That was unexpectedly good and the ending made me a bit sad

That was unexpectedly good and the ending made me a bit sad
I also found it quite similar to Miyazaki's Castle in the Sky.

What does Cred Forums think of Nadia?

Evangelion is discussed endlessly on here, but I never see any threads on its predecessor.

Really fun. Likable characters and good vibes, but Nadia could be a bitch sometimes.
The island arc was a mistake.

Yeah, Nadia was a real bitch to Jean at times.
>The island arc was a mistake
Why? It allowed for a lot of character development between the two of them. And Marie was fun.

Lasted too long, Nadia acted like even more of a bitch than usual with the whole vegan thing, generally just the same bit of drama stretched out to more episodes than necessary.

I guess it was slow, things did start becoming more interesting once they met Grandis and the rest on that other island.

I just noticed there existed a movie, is it worth watching?

Nadia descends from the same story concept as Laputa.

Who did it first? I know Anno and Miyazaki worked together but I thought it was only for Nausicaa

The movie is blacklisted.

>blacklisted
What, it's shit?

>Nadia could be a bitch sometimes
>sometimes
more likely all times

Miyazaki came up with the idea on the 70s. The first incarnation of it was Future Boy Conan. Their relationship goes further than just Nausicaa (it's not even the only Ghibli film Anno worked on, if I remember correctly).

>unexpectedly good
Why unexpectedly? It's a classic
Still great nowadays if you ignore that dreadful Africa arc.

Yeah.

>Future Boy Conan
Is it good?
>Their relationship goes further
Apparently they did short films together, and Anno had a VA role in the Wind Rises, but were you talking about something else?
I went into it expecting something similar to NGE but much weaker, so I was pleasantly surprised
>Africa arc
That short subplot with Nadia and the villager boy was awful, for sure.
Well fuck

>Future Boy Conan
I just downloaded Future Boy Conan, but I haven't started watching it yet. It has good ratings and I've seen it recommended though. I have yet to see Nadia, but I should probably give it a go. Since there's almost nothing interesteing airing this fall, it's time to check out older shows.

>Miyazaki came up with the idea on the 70s. The first incarnation of it was Future Boy Conan.
Bullshit. Conan was an adaption of a children's novel, Miyazaki did not come up with it.

Is Nadia a prequel to Evangelion?
>Adam
>ancestral race who landed on Earth far before humanity came into existence
>Atlantis is reminiscent of the Geofront
>Gargoyle does the Gendo pose

I quit the show for months after the musical episode. Glad I finished though, it ended really well and I was very satisfied with how every character turned out. Show had a great soundtrack too. Rebuilds when?

>Rebuilds when?
Why would you even ask? Obviously never
The closest we've got is that god-awful movie

Well, I liked it.

Anno was an animator on a few more Ghibli films, or at least Grave. Him and Miyazaki are friends.

It was not a 1:1 adaptation. From what I've read, there's none (or few) of the elements present in it, Nadia, and Laputa that links the three.

Apparently that was something they focused doing in an early draft or even as late as the final episodes of the show, but I did read that here.

Considered*

>Anno was an animator on a few more Ghibli films
He's more or less the most important animatoir on Nausicea.

Maybe there'll be that Kushana prequel someday.

>predecessor
That ain't Gunbuster

Honestly, I'd say Nadia has just as much if not more in common.

More. Eva wasn't conceived as a sequel to Gunbuster and inspired by illness developed over Gunbuster's production.

Right, that scene is the first to come to mind.