youtube.com/watch?v=QXrriGaQm0U
youtube.com/watch?v=qYIw2d44IEo
youtube.com/watch?v=if9lnZwv_H0
youtube.com/watch?v=Yi8nWgeAbFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=VrBfWHEg6ps
youtube.com/watch?v=zs474lPgO54
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Gurren Lagann of course

Gurren Lagann has a bigger scale and animation, but Kill la Kill has better characters and music.

>anime about mechas, friendship, and love.
vs
>SJW anime
Gee user.

How is KLK a SJW anime?

Which song is better?

Guran Lagaan is a modern day classic while kill la kill was above average.

When did I say KLK is a SJW anime?

We been here, GL is the much better anime and always has been.

Kill La Kill is great but not on that level.

Reminds me of Cowboy Bebop and Space Dandy. Bebop will be timeless while Space Dandy is a unique anime that needs time to make it more appreciated.

As of now GL 9/10

KLK 8/10.

Not losing your way is nice, but I still prefer to row

Kill La Kill, for managing to stick to it's premise and ideals and not shitting the bed halfway through.

Only major weakness is that only one death has any impact, whereas TTGL slaughtered named characters left and right, KLK pussed out on all but one.

KLK is cuter. What self respecting Cred Forumsnon would care about anything else?

gurren lagann! it had less filler more awesomeness.

Lucky star

Mecha anime are trash by default, so I'll go with KLK

Though they should have just completely cut out parts of klk because so much of it is irrelevant filler

Kill la Kill cause they don't killed the best character in the early episodes.

lol

you guys are getting creative

TTGL because it doesn't shit the bed after the first half of the show.
I guess ripping off Getter Robo was a good idea after all.

Nia or Yoko?

ROW ROW

Libera me from hell

Klk.

On another note, what's that manga with that guy who was not smart, beautiful or popular but wanted to btfo those who were?

Kill La Kill would've been great if it was better paced. It feels like a 12-14 episode series stretched way too thin. There's a lot of backtracking, especially after the tournament arc.

As it stands it's an enjoyable, fun show with some nice highs but a lot of middling downtime.

TTGL is definitely the better show.

Nia~~~

youtube.com/watch?v=AkTche1J7O0

the one with the better opening

Yoko all the way. Pure maiden who never got drilled.

Only Cred Forums likes KLK. Everyone else prefers GL.

>Cred Forums likes KLK
Good joke/

>Which series is better?

I´m too busy imagining what a GL/KLK crossover would be like to care about petty fanboyism.

Name one good Gurren Lagann character

Protip: you can't

>which turd is more edible

Laggen is trash that takes 7 episodes to get halfway good.

>random rapping in the middle o an otherwise good song
Definitely not Lose my weight.

>never got drilled
only because Kamina and Kittan kicked the bucket earlier

Kill La Kill was a desperate attempt to repeat Gurren Lagann and it failed.

It failed to repeat Gurren Lagann, which incidentally made it better, because GL is fucking garbage.

Better than that row row your boat shit. There was no rap in the KLK anime, the rap bit only appeared in the soundtrack.

short haired Nia is God tier.

Literally kisses guys and they die within 24 hours.

She would kill any guy that gives her a head pat.

Easy choice considering shit le shit is shit

truly trash opinions

KLK is not about Mecha or Love either. So is your argument that you were only talking nonsense?

Gurren Lagann

strawpoll.me/11285991

Neither did GL

TTGL is marginally better because of the fights

>but Kill la Kill has better characters and music.
>implying dont lose your way is better than Sorario Days
>implying klk has characters half as interesting as the spiral king, kamina or simone.

That is a lot of implying user

Still doesn't change the fact that her heaven wasn't pierced. She is a doombitch though

youtube.com/watch?v=x7wryLYBzZg

Nia, but Yoko's fine too.

half way through GL now
i already prefer it over Edge La Edge

Doesn't count if it's not your choice. Sexually abused Satsuki is purer than Cursed with chastity Yoko.

>klk
>sjw

>I must be an asshole to save humanity, so let me do so in the most retarded way possible
>generic embodiment of hot blooded manliness
>generic embodiment of hot blooded manliness v2

TTGL's cast was terribly lackluster.

