Is this character a culmination of everything wrong with current Evangelion?

Is this character a culmination of everything wrong with current Evangelion?

Other urls found in this thread:

i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii112/IrkenEvangelion/asuka-guro-2.jpg)
gwern.net/docs/eva/2010-crc
g.e-hentai.org/g/944656/0c2120f188/
youtu.be/zOvVb0z6HcE
wiki.evageeks.org/Statements_by_Evangelion_Staff#Hideaki_Anno:_What_were_we_trying_to_make_here.3F
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, but this is.

''We are modern and cool'' - Hideaki Anno.

She's the JarJar of Eva.
She's not the root of it rather than the embodiment of it.

I have a Mari poster because I like her design

I don't think so.

The dick wants what the dick wants.

Reminder

Mari is cute! CUTE! and is Asuka's new girlfriend.

But EoE was the planned ending

Shit image

>he also compared fan commentary on his work to bathroom graffiti

Anno is so based

Call me a butthurt shipper if you must, but I don't agree with the guy's interpretation of EoE.
No, calling other people immature because they want a positive ending doesn't make you sound more mature or believable. if anything it makes you sound like Coldsteel.
EoE's "positive interpretation" is as valid as any other explanation of the ending.
If anything, people should be fucking reminded what "open ending" means. You can't prove your version of the facts is right you retards, the ending was left open for a goddamm reason, and this is still one of Eva's selling points considering people are still talking about it 20 years later.

The original Eva being open ended just makes rebuild seem a little more pointless, you know? Like if it isn't a continuation it's just a more streamlined version of the original. It's not an interesting enough AU and the storytelling as all over the place in 3.0. If it is a continuation it shits all over the open ending of the original. What's the point of turning it into a time loop sort of deal?

We don't know for sure if it's a continuation or a loop time for sure, I take it as a reboot or alternative version as it is now. We'll see with 4.0

>4.0
the ride never ends

Who cares about Evangelion? I am just here for the BrEaSTer girl.

They should do it out of sexual frustration in 4.0

Yes.

I don't know what Anno is thinking but I'm enjoying the ride
Sure I'll "sarcastically" fap to Mari, I loved the visuals and closure I got in EoE, I like Shinji and Kaworu interacting and I'm glad we got more of that in 3.33, I like that new Rei is more of a person and that even Rei Q actually is becoming a real girl, Asuka is ridiculously badass in EoE where she even comes back from death and in 3.33 she looks awesome
The biggest fuck you Anno can actually do is not finishing the rebuild movies, but it turns out Godzilla is an Eva movie in disguise so he literally can't do anything else

Except for all of the things he did, that aren't, you know, Eva.

>current

Evangelion was never good.

Why is this pairing so good?

I agree, I wasn't talking about the Rebuilds, I only referred to the part about EoE.
I also think the sequel theory kind of trivializes EoE's ending, but if it's confirmed I'll just pretend the Rebuilds don't exist altogether.

What was the last time he did something that wasn't Eva?
What's it been over 10 years?

Mari is a semi-canon lesbian.
Manga spoilers follow
Her manga counterpart had the hots for Yui

That has nothing to do with whether he can do other stuff. He's produced a lot recently, though.

Yeah like Eva 1.11, Eva 2.22, Eva 3.33 and most recently Eva: Godzilla edition

He directed those (or oversaw the direction of the Rebuilds, at least). Anyway, I said "produced." And it still leaves everything he's made that's not Eva. Are you pretending to be stupid?

That was a long time ago
I just looked it up, the different thing he did was Cutie Honey in 2004

How does that even number as a factor? "It's old, so it doesn't count?" Are you serious?

He's done way more that's not Eva. Eva is just the most well known.

>Eva: Godzilla edition
Was that movie actually good?

It's doing very well.

Yes. It feels like the movies didn't have enough time to explore all of Asuka's personalities, so they took away the energetic, gives no fucks, GO TIME qualities of Asuka and gave them to Mari and called it a character.

All you have left is the tsundere Asuka with none of the bite.

Literally what is the point of this character?

Kaworu and Asuka are the culmination of everything wrong with Evangelion: relentless pursuit of waifufaggotry ideals.

Mari is but a sideeffect.

Fanservice and merchandise

It's simply because Mari's character is the perfect fit for drawing out the all the cute Asuka reactions.

Is the coffee a meme or actually good?

Yes

Rebuild G.GG

Opposite.

I have the feeling way to few Anons read the manga.

I liked it a lot more then the anime

Rei 2 from the Manga is actually pretty likeable towards the end of her life

I only watched 3.33
Should I watch rebuild for Mari?

Yeah. She's cool on her own but doesn't really fit into Eva very well.

I still want a buddy cop movie or rom-com starring her and Asuka, probably set during the time skip. Mari may be rather pointless, but her dynamic with Asuka could be really fun. Not that "fun" has ever factored into Evangelion.

>Not that "fun" has ever factored into Evangelion
It has.

This is the best picture of Mari in existance. maybe because it looks nohing like her

>This is the best picture of Mari in existance
Based trips.
>maybe because it looks nohing like her
The artist should've chilled out on the Rinnegan.

If Anno hates Eva so much why doesn't he stop?

I mean christ, surely he has enough influence to rustle some funding up and make a brand new anime? He can just let Eva die.

He doesn't hate Evangelion man. Anno was only butthurt because Rei got more popular than Asuka, and that made him bitter.

He wants to kill Eva and all it's legacy, he just can't, and never will be able to

It clearly causes him a lot of stress at least, if 3.0 + 1.0's development is anything to go by. It took him working on a completely different project (Godzilla) to get him in the mood to try Eva again.

Making more Eva movies only keeps it alive though.

He wants to change EVA's legacy, not kill it.

>ruin a series
>get money
Based af.

I never saw any evidence he wants to kill Eva, but he wants to kill it's legacy and replace it with a new one.

>It clearly causes him a lot of stress at least, if 3.0 + 1.0's development is anything to go by. It took him working on a completely different project (Godzilla) to get him in the mood to try Eva again.

There's a better explanation than Anno's sentimental PR-talk. With 3.0, Anno got to pander in an all-out fashion to Asuka/Kaworu fans. It got him the "new" fanbase he wanted: one that adored Asuka and Kaworu whilst not caring for Rei. One new fanbase that would pledge loyalty to him, as we see today.

After 3.33, 3.0+1.0 became redundant, because there is more value in letting 3.33 stew among the fans for many years rather than ending it.

Surely he could make another series with a depressed main character.

Not before I get my 3.0 + 1.0 hopefully.

This is absolutely insane conspiracy theory level shit.

Has Anno personally divulged this information to you, or did you just receive it in a schizophrenic haze?

It's called common sense, the guy's been butthurt for decades.

It's common sense that you've extrapolated mountains and mountains of ABSOLUTELY TRUE conjecture revealing all of Anno's malicious anti-Rei sentiments. The evidence is pilling up!

Yeah, that's just common sense.

>I don't like what I'm hearing therefore it's a conspiracy theory/and or other dismissive insults

If you know anything about Anno, this would be just the obvious conclusion. Just looking at 3.33 alone and putting the pieces together should tell you everything you need to know.

...you have watched NGE and Rebuild, right?

When the evidence adds up like this, then accepting the circumstances is common sense, yeah.

If there's anything else behind it, I'd like to hear your theory, otherwise I'm sticking with what's in front of me and very clear.

>I don't like the Rebuilds so it's obviously a coordinated attack on Rei

Then why did he make Rei so adoring and lovable in the first place? Of course she'd cater to the audience because she is the quiet obedient girl who follows orders while Asuka is your average classmate who laughs at you when you make mistakes and insults your masculinity whilst being so much better than you.

Even if you like Rebuild you can clearly see it's a deeply coordinated attack on Rei.

It's more than that ofc.

In Rebuild? Arguably so he could tear it down.

Besides, he spent far more energy and did far more changes to Asuka to make her likable - not to mention Kaworu who he's changed from one-episode character to one spanning the entire canon, even more than the principal characters in theory.

>I like the pandering I get in rebuild and need to deny it's actually super-shallow because I'm not man enough to admit it

Never said it wasn't shallow or that I liked it.

>did far more changes to Asuka to make her likable
I still don't like her, she reminds me of all the girls who bullied and ridiculed me. Rei is my dream girl, probably because I never met one like her and she doesn't seem so judgemental.

>not to mention Kaworu who he's changed from one-episode character to one spanning the entire canon
Personally, I didn't dislike that at all, I like Kaworu a lot, he's like the friend I never got to have in my life.

>I still don't like her
So?

>Personally, I didn't dislike that at all, I like Kaworu a lot, he's like the friend I never got to have in my life.

Which makes you dumb cancer. Pardon being rude, but it's really true.

Uplifting a character like that for the sake of fanpandering is inexcusable. You got every other character more or less ruined, and if you don't dislike that, you're actually dumb cancer.

So, let's say, just hypothetically:

3.0+1.0
-removes all looper/time traveler privileges Kaworu has, explains that he was just brainwashed to think he knew Shinji
-removes Rei permanently
-makes Ritsuko a dimension-shifter trying to bring happiness to misato (maya can come too)
-makes Asuka WILLE's comfort girl

would you be okay with that?

Evangeleon was and still is a heaping pile of shit.

If you ignore the dumb waifu wars, the original series + EoE are very good. Rebuilds are shit.

>current Evangelion
How is it different from what it used to be?

Is Be Invoked enjoyable without watching the series?

The original Evangelion spent more time on building the plot and the characters. The new one is all shock value and otaku escapism and doesn't really have any point.

In a single year, the TV-series produced more substance than Rebuild has done in nearly ten.

Yes, Rebuild began in 2007, it is now 2017.
It's good but just watch the damned series. Be amazed at all the shit the Ideon takes.

yeah I feel it.

Cancer-fag.

Hell, I'm afraid of watching the rebuild because of this.

I dropped the series after the Ide legend, I just thought that was too ridiculous

>your average classmate who laughs at you when you make mistakes and insults your masculinity whilst being so much better than you.

Am I the only the one who finds this hot?

Reifags are delusional. 3.0 was a commentary on the whole franchise. He took what everyone liked and purposefully turned it on it's head.

I'll say this, if you dislike 3.0 because of what it did then you've been liking Evangelion for all the wrong reasons.

But Kaworu is better than before in 3.0

No it wasn't. He jacked up characters like Asuka and Kaworu to ridiculous pandering levels.

If you like 3.33 you hate Evangelion and liked it for the wrong reasons: pandering.

>If you like 2.22 you hate Evangelion and liked it for the wrong reasons: pandering.

fixed

I liked the gay piano playing

Childhood is when you idolize Evangelion.
Adulthood is when you realize that Brain Powerd makes more sense.

If you dislike 2.22, you're a butthurt Asukafag.

No, but she's good for highlighting everything wrong with the current Evangelion fanbase.

If you like 2.22 then you're a raging reifag

It's made over 6 billion yen and was getting rave critical reviews in Japan

Anno wanted another female Eva pilot. Said he didn't think he could change the story enough without including something like that.

>tomino dialogue

>Said he didn't think he could change the story enough without including something like that
And yet three movies in and she hasn't done anything

It's Kaworu pandering in that Kaworu is in it. He spends the movie consciously manipulating Shinji into doing something for him, is overpowered by Shinji because he wasn't following the plot and Gendo let him think he was smart for 14 years, then doesn't learn a thing since he dies convinced he's still central to events and they can't proceed without him. He isn't even less creepy than in NGE, there's just nobody else there to be creeped out.

Is the full series subbed yet?

Nope, 2.22 is the most liked eva-movie.

This is accurate.

By plebs maybe.

