youtube.com/watch?v=6Ni_JnRA7_w
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sk.baka.aedict&hl=jp
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.craxic.akebifree&hl=jp
youtube.com/watch?v=BlblBvpVgjE
youtube.com/watch?v=j2311FZWoFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=gYjojfYQkJI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fucked up the previous thread thing my apologies

Hiding the pantsu makes it even lewder since you can't know if she's not going commando.

Yui a pure, pls stop. What on the OP pic saying ?

>Japanese is flawed, that's a fact.
>I'm sure time will do its job though.
You are a troll, but you might be right in a way.

jiji.com/jc/article?k=2016092100674

Although I don't think it's an improvement.

Just normal "i'm so alone" talk.
Like women know what loneliness is, kek
I didn't talk to another human being for four months.

>What on the OP pic saying
It's telling you to read the guide so you can decipher what it says yourself

It says if Yui was to come across Chinatsu's 穴 the result wouldn't be pretty

So I made some simple shortcut script(autohotkey) to make KanjiTomo easier. Useful for toggling automatic OCR, quick copy paste words to text file, etc. I thought I'd share it here since it's a pain using KanjiTomo without it.

First, install autohotkey. Download and open the script file and let it runs in the background. Open Kanjitomo.
Link: mediafire.com/?9pu029ldiie2e78
To use it:
Window key + x for quick toggling automatic OCR
Window key + c for copy, paste words in text file and saving
Window key + a for manual writing in kanjitomo
Window key + s copy words, open chrome, new tab and search for "words + とは" in google

The key can be changed by editing the file in notepad (e,g,#x::,#c::). You don't need to change anything in to make it works but in quick paste script, you need to change the 'title' to the window title of your text file, otherwise it won't paste to anything.

youtube.com/watch?v=oKnf-A1nkik

最近、攻殻機動隊SACを見始めたけど技術用語とかめんどくさいなー。まったくSFはハードルが高いぜ。

いいえ。練習が不足からだろう。

あれはあたしにもわかりにくいよ

ところでBLAME!はSFに、はいる?

シドニアは反りが合わなかったけど

BLAME!はすごいすき

You're not imouto

kanjitomo is nice but i literally do all that shit with capture2text bound to a mouse button lel

Wow I read a bit of the Kino LN today and was surprised how smooth it went. It's infinitely easier than even moege VNs for some reason, while still being quite enjoyable.
Now to figure out how to send it with vertical text to my Kindle

So yeah about these apps that allow you to chat with Japanese people, are they actually good?

I mean Hello Talk and stuff like that.

それはそうかもしんねえけどさぁ、電脳閉殻症とか分割型ウイルスという言葉を普段使わないし使う必要もないからやっぱりちょっと厄介だ。まぁ、その内なれると思うけど。

読んだことはないけどジャンルはサイバーパンクだからSFじゃね?

What do you mean "are they good"?

They're exactly what you'd expect, the same as any social messaging app but for speaking Japanese

If you can bare speaking to normies about random mundane shit then you're good to go

Word of the day: 未確認飛行物体

ことあるごとにでてくる

「囁くのよ、私のゴーストが」

っていう台詞がいっちゃんわかりにくいとおもうよ

なにかモチーフがあるのかしら

Are there any other terms other than 日常系 to refer to SoL anime in Japanese?

>If you can bare speaking to normies about random mundane shit then you're good to go
>tfw want to practice production but can't keep a conversation going with normies

fat otaku

Yeah but capture2text doesn't have built-in dictionary. I've tried using offline dictionary with it but it's not as fast as kanjitomo

I've gotten into the habit of just scrolling down on the list of people on HelloTalk until I see someone with an anime picture and then starting a conversation with them, tends to work out a lot better than talking to the people that look like 10/10 QTs in their pics

When you're reading a HTML LN in Firefox, how do you bookmark / save the position? Also for some reason mine shows only text, no pictures

>「囁くのよ、私のゴーストが」

そんな台詞あったっけ?少なくとも俺が今まで見たエピソードの中には出てこなかったと思う。映画の方かな?

I wasn't trolling. I love the language but I do think it's flawed to an extent and I do believe the language will evolve with time (aka get rid of things people don't like).

That's what languages tend to do, Japanese isn't an exception. I just hope it doesn't go too far since Japanese being what Japanese is today is a good idiots filter.

Schrödinger's pantsu

Yeah I agree. Japanese needs more kanji and less kana. Makes things easier to speedread.

Why did you have to put a sad Yui there, OP? ;_;

英語SF作者だってたくさんの言葉かってに作るんだよ

彼女の穴に入りたいから

I wouldn't mind more Kanji as long as shits were consistent.

I love games but Cred Forums is seriously cancerous. Whenever someone calls Cred Forums a trash bin I kind of roll my eyes but seeing it myself reminds me of why I never browse this board.

厚かましい

貴方は最低人です。

Because wanting to go inside a hole is the trademark feeling of DJT

Don't forget to do your reps kids

アメリカ?だけどS.キングの

あのながーーい小説の

最後の方、作った言葉だらけで

にほんごに翻訳するひとがこまって

最終的によくわからないことに

英語なら情報処理能力が高いから問題ないが、日本語だとやっぱり頭の回転が遅くなる

I don't get listening practice at all

Surely if you're watching an episode of some anime raw and you don't understand the majority of the long sentences then you're never going to actually improve from it

It's just like listening to random noise

Why RAW? Once you get good at this I can understand yes, because in case you don't understand something you can simply check out the word in question in a few seconds.

