91 Days

91 Days thread
Is it true that subs are delayed for a whole week?

Other urls found in this thread:

91days.family/special/apunosroom.html
intra-fiducia.tumblr.com/post/150597115114/91-days-novel-first-translation-interlude
intra-fiducia.tumblr.com/post/150772076039/91-days-novel-first-translation-prologue
hikarinoakariost.info/91-days-original-soundtrack/
youtu.be/KKh4EII-BDM?t=85
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No, it isn't. The subs are perfectly on time.

Well no.
The subs are on time.
Airing is delayed by a week.

It just aired though

Don't think so

The fuck.
Than what was that thread about?

That was trolling.

Seems like it only applies to one of the channels 91 days is airing at. I got mesleaded too.

You got memed on OP.

The raw is out though

Subs are out
[HorribleSubs] 91 Days - 11 [720p]

>At last, my revenge is finally finished after 91 days
Really?

out

Nero is too good for the world he is living in.

>91 days
>its not 91 days
what did they mean by this

Man Angelo is a real fucking asshole.
Not that the Vanettis don't deserve it but still

Tigre is for new Don

You mean Strega

So he killed Galassia dude so his men could finish all Vanettis and leave Nero and Vincent with nothing and did he somehow learned that it was their fault for Lagusa's death like Nero's dad was saying?

jesus christ this episode

Delete this. THEY DESERVE IT! IT IS CALLED JUSTICE!

He killed Don Galassia because it completly destroys everything Vincent ever tried to do.
>and did he somehow learned that it was their fault for Lagusa's death like Nero's dad was saying?
Why would he and why should it matter to him?

The thing that suprised me was how swiftly Del Toro got taken out

There are going to be friendship end you just see.

What Ugly Redhead is going to do to him?

>crunchy actually stole the shit from our thread and issued that as news before confirming it
My sides. Serves them right.

I still believe in a homo end

Nero will kill Angelo to celebrate their undying friendship. Friendship end best end.

Shit. Angelo actually got everything he wanted.

Jesus Christ

Angelo is the greatest keikaku lord in years

I wonder if he will bother trying to kill Nero at this point.

>The ED is Angelo shooting Don Galassia
Im rock hard right now

wait WAIT THERE WAS A POST-CREDITS SCENE

ANGELO IS CAPTURED BY THE GALASSIAS

I don't think he needs to. He left Nero with nothing just like the Vanettis did to him.

I actually didn't see Angelo shooting don galassia coming. I mean it makes perfect sense in a way. Galassia was the root of Angelo's family being killed, him dying meant the Galassias were gonna go off on the Vannettis thus destroying everything Vincent built/loved. Same with Nero, he cared more about the Vannettis than his own family as he stated this episode and now he has to watch everything crumble right in front of him and it was all caused by his right hand man. Also, fuck it felt good seeing barbero get his brains blown off like the massive jealous faggot cuck he is.

Nero is going to be captured by Galassias as well and that's where they will talk after working together to escape or Nero didn't get captured and will retrieve Angelo and maybe kill some Galassias. Although that's unlikely because Nero is a dumbass.

Nero still has his sister though. I still feel so bad for him.

>implying Angelo didn't arrange some convenient suicide for her

I wonder if user 'I ship Angelo and Fio' is here

>playhouse mentioned throughout the series from the very first episode
>ruined forever on its opening night
I don't know why that felt good

Anyone else find it weird that the actual guy who most likely pulled the trigger on all of Angelo's family was killed in episode 2.

I kinda feel bad for Barbero. He was loyal. Too bad no one took to his husbando-mamoru stuff seriously.

Not really. He was also just a grunt, while the guy who had history with Testa Lagusa was Vincent.

Just how retarded is this guy?

I don't think Vanno killed all of them

Nero should have listened.

He should've done more shooting, less posturing

It felt like a 10min episode

It's a shock reaction.
Also meta comment on how it's such a gangster cliche

>smart ass guy is killed by shooting brains out
noice

Well Nero didn't shoot, the one who sent the letter apparently didn't shoot either, and Vincent just gave the order, I think.

HE ACTUALLY DID IT THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

this was so satisfying

>The thing that suprised me was how swiftly Del Toro got taken out
I'm surprised he did anything at all. I was kinda hoping for him to be a bit more relevant other than being a statue a bunch of times.

I think Vanno was the one who killed his mom and/or brother. Him or Nero. If it was Nero, I hope Avilio avenges his mom's sweet ass in the finale.

What Nero wanted to do when he said he will give Avilio a reason to live for? He already is his right hand and hangs around him. What job can make him want to live. I think he didn't mind to marry him to Fio.

AVILIO! YOU ABSOLUTE MAD MAN!

he really fucked nero hard.

next weeks the finale?

Make Angelo his wife of course, ESL-kun

Yes

nah. he will let nero kill him. he has nothing left to live for.

Nero said he didn't do it and he had no reason to lie.

Nero honestly didn't deserve this, but the rest of them did, fuck them.

Nero is just the byproduct of unfortunate circumstances.

European Sport League?

tough luck

Just give him a nice comfy life on a beach fucking bitches and drinkigng all day without a care in the world.

I doubt he'll even kill Angelo. He is too nice and trusting for mafia.

nero is scum. he was more than willing to kill a family beacuse their dad would not sell out to the maffia. he only cares about the family name and profit.

You don't kill a man's father's life project and get away with it

you do if your ass is pink enough

gay love?
give him his sister?

or maybe his little brother is actually alive and they send him somewhere to be taken care of.

I thought it made sense because he said he'd be taking everything away.

Killing the 4 people responsible would still leave Fio as a possible heir.

Killing Galassia completely ruins any chances of Vannetis surviving.

Obviously Don Galassia's nephew or w/e wanted to be in control of the family because of how soft the Don became. The only questions is whether or not he'll kill Avilio.

Looking back I'm pretty sure it was Vanno. He did do the same little gesture that he did after he killed Fango's henchman.

i see no reason why he needs to. but maybe he just dont want any lose ends.

Crazy bastard promised to introduce his little brother to Nero and it seems like he doesn't want to anymore.

If he doesn't kill the man responsible it'll look suspicious.

Is this the only fanservice we're going to get?

