Is crunchyroll a good way to support the anime industry?

Is crunchyroll a good way to support the anime industry?

No.

No.

No.

No.

It is a good way to ensure we get more things subbed however.

No

Why no?

Just buy merchandise of cute girls if you want the industry to stay in the right direction.

No.

Buying BDs is the best way.

Buying figures is the shittiest way since you only encourage studios to make fanservice harem crap.

Crunchyroll is in between.

Spending $10 in a figure of an anime you like bought directly from Japan contributes more than a lifetime subscription to CR

You're supporting glorified fansubbers, not the industry.
If you want to support the industry, import Japanese BDs.

No.

Yes, ignore morons on Cred Forums

No.

You'll give more to the Japanese economy by buying merchandise

(YOU)

Buying direct from Japanese companies obviously helps directly, but paying a Crunchyroll subscription does help indirectly.

Crunchyroll is helping to make anime extremely accessible to a larger (and yes casual) Western audience. More viewers = more people willing to spend money on direct merchandise.

Might as well support a company that's spoon-feeding anime to lazy people. You were going to torrent the episodes anyway you cheap ass.

No.
Lurk more faggot.

So I should pay monthly for an inferior service that we don't plan to use so that a small percentage of that monthly fee finds its way back to Japan instead of dropping a few hundred dollars that will go directly into Japan's economy on a figure that supports the specific studio I like?

watch pirated anime

did you like it? buy a figurine/poster/manga

Why would you even want to support the industry lol?

No

>on a figure that supports the specific studio I like
To be fair, buying figures and other merchandise will only help the studios you like if they are official.

It's pretty easy to spot a knockoff.

t cr translator

If you're gonna use CR to "support the industry", don't. Buy the BDs and merchandise straight from the source, instead - even if CR help "support the industry", it's gonna be by a miniscule amount compared to actually buying the BDs.

Yeah you would think that, but I see a lot of idiots buying stuff online thinking they are helping the studios/companies they like when they really aren't. Doujin goods are extremely common and often times they look legit if you don't bother research who made it.

Not a single penny in your subscription goes to Japan, it goes only to CR. Even buying a gay-ass anime figure supports the industry more.

If you manage to buy one legit figure, you've already contributed more than a year of crunchyroll

No buddy.

They're not a "distribution company." They release subtitled shows and market T-Shirts and shit. None of the profit goes to any hardworking industries. I don't recall if it's the same way with Funimation too. Long story short, Just purchase the DVDs' and Blu-Rays.

If Japan doesn't earn anything does Crunchyroll steals the anime or something? I mean the studios could perfectly deny them their anime but they are totally giving it to them.

Is still better to give money to chinks than to CR

not a good way but still better than support nothing

industry can earn money by selling license to CR

most of weebs dont EVER import japanese BD because
>they fucking charge 50-100usd per hour
so that's practically the only way industry can be supported by foreigner

this is a fact

Nope
CR is literally worse than nothing

what is gendum

Just buy blu-rays or figures if you feel guilty for downloading shit.

$0.01 has been deposited into your account.

>Crunchyroll is in between
Because $8 is somewhere in between $400 BD box and $80 figures
>Girl figures are the only merchandise
Go shill someplace else if you're going to be this retarded

>reaching

Nnnno, this is not what I said at all.

I'm saying that Crunchyroll contributes that slight bit more than torrenting anime, not that you should pay for it then not use it you retard.

Also didn't say that you should exclusively give CR your money either. I spend a ton of money on plastic butts every month and I watch my cartoons on Crunchyroll.

>amitting to using CR
What the fuck happened? GTFO

No, you support way, but way more the industry buying a figure about your favorite anime.

>Is crunchyroll a good way to support the anime industry?
No, virtually nothing ends up in Japanese producers hands.

It does ensure that everything gets subbed though.
Before Crunchy, whether or not you got sub releases, depended largely on how capricious a groups translator was. They were pretty autistic and easily triggered; and if some minor thing in the show made their bum sore, you got trollsubs or nothing that week. Dropping a series on the last episode was surprisingly common too.
You also had ten groups working on popular series, while everything else went unsubbed. And the epeens being waved around were enormous.

>>Crunchyroll is helping to make anime extremely accessible to a larger (and yes casual) Western audience.
>implying this is a good thing

Streaming and piracy have done much more to get people into anime than CR, and now that Netflix and Hulu are picking up new anime, there isn't any reason to support crunchyroll.

>implying that Netflix has a decent selection
>seriously suggesting Hulu for anything

This is bait

Do anime hipsters have ironic waifus?

