youtu.be/WkstVazYZlQ
youtube.com/watch?v=aiJEdqxf7R4
youtube.com/watch?v=Z6PjZiwDZgI
youtube.com/watch?v=JHxfGctP3yQ
gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=3344744
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

KUBOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That's some serious wuxia content right there.
And only the ones with the most time get to slap people really really hard.

>He was using a stick all along
>He kept hitting with the stick until it formed an edge

Holy shit that's based as fuck.

I don't know why they removed picrelated from the show. It would have been very satisfying.

It wasn't removed from the show.
It was added to the manga.

he's getting more and more like Dugu Qiubai,

Puppet or CGI?

props to user who called it many threads ago

JFC I love this show. Please make more money!

His title is 刃無鋒/Jin Muhō/Edgeless Blade, so not surprising.

You don't happen to read that post on PTT, do you?

>the swords were people all along

He cleaned up the remaining Genkishu not with his "sword" but with a stick from the ground.

>yfw this scene

I don't want the ride to end

T-thanks

Inevitable that the duck would start raping.

>tfw marathoned all of this last week
I have a bad habit of picking up good shows at the end of the season.

How were the threads?

comfy and slow

Best MC this season

wew

Superior Japanese wood

Japanese Tree Branches honed over thousands of generations of trees are vastly superior to the katana, much less western gaijin swords.

post his fight with 10guy's butler

There are shows that are about children that have their toys or their pets fighting for the fate of the world. Those are ads that pitch products to kids.

This show, with the guy right here who fights with a stick, is a true power fantasy for children.

>character fights by vaping
Really, Japan?

>All them TWEEEESTS this episode.

Butcher didn't disappoint.

It could be that the opponent just sees the sword and the fighting.

>10 guy was thought to be the big bad
>wants to fight the real evil
seems familiar

>Vape Duck tricks 10guy into fighting an illusion
>He loses and starts crying
>Suddenly illusion ends with Vape Duck laughing his ass off

damn gory puppets

>dropping the sword like he's dropping a mic

I hope he just ends up being a god tier swordsman all along and was just doing illusions and other subterfuge shit cause it would be less boring to him

fan arts comes out fast

I was expecting it all along since he's a lackey and was sad to see it. But I wasn't expecting his ribs to explode out of his back.

>Everyone betraying everyone
>Shang blows a dude's ribcage out with a fucking stick
>Vapesword
>True Final Boss revealed
10/10 Episode.

Most likely, next fights would be b10guy vs vapeduck and Shoufukan vs the demon god.

>wooden sword

i fucking knew it

I am so fucking hyped for the last episode.

I'm hype but sad its going to end

WOW

So many plot twists.

This is AOTS!!!!!!!!

s2?

>Japanese stick folded over a thousand time

Was wondering what the reminded me of

Why can't we have more Wuxia anime?

Butcher wants to make an S2 but it's most likely not going to happen because it didn't sell well.

>yfw Shang defeats the demon lord with a stick

What's PTT?

>mfw vape man suddenly jumps 20 feet out of the way

THE LAND IS CLOAKED IN DEEPEST BLUE

to japs or island chinks? Could he make one for taiwan only or he only cares for nihon audience?

it is because they didn't set high goal, it was sold out in first after BD release

a popular discussion board in Taiwan
There's a post talking about these two being alike.

>Vapeduck was a fighter all along and is gonna beat Best 10 Guy on his own
Too much of a tweest for me. Also leaves MC without a final fight, unless he's gonna beat the Demon God by himself rather than a group effort.

It also bothers me that Archer and Hook Swords are both dead so Ken has no one else left to fight. He was having trouble with a single mook this time, though.

THE SHADOW OF EAGLES ACROSS THE MOON

Fuck me that episode was good.

Not the guy you originally quoted, but I've only watched the Condor Trilogy and was thinking of the similarities while watching the episode.

I don't want this show to end. It is too damn much awesome to end.

I started watching this shit a bit too late. Why is vape guy called Vapeduck?

So much fun. Please I don't want this to end.

To japs, TBF was geared primarily towards them. When he was in Taiwan for the latest fan event, he said he was really worried Taiwanese Pili fans wouldn't like it, but apparently they told him it's well praised there too.

Originally, he wanted to write it as a spin-off of Pili, but it become its own original show because they wanted for the nips to like it.

So is there any chance of some of the chink puppet shows getting subbed?

His name is 凜雪鴉
雪 means snow, 鴉 means crow
but someone mistake it with duck 鴨
and he vape
hence vapeduck or snowduck

What other wuxia show should I watch after TF ends?

figma when?

Second question still stands - he could just write another one for Taiwan if likes it that much and if its well received there financially.

UROBUCHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Those lips. What the fuck.

>still no best girl figure

I never thought I'd want to fuck a doll.

Good Smile Company set it as puppet version

Archer died like a bitch.

Ken will be a family man.

I like the other one better

vapeduck has the most kissable lips Ive ever seen. Everytime he is on the screen I want to kiss him. I'm not even gay.

Kei-gai is just too bitch.

One does not simply fuck with a rape duck

Puppet memes.

Ken and Touhou gonna fight Kei Gai, Shoe - overgrown mantis, Duck - 10guy

What does Pheonix's sign says?

vapeduck's name
these people in the pic welcomes anyone who dies the next

I want Kei Gai to raise previously killed people to fight for her.

Those are some vape sucking lips.

It will bother me if Shofukan doesn't fight Bones. They seemed to be thematic opposites with one seeking the ultimate sword while the other uses a stick as one.

And who does the underlings and Aniki wants to see die next?

The Genkishu are welcoming Hooks, and Aniue waits for 10Guy (hearts).

chomei, 10guy's butler with hooks

They probably will fight.

Even if Vapduck over there isn't another hallucination, I seriously doubt he has the skill to defeat Bones of Creation.

I don't know about puppets, but for actual live wuxia shows, China got a massive boner for Legend of the Condor Heroes.

>Legend of the Condor Heroes.
Which is the best version?

also zombie liemei fanart
best girl if she's not dead

How is a taiwanese puppet show allowed to be that good?
Is this a 12 or 13 episode show?

They also have a good record of butchering the stories. One recent adaptation had them turning a dude and villain into the main female love interest of the hero.

>Thunderbolt Fantasy ep. 12
>Hasn't ended
Gee I wonder

Slow and great

>One recent adaptation had them turning a dude and villain into the main female love interest of the hero.
Turning males into female seems a popular thing in remakes. Battlestar Galactica comes to mind.

>zombie
Jiangshi have been compared to zombies, but they're more like vampires, resting in coffins and feeding on the qi of the living

Damn my mistake, somehow was under the impression that I watching episode 11.
So they'll have to wrap up the giant mantis + 10guy + necromancer in 23 minutes. I wonder if they'll reveal Shang's identity. It seems like he was probably pretty famous in his hometown, though his title is pretty badass.

Ok let me get this straight, The Bones of creation dude, is not really after fame or swords.

He is just edgy?

>He is just edgy?

Is that word again, do you even know what it means?

>Ok let me get this straight, The Bones of creation dude, is not really after fame or swords.
>He is just edgy?

He thought he had the biggest balls (skills) in the whole world, but he needed the biggest cock (sword) to go with them. Becoming famous on top of that is kind of a side-dish.