Does anyone besides him even know that Angelo killed Don Galassia?

What a shame.

There were a few people with him that watched it happen. Also, if Nero manages to survive I'm sure he'll figure out what happened.

Everyone can probably assume it was him, maybe the nephew told everyone but the ending is clear:

Nero and Anglio are gonna square off.We just dont know what will happen when they do.

The ep is out

Reading this thread, I don't understand if I'm getting trolled or not.

This, as you said, is the greatest asspull in a long time. The first couple of episodes mentioned, over and over, how much Bruno hates the mafia. He doesn't want revenge on the four who killed his family, but the gang families in total.

What better way to do that than by sparking a gang war right on the brink of peace? Keikaku confirmed.

I don't think you know what asspull means

Did you forget him already?

So? Avilio is not shirtless?

When Angelo poured liquor into two glasses I honestly thought he had Corteos body propped on his chair but it was just in his head. I fucking burst out laughing.;_;

So why did Angelo insist on Uncle writing down his name on the letter?

I get that it lets his guard down, but I can't understand what it achieves.

Was it really only to get them to call him in?

You and me both.

If Nero sees the letter and Ganzo's name isn't on it then he knows that Ganzo sent the letter.

>The people named in this letter are my enemies
It's pretty fucking obvious symbolism

Wait, do they rip his shirt in the episode?

This and most likely because he knew Barbie would try to pull something and wanted Ganzo there if it happened.

It absolutely was an asspull. Until this episode, it was building up to Bruno wanting to kill the four. Now we know he wants to pit mafioso v mafioso, assuming Nero and the other 3 will be caught in it.

It took 12 episodes, with little or no hints that this is what he was going for. "Asspull" is not exclusive to hidden abilities or shit like that, and it's not necessarily a bad thing.

the episode was full of QUALITY, as usual

Not as bad as the previous one

There was more than enough foreshadowing.

And?

So wait I'm confused... Avillio works for Galassia? How did that even come together?

What will happen in the next episode? Place your bets

i really respect shuka now

despite them having clearly zero budget at this point they still manage to make something more compelling than almost everything else this season

hope they saved some of it for the finale though

Every damn episode is a fucking ride! This is definitely AOTS. I sure hope the ending doesn't suck.

Will we get Avilio shirtless before this is all over?

But isn't that a good thing?

Angelo wants them both dead

No he doesn't, he still wants his revenge on those four, but he didn't just want to kill them, he wanted to take everything away from them. Him pitting Mafia against Mafia was just a nice way of causing that to happen cause now the Vannettis are no more and that's the one thing Vincent and Nero loved more than anything.

He made it so the Vanettis didn't get anything out of killing the Lagusas in the end. That's why Vincent said it was all for nothing.

i meet them in Chicago.

I already respected them for giving me 3 seasons of Durarara.
But this is great too.

Avilio isn't going to live to the end is he? I wonder what that guy at the end after the credits is going to do with him. I hope he does live so he could get with that qt waitress. But he will probably die taking out Nero.

Angelo will fuck Fio in front of Nero and then kill him

dat ass tho...

>It took 12 episodes, with little or no hints that this is what he was going for

he's going to die, probably hallucinating that Corteo shoots him

So do I, my friend.

>it's another "dies within 200 posts" thread
I don't really mind because there's actual discussion, but let's spice it up a bit:

Where do you think the town of Lawless is? What we know:
>close enough to Chicago
>close enough to Canada
>has a shit-ton of wops

So we know it's in the Great Lakes area. Wikipedia says it's in Illinois (no source), but with Angelo and Nero's fun adventures of Pineapple, I'm thinking more west. My money is on Minnesota

What does this mean?

Angelo and how I single handedly brought down the mafia

>Nephew of Galassias will either take him into his family or use him as bait for Nero since he'll want revenge.

Then probably Avilio and Nero will both shoot each other with Nero dying first and Avilio probably killing the nephew right as he dies as a way to erase all major families that started this whole mess.

I was half expecting him to accuse Angelo of seducing Nero.

But seriously, what did Nero plan to do?

I don't think Japs are aware of Minnesota nor should they be

Is Avilio baring his chest?

The most brutal part of the episode was Vincent's "It's over. It was all for nothing"

Like WHAT

This man has lost his composure.

His benis if you know what I mean.

I thought Avillio actually died at the end until I remembered that there's still another episode left. He definitely won't make it out alive, though. I'd be surprised if he did after everything that happened.

I'm kinda sad he died. He was one of the very few competent characters. Same with Del Toro but he at least managed to take out two more attackers.

This guy was a total beast

Isn't that basically what he said?

Same, but then again he's right. Nero is in too deep.

Barbero did nothing wrong

I also heard him saying heart, not mind, so yeah.

I'm glad he wasn't just a red herring for the 4th guy. He went out beautifully. Shame it was all in vain though.

Can it also mean mind?

I actually expected Angello to blow up don while Nero barely escapes death by accident.
But starting all out war isn't bad.

Yes it can

Threadly reminder that he got what he deserved.

>tfw you see it

Yes it does.

(you)
See what

Bottle cap

Ahahaha thanks for the laugh
Jesus christ I didn't notice anything wrong

Try to groom him like the uncle did for him?

I hope this turns out to be important and not just some fancy words meant to make Barbero go mad with jealousy.
I also hope he's talking about his dick.

>hope he's talking about dick
>>>/yurionice/

He's going to give him a baby

I need to get this off my chest. Please excuse me.

I personally think this show would be better if Corteo was a girl, she would girl of the year.

AOTS

>stabbing a guy in the stomach/back to try and kill him quickly
Why not cut his throat so he can't talk either? Then you don't have to cover his mouth and you have a free hand. Retarded mooks deserve to get taken down by the DEL TORO.

The amount of waifu claiming would be too damn high. Let's leave it how it was, user.

It would be but Fujo's wouldn't buy it

>Avillio walks in on Corteo with her short torn off being beaten

Oh it would be fucking golden

That spot's reserved for Rem

I'm just kidding user.
And it'll be a little while before Yuri on Ice airs so please bear with me a little longer.

This, Corteo's a a shit anyways, NeroAvilio is where it's at.

Well, whatever it was it really pissed Barbero off.