Yes

It wouldn't be an issue if they didn't take fucking forever to release shit

I can't tell you how many times I've seen an anime or manga picked up by a US publisher only to have all fan translations of the source novels or VN removed from the internet because of "muh copyright"

It's such a niche market in the US that it doesn't seem worth the frustration to license things

No.

The two guys that started CR basically ran a massive download/streaming site for fansubs. They had dozens or hundreds of volunteers maintaining all the summary pages, content, etc. After the site grew really popular they took those metrics built on mass piracy and got venture capital to "go legit" and make themselves multi-millionaires off fucking over everyone that did all the work on the site.

Fuck those guys.

Also, CR has been driving the NA industry to collapse again. Driving bidding prices for streaming rights of some series higher than the cost of Japan even producing them. Yeah, that's money that goes to the publisher, but its not royalties so the actual author sees shit.

At least Daisuki.net is actually ran by Japanese producers instead of shitty middlemen like CR.

What about localized manga? Does some of the money get to the author?
I remember the Bakuman MCs mentioned receiving royalties from foreign countries.
I buy manga regardless since I like building a collection, but if I knew I'm also supporting the authors I'd have one more reason.

No. Hell no.

Probably some, but I've never been able to find out if its the same as a domestic sale. At the very least, foreign sales have no affect on the author's magazine ranking and staying serialized in the magazine.

>ITT People deluding themselves into thinking they're the good guy by not using Crunchyroll
>As if there is an alternative

Yes, obviously buying the BDs is the best way to support your favorite studio but I would put thousands of dollars down to bet that literally none of you autists have ever done that for anything other than a couple old series.

Buying BDs only helps if you buy them the season after they air. At least CR gives a portion of its profit to license the airing anime on a seasonal basis.

The idea that torrenting helps the industry is fucking hilarious. No one cares if it "raises interest" because you fags just steal everything anyway.

Buying merch helps to but I highly doubt more than a small percentage of you shitlords in this thread actually do that either.

Money goes to the publisher, publisher has more money and reason to invest in more authors and more adaptions.

Thanks for proving that CR is ultimately positive.

Oh look, someone who likes stuffing cocks in his mouth. The guys built the site up using massive piracy and using a bunch of people to do all the work for them then walked off to be millionaires.

Why not support legitimate businesses or the publishers directly? Daisuki, Pony Canyon USA, Aniplex USA, Goodsmile/Ultra Tokyo Connection, etc. Netflix is helping directly fund series now. Easy imports from Amiami, import manga via Honto or buy ebooks from places like Ebookjapan, etc.

But I suppose you're too busy feeling smug with your mouth full and thinking about the whopping few dollars out of your subscription that gets split up into pennies back to the actual content creators.

that few dollars is on to of licensing fees. also most torrents are rips of CR subs, so CR is also supporting you

>Guy who builds massive site using piracy is a dirt bag
>Underlings surprised by being left out

It'ss almost like the kind of people that regularly steal and cheat don't give a fuck about the idiots who help them do it.

Can't really drop thousands of dollars a month on BDs

So we should be obliged to reward them and keep rewarding them afterwards? Are you a fucking retard?

Git gud

Maybe when I more than 10 dollars an hour senpai

I want CR shills to leave

It's not about rewarding them it's about rewarding the industry.

If you want to die on your cross that cr is evil incarnate I won't stop you. But if you ever steal or torrent any anime you're just as much of a scumbag as they are. Actually worse - at least they now help the industry through licensing fees. You'd just be a scumbag hypocrite crying that someone else made it.

>I want Daisuki shills to leave
Fixed

You're right. The ones who torrent are way worse than the fine people who become millionaires fucking over the creators.

One person pirating shows is worse than creating an entire site to facilitate pirating, taking money for "premium accounts", lying to and leading on all the people maintaining the site, then walking off to get rich? Do tell.

And I pointed out you don't need to suck CR's cock to support the industry. There are plenty of other players more worthy than those faggots.

Hell, even Viz is owned by Shueisha.

No.

Slightly unrelated but does buying books from nip bookstores like kinokuniya help? Obviously in moon and not jew press translations.

Stealing is stealing bub. They turned a profit and went straight. Sorry if I don't feel sad for the people who went along with it before they started paying licensing fees. Besides I said I'm not going to stop you from hating CR.

But you do realize the sites you listed directly link to CR as the way to watch their anime right? Ponycannon USA doesn't even have any alternatives other than CR.