FTFY

>Not that "fun" has ever factored into Evangelion

episodes 07 - 15 (or is it 16) are fun. basically from jet alone/asuka arriving to when shinji becomes a goo man are more light hearted.

>sucking tomino's tiny, almost impossibly small flaccid cock so hard that you actually made this picture

Eva doesn't really hit its dark phase until Episode 18 and the destruction of Unit 03. After that it's all downhill.

I just finished the series
Im still confused, what is Kaworu? An angel in human body? How was he trapped? Was he workinf with Gendo or he just has his own agenda?

He's Seele's Rei

The shinji ikari raising project alt universe was fun for the whole 5 minutes it got before Congratulations!!

No, by everyone. Plebs such as yourself didn't like it for shitty shipping reasons.

I interpreted events as him even biting his masters' hands the same way and trying to take Impact his own direction. Seele directed him toward Gendo, they didn't send him into Terminal Dogma, then when he does they comment they won't rely on Adam or Angels and pray that Eva 01 stops him.

>he really thinks this
2.22 is pure fanservice. You only like it because it gave you what you wanted and flip shit when things returned to being polarizing in 3.0

>he really thinks this

2.22 is regular Evangelion with mixed up characters and new stuff added. You didn't like it because you're an asukafag who couldn't stand Rei doing something nice for Shinji or vice versa.

That's why you prefer the fanservice-laden 3.33 with zero substance, and shield yourself with a phony excuse like "it's polarizing".

Basically you're objectively wrong and I can show it easily.

On the whole, Rebuild is awful.

Rebuild is comprised of two parts decent, and one part shit. Now if someone dropped a turd like 3.33 on your plate, there's no way the meal will be edible any more, even if they add another decent side afterwards.

Only literal shit-eaters who are willing to eat shit to get some mediocre side dishes.

seconded

but is it self-aware/ironic fan service?

and does that therefore justify it?

what about the advertisements in the show?

I want some Shinji Doritos

Probably come's in bitch flavor.

> What makes them Soo Shinji?

Mari is basically Kaji as a pilot. She's supposed to function as a sagacious foil to Shinji. People shit on nte because they don't understand what Anno's doing, especially evident in the negative reaction to Q.

get at me

So if Mari was a student while Yui was alive, does that mean she's really 30 years old and only looks like a teenager because she's an Eva pilot?

If that's the case, was it /ss/ when she hit on Shinji in 2.0?

One of the animators compared Mari to Kaworu; as a (manipulative person--- saying just the right things)

Something being shit on purpose doesn't make it less shit. It just lets the creator smugly circlejerk about how above the medium their ideas are. Which is inherently hypocritical while using the medium itself.

That makes sense, though I think she's less sincere than Kaworu. She basically pushed Shinji to initiate third impact.

Or less transparent, I should say.

Probably not, that's 1998 and she was already 16. There wouldn't even be a prototype before she was 20.

It got a whole manga spin-off at least.

I bought a copy of that to see how it ends. Friendship wins the Shinjibowl.

Seele tries to fuck with Rei's memories but they get BTFO by Shinji and Asuka

Mari is just Kaji as a teenage girl with a few odd quirks. He also invades peoples' personal space to say weird and inappropriate things. Even her partnership with Asuka is similar to Kaji and Bitch Mode Misato

In a previous thread I posted this,(regarding Mari in the original 2.22 draft) Might as well say it again.

Mari originally was more involved in the plot for 2.0. According to (Eva-2.0 Complete records collection)
A 200+page book containing; behind the scenes information, original drafts, scene panels detailing alternative/deleted segments, ect.... (i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii112/IrkenEvangelion/asuka-guro-2.jpg)

(POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

Originally Mari was going to be introduced by piloting Eva-2 at sea fighting an angel on battleships, Mari/Kaji are both introduced to the cast while Asuka arrives later by plane, both Mari and Asuka pilot Unit-2 with Asuka being its designated pilot , referring to Mari as her "support fire"(later used in 3.0)
Eventually Mari with a higher sync ratio with Unit-2 than Asuka becomes its main pilot during the 9th angel attack, leaving Asuka devastated not piloting Eva (NGE style) Asuka then jumps at the chance to pilot unit-3.(o_o)
Mari talks with all the pilots, goes to the school, Convinces Shinji (face to face) to pilot Unit-1 during the 10th angel attack at the watermelon field; kissing him...

The script was later remade (again) to what we have now.

It is also worth mentioning that Asuka was originally in unit-2 during the 10th angel attack. (In the first or second draft for 2.0.)
It explains why during the Zeruel battle (when it hits unit-2 a second time) the camera zoom's towards Mari's left eye (implying it getting hit), yet later we see that it's the right side of her face that's injured.---Originally Asuka was in Mari's place and the scene showed how she lost her eye. The aforementioned scene was a recycled element from the earlier draft-and the animators just forgot (or were lazy) to edit the scene.

It wouldn't be Evangelion if the production wasn't chaotic.

whoa, that's really interesting. I had heard about Mari originally being more involved, but not the details. Using her as the savant rival to Asuka makes a lot of sense because she's pretty obviously supposed to be the most informed and emotionally mature of the pilots, and possessed of a greater intrinsic agency than any of them too. Although it would be kind of jarring to have an arbitrarily better pilot than Asuka, especially IN unit 2: when Shinji had a higher sync rate is was compelling because we'd seen what he'd been going through.

that probably woulda been cool too though, and unprecedented. I'm confident Mari will have a profound role in 4.0.

Just to say, these changes occurred After 2.2's trailer in 1.0's release.

I theorize that Mari became irrelevant after the script revisions, but was kept in the story because she was in the trailers.

2.22 development was a mess
("Khara's actual first original story")
From what I've read; it appears that Anno hated the direction 2.0 was going (after the development-hell) thus he purposefully distance the next film story-wise from the events in 2.0.

haha, do you know if Asuka still had her "make sure they paint it red" line in this older version?

>spamming this again
>that url
Go fuck yourself, lad. Anyone who hasn't seen/read this shit yet doesn't even belong in these threads.

I'm sick of this pasta, I'm sick of you.

>it appears that Anno hated the direction 2.0 was going (after the development-hell) thus he purposefully distance the next film story-wise from the events in 2.0.

interesting. I still think Q works pretty well as a followup to 2.0, but that he packed so much into it, and it shifted so dramatically in style, makes sense as him trying to distance himself from the actionfest.

Aside from one during Shinji's first deployment in Unit 01, they've pretty much thrown the sync ratio stuff right out the window. All the pilots seem equally capable of synchronizing no matter which Eva they're in.

I prefer the route they took with Mari. She has more of the inside story and has a more concrete sense of self than the other kids, but as a pilot she goes big and flashy without accomplishing much of anything until she becomes the designated sniper

Do you think he'll be ok?

note how the pic (to the right) has Asuka with bandages over her mouth like in 2.0 (my pic related)
Unfortunately I don't, the CRC hasn't been completely translated yet. EvaGeeks did an incomplete fan translation; but were later told to stop by Khara.
well I did make it...Not going to waste even more time writing...
I know I liked 3.33, more so over 2.22.

Shinji looks like the kind of guy who'd eat doritos occassionally.
But Rei, what do Rei's doritos taste like?

>...
Stop.

Don't worry, he'll get to try again in Super Robot Wars.

One way or another he'll be in 4.0. If nothing else he'll come back as Unit 13

Apparently Rei committed suicide in an earlier draft.

Jesus anno

>Rei channeling Ryouma
my dick is diamonds

The link has the translated text from the crc.
Here's an image from a different earlier draft of the script.

I know they are going to use this in 4.0

I wonder if they still planned to end this draft with the awakening of Unit 01?

Give me that angsty Rei one day
I like Rei's coldness but I first thought she'd eventually go batshit insane from so many supressed emotions

From the amount of material made for 2.0, they possibly have 2-3 movies worth of content.

from the CRC
“Asuka corroded by the ninth Angel. Rough sketch for the image board”.
The Asuka/Kaworu dialogue in question is:

KAWORU: This isn't like you.
ASUKA: It's not like me?
KAWORU: Because happiness doesn't suit you.
ASUKA: The happy me... is scary. So I'll return to the usual me.

Earlier draft of what specifically?

if this is real, Asuka VA is gonna be really happy

Eva 2.0
Note the xapa logo... not Ginax

It's the climax of 2.22. Rei was going to self destruct Unit 00 to kill Zeruel, but they decided to have Shinji save Rei instead

whoops wrong image...(its the second part of this)

The Asuka/Kaworu dialogue in question is:

KAWORU: This isn't like you.
ASUKA: It's not like me?
KAWORU: Because happiness doesn't suit you.
ASUKA: The happy me... is scary. So I'll return to the usual me.

because they were friends for more than 14 years?

Mari is completely nonplussed by Asuka's bitchiness and baits her like a master.

This would have made it way too obvious that Kaworu is a scumbag

But the pairing is shit for gaia-esque crackshippers.

Thanks

note how Asuka forcibly reattaches the face to herself.

she is putting your usual facade back on...

Also Mari has the same injuries as Rei...

You should see what the giant Red Rei did at the end of the film...

>core sex
I thought that was drawn as a joke

I'm convinced that theses scenes were changed/scrapped as to keep the Japanese equivalent of a PG13 rating.

Pic...
The unfinished scenes that appeared as an extra in the blu-ray disc are also included. In the photo, Ritsuko says that Ayanami is always wearing the same plain underwear, and suggest her to ask Gendou to buy some cute ones. Rei responds that is unnecessary.

Actually unit-1 core is destroyed in that scene, with Shinji still in it.

I pray that this was to be included exactly as drawn.

>Actually unit-1 core is destroyed in that scene, with Shinji still in it.
That, or the sphere pierced it (with Shinji in it) Impaling unit-1 and GNR

g.e-hentai.org/g/944656/0c2120f188/
Neon Genesis Evangelion - 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance Storyboards A+B

Not the older versions tho...

Stop being an edgy contrarian. The majority of people agree that 2.22 is the best rebuild, and it's because it's actually a good movie that stands on it's own. 3.33 is just Anno vomiting shit all over the screen.

You got him wrong.
Kaworu is Adam. He lacks any will to kill because he's a progenitor mother unconsciously (Kaworu is the only "female angel" of the life seed side despite the male lilin vessel).
Kaworu likes lilin unlike SEELE who hate themselves. He was just persuaded lilin hated being lilin and were in pain until he met Shinji. Somehow Shinji convinced him lilin could find happiness, so they should do ok without his help.
It was typical sci-fi plot of misguided sweet alien princess falls for the pilot human mc, except Anno had Kaworu as 'male'. He summarizes in 'After the End' comic gag about the whole "beautiful misguided enemy switching sides by the power of love" as logic.

SOFT PINK, BITCHES!
~Nyaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I actually saw someone make a great case for Mari recently. The kicker?
It was on reddit.
Cuddle a soft girl today.

Don't get me wrong, 2.0 was a good watch but it was the most un-evangelion project of the three. 3.0 is the opposite of fanservice and sits better with me for it.

link post ?

Woah, so this is the power... of.... newfags

I hate you Mari I HATE YOU MARI I H A T E Y O U M A R I
I

H

A

T

E

Y

O

U

M

A

R

I

It's probably within the first 20-30 posts there, I've been banned before for linking.

Good joke, try again.

Elitistfag? That you?

Rebuild changes a number of things, but of old non Sadamoto Eva, think Kaworu as the Jesus analogue. He's the Father (or rather The Mother, Adam) and the 'Son' (Tabris).

