What is up with Japanese and German words? Why do they like inserting german words in anime so much? To sound fancy?

What is up with Japanese and German words? Why do they like inserting german words in anime so much? To sound fancy?

Why the fuck shouldn't they?
Just because German is inherently incompatible with the way Japanese people are trained to speak?

Loanwords are always sexy to the youth.

Axis power buddies.

Why do they always use german, then?

They use more English than German though.

Might have something to do with the large amount of german industries that exist in Asia?

They use russian pretty often. I always hear them swearing like "aaah SUKA".

Explain.

Why do americans love using french words so much?

do you think hifumi would be pro-northern expansion doctrine or southern expansion

WW2 jackass

thread over.

It's not as common as English and is full of syllables and sounds that aren't in the Japanese vocabulary, thus making them more exotic

There was a time when French was an important language to learn but sadly not so much these days. Looks like they still stuck to learning French.

They should replace it with learning Japanese or Mandarin.

Japanese isn't that relevant, actually. Most people learn the languages with the most speakers - not to be able to communicate with the few.

You can expect Mandarin and Spanish to bloom soon (if they haven't already over there).

>Most people learn the languages with the most speakers
No.
Most people learn the languages that would be locally useful to know.
Danes learn English and German.
Germans learn English and French (and Russian if they're East Germans). Asians learn Chinese.
Americans learn nothing because fuck the rest of the world. You're supposed to speak English.

In the early 19th century French was the language of diplomacy and the aristocracy all across Europe. All members of the aristocracy and the bourgeois could speak French, and many used it at home instead of their native tongue (this was especially true for Russia).

Because of this, the French language is associated with sophistication and class. Even here in New Zealand the shops tailored towards rich people feature french words.

I think Japan's fetish for German comes from the fact that German to them seems to capture a more rustic European aesthetic to the Japanese. Christian crusaders, knights on horseback, kings and castles, etc.

kek

This.

As a moonspeaker, I can't think off the top of my head of a single german word commonly used in Japanese aside from arubaito, when I could easily think of several loan words from English.

2wei
2wei herz
3rei

Ruckosacko.

Which is funny because japanese pronounciation is pretty similar to german. Making i easier to learn japanese as a native germanspeaker.

yeah well, it might be easier for germans to learn japanese, but for japanese people it is actually rather difficult to learn german, as german includes sounds japanese does not.

Consider the following:
If it weren't for WW1+2 learning german would be considered normal compared to spanish, mandarin or french.

Most think the German language sounds harsh and agressive because they only ever hear it in war movies from shouting soldiers.

I really don't feel like america uses french words any more often than any other well known foreign language.

Though considering we border canada so much, where french is one of their national languages, it would make sense I suppose.

Blyat

>itt krauts try to pretend japan cares more about them than they really do

I personally blame Anno and Evangelion for this.

German sounds cool.
What more to it is there?

Germany was Japan's senpai in WW2
Japan is pretty chuuni so it always tries to copy the cool things Germany used to say

>Which is funny because japanese pronounciation is pretty similar to german.
I hope your town is visited by a hundred thousand Japanese tourists who try and fail to pronounce German. And that you step on a lego.

Back in the 19th century, Germany saw Japan as humans rather than yellow island monkeys.

Anyone saying WW2 probably believes in the nuke meme aswell.

>I don't know anything about Japanese history but still want to throw my useless and wrong "opinion" around

Axis buddies are best buddies

>You will never form a triumvirate and launch your own war of conquest

Schwarzkopf

>Americans learn nothing because fuck the rest of the world
They don't even speak proper English.

I'm from vienna and I hear japs just love that. I rarely see them but that's probably because I never go to popular sightseeing places.

Really? Japanese pronunciation is so simple that they have trouble speaking pretty much every other language.

It's cool and edgy, even more so than English. Or maybe the writer just wants to be extra pretentious.

This question has been asked many times, but I haven't seen any believable answer yet.
Is it really because of the Axis alliance?

lol they cant even say tube they say "TOOOOB" lmao choice kek top o the mornin to ye

>Is it really because of the Axis alliance?
yes
is that really so hard to believe?

That's a stereotype.

Spanish is one of the most important languages for Americans to learn it is known that they'll earn higher languages if they do.

have you ever heard a girl speaking german? might aswell be speaking orcish

Dumb meme that ignores the regional differences from Australia, NZ, and Ireland while touting that a proper English exists without something like Real Academia Española or Académie Française and a phonetic orthography. Let's not even get into the ludicrous amount of regional accents and dialects in Britain alone that somehow get a free pass despite possessing many of the "problems" that exist in American English.

No.

Japanese has loan words from all over the place, but especially English. They don't even particularly have a lot of German loan words.

Yes.
My country was in the Axis as well, but we don't feel any kind of connection to Germany nowadays, apart from edgy alt-righters whose opinion doesn't matter anyway.

What's the deal with airline food?

>Is it really because of the Axis alliance?

Why would it be anything else? they where close allies in one of the biggest events the world has ever seen. If course there's gonna be some spill over culturally.

What Im curious about is how Germany views Japanese and Italian culture. Italian is hardly as exotic and everyone loves pasta but I wonder if Japan had any influence on the krauts

well japan isn't like the rest europe, it's an isolationist nation who all its neighbors hate and germany was the closest thing to an ally they've had in the last century unless you count america after they nuked them

Someone post a video of the German with the daki harem.

Must seem that way if all you get to hear from them is "Verpiss dich, Schwuchtel!"

Maybe we should ask the Japs on Cred Forums about it?

If you mean Melonpan, he's Swiss.

I wonder too. Obviously they have never heard a vienna accent which is the crudest shit you'll ever hear from any language even without swearing.

The English language is more full of words like that than any other language probably, especially in America. It's just really noticeable in Japanese because of how little they do it.

I'd expand in her southern direction if you know what I mean

i get triggered when americans say niche and always say "nitch"

Who the fuck is this nut?

>What is up with English speakers and French words? Why do they like inserting french words in conversation so much? To sound fancy?

>What is up with Americans and Spanish words? Why do they like inserting Mexicans in their country so much? To look tolerant?

>Why do they like inserting Mexicans in their country so much?

Nah, more 'cause they'll pick fruit and do landscaping work for cheap.

>proxyfags, english teacher pedos, army rapists and a halfie

English has more German loanwords than Japanese BY FAR. And Japanese has more English loanwords, again, BY FAR. So what the shit, thread?

German was one of the prominent languages during the Meiji restoration, which was when Japan started to leave isolation.

why do peenoise love mixing english into their language?

being japanese is uncool, anything foreign is cool