Daisuke is good but they only support the studio's they're a direct subsidiary to. Certain studios don't have any other avenue to a US market. Most other streaming sites are the same - they only go to either one or a small group of studios.

Who hurt you, Homophobe-kun? You're safe now. You don't need to be so butthurt on behalf of the morons who didn't make a buttload of money off of random internet people anymore.

Yes. Those are all counted as direct sales, since they're the original versions. Author gets a full royalty for the book, its part of the calculus of them staying serialized in the magazine. For overseas, pretty much the best way since we can't mail in the survey cards.

>torrent
>steal

"Copying is Stealing" was weak bait when napster was new.

But, I still posted.

Yes some of them have because CR became the name casualfags know best. They don't like it, but they probably feel they have no choice.

They "went straight" merely because they saw a way they could instantly get rich doing it. Don't kid yourself like this was some grand plan of them all along.

It's also because CR has the most money now to bid for titles. Hence Funi having to capitulate and pair with them. CR drove the streaming rights so high that Funi's profit this year took a huge slide.

Given another year or two like this and you'd see another collapse like the one in 05-07. And then who would pay licensing rights?

>They don't like it

You know this how? If it wasn't profitable for production companies do you really think they would license out their content? Considering CR is driving up the cost of licensing, don't you think publishers would actually love CR? Higher licensing fees means more money for the publisher.

Who cares if it was a "grand plan"? It's how the situation is now. They built a platform that people know and recognize and profit from it. Surprisingly, anime didn't profit when it was only known by neckbeards like you who complain about casualfags. Casualfags are the people who are bringing anime to NA.

And this is what Cred Forums has come to. People defending CR, streaming, and casualfags.

Can we permaban anyone that says they have a cr account

>wahhh streaming is bad why would you want instant entertainment when you can spend an hour downloading the whole season prior instead of watching whenever you want
the meme has gone too far

who will do it mods? it's more than probed they don't care or exist

>Pirating isn't stealing guys, honest!
>I'm just making a copy of copyrighted material and sharing it with thousands to tens of thousands of people!
>I've lent video games and movies to friends before so it's the same, right?

Why are nip BD so expensive?

What's the best torrenting service?

No one gives a fuck, and you don't belong on this board if you use CR.

So get not shit internet?

>Casualfags are the people who are bringing anime to NA.
Why would you care about that? Only an idiot would buy localized shit

You're seriously offended by the use of "faggot" on Cred Forums?
>redditor defends CR
Who's surprised?

Stop trying to bait, it's not working.

Reminder that there retards from reddit are tying to take over Cred Forums, too. Don't let this shit happen.

>I speak fluent Japanese why doesn't everyone who wants to watch anime do that

Actually it's probably

>I'm a retard that doesn't understand what localization is but i use it as a buzz word whenever I see a translation that doesn't agree with the toddler level Japanese I know

Most anime is complete dogshit and not even worth suppporting.

>merchandise money goes to animation studios

No. Import a BD once every few years and you will support anime more than a decade worth of Crunchyroll subscriptions would.

That said, why would you even bother supporting the anime industry if you can get everything you want out of it for free? Western profits don't mean shit, that's not why good anime gets made.

So we can say poorfags don't support the industry

>CR thread still up
Cred Forums is dead

Go back to your meta general.

Apparently nipplemod wants "revenge"

>more people willing to spend money on direct merchandise.
No, these fucks will buy merchandise made by Western companies that own the licenses and yet again Japan won't see shit. Someone who has a Crunchyroll subscription is not someone who imports merchandise from Japan either new or secondhand, they buy gay shit like dragon ball gym shirts made by Funi or SnK dildos made by rightstuf or some shit. Localization companies do not make anything of their own, they just hold distribution rights to other people's ideas and profit off of them.

>What are publishers for 800, Alex

Don't forget funco garbage

To be fair, the Japs do pay attention to what shows are popular on CR, and beyond that, what shows are popular among viewers of other shows on CR. So not only do they see that ERASED is popular among CR users, they see those users also like, say, Anohana or some shit.

Whether or not they're actually going to make use of all that info is up for debate but as someone who's worked in advertising getting real-time info on what shows are popular with your international audience sounds way more useful than getting the occasional overpriced BD export.

explain how

>Given another year or two like this and you'd see another collapse like the one in 05-07.

Explain to me how this is at all comparable, because I'm not seeing it.

I'm buying scales and plamo, at least 2-3BD per season and tons of manga,, all of that while living in eastern Europe and having other hobbies. Then I see Americans asking if CR is a good way to support industry and comply about BD or scale prices it really please my soul.

>homophobe-kun
Kys