The backstory Anno wrote in NGE 2 game (you must play as Kaji to uncover it) has, as EoE hinted, everything blamed on SEELE, Gendo and Yui (what Misato finally realizes all too late "the enemy is human"). The Second Impact was actually the act of violation of Adam, who was slumbering by inserting lilin DNA into her core and making her explode (this was what caused the Impact). They needed that to: split Adam's body (which became an embryo) and soul (which became Tabris/Kaworu Nagisa) and put her under their control. Also to birth the angels who are just children, in the end, their different shapes is because they can shapeshift to whatever form fits them as Fruits of Life holders. Nerv did the same shit with Lilith to create Rei.

Eva has a definitely anti-father, anti-adult message. But aside of that.

Seele raised Kaworu in a lab without contact with the outside world until he met Shinji and dispatched him to that mission. They needed him to either sacrifice himself or to start an impact. Either way they were cool, because if he died, Impact will always happen (it renacts automatically with the return of Longinus after the death of all Adam's offsprings - Kaworu's soul would return eventually into the embryo but would remain dormant) and if he starts the Impact, they'll become gods.

Balls, I was going to stay and shitpost with you lot about Mari and how she is actually a pretty good character, albeit a bit shallow, but I'm off.
Asuka is wife for life
Rei is QT
Mari is fucking soooooooooooooft and you shouldn't take advantage of cute girls that have fallen over.

>Eva 01 face
Was it rape?

I just don't understand what her narrative purpose is. She just seems to be a not-fucked-up Asuka, but why did we need this in Eva?

You might think she's cute or not or whatever (and that's fucking great for you), but what's the point of her character? Can anyone actually explain what she adds to the plot of the films?

Pic semi-related.

>This would have made it way too obvious that Kaworu is a scumbag

I don't think you appreciate the effort apologists put in. Kaworu got to where he is now from declaring humans exist to suffer and are easy to destroy in 1996.

Someone is butthurt Rei was removed from 3.33. Also miss the point that Kaworu meant to Shinji he could find happiness despite the pain.

That was the whole message he needed to learn. Seele wanted to run away from the pain.

Why? Please explain.

she just want Asuka be happy, also she really hate shinji,

I like to believe Anno thought "what if we put an eva fangirl into the story?" The way she talks sense into Shinji and gets him to give a damn. She genuinely feels like she's not from the same show as everyone else.

Evangelion was always a borderline ecchi comedy. Why you people want to pretend there was some kind of deeper meaning I'll never know.

Is this a cool case?

If the manga's ending is canon for the movies, she was the original test pilot for the Evangelions and probably knew Yui and Kyoko personally, explaining why she was capable of piloting Unit 02. That'd mean she's probably neck fucking deep in the conspiracy, and likely working for either SEELE or for Gendo to bring Yui back.

probably not

Definitely not. She's in with IPEA and the special research she's recruited for in the extra might somehow reflect that, but it's pointedly not directly related to Yui, Seele, or what they're up to.

I'm fine with anything as long as the execution is good.

>Ritsuko says that Ayanami is always wearing the same plain underwear, and suggest her to ask Gendou to buy some cute ones
The fuck? Gendo buys Rei's underwear? I guess that confirms they're fucking.

>Personally, I didn't dislike that at all, I like Kaworu a lot, he's like the friend I never got to have in my life.

You must have some really serious issues, if you think that inhuman abomination that emotionally tortured an unstable teenage boy to weaken him in battle and when that didn't work got butthurt enough to travel accross timelines for more emotional torture, is a friend material.

>Also miss the point that Kaworu meant to Shinji he could find happiness despite the pain.

You are the one missing the point. The point of Kaworu is that there is no escape from the hedgehog dilemma and that if someone appears to accept you unconditionally and offer you happiness without pain, this person is out to manipulate and betray you.

Yes.

Nice fanfic, you sound like someone that got their heart crushed at a young, tender age.

>if someone appears to accept you unconditionally and offer you happiness without pain, this person is out to manipulate and betray you.
Spotted the atheist.

Nice projection and denial of facts, it's always funny when a rabid shipper tries to read others.

Kaworu x Shinji is canon by the way.

>spotted the largest religious demographic on this site
Stop the presses.

And were you forced to sit by yourself at lunch?
How about all those parties you weren't invited to in high school?
Let it all out, we won't judge.

>Spotted the atheist.

Maybe you should not be surprised that the series where the image of cross is associated with a mass destruction attack and end of humanity is not particulalry keen on the idea of all-loving entities.

I assume they created her just so they could utilize shinobus VA.

Your projection is reaching disturbing levels.

Have fun in hell.
I bet you think homosexuality isn't a disease.

Aw, I think I hurt the tumblrkin's feelings.

I never said anything about Christianity, retard.

But I don't care for heaven, so don't you look for me to cry.
And I will burn in hell, from the day I die.

fuck, right in the nostalgia.

This is a Christian website, heathen.

>atheism
>largest religious demographic
3/10

Metallica fan?

Kaworu is straight and doesn't care for faggots.
Just like Jesus.

What does your prudish God think about browsing a Mongolian porn tapestry website?

God lurks Cred Forums and you know it.

>he didn't understand what i meant
atheism isn't a religion and therefore not the "largest religious demographic"

>not thinking qt incubus boys with great fashion and music sense make the best kinds of friends
Get a load of this moralist cunt.

>tumblrkin

Stop revealing your dirty secrets, we already know that Tumblr is the haven of Kaworufags like you.

>I never said anything about Christianity

Christianity is the only religion with a loving god (Allah just demands absolute obedience because he is greater than you, and so does whatever is left of YHWH in Judaism; Buddha's compassion leads him to teaching you the way to commit an eternal suicide, and the whole plot of Eva is basically driven by people who found a way to reach an approximation of Nirvana with Science!). Besides, guess to what religion blazing crosses might refer.

Cred Forums may have become large, but look at the rest of the site. What you'd call degeneracy is rampant. I mean, take a look at Cred Forums's catalog. This website's always been associated with porn, hentai and fetishes.
Well you're right.

>Christianity is the only religion with a loving god
Y-yeah, he's totally not blackmailing mankind

>tumblr
>caring about anything with a penis
Am I being taken on a ruse cruise?

>Christianity is the only religion with a loving god
Book of Job, fagatron.

>he responds 10 minutes later from washing his tear-stained face
The Reifags are losing it, you guys.

No shit, sherlock.

Hot.

>Book of Job
Not to be taken literally

This is my fetish.

The entire book is not to be taken literally.

So?

so he planned for his series to go unfinished and then remade multiple times to milk more money from otaku?

EoE is the perfect closure to the series.
The Rebuilds are just a fun fanfiction.

So is there any way to buy the original Eva dvds without spending six years in Japan's salt mines after selling both legs and all non-essential organs?

wasnt this one of many of annos fuck-yous to the fans?

"oh im sorry, did i ruin your idea of a creepy quite girl and an aggressive bitchy girl fantasy? here! have some third girl that is purely here for cheese cake! you like that dont you, you greasy vapid mouth breather? you disgust me." -Anno after designing this character

pretty sure he's bitter because his deconstruction of mech/harem anime and anime in general had strong undertones that waifuism is shit, putting the kuudere and tsundere in a realistic, dysfunctional light only to have his rhetoric ignored and be turned into the very thing he despises about the industry.

eva was basically a long way of saying "stop being shitty and do something with your life"

but here we are, complaining about a tiddy monster that is yet again a satire at our expense

>he's bitter
People keep saying that, but what's the source? He was depressed 20 years ago, is he still struggling?

>not liking EoE

Fucking pleb weeb

>comes up with a completely wild and loose theory about how to read Eva
>Hurr just watch the anime, it's all there

Not over Eva. He only calls it his exhausting and painful baby crafted from chips off of his own soul that he's very proud of when he's asked where the movie is.

yes

Kill yourself.

Job is old testament, try again.
Try revelations.

>implying the bible retcons matter

>It's another 'We pretend Anno isn't a mega otaku faggot and interpret everything as criticism of the culture when Eva is the most "otaku as fuck" shit ever' thread
The Eva fandom is full of misinformation.

the funny thing is that most of the pics on the left have better composition and staging than the ones on the right

That's because you don't know what fanservice or evangelion is, you dummy.

3.33 is obviously the most fanservice-filled and un-evangelion movie there is, and that's fucking provable. 3.33 only has shock value and fanservice, and that is NOT Evangelion. Only dumb people think 3.33 is "the most evangelion" because they didn't understand Evangelion to begin with, so it's all shock value to them.

It's full of deluded people, Cred Forums shits on evageeks regularly but there's plenty of evageek-tier idiots here as well. Unless they flow into Cred Forums...

>3.33 only has shock value and fanservice, and that is NOT Evangelion
Yes it is.

Argue for it and prove it then. Otherwise you're just "yet-another-cucked-3.33fag".

Prove what? That Evangelion is and has always appealed to the lowest common denominator: Manchildren/babby's first "dark" animu?
That's just plain fact.

>BUT EVA SUCKX MANE
Oh I see, you're retarded. I regret giving you (You)'s, but just for the record: like Evangelion or not, there are clear differences between the tv-series and the rebuild movies. So fuck off.

Never watched it but is Eva really THAT meta? That's impressive.

It's meta, but that post is of course full of shit.

I'll put it this way.

2.22 had the lead characters finally making decisions everyone had wanted to see for years. Shinji grows a spine, Rei shows emotion, all this on top of decent action and guess what? Third impact.

That is the """""height""""" of fanservice. It gave people what they wanted. It exceeded everyone's expectations because when you sit down to watch EVA, you're usually in for a rather discomforting time. 2.0 was the exception. When I saw it, it didn't feel like I was watching Evangelion.

3.33 comes along and turns all of that on its head. Character assassination left and right, a world that's seen third impact and LORE in the form of set pieces thrown all over. A lot of which are allusions/references to the third impact of EoE. The movie was meant to subvert your expectations and leave a bad taste in your mouth. What makes the movie good is that in the midst of things, Shinji is as confused as we are and he's just trying to make sense of what's going on. Why? Because Anno wanted to give 2.0 babbies the same kind of shake up NGE watchers had when they saw the world end in EoE.

Dare I mention that half the things 2.22 introduced are left as unexplained as everything in 3.33

I don't hate Evangelion, I am not even sure I care enough about the generic message: "do something because human life is precious" but the fanbase, good God, why are you making me suffer into this path?. Evangelion is not even that of a hot bread.

She is too qt purrfect to ignore though, and she will always have a special place in my heart in all her representations.

>2.22 had the lead characters finally making decisions everyone had wanted to see for years. Shinji grows a spine, Rei shows emotion, all this on top of decent action and guess what? Third impact.
>That is the """""height""""" of fanservice. It gave people what they wanted.

This is subjective, as a sizeable portion of the fanbase did not want to see this, e.g Asuka fans and Kaworu fans were livid because they mostly think about shipping, which 2.22 threatened.
Not only that, these are things that are already present in NGE itself. Shinji does grow a spine in NGE, and Rei does show emotion, and NGE is packed with decent action circa 1995.

So this:
>It exceeded everyone's expectations because when you sit down to watch EVA, you're usually in for a rather discomforting time. 2.0 was the exception. When I saw it, it didn't feel like I was watching Evangelion.

Cannot be objectively true unless you've grossly misrepresented what NGE is. You've presented us, me, with a lie here - I have a theory as to why.

So when 3.33 appears, it's not disliked or criticized for being dark alone. As everyone who watched NGE knows, it becomes darker, and 2.22 was already making things darker so objectively the notion you present does not make sense and never will.

3.33 is criticized precisely because of it's low standards in all aspects save for budget - it's called boring because everyone knows Evangelion is liable to get darker, and critics like Hiroki Azuma agrees. A dark turn is not to be unexpected in a franchise known for it, in fact people were anticipating it.

The only expectation 3.33 subverts is the expectation that 3.33 would be a good movie. It is the only area in which there is confusion and disappointment, and you can't rationally defend that. Because rather than solid storytelling, characterization and meaningful characters, you are served extreme amounts of fanservice.