My guess is Bishie spear and Hime take on necromancer while Shang and Vape take on 10guy.

Then somehow they wrap up with a big battle against manits. [Insert asspull here]. Epilogue.

What he wanted was a sword worthy of his abilities.

Nuh, ugh.
They are dead people who was buried in a place with unresting ki.
Or someone commanded them with spells (like the one on her face).
Those zombies feed on ki on the living instead of blood.

Or it just doesn't fit in both categories so I just use zombie for them being undead.

I recommend some of the films acted by Lam Ching-ying like Mr. Vampire (1985).
Those movies are classic.
Yes, he is.
>well, the sword does not match my story but whatever
>if someone have to be a hero and kill the demeon, might as well be me
>because my skill is perfect
>( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ\ / \/ \

Shang's poem will be read, and the reveal will be complete.

>One recent adaptation had them turning a dude and villain into the main female love interest of the hero
That's Swordman/Smiling Proud Wanderer, not Condor Heroes.

Vapeduck and Shoe's backstories are supposed to be in S2.

He's a chaosfag, essentially.

We really need more characters like him. He is like the ultimate gentleman egomaniac villian.

> I wonder if they'll reveal Shang's identity. It seems like he was probably pretty famous in his hometown, though his title is pretty badass.

Seems like Shang was a hero or champion trying to escape his reputation because he didn't want to kill faggots like Kan who wanted to make a rep by fighting him.

10gay is survival of the fittest or rule of the sword as he calls it. Has been since he killed Screaming Faggot.

You have a strange definition for edgy.

>>Legend of the Condor Heroes.
>Which is the best version?
I've only ever watched the 2008 one, but here's my 2 cents. It seems the overall wasn't changed, but they added a bunch of character interaction and romance that wasn't often a drag to get through. On the other hand, there were a bunch of over the top fight scenes that I really liked, and when I youtubed the 2003 version to compare, they weren't as over the top (or were even skipped). Those 2 versions are the only subbed ones, it seems.

Also, if it helps, for the sequel Return of the Condor Heroes I watched the 2006 version which was done by the same people as Legend 2003 and had a blast all the way, unlike Legend 2008 which took me quite a few months to watch.

>Demon girl performs the ritual
>Tan Hi will fight her but lose the battle
>Ken picks up his aniki's bow and deliver the kill to save Tanhi
>Becomes the new One eyed impaler

Calling it

>*was often a drag

He can already be the Impaler with a lance though.

Has no arrows, shoots the lance instead

>Vapeduck and Shoe's backstories are supposed to be in S2.
Source?

Thanks.

>Those 2 versions are the only subbed ones, it seems.
Nope, there is also the version from the '80s.

10/10

Just realized that Obata's art would fit this kind of series very well. Don't know how good he is at action scenes, though.

Not on the first and second part of the trilogy. Havent watch the third so i dont know

So, so many plot twists and multidimensional characters, except Kei Gai.

Archer sells people out, but doesn't want the world to end and got himself killed as Kei Gai and 10guy have don't see eye to eye with him.

Ken doesn't have his lance anymore, but I suspect that he will take Archer's bow and take up his name.

Betsu10guy actually does have unparalleled swordsmanship and gaining the super sword and waiting for the opportunity for ultimate glory as saviour of the world are just self expressions of that.

As for Lin Setsu A, he is tuly not just about lurking in the darkness and hiding, he does hide his thief identity, but also uses this identity to hide something else.

He now wants to show Tengai who will lose their pride as a swordsman.

So 10guy values his own skills but was obsessed with materialism due to boredom, while Lin Setsu A wants to steal the pride of others, and for what.....?

A sword and a cause(saving the world) worthy of it. So he is just super elitist.

Finished Condor Trilogy, do I watch Swordsman or Demigods and Semi Devils?

Time for weekly vape hero.

I think 10guy already knew that Lin Setsu A is proficient in the sword, given that he said Tan Hi's blade was more fitting for him than Shofukan's sword.

>there will never be another MC as manly as Shang
;_;

Not necessarily, if you think someone isn't a trained fighter it's in fact more reason to think a lighter blade would be more suitable. Not to mention you wouldn't recommend the blunt sword to anyone.

I thought he was talking about style
Look how fabulous Lin Setsu A normally dresses
Wouldn't he pick the jeweled sword over the wooden plain scabbard?

What a fantastic episode. Stabbing a stick through a sword, blasting a dude's ribcage out his back with said stick, Vapeduck bellyflopping into the trees, and those alt versions of Best Song in the background. I can't believe I almost didn't pick this show up because I was skeptical about the puppetry.

Saw this on another thread. Has anything been done with this character?
youtube.com/watch?v=dNZxPg7lC3U

I recognise that crazy Nishikawa fashion sense from anywhere

That's the puppet Pili designed for T.M. Revolution.
Rin adn Sho once appeared for a moment in Pili's main series but I don't know about this one.

Hook guy can finally join his thickbrow-fu in death ;_;

>no webms of the ribshot yet

>while Lin Setsu A wants to steal the pride of others, and for what.....?

Rin preys on villains, he's a twisted sort of hero. The most neutral hero possible.

I think that's pretty dope.

i liked the part they had a casual conversation near the guy with his own ribs sticking out of his back

My guess is that Shoufukan probably wasn't famous in Xi You for his strength, so he is the benevolent counterpart of Betsutengai.

Or alternatively, he was famous but wanted to start afresh due to some personal problems.

Very RPG like, the final scene is where we started off, at least where the prologue started.

He's decent at swimming choreography, so I think he could do action too.

I think the next episode will be about Shofukan's new duty. So will he be the one to actually kill the demon just by using a stick, or with the Tengyouken?

Vapeduck gets his jollies from crushing the ambition of villains and humiliating them.

He could've also previously been Screaming Bird tier of edgelord and hence his unwillingness to actually cut down people.

Why is Tan Hi among all the dead characters?

I think he is more the Xi version of Screaming Phoenix Killer in that they both had a lethal reputation as a skilled warrior (while 10gai hid his real power levels).

Vapesword is probably some sort of ruse. He probably expects Shoufukan to show up and fight Betsutengai instead.

cause he exploded in ep1?

Tan Kou, her brother.

So when Shoufukan criticised that Tan Hi and co for not using the Tengyouken when the shrine was attacked, there was a reason to keep it there.

Shoufukan was also skeptical that a demon god could have been killed.

He is the opposite of Screaming Faggot and 10Gai. He doesn't think it's worth killing people and wants to avoid that as much as possible. Screaming Faggot and 10Gai are individuals who live and die by the sword. Shofukan wants to avoid that so much that I guess he fled his home country.

That is her brother.

Tengyouken was confirmed worthless for fighting with. They implied that the demon can't be killed, and at most sealed off.
If he's able to kill the demon with a stick it would be a sight to behold.

Exactly, and he's not just DuGu QiuBai, he's the final form of DuGu QiuBai

I think this is obvious but I'm calling it anyways:
>vapeduck is using an illusion to fool Betsu into losing
>Shang picks up the Ten Ryou Ken and uses it to defeat the final boss demon
>K Guy and Betsu go back to the evil castle and cry about losing, vapeduck smugs off into the distance, and Shang walks away with ken calling him a true hero
screencap this

>>Betsutengai obsessed with all the famous sword in the world and proud of his undefeated swordsman skill
>>Sho Fukan has no interest in weapons of any sort and not a swordsman at all

Just like poetry, bravo Butcher, bravo

Do you guys think Archer was formerly a close range fighter before he lost his eye?

