Why are competent, non-fanservice female warriors so rare?

Why are competent, non-fanservice female warriors so rare?

Other urls found in this thread:

nhk.or.jp/moribito/en/
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=827627
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because women make shit warriors

>mfw people try to tell me that objectification of women doesn't happen that often and is not a problem.

Because when you have a gender that is biologically at a disadvantage in combat, then creating a competent warrior from that gender rides to a large degree on rule of cool, which is fanservice by another name.

>real life Moribito miniseries
>Moribito manga fully translated
2017 and 2018
>More Moribito real life adaptations coming
It's nice to be a Balsa fan.

Because having zero fanservice overly limits the market appeal.

this. Guy do nothing but complain about them and try and use that as an excuse why they themselves suck so much ass

>competent
No you're fucking wrong. She's pure stupid fantasy right down to
>I can engage in mortal combat and only knock them out HURR DURR
Immature bullshit from top to bottom. This entire franchise.

>real Life moribito

What?

Only female humans and only if there is no supernatural powers involved.

Add something like Qi and everything is open.

And if we go away from humans - Ant-man and Spider-man are ridiculous, it should always be Ant-woman, Spider-woman, and so on.

Because real female warriors were rare

>only if there is no supernatural powers involved.
Sure, if you add magic then a lack of physical strength is no longer required.
But then you'll run into the question why your warrior should have big muscles. And then you have a pretty warrior girl.

>it should always be Ant-woman, Spider-woman,
Fuck off.

nhk.or.jp/moribito/en/

Only 4 episodes in Spring 2016, but they are making more for 2017 and 2018.

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=827627

Time to watch this, I suppose.

Because the patriarchy run this shit.

Because world is afraid of strong nord woman

you didn't even post the best female warrior

Balsa a shit

They're only appealing because they're rare.

If they were the norm and cheesecake jobbers were hard to find, you wouldn't be asking this question.

Because fighting and war are fundamentally male things so when you try to make a woman a warrior they gradually develop more and more male traits through the process of writing that character. So to counter act this, and not just write a man with a vagina, they add feminine aspects to the character like Daintiness or feminine fashion sense. Woman fighting are fundamentally fan-service simply because it was something that woman seldom engage in meaning we have to add girly shit into it to make sure they stay a woman. Let's take Balsa as an example shall we? Strong independent warrior who's pragmatic and quick thinking. This is too masculine to be identifiable as a woman, if someone read this as a character sheet they would assume it was a man. So how do we make her more feminine? Why we make her motherly. There bam female character.

Because it's hard to create a setting where they feel natural, and forcing them where they don't belong just feels insincere.

If you want to be realistic then it's because men are stronger than women, obviously. This sort of explanation falls apart the moment men start doing retarded shit like lifting boulders though.

tell that to the kurds

>non-fanservice
Why would this be a negative?
Fucking sex-negative, neo-puritan retards.

She skinny

No, you fat.

>Moribito manga fully translated

Word? All those live-action series are probably too cringy to sit through, but the manga seemed promising enough 7 years ago.

Wait, how the fuck is it 3 volumes long? I need to check this out.

It's just more popular to have them be fanservice machines. The whole men are stronger than women argument doesn't hold water when 99% of anime have unrealistic action.

An important concept to consider is how humans are shallow information consumers, relying on huristics because huristics are far more efficent than getting deep data. The appeal of fantasy worlds is that they are built entirely on the sort of shallow information that humans perceive the world with, they actually make more sense to our brains than reality which is why they're so fun as sandboxes to play in. Gender roles are one of the biggest of these huristics, trying to break them ruins all the fun. There is a method to the madness of fantasy. Deviants are exactly that, they can have their fun but because they're deviants their work will naturally be a tiny minority among the sum total of works. Normalizing deviancy can only be done by leveraging power, since it violates heuristics and while the deep data confirms their existence it also shows how tiny and irrelevant they are, only power thumbing the scales can alter their relevance. This however also has the effect of delegitimizing that power so the scales can only be tipped for so long before natural balance is restored.

Nigga you wot?

Post spear scenes in webm.

>Why we make her motherly. There bam female character.
I had no idea 'Lone Wolf and Cub' protag was a female character.

>tell that to the kurds
The Kurds are a rabble that is only slightly more effective than ISIS.

Because sex sells and if you don't make sex sell then you need to write a decent story, something most mangaka can't into.

Balsa is fucking based and about as realistic a female warrior you can hope for- but realistic warriors are the antithesis of what men are attracted to. It requires age and experience so she's 30 instead of yet another teenager, a strong body with actual muscles, practical rather than skimpy clothes, competency and leadership skills rather than being meek and docile, a commanding tone instead of a cute, youthful voice, etc.

T H I R S T
H
I
R
S
T

Anime combat involves people jumping 30 feet in the air and doing all sorts of dumb shit.

They lost the right to reference real life a long time ago.

Variety is nice. I can take the op seriously, I can't take this chick seriously.

>non-fanservice
>female warriors
Choose one.

The concept of a female warrior IS fanservice.

Opened thread for Princess Kushana, was not disappointed.

It's a shame that every japanese live action is fucking awful. If they have money for some bullshit live action they better spend it on a new anime season.

>So how do we make her more feminine? Why we make her motherly. There bam female character.
And that's why Moribito is great. We all love Balsa because besides her cool warrior attitude, she's motherly and gentle. These kind of characters are rare in anime/manga.

Real life Kemono no Souja Erin when?