If you're at a level where you come to DJT to type this something like this
>you don't understand the majority of the long sentences
then you obviously aren't at a level where you should be watching RAWs.

There is nothing wrong with watching anime subbed as long as you put in the effort to understand what's going on, that's how your brain will make connections and that's how you'll learn - given you do normal studies on the side of course. Then once you're N2+ swap to Japanese subs or just watch RAWs. So keep watching anime subbed and put in the effort to be curious and attentive.

追伸:anyone disagreeing with me here is a retard.

Do your reps.

I watch anime with Japanese subs all the time but it feels like it doesn't improve my listening comprehension much at all because I just watch the subs instead of relying solely on listening, hence why I want to switch to raw

But when I don't have Japanese subs to watch I feel like I miss almost every part that's longer than just a few words, so I'm still not improving

If you actually watch anime to practice and not just for fun, you make sure you understand everything before you proceed. If that means pausing and repeating every sentence many times until you get it, then you do that.

Well despite what I said ultimately anime is a very passive way to learn, it's not "active". You won't see much progress simply by watching anime, you'll only start noticing progress in the long run.

So if you're still relatively new I could understand why you think it's useless, but trust me it's not as useless as you think. Speaking of listening practice try Japanese music, like Vocaloid or whatever genre you like. The more mediums the better.

い・や・だ

If it were not for learning Japanese I would not be able to name one single memorable thing that happened this entire decade so far. I might sound retarded saying this, and I probably am retarded, but DJT gave my life purpose. If you're struggling, don't quit. Going through hard times to get to something you desire is the only time you're truly alive, and it took me far too long to realize this.

jesus christ make a change

That would get frustrating very quickly, I'd recommend reading a VN instead, that'd be much more efficient use of time. Just my opinion though.

I feel the same way except I was already learning prior finding DJT. It did help in getting myself to reflect on my ways of doing things by getting instant honest feedback though. I'm generally grateful to Cred Forums for this.

That's why it's just not recommended for beginners. To not go insane practicing like that you should already be at a level where you would able to watch a whole episode and only rewind a handful of times, maybe max once a minute.

You first

I've tried that but it's way too frustrating like said, I guess the VN routes the only way

Learning Japanese is the only thing I can call a hobby.

Not gonna lie, learning Japanese put my life on track after a few years of idle listlessness. Everything that I achieve from now on is thanks to learning Japanese.

i use clipboard inserter in firefox and rikai it, also lets me import it straight into mining deck

Day 3

Goal - 8:00:00

Average - 8:23:43

It's true that hobbies are useful as fuck, especially if you're a neet, and learning Japanese has kept me busy and happy for god knows how long, but I have a serious problem with feeling cringey as fuck whenever it comes up irl, which it rarely does but it's still annoying, I can't help but feel like it might be some of the reason why I'm so socially inept, because I feel cringey about it and subconciously put myself down about it

Just move to Japan man. It will literally solve all your issues. It's not like anyone will miss you wherever you are at the moment, right? Well, that was the case for me at least.

I've been learning for 4 years and I've still never told a single person. Fuck off normie.

While that's probably true I'm a neet and thus have no money

>not liking weebshit since you were a child and not having the choice about whether your family knows or not

What does a geographer eat for lunch?

Maccaroni and 地図!

You're pronouncing 地図 wrong if you think that's a pun.

Not him but, I've always liked weebshit and my family doesn't know it's something I still spend my time with. They probably assume I just grew out of it.

I envy you.
>tfw my brother gave me something weeb related for christmas and asked if I was still into this stuff which I had to reply yes
If I ever get to fuck off to Japan land everything will have turned out okay is what my mind thinks.

楽しい禁止ドットジェイペグ

>like i have a choice
Western civilisation is dying a demographic death, at current trends Japon will be the last human country on Earth by the end of this century.

Living there require knowing japanese, so knowing japanese means safety from genetic oblivion.

>It's just like listening to random noise
It's more like listening to speech being transmitted in a line that's also full of noise. You can pick up familiar patterns here and there but most of it sounds just like noise. However, and the metaphor ends here, that noise is actually something you could in theory understand. Trying to hear the patterns inside that noise is actually great practice in my opinion.

"Wait user, are you suggesting I watch anime just to pick up random sentences without being able to follow the bigger picture?" is what you might ask, and to that my suggestion is simply to re-watch stuff you're already familiar with. Re-watching Hidamari and CCS without subs was great practice and great fun for me. I honestly think it's the best kind of listening practice I ever did.

I definitely have issues regarding me knowing Japanese and my family. I always feel like they don't take me seriously since to them learning Japanese is not possible or some shit, like most people think. I don't think they realize that's literally all I've done every day and I think I can be proud of me level considering at my level I could very well pass N1 and if not very soon.

I feel like an alien in my own country, I dislike everything here and can't relate to people, so rather than being a stranger in my own country I'd prefer being a stranger in Japan. As an user said up there best thing would be to move to there but I don't have any money, being a NEET and all.

How old are you? There's some government scholarships to go studying there if you're under a certain age, or you could go the tried and true way of becoming an English teacher.