Ken will most likely learn to become an archer whilst retaining his close quarter combat skills in the future.

I don't expect Best 10 and K Guy to walk out alive, why would they?

K guy is definitely dead but b210guy might live, Rin causes butthurt to villains but doesn't want to kill them.

I don't know why people would say that, I thought it was pretty clear that he was upset at One eyed impaler for being a mercenary
Because they aren't villains in the sense of the story. Betsu is vape's 'target', mantisdemon is the final boss, and no one has any reason to kill K Guy. K Guy doesn't have any reason to kill people except for rampage reasons, so even if she fights ken and tanhi she probably won't die.
that and urobutcher wanted s2 and I can't imagine his boy and the dancing evil demon girl getting killed.

To that lurker who still doesn't know if he should watch it, I sensed your Qi. Just watch it already, no one will kick you off the board for this.

But butthurt for best10gay would mean death and defeat in battle.

I think just defeat would do it.

>that and urobutcher wanted s2 and I can't imagine his boy and the dancing evil demon girl getting killed.

The demons are like your typical Great Old Ones from Lovecrat in that they can't really die. I guess the same applies to Kei Gai. Or she gets sealed back into the hole with the demon lord.

We don't deserve this fucking show.

ENDURE THE PAIN, IT'S EASY NOW
youtube.com/watch?v=9bxvZLOnmDI

youtube.com/watch?v=R9uxC9eRDd8
youtube.com/watch?v=MAVcDzzgOko
youtube.com/watch?v=yWUX65jlS-M

The taiwanese dialogue very archaic.

If subbers were to translate that, it would sound more like the weird dialogue from TV shows like Rome or Spartacus, or the style of Shakespeare and 1800s English literature.

IN WORDS CAN I SAY IT
youtube.com/watch?v=r82gLyPgr3I

clearly the japanese improve everything they touch
I wouldn't be interested at all if it was like that.

BRUTAL

>hook swords got hook ribs now
pottery

>Shou Fu Kan Wins
>FATALITY

Taiwanese is delivered like a stage play.

Sweet Jesus, I didn't think I'd want this so bad.

That was fucking cool.

Nah m8.
The dialogue matches the subtitles and it reads no problem with modern mandarin.

Hokein/Taiwanese is known to be close to true Han language and Chinese poetry were mostly written in these southern dialects.
That's why it sounds poetic to most.

Mandarin is a shit tongue by the way.

I'm sorry but chinese sounds nearly as horrible as korean to me. Nary a fuck given

Only a southerner who can't speak proper chinese would say that.

Only a chink could possibly say that

Hokien have just enough for tone patterns for poems.
Mandarine is from the north and have nothing to do with traiditonal cultures in the south.

Your reaction is expected and I don't expect you to understand because schools took 9 years to teach all these useless crap.

All you should know is SBF it's not a traditional drama like in Shakespear English.
They are speaking like people in Taiwan nowadays.

Dayum.

Hypest episode of the show. The Butcher delivers. Why do people doubt him all the time?

Probably the same people that think he wrote Chaos dragon and Gunslinger stratos.

I always believed in him.
He does a good job when he's the one actually doing the work as opposed to being just a big name placed to "advise" the others

RIPcage.

I didn't think it was possible but a puppet show managed to tied for first for AOTY for me. I'm not even sure what I'm doing to do after next week. What could possibly fill the void left behind by this?

I was so ready for Hooks to have a good fight like the opening teased, but instead he gets his chest blown the fuck out by a stick

The opening often have nothing to do with the show in Pili shows.
But we can't be so sure because keigai and 10guy know mecromancy.

>on the Kei Gai introduction episode it seemed like the show was going for a "you shouldn't be prejudiced"/notalldemons message
>turns out she was evil after all
Redpilled as fuck, senpai.

I forgot but did we ever find out what Vapeman did to Screaming Phoenix Killer? Maybe he did the same thing to him that he's going to do to 10guy.

GIven his female counterpart get her shit blownup by Setsu Musho, Sho Fukan offing him was inevitable.

But the first thing sho or someone else says is something like "I know not all demons are bad bro but that specific bitch is skinning children alive n shit".

>yfw this scene

100/10

>Tobacco commercial in a puppet show

We'll never have a show like this ever again.

This moment turned my dick into diamonds, the visual direction of this show its gorgeous.

Classical pipe tobacco is WAY better than the petrolized GMO chemlab shit you find in modern death sticks.

What if what Vapeduck took away from Mushou was an warrior's death after defeat?

That perfect loop is hypnotic

Probably, Pheonix killer kept going on and on about how he holds people's fate in his hands, so getting his kill stolen would do it.

And we still don't know why it's called thunderbolt fantasy.

I'd rather have one of the exploding head.

You want a title drop?

>Pili means thunder
yeah i wonder why

Well, doesn't that explain it?

Those are some duck sucking lips.

Pili = Thunderbolt
Fantasy because the story is structured like a JRPG.

>You did it, Shou! You finally became Thunderbolt Fantasy!

Demonesses are good for nothing but sex.

Wait, now that we have an idea of who Shou really is, just what exactly was he in a hurry to get to in the beginning?

He probably was just blowing vape off. I can't imagine Shu ever giving a fuck about anything if he couldn't help it.

We'll know who he truly is(tm) next episode when we get his poem.

>Heh, don't underestimate the Edgeless Blade!

>I'll strike your fantasy down like a thunderbolt!
Then Raimei plays for the final battle

So, just what is Shou going to do to the Demon God? Shove a stick up its ass and channel really hard?

>there's no need for sophisticated methods simply taking it by force will more than suffice

that gif was too long

Is Cred Forums the only place that's even talking about this show? The subreddit is a ghost town and the threads on here are just as dead. I wish people had a sense of taste because it would had been really swell to see more banter about this show.

Right here

Pretty much. Immortal demon god that humanity couldn't beat, defeated by some guy with a stick.

That's something straight out of a TRPG.

Yes, essentially the show has no audience because it was rejected by animefags.

Maybe he was hunting the demon god in the first place? He seems to know a lot about it, and was skeptical that it was actually killed, but like everybody else he just didn't know it was sealed up by the sword. So this whole adventure has brought him to his destination.

That's the depressing thing, the show is super good but too many people didn't care because it was made with puppets.

When the first episode aired the show was all over the place, but for a lot of people it was a one-off sensation I guess. I'm trying to get a friend into the series, but he kinda keeps putting it off thinking it's a meme show.
A shame because it ended up being really engaging and the acting of the puppets is amazing, something like this couldn't have been done if it was drawn.

Isekai is the new trend, user.

They made the critical mistake of picking the wrong demographic, if the show had been on NHK in nipland, it could have been popular there.
That probably wouldn't change things over at this side though.

I've made threads on Cred Forums and /tg/ and it's well received, but they aren't making threads regularly.

Give it some time, it could become the next Hyouge Mono in terms of slow but steady popularity.

Except it won't since it's probably not getting a s2 as the sales are abysmal.

