Storytime: Konjiki no Gash!! AKA Zatch Bell: Volume 15

With the first arc having drawn to a close as of volume 11, the Gash Bell dump continues, finally arriving into an actual plot and where the series truly becomes remarkable.

Gash bell is a Shonen action/comedy series by Makoto Raiku. The basic plot premise is that there are 100 kids from the demon world who come into the normal world to fight until only 1 is left standing, who is crowned king;

I'll be making a thread every day (can't give a specific consistent time of day yet due to IRL bullshit) and will post 1 volume every day until the whole run is posted.

Opening 1: youtube.com/watch?v=I0Ir4LL9Bkc
Opening 2 (current): youtube.com/watch?v=_aMy1lJsRtE

Previous threads (Be aware deleted spoilers will still be shown in third party archive links!)
Volume 1: | boards.fireden.net/a/thread/146776390
Volume 2: | boards.fireden.net/a/thread/146824912
Volume 3: | boards.fireden.net/a/thread/146873557
Volume 4: | boards.fireden.net/a/thread/146922715
Volume 5: | boards.fireden.net/a/thread/146977207
Volume 6: | boards.fireden.net/a/thread/147026126
Volume 7: | boards.fireden.net/a/thread/147052610
Volume 8: | boards.fireden.net/a/thread/147123349
Volume 9: | boards.fireden.net/a/thread/147154469
Volume 10: Volume 11: Volume 12: Volume 13:
Volume 14:

Other urls found in this thread:

n-u-l-l.net/
drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxi90CWdsCj3Tm1Rcl9ZSjQwZ1E/view
youtu.be/3H1nqLkPFBo?t=1321
youtube.com/watch?v=ODAjURBQKVE
youtube.com/watch?v=1Xi2xtLNyFo
youtube.com/watch?v=y9D-YI7B1QU
drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxi90CWdsCj3YlJrRU9Kc2s3VUk
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Woodland_Sprite
exhentai.org/g/76389/ce14337b76/
youtube.com/watch?v=8JYOBSNW0yM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>FAQ:

>Why should I be interested?
It has really fantastic art, good humor, great tactical fight's with great choreography and is really excellent at utilizing both positive and negative emotions for FEELS; admittedly the series is a little rough untill arc 2 rolls around, after that all the above starts to really shine and continues to get better; the art in particular.

>Where are your scans from?
NULL's release. their site is here: n-u-l-l.net/ and they can also be found on bato.to and mangasaurus. EBJ has superior digital volumes for sale on their site, but they are japanese only, I'll be buying and ripping them eventually. There's also some really amazing quality Portuguese scans, but only for like 20 chapters halfway into the series, and, you know, aren't in english.

A-Destiny has really amazingly high res scans in english for the last 3 volumes, but they aren't publically available anywhere right now other then the last 3 volumes as jpgs on otakusmash, and the translation is generally nost as good as NUll's I feel in most cases. They also have 18-30, but thye quality isn't much better then Null's and the translation is still iffy.

>Isn't Zatch bell that kiddy pokemon ripoff?
You probably saw the localized anime. The anime is pretty not great, and the localization is fucking terrible. The manga is way better, but even it admittedly starts out only above average untill it gets into the second arc.

Here we fucking go

Get ready for laughter and tears, people

I encourage you to post and respond to stuff as i'm dumping pages. It's far more fun for me while dumping if I see other people reacting to stuff that's happening and there' conversations I can reply to.

HOWEVER, please do not post images till I finish so the image limit isn't hit before then, and use your judgement for how often you post/how long what you are posting is. Don't overdo it.

DON'T POST SPOILERS (IE ANYTHING PAST THE CURRENT DUMPED PAGE OF THE CURRENT VOLUME) OUTSIDE OF SPOILER TAGS

Sorry, one of my friends just stopped by, might be a few mins between posts for the next few posts

Nevermind, got him to leave

;_;

Okay, so as much as I rightfully shit on the anime, this fight is actually pretty good in it even if the animation/art is still not great, because belgium EO's voice actor is fantastic and it expands on stuff a bit.