このフィール分かる
The weeb life is one of pain and suffering

26, or 27 I forget.
I'm sure it's too late for me on many aspects. I feel like one day I'll have to realize the best I can do is becoming some translator in my own country and only get to visit Japan during my Summer break once a year or something.

The English teacher way would perhaps be possible though I'm ESL so perhaps not. I could still teach French instead though who knows; but the problem is I don't think I'd be very happy doing either of those jobs over there. These past few years on the other hand I've had a lot of fun teaching Japanese as a side job... thing is teaching Japanese in Japan as a 外人 isn't something that'd really be possible I think. Most people would naturally prefer a native teacher/aid.

How old are you if I may?

Moving Japan will not solve any of your problems. You view it as a utopian fantasyland because of your Japanese animes, but once you get there you'll realise that everything is as shitty and you won't even fit in among Japanese otakus.

>How old are you if I may?
21, I guess not too old although it sure feels like it is

If you had read my second post you'd realize I'm aware of this.

Still while you're trying to denounce one extreme you're on the other end of that said extreme. I do believe some people here in DJT would get happier if they'd move to Japan.

Relax, it still gets much much worse.

You're projecting. I'm not him but I've been enjoying my time in Japan. Obviously it has flaws like literally every country on earth, but if you genuinely enjoy learning Japanese on top of being into otaku culture I sincerely doubt you'll dislike it here unless you have an incredibly fulfilling life in your native country already.

Weeaboo blogshit.

Yeah I can imagine

>animes
If someone manages to get that far in their studies I'd say they already have a pretty good grasp of what Japan is like. I don't think anyone here is mistaking Japan for utopialand.

I'm sure you have at least one real life friend man

Or even an internet friend that you're close to

>If someone manages to get that far in their studies I'd say they already have a pretty good grasp of what Japan is like

It doesn't work that way.

You don't understand it until you live it yourself. Having a big vocab and reading a shitton of VNs that are basically the authors' interpretations of what the world is like doesn't make you understand what Japan is like.

I do but what does it have to do with any of this? If you can't be happy by yourself you won't get happy by trying to cling onto someone else, user. Friends or not is ultimately irrelevant when it comes to happiness and self-accomplishment.

Gotcha so everyone is a narrow-minded retard except for you.

Let me guess you have a IQ of 150 and can read people's mind just by looking at them too.

My family doesn't completely disregard my studies, but I've noticed that they have a completely different standard from me on what qualifies as learning a language. They're really impressed by the most basic shit, implying that when I told them I was going to learn Japanese, they assumed I was just learning how to ask where the train station is. I should start reading light novels in front of them and see how they'll react.

>I forget

Man you really speak for me here, it's exactly the same.

Especially this part :
>they assumed I was just learning how to ask where the train station is. I should start reading light novels in front of them and see how they'll react.
I don't think a day or two pass by without me thinking of doing some autistic shit like this so just to get some reconnaissance. It feels pathetic admitting it but it's true.

Truth be told I wanted to type "I forgot", I never say "I forget" in these circumstances, I think it's retarded, but some American friend told me it was correct so I wanted to try it right now for fun. Your reply tells me I won't do that any time soon.

>Truth be told I wanted to type "I forgot", I never say "I forget" in these circumstances, I think it's retarded, but some American friend told me it was correct so I wanted to try it right now for fun. Your reply tells me I won't do that any time soon.
it literally doesn't matter either way you say it

user used that reaction image because forgetting your exact age is demented

Because there's enjoyment in talking to other people about dumb shit? If it applies to the internet, it applies to real life too. At the end of the day every human relationship is about what each party brings to the table. If your friends thought that you were annoying and autistic, they'd have stopped talking to you long ago. Or god forbid maybe they've been dropping you hints that you've been failing to pick up on. In any case enjoying the company of other people isn't clinging onto them, because both parties should be enjoying it. It's one of those things that reduces the suffering of our shitty existences.

>what does it have to do with any of this?

You're not an alien in your own country, you don't dislike everything and you can actually relate to at least one person. Have you considered that moving to Japan would mean that you would virtually lose contact with all friends and family as well?

I don't have anything to say to you if you're too insecure to see my point.

Happens to me too. I'm also 27 now, but just the other day a lady from the bank asked for my age over the phone and I couldn't remember if I was 26 or 27. Shit was extremely embarrassing.

>becoming an English teacher.
Don't.

I quoted that part because the idea of forgetting your exact age is relateable and fucking depressing.

The english/french teacher thing is the hook to get the work visa.
Once you're there, you can find another job.

And who knows, maybe you'll actually like to teach it.
What do you have to lose you wanker, anything you like to do is in a computer right ? Got no friends or significant material goods right ? ( i'm projecting here ;^) ).
So nothing is stopping you from at least trying to go there.

Oh sorry. When I turned 25+ I started being depressed about my age so I stopped counting.

No offense but as someone else said you're trying and projecting a bit too hard. Let us part here.

Oh of course, you're right, well I haven't erased that possibility anyway, after I get N1 if the "teacher in Japan" is an option I wouldn't spit on that. All in all I was just venting here.

is 発した pronounced ha-sh-shi-ta or ha-tsu-sh-ta

Sure man, it isn't my job to help you anyway.

はっした

yes but in most past inflections with した the i in the し is not pronounced

i used phonetic romanization for a reason. the kana do not represent the full array of enunciations in japanese

Hey, ten months in you were able to do what ?
I can read/play shit for 12yo, is that good or should i take steps for suicide ?