KLK is trash that takes 15 episodes to get any good

Both shit.
TTGL is less shit though.

I enjoyed Gurren Lagann more, but klk had better memes. Though that might just be because it was more recent.

E7
Early Nia

>I must be an asshole to save humanity, so let me do so in the most retarded way possible
>generic embodiment of hot blooded manliness
>generic embodiment of hot blooded manliness v2

>TTGL's cast was terribly lackluster.

Nice bait

>watches a shitty show for fifteen episodes

I don't know if I can talk to someone who clearly isn't right in the head. How many times do you have to touch a stove until you learn not to anymore?

NGE kind of did the same thing. Though 1-6 were good.

TTGL had actual characters with actual character devolopment with actual story and actual meaning behind it, in other words it's total opposite of KLK.

one character*

Kill la Kill is more slight but fuck I don't wanna lose my way.

Both are shit

no...no!

No, not just one, not everyone but certainly just one, certainly it's more interesting to see characters that showed up as plain sidekicks actually getting some relevance and even small moments to see them from other side, instead of being just that sidekicks without smallest of the depth that behave like retards all the fucking time.

7-14 Were SHIIIIIIIIIT

Nia is for marrying, Yoko is for fucking

Then it is only EoE was good.

stop posting lewd Asukas

Choking a bitch is always a crowd pleaser, but from 15 forward it was pretty great.

KlK gave me a waifu.

>I have to keep the human population under 1 million or we'll be wiped out, so let me just fuck around with genetic engineering and make a bunch of beastment and let the rest of the humans dick around underground where they can find mecha and fuck shit up with spiral energy, instead of, say, rallying everyone in a city and imposing stringent population controls

>muh character development
Please. Kamina and Simon both were examples of archetypes with no substance beyond it.

They're both overrated as fuck

You've got that wrong, KLK is trash that stopped being decent after 8 episodes.

Most people who think Kill La Kill is better should rewatch Gurren Lagann, they probably haven't watched it in awhile.

This isn't to say KLK isn't a pretty good show, but Gurren Lagann is significantly better.

Gurren Lagann had the better story, music, characters by far the better main antagonist and setting.

What about DTR and the nudists love of being nude

I disagree.

KLK. Excellent pacing from the start, unlike TTGL which only starts to get exciting at ep 9. More distinct and consistent visual design. Best sound design I've ever seen, every beat and SFX is choreographed perfectly with the visuals. Better incorporated and wider reaching themes.
The only thing TTGL is really better at is having a better written protag, but Ryuuko makes up for it by being so constantly entertaining, even if her character arc is shit.

Gurren Lagann is better written, has more memorable moments, a better message, better setting and overall better characters(both protagonist and antagonist). I think the only KLK counterpart I might have liked better than their TTGL version is Satsuki over Rossiu. If you've watched both and think Kill La Kill is better you should probably rewatch Gurren Lagann, it's better than Kill La Kill. But that's not bad, Gurren Lagann is fucking amazing. Kill La Kill being worse doesn't mean it's a bad show.

Are you retarded? KlK is a 7 at best TRGL is a solid 8.

>SJW anime

As much as I loved most aspects of Gurren Lagann, Yoko was a ''meh'' character. Nia is God-tier.

Nia. Short hair a best.

Klk was better all around. As it pains me to say; Gurren Lagan would have been better had it been a season long and done without the time skip. The skip was completely necessary and felt watered down watching it. I didn't like it after.

Explain Yourself.
Gurren Lagann is superior in most aspects. Kill la Kill is still great though.

Gurren Lagann had a more meaningful story, but Kill la Kill had a story that was consistently good while Gurren Lagann built up from the beginning.

Kill la Kill has better characters overall(almost all of it's relevant characters which it has more of then TTGL are more fleshed out then the relevant characters of TTGL) but Simon and Viral are better characters then everyone in Kill la Kill.

Their visual qualities are equal.

Gurren Lagann's standout tracks like Libera me From Hell are fantastic but Kill la Kill's soundtrack was consistently good, while Gurren Lagann's other sound-pieces weren't as good.