Here's the first part of it that it expands on, starting from what happened last volume. By the time you finish watching the video, i'll have dumped the page the video ends on:

drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxi90CWdsCj3Tm1Rcl9ZSjQwZ1E/view

Just watch it in browser, you don't need to download the file

I think Won Lei just has a heroic sacrifice fetish, that's all he does really

I believe there are some auto-bump tools anyway

Ganzu and Gou in one spell.

Huh, that's true. I don't think we ever see another ganzu spell with a differeent prefix on top of that

RIP

Seems I got my math wrong, as i'm at the page the video ends but the video isn't over yet if you started to watch it when I posted it

Oh well, not a huge deal

I get the feeling this guy's partner isn't being controlled, that she is instead just crazy.

That's my interpretation of it as well.

This fucking guy

Wait, actually, no, this was the page the video ended on, I did the math right

Won Lei is the Shiryu of Gash Bell.
All he does is get maimed for the team

Terrifying.

Remainder of the fight that the anime improves on:

youtu.be/3H1nqLkPFBo?t=1321

Start at 22 minutes

Fuuuuuuuuuck

Yet the one with the invulnerable body is Folgore. Or at least he's a lot closer to Invulnerable than the Professor.

>tfw the funniest enemy attack in the fight ends up doing crippling damage to the good guy

Typo
>an horrible doctor

Holy shit, that fucking screaming
2gud

I wish the professor had actually died here, to keep the stakes up.

It's pretty great

It begins to burn.

#rekt

The feels

Ironman Folgore.

>that anime version
F-fuck, I'm not crying, I swear
;_;

Current thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=ODAjURBQKVE

(though you should be watching the anime clip)

Can we talk about how fucking strong this spell is? It fucking shreds a hugeass Dioga level spell without getting substantially weakened at all.

It's obviously not shin class level but Kid would have still easily been useful well into the faudo arc even if he didn't get any new spells past this

F

probably one of my favorite spell designs coupled with the Shin version

Also man I really wish that chapter cover page was in color

Man, is Dika Poruku the most useless spell?

Like, if they were fighting Brago, they'd be so fucked.

It's useful the first time you use it against somebody who doesn't know the gimmick as a distraction and to get them to waste spells.

;_;

Is that bubble supposed to be blank?

Can someone explain the classes/tiers of attack spells?

Is this the first time we lose someone from the main team? At the very least it's the first time I got hit really hard in the feels...

F

Get bent Satan.

Does Roppes count?

Not sure, but it's in my notes of shit to look into for my release

It's actually pretty complicated sense it's not just "tiers", but also "types". There's essentially a whole langaage to spell names and more or less every part of a spell name has a meanign describing what the spell does,

The zatch bell wiki has a page that goes over most of it, called Spell Nomenclature, but it has spoilers on it.,

Just in regards to power tiers though, it's

Base spells < Gou- < (Dino- =/= Raja- =/= Teo-) < Gigano < Dioga < Shin

Almost, but he was kinda offscreened. It's way different when one of the good guys gets nuked while in a group fight.

>"Let's go, Folgore-kun, Kanchome-kun!"

Oh, there's also "Ma-" spells, like Tio's Ma Seishirudo and Kid's Mikoruo Ma Zegaruga from , but there's no real pattern for how powerful that is beyond it being more powerful then the stuff other people have in the story at the time they get it (With Ma Seishirudo being able to tank Gigano level spells when she first gets it like 10 volumes before they get common, and Mikoruo Ma Zagaruga beating out a Dioga spell when dioga spells don't get common till next arc)

thanks, added to my corrections list

Really have to wonder how that went untranslated when its such a basic phrase, did they just forget to put it in?

Tia a cute. CUTE
Megumi and LeeYen are looking pretty cute too.

Perhaps they accidentally "hid" this particular text layer prior to saving the page? Who knows.

