As a young chef, a part of me wonders why a series hasn't been made that COMPLETELY focuses on the culinary industry

As a young chef, a part of me wonders why a series hasn't been made that COMPLETELY focuses on the culinary industry.
It wouldn't have to be completely realistic, or like any of the schlock overdramatized Ramsey shows, just lighthearted with some heavier realistic aspects and scenarios.
Here are some ideas just off the top of my head.

>MC of the series is a lowly dishwasher in your typical restaurant, gets bossed around by cooks but watches them work on the sidelines
>Aspires to be a great chef
>Restaurant goes under, MC takes the opportunity to take his first steps in becoming a chef
>Gets taken in by an old master, with barely any staff and a restaurant about to go under
>Crazy training montages involving dunking hands into boiling water to improve heat resistance
>Crazy antics ensue to get more business
>As the series goes on, the restaurant grows and gains more staff from all ethnicities with quirky personalities
>Snobby French chef, Jamaican chef who has to restrain himself from adding Cajun spice to everything, hotheaded British chef who will tear the kitchen apart, one old guy who doesn't understand Japanese, but makes damn good food
>Series dabbles with financial problems in the industry, but still keeps that over the top charm
>Main villain is a corporate chain of restaurants that runs everyone out of business, and cares nothing about food

>Episode that entirely takes place in a secret underground food market with high end ingredients
>Episode where foreigners come to the restaurant and eat everything
>Episode where the gang looks for a traditional blacksmith to make them amazing knives

>Made by Trigger

Again, on paper things like cooking may not seem all that interesting, but a lot of entertainment can come from it with a little flare.
I mean there's an anime based completely on tennis for fucks sake.

I'll take two!

Where have you been this season user?

Hataraku Maou Sama is closer to what OP is talking about than that piece of shit.

Toriko is kind of like that, though not as centered around cooking as an industry as you would probably like.

I'd be surprised if SOMETHING like that doesn't exist out there, even if it was obscure as fuck and never translated

Literally Gochiusa.

Gochiusa is about as much about food as One Piece is about piracy.

The fucking curry manga is basically this

What the fuck OP, are you retarded? Where is the TLDR? No one's gonna fucking read your blog.

>Toriko is* kind of like that
was.

Well fuck, now I want to see it.

>He hasn't read Bambino

Honestly, how can you expect a mangaka to understand the intricacies of the culinary industry if they don't understand their own outside of entertainment and articulate purposes?

Seriously... Let that sink in for a bit...

this sounds like a mix of every food anime made so far, sprinkled with a little bit of pixar

Manga and anime for subjects outside of literature and music don't exist.
The last time those ``existed" was in the 90's and early 2000's when Cyberpunk and anime with an actual storyline was still cool.

The reason seems obvious, but not a lot of people seem to understand:
The people who write anime and manga are going to be the same people who are involved with the culture.

In other words, if you are a software engineer, you are not going to write manga.
If you are a chef, you are not going to write manga.
If you are a doctor, you are not going to write manga.

Expecting an artist to understand anything but art is beyond reasonable expectations, and that is why you will never see subjects with depth to them.

Isn't Yakitate!! Japan kinda like that, OP?

Souma's really good though, and it's all about cooking so it really is among the best fits for what wants

I am waiting for a web novel about a bloodthirsty Japanese Truck, who gets run over in a brawl with another Japanese Truck over territory.
It then reincarnates into another world of swords and magic, where it defends a princess out on the road from a band of bandits (by running them over and drinking their blood)
The truck receives a noble accommodation by the King, and later that night it reams the princess from behind

already done

>implying food is not art
Did you hit your head as a baby or were you born this dumb?

Combine the snooty french guy and the skilled old foreigner, someone like Jaques Pepin.
Dude's like the Bob Ross of food, was the personal chef to the president of France for years.

baking is chemistry, fagtron

>If you are a chef, you are not going to write manga.
While she herself isn't the mangaka, an actual chef writes all the recipes for Shokugeki no Soma from chapter 5 onwards. While perhaps chefs, software engineers and doctors don't themselves become mangaka, there's nothing stopping mangaka from befriending them and being interested in what they do.