He could actually, isn't his sister still alive? I don't remember.
It would only be right for Avilio to get her since he's the right hand man.

Come on his driving isn't that bad.

Heyyoooooooo

CARLOS

I just realised the fucker didn't say a word.

Is he mute or is Shuka running on scraps at this point?

Second best anime of the season after Bananya

kek

They already explained that he's a mute because of some old injury he suffered, baka

I was expecting yaoi ending
what is this ending

Angsty yaoi ending.

There's one episode left. You never know, your yaoi shipping might just come true.

>expecting yaoi ending
Are you lost?

This Avilio is pretty much dead at this point, I just hope Nero will survive.

>hope Nero will survive
I hope he dies and the only one to live is Fio.

>better
Not necessarily, imo, but it's interesting to note that not much changes if he was.

Are you? Nero and Avilio confronting one another will be the climax of the series.
Revenge VS Bromance, which is stronger, that's the whole point of this series, and everything so far has been leading up to it.

There is no bromance.

I think Nero might legitimately forgive Avilio. Wasn't a fan of the theory but he didn't shoot Vincent after all, plus Vince clearly regrets all of the shit he's done and letting Avilio go might be Nero's way of atonement for his father's deed.

Plus the Vanettis are fucked anyway.

Sned pineapples to make him happier

Get it together, Shuka

He's just shy.

Sure

Angelo would probably be fat if he was living in modern day, with all the processed and sugary snacks sold for cheap

Why would you expect yaoi from this?
I seriously don't understand.

One-sided bromance?

Yep, that's pretty much what I think will happen, but then again the redhaired nephew makes me uneasy. Not sure where they're going with him. Maybe it will all be for naught and both Nero and Avilio will die anyway.

He'd look like a penguin. I love penguins

Uh, I think all the bromance dissipated when Nero forced Angelo to kill his bro.

Just imagine for a second your waifu saying this about you.

>Orco
>killed and chopped like a pork
>Del Toro
>impaled like a bull
Too bad Fango didn't die in a muddier way

How does it feel to be delusional?

Better be delusional than having no imagination.

But his sister is already preggo. Can't give babies for the next 10 month or so.

Dumb delusional fujocuck.

Stay delusional then.

Oh yeah you're right, I forgot.
Oh well, I'm sure he wouldn't mind waiting. If he's still alive by then that is.

I didn't like this ep

Anyone know if the town of "Lawless" is based on a real city? I would assume it's some east coast city. Probably one of the smaller major cities, not sure which though.

Yeah, I was a bit annoyed at how glaring that was.

>not expecting yaoi

>Now we know he wants to pit mafioso v mafioso

That's not it at all. He wants to destroy the Vanetti family. All of it. From Nero to the henchmen. His 'revenge' was because they took everything he had away, now he's taking everything they have. The Opera House's debut is covered in blood, the relationship that he spent years getting with the Glassias (that he killed Testa for), and now their lives.

Angelo doesn't want to just kill them. Kill Nero and someone else takes his place, the Vanettis go on and Nero can die knowing the Vanetti family is safe. But now the Glassias are going to fucking wreck them so Nero has nothing left. Vanno is dead, he had to put down his other brother, his sister moved away and is crazy as fuck, his father's life's work was for nothing, Barbero is dead, and the Vanettis are at war with a family that will destroy them.

They ran out of money weeks ago.
They gave it to Natsume.

It's near Chicago, presumably right next to the Canadian border

You know, maybe Fango wasn't really THAT bad of a guy

he wasn't bad he was batshit crazy

Quite satisfying.

Maybe Nero got pregnant

>Avillio works for Galassia?

No, he just wanted to pit the Glassias against the Vanettis to have the former kick the shit out of the latter. He doesn't care about the Glassias. They're just a convenient tool to carry out his revenge.

>yfw angelo is griffith and nero is guts

Why would they stab him in the arm? These are the worst assassins ever.

At least you know you're brain damaged.

Post good art

Not fanart, but someone made a higher res of the slick logo

Think we'll get any kind of explanation for the title? Why call it 91 Days, and call each episode a "day", if there are only 12 episodes?

13*7=91

91 days is the amount of time in their world that passed for it to reach its finale.

They let them copy the godfather log?
Because that is how old you will be when S2 comes out.

i disagree.

It's the godfather font, but it's not a direct copy. Also, why would there be a season 2 at all?

Then each episode should jump ahead several days/weeks, so the naming convention makes no sense.

i didn't understand why Vincent Vanetti killed Testa, can anyone explain it to me?

I have a feeling it will not be, like Bacano.

Vincent the don of the family they were part of, made it the Vanetti family.
Testa was loyal to the don.

apparently, he made a deal with the Galassia which would have put them as the number one maffia team in town.

killed the don*
whoops

1. Fix your English you dirty ESL
2. Baccano was an adaptation and has more material that wasn't covered with the anime. Unlike 91 Days, which is an anime original that was obviously created to be contained within just 1 season.

It's just a naming convention, like how AnJ had "rounds" even though not every episode had a fight.

based Angelo

I dunno, he looked pretty angry when his father died in his hands, he might blame Avilio for speeding up his death.

This was explained in the last episode when Corteo basically said, "I can't believe it's been 3 months since your return to Lawless, Angelo."

91 days after Angelo's return to Lawless, he would shoot his best friend dead in his quest for vengeance.

Sucking cock

Not lost, just rotten

Reminds of an analysis an user wrote up a few weeks ago.

yeah but he talked about having a deal with the Galcias? Has the name of the previous don been revelead was he a Vanetti too? or another name? like when Fago took the Orcos so it became the Fango family?

Jsus christ that was creepy as fuck

They're too wimpy to fight the mighty DEL TORO.
Only Matador would have been able to deal with him.

that will not happen.
1st: Avillio doesn't want Nero forgiveness at all.
2nd: He shoot the Galassias to make sure the Vanetti would be completly destroyed, the family and everyon loyal to them, he destroyed the whole empire instead of just the people in front of it so no one can rise.

>DEL TORO
Kek everyone kept mentioning his name this episode and I kept wondering who the fuck that was supposed to be. I need to step up my game.

Get some coffee, mate

It is but the episode titles are retarded.