No offence but you sound like a fucking moron dude

>ha-tsu-sh-ta
What the fuck are you trying to say with this?

Either way, it's a sh, not a shi. Just like in あした.

So it's ha-sh-sh-ta?

I can't pretend to be an authority on what's good or not.

Just keep it up, what matters is what you do day by day. I recommend making yourself a schedule and polishing it as you go, you'll start noticing yourself being more productive as time goes by.

It's fucking はっした what are you trying to say

This is what happens when you learn with romaji

>There's some government scholarships to go studying there if you're under a certain age
Not him, but do you know that age offhand?
I started college late (23, still a freshman) and I'd do anything to be able to study abroad for a year.
I am planning on applying to scholarships and programs after my first semester is over and I actually have a GPA and I get my N2 results back (I'm going to apply regardless if I pass it or not).

はっした can be pronounced in two different ways. Either ha-sh-shi-ta or ha-sh-sh-ta.

>This is what happens when you learn with romaji
This.

>おまえ、と呼ばれるのが嫌いなのと同じくらい、そっち、と呼ばれるのも嫌らしい。
>私への二人称は、紫穂で統一しろ、ということなのだろう。
What does the second sentence here mean? Context: Inner monologue of dude after a girl told him she doesn't like being called omae / socchi.

nobody's learning with romaji here

Not him but I think it would be fun to live there for many reasons. First of all having everyone around you speak Japanese will be surreal and will probably further my understanding of the language. Being able to browse bookstores and go on trips around the country would also be fun.
I don't know, there's really nothing that you have to do in this life. I think it's best if you try to live without hurting anyone and doing things you think are fun.

When is した ever pronounce shita? It's always shta, so はっした would be hasshta

That's a consider suicide then, gotcha.

>When is した ever pronounce shita?
in した for example
>It's always shta, so はっした would be hasshta
"Would" is not good enough; in the first place, 発 clearly has a つ in it, but that's not happening here. Similarly, し obviously corresponds to い, but that い does not actually exist in most past inflections in the form of した.

There are three conflicting irregularities here:
- Syllabic consonants may not be geminated in general, across all languages
- Dropping the い in weak inflections of the 連用形
- Gemination of つ when followed by certain other sounds

Therefore, something has to give in. And no, your incomplete N3-level generalizations of japanese phonetics are not enough. I don't want "would", I want "actually is, here's a recording from a native and everything".

I did that once. I showed my mom a simple novel I was reading and she was impressed. It's not like I want to impress people, I just want to prove I'm not a complete loser, at least to the people who already know about me. I don't tell anyone else about it of course.

I know, I said "I forget" once because I heard a lot of other people say it that way and I got corrected right away. Never again.

By the way, are you French? France is pretty cool, you should look at your country more positively once in a while.

>I know, I said "I forget" once because I heard a lot of other people say it that way and I got corrected right away

Don't let other ESLs correct your English, "I forget" is correct.

季節巡ればあの子もいつか大人になり暗闇へ無くなる

see
"I forgot" means you don't remember it at the moment.
"I forget" means you tend to forget it. In the right context it may also imply that you don't remember it at the moment.

They always ask me to tell them some present idea for Christmas so this year I'll probably asked for a LN or something that doesn't look too cringy and try to impress them I guess.

Yes I am.
>France is pretty cool
You could say the same thing about most first world countries, doesn't invalidate the fact that a lot of us grew to not like the country we grew up in, and that's not something you can simply change by meditating on it for a few days. Doesn't mean it'd kill me to stay here for the rest of my life, as long as I have a stable income and a home to continue pursue my hobbies, goals and interests I can be happy pretty much anywhere.

That's just how introvert we are, or I am in this case, and I'm way past the point of thinking about trying to "fix" anything, I'm pretty fine with who I am, there's nothing wrong with not being a sociable and outgoing person to not say "normalfag"; as another user said up there you're free to do whatever you want in life as long as it genuinely fills up your kokoro and doesn't hurt anyone.

I forgot can also refer to some specific moment in the past when you didn't remember it. e.g. "I went to see Rebellion in the theaters wearing my Madoka cosplay but I forgot to put on panties."

"I forget" is the most natural way of saying you don't remember at the moment. "I forgot" is more commonly used for things you've forgotten in the past but now remember.

Where are you from?

>Japanese subs

Where can you get that stuff?

>"I forget" means you tend to forget it.
Syntactically, yes, but in conversation, it doesn't have this nuance.
>In the right context it may also imply that you don't remember it at the moment.
That's in most contexts where you'd be charged to say something like this. It's a minority of possible situations, but it's a majority of the ones that actually happen.

I don't know man. 3 weeks in and my memory is too shit to learn this language.

I know what you mean. Some people just want to get up from where they are and see the world from a different viewpoint, myself included. We don't really need to, no matter where we are life is still life. But it might be kind of fun, you know? It might even help us appreciate things we hadn't thought of before.

Bonne chance, user-kun.

USA

>But it might be kind of fun, you know?
That's true, that's why I'd like to go to Japan someday, as cliché as it sounds. Would be a great experience, no matter the outcome.

Good luck to you too!

cont
t. ESL

Read the Guide.

