excluding last three years or so. If anything, the "good old Cred Forums" was mostly just memes and off-topic. Anyone that is nostalgic for those old days was never there.

Hindering is caused by not actually that many board users speaking moon. Sure, it's easy to learn, but what's the point really? I can for example spin around my room every time before posting but what's the fucking point? And if you think that stops newfags you don't understand how easy it's search shit on internet or just pay for a pass.

>Confirmed for not knowing kana.
We are talking about different scopes here. Of course you can read some sentences, but try to consume a manga with knowing only kana. You can't right? Who cares about "little things" when you cannot consume works of fiction the board focuses on?

>Cred Forums is shit precisely because of them and because they are counted in thousands
Popular series are always filled with shitposting and ironic falseflagging. It's like you're new or something. I know this might not be constructive but major problems with Cred Forums are faulty moderation and meta- and offtopic threads, not newfags: even if you are angered to the point of considering the board ruined by someone typing "wtf" then it might actually tell something more about yourself than board quality.

>The definition of a general is more or less this: a general is a recurring thread that is artificially kept alive, despite the exhausted topic. The thread is bumped with posts that are barely related to the topic and/or are off-topic.
This describes only select few of supposed "generals". Vast majority is different.

cont. Trust me there are plenty of people who do care about having the newest smartphone well above the age of 18 and they are cancer.

Yes, you don't need a computer , video games, anime and manga.
They are mostly a waste of time and you should use your time more productively.
There's some value in all of it but your life shouldn't revolve only around that.

What do you mean by people like me driving society apart?
It's not like I avoid people who use smartphones or treat them badly.
I just don't like them and think people should be more aware of how and what they use them for.

I'm not trying to pretend I'm perfect and everyone should be like me. I'm a piece of shit myself but smartphones are evil that's all I wanted to say.

Uh. Some people use public transport. There is little place for laptop but enough place for smartphone.

One step more. Kanji captchas.

>But isn't it bothersome that people can't even go out and eat without having to look at their phone constantly
Not really. People read and watch TV while eating, does that bother you? People have always multi-tasked.

> and that that's their first instinct instead of just enjoying their meal or talking to the people?
You can't enjoy your meal while doing something else? You can't hold a conversation while focusing on something else? You've never held a conversation while eating a meal, as you and others are watching a movie?

>people who claim board goes worse are pretty much confirmed as not actually being here way back, as by modern standards Cred Forums was definitely bigger pile of shit way back.
This, old Cred Forums was /s4s/ tier half of the time.

>the board norms are stricter than ever maybe excluding last three years or so
This too, Cred Forums's standards used to be pretty fucking low.

>long green text boring bullshit no one cares about blah blah blah
long normal text boring bullshit no one cares about im gay

>Societies that didn't have writing had people capable of memorizing entire epics and schools of knowledge
Yeah, fuck print and written language, we should get rid of all of that!

>If you are at work you should focus on that, browsing Cred Forums then is retarded.
And why's that? You do realise not everyone who's at work actually spend every second "worrking", right?
>Pretty much everything relevant can be done with a brick phone and conventional methods like reading the street signs and asking people for directions.
Try actually travelling instead of walking around your city

Your head is way too far up your ass.

>instead of charging once a day, you disable a bunch of stuff and only need to charge ever second day
Not really, I run pretty much a stock phone and it needs to be charged maybe every third day at most. Not really an inconvenience to me as I don't wear my phone in my pocket 24/7.

>Pretty much everything relevant can be done with a brick phone and conventional methods like reading the street signs and asking people for directions.
So you're either 50 and angry about kids these days, or your a kid from these days who fancies himself too mature for the other kids these days.

> who's at work actually spend every second "worrking", right?
I actually am. Waiting for compiler.

I use my smarthpone to measure electromagnetic waves

Cool shit man

>you're not going to read this green sentence full of so many words
neither will you read this white text that follows the above green sentence

Smartphones are cool man, i could check my bank statement at anytime, confirm payrolls, gps functions, type notes as a reminders, use it as alarm, make videocalls when away from homes, and all sort of pretty important function when your own personal computer is away from reach. I could say it is ver convinient too.

Sound like sour grape or never own a smart phone to accept it's usefullness.

>You cannot refute arguments presented in the posts
So you decide to pretend you just don't read shit to cover your incompetence

>problems
other than the occasional Cred Forumsshit poster I don't think Cred Forums has problems.

I had fun.
These threads really need to die though.

why would i refute anything. i haven't even read anything. i don't even know if it is two people fighting or one guy keeping his points

Of course, "Cred Forums has always been shit"
I'm not talking about TTGL vs Lucky Star or DESU spam man. I mean 2010, 2011, 2012 etc. Though to be honest, I would prefer old days to current ones anyway. Back then the memes were Cred Forums-specific and anime-related. Now they're mostly normalfag trash. The focus was on having fun which happened to shape out in some way and not filling some shitposting quota or forcibly stuffing "meme" into every single thing.

>maybe excluding last three years or so
See? You just misunderstood.
Thread is dying and I'm quite busy, will continue later hopefully.

Watching TV and sitting at the computer while eating is unhealty.
And talking while eating isn't my issue either.
If you and your peers go and eat together, isn't it a bit strange if they don't talk to each other but look at facebook memes instead?
Maybe that's just me but it's weird seeing that.