Corteo mentioned it's been three months to Angelo last episode.

This was the most predictable thing that happened in the entire show and kind of boring as beginning of the final climax

The thing is he was gay for NEro, right? If not I don't see the point on this

>Angelo doesn't want to just kill them. Kill Nero and someone else takes his place, the Vanettis go on and Nero can die knowing the Vanetti family is safe. But now the Glassias are going to fucking wreck them so Nero has nothing left. Vanno is dead, he had to put down his other brother, his sister moved away and is crazy as fuck, his father's life's work was for nothing, Barbero is dead, and the Vanettis are at war with a family that will destroy them.

But why make Nero suffers, it should be his dead to be the last one left.

Sick, without respect and his family. He would be in despair.

This development reminds me of Speedostar from Memeyoiga. A shame they didn't also accuse him of being a witch.

>Vincent is terminally ill
>will be dead by next Friday whether Angelo kills him or not
>so he goes and kills everything he achieved
>and indirectly gets Golgo killed
Absolute genious. Now I hope Strega dies too since he was pulling the strings.

His whole speech was supposed to be a "you damn doroboneko!"

pretty sure he wanted revenge on the the people who killed their family, so he destroyed their whole empire by killing Glaassia and make Galassia's family do the job. it was not an ass pull, you are just dumb

>Sick, without respect and his family. He would be in despair.
That's Fio's death.
I sitll hope she's the one to kill Avilio. Not for recreating the family or anything, just to live on in missery and as a last reminder of the futileness of violence.

>Now I hope Strega dies too since he was pulling the strings.
Where was this addressed in the show? The scene after the credits surprised me in that regard.

The Galassias are gonna kill Fio now, remember she went to them.

'Strega' means 'witch' in Italian

Nero is too pure, he doesn't deserve this shit. I hope he kills the fuck out of Angelo.

fuck that bitch, she killed her husbando

Mah Nigga, Nero did nothing wrong.

And Nero is that guy that burned some Italian city, right?
They're made for each other.

he told a guy to kill his best friend.
he killed his own brother.
>Nero is too pure, he doesn't deserve this shit.
wut?

Don't for get all the people he's probably murdered in the name of >muh family name

He told a guy to prove his loyalty by killing a traitor
It was either him or his brother

That's business. His friendship for Angelo was pure, he wanted to make him happy and trusted him to the very end.

>probably
So Nero is a good guy confirmed.

he help killing an inocent man for the sake of his family name. (killing testa family)
he keeps doing that through out the show.

>That's business.

Man, if only every murder could have this defense.

I feel like Ganzo being the Fourth (due to process of elimination) would've objectively been more predictable.

he also says in this exact episode that the family name is more important then friends and family, which for me doesn't even make sense, but i can see some people thinking like that.

Did you miss him talking with Ganzo after Avilio left the bar?

I thought it was just some Vanetti fodder that rallied behind the uncle. Didn't realize that guy was the actual mastermind all along.

>Nero's death count: 0
>Angelo's death count: over 500
Makes you hmmm...

This is only if we count on-screen death, but yes.

Here user, I drew something just for you.

>Nero wanted to give his best friend something to live for
>Angelo got his best friend involved in mafia business so he could get close to the Vanettis

Angelo deserves rape. Good job user.

At least it's not bourbon. I hope.

Nero admitted he killed tons of people

Fuuuck
I was anxious the whole episode. He really did it though.

Feels pretty good to see Angelo getting what he wanted.

>this episode
Why is Angelo so based? God damn.

So predictions

Angelio is brought to Nero and told that the Vanetti's will continue if Nero kills Angelo .

Nero will not and apologize

Nero will get a few bullets in the gut and left there with Angelo

Nero will monologue and die

Turns out Nero told no one except in his will he made Angelo Don

Angelo is let go and thanked

Broken Angelo assumes the position and takes Glassias to the opera

Credits play as we see everyone dying in a gang war

So what's his endgame?

It's just any generic smaller midwestern city near Chicago in the 1920s.

Gather the hottest boys in his cave

He was the old right hand man usurped by Angelo.
It's meant to be jealousy over that, combined with distrust.

The staff did some location hunting before
91days.family/special/apunosroom.html

Del Toro is what Luca Brasi should have been in the movie, not die like a bitch.

nero murders people.

So this is where the budget went to.

except Griffith didn't have a good reason to kill all of his friends other than power

Taking over from Nero as Avilio's pimp now

He still killed the Don of his family, he cant let him live.

But the Don was going soft though, I have no doubts that Strega was going to eventually take him out anyway.

What makes you stronger having nothing to lose, or having everything to lose?

But Avillio knows too much. He's the only one left who knows about Strega's plan.

>He's the only one left who knows about Strega's plan
Does he really?

Angelo has nothing left to live for, I bet he'll commit suicide if they don't kill him in the next episode

No he just knows he was colluding with Gonzo so odds are he can piece it together

>No he just knows he was colluding with Gonzo so odds are he can piece it together
Does he? I don't think he has ever seen them two together.

So was burning everything down and salting the earth all part of his plan along, or did he decide to go full nuclear after they forced him to kill his best friend?

Wait what, I thought 11 was fucking delayed?

He probably decided to do so after going through that+seeing the chance present itself.

ANGELO YOU ABSOLUTE MADMAN!

It sounded like Vincent was secretly trying to get in good with the Galassias to prevent them from taking over the family (much in the way Frate ended up doing). Testa found out about it, so Vincent decided to kill the don and him together.

Ask Angelo if he knows a good plastic surgeon who can realign his eyes.

Oh god this QUALITY is hilarious. Looks like they intended him to speak at this point but then cut his line and forgot to remove the lip flap. Also there was like one single frame of transition.

>implying Fango is actually dead
>implying he won't show up at the last minute and save the day
Did we ever see Fango die? I don't think so.

After the first 3 episodes i thought to myself "What a fucking mediocre piece of shit"

Now i'm glad i didnt drop it

So far the episodes were comprehensible in hindsight, but this one confused the fuck out of me.

What was Angelo's original keikaku? No way getting caught in the act was it, the risk of being shot in the head no questions asked is too high. He was lucky Barbero just carved his arm and still left it good enough to shoot with.