I prefer Gurren Lagann because I liked it's message more, + Viral and Simon especially are really great characters.

I still think both shows are perfect though so stop your useless shitflinging.

>while Gurren Lagann's other sound-pieces weren't as good
youtube.com/watch?v=bAvfWp8ZE-M
youtube.com/watch?v=I1IVX9P9kVk
youtube.com/watch?v=ok295z8vU3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=QXrriGaQm0U
youtube.com/watch?v=qYIw2d44IEo
youtube.com/watch?v=if9lnZwv_H0
youtube.com/watch?v=Yi8nWgeAbFQ

>I still think both shows are perfect
How does it feel to have shit taste?

Gurren Lagann had zero strategy, they win in the battles because "I believe in myself".

All of the characters in Gurren Lagann are forgettable except for the Noriko Takaya ripoff and the Anti-Spiral.

Nia had literally zero personality.

I really disliked the setup of KLK, it just seemed really weak. Like she decides Satsuki is her rival and possible murderer of her father because Satsuki taunted her? I don't even remember why she went to the school in the first place, her dad said to? And why was any of that supposed to be compelling, Ryuko didn't act particularly likable and we didn't know shit about her dad. GL had a much stronger start, we saw how the people lived like rats, slaves to their lack of ambition, and how the one guy who tried to do something about it got shut down by cowards, except for his meek buddy. Then we immediately find out that there is an upper world and it's lorded over by evil mechs. There's strong motivation for conflict and characters to root for right in the first episode. In KLK the protagonists have no idea what they're doing or why for FAR too long. A little mystery is good, too much and the story starts to irritate.

GL was unwatchable to me. Mechs are dumb as fuck and it wasn't interesting at all. Didn't make it past 6 episodes.
You're all allowed to like your nostalgia show but stop pretending like it's anything other than entertaining for people that like gundams.

He's not wrong.

Come on, an entire subset of people that can only compete if they are 'given' power in the form of slutty clothing? Taken advantage of and used by a secret organization that designed society to keep them in their place? The SJW in this series is not subtle at all.

You'd have to be in fingers-in-ears/head-in-the-sand tier denial to say it isn't.

si si
donde estas la bibliotequa

>Kill la Kill had a story that was consistently good
No, it also had a major built up first and was mediocre at first.
>Gurren Lagann built up from the beginning
It went from nice to great real quickly and just kept getting better and better, with a more epic and grander ending that Kill la Kill never achieved.
>Kill la Kill has better characters overall
>but Simon and Viral are better characters then everyone in Kill la Kill
Anti-Spiral's >>>> Ragyo
Kamina >>>> Everyone in Kill la Kill
>Gurren Lagann's other sound-pieces weren't as good
Refer to Might I add youtube.com/watch?v=VrBfWHEg6ps
>so stop your useless shitflinging
I'm sorry.

>I don't remember the dialogue from the first episode so KLK was bad

Just because you weren't paying attention doesn't mean the setup wasn't compelling

>Gurren Lagann had zero strategy, they win in the battles because "I believe in myself".

Welcome to most anime where fighting happens. In Kill La Kill Senketsu kept getting new powers each week to combat the new foe because she was "wearing him better" and by the end she was overpowered there was barely any conflict at all.

I might be remembering this wrong but I think Satsuki pretended as if she knew something about what Ryuko was talking about so she could keep her around and steal her weapon. Ryuko being hotheaded and kind of well, dumb, meant that strategy worked.

Mako >>> Kamina

It wasn't anything special. It tried to hrs to be quirky and different without having any substance to it.

Why was Ryuko so determined that Satsuki and the Elite Four were involved in the murder of her father?

>but Kill la Kill had a story that was consistently good while Gurren Lagann built up from the beginning.

Kill La kill was monster of the week for about 18 episodes, then as soon as they revealed that Satsuki and Ryuko were sisters it went completely downhill because they had to cram in actual plot in only 6 episodes.

>Kill la Kill has better characters overall
Most of Kill La Kill's characters are forgettable, with its slightly memorable ones only being memorable because they were similar to TTGL characters.

