It's 2016 and the anime industry still has yet to produce a work superior to Neon Genesis Evangelion

It's 2016 and the anime industry still has yet to produce a work superior to Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Why?

one word bro

macross delta

That's a really neat pic.
Where did you get it?

It took over two decades, but they finally did it

What's wrong with Space Dandy? That's probably been the best thing this decade with Kill la kill being 2nd. I'm sure My opinion will change when the decade ends and I review my massive backlog to say otherwise.

But yeah; dandy is tough to top. That's one of the best in years.

When I look at Gurren Lagan, I liked it up to the time skip, where it sucked. That series should have just been a season long. It died after genome was defeated. The final battle scene should have just been used for him and chop off a few filler eps in the beginning. This series would have been perfect as a one season series. Going longer killed it. It really sucked bad after.

being gay and a mental case isn't that big of a deal anymore.

Anno really only wanted attention.

pathetic that he continues to try and stay relevant like miyazaki and bill watterson. Just retire already and stop seeking attention from the world you hate.

>Space Dandy
I'll give you a (you) for putting this much effort into b8

Re:Zero is way better. Better protagonist because Subaru is not a total pussy but still gets affected by psychological damage.

From the internet.

Code Geass already surpassed NGE, now we are desperately searching for another work like Code Geass

UBW did though.

You can't name one thing NGE did better than UBW other than "muh r9k and nostalgia".

Is this the smug face thread?

Otaku pandering because Otaku spend retarded amounts of money on the shitty regurgiated derivative works that is current times anime.

Madoka is superior in literally everything

Uhhhh you forgot about High School DxD

This feels like bait, but I actually liked Space Dandy and Kill la Kill, so if it's bait, I feel bad :(

Oh god I preferred the first half of Gurren as well. Are my tastes so bad they're bait incarnate???

So many to choose from, dear OP.

Not even the best Gainax

Get back to me when they remake it in HD with 16:9. And less bland colors. I honestly cant watch old standard res anime anymore

Because you have shit taste and you're stuck in the past.

Pic unrelated.

There have been several over the years user, you just need to drop NGE from its made up pedestal and nostalgia goggles.

But user, Anno's fuck buddy made something better than Eva just 2 years later.

Because even if such a thing was made, you'd think its shit just to be contrarian.

It can if you want it to be.

you need to be 18 or older to post here

This.