Why did he ask Ganzo to put his name on the letter? I guess it would let Ganzo stay clear of suspicion and be able to bust him loose if Angelo ever got trapped, but then why didn't he do that earlier?

What was the point of the Galassia (?) guys spying on the meeting? What did the Galassias think the plan was?

pls halp

Del Toro was pretty fucking hardcore stab wounds all over and still killing motherfuckers like a profesional.

He stopped giving a fuck after Corteo died.

read the thread

I have, but feel free to point out anything you think I missed.

Man I hope Mafia III is any good.

I'll be jonesing for more mob stuff, when 91 Days is over and this even seems to have a similar premise.

Sasuga, Lelouch.

91 Days? More like 91 key frames.

>mafia iii
>game is about niggers

Spoiler for lewd.

Original plan
>Kill Del Toro
>Take his key
>Kill Vincent
>Then Nero

Reason for Ganzo's name on the letter
>Free's Ganzo from suspicion if the plan fails
>Literally puts his name on Angelo's hit list, something he failed to pick up on
>This wasn't done earlier because this was the first time the letter was used as something other than blackmail against Ganzo

Galassia's spying
>Ganzo is working with Strega
>Plan was to kill all the Vanetties and then absorb the family into the Galassia's with Ganzo as head
>It wasn't spying but doublechecking with Ganzo that Avilio could be trusted

Neat.

Well it's New Orleans, black thugs are cheap, so the whops don't have to put their own necks on the line.

Plus, the main dude is really just out to destroy a mob clan because they killed his family and makes use of their infighting to do so.

I'd kill for that.

Speaking of blacks, why aren't there black people in this show? I know America was segregated back then but you'd think you'd at least see a black person doing menial labor or walking in the streets.

>inb4 Corteo
He's Sicilian or some other dark-skinned Italian.

That's one of the reasons I thought it wasn't actually set in America, until they started talking about Chicago.

This is the face of soulless and broken man who's minutes away from becoming a serial murderer.

I really love it.

Thanks user, that helps some. But how did Angelo plan to stay alive to kill Ganzo if he was really going to follow their agreed plan? Once he shot the Vanettis, the bodyguards would kill him or Ganzo would have him killed since he's dangerous and no longer useful at that point.

>He's Sicilian or some other dark-skinned Italian.
really? I figured he was a mulatto or something

I'm not sure why some characters are randomly brown. On the one hand, everyone else is pale with pretty much no in-between. On the other hand, no one comments on it ever.

Angelo always planned to kill Galassia, he just said he would kill Vanetti so that Ganzo would bring him in on the plan.

It's perfectly acceptable given the setting.

Shit, you're completely right. I forgot Angelo knew don Galassia would be there.

Why didn't the Galassias just kill Vincent and Nero themselves? They obviously had enough guys with guns.

>>Why didn't the Galassias just kill Vincent and Nero themselves?
They had no reason to, Angelo gave them one.

Don Galassia didn't know about the plan and didn't want to have the Vanetti's killed. If a member of the Galassia's were to kill Vincent then the Galassia's would probably have a internal feud start, if a Angelo killed a Vanetti then the Galassia's would have a reason to swallow them up, if a Vanetti killed Galassia then a full on gang war starts.

Strega was working with Ganzo, that's why he thought Ganzo betrayed him.

I assumed it was a Vincent scenario where the nephew was basically in charge, but that makes sense.

are you a retard? he killed him so his mafia would kill nero's and he doesnt have to do a thing

It was more a Fango situation. There is Orco/Galassia that's in charge and has support and then there's the young radical Strega/Fango who has their own smaller power base and are planning big things. The big difference is that Strega is much closer to Galassia than Fango was to Orco.

This show is living proof that even with a $1 budget you can create something better than 70% of what's out there. Sure, you're going to get Avilio drinking his booze through still frames and audio drama CD sound effects instead of sakuga slow motion drops, but everything else is there. The writers are real story tellers and the sound direction makes them justice. The plot isn't creative or anything but the way it's being laid out is good. You can tell a story about some guy watering plants for 12 episodes and make it entertaining, something like that. Some of the developments are predictable but there is some degree of uncertainty that leads up to twists that you don't see coming but make perfect sense afterwards while not going into retarded plotwist every week territory. It really is too bad the only thing everyone is going to remember is QUALITY because otherwise this is a pretty good show and would definitely be referenced if it wasn't for that.

Vanettis are getting their just deserts. Angelo did nothing wrong.

So what were all the goofy Italian names? I only know that Fango was Mud.

>Vanettis are getting their just deserts
Just like Angelo's dad.

You're dead, Barbero. Rest.

>You can tell a story about some guy watering plants for 12 episodes and make it entertaining
I'll be damned if that's not a manga or anime already.

But yeah, the series has a decent story and some good direction despite the low budget. I really hope these guys get around to do Baccano!! 2

The problem with Baccano is that it cut out most of book 3 in favor of focusing on the more action focused book 2. It came back to bite them when book 2 was largely inconsequentially and the series continues on from all the plot points and characters in book 3 that the anime cut out. They did what they could with the Graham Specter OVA's but that's the only part of the source material left that was unaffected by the cuts and retcons the anime made.

Orco->porco->pork
Corteo->procession
Strega->witch, as said before.
Cerotto->plaster
Serpente->snake
Lacrima (Fango's bitch)->tear
Testa->head
Scusa->sorry
Volpe->fox
Tigre->tiger
Corvo->crow
And I don't know about Italian, but Barbero is barber in Spanish (duh) and Del Toro, well, "of the Bull" ("de", "de la" and "del" are common beginnings for Spanish surnames)

I haven't read the Baccano!! LN yet so I didn't know that the adaption left it in bad shape. That sucks. Hopefully they can do something about it.

God damn it.

>Game called Mafia
>Isn't about being in the mob

>tfw no one will rip the blurays

>Orco->porco->pork
>Scusa->sorry
lel

>Cerotto->plaster
Band-aid according to anons.

What about Ganzo and Delphy?

i wish they'd used real names, the goofy ones don't suit the seriousness of the show.

>i wish they'd used real names, the goofy ones don't suit the seriousness of the show.
I think it works for some characters. It's like having goofy nicknames for all their gangsters to make themselves look tough.