>I might be remembering this wrong but I think Satsuki pretended as if she knew something about what Ryuko was talking about so she could keep her around and steal her weapon. Ryuko being hotheaded and kind of well, dumb, meant that strategy worked.
I know that was the overall plot (I don't think she wanted to steal the scissor though), but that's not what we know from the first episode. From our perspective, Ryuko's a moron jumping to conclusions and getting way too angry about it. That's not a protagonist worth rooting for.

Gurren Lagann is better, but I love KlK more.
Ryuuko a best, forever and ever.

She's a dumb hotheaded tomboy. That's why she needed Mako to calm her down. It's kind of the opposite of Simon and Kamina where Kamina needed to keep Simon going, Mako needed to actually calm Ryuko down and get her to think straight and stop doing things that would get herself killed. Ryuko also needed Mako for the entire series while Simon of course only needed Kamina for 8.

>were similar to TTGL characters
Right, and memes. Lots of memes. Only reason why people still know who Nonon and the like are.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is everything Kill la Kill wanted to be.

I can't remember they were so forgettable.

both are entry level garbage. FACT.

>t-things I don't agree with are bait

Reddit is calling, fishposter.

>She's a dumb hotheaded tomboy.
Why should the audience care about a dumb hotheaded tomboy? Maybe as a side character, but as a protagonist she was a chore to watch. The whole rivalry they set up between Ryuko and Satsuki only existed because Ryuko was an idiot, not compelling at all.

This user gets it.

cant argue with dubs

>Most of Kill La Kill's characters are forgettable, with its slightly memorable ones only being memorable because they were similar to TTGL characters.
>they were similar to TTGL characters
Name 5 examples.

This is probably why most of the threads on Cred Forums treated Satsuki as if she was the protagonist when she really wasn't meant to be at all, but I guess some found her a lot easier to get behind.

Please user, enlighten us with your superior taste.

This fight is pointless since GL and KLK are still nowhere near Trigger's best show

>Ragyo = Shitty Anti-Spiral
>Mako = A dumber Kamina
>Ryuko = Post balls dropped teenage Simon
>Kinagase = King Kittan
>Aikurō Mikisugi = Another Kamina

Sanageyama was inferior Viral
Mako was inferior Kamina.

If you would've posted LWA you'd be correct.

>elitist
Tell us all about your favorite anime.

Satsuki was a perfect strategist, nothing like the idiots in GL.

But she lost. Nothing she did was ever successful. She had a happy ending with her imouto though, I guess.

Would get destroyed by the King.

To be fair, her plan went perfectly until her mom asspulled being able to put her head back on

How fucking new are you

Satsuki is a human, humans aren't meant to win. Life Fibers too OP.

Those lyrics a shit
youtube.com/watch?v=zs474lPgO54

>muh probability manipulation
>muh 0% turned into 100%
He'd solo the klk-verse in his mecha.

Gurren Lagan had the best action scenes, especially the final fight which I thought was presented well. Kill la kill was actually disappointing. I was hoping it would have been better.

Basically; they both had the same formula where they defeat first bad guys and go for the final one after. Gurren Lagan did it better. Kill la kill could have done better, but it was more consistent and didn't suffer being watered down after a time skip.

So it's hard to say; they both had their pros and cons but are nowhere near perfect.

Space dandy in all honesty is far better in contrast to them both.

>being watered down after a time skip
Time skip wasn't a bad thing. Rossiu was just cancerous and shit the part up with his presence.
>they both had their pros and cons
Yes, but Gurren Lagann attempts things KLK doesn't, and the parts where they do the same things, Gurren Lagann does it on a bigger and better scale than KLK.

So yeah, Gurren Lagann is objectively better. Most people who loved KLK more probably did so because they were more invested in the individual characters.

Ryuko is very cute.

My mom used to do the same thing when we went to the doctor. My sister never had time for me. ;___;

Kamina, Kittan, Lordgenome, Viral, forehead boy.

I guess you're right, I couldn't name only one.

