character can defy destiny/fate itself

> character can defy destiny/fate itself

That's not how it works, you non-elect.

It's easy to defy something that doesn't exist.

Calvinism has to be the worst Christianity branch out there desu.

pretty much.

>can predict, see and alter every single future
>gets hit by an arrow

how does this work

Great man history vs the end of history

If an author is a god of his creation and he writes a character that defies fate isn't he merely following the fate left for him by the author. I think about that whenever I get to think about the way Guts defies the fate of the Godhand and the Idea of Evil in Berserk.

KUBOOOOOOOOO
THE RIDE NEVER ENDS
EXPECT BLEACH SHIPPUDEN

Sometimes the author isn't god but merely a demiurge, forces outside the author's control (editors and fans) can conspire to force his hand regarding a character.

Casual.

While you are correct and you cannot change fate given that would just mean "You fate was to change fate" and even the Almighty technically couldn't escape that.
The power to defy fate would better be recognized as "the power to change the current course to a different one"

You have a point. When it gets out into the public subconscious it changes based on each individual's perspective and collective feedback. Plus, especially when it comes to manga, the author changes over time. His initial wants and rewards change how the story will be written in addition to the weights of others pulling at the fabric to how they want the story.

Why are you quoting the plot to the second-last arc of Medaka Box?

>Calvin

Good, now enter the Rabbit hole, consider that Calvinism continued to evolve and post-calvinists walk among us. Harvard never stopped being a seminary school, they evolved camouflage when their devotion to holiness bore fruit as they finally declared themselves holier than god.

Ideological cladistics, think, who is it that declare history is on a predetermined path and they are on the right side of it.

>All images and resulting discussion should pertain to anime or manga.

The only fateful thing is these dubs.

KICK LOGIC TO THE CURB AND DO THE IMPOSSIBLE

Fuck off Calvin

What does non elect mean,

We're exploring the deeper aspects of writing which is highly abstract and connects back to western traditions especially since that's the lens we see through, this has at least as much to do with anime and manga as random titillating drawings done in a particular style.

Who cares as long as it is cool.

wooooo

JUSTICE IS OVER

Notice me Augustine-senpai!

Most impressive.

Holy
moley

Fate/destiny is a common folk's term for determinism.

The universe runs on soft determinism.

>calvinists
Hitler should have bombed Switzerland to Oblivion

>The universe runs on soft determinism
[citation needed]

the universe runs on occasionalism

prove me wrong