You get a badass moment
And you get a badass moment

EVERYBODY GETS BADASS MOMENTS

Gee I've seen this guy before

Fuck i forgot how weird this fight was. and how fucking sad holy shit

tfw when to confuse belgium EO with Unko Tin Tin

So I'm wondering. Are all demons just kinda retarded? I know it's played for laughs but demons not being able to see through kanchome's disguises, falling for really simple lies. It just seems no matter how scary or grown they are they all seem to be lacking some cognitive ability.

He's literally 8 year old

FUNNELS

These are literal children fighting, and these ones are literal children stuck in stone for a thousand years.

Shit, I meant 6

They are still children

>not being able to see through kanchome's disguises
That's his true power, to completely fool the heart and mind

Belegum EO is younger then he looks, he's only as old as Gash is

he'd make a good mega man boss

The time has come

So was Zatch Bell a popular manga in Japan?

It sorta feels like the forgotten series sometimes.

used to be. It had toys, anime and video game on sale. For a short time really.

It was popular enough to get an anime, toys and video games.

He kinda already is. Look up Star Man.

This guy is familiar

11/10 Kiyo
This is when I realized Raiku never forgets

That'll learn him to do weird things to statues.

oh cool, his weapon is the rotating shield type so it fits perfectly

there'd be a picture here but you know

>blush

I knew Kiyo fucking around with his stone prison would come back to haunt him.

Huh, I forgot that we see a Ekuseresu this early

I always think of Ekuseresu Zakeruga first

Aw shit

>belgium EO's voice actor is fantastic
I like his dub va as well, it's fuckiung all over the place but matches his character perfectly
It's episode 72 if anyone wants to look for the dub episode

Also, is the guy who has the mini artbook still here?

Fuck just kill my heart

>Kicking his mouth shut mid spell
I wonder if a similar tactic would fuck Gash up too?

This is the first fight that I really feel starts to show Raiku's better skill at fight coregraphy.

It's still nowhere near as good as it'll get in the next two arcs, but there's a lot more "flow" between panels in terms of actions and a sense of movement and weight in each panel already compared to the start of the series

his art is also improved quite a bit by now compared to chapter

>This fucker beat 40 out of 99 demons
>4 of them being pretty OP
>Then lost to ANOTHER demon

That's some crazy power creep.

But if you watch Zatch the lightning usually appears in front of his mouth, not from inside of it

Aw crying kanchome

He gets beat by a team of demons though

Well, that flashback also establishes that in terms of just how well he does in a fight, Goren is at most only right below Pamoon

Not that pamoon is weak or anything (in fact, he'd still do well all throughout the next arc till the end of it), but we still got two arcs to go... Goren probably would have not done even close to as well without being able to turn enemies into stone

>blush
Jesus Christ how horrifying

I see what you mean. I'm in Vol 21 right now, and Kanchome's clone maneuvers are pretty sick.

If it makes you feel better, he was the "big bad" of the last games. He was basically this games clear

Seeing folgore serious is kinda unnerving. Especially with his back story

What's the age range of these demons? This guy doesn't look like a 6 year old and I assume Won Lei is the same age as Lee Yen.

I counted them and they're closer to 50 than 40

>I just watched the anime clip of this
>Now I have to sit through reading it again
This one hit me really hard.

>Lightning wings
Oh man, I fucking wish.

I don't know how old/who the oldest is, but Gash is 6, and Brago/Won lei are 15, for reference.

It's worth noting they can look older then they are. Belegum EO from the start of this volume looks hundreds of years old but he's only as old as gash (aside from the 1000 years in the lithograph)

I want this prequel desperately.

It varies
Some are fairly obviously teenagers
Other giant ones (like our skull faced chair sitting friend from earlier) is only like 6 years old even though he's huge.

Demon world is weird

dog has the life span of 15 years and they could grow like their parents size in 2 years or less. Demon species like dragon could probably reach adult hood in 6 years, but they are still considered infant in the eyes of dragons.

