Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu

How many of you are reading the Web Novel translations?

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/77wrxh911hzuco9/80,000 word summary.pdf
twitter.com/takahan0508/media
youtube.com/watch?v=2KYYVrBX4v0
syosetu.com/
twitter.com/nezumiironyanko
ask.fm/nezumiironyanko
lemonwater123.wordpress.com/2016/09/20/rezero-web-novel-arc-6-subaru-visits-rem-and-makes-an-oathtranslated/
youtube.com/watch?v=6wriKBIuZag
ncode.syosetu.com/n2267be/162/
youtube.com/watch?v=-0pyKU7QCq8
translationchicken.com/
lemonwater123.wordpress.com/2016/09/20/rezero-web-novel-translation-of-rems-proposalconversation-with-subaru-under-the-flugel-tree/
lemonwater123.wordpress.com/2016/09/20/rezero-web-novel-translated-scene-of-rem-feigning-her-death/
zeroliveblog.wordpress.com/2016/09/18/rezero-vol-3-interlude-carriage-one-act/
drive.google.com/file/d/0B_oxWJ1yWNv4S2ZDOWs2NHo1bUE/edit
ncode.syosetu.com/n2267be/401/
translationchicken.com/2016/09/12/rezero-arc-3-interlude-ii-lets-eat-12/
translationchicken.com/2016/09/17/rezero-arc-3-interlude-iii-to-each-their-oaths16/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Before you found out about it.

I am!
>Emilia: “And you immediately cover it up. ...You're worried about Rem-san, aren't you?”
>Subaru smiles bitterly and gazes at Rem.
>Subaru: “I'm worried. I'm super worried. I've been thinking this whole time I have to do something, and I'm sure I'll constantly be thinking about it. I do want to think of you as my number one, but... this isn't something I can put a number on. Sorry.”
>Emilia: “Getting mad at that would make me a bad girl. I'm not going to be mad when it's something so important. ...You can tell just by looking that she's someone important to you.”
>Just like Subaru, Emilia looked over at the sleeping Rem, and narrowed her eyes. Emilia's lips quivered, and after a moment of hesitation,
>Emilia: “You love her, don't you?”
>Subaru: “Love her, love her a lot. I love her as much as I love you, Emilia-tan.”
>Emilia: “Saying this is a bit, but... Subaru, are you a cheater?”
Also, it doesn't sound like the whole "numbers in his heart" thing is as simple as just that. It's interesting that this sentence wasn't included in the previous translations of this scene. Assigning numbers to your emotions never really seemed right to me anyhow.
>I do want to think of you as my number one, but... this isn't something I can put a number on. Sorry.
Let me go and find it.
twitter.com/takahan0508/media

Literally the first time I'd be okay with a Harem end

Numbers is about his scene with Beako, he just said that he can't put Beaco first, since Emilia and Rem is already his #1 and 2. He loves them equally, but since Emilia was first love she is #1. It's not about importance for him.
This.

>Arms crossed, Subaru inevitably had to have some doubts about all that uncompensated love proffered to him. Did he really have enough merit to him for a girl as well-done as Rem to love him so much?
>Even now he had to wonder it. That said, he was simultaneously thinking that he'd have to become a man who matched up to that merit.
Well, that sounds like the right attitude. Even though he's already got Rem's love, he doesn't think of that as an excuse to not put in any effort on his part.
>Emilia: “Why Rem-san loves you sooo much. It's definitely 'cause whenever she was nearby, you only ever showed her how awesome you could be. Subaru, you're like a disease that sometimes does things that're sooo cool.”
Does Emilia ever get a better picture of Rem later on? It sounds like she's completely off base here, considering how Subaru thinks of Rem as the one who he's willing to show his weakness to.

5 days late but I just got home to fast internet
This episode reminds me why I love Rem and Emilia-tan equally.
God reading moonrunes is still pain in the ass for me and waiting for TL is even worse
I have to git gud at japanese finally

> this isn't something I can put a number on. Sorry.

I kept saying that his actions made him seem all that much more concerned about Rem, not necessarily meaning he deslikes Emilia, but people kept sayong "noooooo, he never said something like that", because apparently hearing that directly is necessary.

Well there you go. I wonder how Emilia is going to think about it once she remembers who Rem is.

Just read the 80k word summary/translation of arc 4. Kudos to the user that did that, loved the little asides and the cheeky meme arrow as well.
The first trial was very moving, but Satella showing up in a world that Echidna had created from Subaru's memories came as a surprise, and Satella being an actual threat to Echidna was the icing on the cake. Not to mention that she even needed Sekhmet to repell Satella. It's terrifying how powerful she is even after having been sealed. I also feel incredibly sorry for Subaru's parents, they will likely never get to see their son again, which is double sad because he finally gets his shit together

So in the end, what was the announcement for the PV of EP 25 that was airing today?

>Well there you go. I wonder how Emilia is going to think about it once she remembers who Rem is.
They will teach her about pleasure of cumming inside.

godspeed user

We don't know, he may find a way to travel back and forth, since supposedely the entrance is found at the "Great waterfall" and a big mystery of the series is that people from earth have been getting sent to this world for ages.

Also, did the summary confirm the whole thing about Subaru being a above average chilld in his childhood and later on slowly started to slow down on it, and eventually tried to imitate his father because he felt he was not going to catch up to him? Then goes for him wanting to be disowned, but the parents actually try to help him instead of outright kicking him out.

It's eerily similar to me, and it makes me feel like a piece of shit.

It was literally the lost episode 25 PV, nothing else.

>Emilia
>Remembering who Rem is

Never.

Ley has to do at some point.

>>Emilia: “Why Rem-san loves you sooo much. It's definitely 'cause whenever she was nearby, you only ever showed her how awesome you could be. Subaru, you're like a disease that sometimes does things that're sooo cool.”
Too bad Tappei gives Emilia a free pass on everything, or she'd get choked to death, or at the very least punched, right there.

I guess EOP will finally able to read vol 9 in 2042.
>just read word summary
My sides

Well shit, that was a disappointment.
Was fun while it lasted, see you Re:Zero threads, S2 never.

Don't think you're alone. Think of the people who love you. Resist with people who won't let you die and people who you want to protect. Even when you can't reach the future, die with the fear of death. Don't forgot there's people who feel sad for your death.

>Emilia: “Why Rem-san loves you sooo much. It's definitely 'cause whenever she was nearby, you only ever showed her how awesome you could be. Subaru, you're like a disease that sometimes does things that're sooo cool.”

Funny. It's like Emilia has it backwards since Subaru would never be openly true to her. In a sense that he never wanted to show his vulnerability to anyone else.

>Beatrice: “You left Betty behind too, I suppose, Juice...”
>Shaking her head, Beatrice throws the gospel at Subaru. He scrambles to catch it, succeeds, and breaths a sigh of relief.
>Subaru: “Hell was that. I'm not gonna call it a dangerous book, but it's definitely still a creepy book. Treat it more carefully!”
>Beatrice: “—It's proper that you be the one to hold onto this, I suppose. Will the Witch Factor choose, or not? Either way, the selection is closing in, in fact. If this helps you make your judgement then, I'm sure Juice will rest in peace, I suppose.”
This is the real tragedy of Re:Zero. A good man cut short before his time.

I wonder what drove Satella to kill the other witches.

They were all friends, the witches still consider her a friend despite all that happened, aside from Echidna, and Satella herself seems to not be a bad person. So whatever the hell drove her to kill all of the others with traps must have been some serious shit.

NEW CHAPTER WHEN.

Why is she so obsessed with Subaru?

>That picture

Betelgeuse seems like he was everyone's friends before being driven crazy by Pandora.

Pandora is also implied to have killed Emilia's parents, and most likely is the one telling the cult what to do.

Subaru being Pride definitely looks like it's being set up as a red herring.
>Though Subaru's phrasing was somewhat exaggerated, the sentiment was unmistakably his truest feelings. For a Subaru who'd been open with his feelings for Emilia and pursued her with force enough to knock birds out of flight, having other men interacting her set his heart ablaze with unbearable envy.
>He surely had more envy, and more possessiveness, than most.
I'm going to bet on him being the Bishop of Envy, with Aldebaran as Pride.

Most assume there's some hidden connection between the two, something from the past. Others thinks Satella is Emilia from the future, which i hope is not the case.

Being envy makes the most sense, since he literally got his power from the witch of ENVY.

>Pandora is also implied to have killed Emilia's parents, and most likely is the one telling the cult what to do.
Ah, but Pandora is Vainglory, and Vainglory is about empty pride. As powerful as she is, she's probably an unwitting pawn for someone even higher than her.

this.

what do you expect really from anime only viewer? as much as i hate youtube reviewer, gigguk bring alot of valid points of why people prefer rem over any other casts based on anime only.

and for some reason the wn reader that prefer emillia think its rocket science or its dumb as fuck to prefer rem over emillia if you are anime only viewer. Thats just how it is unfortunately.

Tappei is master of sending wrong signals/false flagging

Does Ley remind anyone else of those troll dolls except without messy hair?

When will he rise?

S O O N
O
O
N

I think the term your looking for is "fall", and probably when the soul merging, which Sirius mentioned, and Sin corruption starts setting in. He's got an above average resistance to Witch madness, but he's not immune and he's already collected more Sins than most. We'll know something is up if he ever starts chewing on his fingernails a little too much.

Are you trying to say that WN readers prefers Emilia or what?

Remember, that is only am assumption, and Sirius is just as insane as any other Bishop.

She could be totally wrong.

Reminder that Elf pussy is superior to Demon pussy

No he's saying there were some pretentious people saying that everyone would start preferring Emilia after checking out future arcs, which is not true at all.

I can't wait.

Oh my bad, but we already knew that is not true, since we saw nip charts.

"the wn reader that prefer emillia"
cmon user

anyway, just finished reading 5.5 of interlude 3
why is subaru so goddamn angry at puck though ? is it because this cat knows about witch cult but decide not to do anything and ended up with rem getting fucked over?

Satisfy your partner is more important than yourself.

>She could be totally wrong.
What would the point be of her being totally wrong? It's more fun if she's at least partially right, because it adds a source of tension stronger than what Subaru's deaths would otherwise provide. I guess I'll just have to see if Subaru's Bishop "hallucinations" in his post-death Dreamworld ever get stronger.

>youtube.com/watch?v=2KYYVrBX4v0

Literally Re:Zero.

>is it because this cat knows about witch cult but decide not to do anything and ended up with rem getting fucked over?
Puck almost got everyone fucked over. He's a piece of shit.

puck, a grey cat, literally the author avatar (grey cat san) is a piece of shit

heh

How far does that PDF go?

In terms of chapters translated.

>and for some reason the wn reader that prefer emillia think its rocket science or its dumb as fuck to prefer rem over emillia if you are anime only viewer. Thats just how it is unfortunately.

Funny thing is, even after many arcs. Polls before hand still show the same result.

20 chapters in, which is pretty fucking far. The only problem is that it visibly gets lazy in a few places.
>Subaru's pretty confident in the good or rather bad efficacy of his mouth, but he has some unease at the prospect of physically fighting Otto. Since he knows that even though Otto looks kinda delicate, he's actually pretty fit. Since Otto's punched him before during a loop in arc 3. Subaru'd more than likely lose in a straight fight.
Still, we can rest easy knowing that Otto could probably kick Subaru's ass.

>why is subaru so goddamn angry at puck though ? is it because this cat knows about witch cult but decide not to do anything and ended up with rem getting fucked over?

