Takamura General

Been re-watching Hajime no Ippo for the 3rd time and this motherfucker in his jp title match was such a monster. Takamura is imo one of the best side characters in anime overall.

On that note I would personally put Ippo in an objective top 10 anime do others share this consensus?

Also manga fags do you find the manga to be worth reading if someone's viewed the anime? Been considering picking it up but since I haven't heard anything about another series and want to follow where Rising left off.

Thread music: youtube.com/watch?v=3AtIhuKn2No

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rapewtS7bcE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>general
>:(

You look mad user.

To be fair if someone deserves a general it's Takamura.

In the top 10 sport anime, sure. Top 10 anime, no.

Of course it is. Read it from the start like a MAN.

Takamura vs. Bryan Hawke is still my favorite anime fight ever.

youtube.com/watch?v=rapewtS7bcE

Even though this ED was just a slideshow, it was so fucking good. It was perfect after big fights.

I still want Takamura to fight someone like Aoki and lose. Maybe that's going to be the heavyweight champion.

Frankly i prefer the Eagle fight, he was a cool dude and i liked the idea that Takamura was a bit scared because he had the same eyes as Ippo.

Ippo is, and will be for a long time, in my top 5 anime. It inspires so much motivation in me when i watch it. for me its a genuine 10/10 anime

He's not even the best side character in Ippo.

The manga is in a weird place right now, it seems to be stressing boxing injures a lot, every single character is talking about retirement, and Ippo is being constantly pressured into getting blood lust, it's completely phased out the slice of life element and it's all honestly not fun to read anymore.
I miss the more emotion heavy moments in the beginning, characters going out in the world and interacting with each other.
Ippo lately has lost it's slice of life element which was at least half of the manga but now it's just 90% focusing on the fights/training with 10% being on boxing drama.
I honestly wouldn't recommend reading it, wait for another anime season or something.

Man it isn't even that long ago that we had a lot of slice of life shenanigans, particularly Takamura fucking around after the Bison fight, or when Ippo went with Sendo to talk with his teacher.

>takamura
>side character

Friendly reminder that RBJ should have won his match vs Ichirou and should have been Makunouchi's next target. Miyata and Gonzales are a mistake.

I don't think Gonzales was a mistake, but Miyata definitively should've lost. That entire fight was complete bullshit, first it was bullshit that Randy kept getting super counters to the face but he could keep going, and then it was complete bullshit that Miyata could keep fighting after Randy ripped his ribs out.

is there a list of only fights episodes for every season or atleast Rising cause i dont give a shit about backstory of people who jobs to ippo or takamura

This. /thread.

Eiji Date vs Ricardo Martinez was one of my favorite fights in anime. Takamura is also great, but Ippo himself is such an ubercuck that it eventually becomes somewhat impossible to keep liking him.

Everything involving Date is awesome

they got btfo after that though.

Shut the hell up Fuckamura

What are your top 10s?

1a. slam dunk
1b. hajime no ippo
2 - 10: nothing worth mentioning

takamura is the 2nd best anime character of all time