3.33 is only enjoyed by people who hated 2.22, the bitter otaku fangroups.

Enjoy your cartoon for 10 year old kids, movie or not it's the same unintelligent shit.

so I haven't watched the rebuilds yet, but really why does she exist? Why not just use toji?

Because the boys in Evangelion aren't popular unless they're named Kaworu or Shinji

Remember kids, the more you hate it, the bigger it gets

There is literally nothing wrong with the remakes.

B-but I like shinji's friends...

He's not bitter. If you look at his interviews now he actually seems really happy. But he does say that Eva takes a lot out of him because it comes from a very personal place and that changing the story for the Rebuilds has been like battling with the person he was 20 years ago.

You and probably 12 other people

The problem is that "current" Evangelion is 20 years old.

The only thing Anno is bitter about, is his favourite characters not getting the #1 spot in polls, but a character he doesn't like such as Rei, does.

This bitterness transforms itself into interviews and virtually guides everything Khara has ever done in a not so insignificant way.

Part of Anno's ploy to make Asuka more popular. Adding a lesbian "option" for Asuka now draws in the yuri-crowd to back Asuka in polls.

Reminder that Seele are ancient aliens who died for your sins

I love how all the Reifags are still so asspained and feel persecuted

About what exactly?

Look at the thread, they feel persecuted by Anno and everything is only done to hurt Rei
It's cute in a way, they really love her

Is it? Was it? I didn't get that impression from the rebuilds at all. From the parts I understood at least.

Read the thread

I did. I was referring to the Rebuilds however and I don't see it.

Of course you don't, it's not real

I think Eva fans are just asspained in general over the new Rebuilds so far.

I'm not
They're fun

>he actually thinks is only the Reifags

The Rebuilds focus on Rei very negatively while at the same time giving oostivw focus to e.g Asuka.

I thought it was a succession of Selee members throughout history.

Positive*

Fuck off nigger

It's still very fucking odd to think that Mari is very close to being canon lesbian thanks to the manga.

Like, fuck, what is the point? I thought she was Otaku bait but this feels more like Anno inserting his wife in the show along with his cuck fantasies of seeing her making out with other woman.

>Mari is very close to being canon lesbian thanks to the manga.
look here

Yes, but not in the way you are thinking she is.

She's the embodiment of what Anno thinks is wrong with Evangelion, she's the kind of hotblooded "fun" pilot mechafags want. She's another pretty girl for the otaku crowd to stroke their dicks to.

And she's terrible, she doesn't fit into that world at all. And I would like to believe that Anno is lucid enough to see this. So there is no way that she isn't intentional.
After all, Anno hates the people who like Eva and this is for them.

She is based on Anno's wife so I doubt she is what Anno thinks is wrong.

She is what Anno thinks doesn't belong in Eva. Her being based on his wife would only reinforce that point.

>based on Anno's wife
care to explain, this is new to me

>I know what Anno is thinking

Mari is one of the most jobbing characters I ever witnessed in any form of media.

Loses most battles, couldn't get the senpai she wanted once, spends 14 years with another one just to be pushed aside again and despite being supposedly big in the intrigues is absolutely useless in them.

Anno isn't much of an enigma.
We know that he doesn't like what Eva has turned into. And he does like the money, so he can't actively speak up against the people too much.
None of these points are far-fetched, considering these two points.

Nah, Gendo says they could have lived forever but it's time for them to hit the road

I wish Rei looked like this by default, but with even bigger titties and a fatter ass.

Bullshit. No source and it contradicts reality.
Mari was created to pander along with Asuka in the Rebuilds.

This is true. I remember watching a fan sub of EoE back in the 90s a friend got from the flea market. Knew some foreign exchange students in middle school that had info on these things. The movie really was a fuck you to the otaku fanbase. I did not understand what it was about at the time. Even then I knew this series of pretentious garbage.

So I feel lucky never being invested in it at all.

money, dear boy

It doesn't contradict anything at all.
And I did address the pandering, didn't I?

Mari isn't based on his wife.
The proposal of adding a new character was made by the sponsors, not Khara and Anno.

The proposal, but the staff made the character. Sadamoto feels particularly strong about her, considering how much in the design and all that, thus why he went out of his way to add her in the manga.

Let's even say this bullishit were true, he sounds in heavy denial
>she's ironic
>I didn't want to add a sexy girl because I like them or anything it's meta-commentary on the series and fanbase
>i-i-it's sarcastic I swear

>show Asuka's tits
>Shinji gets a tounge kiss from Misato
>giant naked Rei
>Asuka keeps flashing Shinji
It was fanservice plain and simple, get over yourself

We know that already you fucking retard.

But the fanservice had meaning

Why can't it be both?
Why can you not use something you enjoy to do criticism?

please continue...

Yeah, a ton of marketing potential and people going
>HOLY CRAP ASUKA TITTIES
>HOLY SHIT REI TITS

>It was fanservice plain and simple, get over yourself
No shit, that is why It is pretentious garbage. A fanbase making it out to be something deeper than it really is, and than shitting on them for it. Can you not read or lack the comprehension of it?

It was still excellent fanservice with great production values

Hope than Final kill this series.
I love eva but i really hate Anno.
I do not understand why he hate something than save his life in the past.

Which is all it'll ever be known for. Its popularity is a meme for normalfags seeing "ANIMES" for the first time. I have more respect for a fag's first anime being Sailormoon and Dragonball Z.

And that's bad?
Excellent fanservice with really great girls, cool mechas, phenomenal monster designs, sensational soundtrack, badass characters like Gendo and Kaji, over the top insane story and lore with huge depth and a lot of hidden trivia
And starting from EoE the production values were fantastic too, it's an amazing series that deserves the recognition and fame it gets and has

My hand slipped onto something soft. Sorry.

The idea that Anno hates Evangelion and whatnot is too loose. That he "hates what it has become".

Some parts of it, yeah, but you need to be more specific.

The characters in EoE get their characters continued and finalized in a more than well-meaning manner.

Movies are allowed to have nudity, intimacy and yes, even sex - without it being fanservice. Any number of works from Blade Runner to Barry Lyndon has sex and nudity in it, and so does EoE.

So don't give us that shit.

Whoopsy daisy

Because it doesn't fit Anno's MO, nor does it even have a critical effect.

Introducing Mari as he has done has had the following consequences:

- Add a marketable character that sells through sex
- Increase the popularity of characters such as Asuka, as she gets a lesbian counterpart in Mari and that draws in a huge yuri-crowd

It's not intended to critique, it's intended to sell and popularize.

Its just regurgitated opinions coined as "facts" at this point.

He's claimed that, too. At least the promotion before 1.0 was that success had made the franchise disorganized and misunderstood and the movies were intended to clarify it. Simultaneous to claiming he'd watched the show for the first time just before pre-production and was surprised it was interesting. Then he didn't say anything like that being the intent of Rebuild again.

In what part of what you wrote or what your cite is there anything that proves that "Anno hates what EVA has become" on a general basis?

Precisely. You can arrest Anno on some cases of disliking Eva's popularity, but only in very limited ways - and in ways that make around half of the fanbase deny it because it doesn't fit their internal fanbase agenda.

If anything is done simply to please the fans with no other reason it's fanservice
This can apply to anything
From nudity, to sexy poses, from gore to violence
And fanservice isn't a bad thing, but you need to acknowledge it as such

Take e.g Misato's kiss - she's established as sexual person who can expresses herself like this. It's not a good thing, it makes her pathetic.

I don't acknowledge it as fanservice at all, because fanservice is reserved for parts of a work that is solely intended to be, and is in effect, fanservice.

Someone drinking a cup of tea can be interpreted as fanservice if there are fans who are serviced by watching someone drinking a cup of tea.

What you think of as "fanservice" is merely parts of a work depicting life.

You do know there is a thing called food porn right?
That's a kind of fanservice as well

>2.22 had the lead characters finally making decisions everyone had wanted to see for years. Shinji grows a spine, Rei shows emotion, all this on top of decent action and guess what? Third impact.
I have to agree.
I remember when 2.22 came out, some Asukafag loved that the movie finally gave justice to Asuka. They made her relatable, a badass, a (real) tsundere and even made her cook! At the end of the movie, she even laments that she needs to grow as a person and to accept her flaws. Something the original Asuka would never do.

And then BAM 3.33 comes along.
Rei is even more deadpan and not the same character. Asuka hasn't grown up or changed (because of the curse of Eva), Kaworu is still gay but get's his head blown off. And Mari has still done nothing except be eyecandy.

I forgot where I read it but 1.11 is basically a 1:1 recreation of Eva. 2.22 is what the fans wanted out of Eva and 3.33 is what Eva truly is.
So we'll see how that theory stacks up when 3.33+1.11 comes out.

That dumb theory was about the numbers being "editions"
1.11 is what Eva is
2.22 is what fans think it is
3.33 is what Anno thinks it is
And apparently 1.11+3.33 is what Eva is + what Anno thinks it is
I don't like this theory, it sounds stupid

Final will be a thematic repeat of 1.0 updated with the lore of 3.0, but this time Shinji will do it "right"

To be honest they didn't do shit with her, in 2.0 it seemed like they could have a purpose for her but then on 3.0 she did jack shit, just like Asuka that has no purpose in surviving the angel attack in 2.0... 3.0 was such a fucking train wreck.

That really wasn't my impression. Shinji is looking for Rei all over that last one, or not. It was like Asuka didn't even exist for him anymore iirc

I dunno, we'll see.
1.11 was simply mecha fighting awesomeness with a bigger budget without any philosophical or psychological view to it.

There needs a 4.0 to see if that theory holds any validity.

>The proposal of adding a new character was made by the sponsors
Is there proof of this?

>I have to agree.
Oh fuck off. I don't know if you're replying to yourself, but what you wrote was just bullshit.

The most hardcore Asukafags were outraged at 2.22, something a quick trip down the Cred Forums archive or a quick trip to evageeks will tell you. So fuck your shitty made up anecdote.

The facts are that 3.33 is made to pander to otaku exclusively, whilst 2.22 is a movie that can stand on it's own and be understood by the general audience, something it has in common with NGE.

Notice how you think of "Rei" as how Shinji relates to her? That's the problem. Rei as her own character is gone completely, and without any exception whatsoever, has her character been weaker than the originals. The opposite goes for the other characters.

Kick off the shipping goggles.

It's a retarded theory.

Even if it was suggested by a sponsor, Anno would still have the full power to deny it.

You see, Anno owns:

-The IP
-The Studio that makes Rebuild
-The Project of making Rebuild itself

plus he's got unofficial veto-rights because he's fucking Hideaki Anno and the rest have to lick his boots.

Anno explained that he used only his own money in funding the Rebuilds, that he isn't reliant on other investors.

>b-but why is there investors in Rebuild then?!
Because Anno can then make more money on merchandise, you fucking idiot.

Rei was alway a blank sheet of paper. That was her appeal: Perfect material for projection or -put more positively- the perfect female in terms of devotion and service to the point of absolute selflessness.

Thanks, that's what I thought.

That is what every butthurt Asukafag and Rei-hater tells themselves before they go to sleep at night.

Rei in the original was nothing like that, and the slew of insults you just came with is exactly why jealous bitches do when they can't deal with reality.

The facts are, as always, that if you make a Rei that is a blank sheet of paper perfect for projection - it's not Rei. Not even if you put it in a huge movie and sell it to everyone, it's unpopular.

No one gives a crap about Rei Q user, or any of the other similar "Rei's" they've shat out since.

Sounds more like Asuka, desu. She has an unfinished blank character in NGE, and it's part of the story that she's blindly devoted to the masters that brainwashed her. Rei actually wrecked the people and the guy who tried to control her life, Asuka was just the equivalent of a gibsmedat director favorite who got everything for free - AKA the perfect otaku waifu.