F
;_;

this shit is fucking hlarious.

skull faced chair is probably artificial modified by their parents (remember that the parents of these demon will pull dirty trick in order to win the throne like the centaur demon in the future chapters)

I hope that Stone Golem got Baou'd

Raiku made great use of Sunbeam in the comedy department.

this trash takes forever to start, dozens upon dozens of chapters comprised of the same formulaic villain of the "arc" if you can even call them that. introduce villain, introduce human/demon pair, some sol bullshit, fight, learn a new spell, some origin story for irrelevant characters just as demon about to die, ZAKERU, i'll be a kind demon king i promise. you need to have the patience of a kid to get through this

Don't worry user, we'll be a kind demon king in your place

once I have become a kind demon king, you have my permission to stop shitposting

i don't need to speak lies to shitpost, everything i said is true.

Most series has a fairly repetitive formula
Chances are you just ignore the one in your favorite stories because you enjoy the villains, the bullshit fights, the origin stories and the main characters reason for what they're doing.

>everything I said is true

stop responding

I wish sunbeam was there to look at me sternly whenever I'm about to fuck around.

YEAH I'LL BECOME A KIND KING!!!!!!!

wow it's like the pattern repeats itself and proves me right

>"I don't like a good shonen with amazing characters, notice me demon king"

I mean, it is. It takes FOREVER for the series to escape out of the villian of the week formula, 11 entire volumes.

the only good character i enjoyed was the the invincible folgore, the rest didn't leave an impression

At least you have excellent taste.

here it comes the big boy zakeru!!!

BAOU ZAKE-JOBBER-UGA

Seriously this spell got power crept super quick.

The pacing was perfect for me. Every time a show escalates like this, I'm left wanting for more casual monster hunting with muh development included.

Kiyo's eyes are just slightly uneven here.

YEAHHHHHHHHHHH ZAKERUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i get hyped for this trash every time

>that entire page
manly tears
fuck zophise tho

>It sorta feels like the forgotten series sometimes.
It's an old series, unless you're extremely popular or iconic it will tend to be forgotten by most folks just like many other series.

I say Gash Bell is like a tier below. Not famous or iconic where you see normalfags bringing it up when talking about anime but well recognize enough that people will know what you're talking about when you bring up Gash Bell. I put it popularity in the same camp as Shamen king and Eyeshield 21.

Its revealed later that bao zakeruga is like the most op spell ever given enough energy and it becomes a plot point

Personally I'm glad that Baou got power creep'd. Things would have gotten old pretty fast if every fight automatically ended with it.

This spell gets real good treatment. Even appearance changes, that's the kind of thing that keeps the story fresh

I liked it better when I was under the impression that Zophise is a chick.

Manga used to sell 700k. It also got a long running anime, movies, some games, toys and many other merchandises. It was a popular franchise, just not the same level of Naruto, Bleach or One Piece. I would put it in the same level as Eyeshield 21 or Shaman King.

Come to think of it, Gash took Shin Kuria's face straight on, didn't he? Well...until Ashuron saved his ass.

You know, pretty much everyone's ultimate spells have faces, heads, bodies, whatever.

What's up with that?

I think it's pretty neat. Its like a summoning of the spell lines embodiment of god or someshit, I dunno.

Kaiju battles

Pretty much

Fuck, I swear to god that was just a coincidence.

Lol I love how we see this spell later on

It's like the Hamon and Stand thing, a evolution of his own power.

Speaking of, Eyeshield 21 as the next story time manga?

I know this got an anime original ending, but is there a certain point where it branches off or are there significant differences throughout?

I think about halfway through the next arc.

There are differences throughout the anime series with the last cour being entirely different. The anime adds alot of fluff and filler which I personally loved, but the first couple of arcs / ~100 episodes are relatively faithful to the manga.