Neither. Both were barely characters. Yoko's episode on what happened almost saved her outside of the "fan service" aspect of things, but it just isn't enough.
Outside of the "virtual lifeform" and "bad at cooking" traits, I couldn't tell you anything about Nia's character.
Overall, both weak aspects of an otherwise pretty entertaining show.
Now, Leon, however...

Masculinity > Femininity

>I couldn't tell you anything about Nia's character
Nia is the characters responsible for Simon getting past his depression. She stands up towards any and all bullshit and doesn't care whatever happens to her. She cares about her friends and has to face the worst hardships.

I love both, but TTGL changed my view of whole mecha genre.

I honestly can't decide this one. Both shows have great characters, good story, great action and fight scenes, and there's plenty of fanservice to go around in both. Both shows do suffer from being episodic in the first half, and while KLK does get on with the actual story quicker than TTGL, it's really not a good enough reason to pick one over the other. If I had to choose one with a gun to my head, i'd probably still pick KLK because of my enjoyment of watching it with Cred Forums during it's airing. If I had been able to watch TTGL with Cred Forums, i'm pretty sure I would've chosen TTGL instead, but alas.

No one cares fucking tripfag

Definitely TTGL ,but they're both good cartoons

Nigga I have the entire TTGL soundtrack, it's good but Kill la Kill was more impressive on average. And I prefer Iwasaki Taku to Hiroyuki Sawano as well.

If you count theme songs as well, KLK has better OP's but TTGL has better ED's by a mile.
I haven't experienced it yet so I don't know.
>kill la kill was mediocre at first
KLK was great at first, I don't know what you're talking about.
>it went from nice to great
It went from decent to good at episode 8 and that's when it started getting better and better.
>anti spiral vs ragyo
Ragyo appeared more, had better style, and explained the things she did more.

The anti-spirals appeared and said what their goal was and why they did it, fought Simon and co, died.

Ragyo did more and was better.

Also Kamina is good but he's not better then the KLK cast.

>klk was monster of the week for about 18 episodes
KLK built up it's main plot the entire time, so when the plot became the only focus of the show it still worked. Pay attention more.
>they're all forgettable
All of the TTGL crew-members that get exploded were forgettable, all of the beastmen minus Viral weren't that good, and that's all the non main characters in the show.

TTGL's character strength comes from Simon and Viral.

Pretty sure it was because Satsuki had the other half of the scissors

>Ragyo appeared more, had better style, and explained the things she did more.
This is bullshit, Ragyo was a shittier Anti-Spiral who had no goals whatsoever except for taking over the world for the life fibers. Woah, great deal, meanwhile the far more intelligent Anti-Spiral tried to prevent the Spiral-Nemesis which ment working his ass off creating technology that would kill Spiral races that got too technologically advanced and thus used too much Spiral power. He did so on a universal scale. He was kind of an hero actually, it's ignorant to say Ragyo was a better character, she was a very mediocre villain.

>All of the TTGL crew-members that get exploded were forgettable, all of the beastmen minus Viral weren't that good, and that's all the non main characters in the show.
Viral is my favourite, sure, but don't shit on Team Gurren. It's painful that everyone remember Kittan and Lordgenome sacrifice, but Makken, Jorgun, Balinbow, Iraak, Kid, fuck even Zorthy are forgotten.
Did even anybody died in KLK? except my boy Senketsu?

Agreed, she's far less annoying. Though they had the common sense to get rid of him early on.

It was not one guy who was trying to save the universe, it was a group of people. The guy that the main characters face was just the acting representative. All the others were having their spiral power repressed(this was shown), and he also says "we" instead of "i did this".

The anti-spirals are a more interesting concept then "crazy lady tries to make life fibers eat everything.", but they as a group are not a character.

Ragyo is.

So Ragyo is better.

That's because Makken, Jorgun, Balinbow, Iraak, Kid, and Zorthy didn't do anything but be a member of a team. Kittan got much more time to exist and Lordgenome had much more impact with his characters. They all had their various character quirks, but you didn't care about them when they all died. You only felt bad for the main characters.

