So Cred Forums, on an unbiased note how do you feel about Subaru as a main character?

So Cred Forums, on an unbiased note how do you feel about Subaru as a main character?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qz5gja7XtYE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He's alright

>on an unbiased note
>how do you feel
He exists.

generic as fuck

He's okay. His taste in women is lacking though.

> how do you feel
I don't know, I don't feel my shit, I just flush it.

He's a good character but a shitty person with terrible taste. I wouldn't want to be his friend, he seems to sacrifice them all for the sake of his girl who doesn't even really like him that way yet.

Are you having a good laugh there, mate?

it's pretty meh
like Subaru

I want him as my husband. That's all.

>saved Emilia instead of Rem

kono baka

Not enough despair.

Totally biased but Subaru is my brother from another manufacture

Made the show for me

How is he generic? He's a self insert that everyone in his world likes just like any other VN protagonist, but he barely changes from where he started off in the anime.

He's still a whiny character that's an asshole to everyone.
He's still weak physically, despite being surrounded by master swordsmen and mages.
He still doesn't deserve neither Emilia or Rem. Sure, he suffered a fate worse than Hell multiple times, but they suffered a lifetime of hatred and rejection.

Even at the end, he still gives out this entitled speech to Emilia without putting himself in her perspective.

Worst, most annoying mc i've seen

Yup, he's far from generic. His selfishness is kind of refreshing, and at least he's kind of aware of it. I kind of wish he was less Gary Stu though, in the sense that everyone still ends up liking him in the final timelines, even if they hated him in the initial timelines.

Still a terrible person no matter how well characterized.

>I kind of wish he was less Gary Stu though, in the sense that everyone still ends up liking him in the final timelines, even if they hated him in the initial timelines.
I don't think that makes him a Gary Stu. He just has the information to make them like him. I think Emilia is actually the only character in the show who liked him on his first time meeting her. Maybe the red-haired sword guy too, can't remember.

He's a really solid protagonist, developed, relatable, doesn't have a super-OP ability that let's him win every battle just because, he actually grows as a person over the course of the show. He's one of the better written MC's we've gotten in the last few years.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qz5gja7XtYE
Good thing Elliot Rodger gets girl now.

Took him 23 episodes to become somewhat cool.

I'm not talking about initial events. I'm talking about how eventually everyone ends up having everyone like him, even if he doesn't specifically try to get favor from that from that person. The events make sense, but story-wise having someone who's actually a good person, but doesn't really like Subaru a whole lot, would be more interesting and balanced.

Same as the faggot from Mirai Nikki

Subversion of expectations for the self-insert fags.

I like him quite a bit actually, hes a lot more rounded than most of the 2-dimensional characters we see.

I mean he's a prideful, arrogant, egotistical prick but he's also really caring and will do whatever it takes for those he loves.

8/10 for me

Even though this make him a Gary Stu, this is the major complaint I have with his character. Not just the final parts but the entire series. The fact how easily liked he was, how easily he became a servant in a mansion, how easily he was allowed into royal meeting, and how easily he was able to unite 3 armies to take down a cult.

In this world, a random bum from the streets can became the most likable guy in 2 weeks if he/she decided to become a hero.

I know the author's intent was to make the reader/viewer decide whether if he's likable or not, but this doesn't excuse how everyone just instantly warmed up to him to the point they would lay their lives down for a random stranger.

this doesn't make him*

You mean Al? Yeah Al liked him, he is a bro.

I feel like he's named after a car.

He's alright

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT END I WAS PROMISED VEGETABLES

Why? Not saying there is no reason to think that but why do you personally think that?

He knew how the events were going to unfold. His power might as well be the power to see the future. A random bum on the street is not going to accomplish that.

I could write a lot of word about this, and there are a lot of angles from which it's true, but the short of it is that he doesn't feel like a real person. He's badly written.

I like him, my favorite character in the show.

It does make him a Sue actually. People think of the concept in the sense of power and general wish fulfilment, but the original definition was in how everyone in story accepted and praised the Sue, just like they do with Subaru. He's an obvious illegal immigrant that somehow ends up getting leaders of a country and their armies to listen to him. Not everyone should just like him no matter, what his accomplishments are, it's ridiculous. His past and first impressions matter, Anastasia even points this out, but in the next timeline she goes along with his wishes rather easily.

It doesn't matter that he sees the future, the fact that in the final timeline it doesn't address how people are comfortable with how he gets his info or how he explains it, despite that being a critical cause of his failure in another timeline makes him Sueish, as some people should still be spooked about his accomplishments coming from someone with his sketchy background.

I don't think I've ever wanted a character to succeed as much as him. I always know that Naruto, Deku or say, Okabe would pull through. But with him there was always the chance of failure and his flaws being a major stepping stone so seein him overcome them was great

he reminds me of siztra

>it doesn't address how people are comfortable with how he gets his info or how he explains it, despite that being a critical cause of his failure in another timeline
This bugged me to no end.