Eyeshield 21 re-anime when? It was quality garbage for the talent and effort that went into it

I want the Madhouse treatment on Eyeshield 21 like what they did with Hunter X Hunter, those guys are a perfect match for Murata's art style as shown in the One Punch Man adaption. I wouldn't mind a brand new voice cast as well.

The only filler that I consider garbage isZophise's moonstone barrier and Gash and the others being involved in the Zophise fight

And there's horrible mistake number 1

Forgot this spell was awesome

Thanks. I really wanted to rewatch the anime, but I'd never actually read the manga either.

Also am I the only one who prefers a lot of the dub names over the originals?

I like Madhouse's art style a lot, especially One Outs, and the FKMT adaptions, but i hear there was a ton of stills and shoddy animation for HxH adaption.

If someone were to adapt Eyeshield, they would need a really good budget and competent director for it because its pretty much nonstop animation the whole way through.

Best boy

Is there any explained reason why Zofis can randomly fly?
Is it a spell? Or just an inert demon ability he has?

>Kiro gripping the book
Best boy

>am I the only one?
Statistically improbable.

Seems to just be an innate thing, like Gash and Brago's insane strength and Zophis being able to manipulate hearts.

I also think the dub names for characters and especially spells are better

most spell names are just translitterated engrish anyways, so actually fixing them to be english works better then leaving them as is

Gurabirei into Gravirei, since it's a gravity spell, and "Gurabi" is meant to sound like Gravi

Kureido into Claydo, since it's a clay spell, and "kurei" is meant to sound like "clay"

etc

>just burning the book
Well, thank goodness he wasn't turned to stone.

I prefer some of the dub spell names as well.

user...

Well Victoreem could separate his body without a spell. It seems there are a few innate demon powers.

RIP

>trying to be Zeon

Zeon could probably solo Zofis with just Zaker.

Yeah sorry for that. I always do that even though its retarded.

Gash makes me think of vagina so if I'm ever talking about the series I'll say Zatch instead.
Tio is spanish for uncle or something if I remember correctly from middle school, so that bugged me when I first watched it.

Oh god I remember this part
*HYPE INTENSIFIES*

>all that blocked by one arm

Weak ass demons here.

>knocks away a spell with his fist like it's nothing
Gash has come a long way.

Not sure if I prefer them, but I always refer to them as their dub names mentally.

>a spell

That was four spells.

>This insufferable bitch is back
Just end it.

Time to get fucked up.

>Garon
>Biraitsu

Wow. Those spells really were quite common among demons, eh.

This goddamn bitch is annoying as fuck, even in the next arc is still a pain in the ass.

TIME FOR GRAVITY

Wait, wasn't that pixie's book burned earlier?
Wasn't it one of the 3 that attacked Gash at the very beginning of this arc?

Aw yeah, get fucked.

This is where the fun begins.

Oh baby, it's time for Brago/Sherry.

Fuck ;_;

Rude.

Never changes Sherry, never changes.

Sherry is wonderful. Why does this series have so many great girls? Megumi, Koruru, Reira, etc.

Pssh, nothin' personnel.

Man, Brago's gonna job super hard isn't he.

>wasting a spell to just shove someone aside

Oh yeah, the vampire killer

>job
Quit shitposting.

If only you knew.

>good to see your still in the game
>now fuck off

1st spell, bet she can cast it indefinitely by now.

youtube.com/watch?v=1Xi2xtLNyFo

>Brago
>jobbing
Honestly he's probably the only mamado in the series who doesn't job once.

I am now convinced that Sherry is Julius Belmont's daughter or at least close relative.

I guess I'll just keep reading.

But man, he just seems so hyped up, but at the same time so is Zophis. Zophis looking like Freeza doesn't help.

Ctrl S

Shh, spoilers

Also he jobs to clear note, remember?