>Makken
Literally saved entire ship by jumping on missile. Best thing is that he did it without any 10min rant. He just did what have to be done.
>Jorgun, Balinbow
Saved those annoying kids. I mean, yeah, bad deal, but they were awesome during that.
>Iraak, Kid, and Zorthy
Ok, Zorthy just died, But Iraak and Kid were cool
Well, I cared a little about them. I was happy that they survived in movie, but on the other hand they lost a lot deep because of it.

What are you even talking about? It says ''we'' because it is the collective consciousness of an entire race, think Human Instrumentality Project from Evangelion. It is technically a single being, made up of many, like sharing the same body with another person but still thinking the same thoughts without any collision, which is why he/they are ridiculously intelligent.
>ragyo is better because she's a character!
Could you give me a weaker argument? Heck, this isn't even an argument.

The Anti-Spiral's' goals were clearly better, it cared about the Universe and it's inhabitants, it just disliked it if they used too much Spiral power because then all life would come to an end. It has a goal, Ragyo just has a ''goal'' for plot purposes.

Again, very mediocre, appearing a lot and explaining your plans in great detail despite the fact that your opponents don't need to know it at all is stupid and cliche.

Anti-spirals' modus operandi is retarded. Oh, you reached 1 million inhabitants? Time to drive you outright to extinction, instead of capping you at 999,999. Or trying to work with you peacefully for the greater good. Or just outright kill you before you can become a threat.

Man, you also wouldn't feel bothered to get off of your ass just to tell some race somewhere in the far off corner of the universe to calm down with the children and usage of spiral power.

Also, who is Lordgenome? He was supposed to keep humanity at bay, but he failed, so it's not the Anti-Spiral's fault.

Existing in a slightly oppressed state >>> Not existing at all due to the Spiral Nemesis

>Man, you also wouldn't feel bothered to get off of your ass just to tell some race somewhere in the far off corner of the universe to calm down with the children and usage of spiral power.
Except that's exactly what they did, and it kicked them in the ass.

>Also, who is Lordgenome?
Lordgenome didn't work for the Anti-spirals, he kept humanity in check to prevent them from extinction. He also did a really shitty job of it. If he had half a brain, he would have kept all of humanity in one city which he could oversee instead of letting them fuck around underground.

>be the anti-spiral
>see spiral races
>they are all ''drunk'' on spiral power
>they are all mentally inferior
>try to protect them
>''well, no, we'll do the impossible and stop you and become independant''
What do? I mean, Spiral power is dangerous, and it's uncontrollable, so the only logical thing to do would be to put a massive limit on them so that they can still exist with their loved ones and not become a danger, and to exterminate the one's who overcame a certain limit or are long overdue.

It's morally the correct choice, and the thing about Spirals is, they never once listened, so the shepherd has to guide them, or drop a mecha the size of the moon on them.

>Lordgenome didn't work for the Anti-spirals
He did indirectly.

KLK just cause I'm not a huge fan of mecha and TTLG is more mech focused.

Also I like Satsuki.

>Except that's exactly what they did, and it kicked them in the ass.
You do realize that they only defeated the Anti-Spiral. They have no idea what the Spiral Nemesis is except for the fact that it fills the Anti-Spiral with terror.
>Lordgenome didn't work for the Anti-spirals
True, but he followed their playbook. He fucked up by allowing people to exist with egos, guaranteeing that they would challenge and defeat him at some point.

Satsuki Is glorious, greatest thing Ragyo ever did.

>Satsuki > Junketsu > her hair > getting Nui to make her dress > Ryuko
This is an accurate order of the greatest things Ragyo has done.

The reason Lordgenome kept them underground was a loophole in the anti-spiral's rule. The trigger the anti-spirals set up would only go off when the surface population hits 1 million. Keep everyone underground and bam, no worries.

Also like points out, keeping them underground also keeps their egos in check. It's kind of an awful way to live.

klk is a knock-off ttgl with even more fanservice.
Nothing more than that.

>they don't know what the spiral nemesis is so it doesn't matter
It doesn't matter to the conversation because the Anti-Spiral didn't cause it. They were preventing it and they failed. No one knows if it happens and ends the world or if nothing happens.

Are you retarded? KLK is a sold 2 and TTGL is barely a 3.