>youtube.com/watch?v=Qz5gja7XtYE
My god, he's like a virgin Dennis Reynolds

How the fuck is he a Gary Stu if he has to earn their respect? Subaru goes through a lot of shit, and as later arcs prove, just because he clears a hurdle doesn't mean things work out for him 100%. Even with the loops he fucks up plenty in the "real" timeline. Easiest example is Rem, but there are many others, in addition to his own body getting fucked.

Just because he earns the respect of other characters doesn't make him an omnipotent being everyone loves. The only characters close to that sort of affection towards him are Rem and Emilia, but even for Emilia it's shown that he's earned her affection through actions.

he actually has flaws
I like him

The first time was "I just know" back in episode 16. Plus he really had nothing to offer. Negotiations have to come with some sense of incentive. In episode 19 (where the anime skipped on what Rem said about mining rights when Rosewaal technically gave her the orders to help Subaru in any way), he had a bargaining chip. What happens later is obligation to fight the cult that is related to the whale (this was mentioned but not in the anime). The info given in episode 24, yeah, it was hazy. But then again, he got rid of a threat that plagued the world for 400 years so his words are a grain of salt.

Yeah. And they do show him explaining that he's a possible target for Betelgeuse to take over his body. How can anyone not think that he was a former witch cult member at the very best? And these people know what the witch cult does, I can't see everyone just being ok with that, no matter how normal and helpful he seems now.

I love him and want him for myself.

Satella pls

They trust him knowing he just stopped a whale that plagued the world for centuries. Then again, they also have people who investigate the cult.

I know your rationale. I just don't buy it. At the very least there should be one important person openly suspicious of him. That good deed can't completely wipe out the suspicious past he must seem to have in everyone's eyes.

Technically he didn't even stop the whale. He just being used for bait. If you add the fact that he quick rise to power from being a "immigrate" to Emilia's yesman ontop of knowing he could be bait should make him even more suspicious.

They're not helping him at that point because of some great cause.

They are helping him because they've been loaned to him in return for killing the whale.

Why the fuck would they care how suspicious he is. They don't have the right to say. "I'm going home now fuck this lol."

liked him from the start
then he got fleshed out and thats my jam
then his flaws hit home and that was that

You should probably just post on an anime forum/board for your native language.

That is painful to read.

>Pointing out a run-on sentence fuck up, because I don't like the point he made

Stay on topic please.

My favorite from this season. What an horrible guy.

Don't blame him because your post was unreadable.

It's decently readable. Your reading comprehension is just shit.

I didn't watch this anime but he looks like MC from Koe no Katachi.

He's alright. Though I liked him better when he was suffering. He got too powerful towards the end.

>this post
>this pic
user-kun, I love you as much as Subaru loves Emilia.

he was always powerless, but in the end he learned to communicate with and use allies properly

>gary stu
how? he has many flaws with little talents (only profficient is charisma, which is why people come to like him), it takes him multiple deaths to get desired results, hes illusioned, ignorant and selfish (and learns from it). he has moments so pathetic you feel second hand embarrasment, but has had some highs too
hes not a "bad" guy, but hes got some major shit to work on
if anything hes a lot like Cred Forums

He knew everyone wanted to take down the whale and it was in everyone's common interest

>Technically he didn't even stop the whale. He just being used for bait. If you add the fact that he quick rise to power from being a "immigrate" to Emilia's yesman ontop of knowing he could be bait should make him even more suspicious.

>Technically he didn't even stop the whale; he was used as a bait. If you add the fact that he quick rise to power from being a "stranger" to Emilia's yesman, on top of knowing he could be bait should make him even more suspicious.

Even if I fix some of the problems no one could understand your post, suspicious of what? Are you responding to OP? because if so, your post has don't respond his question.

I'm not hating at you, I'm just saying that you shouldn't get mad if someone don't understand your post.

>Though I liked him better when he was suffering.

Even in the moments when he didn't deserve it? The edge in you is strong.

He made me cringe for most of the series. The scene where he goes to the mansion was physically painful for me.
And I hate the fact that she chose Emilia over Rem.

T-thanks, I love you to

He didn't act enough like just another loser. Why was he able to act and talk so confident when all he did in the real world was stay at home?

good fit but could be better/less boring

Hes alright, its nice to see an absolute piece of human refuse for an MC every now and then, especially when MCs of isekai are usually gary stus.

Subaru is narcissistic, autistic to an extreme, useless, obsessive, and weak minded. This makes him interesting to watch.

Another thing though

His taste in women is shit, If I was him I would choose Satella

Fucking boxer engine

useless piece of shit!

Forgettable.

I'm not going to remember Subaru in one month and honestly, he was just a generic self insert MC that somehow gets everyone to love him.