Hell, Anno even makes a point of this by showing Asuka as just a sex object to be jerked off to, as she lies there like the lifeless sex object she is.

#canonfacts

>Oh fuck off. I don't know if you're replying to yourself, but what you wrote was just bullshit.
Wow, calm your ass you shit, not everyone is a samefag.

>The most hardcore Asukafags were outraged at 2.22, something a quick trip down the Cred Forums archive or a quick trip to evageeks will tell you. So fuck your shitty made up anecdote.
Says the guy giving his own anecdote.

What part of 3.33 was made to pander to otaku?

>it's bad that the 3rd movie in a series can't stand on its own
Fuck off
If you watch episode 23 of Eva with no prior knowledge you can't expect to understand everything

>Rei in the original was nothing like that
She was and it wasn't meant as an insult. Reread my post maybe.
Her personality is hidden, she put it behind a life of duty. It surfaces for moments, but eventually that we are free to speculate and project onto her is her primary appeal. She i perfection, in that aspect.

You dense or something? 3.33 makes it pretty damned clear that it's interpretable as Shinji being punished for liking Rei.

>buddies up with Rei in 1.11
>tries to save Rei in 2.22
>the world is destroyed and everyone hates him in 3.33 for it

Now unless this is ironic and meant to showcase the fanbase as disgusting people who hate Shinji for liking Rei, which is damned unlikely, then what just happened here is obvious.

Asuka shows emotions constantly and displays character. It's an absolutely annoying one but you can't say she's not a character.

That's untrue. While Rei mostly remained emotionless, she was not completely emotionless during the entire story.

Rei being an actual blank sheet of paper is the Rei you got in 3.33 that was literally nothing.

Fuck off

No one was saying that you should watch 3.33 on it's own. It can't stand on it's own even if you watch the prequels.

Says you

He was still the main character last time I checked.
And just because everyone in the movie tells Shinji Rei is evil doesn't make it true.
Come on, you're smarter than that, faggot.

Again, she never was and you have no arguments to show otherwise.

Rei's personality is quite patently in your face as someone depressed, sad and almost dead inside, there is no room for projection here. There are insights and clear facts spelled out for you, and you can't deny that. What you're talking about is that Rei's emotions surface some times, which is completely fucking different and not to be confused with what I mentioned earlier.

That you can "project and speculate" about Rei is something that's true for ALL characters - you can always write your own fanfic, or in the case of what Asuka fans often do, outright deny the canon in order to project their more ideal Asuka onto the story.

Rei or any of the characters are not perfection in any way, only in the ironic, subjective and superlative way. Just like a dinner is perfect or a piece of music is perfect, it's a compliment not a fact.

Rei also shows emotions and constantly displays character. The difference is that Rei's character actually has a solid arc and a conclusion, whilst Asuka's is left open ended and poorly made.

Nobody even tells him Rei is evil, if anything they tell him he is evil because he keeps trying to blow up the fucking world

>Rei's personality is quite patently in your face as someone depressed, sad and almost dead inside
Only that's just not true. You're simply projecting here, faggot.

Holy shit I like Rei as well, but you really need to stop posting, faggot

Of course it doesn't have to be true, you dingus. But the movie is attempting to convince the viewer that it is, and more over, to cater to the people who believe Shinji should be punished for it.

In fact, 3.33 mirrors the emotions of Asuka fans exactly post 2.22, in the following way:

>Able to accept positive changes to Asuka and even move them further to ridiculous glorification
>Unable to accept that Shinji tried to save Rei or go to her dinner party

If you go back to 2009/2011 Cred Forums in the archive, and in particular evageeks, in the "desires for 3.0" comments you find precisely posts saying Shinji should be punished for "saving Rei and not visiting Asuka", even desiring that the world be destroyed to prove their point.

Try inferring the point it's making. They are mad with Shinji because of what he does, and what he does is constantly try to go to Rei and save the world.

It's retarded, but it's basically the life of Asukafags and shippers.

You jack ass- she's not depressed, she's introverted. Sheesh. Are you actually reading this into the character?

Only it's perfectly true, and you're just butthurt about it.

Protip: Being stoic is in fact a part of one's personality. Just like having a tendency to scream is one aspect, having a tendency to speak softly is another.

>uh oh he's making too much sense better shitpost

Fuck off back to evageeks.

Holy shit. Are you a clown?
Being stoic has jack shit to do with being depressed or 'dead inside'

Stop posting. You sound like an idiot.

Actually, Anno explained that she's sad and depressed in an interview he once did.

I'm not reading this into the character, it's quite clearly there.

Are you claiming Rei is happy? Because this is a character where a smile is so rare that it's treated like a major turning point for the character.

The bottom line: Rei is fucked up. She's sad, depressed, and of course, super-introverted to the point of damaging herself. There are preciously few healthy people in NGE.

> She’s a very sad girl. She only has the barest minimum of what she needs to have. She’s damaged in some way; she hurts herself. She doesn’t need friends.”

~Hideaki Anno, Let’s Die Together, Atlantic Magazine, May 2007

>hur dur rei is totally a bundle of joy and rainbows
watch the fucking anime first, retard.

>s-stop posting u sound lke an idiot
Great argument, except you're getting blown the fuck out. How about you stop embarrassing yourself and quit posting?

>Are you claiming Rei is happy?
No. She's mostly at peace with herself and the world most of the time. Her encounter with Shinji breaks that balance of inner simplicity of professionalism and makes her question her existence. She starts to become curious. Not depressed.

It's just not an Cred Forumsva thread until that punished Reifaggot shows up with his persecution complex.

Sorry I don't count author's quotes outside the work itself. Authors change their minds, their work remains what it is. Unless you rebuild.

Rei isn't at peace with herself at all, she has gaping holes in her life she's trying to fill. Crying alone in her own dingy apartment is not a sign of happiness.

Because you know, saying that thankless work is all you have is SUCH a sign of good mental health.

Just stop posting. You're clearly far from sane.

>hur dur rei is totally a bundle of joy and rainbows
Work on your reading comprehension, you pathetic shithead.

>BUT I DONT COUNT THE AUTHOR
Okay, fine, you get to do that, except I referred to it only in an introductory statement, and you've still got the rest of my post to counter-argue.

What? The majority of this board thinks Rei is best girl.

Rei isn't a human. You're the one who's not sane, you clown.

Work on not being a humongous shitpost that can't even get Evangelion. Stick to gaia and tumblr since that's where idiots like you belong.

Gread comeback. You're just pathetic.

The fact that you have no argument and have been blown the fuck out is proof enough that you're the clown.

Just accept that you're wrong and go cry in a corner.

Can you read? I start to doubt it.

Here's an even better one: you can't deal with being wrong so you start shitposting. Congratulations, you're so pathetic you can't even deal with getting a cartoon wrong.

In the meantime, everyone not as fucked up as you will accept very nicely that EVA's characters are messed up.

>no argument
>butthurt and irrational c-can u -r-read response
As expected of the asinine evageeks-tier poster.

Asuka has an unfinished blank character in NGE, and it's part of the story that she's blindly devoted to the masters that brainwashed her. Rei actually wrecked the people and the guy who tried to control her life, Asuka was just the equivalent of a gibsmedat director favorite who got everything for free - AKA the perfect otaku waifu.

Hell, Anno even makes a point of this by showing Asuka as just a sex object to be jerked off to, as she lies there like the lifeless sex object she is.

#canonfacts

Reread my comment. Dumb fuck. I'm not going to repeat my points.

True, but the underlying cause there again would be his attraction towards Rei.

Anno is more or less screaming "FUCK YOU FOR LIKING REI, SHINJI/AUDIENCE!".

He punishes Shinji and kills off Rei to demonstrate that.

>Anno is more or less screaming "FUCK YOU FOR LIKING REI, SHINJI/AUDIENCE!".

If you're an idiot, I guess that's what you see,

You never made any points. You got served and now you're going full butthurt damage control instead of arguing your point.

If you had any new points, you'd have made them already. You're so pathetic you won't even engage in proper discourse and would rather shitpost and feign ignorance.

You'd have to be an idiot to not see it, you mean. You simply don't have any alternate explanations to cover for you, and you can't deny that it's precisely how it was interpreted.

Take out your earplugs and take off your blindfold, user. Right now it seems like you're one of the thousands of Cred Forumssukafags who do damage control on Anno's part, because pointing out what happened only reveals how pathetic both of you are.

Want to discuss 3.33? Then do it, don't just go full denial.

Reread this: >she's not depressed, she's introverted

You did nothing to refute this. Because you can't.
Inb4 that one tear. Everybody cries some time that doesn't mean they're depressed or 'dead inside'.
You're the guy that is insanely projecting with next to no argument.

Ok faggot. Learn to read. Seriously. If you didn't even grasp that I prefer Rei at this point, talking to you further is just pointless.

That Rei doesn't show emotions or character is little more than a vicious anti-Rei meme spread by competing character-fans. Some of Rei's prinicpal scenes is to smile, cry or even be angry or upset, so that's your emotion there. Rei's character and personality itself does also encompass the idea that she's often without enthusiasm or even expression.

Unfortunately some anime fans are unable to process characters that don't act like a cliche 100% of the time. They're unable to cope with Rei's inexpression and personality, because they're used to the over-expressive anime characters catering to otaku.

First off, you did squat to prove what you said was right. You've got nothing, just a vapid claim.

There's been multiple citations from the writer, the series and more to showcase that Rei is deeply unhappy and has big problems with her own existence.

The deep unhappiness Rei shows is clearly a sign of deep depression, and before you throw out some self-appropriated definition of depression, Rei fits all the clinical warning signs anyway.

What part of 'she is introverted' don't you understand? She doesn't display a lot of emotions. I never said Rei doesn't have a character or a personality, only that it's hidden most of the time.
Jesus Christ get over yourself. You're starting to make me feel embarrassed for liking Rei.

it doesn't matter who you say you are, what matters is what you do. So let me repeat:

Take out your earplugs and take off your blindfold, user. Right now it seems like you're one of the thousands of Cred Forumssukafags who do damage control on Anno's part, because pointing out what happened only reveals how pathetic both of you are.

Want to discuss 3.33? Then do it, don't just go full denial.

again: EMPHASIS: Want to discuss 3.33? Then do it, don't just go full denial.

>Rei is deeply unhappy
Prove it. You can't.
>The deep unhappiness Rei shows is clearly a sign of deep depression
Prove it. You can't.

What the hell are you talking about?

I'm making a point that's entirely different to the crap you're talking about.

>b-but I like Rei
Yeah, sounds likely, some guy who defends Asuka but shits on Rei. Fuck right off.

>Fitting the warning signs

Dude, she's NOT human. This doesn't apply.

Soft and cute.

>being a Reifag
>in 2016

Ok I'm done with you. You're just a dense idiot. And you just admitted you didn't read any of my posts.
Have fun being a raging dipshit.

Rei's a QT

>Precisely. You can arrest Anno on some cases of disliking Eva's popularity, but only in very limited ways - and in ways that make around half of the fanbase deny it because it doesn't fit their internal fanbase agenda.
Agreed, and we know that the "fanbase's" opinions can go to extreme/ridiculous (possible trolling) lengths..

Rei is unhappy because the series shows her as apathetic, lonely and miserable with her own existence. From the start she never smiles, but frowns and comments melancholically on her own existence and position.

Rei acts, talks, and walks like someone who is deeply unhappy. She is not happy, satisfied or hopeful for the future. She literally wants to die.

Near the end of the series, we gaze into Rei's heart, and Rei acknowledges that she is miserable and lonely. That is "her heart", her feelings. She then begins to cry, and later she is seen crying alone in her apartment.