You could say all of cooking is a science. It's all about biological and chemical reactions. Merely browning meat already invokes the Maillard reaction for example. But on the other hand it can also be seen as an art. There's no reason why it can't be both.

There's a shitload of cooking manga and anime already.

>If you are a doctor, you are not going to write manga.

You realize Osamu Tezuka was a doctor, right?

>Toriko is kind of like that
That's "kind of" stretching it whenToriko is a fucking straight up battle manga.

>what is research
You're a dumb faggot

>Manga and anime for subjects outside of literature and music don't exist.
you what
>In other words, if you are a software engineer, you are not going to write manga.
Tatsuya Egawa, the author of Be Free! and Golden Boy is a math major and former teacher, there's many others like him, Itagaki for instance.
>If you are a doctor, you are not going to write manga.
Tezuka literally studied and graduated as a doctor, that is how he created Black Jack among other things.
>Expecting an artist to understand anything but art is beyond reasonable expectations
Except the part where artists studied biology and human anatomy since the renaissance?
In which crazy world are you living?
> that is why you will never see subjects with depth to them.
Read more manga newfag, cooking manga are old as shit, Cooking Papa was a staple of the genre before you were even a remote notion in your father's head.

You need to read more manga and/or get your head out of your ass.

So you took all the cliches you could find, and put them in a restaurant?

>Brit making good food
>Cliché

That particular alone would classify that manga as Isekai or science fiction.

>Hataraku as an example while calling Soma shit
Jesus christ get taste. Hataraku shouldn't even have gone past episode 5.

>The last time those ``existed" was in the 90's and early 2000's when Cyberpunk and anime with an actual storyline was still cool.
It makes perfect sense a poster as deluded and clueless at the same time would be a nostalgiafag.

Baking is kind of different from all other forms of cooking.
You can't make alterations in baking, once you set something to cook, that's it.

医龍-Team Medical Dragon-
Author: Nagai Akira, DOCTOR. His manga covers different subjects but especially the treatment of cancer. Himself died of cancer in 2004.

大使閣下の料理人
Scenario written by Nishimura Mitsuru, ex-CHEF for a japanese ambassy, and who wanted to share his experience. He hired two mangakas to write his story. It's a recent manga who was still published in 2006.

Japanese mangakas work with assistants and pros who do the research, when they are not themselves real pros in another domain, which is quite often the case. Your contempt for japanese manga is based on nothing else than your ignorance.

Iron Wok Jan is my suggestion, but it's the only cooking centered manga I've come across myself.

Bambino is really good.

Bambino Secundo however is extremely bad, so don't read it.

Read "Nobunaga no Chef", it's pretty good.

Ratatouli meets hells kitchen meets hetalia and some other thing I forgot to mention. Not a bad idea OP.

OP is a retard as usual?

pepin's a top nigga.

>tfw no Pirates of the Caribbean tier entertaining pirate animu

Cred Forums please fuck off. Nobody here is as juvenile and dumb like comic writers who rehash shit while high and their fans who buy every putrid garbage regardless of quality which make everyone believes white males loves being cucked by black transexual Muslim superheroes.

many series have been made in the past with the help of professionals who are knowledgeable about a certain topic
like hikaru no go had a go-pro supervise the story and games

Everything OP wants and more

the author died? wtf is that why there are no more chapters?

Just watch ratatouile famalam

No mention of Nadesico? At its core, it's a story about a boy that struggles to devote himself to his culinary arts while suffering distractions from an annoying childhood friend and an interplanetary invasion.
The Gekiganger segments are a huge bonus too.

Cooking had as much to do with Nadesico as botany did with evangelion.

Cooking manga already exists. You just haven't seen any apparently.