I'm actually still surprised it sold as much as it did. I was expecting it not to even rank in sales charts.
Otaku watch animu for the moe drawings, when you give them puppets it won't end well. People have difficulty adjusting to CG let alone something like puppets.

This scene puts this a whole new meaning.

Betsu will survive but will gone mad. Years later he will end up teaching some kids kungfu like that Legend of Condor Old man that use Toad style

did vapeduck steal butchers's lips

>yfw this line

Laughing like a madman.

>Urobotchi will likely just guest write for Pili occasionally, no subbed releases or Jap VAs.
>The puppet age will end as a flash in the pan

Why must the black hole of idolshit destroy every creative project.

I'm okay with it. It was a fun thing to experience once, but I doubt I would have liked it if it was anyone but Urobochi doing it.

I honestly love it too much, its all the campy silliness of an adventure anime but also has a ass load of hard work in practical effects and miniatures that is never used in film these days. I think one Wuxia puppet show every season or two would be nice.

At this level? I can't argue. I'd love that. It also helps that I didn't grow tired of musical style of the band doing this before watching this show, it got me pumped everytime.

Anyone at all expects Vaper to lose?

I've watched three kingdoms and I dig that kind of chinese.
these ones sound like a very bad Voice Acting.

I'd like to see Tan Hi win a fight for once. Maybe by taking Ken's advice by adding that extra step to make up for her short reach.

I just don't see how they would conclude that story arc then with Betsu. Maybe vape loses, Shu beats mantis, and then vape gurgles at Shu to avenge him but really its an illusion. Setup for season 2, even though butcher didn't think it would happen.
I say that because the title of the episode is 'New Duty" so I wonder what that means.
I think that was just to get you hyped for her illusion fight versus fakeBetsu/Shu the next episode, it worked for me.

puppet shit is awful and not anime

Ken and Tanhi are jobbers. They'll probably lose against k guy next episode.

>lose
>season ends with Shu going to rescue them at the same goddamn castle
>betsu teams up with him for the next season

Well, with the way the things are set-up, Shou vs Demon God and duck vs boner, seems like it's going to be up to her and Ken to take on Kei. Kei doesn't seem like a fighter but more of a minion master, so it would seem like an easy fight for the holy priestess once she knocks out the undead horde with her touhou powers.

I wonder if this series would have done better as an anime. I really doubt it, but it was nice seeing puppet CG action

It would have probably sold better but it would have lost that certain charm that only high quality puppets could have provided.

She whipped the goddamn impaler to death you people thinking that thats going to be an actual fight are insane unless they do some stupid combo move and slap her to death

I think it would have been more successful as an anime since they could have added a lot more T&A. While Tan Hi has beautiful little puppet feet and Kei Gai sexy little puppet legs I think they're not going to attract the same number of viewers as an onsen scene.

It probably wouldn't have been "better" though - just sold more.

Well there is a manga. Judge for yourself.

manga has a really weird artstyle though
you disgust me

The action would definitely look a lot worse.

Yes, I meant in terms of sales. The drawn versions are really nice. But I think Vapeduck would have ended up the most attractive one

>manga has a really weird artstyle though
I don't find it weird to be honest. It's kinda rought but refreshing enough. Weird would be what I thought of Kaiji/Akagi artstyle and noses first time.

Had it coming.

>you disgust me

What, you don't think Kei Hei's little puppet legs are sexy? The show has lots of long-haired bishies for fujo like you!

>Tan Hi has beautiful little puppet feet and Kei Gai sexy little puppet legs
When Tan Hi gets a Dollfie there's no turning back for me.

I had thought the sword was just really worn out. Hearing him say it actually is made of wood blew my mind.

All she did was strangle him while he was aiming at Bishie Skeletor. Wasn't much of a duel.

>I knew that literal demon was trouble
now you're just making it worse
I will admit that Shou's fur trappings look comfy as fuck. Probably a bit too hot for crossing a magic desert, at least during the day. Nights in the desert are super cold.
>actually made of wood
I can't believe user got that right so long ago
>strangle him
I figured he could handle that shit. No dagger even? What a shit hero of justice

I actually remember some user specifically saying it looks like it's made from wood and painted in metallic color.

Fucking 10/10 guess

>I will admit that Shou's fur trappings look comfy as fuck. Probably a bit too hot for crossing a magic desert, at least during the day. Nights in the desert are super cold.

Well I can't blame fujo (like you) for finding Shou to be a dreamboat. How much Shou/Vape duck BL have you written so far?

Well, I did like the part where he got TOLD about all his schemes amounting to nothing.

The fights almost certainly would've been less impressive.

>No dagger even?
He actually did have a dagger when he fought Setsu Mu Sho. Guess they forgot about that.

How about Shou fighting the demon in a thunderstorm while Raimei plays?

zero, I lack the faggot powers of a guy from the anime K, a K guy
Or he just died too fast, not sure he could do much against a surprise whipnoose

I'm really going to be surprised if shou doesn't fight the demon god at this point.

Unique weapons are unbreakable. Even if he tried, that demon whip wouldn't be cut.

>Irisviel strangled Kiritsugu to death
Sweet revenge

Wait wait so what happened to the edgy killer dude, did he randomly just disappear or did I forget about what happened to him?

Screaming Birdie? He got killed by 10guy.

He jobbed to Mr. Bones at the end of Episode 9.

oh must've skipped over it, thanks anons

>he missed the hair commercial

Probably. She used it to stop Setsu Mu Sho's sword when he was about to kill Ken.

I wanna fuck Tanhi so bad you guys.

Is this the post quality you guys really want when discussing your madoka writer's taiwanese puppet fetish?

Some user said he fapped to puppet feet in the op so yes.

This is Cred Forums. We have discussed way stranger fetish in completely inappropriate threads before.

o-ok

I love the hell out of this show and still could not name a single fucking character.

the taiwanese subtitle names with the japanese spoken names doesnt help

Why does Bang's ability seem so familiar? Wasn't there another character in an anime that could turn anything into a sword basically? Or is that really just a common ability that gets used a lot?

Am I supposed to believe that a master thief is also a master swordsman?

I don't want the ride to end, it's too comfy right now. T_T

He's the ultimate thief who can steal anything. He doesn't fight with a sword, he steals his opponent's lives.

He's not turning anything into a sword, he's using things that aren't swords as catalysts for chinaman energy magic

It's probably a ruse

You could say he steals their birthdays.

Well you could say it's a metaphorical sword as he's creating an edge with Qi. Which goes against Bones caring more about anesthetics for his ability while Bang doesn't give a shit and just can use anything.

no, it's a wuxia concept. that when you've become so good at wielding a sword. you longer actually need a sword to perform your moves and techniques. any random branch, grass or anything can be wielded and cut like real metal swords. and when you advance to the next level, you no longer even need any tools. your limbs are good enough to cut from focusing your ki.

Meant to say aesthetics. Not putting people to sleep, fuck.

Cred Forums, when you started watching this, did you expect to get sucked in?

To hell with sales, though. I wouldn't have the show any other way. Before this, i never knew puppets could be used this way.

I was mad because Urobuchi was doing another Wuxia after Kikokugai but as puppet show, turned out to be awesome.

This shit makes me want those damn puppets. I'm gonna have to buy those nendoroid's because they'll be the closest thing.

not at all, in fact I was repulsed at first but I kept an open mind because
>urobochi
now its basically right under Mob for my AOTS

>best looking main party puppet died the earliest
Why did phoenix have to job so hard?