Just picking out the things that you do understand will help, and you will get used to the sound/rhythm/feel of the spoken language. Like, even if you don't know shit you'll be able to pick up aiduchi patterns and such.

But for sure raw should not be the majority of your listening practice.

>core

yep user core 5k's example sentences are just as bad

it has one sentence that literally doesn't have the word in it

It was worth learning Japanese solely for VNs. It's becoming my favourite medium, the best ones have been more memorable, enjoyable and emotional than even AAA works in more mainstream media like movies and books. I thank God for VNs every day.

I was doing new cards in anki at some point thought "oh that word is interesting..." so I proceeded to copy paste it into Firefox to mine it.

I feel fucking retarded.

What is djt's chuuni ultimate finishing art?

轟雷槍砲撃

Keep going user.

中出死

不純異性交遊

You get bonus cool points if you make it with words you already know and don't have to look up.

I cheated with 轟

>you're free to do whatever you want in life as long as it genuinely fills up your kokoro and doesn't hurt anyone.

幸せになれなくとも、なりたいもんになれりゃいいんだし。けどまぁ、何にしても、生きていりゃその内、いいことあるんじゃねぇのかよ。

youtube.com/watch?v=8lG9M5i4laE
Got you covered bro

がんばって

pls keep spoken and written language strictly separated

Has anyone tried Mondly? Is it good?

Looks the same as every other random interactive language learning website t b f desu

紅蓮混淆の火事射精突入!

>how do you bookmark / save the position?
Are you using Windows as your OS? If so, right click on the desktop then hit W followed by T. This will create a new text file saved on your desktop. Open that text file and copy the sentence you are up to, including the previous sentence. Paste that into the new text file, and save it. Now the next time you want to read from that HTML LN in Firefox, simply copy the text in the text document and search for it in your LN, which should take you directly to that part.

It can also be done with a very simple reference in the markup. Something like the following is easy and can be done to any html LN you read.
Open the html file in a text editor and paste the below at the top/start of the "book":

Kana

This will give you a large, kind of obnoxious looking heading that states "Bookmark", right in your eyesight when you open the file in Firefox. Save the file, obviously.

Keep the file open in the text editor, within reach as you are reading the LN in Firefox. Then, when you reach the point you want to stop reading, find that part in the text file (copy/paste the sentence or whatever) and paste the following at that spot (or a few lines above, as it may jump slightly beyond where you are up to and cause confusion):

Save the file in the text editor; this is now your bookmark. The next time you open the LN in Firefox (or merely refresh the page), clicking on the big "Bookmark" heading at the top of the book/file will take you to the point you placed the bookmark span. This is one way which is extremely intrusive, all you have to do is delete the each time you place that span/bookmark somewhere else, and it's like one line of text. There are probably addons, etc. that do that sort of thing, but this sort of approach will ensure it will work because it's just an in-page hyperlink.

長っ

Djt confirmed for consisting of tryhards and traps

>Are you using Windows as your OS? If so, right click on the desktop then hit W followed by T. This will create a new text file saved on your desktop. Open that text file and copy the sentence you are up to, including the previous sentence. Paste that into the new text file, and save it. Now the next time you want to read from that HTML LN in Firefox, simply copy the text in the text document and search for it in your LN, which should take you directly to that part.
I had to read this part twice to get it because it felt a little too obvious... Why do you write "copy the sentence you're at into a txt file" in such a roundabout manner?

必殺、両孔同時挿入改・内側噴出

前 is used with food, in a reference to a serving. A more literally translation of that sentence could be:
>This job is a serving of breakfast
Which would probably make the learner scratch their head even more, hence they opted for the phrase that is more relative; replacing breakfast with cake. it's easy to eat cake just like it's easy to eat breakfast- that sort of thing.

It isn't a bad example sentence.
Here is a little more information on this sort of usage:
japanese.stackexchange.com/questions/7043/前-as-a-counter-word

gogen-allguide.com/a/asamesimae.html
Do you find it funny to maek things up user

has anyone been using the genki books?
if so, how well have they been working for you?

>89% on wanikani
life is suffering

They're fine for boosting my gpa in cc

If you haven't got the energy don't waste your time

>I had to read this part twice to get it because it felt a little too obvious...
It's rather over explain something than under explain something by making assumptions about what others know. People often do the latter in extremes and fail to realise just how useless their attempts at being helpful can be.

Explaining as though to a child has less potential misunderstanding as though explaining to an adult with shared knowledge, you know.

That link explained the expression.
Here is a page for the English
>a piece of cake
idioms.thefreedictionary.com/piece of cake
Which explains the expression exactly as the other pages explains 朝飯前.

Shouldn't have gotten that one kanji or radiocal wrong.

Mistook 付 for 村. Fuck my life.

>漠然とした不安って奴か?
What is the toshita doing in this sentence, modifying the fuan right? I can't really think of a word for it though... How would a very literal translation look like? I know the real meaning is "You're a somewhat anxious person, huh?" but I want to know the literal one too so I can be absolutely sure when I read similar sentences

>not autistically saying out the mnemonic in your head for every single kanji
You could have prevented this.

That's what I thought afterwards. But I recently mistook 村 for 付 so I knew 村 would be coming up soon and instinctively wrote むら.

漠然とした is the tari-adjective 漠然たり conjugated into the 連用形 漠然と with the verb する attached.

