For practical porpuses

For practical porpuses.

Wat is the difference between a wolf and a dog ?

Other urls found in this thread:

gizmodo.com/looks-like-we-were-wrong-about-the-origins-of-dogs-1780094357
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

One goes Woof the other Awoo

Awoos are cuter

One is rough, like sandpaper or pinecones, the other is silky smooth, like a mirror or a wolf.

Wolves are all weeaboos, dogs prefer sports.

Awoos are ot cute. They are badass

Aren't dogs just descendants of domesticated wolves?

actually no, genetic sampling has shown that while there is some wolf d.n.a in dogs, they are actually descended from an extinct fox-like species of Canid

Wolf can't read human faces
Dogs can.

Dogs follow human and learn from human and trust humans. Wolves are loner.

That's an AWOO

Dogs are domesticated descendants of wolves.
Wolves are typically larger, longer, and have bigger heads than dogs.
They're bred to survive in harsh conditions, and for extended periods of time. Unlike dogs.
Wolves are also smarter, and better at hunting, and tend to live in packs. Dogs are more solitary and domesticated to the point where they have lost most of their hunting instinct.
Biggest difference though, is that wolves retained their courage, and have a distinct lack of fear. Dogs however, are cowardly in comparison.
Dogs are adorable though. And I can pet a dog. I can't pet a wolf.

gizmodo.com/looks-like-we-were-wrong-about-the-origins-of-dogs-1780094357

different branch of the tree then modern wolves

the silly, lovable cousin, not the edgy angst ridden brother

so to speak

Dogs are Weebs

>Wolves are loner.
wut?

one is tamed by breeding inferior beta males over several generations and the other kills inferior beta males

Wolves are the opposite of loners. They're highly social and have a notable hierarchy among their pack.

By comparing genetic data with archaeological evidence, an international team of researchers led by the University of Oxford has shown that dogs emerged independently from two separate wolf populations (or more accurately, now-extinct ancestral wolves that are common ancestors of both modern wolves and dogs) that lived in West and East Eurasia.
So dogs are still descendants of ancient WOLVES.
That's stating the obvious user. An ancestor of the dog has to be ancient, obviously.

None if you are enough

Wolves are powerful, savage, noble creatures.
Dogs are intentionally genetically stunted versions of them.

Like Lanka.

well people assume you can go out and domesticate a modern wolf

You can raise them from a puppy and all you get is a yandere wolf

You can though. It's just a pain in the ass and takes time.

until they kill the mailman

You can tame them, not domesticate them.

Wolves are certainly not smarter than dogs.

Dogs still have extremely strong pack instincts. People who don't understand this end up with shitty dogs.

Dogs are not cowardly. Shepherds use dogs to watch their flocks. They regularly fight off larger predators, including wolves and bears. They're still completely submissive to their masters.

Wolves can only be what they are. Dogs can be whatever we need them to be. Dogs>wolves.

>is that wolves retained their courage, and have a distinct lack of fear.
Bullshit. Recently, my relatives were watching National Geographic about wolves and pumas. I was just passing by, but i remember that 2 strong wolves were scared shitless of the single puma.
Wolves have no fear only when they are in large pack (7+). With no pack they are no better than a little doggie.

Wolves hunt in packs.

>were scared shitless of the single puma
For good reason, pumas are fucking monsters.

A wolf requires an almost carnivorous diet (most domesticated dogs are omnivorous, hece cornmeal dog food) and constant exercise, furthermore wolves are stressed out by constant nose and contact with humans

dogs can be very brave when defending their owner or whatever they've been assigned to guard depending on the breed and the training

there are countless records of dogs attacking and effectively fending off bears, and they don't hesitate to attack even hostile humans (which is impressive because we are by far the most dangerous to animals)

>Biggest difference though, is that wolves retained their courage, and have a distinct lack of fear.

This is completely untrue. There have been several attempts to create 'Wolfdogs' for police/military use because people tend to cream themselves over big tuff wolves.

These attempts have pretty much failed because a lone wolf's flight response is so strong and their temperament is generally cautious and reserved.

The only success is the Czechoslovakian Wolfdog, and it took 4 generations of crossbreeding (reducing the wolf influence to 6%) to make them suitable service dogs.

'tis a troubling foe!

Wolves love squeaky prey.
Dogs love squeaky toys.

>Dogs are domesticated descendants of wolves.
Aye
>Wolves are typically larger, longer, and have bigger heads than dogs.
Aye
>They're bred to survive in harsh conditions, and for extended periods of time. Unlike dogs.
Nope. Dogs were bred for hunting and guarding, thus they tend to be tough bastards.

>Wolves are also smarter, and better at hunting, and tend to live in packs. Dogs are more solitary and domesticated to the point where they have lost most of their hunting instinct.
Dogs are incredibly pack minded, why do you think they are living with humans?
And any hunting dog has incredible hunting instincts.

>Biggest difference though, is that wolves retained their courage, and have a distinct lack of fear. Dogs however, are cowardly in comparison.
>dogs
>cowardly
Are you high? As someone who lived his entire live with dogs I can guarantee they are not. They are actually rather suicidal in defending their pack.
In compareson wolves (as any carnivore) need to reduce the risk of wounds that could hinder their ability to hunt, thus tend to be very careful.

>Dogs are adorable though. And I can pet a dog. I can't pet a wolf.
Depends.

Cats fight without honor, I'd be scared too.

Do your research before you spout some retarded shit, user.

What will happen when she gets another guy to join. Are we getting NTR on top of koala?