The clear absence of happiness, hope and light in her life shows that she is unhappy and sad, a fine synonym for depression.

> the perfect female in terms of devotion and service to the point of absolute selflessness.
> Sounds more like Asuka, desu.

Not even him, but can you even read?

I'll have fun knowing you got blown the fuck out. It's only sad that you'll never improve yourself because you don't have the fucking guts to let go of your own bullshit.

So now that Godzilla is done are we finally going to see the end of this Rebuild shitshow

>From the start she never smiles, but frowns and comments melancholically on her own existence and position.
Not true. She acts neutral and she's all smiles whenever she's with Gendo.
She is just balanced and collected. Just because you don't smile on your work doesn't mean you're depressed or 'deeply unhappy'.

Why doesn't it apply?

Can you? Apply yourself.

Are fictional characters real? Is the concept of the "perfect female" or how she should be "devoted" and "serviceful to the point of absolute selflessness" subjective?

If everyone thought the same here, and if everyone actually wanted that, we'd only prefer one of the characters. Objectively what you propose can't be true.

Who person A will consider the "perfect waifu" is entirely dependent on how much he or she is willing to delude themselves. In Evangelion, that female could just as well be Asuka since she's the safest waifu in NGE because she is favored by the writers, which leads to constant improvements and good treatment, thus making it the most loyal and serviceful.

You already know we are.

Tapped. Draw 2 and discard one or play as a 1/1

That's exactly what an Asukafag would say.

>Wings of Honneamise
Literally the greatest anime film of all time. A truly beautiful and ambitious film, tastefully done and with a good message.

>Gunbuster
>Nadia
>Evangelion
>FLCL
>Gurren Lagann

All bullshit that panders to waifufags with no standards.
What happened to Gainax?

>You already know we are.
Honestly I don't, last I heard he was still mumbling something about Godzilla

You have no argument except strawmen. It's over, we saw straight into Rei's heart, and we saw that she was sad and lonely. She cries.

>b-but you aren't depressed if you don't smile at work!
What a fucking non-argument. Depressed smile are perfectly capable of smiling as well, doesn't mean they are not depressed.

Rei's entire life is one of dark subservience and hopelessness, and Rei like most depressed people in similar situations, copes as best as they can, some worse than others.

The whole point is that Rei is unhappy, i.e not happy.

>we saw straight into Rei's heart, and we saw that she was sad and lonely. She cries.

I give up. Your head is way too deep inside your fictional wife's boobs. All reason is lost on you.

It's precisely what an Asukafag WOULD NOT SAY under any circumstance - even though it's true.

Asuka fans are part of a collective delusion where they engage in full-on waifufaggotry by justifying it as Asuka not being "waifu-core material".

In other words, because Asuka is aggressive, rude and mean, it means she's not a safe fantasy. They pretend Asuka is "real" and therefore, she can't be fake and thus not a waifu, validating their choice in fictional characters.

An Asukafag would never point out any of the above, but I did.

It's in episode 23. The part where she encounters Armisael.

So: NO U.

You're the one too far up your own waifufaggotry war to understand simple, factual observations about a character. Keep pretending your arguments are valid because "you're a reifag" though, only makes you look more pathetic.

You could be the fucking anti-christ for all I care, as long as you make sense you're good. You are not making sense by the way, you lying cunt.

Are you on drugs or something? (I'm assuming these are all you)

>faking indignation and asking dumb questions

When are you going to start with the "omg I can't even", or "it's 2016 god" style of commentary?

>You are not making sense by the way, you lying cunt.
Wow. Pathetic and paranoid on top? I think I'm done here, you've clearly made a point with what you posted so far.

>make a good argument that showcases, with citations, that Rei isn't happy
>the response is "no, that's not true" and it doesn't even touch on a tenth of the arguments made

Why are shitposters like this allowed?

Maybe you should seek help.

no because the rebuild are shit and nobody cares about them regardless

the only problems that matter are those in the original evangelion

So you have no argument, then? Or did you just FORGET to counter-argue the fact that we saw right into Rei's heart in episode 23, and confirm for a fact that she's sad and lonely?

If anything has been made clear, it has been that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, but still pretend that you have made any points.

>NO U

>Says Rei isn't always happy so she must be depressed and miserable with her whole existence
>is surprised if he's not taken seriously

I made my points here Which you chose to dismiss as 'strawmen' while I'm fairly sure you don't even know what a strawman really is or you didn't care here.
So go fuck yourself.

Then research before you shitpost.

What's wrong with Asukafags, Cred Forums? It's like they only read the Evangelion doujins and then spend their entire fandom on categorically denying everything canonical in NGE.

She screwed Gendo hard. Rei as the selfless doll is some shit Asuka would propagate out of insecurity but so many fans buy into it.

Keep projecting. I know you won't stop and see it so there's no point talking to you further here, king of shitposts. Cheers!

>She screwed Gendo hard
What?

What's wrong with Reifags*

>character that canonically wants to die to end her current existence
>character that rarely smiles, or is enthusiastic
>character that has a scene where we see her confront her own inner feelings of loneliness and sadness
>some guy comes in and says "she's not depressed, just introverted"
>surprised when he isn't taken seriously

Look user. Your points are categorically false. You can bullshit, lie and make up whatever you want, but the series spits in your face. Canon Rei shits on you.

You can't, no matter how much you try, try to pretend that we didn't see Rei confront her own lonely self in scenes like in 23. We saw the insides of Rei's heart, and she was sad and lonely.

It's canon. Deal with it.

Asuka fans buy into it because they side with Asuka, and also Kaworufags/Misatofags because they apparently see Rei as competition.

It's a Reifag admitting Rei got the long Gendong.

As in she ruined his whole plan and all that.

No, Asukafags.

You are still unable to counterargue any of the canonical citations of NGE, which ruin your point. Cheers for me indeed, and cheers for everyone who isn't a retarded bigot such as yourself.

Enjoy being wrong.

She fucked him over.
She rocked his world.

What's hard to understand?

>who isn't a retarded bigot
>bigot

Wat?

You're actually making this more ambiguous...

Screwing someone over = bad
Rocking someone's world = usually a positive

Rei did the former.

Tumblr rhetoric. It can't be reasoned with.

Like as opposed to what? That guy basically fucked her. I wouldn't call leaving a situation like that behind 'fucking someone over'.
But then this is Cred Forums I guess.

It's trying to deal with the cognitive dissonance of Rei fucking Gendo, that's all.

See

Asuka fans come to exist by not understanding or taking to heart Evangelion.

It is necessary for the Asuka fan to deny the canon in NGE to uphold their vision of Asuka, because the first half presents a more nicer, clean version that isn't as tinged with failure. They want happy/genki and cliched anime characters that act just like everything else they've seen, they are unable to process anything else. If they don't recognize or understand it, it's scary to them.

Like our resident Asukafag autist here:
they also have a tendency to be extreme shitposters.

What the fuck are you on about?

>extreme shitposters
Well, we are posting about Rei, it's a bit of an inevitability.

The only autist here is you my friend

It works like this: Gendo creates Rei and wants to use her for his plan to get Yui back. Getting Yui back is everything that matters to Gendo, it's his entire life and his purpose for living. Gendo's actions results in the misery of a lot of people, including even his son, and Rei is no exception.

So when Rei ruins Gendo's work, his reason for living, she screws him over in ways it's hard to imagine getting screwed over.

Case in point, shitposting and thus proving their presence in this thread as expected:

Screw this shit. I've seen Asuka compared to Tetsuya Tsurugi and Kushana. Who are other characters influenced by?

Rei is heavily influenced by Ami Mizuno and Four. Cyber Newtypes in general, actually.

How the fuck was the original ending positive? What the fuck does Shinji's resolution matter when everyone is stuck in the hivemind forever? THAT'S a "fuck you" to the fans. "Oh look Shinji's character develops when it doesn't fucking matter anymore. Humanity is over. The end."

TV ending apologists are the worst.

t. Asukafag autist

[citation needed]

You don't have to interpret it as them being stuck in a hivemind forever. I don't consider it a "fuck you" to the fans at all either way, because it covered the most important points.

How about watching the respective shows their from, samefag? Anno even admitted Sailor Mercury was an influence and Rei was named after Sailor Mars.

Fucking newfag cunts.

>Anno is in no way associated with Ikuhara or Tomino
>CCA was totally not in his top 10
>I have no idea what the fuck Brain Powerd is

Kaworu is Ryo?

Eva is like 20 years old at this point, who the fuck still cares?
I mean I've fapped to pic related but its not like I care about, or have watched, any of the rebuild movies because its over, the story is done, it ended a long time ago. Sure it explored some interesting themes and was quite a watch, but just get over it already, there's an ocean of difference between liking Eva and thinking it was an intelligent, sophisticated, whatever else show and thinking that it's healthy to define major parts of your life by its "DEEPness" for 20 fucking years.
Grow up.

[citation needed]

Everyone knows Rei was named Rei to lure in Ikuhara, from Sailor Mars. But the rest? No source. Four, cybernewtypes? Not even the first clones in anime, much less fiction.

Also stop samefagging, Asukafag autist. It's obvious it's you, you can't help yourself.

You're butthurt Asuka is ripped straight off from Kushana, that's it.

>denying cyber newtypes influence on Rei
Haha okay bud.

>muh SOURCE
Right, because Reifags need everything clearly spelled out to satiate their autism and haven't seen the anime referenced due to their newfaggotry. Well, looks like we're at an impasse if all you can do is screech samefag like a retarded howler monkey, since saying "not the first clones in fiction" is one fuck of a strawman if I ever saw one.

>she screws him over in ways it's hard to imagine getting screwed over

You mean the way Gendo fucked other people's lifes for selfish reasons? Saying she 'screws him over' is basically downplaying the level of shit Gendo is responsible for, user.

No, user is saying she fucked his brains out.

Negro you serious?

From Gendo's perspective, you dense faggot. To every neutral bystander she simply left him and his egotistic shit collapsed on him. As a byproduct of her leaving him behind.

Point is, you can't treat her however you want.

Or rather Gendo is the closest thing she has to a father

Wait a sec, wait a sec, this dumb faggot just referred to Four as a clone. Neither Four nor Rosamia is a clone. Nor QuesQ or Mashymere or Chara Soon. In fact, the only clone newtypes in early UC were the Purus, which also influenced Rei.

Looks like we just proved this Reifag has never watched Gundam.

It's been quite a while since I saw an Eva thread with this much autism. Reminds me of the threads when 3.33 was out.

Point is she didn't care about him.

Yeah. Point is, stop being a pedant.

I can't wait for the 4.0 threads

I know right? This one fag that got called out for taking meds/not taking meds takes the cake. It's like a circus almost.

>they
It's literally the same guy every thread lad

Personally I think the rebuilds are ridiculously Rei-centric and that pleases me

>1.0
>Rei's the only other pilot besides Shinji

>2.0
>There's Asuka and Mari but Rei still has the spotlight

>3.0
>Rei's gone but it's her absence what moves the plot. Kaworu is main there but I don't care about shipping subtext and he explodes anyway

I told you you should have stopped posting earlier, you clown. Now you've embarrassed yourself for the autist you are.

This
Rei is literally the only motivation for Shinji in all 3 movies and yet Reifags still complain
At least Asukafags aren't annoying, then again they girl got to have best girl for 14 whole years, they have nothing to complain about

It's gotten to the point where I'm interpreting "Asukafag", "Otaku" and anything about Rei as umbrella terms for his thoughts on the larger aspects of the films. It seems like those are the only words he understands.

Bland and flavorless.

cool ranch

This site will be the Eva SHITSTORM
when an official theatrical release date comes to fruition.