漠然とする → to be vague/obscure

漠然とした不安 → a vague/inexplicable anxiety

我輩

Well, I still gotta do my monthly reps.

It is just a necessary construction to make 漠然 modify 不安, because 漠然 is neither a な- or い-adjective.

if i didn't have the energy i wouldn't be in this thread

the problem isn't being wrong the problem is it's the wrong word

Also,

>I know the real meaning is "You're a somewhat anxious person, huh?"

Without any context, that doesn't sound like the meaning. I think 奴 here is not a person, but a concept. So it says basically "It's a vague anxiety, huh?". This way of using ってやつ is pretty common but it's a bit tricky to translate it naturally.

>That link explained the expression.
Yes, that is why i posted it. Now compare to your post
>前 is used with food, in a reference to a serving.

>Without any context, that doesn't sound like the meaning
No, even without context it is clear that he is wrong.

みんあ頑張っている~?

>御中
>英語には「御中」に直接相当する言い方はない
Thanks EPWING. You're a real help.

What interesting things have you learned about Japanese laws?

>明
I didn't know there was a kanji for video games

Pretty sure the kanji for video games is 糞

郷士
郷土
literally indistinguishable

Ultra-high conviction rate if you get prosecuted

頑張りたくない

だめだよ
頑張らないと!

別にいいよ

I guess the yatsu was confusing me then, I always think of "guy" when I read it. Is that point in imabi?

> Is that point in imabi?
who cares, it's in EDICT

I'm not very far in in the 2k/6k deck, only about 600 cards in. However I'm starting to have trouble differentiating kanji from one another, and I'm thinking about reading RTK even if it takes me a month or two.

Thing is, RTK seems to not recommend using it while you're also studying kanji from another source because it could be a negative influence somehow. So what do?

I did a KanjiDamage deck that taught me some radicals and that helped a lot.
However, there may or may not be a much better way.

Grind that anki, son.

I'm going to try to keep a consistent studying schedule for 1 month. Usually, I just study whenever I have time, but now I'm going to start studying daily.

At my current level, I can hold simple conversations if I can use a dictionary to look up some word.

One of the things I really need to start doing is reading and listen. I've only read half of the 1st vol of Yotsuba and I haven't watched any anime in probably a month.

Pic is of my vocab deck

Here's my kanji deck

>Thing is, RTK seems to not recommend using it while you're also studying kanji from another source because it could be a negative influence somehow.

That doesn't make sense. You are probably misunderstanding something.

kodansha kanji learner's course

>see what two kanji you can't differentiate
>look them up in jisho
>look what they mean, what radicals they consist of and maybe even make a mnemonic
>never forget it again
And done. RTK makes you do this for every single kanji even the easy ones so there's no real difference except it giving you a bigger work load for no benefit.

Anybody else has problems with Rikaisama? Maybe it's because of the recent Firefox update?

What kind of problem?

It doesn't turn on when I click the icon.

I had Firefox updating turned off for a long time and today after system reinstall I downloaded the newest version of Firefox. I thought maybe that was the problem (there were some issues reported in the past iirc).

PM'd you the fix

Worked perfect, thanks

use a kanji radical deck alongside core
break down the kanji by radical
make a mnemonic
make a sentence even
this should help make them stick

but i'm and i'm beyond help

>PM'd you the fix
top fucking kek, pal

Quality posting right there.

That's weird, works fine for me on the latest version. Tried reinstalling it?

>nihongo shark
nice snake oil

sent ;)

Is there a male equivalent of 姉妹? 兄弟 is "siblings", right?

Restart firefox

兄弟 means brothers in the right context the same way that 姉妹 means sisters

You change the kanji based on what pair of siblings they are 兄弟、姉妹、兄妹、姉弟, but they are all read as きょうだい

I see, thanks. I thought しまい was more common for 姉妹, though. No?

I did this (the recent firefox versions even inform you that you should). Reinstalling a third time solved the issue.

I like it. It does what I need it to do: kanji, def, writing, words that use it + readings

post hanzi grids

Yeah I believe so

It's so beautiful.

What the fuck did you do to get that effect?

What effect? Blue means I know my stuff.

>showing unlearned kanji

>getting kanji to blue before you've finished the Jouyou

What are some good podcasts that aren't JapanesePod101 level shit?

What do you mean/what are you looking for? I liked some of the JPod101 lessons...

The effect of it being half blue and half not done or young

I did no Anki at all for a year, the cards all matured in that time.

I've heard that ~10,000 words is enough to pass JLPT 1 (ignoring the other things required). Is that true? Seems pretty low.

I've got 15,000 mined words and I'd barely call myself N2 level

JapanesePod101 are very basic, imo

Maybe if you know 10000 words and all of them are the kind of stuff that the JLPT expects you to know. Not the case for most people here, as knowing game/anime words won't do you any good on that test.

Use Kanjidamage+ and core at the same time. 20 cards each or you can do 20 core/40 KD.

Vocabulary is pretty much the least important part of N1 though. The listening/reading are the hard parts depending on how you study (The listening should be fairly easy too if you actually focus on listening, but as we know some of us just do nothing but read manga and VNs)

The grammar could be tricky with no study but just spend a week going through Shin Kanzen Master N1, make some anki cards for the grammar points you don't know, and you're guaranteed to get most of the grammar questions right

If you know the right words, sure.