Like Clamps.

What the fuck is Vincent's sickness? The coughing blood thing felt like too much of an anime cliche.

From one of the first threads:
luce = light
nero = black
frate = brother
fio = retribution
vanno = to go
clemente = clement
tronco = log, torso
ganzo = smart
galassia = galaxy
granchio = mistake

orco is ogre actually.

>Ganzo
ganzo in spanish is a goose so probably the same.

Only that is ganso, not ganzo.

The coughing blood thing is a real life cliche that is followed by a deadly trope if left unrated. Life is literally plagiarizing Korean cartoons.

ah fuck

>what is tuberculosis
>what is acute bronchitis/pneumonia
>what is lung cancer
And this was in the late 1920s where getting sick was a bigger deal and not as quickly treatable

Can't that happen from pneumonia or really bad cases of bronchitis?

But your right it's probably the usual anime "oh no I'm gonna die soon" stuff

Italian and Spanish may sound the same but they're not the same. Otherwise you wouldn't have such a hard time understanding each other.

Fuck, I can't take this seriously any more. This is like finding out the meanings of the antagonist names in Vento Aureo, I was better off not knowing.

Shit, now I want to eat a Gansito.

>high praise for a well-deserving show, while acknowledging its budget issues
>on top of that, spells "just deserts" correctly

I like you.

ANGELO AND CORTEO SHOULD'VE BEEN HAPPY TOGETHER AS BROTHERS
This isn't how I wanted things to end.

I think one of my favorite things is how good this show is and it's not a fucking adaption.

>it wasn't delayed by a week
Excellent.

I've been wondering, how did Angelo get Nero's and Vanno's and Don Orco's and now Don Galassia's trust so easily? Most people don't warm up to a stone faced person who doesn't smile back or engage in conversation and keeps his life history secret.

By putting in work.

Machiavellian cunning

Why did I forget to mention several of those?
Vanno felt weird, but once one realizes he was the first "to go"...
Also thought that Galassia was obvious, but I should know better seeing how often people get that mispelled.
I had no idea about Granchio and Nero slipped past me because of the emperor.
>fio = retribution
I hope

>fio = retribution
>I hope
God I don't want this ending, simply because it's as if you guys spoiled me.

The only reason I knew it was because they mentioned it in the moments before that all went down.

Nero made Angelo his heir right?

Why would he do that?

This show will have to explain why Nero cared so much about this random fuckboy he meet two weeks ago.

AI YO.

Because he was going to give Angelo a reason to live. I.E. He is his brother and truly family

Angelo was the only thing Nero had that he thought he could rely on

It's been ~3 months since Angelo's been in the mafia, though

I don't get why Angelo is so hung up on making Nero suffer rather than making Vincent suffer.

Imagine Vincent, crippled, his two sons dead, his daughter abandoned, his family in misery. All he worked for destroyed and him left alone.

Sure it should be a better imaginary than making the dude that too much of a pussy to shot suffer.

Angelo doesn't give a shit, Nero survived by chance.

Because Nero failed to kill him.

Well, he did die knowing all the Galassias will be out for blood against Nero at least. Also, what happened with Corteo might have bumped Nero up on the hate list

I figured it was like evanston for whatever reason

what

Y-You too.

My sides.

WHAT A FUCKING RIDE THAT EPISODE. AOT MOTHERFUCKING Y HANDS DOWN. PERIOD.

at least is not that bad as this

GETTIN' CAUGHT IN THE RAIN

That was a really good episode. I just wish the middle portion of this show maintained the same quality because as of now, the beginning and end are superb but the quality really dwindled in the middle.

He's good at telling others what they want to hear and acting as he knows they want him to act without them realizing they're giving him the cues. He planned things so that he sneaked his way into the family without imposing and even looking as if he didn't care much. He turned into Nero's right-hand man by placing himself in the right place at the right time and taking advantage of it so that it all appeared to be a natural chain of events. Remember his smile while he lit up a cigarette knowing he'd be escorting Nero for a while? All according to plan.

What kind of fate is waiting for Fio in Chicago?

That may be true about the animation, but the writing remained consistently impressive throughout. I'm yet to watch a serious show this unpredictable and surprising each episode.

She will be purged, like everyone else in her family, by the Galassias.

>Fio = Vanetti
>Fio's child = Galassia
>Avilio = Lagusa
Coexistence.

Who knows. She might just get offed for being a Vanetti. She really doesn't deserve any of the shit that happened to her.

Animation was shit but honestly Fango was just a horrible addition to the show in my opinion. The beginning of the show made an attempt to be a rather grounded anime about the mafia and yet they introduce such a bombastic and over the top retard which was just completely unnecessary.

Alcohol addiction and prostitution in one of the Galassia whorehouses.

>best friend
Corteo was more than his best friend, he was the last family that Angelo had left. It's what made the dynamic of Corteo trying to pull Angelo off the path of revenge, as well as Angelo ultimately killing Corteo for the sake of pursuing his revenge, so significant.

It'd be honestly kinda sick if Fio came back from Chicago to kill Angelo. I think that's a fitting end.

I liked Fango's progression. Cannibalizing the Don must have affected him because he seemed like an actual mob boss afterward.

Fango was a sour note at the beginning, but he then turned into something that really complimented the show. I couldn't imagine this show without him.

It gave Ganzo a false sense of security by thinking that Avilio was covering his ass. If Nero saw the letter and Ganzo wasn't there, Nero would know Ganzo is the one who sent it.

But it's also ironic, because we know that Avilio is planning to kill Ganzo as well, and Avilio basically has Ganzo sign his own death warrant.

I want to give Avilio something to live for.

what did he mean by this?

>final scene is Angelo finding her a couple months preggo with a big belly
>scene starts fading to black
>gunshot noise implying he shot her
>vannetis are dead-tti.

He wanted to impregnate Avilio's boi pussy with a baby.

At the very least it was intentional irony. Nero made Angelo personally kill the last non-revenge thing he had to live for, then says that line, when Avilio's already decided he'll live solely for the sake of getting revenge against Nero (and his family).

Make him the Pineapple King, obviously.

