Unusual manga/anime stylization/design that you like

Unusual manga/anime stylization/design that you like.

I'm searching for inspiration how not to draw bland overdone shit.

Can be anything from fanart to official art.

I like how angular but cute pic related looks.

Kaiji gets a bad wrap from some. But I think this and Akagi have great designs.

>how not to draw bland overdone shit.
>anime
/0

Sauce?

Filename is author

Thanks, that's what I want.

What series, is it in chinese cartoon from or is it a taiwanese tapestry?

Tsuritama

If you hate anime, then why are you here?

Those drawings for the ending were great, I didn't know it was a specific artist's style. From the thumbnail I thought it was Nejimaki Kagyuu which I like too.

Unaesthetic as fuck, might aswell be a western cartoon with that kind of design.

Edgy Yurus

He's one of my favourite anime/manga artist. Sadly, he's pretty reclusive and only does some things every now and then.

Pic related is another pretty well-known "unique style". If you're only going to draw single pictures and not a whole manga, I'd recommend checking out pixiv. Some arists there have really cool styles. I personally tend to like flat/simplistic styles.

Yeah I follow a lot of japanese artists with minimalistic style that I like on twitter, too.

Thanks for the input, those are good.

Pic related is nothing special but I like how clean it looks despite being kinda spontaneous.

I would love to see entire series done in this style.

Looks good! Illustrations with a fresh/lightweigth feeling like that are really nice.

The thumbnail made me thought of an oekaki, I also like the oekaki style with 1px width aliased line, I don't know why.

The drawing is nice but it's nothing really far from the the common manga drawings is it? Or I'm not getting what you want to highlight.

Galko has a super cool artstyle in the manga.

Yeah, the style is nothing unusual. I was talking about the feeling of the drawing in general. Many anime/manga drawings tend to look kind of stiff, so it's great when you can pull of a "loose" style that lets it look like you just doodled something. Maybe I chose a bad example.

Oh yes I understand. I agree that what you posted is also kind of "light" too.