My weak spot is definitely listening, I've been reading for a year but I didn't touch a single piece of listening related material that entire time, I'm only now trying to play VNs and watch raw anime so I'm pretty unbalanced

I set up that html thing for Firefox and it works but it doesn't display images in LNs. Anyone has an idea how to get them in?

Also anyone with the set up, mind screenshotting how it looks like for you? I'm not sure my font/color is ideal

> but it doesn't display images in LNs.

I don't understand what you're trying to do.

Pic related, an image is supposed to be there but it looks like that

Upload the file, including the folder with images, css, etc. it came in.

Can you write a mini guide to that or something? I-I'm not good with computers, too busy learning Japanese and all that

>My weak spot is definitely listening
Time to watch lots of anime

Why are you pretending to be the user with the issue?

I can't even begin to guess how you made that assumption but all of those posts are me. I just want the illustrations to appear in the browser...

You're pathetic.

Ima tryin user-kun

Who was in the wrong here?

You can use an add-on for displaying epubs in browser, but it doesn't work with Rikaisama (and the one that works with Rikaisama doesn't support Japanese text placement and shit ends up aligned to the right).

i know you are but what am i

Well that's the point of using html files, rikai. Everything works fine except it doesn't display pictures which is why I'm asking here. seems to know a method to put them in but I don't really understand jargon. Also my text is on the right anyways, that's how it's supposed to be. Japanese books are read from right to left. Unless you mean something else?

nipponnostalgie.hatenablog.com/entry/20100913/1284303636

種類が多くて何を頼んでよいか悩むけど、店員さんが懇切丁寧に教えてくれるので、じっくり悩んで至極の一杯を決めよう

There were many varieties so choosing was hard but, a employee kindly told me (about them), then じっくり悩んで至極の一杯を決めよう

じっくり悩んで 至極の一杯 を決めよう
I quickly, worriedly, selected the best?

>quickly
use a dictionary
>決めよう
not past tense

Wait can 熱い not be read as ねつい?

熱 ねつ
熱い あつい

I'm not a computer geek, so there are probably better ways, but convert with Calibre to htmlz, rename .htmlz to .zip, extract files from .zip and open the index.html file.

cont
There are converters directly to html, but the result is subpar. You could also rename .epub to .zip and extract, but the result is harder to navigate than what Calibre outputs.

Also, this is what I found out today trying to set this shit up, so if there's a better way, please tell me, /djt/.

The only drawback I see is that the image somehow is seen as text by rikaisama at mouseover and that the spaces between chapters are different-sized. (Though it's a problem only due to mild OCD.)

Does anyone have any good Japanese youtube channels they can recommend?

Someone mentioned youtube.com/user/0214mex in the last thread and I've found it's pretty handy having a Japanese channel that uploads videos regularly, I'd love to sub to some more if anyone has any suggestions

youtube e-celebs are all shit, doesn't matter if they're Japanese

youtube.com/user/kinoyuu0204

I'm gonna post all I'm subscribed to, some are arguably shit though or just company channels.

youtube.com/channel/UCuTNcnGVHRlEJ7uq-X8mfTQ
youtube.com/channel/UCkH3CcMfqww9RsZvPRPkAJA
youtube.com/channel/UCaghC0OZwAdidMrbvxkcrPg
youtube.com/channel/UCbvZ_xr_mwVbpTe9q59VECQ
youtube.com/channel/UC24yfMhHL7ryQhbc_Zw_qng
youtube.com/channel/UC6SmH9mR82nj28_NNg_rZvA
youtube.com/channel/UCO8okJvgXmbmyJTkUMWvURg

>Pic related
Even if they are shit it's still worth it for the exposure

Oh hey I forgot about that bitch, good rec

Yeah those are mostly company channels, a few good ones in there though, thanks

Also, it's always good to check out Popular on Youtube - Japan:
youtube.com/channel/UCMlwQuZJJQppHO6-FkGgiqQ/videos

Though it's mostly that one guy that you posted.

What was the way to add audio play button in desktop version of Anki?

I'll make sure to keep that in mind, although I find the word "popular" on social media sites tends to just be a synonym for "garbage"

I think it just goes by the top view counts but you're right.

Can someone please help me out with this

I wouldn't know where to start with Googling it

Is there no epub or azwf3 of キノの旅? The CoR seems to only have scans and text files

what's hard aside from the fact that it's constructed funny like

I don't know I just don't really get it for whatever reason

>tfw Anki freezes everytime I try to import the Core 2k/6k deck

What the fuck do I do?

pretend it's come out of some archaic scrolls and you're the scholar tasked with deciphering it

That's how I feel whenever I read anything in Japanese, it still doesn't really help

Upgrade from Windows XP

Agreed. At this point they're my sole reason for existence. From no other source can I experience such exquisite pleasure, such heartwrenching sorrow, such hilarious comedy, such climactic ecstasy. VNs truly are the height of human achievement.

use user core 5k instead

That's god's way of telling you to mine

動かじ is like 動くまい or 動かないだろう.

This is a list of four different things you must do in order for 人 to 動く.

Holy shit I just came back to this thread after 5 hours precisely on the minute in time for a (You). What are the odds

I think I got it, it's really not that hard after all it just looks really intimidating which I guess made my brain shut off

Thanks

Dude, weed not found lmao.

>paying to learn Japanese

Post stats.