Glorious. What we thought was the plan fails. Avilio captured. Uncles comes through again. THEN Avilio kills Galassia, trolling viewers and everyone else in the show.

Opera house, the culmination of Vanetti's lifelong dream, destroyed by a massacre on opening night. Nero too loses everything he thought he'd uphold. Glorious.

who the fuck even was the dude at the very end? i don't remember seeing him before this episode

He's the second of command to the Galassia's. He was mentioned a couple times but this episode was his first appearance.

>I didn't watch the episode
It's the galassia don's right hand

Ganzo is an old-fashioned slang term that means "cool" referred to someone or something. If someone used it nowadays it would sound pretty stupid.

Orco is also simply "orc" as the fantasy creature.

And yes, Cerotto is band-aid, vouldn't stop laughing when I heard it the first time.

I'm a little disappointed that almost all the major players died in this episode. I was hoping they would save some of them for the last episode to close the show off with a massive bloodbath, but it looks like they're instead going for something slow and suspenseful culminating in Avilio and/or Nero's death. Well, we still have Fio and Fango's girlfriend and lackey, but I doubt they can do much.

From a cumdump whore to a dead whore

That meaning of Granchio comes from a saying, normally it just means crab.

i did watch the episode. the names of the families blend together after a while.

The development that the Galassias were behind Ganzo's ambition was solid enough to carry all the episode, but that was only the build-up for more glorious twists. That was fucking great.

It will help if you stop drinking while watching it.

For some people living to eat delicious food is good enough reason

So are we ever going to see Nero in Chicago and why the Galassias were so interested in him in particular?

Damn, I wish Barbero died knowing he was a bitch, instead of getting surprised like that.

What? You mean Angelo

Here's shota Angelo:
>I grabbed my friend’s arm as he tried to run away and jumped into my father’s arms.
>— If we die, we die together. I’m taking you down with me, bestie!

HAHAHAHAHA

Yeah apparently Angelo was meant to value him all along, though that didn't come across until episode 10 if you ask me.

>The only precious thing I had left with me was Corteo……[T/N: It doesn’t flow as well, but the tone of the original is ‘Corteo, who did me the favour of being by my side, was the only precious thing I had left.’]

Italians all look alike

Who are you quoting?

In hindsight, it's really clear that Angelo being cold towards Corteo while telling him to run off to college was him trying to keep Corteo from getting too involved for his safety. He's too emotionally stunted and guarded to be direct with his feelings.

Yeah I mean Angelo. I get that he's savvy as fuck at this point but it's surprising that the Galassias were already trying to win him over the moment we met them. Add in the fact that his state of mind is all fucked up and it feels like there's something important that hasn't been shown.

Angelo. Nah it's some blog's translation of the novelization.
intra-fiducia.tumblr.com/post/150597115114/91-days-novel-first-translation-interlude
intra-fiducia.tumblr.com/post/150772076039/91-days-novel-first-translation-prologue

He was homo for Nero, wasn't he?

With a few tweaks, this would be one script I'd love to see Hollywood make a live-action out of. De Niro as Vincent. Wouldn't have to whitewash either.

Well it's not like women exist in this world, except ones you have to share with Fango.

He turned out to be quite a joke by the end didn't he?

Why the fuck didn't he just shoot him in the head?

Because he needed Angelo to know that he's Nero's fuccboi, not Angelo

He was fueled by insecurity, thus he was probably afraid he'd suffer consequences by killing Avilio.

Calling Ganzo without calling Nero (who he outright said would spare Avilio) was an attempt to get someone higher up to greenlight killing Avilio and thus shield him against the responsibility of acting against Nero's interests.

I think this works as the climax. So many character this episode were probably thinking something along these lines:
>X will happen
>And that will be the end of it

Barbero was thinking that killing Avilio would end it, Ganzo and Strega thought that Nero and Vincents deaths would be the end of it, Vincent and Nero thought his alliance with the Gallasia's would end it. But what actually happened was Angelo interfered and while it didn't end, all the characters plans, like the show, are all over but the tears.

That was pretty fantastic.

Avilio delivered and did even more.

A shame about the quality but everything else in this show has been pretty great.

I seriously thought he was going to kill himself in that booth for a second.

He did make Vincent suffer. No point shooting him, he's a dead man walking convinced that he is going to die leaving behind a legacy and everything in order. At the apex of his satisfaction, it all gets thrown out the window.

it's milwuakee

That was the Strega guy at the end post-credits right? He seemed pretty pissed and betrayed when Don Galassia was killed. What's his plan now?
What is he gonna do to Angelo dying in the alley?

nothing, nero will appear behind him and kill him

Man, I'm really loving this, it's tightly written with sensible plot twists and doesn't treat the audience like retards. I hope the final episode can do it justice, I can see it being really cliched but maybe they'll surprise us again.

Seriously, what the fuck happened in Chicago? Don Galassia treats him like a close acquaintance and we've never even seen them meet.

>this fucking episode
I like to compare this show to Shin Sekai Yori. They both have great beginnings, boring middles and great finishes.

I'm honestly surprised that 91 days, plot wise held up. I expected the nips to completely fuck up the story by episode 5 and then just laugh with Cred Forums about how Terribad the show has gone. Well, they still have a chance to completely fuck everything up next week but I thoroughly enjoyed this and went in expecting absolutely nothing.

I was expecting this to be trainwreck like Gangsta but actually pleasantly surprised with the sensible writing

I thought it was going to turn into a total snorefest like Joker Game with characters that are more like props than actual people. I was wrong, and I started tearing up like a little bitch when Corteo was kill

Were women even allowed into the mafia?

Can we expect a final showdown between the two?

What if Nero just offs himself

Angelo's a pretty capable dude and he's got enough wits about him to be charming if a bit blunt. Wouldn't you want to bring in a kid with as much moxy as him?

The closest thing I know of is some mexican granny cartel boss who was apparently pretty brutal even for drug lords, which says a lot.

I mean I find it completely believable that he won him over, but not seeing how he did it frustrates me.

>Now we know he wants to pit mafioso v mafioso
That doesn't even need to be his goal. He wanted to kill all the four. Period. No matter what. And the only way he could feasibly kill the Uncle, while still keeping him around as his benefactor, was to cause a gang war and indirectly kill him.

