Would you be interested in a manga that's about a group of kids (possibly some school club) who get together and watch...

would you be interested in a manga that's about a group of kids (possibly some school club) who get together and watch a movie or tell a story every week?

synopsis is basically each volume is an independent story with an opener and closer featuring the main cast, possibly with a break in the middle as well.

would you rather them all be horror stories or a mix of adventure/mystery/etc?

also since this seems like a really simple theme that I'm sure must've been done before in some way, has anyone ever heard of such a manga/anime like this?

Only if it was MST3k style.

I was kinda thinking something like that. with some voice overs at least ala beavis&butt-head. but i don't want it to be too derivative. or annoying.

I want to marry Oi-chan.

Something like Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark? Could work, but the main group needs to have a hook to them as well so people find them interesting.

yes exactly.

I'm still playing around with the main cast. I was looking to go for 3-4 chars, with 1 being playful, 1 more mature, and 1 easily scared. but that seems a little too cliche. i dunno.
and I'm still playing around with the ending. I'm thinking (if it's all horror stories) the final volume would have them summon a ghost or try to expel one or something. got the idea for that from that legend that if you tell a certain number of ghost stories in 1 night it'll summon a real ghost. maybe 1 of the chars turns out to be a ghost themself (new student?).

I don't know but having just 4 characters feels like it would leave little room for flexibility with this type of set-up.

Do they play the characters in the stories they tell? I don't really understand what you're getting at.

>Do they play the characters in the stories they tell?
no. that couldn't work with a lot of the stories i have. they'll essentially be the narrators or viewers.

the main cast will consist of 3-4 to leave it as simple as possible/not delve into their personal back stories too much.
but the opener/closer will build up to an ending.
the first volume will probably be just the main cast interacting with background chars and each other (possibly a b-cast but I can't see how it could be worked in) to set everything up.

SZS?

not at all

bamp for more opinions

last bump before bed

I think the idea of having them play out the stories would be cool, but imagine it more like they're watching the movie from inside the movie itself. They could still make comments and ask each other questions, and it wouldn't interrupt the scene.
Basically, like them getting "immersed" in the characters and world, or acting a little chuuni with it.

i thought about that, but some of the (horror) stories i have play with isolation, so i don't know if it'd work with more than 1 central char

This garbage is literally airing this season.
A school club for reading "classic" lit.

And to answer your question - no, I don't care about this shit.

don't like the setup or don't like classic lit?

Both.

>also since this seems like a really simple theme that I'm sure must've been done before in some way, has anyone ever heard of such a manga/anime like this?

You mean something that's a SoL premise focused on young characters that lends itself to a variety of stories told that aren't real in the show's world? It's Rugrats minus the diapers.

if its horror, make it about a haunted book (you have to read all the book in a month or your life will go to shit or something) with such stories, some of them random, others hitting real close from home to some characters, that way you can make all of them protagonist of their flashback, that way you can use more characters and make them more relatable

short (shitty) example

one story about a kid murdering his father out of hatred, then becoming a serial killer because he liked the feel
one of the mc´s parents are divorced and he or she is resentful about them because of that

hope you get the idea

same user, they find a cursed book with their biography hidden under short stories, and that creeps them out

>haunted book
really like this idea

definitely noting this down. will credit user if this idea is used

hope it helps and good luck, user

thank you! I'll be sure to release it on Cred Forums first.

Sounds interesting, still never heard of an anime like this...

Kaidan Restaurant?

Closest I can think of is Go Home Club (a few scenes) and Tesagure! Bukatsumono (adlib scenes)