I remember loving the Faudo(?) arc so much years ago. Now I kinda want to reread this

At least he got to see some panties

Brago is the most badass mamodo in the entire series, Zophis is just a colossal cunt.

youtube.com/watch?v=y9D-YI7B1QU

What the fuck does jobbing mean anyway? I thought it was like doing very poorly or out of character in a fight to make the other dude look strong, in which case Brago doesn't apply since he really fucks up Clear and doesn't look like a loser at all

But honestly who doesn't?

>implying she isn't wearing a petticoat that would obscure the view.

Sherry's a fucking machine.

That's what it means, and he does: I mean the first time, not the second

Essentially a jobber is a character thats recognized as being strong but gets defeated all the time to show how strong the opponent is.

So, literally Vegeta

Another one of my favorite pages in the series

>Sherry just kicking a Demon's attack away
I will always love this girl

Brago has the weirdest prefixes on his spells.

>Sherry will never dominate you
why live

Zeons one-sided beat down of Zophise would've been glorious.

At least you wouldn't jump off a bridge right? Unless that was from another series.

The pixie survived that battle. Patty said that the owner barely managed to protect the book and both the pixie and book owner were carried away by the flying demon

Nope, it's from this series

>that knee to the face
>that GROOVY pose
how can one girl be so best

IMO this is the pair's best moment in the series. Showing off the perfect team in strength and coordination of both bookkeeper and demon.
NO WEAKNESS

[Brago] has no weaknesses!
[AIAN GURABIREI]

Cmon OP, my dick can't hold on any longer

OP's friend here, he just got shot.

OP stop hanging out with niggers

OP's mum here, it's milky time. He wont be too much longer.

Rest in RIP

The anime's handling if this spell is fucking amazing, the demon's getting fucked automtically setting the books on fire aside:

drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxi90CWdsCj3YlJrRU9Kc2s3VUk

However, it really irks my autism that the spell is "Baberuga Gravidon" and not "Baberuga Gravirei". Up untill now. "Reisu" spells have all been gravity balls or blasts as projects "Gravirei/Gurabirei" spells as gravity fields, like this, and 'Gravidon/Gurabidon" spells where you have a single high gravity point that just shreds everything around it in a sphere, like a black hole

but from here on out Gravidon ends up being used both for downward gravity fields and for black hole like technqiues

How do they hold a book like that when facing down?

With their thumbs

I used to try doing that in my middle school years thanks to this series. It's difficult but not impossible.

>Gash and co scared shitless
Yep.

Also, eat shit Zophise.

This begs the question. What would Victoreem's race in the Demon world be like?

Hah.

I always liked that soulless look in Sherry eyes in moments like these

damn dude!

it always rubs me the wrong way illustrarions or things like this berating people for what can be considered likes or obsessions.

i mean, he has a right to do it, but it is really necessary?

I like that Raiku's not afraid to call out peoples shit when he sees it.

Raiku is so childish, petty and immature. I love him.

Its necessary though. If he doesn't put a stop to it straight away then the poor imitations will just keep on coming. There's zero creativity in this type of thing.

>Raiku's comments aren't translated this volume
They were half the fun.

Me on the top left.

[ ] Not told
[ ] Told
[X] TOLDASAURUS REKT
[X] Cash4told.com
[X] No country for told men
[X] Knights of the told Republic
[X] ToldSpice
[x] Countold Strike
[x] Unreal Toldament
[X] Half Life 2: Episode Told
[X] Roller Coaster Toldcoon
[x] Battletolds
[x] S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shatold of Chernobyl
[X] Toldasauraus Rex 2: Electric Toldaloo
[X] Pokemon Told and Silver
[x] The Legend of Eldorado : The Lost City of Told
[X] Rampage: Toldal Destruction
[x] Told Fortress Classic
[X] The Good, The Bad, and The Told
[x] Mario Golf: Toldstool Tour
[X] Super Told Boy
[x] Onetoldman
[x] Portold 2
[X] Dragon Ball Z Toldkaichi Budokai
[x] The Told Ends With You
[x] Leo Toldstoy
[X] 3D Dot Told Heroes
[x] J.R.R Toldkien’s Lord of the Told
[x] Told you that ps3 has no games
[x] Rome: Toldal War
[x] Guilty Gear XX Accent Told
[x] Cyndaquil, Chicorita, and Toldodile
[x] http//:www.youtold.com
[x] Tolden Sun: Dark Dawn
[x] Tic-Tac-Told
[X] Biotold 2
[X] Toldbound
[X] Told-A Gundam
[X] Tengen Toppa Gurren Toldan
[X] 5 Tolds per Second
[X] A Town where you're Told
[X] Grab a coat baby, it's very told outside
[X] Boku no Told Academia
[X] Hokutold no Ken
[X] Toldami Galaxy
[X] 20th Century Tolds