Anyone had a Print-screen image of Cred Forums during the rebuild's (1-3) releases?

Apparently it had like 500 continuous Eva-threads.

Yeah, the Eva generals pushed 500 easily. But after all, they were generals. You're pretty much obligated to view camrips if you want to avoid getting spoiled and still browse the board.

Those threads were horrible thought

The manga ending being 5000 posts of Reifag buthurt was hilarious thought

Yes. By design.

at least I don't use run-on sentences to make myself seem intelligent.

Nope. Episode 26 was the planned ending. Only episode 25 had production problems and was replaced by what was eventually aired.

This theory is false though.

>You're pretty much obligated to view camrips
I'm screwed, I don't want to see the movie that way.

> being 5000 posts of Reifag buthurt
How so? I was not around during that time.

Are you having a stroke?

It's garbage. Tomino is a meme in itself.

Which Series?

>How so? I was not around during that time.
Because they were expecting a happy ending for Rei not just becoming snow and vanishing

No, because she isn't a character

>. Shinji grows a spine, Rei shows emotion, all this on top of decent action and guess what? Third impact.

All this happened in the TV series as well. Shinji grew a spine in episode 19 too. Remember? Of course not. Every plot point is copied over. The narrative in the Rebuilds is in no way unique, only the aesthetics are. Even Mari is just a chimera of parts taken from other characters.

3.33 is also not at all new. A time-skip during which Shinji is comatose also occurs in the TV series, except it's shorter (months, as opposed tp years). 3.33 differs only in aesthetics again, and the fact that everything is much more exaggerated (stemming from the longer time-skip).

Why is every imbecile so forgetful?

Look at three to the right and three down. It's a perfect example of show don't tell.

Just my imagination, or was 3.33 an elongated (episode 1-2)(Shinji introduction to situation/Unit-1 deployment)

At the beginning; you have Shinji with Misato (at the helm of a vehicle)

Shinji descending to the Geofront.

Shinji meeting Gendo (who's above him) at the middle of the bridge in an Eva cage area.

(Bulk of film) Shinji persuaded/guilt-triped into piloting the Eva.

The Eva that Shinji pilots ascending rapidly from underground.

A battle sequence that has the Eva shinji pilots out of his control.

and ends with an Angel dying.

I believe that Anno wanted to recapture the mystery of Rei element in NGE with Mari.

In an interview; Anno was asked as to what he thought Attributed western Fans liking Asuka and Misato more so than Rei (who was more popular in Japan).
Anno said that Fans in Western Countries like Asuka and Misato due to them strong characters (personality wise)
and attributed Rei's fans as engrossed to her mysterious nature (the mystery of her)

Since Rebuilds is a repeat of NGE's story; everybody knows of Rei, she has no mysterious element because it was already reveled in NGE, I believe Anno created Mari as to be the new mystery girl in rebuilds. I guess it worked ...

delet this

I don't get any mysterious vibes from her though. So far she's only been there for fanservice. They really should have developed her in 3.0, now I feel's it's too late.

She still is the mystery girl...
implemented poorly; Yes.

That's why EoE was a good movie. There was both talent and passion involved. These new movies feel so lifeless.

not so

as in the new movies have some merit to them.

this is the moment when the Rebuilds died to me.

Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?

>Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?
I have no clue,
Yesterday I posted stuff about the Complete Records Collection

From how much Mari changed from the older versions of the script (when she was 100 times better/important) I have no idea why they decided to change her to the 2.0 version.

Remember that stupid scene in 2.0 when eva-1 ran like how retards do in Naruto...

That wasn't in the final version of storyboard, it was added later in post production.

>I believe that Anno wanted to recapture the mystery of Rei element in NGE with Mari.
Which is nonsense. While Rei has an air of mystery around her, Mari has none. Mari hardly even has a character.

Mari was simply created to be shipped with Asuka. That's it.

Asukafag autist samefags out of desperation again.

Sad!

I said he wanted to, but failed.

Also this is the thread's theme.
youtu.be/zOvVb0z6HcE

I don't see any evidence that he wanted to do that at all.

Anno is extremely easy to understand. He's just like the regular otaku stereotype. Just walk it through with me:

-Hideaki Anno is an Otaku.
Hideaki Anno has Asuka as his favorite.
However, Rei is more popular than Asuka in Japan. So Anno, like any other frustrated otaku, thinks that people who don't like his favorite characters are dumb people with bad taste.

Now, the crowd at the convention says they like Misato the most. So what does Anno do?

He says "well everyone else likes Rei because they can't handle characters such as Misato (and Asuka btw)", thus appealing to the audience and affirming their choice, while also antagonizing them towards Rei and positivising them towards Asuka.

I mean, it's basically what any insufferable otaku with self esteem issues (Anno to a T) would do. It's what Anno did.

So where the FUCK does Mari come in? Well, I don't know if Mari was Anno's idea or not. I know what he and his team used her for, and what they planned to use her for. She was planned to be paired with Asuka in shipper-inciting scenes where they feed each other, or partner up together. This is shown in various scenes from 2.22 and 3.33, plus scrapped scenes.

What possible ramifications could this have for the character? Naturally, we now have a more solid lesbian possibility for Asuka. This draws in the huge Yuri audience who now loyally back Mari x Asuka, and thus either Asuka or Mari. In any choice, they'd always back Asuka before Rei or any other character. Because Mari has no character, and her backstory more or less confirms that she's a lesbian, this is in the box.

Anno used Mari to popularize his favorite character.

That scene was badass as fuck, music was cool too
Too bad she got BTFOA so bad

Two girls working together, "in anime" automatically = lesbians.

>Anno used Mari to popularize his favorite character.
You know Anno said that he was confused as to why people like the characters
he said "everyone is sick" when probed the question.

Will you guys ever stop whining?
You sound like those annoying niggers complaining about "whity keeping us down"

>Two girls working together, "in anime" automatically = lesbians.
That's Yuri logic for you. Ask /u/.

In fact, if you made straight yuri action anime, it wouldn't be a crowdpleaser. You need a level of freedom in the relationship, the more the better, so that each an every fan can imagine their ideal situation. That's how it works.

>You know Anno said that he was confused as to why people like the characters he said "everyone is sick" when probed the question
Yeah, I know.

Wut? You're the only one whining.

I'm pretty sure
>Anno hates muh waifu
>Anno mistreats muh waifu
>why doesn't Anno do what I want
Counts as whining

Yeah, you're crazy. Pointing out what Anno does isn't whining, but acting like a child greentexting is.

I can't wait to see the janky ass dutch angle camrip of 3.0+1.0.
The hype is building.

Hideaki Anno's Roundtable Discussion
wiki.evageeks.org/Statements_by_Evangelion_Staff#Hideaki_Anno:_What_were_we_trying_to_make_here.3F

Ironically the Quote about Anno's favorite chatacter and the fan;s favorite occurred at the same time.

On his favorite Evangelion character...

ANNO: Asuka , because she's cute.

When told that the American audience favors Misato .
ANNO: I'm surprised. In Japan, the overwhelming favorite is Rei . They can't handle strong women such as Misato and Asuka .

On Evangelion's last two episodes , which upset many fans...

ANNO: I have no problem with them. If there's a problem, it's all with you guys. Too bad.

You just have a victim complex and get easily #triggered over your waifu

What's so ironic about that?

Anno
> I have no problem with them. If there's a problem, it's all with you guys. Too bad.
kek

How can one man be so based?

No I think you're #triggered because I've only talked about what Anno said, which caused you to throw a tantrum. I think you keep throwing around nonsense like accusations of "whining" and "victim complex" because you are seriously bothered by what Anno has done because it makes you look bad.

Which is weird, considering that Anno himself admitted to not being happy about the ending, to the point of wanting to go live on TV to apologize for not being able to perform.

Anno is actually pretty dishonest, unfortunately.

>Remember that stupid scene in 2.0 when eva-1 ran like how retards do in Naruto..
It's easier to animate. Fucking stupid looking, but easier to animate.

because the source of information that were both citing from in order to validate our differing opinions happened at the exact same time.

I'm not seeing how that's ironic. Care to explain more?

It runs normally the rest of the time, is this maybe supposed to be a throwback to the scene in EoE wherein Unit 02 runs like that?

But I love every part of Eva, you're the one getting mad over Rei
I loved the original series, I loved EoE and I love the rebuilds
I love what Anno has done with Eva, except that whole waiting over 4 years before 4.0 enters pre-production, that was really annoying

How, is it easier? they animated unit-1 running normally 5 seconds earlier...

Same, I personally enjoyed the manga a lot more.
I remember in one of the commentaries by Sadamoto he mentioned how his version of Eva is different from Anno's because Eva is meant to be a deeply personally experience, and Sadamoto hates himself and the fans a lot less than Anno does, so as a result the characters are a bit less depressive and shit

I think it's supposed to show how fast it's going
See where it doesn't have wind effects all over it
Basically it's going so fast it's more aerodynamic to run like that

>But I love every part of Eva, you're the one getting mad over Rei
You're talking nonsense. I'm talking about what Anno said, you're throwing wild accusations everywhere.

That's why I don't believe you "love every part of EVA", because you're obviously trying to protect yourself here since you're going on the defensive. Truth is, you only love part of Evangelion.

>How, is it easier?
Because it's fucking easier. Doesn't change the fact that it's A - Stupid and B - Awful looking.

That's why you're the one samefagging hours later after you got your ass handed to you, right?

But I do love it all

Quit samefagging already, Asukafag autist. Everyone knows it's you.

Reifags can never ever stop whining or having a persecution complex. They are the niggers of the Eva fandom.

If you do, then you'll talk about it and not act like our friend the butthurt Asukafag autist here:

There's just no need to go bananas about conspiracy theories and shout about niggers and vicitmization complex. Don't be like that guy and signal that you have no argument, just otaku frustration.

>In an interview; Anno was asked as to what he thought Attributed western Fans liking Asuka and Misato more so than Rei (who was more popular in Japan).
Anno said that Fans in Western Countries like Asuka and Misato due to them strong characters (personality wise)
and attributed Rei's fans as engrossed to her mysterious nature (the mystery of her)

>I don't see any evidence that he wanted to do that at all.
>Anno used Mari to popularize his favorite character.

>I-I'll attack him 5 hours later because I got my ass fried earlier. Everyone will have forgot by then!

Sore-ass faggot. Your tears are delectable.

The Asukafag autist samefagging != handing someone's ass

It might be stupid and awful looking but it makes a lot of sense from an physics standpoint
Anime physics is serious business

>samefagging this hard
>implying anyone should take you seriously
Cry more bitch nigga.

Everyone shut the fuck up already.

I'm still not seeing the irony. Explain it with words.

Oh just give it a break already. You use the same damned images, you post the same images from the same shows you're watching forty years later than everyone else, and you have the exact same obnoxious shitposting style as you've ever had.

Will you never learn?

>it makes a lot of sense from an physics standpoint
Maybe in regards to vehicles and aircraft, but not people. If an Eva moves like a person and encounters the same general wind resistance, more speed would be generated from leaning forward and swinging the arms, just like sprinters, to help maintain forward momentum.

Anime physics IS serious business, but this scene was just fucking dumb

>the asukafag autist
>known for turbosamefagging and never contributing anything but shitposting
>accusing anyone else of samefagging

Why though? What exactly do you think you gain except embarrassing Asuka fans every single time you shitpost?

Ok
I like Misato, I wanna kiss her, taste the shitty cheap beer in her mouth and tell her I'm buying booze next time

Boohoo, nigga. Boohoo. You thought Cyber Newtypes were clones, you haven't even watched these shows in the first place. I'm dying here.

If you post under this line you admit you're a faggot and that both Asuka and Rei suck
-------------------

Guilty as charged.