Who knew vaping would actually cause one of the most badass moments in this series.

Best girl died even sooner! No one is safe, nothing is sacred!

I don't see why not. I mean, the same skills that goes into being a master thief can be reasonable apply to swordmanship as well, especially as Shou has shown, with enough Ki and control, anyone can be a 'swordsman'.

I saw the puppets and knew I would watch this no matter what

>espionage and deceit is the same as direct combat
The skillsets are the complete opposite of each other beyond the dexterity requirement.

Shoufu's secret technique that he sealed away in order to away calamity upon its use
>Thunderbolt Fantasy
Thunderbolt fantasy and Raimei will be blazing and overlapping each other at the same time

SUPERIOR TAIWANESE STICK FOLDED OVER THOUSAND TIMES

Its Vape Duck my dude, he can do anything with a finesse because he's that cool of a dude.

Because the maker of Taiwan called PiLi,
translated it into english, it's Thunderbolt.
Fantasy means dreamful story

Not surprising though; Jin Yong's works are well known among asians, so it's no surprise that many saw the parallels.

Especially since Dugu Qiubai is also mentioned in Smiling Proud Wanderer, which features two major things
1. the split between two major schools being due to one prioritising qi over swordplay and vice versa aka like Sho Fukan and 10guy
2. some bunch of people who developed technique that involves using a stick to take down major schools' swordplay. Again, not unlike what this puppet show has been building up between Sho Fukan and 10guy

So yeah, go watch Smiling Proud Wanderer (or read since the manhua is slowly getting translations) and you'll see the parallels getting even stronger.

Trimmed from a tree with over 1000 rings.

The point of qiubai is that he's so skilled he couldn't find a match that is in any way challenging to him. So, rather an a final form, it's more like sho fukan is qiubai who finally found a place where there are people on his level.

Random thunder will strike the demon god and put him back to sleep

>puppet Pili designed for T.M. Revolution
>also has a Gouf custom for his character in Seed Destiny
What's next for TMR?

He got his own character in Sengoku Basara, too. My guess is that he's entertainingly weird so creators are more willing to indulge him.

Yes. Go read the Chu Liuxiang and Xiao Shiyilang series by Gu Long, an wuxia author that the Butcher likes. The MC of both works are thief/bandits who are also skilled fighters.

It's not really 'metaphorical'. In wuxia there's two types of martial arts: one that's based on technique and skill like sword play and one based on internal energy or "qi".

My bet is that Shoufukan is the real hero. He left Xi You to find the truth of the remaining demon god and doesn't want any glory.

Every other villian wanted glory in some form, while Lin Setsu A as Neutral Neutral just wants to mess with these villains.

Shou doesn't seem interested in fighting people on his level.

There's 'skilled fighter' and then there's 'master of thieving plus master of fighting'. I wouldn't be surprised if he can fight but expecting him to go toe-to-toe with bones who completely stomped phoenix is a stretch.

actually it's more likely he mirrors that famous wuxia swordsman who uses no swords. that shou was tired of constantly being challenged by other upstarters for the number 1 title, since such duel usually results in his opponent's death so he chose to excel himself from xiyou all together. and in order to avoid having people recognize him. he fabricated a piece of wood into a phony sword. as he was well known in xiyou as the swordless master swordsman. this way any body who's looking to challenge this legendary swordsman will have trouble finding him.

Didn't the initial narration already do it? Something about a fantasy that strikes like a thunderbolt or something like that?

>master of thieving plus master of fighting
Chu Liuxiang is top tier in using qing gong (you know, the run on water thing) and has no problem getting through a bunch of shit with just a fan.

>go toe-to-toe with bones
Sho Fukan's obviously going to be the one to have the actual boss fight, but that won't stop Vape Guy from being a master swordsman.

I'd imagine a master thief would have any skill it takes to get a job done.

It's wuxia, you are confusing what real life thieves does to what fantasy thieves does. You have to imagine just what kind of overpowered security would a wuxia world employ to protect their treasures and what kind of overpowered skills are needed to get pass it. Remember, in wuxia, physical power is secondary to your ki.chi-control. It lets people move faster, hit harder, react faster, hide their presence, fire giant energy blasts in the form of a dragon and many more bullshit abilities.

Ken's puppetry acting is really good and seems unique to his character.

Smoked Duck did not blew the safe open. I'm expecting a similar attitude when it comes to his swordplay. He'd find ways around B10's moves rather than charge head-on, like what most have been doing so far.

Plus, Duck had a preview how B10 fights, an advantage that Phoenix Killer did not have, and because B10 prizes the secrecy of his sword art as key to its effectiveness, Duck now has gained much needed advantage.

One of the hidden themes of the show is that the better a swordsman you are, the less of a big deal you make about it.

Setsu Mu Sho was about testing his swordsmanship against everyone he met, and he was basically a chump jobber. Mie Tan Hai is confident enough in his skill that he doesn't have to show it off, but he still takes far too much pride in thinking he's secretly the best. Lin is almost certainly a tier up because he considers his sword skill a useful tool in the right situation and nothing to make any show of at all.

Then of course Shang is above them all, because he doesn't even need a sword anymore.

>hidden
Mate, that shit is wuxia 101. The strongest character in Demi-God and Semi-Devils is a monk who is perpetually on janitor duty and nobody even know what his name was.

I watched the first episode a couple of days ago and I couldn't stop watching. I wouldn't be mad if Taiwanese puppet shows replaced Japanese cartoons.

>Everyone's going on about how Shang's the one who's going to defeat the demon lord

Am i the only one who don't think this. He tire himself easily from using Qi plus his swordplay is not that good. If Qi are that strong against demons then they wouldn't need the Heaven Swords to begin with.

He's just being modest here and don't want to flaunt his skill up another notch

>his swordplay is not that good

For a guy who doesn't use a sword his swordplay is pretty good, actually. Remember when he pierced a gigantic rock golem in the head with a fucking painted wooden pole?

You're working under assumption that 'qi' is a constant term. And you're assuming a cool sword is all that's needed to kill shit. Wuxia stories tend to have protagonists being trained in both qi based martial arts and swordplay. So it's not strange to assume that you need both the special sword and qi training to be truly effective. Also, wuxia is filled with bullshit technique that designed to look stupid or underwhelming from observation to throw off guards and stuff.

Agreed, before watching this I had no conception of how FABULOUS character design could get. With no restrictions on rendering time or animation difficulty everything just looks fucking amazing! Even the movement and special effects are better, because everything has ACTUAL weight and momentum. The poses are dynamic and full of personality, and somehow they've managed to display emotional close-ups whit LITERALLY EXPRESSIONLESS BLOCKS OF WOOD! This whole show is a metaphor for Shu's wooden sword, a painted piece of wood cuts better than steel!

Holy fucking shit, just watched the episode, how can it be so simple and yet so enchanting? The characters, the story, everything just blew my mind away, this might actually be the AOTS.
Next episode will be the last one right?

but... it's not an anime...

Along with stellar voice cast.

Don't forget it also has an actually interesting and well crafted plot. I've been honestly surprised and impressed every week. I never know what's going to happen next, but everything flows smoothly and makes perfect sense in retrospect. I don't think I've ever seen this many or this well executed tweests in a show.