Out of 20 by the way.

Both completely fell apart halfway through, but at least GL had a kickass finale to make up for it. KLK's was just uninspired.

>Kamina
>good character

>kiss one
>you die
>fuck one
>she dies

What a choice.

>KLK built up it's main plot the entire time, so when the plot became the only focus of the show it still worked

No, it really didn't. It went to shit the moment they started focusing on the plot and it was clear they had no idea where to take the show after a while, settling for the cliche route in the last few episodes. The plot was dumb as fuck once it was filly revealed and it completely ruined Lady Satsuki's character.

the one that isn't plagarized westaboo redditcore

>Music

Debatable. KLK's score is great, but the insert songs are forgettable and don't even approach TTGL's epic insert songs.

youtube.com/watch?v=ok295z8vU3Q
>KLK ost is meh-tier besides Before my body is dry
>TTGL ost is a solid 8.5

>KLK
>SJW anime

Not him, but thematically speaking, KLK was pretty feminist if you know better than to dismiss it at face value

Two of the biggest themes of the show were "love your body" and "stop sexualizing the naked human body"

KLK

You're the one taking it at face value.
When they talk about being naked and not being ashamed of their body, they're talking about being yourself and not being influenced by the conformism of society.
Which is a theme present in every Imaishi work, even GL.

Gurren started cool then got too ridiculous
KLK started cool but went to shit

Both series were shit because they didn't deliver the tits. GL's shitty outlines for a split second don't count

Ruined Satsuki because she realized that she was using the exact same methods of the enemies she wanted to fight and apologized?
Edgy faggot.

Both antispirals and life fibers were more abstract concepts rather than actual characters with goals and motives, antispirals rapresenting the fear that kills ambition and life fibers rapresenting the death of individuality in the threads of society.
You missed the point.

I enjoyed both, but I think TTGL had a better story and better build up. I was disappointed with the latter half of KLK. But I was hyped for both before they aired and watched it weekly, and I think TTGL had a lot more impact that way. After Kamina died I didn't hear his voice again for something like six months, so when he reappeared it was more emotional than it would've been if I binge watched it. KLK kinda lost track of itself after Satsuki took on Ragyo.

KLK was funnier.

Ryuko's berserker episode was way worse than Rossiu taking over Kamina city.

I'm still disappointed Garlock never happened.

Senketsu>Nia at all those things which made his death twice as dumb

you really don't have to go out of your way to make asinine and baity statements just to get more (You)s for your thread, user

It ruined her character because she turned out to be an idiot that not only spent almost 2 decades on a plan that didn't even work, but actively destroyed any other methods of rebellion that could've helped like nudist beach. Her heel turn came out of nowhere. It also didn't help that the show tried it's damndest to retcon anything bad she did after the fact; Uzu getting his sight back was the dumbest shit ever.

If it was executed better I wouldn't have a problem with her seeing the error of her ways, but the way it happened was contrived at best.

I liked both alot, but I think TTGL had both the more hype and better written ending.

Ttgl doesn't have cute girl
Klk superior

Gurren lagann. Kill la kill is amazingly good too, but TTGL just had a bigger budget that made it look better

>deconstruction of fanservice: the anime
>SJW

Full retarded paranoia

Nudist Beach had even less chances of doing anything against life fibers, and Satsuki was clear when she said that, other than to gain trust and resources from Ragyo, she did it because she didn't need weak allies, which worked in Ryuko's case.
And nothing was swept under the rug, the OVA was specifically about Satsuki and the Devas being called out on their actions and facing their past selves to move on.

>blumenkrantz
>forgettable

>whats better, shit or vomit?

vomit of course

I'll admit, I never saw the OVA, I got pretty burned out by the time I got through the finale due to me hating the second half. Did it at the very least explain how Uzu got his sight vack?

user he got his sight back because Iori just sewed his eyelids shut, not plucked the eyes out. And he did it because he grew so reliant on one sense he neglected the others. It was just to prove how dedicated he was to retraining himself. This was all explained in the show.

Fourze. Better high school antics, better MC, better space and friendship, lovable characters all year long.

dang no wonder i preferred klk haha