Asukafag autist, listen: nobody care what you convinced yourself of. To everyone else, you're as retarded as ever.

>nobody care what you convinced yourself of
Reifags so mad they're literally reverting to monkeys.

You can't make this shit up.

I agree, Rei does indeed suck.

You seem to think an Eva moves as fast a human
Evas a much much faster, so you need to consider the air, if you keep pulling your arms up and against the air you lose a lot of speed, so pulling your arms back behind you makes them not give any air resistance
So the object moving is more aerodynamic and faster

You do realize it's painfully obvious you haven't watched these series until now, right? You've been posting screencaps of them constantly, and you're forty years behind, Asukafag autist.

Then it's just sad how you completely make up "omg I ownzed u xd" by literally reframing entire posts and attacking strawmen.

>"lololo this guy referred to four as a clone xD"

I mean are you sick or what, asukafag autist? How about you watch the rest of Gundam and read/watch more fiction before you comment. It's not like it matters anyway since you're just here to shitpost. Then guess what? That makes you the nigger of the evangelion fanbase, you're dumb, uneducated, can't do anything but shout and cry like a monkey. Stop projecting and grow the fuck up.

I missed the "WAAAAAH WHY ANNO TREATS MY WAIFU SO BADLY" for a while.

Thanks senpai

>this mad you can't into Gundam and I called you out on it
/m/ still talks about Gundam all the fucking time, newfag

I like posting caps of when I rewatch.

Boo
Hoo
Nigga.

Missed this loveable retard too.

>You seem to think an Eva moves as fast a human
Nope.

>Evas a much much faster, so you need to consider the air, if you keep pulling your arms up and against the air you lose a lot of speed, so pulling your arms back behind you makes them not give any air resistance
One arm goes up, you throw the other arm forward. It's a basic means of maintaining momentum regardless of size. Given that an Eva has far greater strength than people, the wind resistance is a non factor.
Assuming that aerodynamic inherently equates to faster is a misnomer, a lot of speed generated by runners comes from utilising the swinging motion of ones arms.
It's literally a fact.

Okay, then join the line of people who want to do that. You're after all the guys who already did and going in for a second ride.

The only reason they made it run retarded naruto-style was probbaly because they wanted a sonic boom, and that works better when the EVA looks more aerodynamic and uniform. That is, no flailing arms allowed.

Asukafag autist, please take your medication, stop leeching on your parents and for gods sake, stop acting like some subhuman memespouting cancerfountain. It's really fucking tiresome and if you haven't noticed from all the times your posts get deleted and you get banned, you're nothing but a negative influence on Cred Forums.

>subhuman memespouting cancerfountain
>meanwhile posts Reddit: The candidate in a western artstyle
He's reaching nuclear meltdown.

So yeah, had you actually known shit about gundam, you'd know that it does in fact have cyber newtype clones.

Yeah, but that was because she was preparing to punch through an EVA.

Hey faggot. See ctrl+f puru my nigga.

REIFAGS BLOWN THE FUCK OUT LIKE REI'S ASSHOLE.

Actually, it was because the animator who drew that scene was typically involved in Ninja related anime and frequently drew characters running in that way. The Naruto Running meme needs to die.

The funny thing is that the more the Asukafag autist keeps posting, the worse the asukafag autist makes himself look. It never fails.

see

How will Reifags ever recover?

>I-I totally meant the Purus after I went back and saw your post mentioning the 1 example!!!!

Is this supposed to make a point>?

>i-i totally knew about puru!
Uh-huh. So if you rewind to that post, you'll find your entire samefagging tantrum was irrelevant. You even samefagged a dozen times just to get a rise.

You got asked for a source, and then you chimped out like t he evangelion-version of the nigger you are.

Except I mentioned it hours before you did, and you used the one exception. You played yourself toots.

Well Im making one,
How did we go from this...

To this?

Ok, look at the run again
You know what it looks like?
An ostrich, the fastest bipedal beings on earth
They run by lowering their shoulders, keeping higher limbs pushed behind and relying on their legs
So yeah, it makes sense and that's what the Eva did

>Reifag being this retarded
I normally don't even like this guy but you just got bodied by him. Just leave the thread for good this time.

Your last resort was using a counter-argument he himself made. Ergo, he argues against himself better than you ever did.

So you're saying that the people who called you out on being retarded was right all along? Congratulations Asukafag, you've demonstrated your'e delusional, again. Gundam has cyber newtype clones, but what's more, Gundam isn't the first fiction to have that.

In the meantime, you're short of a source but high on butthurt.

>"i normally don't like this guy but bodied lol"
Are you even trying Asukafag autist? Your v-tier lingo like "bodied" is signalling to high heavens it's you. It coldn't even be more clear if you had a big fat red warning sign next to your name.

>So yeah, it makes sense and that's what the Eva did
One of these things is not like the other.

>Large flightless bird
>Bipedal Upright walking mammal

>Dude let me totally strawman you now that it's five hours later
>I TOTALLY just didn't recognize you mentioned Purus now

Keep posting.

>asukafag autist goes FULL DAMAGE CONTROL

How sweet it is. Turns out like it always does, evaposter #1231245 says something the asukafag autist doesn't like, asukafag autist throws tantrum, samefags to high heaven and then goes full damage control afterwards.

Not even once in any thread ever has the asukafag autist done anything but get his posts deleted, get banned or get blown the fuck out.

>19:31:57
>19:33:01
This is just embarassing, Reifuck. Come on now.

The only point was that Gundam does in fact have cyber newtype clones, and then you tried to feign a point about "OMG THIS GUY XD", and then you lost. It's that simple.

wtf I love Trump now
And the Evas can't do a sonic boom, they'd get fucked up badly from something like that

Holy shit just everyone shut up
YOU'RE SO FUCKING ANNOYING SHUT UP

>19:31:57
>19:33:01
>19:34:08
>19:35:13

HE'S ABOUT TO BLOW.

Except he accounted for Puru long before you put your tail between your legs and mentioned it five hours later.

His post is here
>In fact, the only clone newtypes in early UC were the Purus

You're still failing to account for the rest of the examples that weren't clones. Furthermore, Puru appeared in ZZ and cyber newtypes existed before that.

Had me a giggle.

>asukafag autist goes full rage mode with shitposting

Sad!

Quit samefagging!

They did a sonic boom in Rebuild. These things stop falling angels that'd obliterate cities, what's a little sonic boom?

Holy fuck can you NOT stop samefagging?

>Except he accounted for Puru long before you put your tail between your legs and mentioned it five hours later.
That's what I said, you (lol HE AHAHAHAHAHA) was blown the fuck out from the start. Give it up asukafag autist, you lose again.

>I'll cellphone samefag to stop him now! That'll teach him.

It's too late. Far too late. You were too slow, fatass.

>mammal
I'm pretty sure those things are not mammals
Also, the reason we run by moving our arms is a matter of balance, the Evas legs might be powerful enough to handle it better, just because it looks human doesn't mean it is human
I don't remember the sonic boom, when was that?

> (lol HE AHAHAHAHAHA)

HE'S REACHING CRITICAL MASS. RUN!

user I think your reading comprehension just went out the window.

See

That's why you disappeared after that, right?

Asukafag autist must seriously need psychological help.
When he runs to catch the falling Angel.

One: Stop replying to yourself. Asukafag autist, you've been doing this for ages and you know you're the worst shitposter in these threads. There's no use pretending.
Two: You got owned and chimped out like five hours ago. Now you're at it again. You couldn't provide a source, and you got butthurt. People pointed out that four/gundam etc.. are far from the first cybernewtypes and clones in fiction, and that you need something more solid.

You don't have it it. Then you chimped out and here you are, still chimping out.

>The Reifag is reduced to petty cellphone samefagging and ad hominem and outright revisionism
I'm fucking dying, laddie, keep posting.

>this thread
jesus

The Asukafag autist has been banned dozens of times. He knows how much of a piece of shit he is. He is only here to shitpost.

>you got owned
Hello Plebbit.

>people pointed out
Literally no one did.

It takes a brave warrior to slay the mighty Reifag hydra. Once this thread 404's I should be relieved of my post.

Asuka must be one hell of a drug to fuck up this asukafag this much.

Can I watch anime now or are you still going to samefag?

How is this not shitposting general now?

MOOOODS

Remove the asukafag autist again!

I don't see it
Evas aren't mammals
So the exact scene where the Eva pulls the arms behind?
It looks like a sonic boom, but the actual boom isn't there, it probably just got close

This confirms it. I hope you kept the receipt.

EVA's are basically semi-real super-robots. They don't play by the rules.

>come back to thread
>come back to thread to see the Reifag from like 7 hours ago blowing up again

Did it not learn the first time? Yeesh.

Fuck off asukafag autist. Go firebomb some threads and get yourself banned again.

Why would anyone argue they are mammals? Even if you could define them as mammals, they're far from any mammals we know.

Asukafag autist, please fuck off.

I have no idea. It must have been that mad.

No kidding, huh? I mean, look at that. A samefag on the spot. What did you DO to this thing? It's like it's mindbroken or something.

Holy shit get out. EVAs are literally giant humans dressed in MECH. Do you not know this?

Yeah, that's how it is these days. Give a man a (You) he'll shitpost you for a day. Teach a man a (you) and he'll follow you to the ends of the earth.

See? Not even bothering to switch up its rhetoric. Pathetic. But alas, it is how it is.

>I don't remember the sonic boom, when was that?
When Unit 01 goes supersonic racing up the hill to catch the 8th Angel. It generates a shockwave that blows away cars.

Unit 02 also fell from outer space with no protective gear and Units 08 and 13 crashed into the ground from about a mile in the air. Evas are way more durable than humans.

I'm all for acceptance but this thing is not human

They're sorta human

At any rate it looks like it's handlers finally located it at a third world cyber cafe and tranquilized it.

Humanoid*
They have the same organ structure as us, I think it's assumed they have the necessary parts that make them mammalian as well.

These threads would be so much better if Reifags were permanently banned.

Damn these things are creepy
They do?

You just gotta smack em around a bit. Like a faulty television.

They work like faulty televisions if you've ever taken a gander at their /c/ threads.
On the brink of suicide, the lot of them.

Yes

Maybe they just need a good, friendly push.

>asukafag autist is still talking to himself
Just wow.

Reading their posts over there is an endless supply of laughs though.
Fucking look at this shit, they need serious help:

That looks to broken and damaged to tell if they're human organs or just weird alien organs
Besides, I don't see a pussy
Eva sort of implies that the entry plug leads into the "womb" of the Eva
Human girls don't have a womb there

>Eva enters the thread
>"what the fuck am I reading.jpg"

>those elipses
Sasuga, Reifaggots.

Worse than grandpa dying!

>tumblr
>that color
Reifag, just take a time out.

There's a rundown of Unit 00's organs on one of the displays in a few of the episodes and in 1.0. It has the same organs we do as well as two eyes and a mouth.

The entry plug leads into the back side of the core. You can actually see the housing for it in Unit 02's remains in 3.33.

Humans don't have a core

People are discussing the internal organs of the EVA and how it's human/not human.

Stop getting turbotriggered like the asukafag autist you are just because your waifu got pecked to death by a bunch of braindead EVA's.

Bye thread

>I am using any excuse to post 02 guro
>people

You're literally having a conversation with yourself as an excuse to post guro, hypocrite.

A "conversation" doesn't just spring up in a dead thread well past bump limit, friendo. But keep ban evading I guess.

Don't mind me, just keeping all the Reis for myself

Bye, sad asukafag autist had to shit it up.

The sad part is that you've had this long sad samefagging sessions yourself, and you think that the rest of the thread involving several people who all shit on you by the way, is somehow a conspiracy perpetrated by one person.

>several people
Really, faggot?