He let things happen. It killed many people, not to mention endangered Emilia as well. Rem's case was over the line.

He knows about the cult, he didn't know they were attacking.

Everyone knew about how they reacted to Half-Elves, yet he never took proper countermeasures or warned Emilia.

I would say he took some precautions. What countermeasures would be necessary? Up until that point everything was fine.

Remfags bein sickly obsessive, delusional and the biggest part of this fandom justify the polls results.

What's your point Cred Forumsermin fella?

Tappei likes silver haired elf pussy

people irl likes blue demon pussy.

Yet he writes it in a way that people would like that blue demon pussy.

But only Tappei's vote counts. And he voted elf.

here goes the boogey man remfags destroying polls theory.

whats your point emillia fag?

funny you guys can always fall back to the "tappei picked emillia so everyone is else is wrong" card.

I'd take everything Tappei says with a grain of salt to be honest. He is either a massive troll or baiting us with a red herring through hell and back. The fact that he pushes Emilia so hard but doesn't completely reflect it in his writing and Q&As make you consider what that man is really thinking.

>funny you guys can always fall back to the "tappei picked emillia so everyone is else is wrong" card.
Or maybe I mean everyone is right and Tappei is wrong. But it doesn't matter either way, does it?

>Otto: “I would mean people are terrified of what the Witch Cult might do if they hear the name of a witch that isn't the one they worship. Are you aware of the incident in the Empire of Volakia in the south where a city was annihilated?”
>Subaru does remember hearing about this (from Wilhelm while looting Betelgeuse's body which got cut in the anime). If he remembers correctly,
>Subaru: “The Archbishop of GREED destroyed an entire city in the Empire of Somethingorother all by himself. There was a hero but even he couldn't stop him.”
>Otto: “What you just said is far too artless and gives a terribly thin impression of it but, the reason the Witch Cult did such a thing was terrifying. It was the single most flourishing city of business in the insular Volakia, but... it appears some rumours came about that witch-related items were appearing on the market.”6
>Subaru: “Witch-related.”
>Otto: “Even now it's unclear what it was. But, there are more than a few dilettantes out there who desire such items. If it had just been something related to the Witch of Envy, it could've been settled there as simply being bad taste, but... as a result, a whole city was destroyed.”
So, the Witch Cult apparently destroys anything it finds related to any Witch besides Envy and will kill anyone who brings up any of the others.

He came up with the story as "NEET who saves Silver haired Heroine"

Not "NEET who saves Blue Haired Oni"

>"NEET who saves Blue Haired Oni
And yet all the following arcs involve Subaru trying to find the cure to Gluttony, even in Emilia's arcs.

drop it user, you wont win against emillia fags being backed up by the author own words

That sort of feels like they want to collect those items for themselves, not really destroy then. But they do seem jumpy about people talking about any other witch apparently.

It's just their forced narrative. It's actually quite contrary to what's actually happening in the story.

>And yet all the following arcs involve Subaru trying to find the cure to Gluttony
That's probably exaggerating. He's aware that he needs to do so, but it's not the main focus until Arc 6.

When does the full IF novel come out anyways?

I heard it's 300 pages so there's at least 200 more that we haven't seen yet.

>Ever since they exchanged this promise, Subaru had decided once in for all that: in this world, in this universe, the only person Natsuki Subaru could hope to show his weak side to was Rem, and only in front of Rem.

>Even if she knew about Subaru’s weakness, if he could just combine it with Rem’s faith that she would give in response to his efforts to be strong in front of her, Subaru could live on without hiding the truth that he was weak. He could not show it in front of Emilia; he could not show it in front of Beatrice; he could not show it in front of anyone else. Subaru could only show this weak side of him-the side of him that believed he had to be strong no matter what-to Rem and only Rem.

>[Subaru: Thus, my weaknesses belong to Rem. She would thoroughly cover up my weaknesses, and because of that I will cling on to her, but nothing beyond that, because giving up is the sole thing I cannot do.]

>He owned this determined expression, indicating he was ready to throw something away, that he would only show to Emilia. He owned this faithful expression, that made it seem as if he would be able to entrust his life, that he would only show to Beatrice. And then he owned this expression that exposed his weaknesses which he so often tried to conceal, the expression that he would only show to Rem.

How ironic

It's kinda funny how much stock Remfags here put into those old poll results as if you under the impression there waifu war in Re;Zero base in Japan. Even through Rem is the more popular character many of her fans where actually celebrating Subaru and Emilia reconciliation and confession in ep 25, both at the pre-screening event and twitter. They also celebrating Emilia's birthday and normally draw art of each others favorites characters. I don't think even care who Subaru ends up with because their just fans of series in general and both characters developed their relationship Subaru a lot by the time of Arc 6 unlike peeps who have only read second hand translations and use the text to start fights.

These kind of things that old shallow poll data wouldn't tell you. Because of that Re;Zero's rise will just fine and stick around long.

>japan
They have shit taste though

I don't hate emilia, but Rem is a much more viable character to me.
She literally died to save him a few times.

You know.

>I don't think even care who Subaru ends up with

Oh trust me. They care. Just to to a degree where people would fling shit over each other like we do here. But I dare you to go on Narou and insult Rem.

syosetu.com/

I'm waiting for their reactions.

So why Subaru fucking around Sanctuary with Emilia then and later incident in Watergate City and not just straight for the tower? If he cares about Rem that much more over than even Emilia? Why does he talk to people like Otto, Garifel and Frederica instead of screaming and thinking about Rem all the time depressed and the like? None of these things are related to saving nor does he get any clue about saving Rem from incident unless it's in a bad end like Echidna AU.

Face it, Subaru cares about Rem, but enough to just drop everything and sole focus on her. He cares about Emilia as much as he does by his own admission yet your still sprouting delusion crap like this.

>and not just straight for the tower?

Because at the end of arc 5 is when collar-dona gave him evidence to go to the tower.

Arc 4 was him going full PTSD as well as the fact that Gaaf held Rem hostage so Subaru would pull Emilia out of the trials or as a failsafe. Not to mention Subaru also has to prevent Elsa from killing Rem.

Watergate city is where ALL sin archbishops appeared. Including gluttony, but what prevented him from meeting Ley was due to the fact that Emilia has been kidnapped, so Subaru trusted Beatrice and Otto to engage Ley, the ones he trusted most in his party.

Wasn't there supposed to be some announcement/trailer for Re Zero coming out today?

It does seem rather ironic, but that's probably the point. It reinforces that Emilia really doesn't know anything about their relationship. Anyhow, so far I've noticed that the relationship between Subaru and Emilia and Subaru and Rem seem to be very different on a fundamental level. One obvious point is how shameless, perhaps even obnoxious, he is about declaring his feelings for Emilia, acting like an excitable puppy as I've seen people describe it, while he seems a lot more embarrassed to admit his feelings for Rem. I'm not going to make any interpretations about that, but here are some lines from the feigning death scene.
>[Subaru: How can I stay composed in a situation like that! That beloved…! The person I fell…! A girl important to me…! That girl got injured and lost consciousness, it’s a given that I would lose control!]
>[Felis: Not being able to say certain things in situations is one of the pure points of boys isn’t it~]

He'd still drink both of their piss.
>Subaru: “It wasn't good or bad, but what kind of tea was that?”
>Echidna: “It's something produced inside this castle of mine. If forced to say, it's my body fluids.”
>Subaru: “What the hell did you just make me drink!?”
>Subaru kicks down his chair as he stands up and desperately tries to puke up the bodily fluids he just drank. Echidna laughs.
>Echidna: “That does hurt. I didn't think it was so bad, going by how you looked.”
>Subaru: “There's lots of hot girls out there whose bodily fluids I don't have the resolve to drink so no! Or really even if I had the resolve I don't want to drink anything called 'bodily fluids'! My fetishes are vanilla!”
>Subaru is not excited by spit or sweat or whatever excretions. He thinks.
>If they were Emilia or Rem's, he might just think otherwise. His heart quietly hides the thought.

>Why does he talk to people like Otto, Garifel and Frederica instead of screaming and thinking about Rem all the time depressed and the like

Because he isn't a fucking lunatic. But if you were to talk about Rem around him he would get adgitated. Crusch did that, and it pissed him off that she would assume that Rem would be happy that he is by her side.

Not to mention is strianed relations with Ram, where he accepts any insults that come his way, but if it were to target Rem he would react like this.

>Looking at Ram with disdain, Subaru seemed like he was unreasonably about to act like one of the troupe people, but when he remembered the place he was in he let go of his fist.

I've never seem him get so triggered over one person in the series, ever. Hell, he would have started beating Carmilla if he didn't run out of air.

I just want more Priscilla.

>>If they were Emilia or Rem's, he might just think otherwise. His heart quietly hides the thought.

Jesus fucking christ Subaru.

They're so-called shit taste is what fueling this sereis and the only ones that matter while you are gashing your teeth. But I like how Remfags shamelessly and conveniently use they opinions when most can't understand what their saying or care about their reactions on twitter or various pixiv comments.

But continue your useless nitpick and small pitch battles because nobody actually cares in grand scheme because JP Emilia and Remfags like eachother anyway and support the author in whatever he does.

user, you're not gonna get reaction you want if didn't they give it to you in ep 18. Maybe they might cared about a lot more in earlier days, but they're pretty much whatever about the pairings at this point and just talk about the story or draw things they like. It's pretty refreshing.

>user, you're not gonna get reaction you want if didn't they give it to you in ep 18

Do you seriously think that WNreaders would get affected by episode 18?
Everyone has their fair share of the massive shitstorm that was 2013 in Narou user. Plus three years worth of fighting over there makes you simmer down a bit.

>So why Subaru fucking around Sanctuary
Because he's forced to do it.
>and not just straight for the tower?
Because he didn't know how to cure it.

Either Tappei always planned for people to get attached to Rem to make breaking her more dramatic, or there were holes in his planning and Rem ended up being a more significant character than intended. Probably some of both.

But at the end of the day, the planning and direction for the story was always saving the silver-haired girl, not happily-ever-after with the hypersexual blue oni. So even if Rem, or another character, becomes strongly prominent, they're still going to get sync'd up with the intended narrative eventually.

Look at his Twitter, at the timestamps. He's got one thing alone on his mind. twitter.com/nezumiironyanko

>Look at his Twitter, at the timestamps. He's got one thing alone on his mind
Today is Emilia birthday.

He's a weird guy.
>Girl: “Are you a baddie—or not a baddie. Which?”
>Subaru: “Every human is a creature of sin, for which living cannot proceed devoid of victims. Thus, we may have become criminals upon the very instant of our conception in this world. But even so, people live. They are aware that although it produces victims, they cannot acquire things of worth without creating those victims... or such kind of philosophical banter feels pointless with a little girl but, is that what you mean?”

All I see is him celebrating Emilia's birthday which is warranted. Then there is an equal spread of him talking about literally every other character in the series. Before Emilia's birthday.

What are you getting at here?

All that shows that he cares about Rem's safety which is duh. He'd do the same if were in reverse. That's kind of things you expect him to do about people he cares about and entirely normal.

>Because he isn't a fucking lunatic. But if you were to talk about Rem around him he would get adgitated. Crusch did that, and it pissed him off that she would assume that Rem would be happy that he is by her side.

Dude he's only like that at end of Arc 3 and begining of Arc 4 because he hasn't even a chance to settle his feelings. For the majority of Arc 4 he doesn't flip-out about Rem constantly and has focus on others. Even when Echidna talks about Rem he doesn't go all rage about it.

>I've never seem him get so triggered over one person in the series, ever. Hell, he would have started beating Carmilla if he didn't run out of air.

Showing up as disguised Rem to manipulate him as Echidna requested. It's was shitty thing to do and Rem condition and his failure to anticipated what would happened to her is still a sore point. It's not mention to be taken as that all he cares about. Even Clairas on reddit says hes not 90% of the time. All you are going off on is cherry picked scenes.

Again this not me saying he doesn't care about Rem, but he certainly put her in the back of his mind like he does thoughout Arc 4 and 5 and concentrate on other things.

I wonder what kind of books he read other than astronomy back in his childhood, wasn't he a bookworm of some sort?

>Dude he's only like that at end of Arc 3 and begining of Arc 4 because he hasn't even a chance to settle his feelings.

Yes, because him about to throw a suckerpunch at Ram wasn't at arc 6 or anything. This was before the miasma and sage tower mind you.

>on reddit
Retard alert.

Bunch of idiots at the moment. Fucking hell, who spread the TL on fucking Youtube comments? And mitrospeed is explaining what happened. That fuck is a con artist.

Are there anymore interludes like the mayonnaise one?

>For the majority of Arc 4 he doesn't flip-out about Rem constantly and has focus on others.
It's not like that she was pursued by Elsa, died couple of times and was a hostage? I see.

>Showing up as disguised Rem to manipulate him as Echidna requested

I'd link to point out that's wrong, as Carmilla's power doesn't work like that.

>but he certainly put her in the back of his mind like he does thoughout Arc 4 and 5 and concentrate on other things.

That I'll admit is true, but to say its not the main driving force that keeps him going is rather iffy.

I realize today is Emilia's birthday. If you scroll down to the very beginning of his Tweets, I count a total of 3 retweets for Rem artwork that are not product announcements.
>Then there is an equal spread of him talking about literally every other character in the series. Before Emilia's birthday.
Again, using artwork retweets as the metric, there's still a significant difference for Emilia prior to the birthday thing by my count.

Doesn't seem to be a lot of her past what was covered by the anime.

This isn't even a waifuwar where there are compelling reasons to pick any of the girls and they're all roughly equally popular. This is where there's a clear and decisive winner, probably the most clear and decisive winner i've seen in a decade when it comes to this kind of thing, and the author hamfistedly kills it because he had picked the winner from the start instead of letting the writing develop it. I don't think any other writer has so blatantly declared "this girl is going to win no matter how the story develops or how obviously better this other char is and there's nothing you can do about it" but that's what Tappei did.

I'm talking about both anime fans and WN readers. JP fans clearly have different view and sensibilities when comes to series with few acting like little shits. IEspecually the later which has read up to the latest arc and have far more knowledge and information about their events aside form occasional translators that used come here like Spbro, Angelo the Re;Zero wiki admin, Clairas on reddit or translation chicken. Funny none of these guys shit on either Emilia or Rem, most coming from secondaries who using their work as excuses for their waifu wars without much attention payed to over context.

Clairas's translations are solid.

So...who will win the dickbowl?

>If they were Emilia or Rem's, he might just think otherwise. His heart quietly hides the thought.

Alright fuck this.

>clearly have a different view
>re:zero got picked up by the producer because people were shitposting about it

Yeah Japan is civilized.

Care to check 2ch for that matter? You might have missed the Re:zero/Tappei bashing a few days ago.

Rem, because he was going to abandon Emilia and move to another place.

>Because he's forced to do it.
He wasn't forced to do anything. That sounds OOC and certainly not Suabru that Rem likes. The Sanctuary itself only stops half from leaving.

He was clearly there to help Emilia and villagers. Rem was secondary concern he couldn't do anything about and he had other responsibilities. You seem not understand this pre Arc 3 Subaru who only concerned about things in front of him and not around him.

>Because he didn't know how to cure it.

He doesn't know that even in Arc 5. He's going to tower on hearsay. Echidna only told what he want to know in the AU of this arc.

>Spfaggot
>Funny none of these guys shit on either Emilia or Rem
Seriously?

Tappei bashing? I imagine for not going through with the entire arc 3?

Not sure if it's fair to bash him since he probably doesn't hold 100% of the decision making.

There were some threads bashing him of plagiarism. Not to mention shitting about Arc 4 when it's easily one of the best Arcs in the novel as of now.

Where can I find the web novel

>Care to check 2ch for that matter? You might have missed the Re:zero/Tappei bashing a few days ago.

Those selective threads on 2ch were hate threads direct at series itself which is an entire different thing. They don't give a shit the waifus or whatever their more annoyed about this goes against Isekai tropes.

I count more Rem and Beatrice artworks compared to Emilia before episode 25, also before the anime was airing. You can always look at his tweets and replies you know. But overall its an equal spread. So I doubt the author has a one-track mind when it comes to his characters.

Oh so it's "civilized shitposting". Am I right?

Yeah fuck off with your superior nippon goggles.

>Echidna: “Well you killed an adherent of the WITCH OF ENVY, didn't you? When that adherent died, the Witch Factor slipped inside you. ...Though, it seems there's something else inside you as well.”
That something else sounds important.
Translations or the original? Links have been posted around.

Plagiarism of what exactly? I remember Sakamoto 666 dude who made that Isekai shit being accused of it, so much so his WN got taken down or some shit, but nothing on Tappei.

Translations. I just catched up the anime, missed the threads

Isn't that pretty much all the Cred Forums threads that happen in here like "Shows that Cred Forums trick you into watching"
>Insert picture of Show X in here

Of course he doesn't, people just apparently believe that since he likes Emilia he is completely biased about her.

That something else was most likely Beteleguse's consciousness.

>Echidna only told what he want to know in the AU of this arc.

If we are pulling the Echidna AU, you also need to consider SUbaru is not the type of person that would throw people under the bus. Not to mention after "saving Emilia" in the AU he becomes an empty shell of a person.

Guys? Emilia's really is his favorite character. He's had the avatar since the first LN came out In the Afterword states that entire concept of this was basically Subaru and Emilia's journey and waxes about how silver heronies are awesome. The entirely of this story has always been Subaru and Emilia's relationship in both it's ups and downs. Every thing else in the narrative feeds into that one way or another.

It's seems like most JP fans have realized that which why their chill and just stick t their favorite characters rather than forcing interpretations for their ships favor.

Some of people need to follow that example and chill already.

Holy shit Emilia

If I remember correctly, there was a post back then about Tappei apologizing about alleged plagiarism.

From there on they nittpicked and came to a similar web novel with elements like A knight protecting an Elf with political power struggles involved.

Hell they even nitpicked this saying this is where Ram and Rem came from.

Regulus is whitehaired Pariston, Ley is disgusting

I've never read a WN and I don't intent to start.

>Q: Please teach me about your fascination with silver haired heroines

>A: It’s because silver haired heroines are the number one cutest attributes in this world, it’s already sufficient with just that much

>Q: Depressing developments, contents on death, heated battles, because I really love all these things I will be rooting for you from now on! Of course also for the cute Emilia!

>A: Thank you very much! It will be piling up even more from now on, all of it! Do not leave! If you were to abandon me then I wonder what’ll happen, be careful on the night when the moon doesn’t appear……!!

>Q: You seem to enjoy silver-haired heroines, what is your state of mind when writing Emilia's death scene.

>A: I enjoy it.

ask.fm/nezumiironyanko

Yeah, I don't trust him

>Ley is disgusting

Well obviously

Good, don't unless you want to enter a shitflinging contest.

So this other novel about a knight protecting an elf had these two blue and red maids that also happened to be onis? Or is that fanart of Rem and Ram.

Plagarism =/= inspiration.
No type of story could be produced if we considered everything to be plagiarised.

I'm ok with him saying Emilia is his favorite, as long as he treated her character that lines up to his words. Not to mention unnecessarily throwing Rem under the bus just as bad as he throws Subaru. I don't buy it for one second he doesn't have any gimmicks behind such writing.

No they dug up some other shit saying that is where Ram and Rem came from. It's hilarious.

That came from an eroge if I remember correctly.

Which is why it's hilarious. And people here come to this thread or any other thread saying how "OH HOW MAJESTICALLY CIVILIZED THE NIPPONJIN ARE."

Guess we're going to discount puritans there who burned materials for no reason(Kannagi) or fuck that let's drive someone to a corner because she's allegedly not a virgin(Love Live).

Fucking travesty.

Well i mean it is a tad similar, but i assume the other novel has much more political play, while the whole queen election is being treated as a backstage sort of thing.

See, this what I'm talking about context. He and everything else in Arc 6 was manipulate by the miasma in the tower to act like that. Did know that same scene Patrasche bit Ram's head off, Anastasia stabbed somebody etc? You don't know what is going, but act like you do because you're reading cheery picked translation. If don't believe go to wiki and read the Arc 6 summary fro yourself.

Actually he was being chased by Elsa who was after Betty so as keep her from being killed.

I'm only going off what Echidna at interlude before Carmilia came do to see Subaru.

>That I'll admit is true, but to say its not the main driving force that keeps him going is rather iffy.

I don't think the text ever implied she was his main driving force, just one of them. Like being Emilia's support and wining her love one day as well as Betty's happiness. It's make less sense to think he's all about Rem when he's made similar oaths to Emilia and Betty.

This. I don't know why there are some on Cred Forums that seem to suck nip dick and say how terrible the foreign fandom is.

Protip: We're just more than them but they throw the same quality nonsensical shitpost that we throw.

Fairly sure the miasma was already setting in when that happened dude.

>Some of Cred Forums

Most of Cred Forums says nips have shit taste as far as i'm aware.

Ram is cuter than Rem

>reading Japanese teenage web novels

Main driving force =/= Being all about Rem.

But she is his main driving force, as Subaru is continuing to fight because of her as well as his reason to no give up.

>Subaru already made up his mind to continue his fight, when Rem rejected his offer to run away from everything. To remain as Rem's hero, he cannot run away from anything.

and

>[Subaru: I can show you my weak side. I can also show you fragile side. I can show you the side of me that is a helpless, little rascal too. ——But, one side that I can never show is a side of me that gives up.]

>Rem had said once before, that Subaru is a hero. Natsuki Subaru had decided once before, that he would be Rem’s hero.

>watching Japanese teenage animation
It's the same shit why are you here

They were in the mansion during this.

lemonwater123.wordpress.com/2016/09/20/rezero-web-novel-arc-6-subaru-visits-rem-and-makes-an-oathtranslated/

Feel free to CTRL+F

They were not in the sage tower. During the sage tower he went full choke-a-bitch on Ram that one as influenced by miasma, but not this scene.

There's no implication that he was going to punch Ram there dude, he only got angered at her, but he was nowhere near wanting to punch her.

>Looking at Ram with disdain, Subaru seemed like he was unreasonably about to act like one of the troupe people, but when he remembered the place he was in he let go of his fist.

Sure buddy.

If that where case Rem

-would have been here from the start.
-not have killed and tortured him.
-Suabru wouldn't have helped Emilia.
-Suabru would chosen to stay as a Butler and just left.
-Never developed feelings for which keep the above two points from every happening.
-have would significant portion of the narrative revolving around her.
-Arc 3 wouldn't even happened and Subaru gone after instead.

Sorry the narrative wasn't going to drop all that to go with you biased fantasy.

Oh, yeah i missed out on that one.

Why the fuck is Subaru so goddamn jumpy? I mean shit i like Rem too, but it's her freaking sister right there.

Unless you point to a post hes called her shit instead of petty crap you're buttblasted about for not being a Remdrone then no he hasn't.

Well its probably because of this.

>[Ram: Was your determination really that pure? Carefully reflect on yourself a bit more and make your speech again. …..If you unleash your sexual desires towards me, who looks extremely similar to Rem, Ram will also get the shivers up her back and run away.]

and escalates from there.

Why do some Arc 6 fanarts show that Subaru keeps his tracksuit and just has a DLC cape?

I fucking wish he'd get into the fantasy setting now and wear something that matches. Or at least get his god damn sweater off.

last special

youtube.com/watch?v=6wriKBIuZag

Satella buying the bd 1 of Re:Zero...

Are you saying that Emilia is going to win because she was there at the start of the series? Seriously?

If we are going by that logic then (pardon me for using an outside source) people like Risa would've won the dickbowl in DN Angel.

Because his knight uniform got fucked in arc 5 and Subaru is no longer a butler in the mansion.

We're not not sure i guess. People just like to make fanart of him wearing something slightly different i guess. If he does wear something else later down the line we don't know.

Pretty sure he wears some sort of robe when walking through the desert and in the tower in arc 6.

Emilia goes crazy for Subaru dick

Mate, he was going to kill her when they was on the way to the tower. Right before he was beheaded by Patrasche.

The sore thing about the whole Rem thing is how ridiculous Toyota love for Emilia is. i seriously don't get why he's so obsessed after her. I mean, she's a cute and a nice girl but they didn't interact that much

literally most people will fall in love with a girl after a confession and a speech like Rem gave.

I was specifically talking about waifushiposting among the fanbase itself, not the hate threads from people who aren't even fans.

It's more complicated than that. The AU proved he would have disregarded living up to Rem's ideal of himself normally as that was what supposed to happen according to Roswaal's gospel. Why that didn't was because Satella and the the Witches helped him by showing what he 2nd trial actually meant to teach him. Suabru then remember everyone who care about him and who would have hated to see him sacrifice himself (his mother, his friends, Rem and lastly Emilia) that si what eventually lend him to turn down Echidna's contract.

Like I said context is important.

I already explained the Carmilia scene. She went there as Rem just Echidna instructed and Suabru assumed she playing with his feelings. That is why he was mad and it totally justified. Echidna later apologized for it and staed she meant no harm

That was the witch miasma making everyone violent, he was also going to choke Anastasia for no reason.

So the anime covered Arcs 1-3 right?

Has the user said anything about the rest of the arcs being translated?

Dude, Tappei had this story planned out long before Rem became popular. She was going to lose something when she fought something beyond her power. She's isn't the only victim of him among the cats, Crusch and Julius shared a similar fate. Even if she hadn't been attacked by Gluttony she just been sidelined like the other characters until it was time for her to show up again since Arc 4 and 5 have nothing to do with her.

Just because she is your favorite character does not grant favor over everyone else. Felt, Reinhard, Crusch, Felix and Wilhelm fans had to deal characters being absent for parts of the story and they were fine. You're just whining here.

It ended a bit before the end of arc 3 actually.

Well Ram is one of the main people that criticized Subaru's indecisiveness to choose a woman as well as questioning his faith towards Rem. She undertone doesn't like Rem liking Subaru for some reason.

>“With no background, he was already suspicious. But to use illegal narcotics, Ram misjudged you, Barusu. Rem, move aside, your sister can’t kill him.”
>“So you’re immediately doubting me, huh. Then again, I guess that’s the Ram-like thing to do here.”

and

>“ Look closely, Rem. In the end, this is all Barusu amounts to. A fickle, intolerant man who can’t grant Rem even a single wish…. This king selection game has made that painfully clear. ”

>I already explained the Carmilia scene

What are you going on about? This is not the Camilla scene? You need to take the time to read user.

Just stop dude.

user, are you alright? You seem to be having a stroke. You're responding to the wrong people with the wrong statements.

That tells me nothing, other than joke around from time to time.

He's already stated Emilia is his favorite in an interview, in his concepts for the story and how she character he takes the most care to write. There no think he's not seriously other than some vain hopes that he will suddenly write an Rem ending when he has already done so in AU.

It's pretty obvious that this story is gonna either end in an Emilia end, polygamy or no pairings. The first few arcs have been that up by testing Subaru's feelings for her, but after Arc 4 it becomes pretty apparent that where it is going. Rem's condition awake or not isn't going to change that.

Or Chihiro

>no pairings

Now this is something I wanna discuss about. Because this seems to be the most likely scenario.

Think about it, this entire series is all one big tragedy and all relationships and anything to do with love ends tragically. Its a common theme.

Or it can just end with Subaru suddenly returning to Earth and everything he's done has been in vain

and he kills himself one last time

No I'm saying that he fell for her first and the series has been built on slowly developing their relationship through all their trials, tribulations and conflicts in every arc. Both with eachother and other through others.

>Just because she is your favorite character does not grant favor over everyone else.

Do you even think she's written in such a way that she's not bait for drawing out emotions? With how long she's been gone and how often we are reminded about her, it just comes off cheap now.

Aside from Wilhelm, most of them aren't on the same level as Emilia and Rem when it comes to having an emotional impact to Subaru and the readers.

Tappei is planning something gimmicky and the sooner you realize it the better. Stop following spfag's selective vision.

>Rem ending when he has already done so in AU.
He already done it with Emilia in Echidna SS. And this stories is kinda similar since both girls trying assimilate to each other. So, no Emilia End?
He will end up with both of them or alone. And I don't even know what are you talking about.

Hinted all the way back at arc 2. Nice.

>The forest opens up, and now they can finally see their destination.
>Garfiel: “Most gracious welcome, dear companions of Emilia-sama.”

>His tone is far more scornful than respectful. He spreads his arms open wide as Emilia and Subaru
stare at him.

>Garfiel: “To the place Roswaal so fancifully calls a fucking SANCTUARY—the decrepit ruins of a
deadlocked test site, where a gathering of idiots live out their days.”
>Subaru: “Test site?”
>Emilia: “Idiots—”

>Garfiel puts his hand to his mouth, and smiles as if to obfuscate his hideously complex feelings.

>Garfiel: “Us residents call it the WITCH OF GREED'S CEMETERY, though. Ain't nothin' to laugh 'bout,
ehh, oi.”
>He laughs as if mocking himself. Quiet, low, like a curse, like a blessing, his laugh echoes through
the carriage.

Man, this part was hype as fuck

Nice meme, but their were plenty interactions between Suabru and Emilia in Arc s 1-2 and about 1/3rds of Arc 3. It's more ridiculous fro him to fall for someone who unbashed murdered and tortured personally.

>literally most people will fall in love with a girl after a confession and a speech like Rem gave.

Not people who already like someone else. People feelings aren't so easily manipulated.

How has it been slowly developing? Emilia and Subaru's relationship and development remains stagnant or a by-product of arc 4. Arc 5 and 6 focuses on entirely different set of characters. Wilhelm, Reinhardt, Felix and Crusch just to name a few.

Arc 5 was focusing on his relationships with the other king candidates and their servants.

Arc 6 on the other hand focuses on Ram, Beatrice, ans Anastasia as of late.

Proceed to get his face punched in by INVISIBRU PROVIDENSU

Except all the people who have done so at least once have been the closest to Subaru.

Otto, Beatrice, Julius just to list.

>Ram: “If you're going to wet your throat, water, tea, and leaf soup would all be the same, yes?
>You've tasted some, so do drink the rest. I'll twist it off if you leave any.”
>Says Ram as she glares at Garfiel's crotch. This is enough to make Subaru unconsciously cross his legs.

Top bantz

So like how Shield Hero should have ended?

So if this ever gets a second season, how would they start it? Subaru all happy then suddenly meeting vegetable Rem? Anime only fags would be on suicide watch?

Every single one of those characters drew out emotional from the fans, Rem isn't special there. Wilhelm for example had more detailed and bigger backstory than Rem did and gained massive increase screentime. It made him will liked and he still get put on back-burner from time to time so he is entirely comparable.

The only reason you're salty about that is because Rem's your favorite character and you thought that just because she had the hots for Subaru she needed to be prominent in every single arc. That is not how it works because Rem's feelings are irrelevant to the story at large and emotional support is all her role really offers at this point. She isn't gonna show up just because she is your favorite character.

You can try to make as many excuses for it to make yourself feel better but that is reality.

If they were to start the first minutes it would most likely have Subaru making a blitz towards the capital while recalling the dragon carriage ride.

Fate is also a common theme in this series as well, and characters like Subaru defying it.

>Rem isn't special there.
>Aside from Wilhelm, most of them aren't on the same level as Emilia and Rem when it comes to having an emotional impact to Subaru and the readers.

Whatever. I'm not about to argue with you when you can't even fucking read.

I want to be Capella.

Stop what? We weren't even talking about the same thing. I don't why he/she brought up random haters disliking this series my point was entirely about JP Emilia and Remfags not being hostile to eachother.

So what are YOU going on about?

If that's what your main goal is then why the hell are you going across all tangents?

>What are you going on about? This is not the Camilla scene? You need to take the time

Whoops you're right, I misread. But that hardly proves that.

But will it happen though? Does the author have the balls to pull it off?

Goddammit can you faggots stop with the whole Rem is relevant or not banter? All the characters are important, every single thread you faggots keep repeating yourselfs.

Love is the main motif for most of the characters in the series. I imagine it's going to look like it's going to be a dead end for Subaru, but love will prevail in the end or some shit like that.

>But that hardly proves that.

But it does...?

>random haters
>burning merch
>personal attacks on VAs

Sure whatever floats your boat and paints your beautiful eutopia.

You want to be a whorish turbocunt?

But wasn't and Emilia end, that AU was about Echidna and Subaru testing RbD. Everything else was secondary and simply there to explain what happened to everyone. An Emilia end would have her front and center like with the Rem AU.

So that is not the case at all.

He does, and when he executes it I have many a Dark Lord Subaru and dark lord edits to post

Did I misunderstand? I thought she was talking about her and her sister.

Well, the author said the he likes platonic relationships, in response to the people asking for Emilia/Rem sex scenes..

What hell are talking about? None of them have come close to killing him. They only hit him when he did something stupid. Getting phsyical with someone and being murder aren't anywhere on the same scale. One of these things has some lose their life and cannot taken back or apologized for.

She talking about the onis in the story he had just talked about. Ram just implied that his intention of befriending both, is an act of someone who's prone to infidelity.

She's a huge bully. Other anons are taking it as foreshadowing since Subaru wants both Emilia and Rem as his lovers.

And I said he still get sidelined so why should Rem get special treatment?

>They only hit him when he did something stupid
>Otto kicking him off the carriage leaving him to die
>Beatrice fucking him up with his mana flow when he tried to bantz with her
>Julius beating him up for his own reasons and accord, even admitting to it.

Not to the same degree but you get what I mean.

I know i fell in love for her.
I want a cute blue haired oni as wife.

It was clearly implied that the characters represented Rem and Ram, that's why they were blue and red, and why she mentioned infidelity. It was foreshadowing, but I thought it implied Ram was into him as well.

I never went off tangents. You or that other guy brought up 2ch, I explained that had nothing to do with fanbase or what i was talking about which was specifically about Emilia and Rem fans in the fanbase. Nothing that was said there even addressed my point.

Wait a moment, based on how Ram describes the two ogres.

Would it not make more sense for Emilia to be the red ogre?

I didn't deny it was referencing Rem and Ram, i'm just saying that Ram was implying he was prone to infidelity by choosing to befriend both.

Well i mean, Ram is a lazy shit too, but she does try to do things, the description does fit Emilia more.

WHOA

HOLD. THE. FUCKING. PHONE.

IT ACTUALLY DOES.

IS THIS ACTUAL FORESHADOWING?

You're an idiot for not getting his point and you actually pointed out what he was saying.

Rem IS being given a special treatment for a supposedly SIDE CHARACTER.

>Rem sacrificed herself and got into coma
>Ram doesn't remember anything and spends her time lusting for the clown's D

Wait a fucking moment

>Red ogre wanted to make friends with humans
>Ram never wanted that
>Emilia did

How the fuck did we miss this?

Thank you for this post.

>Goddammit can you faggots stop with the whole Rem is relevant or not banter? All the characters are important, every single thread you faggots keep repeating yourselfs.

This is true, but tell that Remfags who specifically go around cherrypicking Rem moments even though anyone with brain knows it's pointless. Tappei isn't going to give them what they want.

If they want nothing but Rem just read the AU that is why its' there. Otherwise they need accept that Subaru isn't only thinking about her.

That would also make sense when Puck considered Rem as a sacrifice and due to her sacrifice and the blue ogre "going away" it causes the red ogre to be accepted by the humans. Red ogre which is Emilia,

DEEPEST LORE

>Left behind a letter
>The blank letter Rem wrote

I know this is an old folk tale in Japan, but it feels like Tappei did this intentionally.

Again

Main force that drives Subaru =/= Only thinks about Rem/Revolves around Rem

Jesus christ dude.

user, please stop, you're just trying to make things worse by talking about it yet again.

How the hell did we miss that?
It makes so much sense.

The one crying isn't the red ogre though. Since the "Red ogre" in this case forgot who the blue ogre was.

>Blue ogre decides to lend a hand in making the Red Ogre look better and rampages
>Red ogre punishes him
>Red ogre punishes him and gains the trust of others

So Emilia's visions of "Impending Disaster" would be...

Maybe the story of the ogres aren't completed yet user. That blank letter might come back with words on it for Emilia to read.

Oh dear lord

ZETSUBOU TO THE MAX

Oh fuck

None of those came close to murdering him aside from maybe Otto. That would be indirectly and was partly Subaru fault for that since he was literally fighting hi over the driver's seat.

Betty only drain enough to knock him out and Julius beat him up enough to do the same.

It's nothing compared to Rem willfully ripping his body in half and smashing his head in and later in another loop cutting off his leg after intending to smash him into a wall with the same morningstar. Of course there is the fun part about her healing Subaru up then beating him over again just so he wouldn't die too quickly.

That would make so much sense considering Emilia's visions of impending disaster are

>A girl she has never seen awake waking up
>Subaru screaming at her that he hates her
>Subaru defending a girl she has never met from Reinhardt

HOLY SHIT

Are we going to get Emilia accepted by the people but in sacrifice of Subaru and Rem?

Julius saved his life.

While the anime didn't show it, what subaru did was a huge insult to the knights and it was likely he was going to find himself dead in a ditch for it

What Julius did was give the knights "justice" without them killing subaru

That would also go with Taippei's answer when he said that Emilia is going to be the heroines for only six more arcs during arc 4 and him telling us there would be 11 arcs.

DESPAIR ENDING! ITS A FUCKING DESPAIR ENDING!

>Subaru will say he will defend her even he becomes the enemy of the world

Dark Lord ending confirmed

Dark Lord ending might actually be happening. Jesus Christ my hands are trembling with excitement.

>Emilia is going to be stripped of her heroine status in arc 10
>Tappei plans 11 arcs

He might be going for an actual tragedy here. I'm baffled but not surprised.

So what does this all mean

Were the visions THAT specific? Cause i kinda doubt it. I'll wait for proper translations of the segment.

But anyways if that's true it means:

>Rem waking up
>Subaru had screamed at Satella possessing Emilia's body in one loop, so maybe that one technically happened already
>Last one is probably Satella?

That's what I imagined, it would perfectly explain what the soviet jew said about Julius' actions.

Really user? Can't you put two in two together?

Basically despair ending.

Either way it's gonna end with Subaru becoming the Dark Lord

Also how would Emilia see herself being possessed

Dark Lord Subaru is back.

>Subaru had screamed at Satella possessing Emilia's body in one loop, so maybe that one technically happened already

Except the trial for "impending disaster" was not when it happened.

She went Witch of Envy around trial 1 I'm pretty sure.

Didn't Subaru scream at Satella during trials 1-2? Since Trial 3 which was her visions. So going by that time-line him yelling at her would be the past, technically.

M-MASAKA

Yeah but Subaru never said he hated Satella when she possessed Emilia at that point

Sorry can you rephrase that? I don't follow.

Here we go boys its a no heroine ending

>Q: If you were in charge of the final performance in the project King of Wrath (it’s a web novel), what kind of final conclusion would you have made it or would you not want to?
>A: Without a doubt, the remaining heroine(s) would not survive.

The real Tappeibutcher

He is deliberate and consistent. Like a true sadist would be.

Subaru never said he hated Satella when she possessed Emilia in arc 4 so, Emilia's vision couldn't be the past

I swear to my left nutsack that Tappei planned this from the very beginning.

A cruel ending indeed.

Rem is Satella theory comes true, Emilia defeats Satella.

I need to re-read everything, WN, LN and Manga

It as this might be what alot of the story is based on.

So what does Subaru do after Emilia kills Rem? Go nuclear?

DEEPEST LORE

>He's a weird guy.

No he's just obsessed with Christianity apparently. That's the concept of Original Sin.

WE MUST GO DEEPER

I wonder what that letter would say, considering it was addressed to Emilia directly.

So ignoring Emilia and Rem, which witch is best girl, Satella, Envy or Echidna?

Minerva and it's not close

Envy of course

OOOHHHH SHHHIIIIITTTT
when rem wakes up the two of them would certainly feel a powerful jealously of each other, rem with how subaru and emilia took their relationship with one another while emilia would feel jealous of the the deep deep bond rem and subaru share without understanding why

why are these two so damn smug?

That would also make sense considering that Emilia hates the girl ever since they first "met"

Did you guys seriously not know this was foreshadowing? The series is filled with it.

Yeah but we didn't expect that it would be Emilia and Rem. Everyone though it was Ram and Rem.

THIS TRAIN HAS NO BRAKES, AND WE'RE FUCKED ANYWAYS.

regulus suit should be black also because they can do whatever they want

One's just had a good meal. The other's Regulus.

How does Pandora play into all of this

Can someone please change Regulus' suit to black?

Being bishops helps a lot.

We don't know, same thing for Al.

I figure the tower in arc 6 is going to make sense out of some of it.

>Blue ogre (Rem) bore all of the losses alone
>A cruel ending
>Red ogre (Emilia) loses nothing
>Getting the blue ogre (Rem) involved with Red ogre's (Emilia) desires
>I Love/Hate the ending = Subaru's bittersweet ending

What does it mean?

If the author ever decides to update again, that is.
It's been forever. I can only vaguely remember what they were even doing in puzzle tower at this point.

It was looking through books of dead people for...something, right?

It means there that Tappei is going to increase the suffering on Rem's side while giving Emilia the longest stick possible.

Can't that blue haired oni get some form of happiness for once?

Pleiades Tower?
More like Infodump Tower
Can't wait for Subaru to read Emilia's book.

Tappei waifu'd Emilia harder than Subaru so he will never make her suffer like the other characters

They had just finished checking the library and moving on to another floor i believe.

Also he may update soon. He was on pause while working for the anime.

She's an associate of the Witch Cult and may have been involved in some great catastrophes throughout the years, but that's about all that is known of her role in the plot.

I love you faggots for having good discussions even after the anime ends
Anyway, can anyone help me with this line right here:
>「インチキってきょうび聞かねぇな……」
Original source:
>ncode.syosetu.com/n2267be/162/

Okay real talk, what are the odds that Satella = time-traveling Emilia from the future after she finds out everything? An Emilia that 'has' to become Satella in order to prevent paradox or whatever?

Would it explain Satella's obsession with Subaru? Would it explain why Emilia is not actually in the focus for the first three arcs? If Emilia is Satella, then in a manner of speaking it means that she's always been alongside Subaru, watching him, hoping he'll come back to her or whatever.

It'd be a crazy time loop, and it'd require for future Emilia to willingly become the object of the whole world's hatred, but if there's anything anime has taught me, it's that love transcends space-time.

Basically Rem going to be thrown under the bus like he does with Subaru and Emilia is going to get things practically handed to her.

BRAVO TAPPEI! BRAVO!

I've been on a trip, was there anything of value in the episode 25 preview?

>Bogus isn't something you hear nowadays...
It's just Subaru making fun of Emilia for using granny words since she's actually over 100 years old.
Not that I can think of a granny word for bogus/cheater/swindler off the top of my head.

It's like if people used "gay" in the happy sense. No one does it anymore.

>Subaru: “Pinky promise if I lie swallow a thousand needles.”

>Flugel teached Shaula the atack Hell's Snipe where she is able to connect her needles and her target together with mana and release it as if it's gravitating toward them. It is fast, powerful, and is able to be fired rapidly.
DEEPEST

>While the villagers who were decieved had no idea what was going on

How does this play into all this

Dunno yet, but it would make sense to have villagers be the king selection.

When will Greycat resume the WN?

Don't know. But expect it to be soon. Or until he starts chopping meat again.

It was nothing.

Emilia won't be the heroine in arc 11 because Subaru will use gluttonys power to remove her existence

Wasn't his promise something about staying by someone's side or something?

Thought it was making Rem trust him

No, that isn't possible because this was with Beako or Emilia, I don't know which though.

How many completed arcs exist currently? I know the anime adapted the first three, how many more are novel exclusive?

youtube.com/watch?v=-0pyKU7QCq8

There are a number of them, I'm currently reading this one. It's a rough translation, but it's not too bad. It's also the one that the furthest ahead.

There's also a few epilogue chapters for Arc 3 here: translationchicken.com/

However, I'd start with these two scenes the anime skipped, as they're important to setting the tone of the epilogue.
lemonwater123.wordpress.com/2016/09/20/rezero-web-novel-translation-of-rems-proposalconversation-with-subaru-under-the-flugel-tree/
lemonwater123.wordpress.com/2016/09/20/rezero-web-novel-translated-scene-of-rem-feigning-her-death/

Then I'd move onto the first epilogue chapter and Natsuki Rem, as that's how the LN and WN arranges the chapters.
drive.google.com/file/d/0B_oxWJ1yWNv4S2ZDOWs2NHo1bUE/edit

Then start with the Chicken link's first post and continue on through it.

the 6th Arc hasn't been updated since April-May because the author has been working with Whitefox.

You were saying?

For the WN readers, there are unnecessary loops/scenes in arc4? because if his duration in the WN is almost the same length that the first 3 arcs they need a least 9 vol to cover it, and i don't think that they do more that 4-6 for that arc in the LN

I think the Red Ogre and Blue Ogre parable is more of talking to someone who has ambitions and who is willing to help them.

I mean one of the earliest conversations Rem and Subaru had, was Rem pointing out that Subaru has no ambition at all. Which wasn't actually the case since Subaru does want to prove himself to Emilia and overall winning everyone's approval. It's happening now. Arc 5 is where he is a credible person recognized by everyone.

However when you think about it. The story of the Blue and Red Ogre involves one's self sacrifice. Would the Red Ogre now bask in the glory of everyone accepting him and wither his heart out from the thought of losing the only person who accepted everything of him from his best side to his flaws.

I think that's theme for Subaru. Will he cast aside everything end when the time comes?

I have a theory about Satella. Why she took the witch's genes which fucked up her up big time. It's most likely the same with feeling accepted. To earn that acceptance she became the witch and her envious side brought the witch of Envy to life.

No, no there was a promise someone made before Subaru went to the tower. It was around arc 5-6, I'm pretty sure it was with Emilia or Beako. It wasn't arc 2 pinky promise since Shaula was there in arc 6.

Can you also help me with this line:
>「子どもが相手だからって、そんなインチキみたいなことできないわよ」
The translator TLed it as this:
>[There’s no way I could cheat like that just because they are a child]
but while checking the original source I realized he missed a few lines and I want it to be as accurate as possible

So Subaru is the blue orge and Emilia is the red one. Makes sense since he sacrifices everything for her while she does nothing and the villagers are ignorant of it all

>To earn that acceptance she became the witch and her envious side brought the witch of Envy to life.

This is probably the case. However the worst thing I can think of is that she was forced by someone so it would justify being accepted.

I can't think of any reason why someone who was already implied to be close with the witches, would need to be one.

Nah, that wouldn't make sense. As Rem is also perfectly described ad the blue ogre.

Rem ogre has to be Emilia considering it parallels with her wanting to be friends with the humans.

FUCK OFF REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That's more or less right. I don't know the exact context, but it'd be something like
>You (or I; context yadayda) can't do such a swindler-like thing just because she's/he's/they're a child.

*as the

*Red ogre has

Subaru is mutually the red and blue ogre.

Since he sacrifices things for Emilia.

The sad part is, no one sacrifices anything for Rem as she is at the bottom of the barrel.

Does anyone have a excerpt of the promise Subaru made about swallowing needles?

Its bothering me.

Tappei is truly a master writer. So many possibilities that are 2deep4me

>Rem ogre has to be Emilia considering it parallels with her wanting to be friends with the humans.

Subaru also wants to be accepted as he was a delinquent back then. He lost all his peers and him building his reputation that he lost in his world makes him a Red ogre as well.

I'm actually looking for it right now.

It should be around where Subaru was slapping Beako's ass while talking to Anastasia about the tower or something.

MAN I WOULD SO SHIT MY PANTS IF SHAULA IS CONNECTED TO SPICA.

She also has a black hair. And guess who's parent has black hair.

Maybe the orge story is referring to Flugel and Satella

The said line comes before the one you translated earlier, it just didn't feel right for the line not to have the word 'bogus' in it while the next one says that she used the word
Thanks for the help

>MAN I WOULD SO SHIT MY PANTS IF SHAULA IS CONNECTED TO SPICA.
>Spica is a binary star
>Signifies two personalities
>Shaula knows about stuff from the other world

PRESS THE PANIC BUTTON.

I FOUND IT

「俺とベア子が戯れてるのが珍しい?」

「ううん。ここ一年で、全然それは珍しくないんだけど……今のスバルは、ここ一年で珍しいぐらい迷った顔してると思って」

「――。そう? 万事OKとまでは言えないまでも、問題の大部分が解決して、今の俺は結構、表情筋が弛んでるつもりがあるんだけど」

「スバルがそう言うなら、私もそれを信じるけど……」

ぐにぐにと頬を動かしてみせるスバルに、エミリアは睫毛の長い目を伏せる。それからゆっくりと、区切った言葉の先を言い含めるように。

「何をするのか決めたら、絶対に教えてね。それで、どうしてもって答えが出なかったら、ちゃんと相談してね。それだけ、約束してくれたらいいから」

「約束か」

「そ、スバルが守るのが苦手な約束。するのは得意でしょう?」

「わお、エミリアたんにしては珍しい毒だ」

これまでの約束に対する実績から、エミリアに辛い評価を貰ってしまう。
 スバルは薄く微笑むエミリアが小指を差し出すのを見て、ベアトリスを一気に肩に担ぎ直すと、「何するかしら!」と騒ぐ幼女を抱えたまま、その小指に小指を絡めた。

「指切りげんまん、嘘ついたら針千本のーますっ」

「指、切った」

指が離れる。
 エミリアは切った指を立てたまま、スバルに笑いかけ、

「スバル、これで通算針何本?」

It actually was a pinky promise to Emilia.

ncode.syosetu.com/n2267be/401/

Also source

I feel so stupid to just now realize that this is what will trigger the envy in Emilia and the whole story

Emilia just wants to remain unlikable

Possibly. However, I don't think the Flugel and Satella are married.

It's possible that it's a mirror to Subaru, Rem, and Emilia's case. Where Flugel is who Rem is now. The one who sacrifices everything for Satella to be acknowledged. While Satella is Subaru right now. Gunning for acceptance and proving her worth.

Reading the translations makes me feel very weird about Subaru's character and his relationships with Rem and Emilia. He constantly repeats that he loves them equally, and there even seems to be a point where he has to reassure Emilia that he doesn't love Rem more than her. It's further stated that his love for one doesn't change his love for the other, and that not loving one wouldn't increase his love for the other.

When I read it, that's also how it seems to be on some level. While he's got obvious romantic interest in both of them, he doesn't love Rem the way he loves Emilia and he doesn't love Emilia the way he loves Rem. It almost feels like he's a completely different person depending on which one he's thinking about at the moment.

I'm actually wondering if that might be a side effect of having the memories of his other love, Satella, sealed away. The version of him that loves Satella and his love for her also seems to be quite different.
So, you're saying he's obsessed with Christian concepts of Sin and stars? Coma theory confirmed!

>Subaru holds out his little finger as he speaks, his tone somewhat joking, and is surprised at how she
bites at his proposal more than he expected. She holds her pinky out too and tilts her head slightly.
>Emilia: “Um, what do we do with the fingers?”
>Subaru: “Er? Ohh, we link our fingers together like this... uuhwuah, Emilia-tan your fingers're so
dainty and white and cute and...”
>The look in Emilia's eyes urges him to continue. Subaru clears his throat.
>Subaru: “Pinky promise if I lie swallow a thousand neeedles.”
>Emilia: “Pinky promised!”
>They release the pinkies. THE PROMISE IS MADE. This time with the understanding of how
serious promises are for Emilia, so no way he's going to treat this one lightly.

>Subaru: “And then I went and sincerely accepted that, pressed girls all over the place for pinky
promises, and now the whole region's got a ban on pinky promises. Because there were too many
cases of scary-faced little kids going to force little girls to swallow needles!”

Thank you based anons. You made my day and then some.

Here you go, I knew it was with Emilia or Beako.

If Subaru didn't also love Emilia, he'd probably have punched her in the face right then and there.

>It's possible that it's a mirror to Subaru, Rem, and Emilia's case. Where Flugel is who Rem is now. The one who sacrifices everything for Satella to be acknowledged. While Satella is Subaru right now. Gunning for acceptance and proving her worth.

Well that lines up with how everything is made to line up with Satella.

Now, now. Don't get too hopped up. We haven't seen much of Shaula yet, but Rigel being an answer to one of the towers puzzles does indicate something.

We need to see if Shaula somehow reflect Spics in some way shape or form to even consider that a theory rather than something a crackpot would cook up.

Didn't tappei forshadow an incoming eclipse? Does it relate to Emilia's vision

No, Eclipse was Louis's and Ley's shtick. It just might correlate with Emilia's vision though.

Something about this pic doesn't sit right with me, am I alone?

There's an implications about his sealed memories. It was apparent in his first death post whale. He loves Satella back. But when in Arc 4, he meets him in person, he despises her.

>>Subaru screaming at her that he hates her
I heard that's actually Emilia telling someone else she hates them, but I can't read the originals. I've seen people put it different ways, but hearsay isn't the same as a more direct translation.
I think there was something he said in a Q&A about that.
>Q: Depressing developments, contents on death, heated battles, because I really love all these things I will be rooting for you from now on! Of course also for the cute Emilia!
>A: Thank you very much! It will be piling up even more from now on, all of it! Do not leave! If you were to abandon me then I wonder what’ll happen, be careful on the night when the moon doesn’t appear……!!
I'm not sure if that foreshadows anything.

Why does Emilia say "sooo" everytime in the summary?
TLanon being TLanon or is it a verbal tick from her?

It's the perspective. It makes it look as if Emilia and Subaru are floating in the air above Rem's unconscious body.

Why does Emilia want to destroy their happiness? Is she really that envious?

The coloring makes it as if the scene plays during night, that scene happens in the afternoon.

Not him but she quite literally says "sooo". There was also a time she called a kiss "going "mwah!" makes babies!" as well.

I see, it makes her sound like she's speaking ironically.

This series just keeps fucking me in the ass doesn't it?

Too much Emilia when the page would be more touching with a larger focus on Rem's body?

>"going "mwah!" makes babies!"

In the WN or LN?

WN, since the LN isn't in arc 4 or 5 yet.

WN, after Subaru kisses her.

I'm trying to compile the last few chapters of the epilogue after the anime ended
This is the cover, any ways to make it better?

This is the ToC

Well for one, it should have focused on Subaru holding Rem in his arms, or holding her hand. But its still a damn good illustration.

Look pretty good to me to be honest. Thanks for compiling by the way.

Emilia hasn't destroyed anything user, she hasn't done any bad, there is no need for such cruelty. Yet.

Looks good enough.

I'm trying to make the format of the chapters inside to look like the WN as close as possible, this is gonna take a while especially for the ones already compiled in pdf's but i'll try to get it out as soon as I can

More despair and suffering is awaiting Rem most likely.

Take your time user.
You doing this for us is rewarding enough.
But not that rewarding so please don't take too long.

I hear he actually finds it impossible to tell Satella he hates her at one point, and he thinks his emotions are being manipulated. However, I think that's probably just some kind of subconscious reaction.

Honestly, if there's one character who worries me the most, it's whoever is locked away in those sealed memories. That version of Subaru would probably be the one behind everything if his intention was to save Satella, and could even be the true leader of the Witch Cult by having predicted the future and making his own edited Gospels which would give out the right instructions at the right time.

Of course, I've got no clue where Al fits into this. Maybe bits of a soul can be split off into multiple bodies, because Al also seems to have some connection to Satella and even seems to share a similar love for her to Subaru. That's probably what makes Al so interesting. When you think you've got everything figured out, you remember that Al exists and that nothing is even remotely clear.

Using basic leveling to remove the giant random grey blotches would be a start.
There's also a clear difference in text quality. Like the "3" after Arc looks awful, and the author's name is the same.

So many open ends to speculate about. So little time. It also doesn't help that this series is only about 45% done either.

toshite, Cred Forums?

I would expect Subaru to be a empty husk of a person if he loses Rem again. I mean, losing her once was bad enough. But twice?

what a bitch, she turned Ferris straight

I was starting to miss this series, but thanks for making this thread to calm down my urges of catching up you compulsive shipfags.

A little late to the party but-

Will we see it? Will it all come tumbling down in the end?

You make a good point, maybe Subaru is the mediator between the two?

Or Subaru and Rem two sides of the same coin?

It's a verbal tic. In the original it's すごーく. You can hear it in the anime if you're listening for it.

Holy shit this thread was a wild ride. So is Rem confirmed endgame yet?

At this point we have no way of know, but if it's anything like most anons are freaking out about, it's more like Rem is fated to suffer even more.

I mean if Subaru loses Rem twice at least him and Wilhelm have something in common.

If Emilia ever killed Rem, he'd probably have a complete mental breakdown.

Anyhow, forgetting Rem seems like it really fucked up Ram and broke her.
>Ram: “Forgiving or not forgiving doesn't come into it. Ram permits every one of Roswaal-sama's actions. How he chooses to treat me, and how he chooses to throw me away, are the same thing.”
>Subaru: “You—!!”
>Faced with Ram's incomprehensible loyalty, a surge of extreme emotion clogs Subaru's throat. That Subaru doesn't immediately turn to violence is either because Subaru's rationality manages to make the judgement that he couldn't be a match for either of these two, or—
>Subaru: “...You've fallen victim to this unintelligible crap because, Rem.”
>Ram: “—? I don't know who you're talking about, but I have no connection to this stranger's name. Roswaal-sama is everything to me, all except him is trifling."
>While Subaru knows that Ram's loyalty for Roswaal's always been abnormal, it's now turned into something different and borderline-insane. And a big cause for that was Ram's forgetting of Rem's existence. Subaru don't know the details of Ram and Rem's past together, by going by the scraps and pieces he got from Rem, the two had a codependant relationship. Subaru knows about Rem's guilt and inferiority complex, and how dependant she was. And though it's not so obvious in Ram, sometimes fragments of it peek through in her interactions with Rem.
>Just like how the majority of Rem's world was comprised of Ram, Ram's world was comprised of Rem and Roswaal. Subaru's interference began welcoming new factors into Rem's constrained world for the first time, and she started to change. But Ram's world is still one of dependence, and still constrained. Now that Ram's forgotten the existence of half of what filled her, Ram's world is now entirely comprised of Roswaal. And that's the root cause of her extreme, overly-loyal behaviour toward Roswaal.

W-What is Roswaal gonna do to that Ram..?

>A girl she has never seen awake waking up
But she's seen Rem's unconscious body though.

Something Subaru should have killed him for long ago to prevent.

user, you might want to re-read.

Quick question, does the anime actually match well with the WN? I saw it started from vol 3, but i'd be worried that going straight to the source would leave me missing a ton of unadapted plot threads.

Jesus, we just keep going down further the rabbit hole aren't we?

Possibly. What intrigues me is that Subaru has a lot of pride.

The thing is, what if the Red Ogre wanted both.

To be accepted by the villagers and still have the Blue Oni beside him.

I ponder the thought that what if the Red Oni forces the Blue Oni to do something just so he can as well be accepted by the vilagers.

I can see him one day, at a crossroad where he cannot be with the other. His greed makes him want both with both Emilia or Rem. Then when the time comes, he forces someone who has yielded because by nature he was being greedy.

Rem cannot wake up soon enough

It skips a lot of scenes of varying importance, including all of the ones that clearly show Subaru falling in love with Rem and deciding he loves her just as much as Emilia. It also skips a lot of the Al scenes which build up a huge mystery around his character, a mystery which is deeply intertwined with the main plot of the story as a whole even if his role has yet to be explored.

You've probably already heard about the epilogue not being included. In general, I think the anime simplifies the story a bit too much.

It matches it well enough, if there are holes missing anons will let you know.

That also correlated with the entire wanting to take both thing he has going.

Though I honestly see him left with nothing once this series ends. That or completely torn apart due to indecisiveness.

Seems like I'm going to have to rewatch the series once the BDs get completed.

That fits well with what Subaru and Ram says actually.

Well, I guess it illustrates some of Rem's importance.
If anyone can save her from being totally obsessed with clown cock, it's Rem.
>That or completely torn apart due to indecisiveness.
Let's make that literal and split Subaru into more than one person, maybe by divorcing the part of him that's Satella's lover from the part of him that's just an ordinary Japanese boy.

>Let's make that literal and split Subaru into more than one person

So a Fugel & Satella vs Subaru and Rem kind of scenario? I wonder how would that work out.

Pour that Regulus all over me.

Why is Regulus dressed in black?

Based user
He looks like a fuccboy

His clothes are black in the wn. The LN looks to have changed it.

>Though I honestly see him left with nothing once this series ends. That or completely torn apart due to indecisiveness.

Exactly.

That is what I think will happen. He has to make a choice in the end. To throw his shallow ambitions or desires away and follow his heart or continue being oblivious to the things that really matter.

That is why I think by the nature the whole thing is written, there will be no happy ending for everyone. It just doesn't permit it.

Though maybe the factor of fighting fate may enable things to an extent, it makes you question how much can one man's greed overturn things that weren't meant to be.

Damn, he still looks punchable

Regulus looks like a final boss here.

Wilhelm/Theresia and Subaru/Rem are very obviously set up as parallels. So... given how things ended for Theresia, it doesn't really bode well for poor Rem.

>I'm not sure if that foreshadows anything.

Authority of Gluttony has two types of eclipses, solar and lunar. That sounds like Tappei is foreshadowing something bad happening to Rem when the lunar subtype is used. Presumably by Ley, as the Wiki mentions only Ley has been known to use the lunar subtype. But on the wiki it just sounds like lunar eclipse is a haste buff or something.

AFAIK, only Pandora was needed to create zombie Theresia, so I don't know how what appears to be a haste buff would be connected to making zombie Rem.

Or maybe it's a Berserk reference and Subaru will sacrifice Rem to save Emilia. That would be some fucking next-level trolling by Tappei.

Seems like the 7 sins thing is getting popular in Japan

>yfw he's not even a mid-game boss.
>Betelgeuse was the tutorial boss.

It's always been a popular motif for some reason.

>Subaru will sacrifice Rem to save Emilia

Many a rope would be prepared if that day happens. That or people cheering for a despair end like no tomorrow.

He reminds me of this faggot.

>Subaru will sacrifice Rem to save Emilia. That would be some fucking next-level trolling by Tappei.

You know what I think? Rem is probably the one who will offer herself up for sacrifice, considering that is part of her character. While Subaru on the other hand tries to go through hell and back to prevent that from happening but is powerless to stop it. In the end unable to save Rem.

I've got a few more.
I'm not sure if you're imply a battle between the two couples with your "vs", but that would probably be the most challenging battle imaginable. Would Subaru even have RbD in that situation, or any of his Authorities? That would be a seemingly unbeatable last boss, unless there was a trick to it all.

Actually, this discussion just reminded me of what Sirius supposedly said about souls merging. Let's say Aldebaran also has a piece of Satella's lover merged with his soul. What would happen if Subaru slew him and absorbed his soul and Authority, and gained another piece of the guy everyone assumes is Flugel? That kind of sounds to me like it could be the trigger for something bad.

I re-read it
MFW

and FMA was 15 years ago

>it makes you question how much can one man's greed overturn things that weren't meant to be.

With how many times he can redo things, it might be possible.

>it makes you question how much can one man's greed overturn things that weren't meant to be.

Man what is this Butterfly effect vibe I keep getting.

He's actually the first guy I thought of when I heard him described as plain-looking and ordinary.

With all this talk about Rem being a sacrifice and Subaru possibly going full Dark Lord because of it.

It makes you wonder if there is a chance that it might be going the way of the gospel.

BUT WHAT GOSPEL?
PRIDE'S GOSPEL?

WE MUST GO DEEPER

Regulus has a badass name, a badass power, a badass look...yet he has a really shitty personality. It's not everyday people rant just because they were interrupted

Dunno about you guys but both Subaru and Rem have another thing in common, they seem to be two characters who are constantly trying to defy fate.

>At the Spirit in front of his eyes, without a trace of hesitation, he swung with all his might. The Spirit, easily avoiding his strike, washed its face with astonishment.

>[Puck: What are you doing, all of a sudden?]

>[Subaru: Don’t you dare touch Rem. Not with your hands, or your words…]

There was a time when these guys were best buddies and snuggling each other.

I haven't checked the long summary for arc 4, was it detailed there how Subaru lost his peers in the real world?

The way his acting, I can see him trying to please everyone but in the end fails miserably.

I like this image so I decided to translate and typeset it.
It's a shame the original image was compressed so badly though. Didn't try too hard to fix it.

Subaru changed his opinion on Puck after getting frozen to death by him.

With how Regulus and Betelgeuse appear on occasion in Subaru's mind. It very well might be.

But for I'm thinking more of a tug-o-war between the two parts of Subaru, if he really is Fugel.

Though considering if Al is a piece of Fugel, would it not also be possible to seperate Subaru from Fugel? Creating two different beings?

>You will live long enough to see Subaru become the Dark Lord
>You will not live long enough to see Miura finish Berserk

Should I be happy?

Thank god you asked, I've been waiting to reveal this.

>Immediately, he heard a phrase telling him to face his past, and ended up in his room in Japan. After interacting with his parents for a while, he decided to go to school for the first time in a while, where he encountered Echidna wearing his school's female uniform. Subaru went over the details with her, thanking her for letting him tell his parents what he wanted to say, even if they were fake, before leaving the trial. Once he left, Echidna turned her attention to the teacher's stand, where Satella was standing. Satella was annoyed that Echidna had toyed with his feelings, which she claimed were only hers, causing her to try and absorb her, nonetheless Echidna calmly dealt with her by summoning Sekhmet to push her back into the darkness.
>They were respected members of their community especially his dad. Subaru did not meet with the same expectations as his dad plus his personality as you can still see was pretty bad and didn't have many friends. It got worse to where Subaru lied to say he was ok and started to shut himself out further. And you know what really hurt his heart? He wanted to be punished by his parents when he was shutting himself. They didn't notice. It hurt his pride and as you saw, episode 1.

Pre-depression SUbaru acted alot like how he acts around Emilia btw.

>Subaru: “Every human is a creature of sin, for which living cannot proceed devoid of victims. Thus, we may have become criminals upon the very instant of our conception in this world. But even so, people live. They are aware that although it produces victims, they cannot acquire things of worth without creating those victims... or such kind of philosophical banter feels pointless with a little girl but, is that what you mean?”

The fuck is Subaru saying? In fact, why and how does he even say this?

Is Regulus literally the best character in this entire story?

Don't worry user, I'm sure Muira will stop going on hiatus.

You know all this talk about Emilia's visions and the red and blue oni story made me think.
Rem has already sacrificed herself, but Subaru? Subaru will face off against Satella, and beat her. He'll kill the witch of envy persona, gain the authority of envy and free Satella from her seal. Satella is normal again, but Emilia is absolutely hellbent on killing her (she is the one who caused the discrimination against elves). She becomes king, and directs all efforts to annihilate Satella. This is when Subaru will say he hates her, as she wishes to kill an innocent girl. It will be everyone (even Emilia) against Subaru (he would have 7 authorities at this point, so he would be more then capable of fighting against any foe the kingdom sends). Flash-forward Reinhard is going to try and kill Satella as well, and Subaru will try to convince him otherwise. Either Reinhard will back down, or it will become a darklord vs hero showdown.

>Echidna wearing his school's female uniform
>We will never see this animated
Please kill me

Regulus is the closest thing you will get to an user in an anime.

This is amazing writing.

You have the power user. Kill im@s. Destroy BAMCO.

He murdered his entire family, then acquaintances, then the entire city he lived in simply because he thought they looked down on him.

So, that's Regulus's perspective on love? He just decides he loves whoever he thinks is cute, before kidnapping and marrying them?
Fuck if I know. I was mostly just speculating that if he absorbed Al, and Al also had a part of "Flugel" in him, that would increase the "Flugel" proportion of Subaru. Actually, if he merged souls with all of the Bishops, how much of Subaru would still be Subaru by the end?

Still, I heard there were failed attempts to plant Echidna into various vessels, but they weren't able to hold her full essence. Separating a portion of someone from the rest sounds like it might be possible.

Subaru always goes off into philosophical tangents user. His wandering and/or self-deprecating thoughts are almost commonplace, though he doesn't show much or any of it around Emilia.

Whoa, I didn't figure he would be that edgy.

He's pretty damn edgy. Something about violating his rights.

>So, that's Regulus's perspective on love? He just decides he loves whoever he thinks is cute, before kidnapping and marrying them?
Yes. He believes love is nothing more than physical appearance, anyone who isn't a virgin is a slut who deserves death, and once they get too old and lose their beauty they deserve to die.

Emilia makes him change his mind to anyone who knows the word virgin is a slut, and anyone who doesn't know the word is a pure angel.

>Something about violating his rights.

There's nothing edgy about that though.

The original sin, the apple, Adam and the snake.
He got his shit together after Arc 3 but he still doesn't really want to show his true thoughts, specially in front of Emilia

His ability lets him become literally the edgiest thing in the world.

She is too pure for this world.

Funny despite all the stupid shit he does to create a big image for himself, he can be a decent thinker if he gave some time and humility within himself.

I honestly wonder if this is a reference to something.

What was he trying to emulate from his father. His charisma?

He is also the type that won't shut the fuck up.

Well he did read alot of books when he was a kid. Though most of them are about stars, literally everything about to know about stars.

He wanted to be just like his father, but buckled down when he was unable to.

>defying your own fate
>follower of love

It just spells disaster.

That's what it seems at first glance, but Ram doesn't fit the description of the Red Oni. she's not even technically Red. From a meta standpoint the Red Oni who can only accomplish anything by having others sacrifice themselves for her and who lacks the courage to rip off her own horns and head down to befriend the villagers herself is certainly Emilia.

The way I see it, Sins manifest according to their host. In this case, Regulus probably never wanted to change, and saw any effort to help him better himself as an insult. Which is why his power manifests as "stillness of an objects time". His Authority is literally to never be changed, which makes him invulnerable.
>Emilia makes him change his mind to anyone who knows the word virgin is a slut, and anyone who doesn't know the word is a pure angel.
She really sets the purity standards that high?

You know what I think it spells?

A tragedy

That would also correlate with his concept of purity, where as to remain "pure" is to be unchanging.

Man I really wanna say it but I'm afraid I might start another waifu war.

I enjoy the quality of this thread and the discussions so I'm not going to say it, but to any of the anons out there. I hope you know what I'm implying or was about to say.

So Rem was a Slut before but now Ley has made her into Perfection?

Don't worry everyone, in the end Subaru will have Emilia's love and Emilia will have someone else that loves her, just like they've wanted since the very start.

Oh yeah. That aspect of it slipped my mind. Of course, this does raise a few questions.

If Authorities manifest differently according to the individual nature of their hosts, how will Subaru's version of Greed be modified? The part where it's probably going to develop inside of him in Arc 6 gives me a vague feeling that his feelings for Rem will have some impact on it. Also, the fact that Rem is the one he entrusts with his weakness makes me think she'd probably be the one he'd entrust with the literal weakness of the power, and be the one he places his heart within.

Fuck all these translations in different pages.

Anyone else remember something from Roswaal?

I remember him saying something to Subaru about being faithful to one woman like he does. I can't seem to find it some of those pastebins.

What is Puck and Emilia's relationship? How did their contract come to be, and why does Puck call her his daughter and try to end the world when she dies? This scene was chilling as fuck

Most of that is unanswered, but she's his daughter because he more or less raised her, especially after the whole repressed memories thing.

Found it.

It's just a summary though. I wonder what the dialogue for this part is.

>Roswaal starts burning the rabbits that start appearing in the sanctuary for a while, until he just gives up on his life and lets himself get eaten by the rabbits before telling Subaru that he should live for a single person and forget about everything else, and that if he does that he'd become like him.

I have a feeling he has an idea about Subaru's feelings. I mean that would explain why he has an idea about Subaru and Rem's bond when he tells it to Emilia in Arc 6. Could it be he has read that far off?

>Emilia knows that she has the potential for being body snatched by the witch
>makes a pact with a powerful spirit to end the world if she ever dies or becomes possessed to stop the witch from being released

We all know she is going to win, but nobody is going to like it in the end. She is the Red Ogre afterall.

Well that's gotten me curious, has the WN explored how Subaru's Authority of Sloth manifested itself?

>Satella aint actually an elf
>was just jealous of Emilia and adopted her look

ラ さ
ム ん

>Well that's gotten me curious, has the WN explored how Subaru's Authority of Sloth manifested itself?
It took awhile for him to figure it out, but he calls it Invisible Providence now. It's basically similar to Betelgeuse's Unseen Hand, but I heard the author said they were different somehow. Still, Betelgeuse and Subaru's original motives for using such a power would have been quite similar. Betelgeuse just wanted to be able to do more to help and protect the people he loved.

>this is the ending that will never happen

>Says Subaru's half-naked middled aged dad—Natsuki Kenichi—as he takes a pose, laughing heartily, blessing his son with wakefulness.
>The 'Ken' in Kenichi's name is the same 'Ken' in the word 賢人 'Wise Person' translated here as 'Sage.'
That's an interesting choice in spelling.

When Subaru uses the hand as Sloth did, it's hilariously pathetic in comparison.

However, he's also able to use it to reach inside of Emilia and crush Regulus' illusionary heart without harming Emilia, which is presumably something Sloth didn't do because we never saw him crushing peoples brains inside their heads and stuff.

Regardless it's still mostly useless so far.

Wow, this just keeps going deeper and deeper into the despair route.

Jesus so Subaru's dad might be Fugel now?

Will we ever get to see when Juice when he was only doing what he thought was best for everyone?

The idea here is not to set his love for only one person, the idea here is that Subaru should act like him and throw everyone and everything under the bus if it means helping the people you love.

I imagine the difference is the fact that it can go through people to crush shit inside of then, instead of crashing into everything.

>The idea here is not to set his love for only one person,

Huh?

>before telling Subaru that he should live for a single person and forget about everything else, and that if he does that he'd become like him.

I read that as him being a condescending asshole saying he should follow his ways and devote everything to a single person. Throwing away everything even it's not his.

Right, but that's referencing him doing it all for Echidna, because he has no one else in his heart that's greater than her.

He's basically telling Subaru to be like him and just manipulate and use everyone for that or those people that are important to him.

So basically history repeating itself.

Man, there is nothing good that comes from those two star-crossed lovers.

If that's true, Rosewall's warnings about Rem and Subaru's bond is to get Emilia to live for Subaru, aka jealously.

Everything is Fucked; All Your Friends Die the story.

Make you wonder who are the followers of fate.

I know for sure Reinhardt and Puck kinda are.

What a sexy asshole.

I don't know how to describe Roswaal. He certainly wreaks of greed but Subaru's is on another tier.

As far as gospel is concerned, I wonder if he actually saw what was far ahead. Considering his thirst for his personal goal, he would definitely read it all to secure his desired future.

If I remember correctly, someone said that after they burned the gospel, Roswaal wanted to restore it. Don't know if this is true. Someone please confirm this.

I'm already reading overlord and konosuba and i don't know if i can bring myself to read another isekai at the same time as two others, especially considering how disordered and chaotic the tl scene for Re:Zero is.

It's a shame though I really enjoyed the anime and I'd like to follow Subaru further.

This better?
Sorry it took a while, had to go out for a while

That looks good.

Isn't Emilia also a person that follows fate?

Can someone get an except or source for that?

Well there is Rosewaal, hundred percent. Reinhardt spout about it all of the time. Puck lowkey endorses it. Priscillia basically brags about it. Emilia also possibly does as well.

I know what you're talking about . It was conversation he had with Emilia when she told him he was good protecting people but bad at keeping his promise. Subaru states something swallows 100 needles or something for every promise he breaks. It's an old passage so i don't remember all the details. It think happen somewhere around Arc 4.

Wait for a bit for everyone to get organized. Within a month or so we got the TL chapters coming around smoothly and not chaotic as it is right now. Hopefully.

The gospel itself is testament that the whole thing is being plotted.

Seeing as Subaru has the power to defy them, it makes you think if his defiance actually means something. One thing is for certain, hope will be a big factor in the end and we have a pretty good candidate for that.

That would have been translated as curse.

Why would that make her unlikeable? Even Suabru thinks he's curse Rem in someway into liking as much as he has. Even he if wasn't love her he never attack over a comment like that. He's not a lunartuc.

>He believes love is nothing more than physical appearance, anyone who isn't a virgin is a slut who deserves death, and once they get too old and lose their beauty they deserve to die.
So he is basically a more extreme version of Cred Forums?

>Reading the translations makes me feel very weird about Subaru's character and his relationships with Rem and Emilia. He constantly repeats that he loves them equally, and there even seems to be a point where he has to reassure Emilia that he doesn't love Rem more than her. It's further stated that his love for one doesn't change his love for the other, and that not loving one wouldn't increase his love for the other.

He does that once. You need stop expatiating from fragmented translations. Honestly he and Emilia don't even talk about Rem much.

Yes, it looks great.

>Hope

And we all know who "hope" stands for in this series is, as it is central to her character.

Other than that I just hope that Subaru's defiance actually trumps fate and doesn't crumble halfway through, with his efforts nowhere to go.

I think it's not about Emilia and Subaru talking about Rem. It's more of Subaru being in constant denial in seeing his true feelings. If he's not in denial he is definitely torn.

I mean whenever the narrative touches on it, it doesn't hold back.

Dunno why you're freaking ou. Roswaal doesn't care much about Ram to do anything to her. He's all for Echidna and nobody else.

It took me awhile but I got it, you cheeky little asshole

It better stay that way, that body snatcher needs to keep his grubby little hands off Ram.

「レムさんがスバルのこと、すごーく好きになる理由。きっと間近で、スバルのいいところばっかり見せられちゃったのね。スバルって、時々すごーくかっこいいことする病気みたいだから」

「病気て。反論は……まぁ、できねぇけど」

I just state what I see user.

Fair enough

Why can't Yen Press release faster? Readers will lose interest at this rate.

There are translations everywhere user.

"translations"

Are you assuming everything here are fake spoilers or some shit?

People said EP25 will end with who's rem and I ain't seeing any

He's outright admitted several times to others such as Betty and Echidna without hesitation that he loves both so I don't think he's torn at all.

Because they cut it before they were able to put it. Every chapter afterwards is the "Who's Rem?" before that were Emilia's confession.

Why would they ever do that? That's dumb, you're dumb.

>People said EP25 will end with who's rem and I ain't seeing any

To be honest people were pretty dissappointed about that as well. Because that's how arc 3 should have ended.

>in arc4 there is a scene where Emilia gets future vision at the end she saw the girl that she never seen awake spoke, she said "---I think praying for a wish is an act of pride, praying should be for when receiving atonement.."

I find it funny that Rem's song title is "Wishing". It implies that there was no action taken to achieve it. When there are plans and actions taken, that's when you can start hoping.

I wonder if this has something to do with reconciliation. Seeing as atonement was brought up.

that's because they weren't cleared for a season 2(yet)

New thread

You can always read it you know

translationchicken.com/2016/09/12/rezero-arc-3-interlude-ii-lets-eat-12/

translationchicken.com/2016/09/17/rezero-arc-3-interlude-iii-to-each-their-oaths16/

God damn she's going to throw herself under the bus again once she revives won't she?

Not if Subaru can help it.

All the betas can fuck off, we all know who's the true alpha in this series.