People who are on their phone every 15 minutes at work are absolute cancer don't even argue with that.
I've seen people who do practicums just sit around look at their phone instead of doing what they are supposed to do. Pure cancer.

I wouldn't say I "travel" but getting to your destination with public transportation doesn't require a fucking phone. Read the driving plan thingy or ask the fucking bus driver or another passenger if you need to.

Can't I just be a normal guy who doesn't like smartphones?

Why the fuck would I need to check my bank shit at any time? That's not even convenient, it's just a pointless option.

Yeah gps so the jews can track you.
What do you need gps for? Look at fucking google maps before you drive somewhere or just write down the street's name. Learn to read street signs you retard.

You could also type notes on a 10 year old phone that doesn't cost 300€.
Same for the alarm.

Why the fuck would you need to make a video call? Sure being able to call people is useful, but video call? What the fuck for?

The only legit useful things smartphones do is having a good camera in your phone. The rest is stuff old phones can do just as easily or stuff you will never need.

Also smartphones are really expensive and track you. Literally the devil.

I did own one at some point. Don't need that garbage.

And that's why mobileposters should be banned from Cred Forums.

>Can't I just be a normal guy who doesn't like smartphones?
No.

I use mine to look at pictures of my waifu to cheer me up on a slow day.

I agree with this guy.

>Back then the memes were Cred Forums-specific and anime-related.
No they weren't? Even the language used was epic memespouting.
>The focus was on having fun which happened to shape out in some way
You can't "have fun" and at the same time enforce autistically strict set of norms. Most of the best board events would nowadays blatantly classify as blogshit, which means the Cred Forums you want is the one that weeds out "fun". You're polishing something that was essentially turd. It was different turd, but if you consider deviating from norms the biggest bad then it wasn't definitely the kind of turd you want to make it out to be.

>I wouldn't say I "travel"
So you didn't. Then why do you try to argue something that you have no idead about?
>People who are on their phone every 15 minutes at work are absolute cancer don't even argue with that.
Again, you don't know what kind of job everyone has.
Stop pushing you retarded mindset on everyone.

>Sure, it's easy to learn, but what's the point really?
It helps a lot. It's one of the best things you can do in your life considering effort : reward ratio.

>And if you think that stops newfags you don't understand how easy it's search shit on internet
You think people would do that for every single post? People can't even be bothered to register on random sites to post a comment or download a torrent.

>or just pay for a pass
Good joke. And if they do, that's good, Cred Forums servers will become stronger.

>but try to consume a manga with knowing only kana. You can't right?
I never claimed otherwise, why are you talking about it?

>Who cares about "little things" when you cannot consume works of fiction the board focuses on?
Because reading books isn't everything you can do with a language. I already answered this question in my previous post.
>Learning kana takes two days and with it you will be able to read many words, anime industry likes using kana a lot. I think it would improve not only quality of the board but also experience of all the anons who would be able to enjoy some nip raws/announcements/leaks/etc. to bigger extent than before.
Learning kana makes a huge and immediate difference. Sure, you can't just read soemthing but you will be able to understand some sign or pun or deduce something from an announcement etc. It will definitely improve your M&A experience to some extent, even if you don't learn anything else form the language. Spinning on your chair won't.

>are always filled with shitposting and ironic falseflagging
Ratios are different. In the past it was much easier to simply ignore this stuff because it wasn't as prevalent.

>Back then the memes were Cred Forums-specific and anime-related
So you were not there.

>You can't "have fun" and at the same time enforce autistically strict set of norms.
Oh god, you're that guy I spoke to multiple times already.
You can. Madoka 2011 threads proved it well to name an extreme example which was also insanely popular meaning achieving this goal was even harder for it.

I would like it if you elaborated on what you mean by "autistically strict set of norms".

>that was essentially turd
This mindset is what kills Cred Forums and enables
>Why are sales threads so bad? Because people decided only shitposting happens there and everyone who reads them thinks its okay to shitpost and they later do it in other threads as well.
Cred Forums was the home of me and countless other anons. I'm saying it 100% honest. I value Cred Forums more than any other place on earth. However it keeps changing, for worse. Of course I'm not pleased with it.

My fault.
I use public transportation, bus and train and get by with reading the plan thingy and asking people.
I just don't travel travel through half the country.
If you need a smartphone to know which bus to take, you are retarded. You should inform yourself online beforehand anyways, you can do that at home no phone required.

Sure there may be jobs where having a smart phone can kill some time when you have nothing to do.
I doubt this goes for the vast majority of people.
Plenty of people slack of on their phones, trust me.

Your argument boils up to learning out-of-context words, which is super nice and all. Even spinning in your room is more effective as you get physical exercise.

Not too active, I browsed Cred Forums and porn boards more ten years ago so I won't argue stubbornly. I only started spending time 24/7 on Cred Forums in 2010 (sadly missed Sora no Woto) and posting in 2011.

Nope.

>"Madoka 2011 threads proved it well"
>Names biggest cancer of board as a good example
Also no one cares about what you think. If you want old memes go to reddit or something.

Only if its simple Kanji please

Not an argument

fuck everyone is a hypocrite just let it die

Said the redditor.