So, the vapeduck is actually strong enough to take on the skeleton gang boss? The edgelord assassin was never really a threat to him at all?

vapeduck probably defeated yelling bigbird but didn't kill him. That's why screeching penguin is so mad.

That doesn't make sense when vape actually offering him his head as part of the deal back then.
If phoenix really was defeated before all he wanted should be a rematch, not a free offering of vape's head without resistance.

Oh shit I think I remember someone saying how duck should've killed phonics when he had the chance. Don't remember who said it though. Going to have to rewatch it.

I get the feeling Vapeduck's actual swordplay is even more closely guarded than his identity. Like, this is Wuxia, so not being able to defend yourself seems really dumb, but nobody expects to have to fight a "thief", just like nobody expects to be stolen from by this totally harmless looking vapeduck.

Actually I think it's more likely that to use the sword effectively against demons requires someone with strong Qi.

>Smiling Proud Wanderer (or read since the manhua is slowly getting translations)
First you guys got me into watching puppet shows and now a literal chink comic about monkeys that know how to make their own wine.

T-thanks, Cred Forums.

shit, forgot pic.

It better be

No but ep1 sucked me in right away

>Urobutcher
>A different medium that isn't anime, not even related to Japan
>Literally Taiwanese Puppet Show

This is what intrigued me the most.

>ep1
>Urobutcher Opening with amazing Puppet Action

Even if the story was crap, and the doll's acting was campy, I still would've watched because of the technical skill shown in that first scene.

I hope he is able to write more scripts for something he does love though.
Nice to see Butcher do more works that are lighter in tone, yet still are thought provoking.

>>A different medium that isn't anime, not even related to Japan
Despite people claiming that the show isn't anime and >literal Taiwanese puppet meme magic,
this show is honestly a breath of fresh air. Would be sad if nothing comes out of this.

>Even if the story was crap, and the doll's acting was campy
I agree, even if the story is ridiculous and nonsensical, I'd take it over any idol or isekai anime any day.

>Even if the story was crap, and the doll's acting was campy
Well the story is there to be there but it has a huge share of hype and I wouldn't call the dolls' acting "campy". They feel very alive and each has its own way of moving, and honestly, they are quite endearing, especially with the gorgeous designs. The special and sound effects (Shang's fighting sounds are delicious to hear and really convey the ridiculous power of his strikes) are absolutely great and the fighting choregraphies are insanely dynamic and fun. Honestly, this is one of the best things I have seen in a few seasons.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply the show is bad in any way. Quite the opposite.

Meant to say that, even if the show was a complete failure (which it isn't), I would still watch it. Thunderbolt Fantasy is such a refreshing show that is being released along all the crap that is an anime season that I can't help but admire it.

I just wish for its financial success, since it certainly deserves it's critical success.

Actually we should have realized that sooner, he's a thief that steals villains' pride, a lot of the time he would need physical power over cunning which is what's happening now.

Some quite amazing poses during this episode.

>全身の経絡の循環を数倍に加速させることで、心肺器が停止した後もなお体内に氣功エネルギーを残留させる技。致命傷を負った後でも戦闘を続行し、殺したものと油断した相手に対して3手までの大技を繰り出せる。

It's another attack that fucks up the meridian, seems like it stops his organs and allows him to fight even after being fatally wounded.

So was he alive after getting ribcage destroyed, or did Shang somehow figured out his attack and destroyed all his organs so he wouldn't suffer more?

Whose poems are left?

Only shoe.

it's Unlimited Blade Works

Is "Formless Rogue Sword" just a general term? Both Shang and Can used the term, so I was wondering.

>not Unlimited Bladeless Works
Dun goofed, man.

It will probably revolve around swords somehow. His sword carries his ideals.

Speaking of Nasu, he wrote about his impressions of a couple of episodes on his website. They must be watching that shit together.

>tfw you'll never watch taiwanese puppets with Nasu and the butcher

Using puppets and real world sets helps keep the detail and size on characters and background consistent. At no point is the creators too lazy to fill in the full touches on a character since they always use premade puppets. the same goes for backgrounds.

No asspull.
Shang uses the magic sword taken from 10guy's corpse. You can see it coming three episodes ago at least.

Okguy implied that demons could take other forms, could she turn into that flying serpent from the OP.

Yep.
>体幹の経絡に正確無比な刺突を与え、相手の体内を巡る氣の運行を強制停止させることにより、行き場を失った氣功は暴発して肉体を内部から完全破壊する。強烈な練氣を行っている相手に対しとりわけ威力の絶大な技となる。
shoufukan's technique makes the ki in your opponent explode and it's specially effective against someone who's moving a lot of ki.

So Shoufukan was being merciful even if the results look horrifying. Neat.

>What's next for TMR?
He is the producer and one of the creators of B-Project male idol franchise. Made a cameo in the anime

I was just coming to post this. I was the one who posted it originally. Funny that.

The MC must be from the heaven.

Vapeduck's teacher said something along the lines of "I guess it's up to the teacher to fix the student's mistakes"
Maybe the mistake was vapeduck leaving phoenix alive

>Is "Formless Rogue Sword" just a general term? Both Shang and Can used the term, so I was wondering.
No, you're remembering wrong. The "formless rogue sword" technique from the first episode was also used by Shou.

Ah ok, thanks. Guess I wasn't really paying much attention to the voices.

i cant believe AOTS belongs to a puppet show. this is so fucking good.

>Formless Rogue Sword
>uses forms

Just caught up with this now. I wish I had watched it sooner for the ride.

This is the best "anime" thing I've seen in years, and now all that is left is the conclusion.

I don't want it to stop.

>The Smiling, Proud Wanderer
>v.1 c.4 by Mongolian Scroll Illustrations (0d ago)
Anyone else reading this?

I missed cliffhangers like these from Gaim.

The concept of form us different in Chinese novel.
The 'forms' are set of moves that you need to go from 1->2->3 to make it effective.
I finished it long time ago.

>Formless

Basically the best form is no form. Follows the concerpt of
>Forgetting your opponent/sword (this part is confusing)
>Forgetting your love ones/friends
>Forgetting yourself

All strikes from now on is based soley on instincts. I guess this part should be muscule memory and skill. Because if you have shit sword skill, sure as hell it ain't gonna work.

The plot isn't anything special though. This is something you see out of shounen jump. The dialogue on the other hand, is what sells it. It's classic conversation-fu from wuxia.

I am now. Is this an ongoing manhua or completed?

In some novels, it also includes god-tier observation. You need to find the weakness of the enemy's form quickly.

>The 'forms' are set of moves
And he already used 2 different named moves, so isn't that the opposite of "formless"?

Seems like the manhua has already ended. Though it's probably going to take a long while for translations to be done.

Completed.
Yeah, you're right.
Usually, in these wuxia genre, every moves have fixed pattern (or 'form'). You can win by reading your enemy's forms and attack at the opening they create using your appropriate forms. In my understanding, "Fromless" has no pattern at all, you can start and end your moves with whatever you want. It's the master-level thing. You train yourself with forms until you don't need it anymore.

The plot is simple but clever, the JRPG campaign being an elaborate heist by a thief, the mcguffin being useless and a red herring, the trials being a red herring to employ villains, ect

My guess being that he didn't kill Setsu Mu Syou after defeating him soundly, hence why SMS is so obsessed over it. Ren Ki said something along the lines of "he shouldn't had let you go".