good point, i imagine this is also for the influx of vulkan clones from last time...

but still, at least to me, these kinds of things kinda hurt, what did i do to read such a berating message? i didnt do anything! i was just reading a manga or watching an image!

guess its just me tho...

"don" is suffix for big
like tia seshirudon

Honestly he's not being that mean, he's even having fun with it and giving the fans something to participate in and a giveaway in return for their love of the V

That's just it though. This is supposed to be a design contest, not a deviant-art circle jerk. It needed to be said.
Stop taking things you read seriously, you child.

End of volume 15

Next volume has my second favorite demon after Kolulu and my favorite fight in the whole series

Wait till we get to the volume where he finds out someone's winning entry was copy-pasted shit from a vidya character.

NO MERCY

jobbing is when you take a character established early on to be incredibly powerful/skilled, and have them just get #rekt in a fight to show off how powerful the new enemy is.

See:
Worf(star trek TNG)
Vegeta(DBZ)
Chad(Bleach)
the Martian Manhunter(DC comics)
Wolverine(Marvel Comics)
Gaara(Naruto)
Sanji(One Piece)

Which volume is it?

ok, now that is actually worthy of a good berating...

Oh I remember that, ha, can't wait.

Which one? I want to see.

SOON

man, the aesthetic similarities between Zophise and Freeza are shocking, and you really see it in pages like this.

Zophise arc is great but I'm ready for Ted and Earf.

isn't the middle left just a yugioh card? I think it's wood sprite iirc

Much thanks.

Vol. 20

yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Woodland_Sprite
yyyyyyup.

Thanks as always, OP.

I love when the villains shit talk kiyo and gash's face. They always get so fucking pissed.

Thanks OP!
>Next volume has my second favorite demon
The big one?

My favorite one is Leila, such a cutie.

The resemblance is uncanny!

no dignity

What really gets to me is that not only did he totally steal the design, he also couldn't even come up with a good name, its literally just "Leaf"

>my second favorite demon

Leila?

>Personality: Calm.
>Smart.
>Lives in the forest.
Clearly a lot of thought was involved in this.

So apparently this is the one? I think it's this one.

Or one of these.

that bottom left is a fucking digimon.

Looks pretty generic, wonder what was stolen.
He did say the winner, so it's gotta be first place.

Demolt, leila was already introduced

Leila and Kanchoume were my favourite daemons in the series.

clear was such an asspull

all other main bosses up until then felt thoroughly explained beforehand. but clear came out of nowhere and was supposed to be this big shit.

>yfw Leila will never give you a tight hug and a kiss on the cheek

>yfw you will never put an arm around leila reassuringly and promise her that she won't have to hurt anyone or be alone again

Stop, you guys are making me sad.

Reading this makes me want to draw hentai.

Any shirtless Kiyo after volume 9?

Brago's only job in the Clear Note fight is just to be a distraction for Gash and Kiyo. He was fucking useless there.

Give me some Sherry hentai I need some in my life

Speaking of this, in the next volume (?) he mentions that he does bring Victoreem back for a 6 page special in the magazine. Do you have them?

I have absolutely no clue

>Sherry doujin
>it's NTR

exhentai.org/g/76389/ce14337b76/

OP here, were you guys all able to view the webm I linked in ?

my email says a bunch of people requested access to the file, but you shouldn't need to request access?