Not to mention by sparking the war he directly undermined what Vincent killed his family to achieve, right before his eyes. He managed to break a man who had accepted death and get him to admit that everything he did was for naught.

RIP

Also, I'm glad it went this way. Insisting on getting revenge with your own hands is pointless when you can do more damage by fucking with politics.

>it's another "dies within 200 posts" thread
Rejoice, user. It ain't no more

>master1200.jpg
Don't do that.

I don't know if it'll be a showdown at this rate, Angelo's exhausted, tripping and bleeding(?). Not to mention Strega stumbles upon him, it's hard to say what it'll be like when Nero runs into him.

>Too bad Fango didn't die in a muddier way
Well, he was batshit crazy, he died in a crazy way (blunt trauma from phone and blood loss from getting his throat turned into a blood faucet), and Corteo was temporarily crazy when he killed Fango.
I guess it still makes sense.

>It took 12 episodes, with little or no hints that this is what he was going for.
>Asspull
I thought it was pretty obvious that he might try to use the galassias at one point to wipe out the Vanettis in his revenge. Rather, all the Galassias talk felt like it was pointing to this.

Well, as you can imagine there were two games about being in the mob before that.
It's not a bad idea to keep things fresh by offering a new perspective.
Maybe in Mafia 4 you can then be an Ayyyyfoggetaboudit again.

You know your mindset has been screwed by too much battle shounen when you're concerned about 'asspulls' that are literally just the result of a logical thought process rather than episodes worth of blatantly unsubtle build up. We aren't being spoonfed with this series, but the way things happen makes a lot of sense and in retrospect it does seem pretty obvious although it was a plot twist.

I'll see your alcohol reference and raise you a Sloppyjoe.

Well, with Nero's father dying in his arms like that, there's no way Nero is going to let Angelo go. There's only one episode left and the show has built a lot between the whole Nero v Angelo thing.

Not sure how a showdown will happen but I'm still betting on one.

They can always go the Kuroshitsuji path and make a new season that retcons the retcons that the anime made to the LN.

>Angelo is so hung up on making Nero suffer
Not exactly. It's just that Nero was the best chance Angelo had into getting in the family, and so he chose to stick with him.
We know that Angelo just wants to destroy the whole family but if he even had any hint of forgiveness for Nero, all of that probably disappeared last episode.

delphin is dolphin i think

If she's pregnant, that unborn child would be heir apparent to the family name. The Galassias in general might not want to kill her but Strega probably would (because the birth of that child would kick him off the priority spot for donhood).

doesn't fio mean string?

>Fango was just a horrible addition to the show
He's the craziness we all needed, the character that gave us a contrast for all the other characters, and he added that element of unpredictability that helped progress the plot and let Angelo do everything according to keikaku.

Plus his voice is just great.

I hope that Avillio tortures Nero in the end to make his revenge sweeter.

>almost all the major players died in this episode
Speaking of, does this episode have the highest body count of the show?

This. It's disappointing. The fact that he was the wise man of the group and that he was voiced by Sakurai led me to believe that his character was going to be a lot more significant than this.

But I guess I shouldn't have expected anything special after seeing the show kill off an OnoD character (that was implied to be one of the main ones in the promos) 2 episodes in.

>>Cerotto->plaster
>Band-aid according to anons.
Band-Aid is a brand of adhesive bandages, also known as (sticking) plasters in British English.

>Nero sees Strega and Avilio.
>Nero kills Strega.
>Showdown between Nero and Avilio.

This episode was bloody amazing. The uncle fucking Nero over by saying sniping made him watch the event unfold was based.

Does anyone know the violin soundtrack they used?

So is Galassia Jr. going to use Angelo as bait to draw Nero out? Or is he going to try to employ him in some other way?

>that gun profile on the left

Is that a fucking Beretta 92?

They go to the countryside to live the rest of their lives as brothers.

Holy shit this episode was 11/10. AOTS!

Also this. I need that music that plays when Don Galassia is killed

Oh my fucking god this episode was amazing.

>Killing Don Gallasian did more damage to the Vanetti's than killing Vincent.
Fucking genius.

I really liked how this ended. Avilio no longer cares. He isn't planning anything but he isn't being recklessly stupid either. He's running on pure instinct and animal cunning. And from a fucked up plan he pulled a twist far more effective than just killing Vincent.

I bet he didn't even plant to kill the galassia don, it just clicked in his mind as he was pointing the gun that this was the best way to fuck it all up.

hikarinoakariost.info/91-days-original-soundtrack/

Considering all those animals thrown in there, I'm more willing to go with crab.

I think he considered it ever since Ganzo told him that Vincent killed his dad just to get in the good side of the Galassia

I don't. I think that consideration was always in the back of his mind, but I think he didn't really think of anything to do beyond killing vincent until all the pieces were before him

Barbero should have shoot the son of the bitch right after he stabbed Del Toro. Shoot first confirm with Nero later.
He could have stopped all this.

Barbero always acts on orders though, he called for Ganzo so he could sanction the hit.

Cuckero doesn't have it in him to kill witout a monolog about his boyfriend

>last episode
>Nero searches for Angello up and down
>In the end it turns out he was dead since last episode
Wont even be mad.

youtu.be/KKh4EII-BDM?t=85

>Plus his voice is just great
Watch the Nambaka PV. He's back.

He had to find out who he was working with.

But men cannot impregnate men.

Yes.
But while I still support it, there's probably no way it's happening.
Corteo's death fucked up a lot of things.

Petty jealousness.

Reminded me of that guy from the 300 who died by spears.

Nero would've thought Barbero killed him out of jealousy. He needed to confirm with Ganzo that Avilio intended to betray him before he can kill him.

What kind of exercise is this.

This show has no women because they are icky. Only men are allowed.

Remember the part where he ordered the death of a child and mother?

Just scaring them off, there's no point in actually killing them because that would only infuriate the investigator even more since he would have nothing else to lose

They lived because of a fluke.

I'm sure the hidden bear doll was part of the plan.

>the policeman who ignited the engine died
>no one cares
Sucks to be him.

I miss him. ;_;

In the last episode Angelo spoke chummily on the phone with them while Corteo was waiting outside of the grocery store so it was implied.