So phoenix killer wanted Rin to kill him all along, or at least for one of them to die

In away b10guy returned to him what rin stolen from him

kek, that guy is fucking mental

Typically, martial arts technique follow certain philosophies or school of thoughts. So if you follow the style of a certain school, you'll have certain signatures such as in how you move or strike so people familiar with your school's fighting style will be able to predict or know how to counter. Thus, being 'formless' has the implication of having no recognisable school or style, have no notable 'tells' that allow your enemy to try and exploit a weakness or counter, or discern what is the influence behind the technique.

Like for example, in MMA, you can sort of tell from the person's movement what martial arts he's learned (Brazilian jiujitsu, Karate etc) and thus give you a clue on what sort of fighting strategy he's used to, like say you anticipate certain types of elbow strikes from a muay thai fighter. So you use that to try and plan your fight. Having no 'form' thus has the implication that you have zero idea of all those influences or background.

As much as I love this series, Sawano feels like he reaaaally isn't trying that hard, I'm getting kinda sick of the one song that plays during every dramatic moment, even parts of dialogue.

He will get a kickass sword and attack next episode as leaked weeks ago

I really like this show. I'm glad I picked it up despite being sceptical.

That doesn't make sense to me because then Screaming Phoenix wouldn't be satisfied with being offered his head, as he'd want a rematch.

That talk before jobbing to Bones about how Vapeduck had nowhere to run there in the tower implied he isn't aware he can defend himself.

It's always been that way with Sawano, but it got worse because he takes on many projects a year, the quality of course worsens.

basically, instead of practising set moves, that's like helter-skelter razzle dazzle off the cuff attacks.

just think sports analogy and you'll get a rough idea

One thing I like about this show is the little details. For example, previously, after finding out that his hero isn't as heroic as his reputation says, the scene after that has him walking along with his head down and generally being sad. The there's pic related where he handed Sho Fukan back his weapon with both hands, which denotes respect.

main difference being that the party members are clearly on the verge of backstabbing, and we see it ever since ep8

he's forcing him to fight him, can't see what's conflicting about it. All he wants is to finally fight

Pili takes their puppetry seriously I guess. I thought it was lazy at first how the mouths barely move but after watching a whole season of these puppets I've gotten a sense of how they move in their own individual ways.

How do you watch them?

I like how after all this time, I've still no idea how large the dolls are.

They'd have to be decent size to have moving parts like eyelids and mouths, but then shit like vapeducks tobacco wouldn't be as large in comparison

They're quite big actually.

the problem is the scripts is written by Japanese,
then translated into Taiwanese/Chinese.
The whole movements of puppets were made and followed by the Taiwanese voice actor. Japanese voice actors handle their job after the film has been done. In the same meaning, Chinese sentence is much less and shorter than Japanese.
It would make the lip not match the voice

He's not creating an edge. He uses his qi to redistribute force and energy into a single point.

I haven't seen this show, just stopping by this thread. Is this hotglue?

It's water. The puppets also sometime sweat giant droplets which can be hilarious.

It's saline mixed with sugar

Only Butcher and Imagawa give a shit. And Imagawa is pretty much dead.

>Why does Bang's ability seem so familiar?
Isn't it just a Bankai?

neat, i want one, probably would cost me a rib.

I suggest you buy Hook sword guy then.

I dropped it first not even finishing first episode brushing it off as childish series. Then around ep7 I bumped onto a thread saying its great and Urobuchi is involved. Marathoned all the eps and can't remember when I was this hyped for the finale.

nope. glad it did though

I love you guys

>People getting slashed apart, blasted away and dying in the first few minutes
>Brushed it off as childish series
How?

>calling out the names of special moves
>not childish as fuck

I was in Japan, was waiting for JOJO to air but had to deal with Thunderbolt fantasy and ReLife first. I was laughing at how stupid it looked until I gave it a shot when I returned.
Turned out to be the best series this season.

The Butch killed her off early so that he can have her puppet all to himself.

i still cannot believe pili doesnt make a 'budget' line of their puppet characters

>plastic instead of wood
>slightly smaller
>still designed for puppetry.

im pretty sure a lot of people would buy.

paying over $1K for a puppet is, fucking extreme...

That would cheapen their work. Considering what they are doing, I don't think they are doing it for the money here.

I didn't even pick it up at first. Then I learned it was by Urobuchi and Sawano.

i dunno, these are kids shows in taiwan, right?
i imagine they can sell them as childs toys, and, if they sell them as actual puppets, and not action figures, the kids can learn and become interested more in the pupperty arts, for future generations.

Everyone watches Pili, from kids to old people. There was a Pili series that achieved more than 90% in ratings.

Are there any action adventure shows in the EU/NA with such universal appeal?

Heard of 東離飯遊紀 on the offical Thunderbolt Fantasy twitter? This segment introduces food that appeared in the show featuring illustrations from the character designers. Most of the these are Taiwanese food which may be unfamiliar to Japanese (or overseas) viewers.

First up: Shoufukan with Shaobing (燒餅) in Episode 2

Ken with Dougan (豆干) in Episode 3

we wuz bones n shit
also we wuz sticks

Tanhi with Walnut Cookie (核桃餅)in Episode 3

Screaming Phoenix Killer with Black Watermelon Seeds (瓜子)in Episode 5

Snowduck with Cheese cake in Episode 8.

And I think that's it for this segment, unless they have another eating scene in the last episode.

This is the show talked about.
youtu.be/WkstVazYZlQ (episode 1)
This is the first hand puppet show on TV.

>They're glove puppets
Mind blown.

It was basically like this for me

Also, somebody linked this video, as well as some others, in a thread, and I was instantly impressed,
youtube.com/watch?v=aiJEdqxf7R4

That same video made me interested in Pili. I heard about a lot of conflicts with the subs, so I eventually forgot about it.

I usually leave on random Japanese channels, saw this on and got excited. I don't want the ride to end

I really was't paying attention while watching doing other stuff. I try and see every new series each season for at least few minutes before deciding to drop. I can't afford time for 3 ep rule. So that was that.

It's a bit ironic, because that video is not from a Pili series, it's by another company.
From what I've seen on youtube, their choreography looks more complex than Pili's.

>you will never blow out someones back this hard
Fucking metal

>On the other hand, there were a bunch of over the top fight scenes that I really liked, and when I youtubed the 2003 version to compare, they weren't as over the top (or were even skipped).
Little late, but you can compare these:
youtube.com/watch?v=Z6PjZiwDZgI
youtube.com/watch?v=JHxfGctP3yQ

I just love that we all knew it was gonna be a sword withotu edge, but the fact that he took the time to paint it silver is what makes this so great.

Now that Thunderbolt Fantasy is (kinda) popular, is there any chance of any of these shows getting subbed?

I hope it's a puppet, but it deviates too much from human movement they might just find it easier to do cgi than to figure out how to make the movement convincing.

Each episode is like 90 minutes long and each season is 40+ episodes. I say unlikely.

>MC's actually a super-famous, powerful hero from the other side of the wasteland come to track down and send the last demon god back
>with a stick
Jesus. Just imagine all the insane shit people are doing in Shou's side of the land.

