The majority of seasonal anime has been shit for like 3 or 4 years now, I think...

Samuel Wright
Samuel Wright

The majority of seasonal anime has been shit for like 3 or 4 years now, I think I'm just going to skip next season. What year should I watch anime from instead?

Hunter Martin
Hunter Martin

The majority of seasonal anime has been shit forever. Going back to the 70s all anime is either a Tomino mecha, a Go Nagi mecha, a Leiji adaptation, or a show made for five year olds.
Everything in the 80s is either Gundam, a fantasy mecha, a transformable mecha, a forgettable OVA that looks nice but is awful anytime anyone opens their mouth, a hundred episode long running series, or a Rumiko Takahashi adaptation.
The 90s are children's cartoons, shows with 0 shading, brave shows, really shitty harems, or "experimental" shows that rode the inflation bubble for the years before the economy collapsed.
Take your pick.

Kevin Long
Kevin Long

anime has always been mediocre. either go with the flow or quit watching anime.

Justin Cruz
Justin Cruz

blood blockade battlefront and death parade was really good.

Nicholas Wilson
Nicholas Wilson

Nolan Williams
Nolan Williams

But user, Xebec is putting out a new show this season.

Carson King
Carson King

I would pick 90s-00s honestly.

Hunter Carter
Hunter Carter

Xebec really needs to quit making titty cartoons and focus exclusively on sci-fi and mecha. Fafner needs another movie.

Angel Ramirez
Angel Ramirez

I can't be bothered to watch anything seasonal these days. I had high hopes for Amanchu, but the awful yuribaiting turned me off immediately. And isekai garbage is out of the question.

Maybe 3gatsu will deliver. Hibike might be okay too but that's highly dependent on whether the yurifags sperg out.

Joseph Bell
Joseph Bell

This. Anime has been at its best between 1995 and 2008.

Wyatt Nguyen
Wyatt Nguyen

The majority of seasonal anime has been shit for like 3 or 4 years now
I remember reading this back in 2011.

Brandon Gonzalez
Brandon Gonzalez

3 or 4 years now
he didn't watch Ping Pong with Cred Forums
your loss user

Robert Gonzalez
Robert Gonzalez

watching stuff with Cred Forums
Possibly the most autistic thing you can do. Just watch the goddamn thing you friendless wreck.

Anthony Jackson
Anthony Jackson

Sugoi recommendation thread, senpai.

Boku no Pico.

Logan Reed
Logan Reed

Are you kidding? Every single thread was calling it pretentious garbage and braindead shitposters were spamming the threads with complaints about the OP not being animated properly.

The threads only became bearable after half the season was over.

Ayden Roberts
Ayden Roberts

Going back to the 70s all anime is either a Tomino mecha, a Go Nagi mecha, a Leiji adaptation, or a show made for five year olds.
Ashita no Joe, Versailles no Bara, Gatchaman (and among Gatchaman many other less successful shows that Tatsunoko created for guys finishing high school and starting college), Future Boy Conan, Lupin the IIIrd. Yes, everything is a show made for five years old.
Heck, even among the "shows made for five years old" you despise so much there were some great ones like Heidi or 3000 Leagus in Search of Mother. And some legitimate good children animation that helped define assorted genres, specially in the Mahou Shoujo area.

Connor Martin
Connor Martin

Nice reaction image you've got there. Now go back.

Wyatt Cruz
Wyatt Cruz

You're mad that he posted an image on an imageboard?

Jordan Campbell
Jordan Campbell

There isn't much good quality anime with supreme storytelling so bite the bullet and sit through the seasons you entitled piece of shit

Nolan Bailey
Nolan Bailey

Another one for my filter.

Ryder Nguyen
Ryder Nguyen

triggered

Nicholas Powell
Nicholas Powell

Nice job proving your crossboard faggotry.

Chase Fisher
Chase Fisher

Japanese Cartoons wasnt shit 4 years before
ever

Elijah Bell
Elijah Bell

you're just getting old grandpa

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit