Time Travel Shoujo

Last episode today. Waka is still baka. Although it had a small following I still liked it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8JzXG-G3Asg
mega.nz/#F!gQ0CUbhQ!cC07rAYttrYT-0nLRXcPSQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Waka is a baka.

I need to catch up with the series. Behind on it.

> [BudLightSubs] Time Travel Shoujo - 12 [720p].mkv
softsubs

Ha.

Kek.

WHAT THE FUCK!

I am going to miss the shit out of this. It was a little unfair that they didn't even let us see the secretary taking over the company with a sad look or anything else. I imagine she would actually even fund Mari with the hope of getting Mikage back.

Aww, that's sweet.

Shun better be that girl's grandfather.

Getting stuck in the past would be fucking terrifying.

Does that guy still want to cum in mari?

What the fuck man.

At least he jewed the hardest he could. I bet he actually Korean.

And now he's pregnant.

She fell in love with futa.

Nice.

>surprise engrish at the end

Well the systems wasn't working any more.

This was a fun show, but it feels like this season flew by really fast. Oh well, just another drop in the bucket.

>Mr. Mikage, why is your English suddenly so bad?
>I was about to ask the same about yours.

Oh shit, nice touch.

Secretary-chan must be killing herself for stealing the puddings.

That was a hype ending. For an educational saturday morning show, this was pretty fun. Also, the science segments at the end of each episodes were a nice addition.

One last webum for this nice watch.

You fucking bet I do.

Fucking dropped

Do you think Waka let Fuuta touch her boobs the next day?

I'll probably go over the series to get some webm and faces later since it had so many good ones. This show was pretty great.

Only mari's little sister.

Looks like some one beat you to it.

Mari is also cute when she sleeps.

She's not sleeping, user...

I felt bad for Secretary-san. She was cute, loyal and really liked cake.

This show was great, and definitely one of my favorites this season. I'll miss my weekly dose of SCIENCE.

Well at least we have lewds now. The ED hasn't been uploaded yet sadly.

Mari mom a scary. Pretty damn good final episode, it was a fun show. Mari being a hag with a cute kid and a cute secretary/assistant was sweet too.

but she looks like she's having a nightmare

She's having one, all right.

A penis, not a nightmare.

So how educational is this?

Enough to show in a classroom?

Each episode is basically "Here's a famous inventor, here's what he made, and here's the original experiment that got him started!"

Maybe? Probably not since the last episodes quick science shows the picture of Team Rockets leader in the photo with Edison, almost implying that the japanese are the reason for Edisons success.
My favorite part about this anime is probably that all the 18/19th century people do not put up with anime girls dressing like whores, and every time it happens I cant help but feel happy.

I don't understand.

>almost implying that the japanese are the reason for Edisons success.
You're reading way too fucking hard into this.

I thought older Mari would be a deus ex machina to bring Mikage back after he reformed since I felt that she respected him to a good degree.
I feel pretty bad for Secretary-chan. She didn't deserve this.

Ofcourse I am, but considering that the 11 others were played completely straight and factual, it was amusing that they would mix in time travel plot in the last one, which muddies the waters.

>Mari made people feel bad about owning slaves

Aside from that, it was alright.

Silly user, don't you know that every piece of fiction ever created has hidden propaganda and subliminal messages to brainwash american kids?

Secretary didn't even really like him. She was a bitch to him all throughout the show. In the end she was suddenly wanting him but was it love or was it the need for a boss in her life? She has to manage the company now but was seen arrested in the police car in the end.

>arrested in the police car
You mean the police that they had been paying right? They clearly had at least some of the cops on their side.

Definitely
youtu.be/8JzXG-G3Asg

Mikage was the one paying them.

This was a fun show. Ending was almost perfect.

Great show, great ending, but why didn't they just get Mikage back after they'd reinvented the TSS? Sure, Secretary would have had to wait, but they could have picked up Mikage before Edison had even made it to the door.

Because you can't change history, only make it. Mikage was always supposed to help Edison. Had Mari read that book before she ever time travelled his picture would have been in there.

He was always meant to stay in the past.

>second season
>Time Travel Shoujo: The War of Currents
>Edison/Mikage vs Tesla/Westinghouse

Take my Money!

I was surprised that she immediately realized the guy who came to pick her up was her father. The poor girl probably doesn't even remember meeting him in person.

We tenchiverse now

What a fun little show. I'll miss it. I just wish the ending wasn't so conclusive, and that there was a season two hook.

Poor secretary-chan, I was expecting Mari to hop back into the past to save the jew with papa's compass but they just got the fuck out of there instead. I didn't know she was so devoted to him.

She didn't do anything, as expected of a kindergartner, but she was still adorable.
doujins when

Mikage did nothing wrong

The spirits of hook-nosed merchants stopped him.

This. WTF was the dad even doing for 3 years? It literally was a science fieldtrip.

He was busy inseminating people all throughout time consequence free.

That was fun ride. AOTS for me

fucking love the art.

why the shit didn't they kill that nigger?

>WTF was the dad even doing for 3 years?
I assume he jumped forward 3 years in this episode when he came back to the present.

>they remembered that without the compass there's no auto-translation
>use it as an opportunity for grorious engrish

I love this show.

>the secretary taking over the company
She's in prison for kidnapping and arson.

It's probably not as scary as being stuck in the future, actually. In the past you at least have a general idea of what things were like and you can use your future knowledge to your advantage. In the future you'd be completely lost.

>Time Travel Shoujo is based on a 1983 book titled Jishaku to Denki no Hatsumei Hakken Monogatari by Japanese educator Kiyonobu Itakura. It is part of the Hatsumei Hakken Monogatari Zenshuu series which describes the story of various scientific discoveries and inventions throughout history. The 1983 book focuses on discoveries related to magnetism and electricity.

So what are the odds of us getting another educational masterpiece?

I kind of expected Papa to sigh and go back to fetch him with Mari's compass, but they didn't even give a fuck about abandoning him in the past. At least the guy gets to work with his childhood idol and get revenge on those damn scientists by stealing all their inventions in the name of businessu.

OST when? Pretty sure a few of those tracks took after some tunes in Doctor Who.

It wasn't that long for him. He probably wanted to come back to the point in time right after he left, but the time machine pulled him 3 years into the future and then it got gestroyed so he had to just stay 3 years in the future.

Mari a cute.

Hopefully soon, this and Qualidea Code had the best soundtracks this season. It still amazes me how this managed to be one of the best shows of the season, everything about it was on point.

>Doctor Who

Why did it have to be a single cour?

the bad guy, in the past, is like a bad fucking idea right? he could fuck history really hard. what the shit?

I think it would have gotten boring over 2 cours

she need more screen time

He's smart enough not to overdo it. Maybe he ended up becoming his own ancestor.

She has no cuffs, she is not arrested.

>no Time Travel Shoujo next week

Feels bad man

So that compas/book set was actually for educational purposes? Must be hard for scientists to concentrate on their work when tons of little girls from future keep visiting them.

Yeah, I kind of expected that someone would save him (time police or something like that), like what the hell, it is a children show. On the other hand being in past helping Edison making tons of money isn't that bad. Also in my head I have a little episode, where miss secretary gets mysterious package from 19th century.

>Edison's inventions were actually future man's ideas
Holy SHIT!

>Doctor Who
There is even Sonic Screwdriver when Shun fixes the compass.

Good show, enjoyed it
oh and at least edison got a good business advisor out of it

Why do Japs like using the word sentimentalism in anime?

It's been a fun ride. Here's to hoping the thread survives the night.

I should edit this.

For a productive guy, Edison sure gets a bad rap on the internet, especially from Teslafags.

That's what you get for claiming ideas of others.

Muh copyrights.

Teslafags have a ridiculous persecution complex.

The thing about the early toaster being angled so the bread would fall off and go back up on its back was pretty brilliant. Science!

>Not putting the text on the front of the book
Why would a book about magnets have a list of reasons to live?
Somebody better fix this.

I pretty much enjoyed the history lessons the most. Wouldn't mind another show or season of time traveling to different eras.

That's pretty stupid, because it takes too long and the other side will cool down. Highly inconvenient when you are in hurry to school. It is better to heat the bread from both sides simultaneously. This can be done by placing the bread between two heat meshes. When it is done, you would rotate the lever so the meshes open like a flower with baked bread inside.

On the other hand, it gave young schoolgirls more excuses to be late and crash into a handsome transfer student on the way to school.

Might as well do it for this one too: mega.nz/#F!gQ0CUbhQ!cC07rAYttrYT-0nLRXcPSQ

This is an archive of most, if not all, Time Travel Shoujo threads. Later in this folder I will upload this thread to, but let's not make it too soon!

>Mikage never noticed his own face among Edison's friends

Papa wouldn't lie!

While flashing their outrageous underwear.

Maybe he looks like how he does because he is mimicking Edison's friend in the photo.

Why is Mikage so moe?

Weird expectations for this series.

Daddy is going around trying to 'set things right', or at least fulfill historical criteria to make sure that inventors of electromagnetic developments, actually carry them out. This sets up a paradox, he fucked something up, now needs to make sure 'his past' happens 'as he remembers' so that he can either return to where he came from or make sure the developments that lead to him being there happen. Evil corp wants the time travel tech because (I'm only 8 episodes in) any number of time related shenanigans.

Wish it was a bit more historically accurate in terms of personalities and how a random 16 year old Asian would have been treated in those periods.

Edison, not Tesla. Even the fucking nips can't get this shit right. Though, I guess it's fitting as to how much of business minded shit stain Edison was.

>waaaah this other guys invention supersedes my own

Meanwhile at Nvidia

The poor secretary.

Not really surprising, Who is basically a tokusatsu to them right?

>This can be done by placing the bread between two heat meshes.
The toaster would be that much more expensive meaning less people would be able to afford it.
Edison was a businessman after all.

This sounds very dangerous.

Did this anime actually end with the evil girl who lost the guy in the past and no one seems to give a shit? like, even ignoring that he was supposed to be evil and you shouldn't let him change the past, he IS changing the past and this is bad.

This anime was kinda weird, I can't understand who is this targeted at. It's like an anime for kids but the villains don't fit the bill.

A true genius.

Makes me proud to be an American.

So, what will happen?

Muh cyberpunk social dystopia?

>evil girl
*evil hag

It airs between 7 and 8 am. It is for children, probably smarter than you. If you haven't realized it yet time travelling in this anime works the most simple way - there was no first time or any changes. What happened happened and has always been the truth. The bad guys weren't really even "evil." Mikage was a businessman and that is what he remained even in the past.

Right, I suppose no one noticed him ever before, or kidnapping and paying the police is not evil, just business.

They were technically trespassing, so no. For Christ sake, you are exaggerating his actions a lot. As I said, he was a bad guy, but he wasn't pure fucking evil. He only wanted what was basically rightfully his.

>he IS changing the past and this is bad.

I think this is a "Fry is his own grandpa" scenario. The flow of time just didn't give a shit about the time paradox.

Look at all the other changes they made to history. The worst that happened was Papa traveling around, punching people.
Time only gave a shit when the two identical compasses met.

For edutainment, this show has no right being as good as it was.
It was fairly well written and quite well paced, with interesting characters and the right amount of flash and action.

I especially liked that, a lot of the time (unfortunately not always), characters would act like real people, not just anime caricatures. Shit like the AED in the first ep, Waka going wild when Mari first vanished, Mari keeping her mouth shut at moments when normal characters would be mouthing off. Stuff like the antagonist being a businessman trying to exploit loopholes to get more than he was due from his investment, and not just some evil bad guy who's bad because he's evil (except for the kidnapping bit which was really just a crutch to get the plot done ASAP).

It all works. And that's it, there was so many chances to fuck it up but it all worked.

AOTS for me. This was a really well-done show, and almost nostalgic in that we have a series that eschews edginess in favor of the simple wonders and joy of exploration. If you just read the script, you might believe this anime is from the mid-late 80s/early 90s (and because it's based on a 1983 book, is probably expected.) It certainly gave me that feeling as I was watching it.

There were a lot of other things that have been already been noted too, like having a proper antagonist rather than an over-the-top villain.

And what a happy, joyous ED. I'm so glad shows like this can still be made.

Ironically best writing this season

By taking a lot at my list it seems to be very much the truth.

Yeah, little kid's show has better writing most of other shows. Is this the future of anime?

I am just glad the show had a proper, complete end. That's such a rare encounter these days, as everything seems like an advertisement for the source material, be it manga, LN, or something else.

The show also was fairly good in virtually every department:
* art is quite decent, Mari is very cute
* animation is not stiff and there are many classic cute/funny reactions
* VA is great, from main characters to support ones
* story is well thought-out and quite educational, especially with the demonstration end sequences (Mari and Waka Corner)

A real hidden gem.

Season 2 when?

I was going to say how the main character is a god damn grandmother now and there is no chance of a new season, but I just realized that Mari and Waka were only the second title of the show with the main one being Time Travel Shoujo. If this becomes and actual franchise I might just cry.

What would the theme be?

isn't this actually based off children books

Sure, but it doesn't mean it can't continue doing other spin-offs. As far as the original is considered this is probably more like a spin-off than an original anyway.

>What would the theme be?
Magical Time Travel Girl Lyrical Mari

What an enjoyable run this has been.

Can't say anything new that others haven't already said, but it was incredibly cute, educational (when it's not being inaccurate), and surprisingly decent story and characters.

All the Mari and Waka faces really made this though.

MARI n WAKA QUICKU SCIENCEU

>If this becomes and actual franchise I might just cry.
My my, let's not go too far ahead. I think that little hope for OVA is enough.

Did you actually learn something? I mean appart from modern era fashion

They actually explained this. He was traveling to the past all the time, and he actually happened to chose the wrong compass, as the one Mari had let her stay more time in the past then time would pass in the future meanwhile her dad's compass did the exact opposite. He stayed sometime in the pass and would only get back much later which explains why he was so absent all his life.

It was composed by the person who made the Code Geass OST so I really am looking forward to it.

Mari will save the day, as always.

Which scientist would you fug?

cute little shadows casted by her tiny boobs.
fucking cute.

Waka

He was actually advocating taking used goods not so much cakes.

Waka is a baka, not a scientist.

WMT.

Best reaction face.

I didn't know that you could make light out of pencils.

Electric pens, Gilbert and Bruno. The BR Emperor as well.
Also picked up a bit of Japanese scientific vocabulary.

Faraday was bad at math.

this thread

Seriously underappreciated. I had it picked as AOTS until the canned drama underwhelmed me. Still seriously underappreciated.

Do we have all the unique chibi?

After this, Appmon.

that benny franklin was funniest scientist

What is better, 2 meals or 3 meals a day?

>The first electric bread toaster was invented by Alan MacMasters in Edinburgh, Scotland in 1893.[4]

kek, Edison

Depends whether you are slave or human.

one meal a day

Why did it end so soon? Shouldn't they have done at least 4 cours with all that government money? Or another season about a different topic?

Don't end ;_;

Secretary-chan cried and begged for Mikage's rescue but the heroes just didn't give a shit. Stone cold. Now that caught me off guard.

wanting to save a criminal, go fuck yourself nigger.

Even then you'd at least want to catch the criminal and not let him run rampant in the late 19th century

One thing. Tell me one illegal thing he did. One. I dare you.

Tying up and threatening defenseless school girls ain't gonna make him look good in court.

They were all trespassing and actively abusing using something that belongs to him. Holding them and telling them to give it back is only to be expected.

I'm sure this would fly in Murrika. But this is Japan, nigger.

You give up all your rights when you enter someone else's property unwelcome and steal from them. He didn't even harm them. If anything they would have been in a lot more trouble after he sends them to the police and starts suing them later.

>You give up all your rights when you enter someone else's property unwelcome
Again, they're not in burgerland

That applies everywhere. In fact he was very Japanese with not beating the shit out of them.

Everywhere in your shitty burgerland. Now fuck up.

Not even a burger. Stop memeing.

it was too late... also it wasn't like he died, he was just in the past.

2 unless you're a fat fuck or looking for natty gains.

watch the anime again, you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

He was certainly in love with him. As far as she is concerned he was dead. And it is not he didn't go into full despair over it.

>miss secretary gets mysterious package from 19th century
I actually was expecting something like this as well. Maybe next season.

So, AOTS?

This show had quite some good ones in general
Now I only need to find the right pretenses to use them outside these threads

Be honest, did it move you like Re:Zero? I didn't think so.

>EDISON APOLOGISTS
FUCKING DROPPED

Re:Zero had an even shittier ending than this.

How can it move me if I didn't even watch it?

Qualidea Code moved me more than Re:Zero.

That's AV, but this is a close second.

Code Geass OST was nice and this one has been good too.

I am sure you will find usage if you go to /sci/.

Best girl

Yes.

So with electromagnetism out what is the next season going to be?

There is no next season

I think the series is a trilogy, I'm not sure if the series name is posted in this thread but you could try search. Could be the concept of time space and such.

to be honest re:zero was shit in comparation

Mari's granddaughter is cute as fuck.

I liked how Gutoku was basically the MC of Saya no Uta.

I get it.

I want to wakawaka Waka's wakas.

>Or another season about a different topic?
I would love something about biology.
I need Darwin-sensei.

I want those two guys who got into huge arguments about the shape of ape brains.

Nakagawa Koutarou, the man responsible for the majority of tracks on Geass' OST, is not doing this.
Don't mislead people.

Last Exile and Shangri-La would be better examples of work that's primarily hers.

Do you think Waka will end up doing AVs?

That would be amazing.

Math with Galois.

No.

>Discover group theory
>Get shot

>lewd

Calm down Pac-Man
I don't really care which topic they choose. All that matters is that the show stays fresh.

What if Waka is in all of them?

Spent the night catching up and finishing it. Didn't expect this anime to be one of my favorites from summer. I'm sad it's over but it wrapped up nicely for me.

Why is it so much fun to speak Waka's name? I'm being serious, that might be what I'm gonna miss most now that the show's off the air.

Be lucky you weren't here to read about the future of Hertz's family.

Oh wow, the thread is still alive, I was sure I'd miss it watching the ending today. Definitely my AOTS together with AV.

Granddaughter, while being a maricle (sic) of the universe, also reminds me of Sengoku Collection characters for some reason. And, strangely, that was also a show that turned out to be way more fun than you would expect before it started.

No surprise given the source material, but it really did feel like I was watching an animated version of picrelated, with some plot and cute girls thrown in.

What source material? I thought this was an original anime the whole time

Read the thread.

doctor paid off the whole loan and that place belonged to the doctor, Maris father

It wasn't a loan, they were funding his research. Later he give them the money back.
The breach of contract happened while the contract wast still active before the father gave them the money back.
Also the way he got money was by abusing the time machine himself, which is something even his wife got pissed about. Even if we ignore that Hayase Eiji was a bad husband and a bad father he was still did many scummy stuff himself.

The only argument anyone had against Mikage was that he would use the time machine to make money. No one was able to tell him anything he did wrong, only what he could do wrong in the future.

>Even if we ignore that Hayase Eiji was a bad husband and a bad father
But you can't ignore that he was a badass.

Sure, in some ways. But in others he was also a loser. It is part of hid "adventurer" persona. He has the balls to do shut, often stupid shit.

>the future of Hertz's family
Enlighten me.

Why an apple?

Mikage did nothing wrong. He didn't deserve this.

Remember the apple that they used to test the machine? It went there

Mari and Shun fucked. Think about that.

>Sengoku Collection
Nobody remembers that show.
;_;

Favourite scientist and why is it Bejamin?

Because he's a slave owning lolicon

see

>picking anyone other than based Faraday

Mfw didn't know the story about his wife

Brilliant.

Active Raid's subtitles are not even out yet.

>No one was able to tell him anything he did wrong
He didn't respect science enough.

Seems about right.

Volta didn't get enough screentime. That said, Faraday was best scientist from the anime for me.

This anime had no right to be as well written and satisfying as it ended up being.

And when the FUCK are we getting a CD release of the time travel song?

>not knowing that children cartoons are the best

>The only argument anyone had against Mikage was that he would use the time machine to make money. No one was able to tell him anything he did wrong, only what he could do wrong in the future.

So, to prevent the bad guy from doing wrong in the future, they stranded him in the past where, if he were really bad, he could literally wreck everything from the 20th century onward.

Of course, I suppose they could look in the history books (or just look around) to see that he didn't and they were wrong about him. But they could rescue him at anytime in the future if they wanted to. Which, apparently, they didn't.

Didn't Mari become leader of the time cops?

Probably more of an influential politician-slash-scientist than an actual cop.

Why is Mari so dumb.

You can't stop him.

But she invented time travel. She's the Time Travel Shoujo.

I know this was a joke, but it was actually her husband that invented it.

Shun-kun?

The only guy who could operate all that equipment, yes.

Think of all the kids that are touching themselves thinking about Waka.

Implying they don't touch themselves to Shun.

>not touching themselves to Waka's mum

See

Wataru Hatano can speak English pretty decently, I was surprised.

I unironically think this was AOTS

Maybe I just watched a load of shit this season, but I can't think of anything I've enjoyed more.

You shouldve watched Mob Psycho

I would say active raid was mine but it was a continuation so it doesn't count.

Also Ange Vierge.

Are subs still not out for the last episode?

Nope. CR has them but hardsubbed and HS hasn't ripped them yet.

I know it said he figured out the "Law of Time-Space Abnormality Measurement" that made time travel possible, but timedad was telling him stuff like pic related.

Where did timedad get his tech for the lab?

He reverse-engineered the book.

Best girl.