Why are mecha musume series more successful than traditional mecha?

Why are mecha musume series more successful than traditional mecha?

Define successful. Gundam still prints money.

Gundam is decades old and runs on pre-existing fanbase.

>mecha musume series
You mean out of the whopping amount of 1 (one) that exists?

>Symphogear
>IS
>Strike Witches
>Kancolle

>Why are mecha musume series more successful than traditional mecha?
>Posts FAG, which doesn't have a series.
>Posts the one FAG that isn't even based on a Frame Arms or has armor or mech parts, calling its mecha musume status into question.

Also Busou Shinki and Sky Girls.

Sex sells

Gundam still reigns as king of profits and continuously draws in new fans.

>No gundam musume series about a gunpla club full of cute girls who are all themed after different gundam series.

>>No gundam musume series about a gunpla club full of cute girls who are all themed after different gundam series.

How the fuck Sunrise did not do this yet?

And Neptunia.

X-chan best girl. Turn A-chan a shit.

>and continuously draws in new fans

Is that why all new series sell mediocre?

There's MS girls but it's not an anime unless you count Super Fumina. Big surprise that the Sinanju would translate as a blonde tsundere ojou-sama too.

Who cares, she's cute.

New series sell poorly because they're shit
IBO was shit, G-Reco was shit, Try was shit

It's why bandai is reporting their gunpla profits being up 140%. Also:
>Thunderbolt not selling well
>Origin not selling well

I can't even remember last good Gundam series. It lives on thanks to plastic sales.

It's not about the anime series sales but the overall franchise and it still sells a lot better than most, even on TV especially for a day time franchise which typically never chart to begin with. Gundam Unicorn was also the best selling OVA of all time after one week of one volume and Gundam The Origin has been consistently among the best selling things anime BD volumes for the past couple years it's been coming out. This is to say nothing of what the Model Kits pull in.

Exactly, you can just slap breasts on anything and all the NEETs starved of female contact will buy it in an attempt to fill that void

That's mostly credited to Build Fighters by Bandai executives for starting a new Gunpla boom and getting really young kids particularly girls interested in Gundam for the first time.

>It's drawing in new people
>No its not
>Its model sales are up
>Thats only because it brought in new people

What?

Which it has since the early 80s.

because lolis with tiny "armors" are better than dumb robots piloted by faggots.

Yeah what indeed? Why are you trying to over-complicate what I said which is actually really simple to understand and makes perfect sense. >Newer younger fans including girls added to existing fanbase for first time
>greater sales
>greater revenue

Incredibly fucking simple and basic economics and business theory.

The idea is to have those younger fans evolve into lifelong fans but I'm sure there's a long term strategy for that too.

Further up the chain it was implied that the comment about drawing in new fans was false as evidenced by the recent series bd sales not being high. The response to that was that the model kit sales are up which shows, as you also said, that new people are indeed being drawn in.

You post made it sound like you were saying that the sales being up don't show new fans are being drawn in and that they're only up because new people were drawn in.

>Mecha musume
>Girls don't look remotely like robots
I wish this meme would end.

GBF was a series about kids playing with toy robots. It was more like Pokemon than Gundam.

Just like mecha is not just robots mecha musume is not just robots.

Arpeggio or GuP were also classified as mecha in japan.

this

/thread

>that image
Been looking for these for awhile, more?

symphogear is debatable because it's a mahou shoujo with tons of mecha influence
IS is harem, mecha is just an excuse and is not the main appeal of the show anyways
I don't know about strike witches, haven't seen it
Same with Kancolle

I kinda liked 00, sure it went full retard at the end but at least it didn't feel like watching paint dry most of the time.

UC is still a surefire hit that sells gangbusters.

The others, not so much.

Plastic still sells like crack though.

Watch first episode of symphogear again it's literally mecha suit run on amplified sound waves so no magic here unless getter rays are also magic.
Kanmusu are literally ships.
And the entire premise of IS are girls in power suits.

The symphogear require relics to work, it's magitek but the magic is still there.

>mfw Kancolle got nominated for best mech designs in some jap magazine

Build Fighters or Origin.

The relics ARE mecha suits, it's the same with IS or 100 they have piece of jewelry on them used to summon the mecha suit with nanomachines and shit, the only magic element in symphogear was Fine and Carol yet Fine become EVA and Carol turned into a zoid.

Some of them are.

Volume 2 TL when

Regardless of how much magic is involved, the genre isn't really defined by whether there's magic or not. That's why we've had magitech mecha in the past. Most people aren't going to say that Break Blade isn't mecha because technically all the "robots" are telekinetically controlled quartz statues or that Eva isn't mecha because the Evas are giant, armored god-humans.

Am I the only one that remembers vividred?
I remember the faceless human forces aren't merely fodder all the time there. Also akane is cute as a button