Kizu II : Flop-hen

Kizu in 3 weeks : 300 Mil
Koe no Katachi in 3 days : 300 Mil
What went horribly wrong for Shaft? I thought that their only series to never flop was Monogatari. Is their cash cow dead?

I hope so.

>Kizu 1/3rd of a movie
>Koe no Katachi: a full movie

>Kizu : pay top dollar for the A list of freelance animators, VAs working on it and still flop
>KnK : pay only the salaries of the animators you already have, get Lantis VAs anyway and get a smash hit for a limited release.

You mean
>Kizu: Irredeemable shit
>KnK: Good anime

Remember half a year ago when Koyomimonogatari swiftly overtook Phantom World in oricon ranks? Yeah. Why didn't you make a thread back then?

Because Ishihara in the interview pre ep1 screening of Phantom World said that the projects was a fun project for the team while waiting for the pipeline to flush(The A listers in Kyoani were already preparing for Koe no Katachi and that's why Kigami didn't have a single cut in PW).
Kizu and KnK were the flagships for both Kyoani and Shaft and guess who found a way? KyoAni did.

Because Phantom World was beyond saving and KnK was actually good.

>that's why Kigami didn't have a single cut in PW
That wrong and he directed 2 episodes.
>■無彩限のファントム・ワールド(TV/2016) 演出 1話 9話(三好一郎名義) 原画 OP 13話(多田文雄名義)

Another studiowar thread.

Now that is a good backpedalling. "It was just a fun project!". Now how did i not thought about that before.

Monogatari is a fun project.
SZS was a fun project.
3gatsu is a fun project.

I'm not the one backpedaling. I quoted the creator of the work. If you can do the same about any work you mentioned then your point holds.

kizu is too deep

Global rule 10 forbids any form of spamming or flooding.

Which is exactly what you're doing.

that's obvious

monogatari has actually been a long running series so it's fanbase has already been decided between people who like it or hate it

also, that's only part one

Koe no Katachi is new for people who have not read the manga

Weekdays:
08/26: ¥348.0 million ($3.4 million), 0, ¥348 million ($3.4 million)
08/29-09/02: ¥1.434 billion ($13.9 million), +412%, ¥2.712 billion ($26.5 million)
09/05-09: ¥1.280 billion ($12.5 million), -11%, ¥5.152 billion ($50.1 million)
09/12-16: ¥1.125 billion ($11.0 million), -12%, ¥7.411 billion ($71.8 million) *Estimate

300M took 1 day.

This is why your studiowars are stupid

>What's your opinion about the anime as well? >If given the chance to choose your preference, would you have chosen another anime studio to do your LN series?
>The anime companies in Japan are very close to each other.
>Someone can work at several studios, and studios help other studios anonymously.
>Success isn't guaranteed by simply choosing a certain studio. I'm satisfied with the current system.

>Someone can work at several studios, and studios help other studios anonymously.

of course shitposting is stupid, good job replying to it

But I'm comparing two completely detached studios that couldn't even work together if they wanted to. The quote you're using is about the Tokyo based industry and guess where Kyoto Animation is based you big dumdum?

With that logic, the Madoka recaps shouldn't have sold at all

I'm baffled that any recap sells anything, ever.