Needs more Sherry and possessed Koko.

Yea we had no access, but it seems to work now

No problems here.

Yeah Zophis, why DID you burn his book?

Fuck yes, we've finally reached the prolonged emotional rollercoaster that is volume 16 and 17

so was Kiyo's loss of his answer-talker ability the biggest copout in the franchise?

He never lost it.

No, the biggest cop-out was the golden book

but it was hype as fuck so I don't mind

Getting answer-talker in the first place was a massive copout.

spoilers user

true, but then losing it after...what, a day of fooling around with it?

Don't click this if you haven't finished the series. I'm warning you.

Two more down.

Did I miss anyone so far?

You forgot to cross out the anime only's and generic 's

Even though he doesn't exist in the manga until his very minor appearance at the end, the orange haired wind user flying next to Victoreem should be crossed out at this point, I believe.

Unlike Shiryu Won Lei has won fights without having to sacrifice himself.

Yeah I was thinking about that, I'll just cross all of them after this arc ends since the final 30 or so are actually known after this

Where's star guy?

The ability predicted a 50/50 chance of winning during the Brago fight.

bottom right, second row. next to leila, just on the other side of Zeon.

Are Zophis, Earth, and Keith related?

They've all got the weird face pattern things.

Why does this hit me so hard
He's not even dying

He sorta is.

It was a final boss moment. At least it was at the end.

Stop that!
It's because he just poured all of his efforts and gave up the chance to be king for the greater good, besides growing thanks to the deepest bonds you can have with a friend.
Eh, that one was perfectly fine, since the source of the demons' power is literally muh feelings, and Gash had become friends with everyone so it made sense that they wanted to help him win the battle for survival

youtube.com/watch?v=8JYOBSNW0yM

anime does it differently

15 demons were unaccounted for in the end (not sure including the anime only ones which Makoto may have said were canon).

I've been trying to find out who the final 10 were, but I can't find them all; would you please help?
I know 4 are the main group, 1 is Brago, 1 is Clear, 1 is Gorm, 1 is Ashuron

Rereading the Kid fight, I forgot how often this series made me tear up like a bitch whenever someone has to go away, even if they were a huge annoying nigger, the farewell and flashbacks are always great

There's papipurio
Crazy to think he of all people made it that far

Earth and Papi

Oh shit I completely forgot about that nigger. Thanks for reminding me, anons.

That makes me think, what if one replaced every instance of demon with nigger
>He's returned to the nigger world..
>Go my millennium niggers!
>This nigger is strong!

It wasn't really a cop-out since its basically the culmination of Gash becoming a king that rules through kindness and the support of his people

I think its a reasonable power up that's basically just an extension of Kiyo's top tier battle sense and ability to analyze situations. Plus the fact that he actually has to work to maintain it afterwards

Fantastic.

>even the smallest sound can get you targeted
>proceeds to shout instructions to Umagon

never made sense to me

>watch the dubbed version of the first fight in this volume, right after the original (I'm Mex-Jap and know Japanese)
>the dub has shitty music and Kid's VA is godawful and whoever wrote his lines needs to be shot

At least the other dub actors were decent, too bad Kid was the main focus, so it turned out awful in the end.

OP here, I think kid's dub voice is fine

Though maybe his video game english VA is different from the anime one. I know that's the case with Gash and Victoreem, and the game actors/recordings are way better.

>(I'm Mex-Jap and know Japanese)
That's the oddest combination of nationalities i've heard in a while. If you don't mind sharing, how did your parents meet?

Also, would you be willing to help translate the two databooks? I ordered them a few days ago, and i'd like to be able to dump scans or at least just translations of them with the last volume

>when the running gag isn't funny anymore

I love how he knows what the spell is without reading it.

does anyone have lossless versions of the OPs?

It feels like we've lost Kiddo so fast...

I like how Raiku calls them out for not being creative and just copying what is essentially a meme character at the time.