Holy shit I fucking love it

I was really happy seeing someone just get striaght out choked, no fancy shit or honor.

I hope kguy feeds him to the demon lord and brag about it to Ken when they fight.

Not so ironic at all.
Hand puppet on TV was a family business.
Later split into two companies, Pili and 金光(Can't find translations for the name anywhere).

Recently Pili can't find balance between special effect and actual puppet performances.
金光 in the other hand does not have as much financial ability so it uses more traditional stuff.

jobbers turn into the best faces.

Man this fucking show is a fucking 10 out of 10
Holy shit, where's S2, there HAS to be one

Should the user that never gets mad at shows and apreciates slice of life be called the Edgless Blade?

Digifag really pushed it in a few videos, so I'm assuming people who watch him are following it.

you're underestimating the power of paint.

Is this guy into bondage?

>Most of the these are Taiwanese food which may be unfamiliar to Japanese (or overseas) viewers.
isn't that a bigger reasson to have them shown? I care more about food I've never heard of than things I know how to cook.
Imagine a clip explaining what a basic chocolate cake is, completely ignorable.

To the guy who makes these, I love them.

what if everyone is like that on his side, overly powerful but lazy and shy?

I would rather having Ken cry for his dead master who sold his soul or something on that line, maybe use him as food afterwards. Right now there are too many mixed feelings for it to be a straight out insult.

>Shou is literally a 2hu

>perfect your art for generations
>slowly carve a space in your country's culture
>fight to make you art respected by people of all ages
>edgy foreigner comes, hires you and the whole world only cares about it because he's behind it
>he gets all the credit
life must be hard for pili

fuck, there's some really nice fanart. i wish there were more, but at least there is a certain quality.

I will gladly buy a bluray with both Japanese and Taiwanese tracks with 3 subs in three languages.

>no internet for a week
>last Saturday listening to OST on loop realised the female vocals on Darkest referencing the war, plus the length of the DeviGod track meant that Keigai was in it for reviving the CG they put money into last week, which couldn't possibly be dead as 10guys thought
>couldn't call anything
>spent whole week hype
I'm home and the duck is beautiful. It's nice that there's so many things going on that even when you have clues they're not spoiling the whole bundle of reveals. I honestly thought Shoufukan might spare some energy to fix Ken's eye, but maybe that's too soon and too easy. He needed to be on guard to prevent greater injuries.

sure there is
gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=3344744

>I honestly thought Shoufukan might spare some energy to fix Ken's eye
Pretty sure it doesn't work like that

I would presume that all the main cast are 30+ years old except for Tan Hi and Ken.

Is Shoufukan meant to be just around 40?

He has gray strands of hair so 40 sounds about right.

The current theory is that he's an immortal, so he could be a lot older than that.

>The current theory is that he's an immortal
He seems like he had something to do with the demons.

I'm sure by now they are entirely used to being completely irrelevant outside of Taiwan.

That outfit looks familiar.

I'd watch a Bob Ross style show with Syofukan, he'd spend the episode asking the audience why they're watching and listing the many things they could be doing with their time instead, followed by 8 minutes straight of sighing in resignation before walking out.

Candidly he probably quite enjoys it.

I think the connection is that he's one of the immortals that helped the humans during the war.

When was the war again? Hundred of years ago, wasn't it?

Is there a way to watch the other shows made by Pili?

after sighing in resignation he would go on teaching somehting because he feels obligated at that point.

200 years if I recall. My theory is that he's undead somehow. A ghost or restless spirit or something. He might have fallen in said war.

My reasoning is during the episode where Tanhi made the magic barrier he also got blown away like the undead. I don't believe for a second screaming bird is right about it having a maximum passenger limit

no, they intentionally kicked him out just like they didn't help with the stone golem. they were testing him. if he was an unded Tanhi would instantly know since that's her field.

Personally I would rather have him just as a hero swordman leaving behind his name so people will stop challenging him.

>Chinese legends claim that the roasted, flat shaobing was brought back from the Xiyu (the Western Regions, a name for Central Asia) by the Han dynasty General Ban Chao, and that it was originally known as hubing (胡餅, lit. "barbarian pastry"). The shaobing is believed to be descended from the hubing.[15]
>Xiyu
So that's why he loves bread.

Did they kick him out? I must have missed it, Tanhi was operating the barrier in full yes? She wouldn't have kicked him out. I also figured their test of him was to purposefully prolong the song.

How would they have kicked him out? Certainly not with physical blows or he would have noticed, and with someone with as much qi control as him I don't think they could slip a cheeky qi blast by him.

They closed the barrier behind him or pushed him out of the way and insisted they couldn't open it again because lulz.
Just because we now have confirmation that he's the baddest ass there is doesn't retroactively make it so he hasn't been pushed around before.

Screaming Phoenix comments that there may have been a max number of 6 for the area of protection, so that's why he got booted out

>"barbarian pastry"
I love the idea of having food that you produce, sell and people like, but it's named in a way that insults its origins. Like calling paeia "the shitheads stir pot" or tacos "underdeveloped rolls"

>They closed the barrier behind him
Yeah, they did this. Also, Shou was standing a bit far from the rest at that moment.

it was a complete lie, though; they were just trolling, I mean, testing him.

Right, I just find it odd he didn't notice getting pushed by someone. Other than the barrier of course, then again, he could have just been caught up and missed it.
I remember that, I just figured phoenix wasn't in on the bullying, he didn't seem to want to test Shou at all. I figured he was simply ignorant of the barrier magic.

>I figured he was simply ignorant of the barrier magic.
if there's something that they clearly didn't think through is how much people know about magic and how they learned that. There's no way that phoenix would have an active interest in magic, even if he fought people who used it he wouldn't know the rules of some random protective spell, and edgless sword would have as much justification of knowing about that stuff as anyone else.
it's the only thing that really feels to bend for the plot to me.

I think that's where I'm at on this as well. Obviously they chose the rules of magic/physics for what fits the current dramatic scene. Still a kickass show though

What do you think the villagers thought of some scruffy man in foreign clothes eating their barbarian breads? It's like they accidentally set bait.

yeah, it's a really tiny complain.
On the other hand I love how chuuni this could be but it's actually terribly easy to get in the mood and laugh with joy when they blow a ribcage out of being a badass.

I laughed irl

Right? On paper it sounds like it would be too silly. But it's over the top in all the right ways that watching it in motion is wonderful. First episode hooked me hard

>I remember that, I just figured phoenix wasn't in on the bullying, he didn't seem to want to test Shou at all. I figured he was simply ignorant of the barrier magic.

He was, they obviously all planned that together, they squeezed Shang out of the circle and gave him the excuse of "sorry, bro, not enough space for one more".

it really helps that it's shot very similar to hing kong action movies, so all the final fantasy level effects have a firm grounding in close shots of feet or hands to add speed, wide shots of clashes to set the distances clear, quick shots mixed with longer ones to accelerate them more, and a big bag of tricks that are more "adult" than cheap action fights.

HOT GLUE SCENE WHEN!

Yeah, he has to rip out the good eye from the dead archer before he can use ancient chinese surgery to implant it into his eye-socket first.

>last episode of Thunderbolt Fantasy is the whole puppeteering crew, film crew, and actors, writers and directors all bukkake'ing Dan Fei for 24 minutes straight