Wew, get out while you still can.

evens vn
odds anki
dubs anime

DoJG is too amazing it shouldn't even exist

Seems you dodged them all, if you assume that 0 is neither even nor odd.

But then again it could be both:
+3 Odd
+2 Even
+1 Odd
+0 Even
-0 Odd

its only one component of a balanced grammar learning experience young grasshopper

>if you assume that 0 is neither even nor odd
Big assumption right here.

0 is an even number my child, positive or not

> if you assume that 0 is neither even nor odd.
But that would be retarded because 0 is even

But how can nothing be even? Makes no sense.

'cause 0 ain't nothing

Today I did Anki for 31 minutes and then I read a visual novel for 1 hour and 31 minutes.

Because it has no remainder when divided by 2

because it is equal to zero in mod-2 space*

Thanks, this made sense.

literally the same thing

>1 hour and 31 minutes.

What the fuck is that man get your shit together ください

0 is odd because you can't divide it by 2 and get a whole number.

>ざまあ見ろ
>ざまを見ろ
>ざま見ろ
why

Are you talking about the 可換体 with two elements?

I remember making this mistake on a test once. I was thinking of 0 not being positive or negative.

seriously?

ザマァ

0 is a whole number

オマエもget your shit togetherしろ爆笑

0 is a whole number so yes you can

I don't know what that japanese word means but if it means "domain of numbers that wraps around after a particular value" with a particular value of 2 then yes

a whole load of nothing

ざま見やがれ

/DMT/

you can represent the number without using place values smaller than one and without using division, so it's a whole number

too bad nobody here is capable of solving real math problems

definition incomplete: does the four meeting squares constraint apply to the initial ring or not?

>that pic
>real math problem

I'm sorry my shitpost got out so of hand.

It's implied that it does, otherwise it would be trivial.

hm I just checked and yep this is impossible

Oh yeah? Prove it In japanese

the edge needs to have an X Y Z exposure pattern in two places, but only has such a pattern in one

Could have been worse
ドンマイ

I think this is impossible but I can't prove it.

Not as impossible as learning Japanese

You can never really know a language, there will always be words unknown to you even in your native language.

I don't think you're required to know every last piece of information related to a language before you can say you "know" the language

おはようおにいちゃん

ラップやろうぜ

youtube.com/watch?v=E84o8KjsG_k

>rockstar

Japanese is really not made for rap, makes me giggle every single time

All the nips learning German on HelloTalk say they love German rap and post videos of Cro.

youtube.com/watch?v=GGDaMc-ZgJc
Kreva would like to have a word with you.

kreva sucked ass ever since he started trying to sing as is the case with most wack rappers

もそもももかわかかGet ready huh ほんとごよも

At least the guy can play the guitar

>actually listening to rap
lmao im out

True, but I guess he earns more now than before. 仕方がない

You'd think Japanese would be perfect for rap with how similar words sound and such, but Japs really tend to have awful rhythm for some reason

Of course there are still many examples of great Japanese rap but it's definitely in the minority, seems like a cultural thing more than anything though

German rap is superior.
youtube.com/watch?v=_hOIBNZhWd8

わたしはだいすきみなさんここ

You're all cool guys except for the baka hentai who pretends to be a little girl.

if you truly loved us you'd study some grammar to make us happy

hey, at least he included a は

>studying grammar before you're done with a 6k
kinda boring

How come everyone who talks shit about based imouto is always a できない?

sumimasen senpai i'm rly atarashi. That was my second sentence ever attempted.

I think it has to do with how abrubt sentances end in japanese, and how the sounds aren't felxible, while other languages can flow into different sentances.

Swedish rap sounds better tho
youtube.com/watch?v=OtUn-Ccb-DU

They all have problems reading hiragana only posts.

They're the only ones who can't tell she's actually pretty good at Japanese and knows a lot about Japan and its culture. Because they can't read what she's saying.

>she
>knows a lot about Japan and its culture
Imouto is a 30 year old サラリーマン

Suddenly finds it wierd to read sentences without kanji. Guess I'm improving

Love you too

I think imouto deserves to be referred to with "she" more than any wannabe trans* snowflake, because at least she's not a waste of air.

doesn't matter if you're an imouto on the outside as long as you're an imouto on the inside

I picture her as a slightly overweight NEET in his late 20s or early 30s that habitually wears nothing but underwear. But that doesn't matter, いもうと is いもうと.

i'm imoutogendered

>I think it has to do with how abrubt sentances end in japanese, and how the sounds aren't felxible, while other languages can flow into different sentances.

True, that would explain it

i picture him as an arbiter working part time to live with their parents or grandparents in the countryside without being a freeloader

>habitually wears nothing but girls underwear
Fixed

Imouto is actually Finnish.

finny is actually a japanese country bumpkin

imouto dick suckers 爆笑

nigger 爆笑

delete this

Today I did Anki for 34 minutes and again'd the following words:

ドジ
気迫
けろっと
秋分

If Germany and Japan had won ww2 we would all be imoutos

thats actually me tho

>ドジ
are you some kind of ドジっ子

>秋分
What even is this? I don't even know what the English means

Please provide a polaroid of evidence.

It was just a couple of days ago. People need to learn how seasons work.

No, I'm a ぶりっ子 actually.
My clumsiness is just for show.

Did you drop out of high school?

Anyone know what life in Japan-occupied Korea/Taiwan was like? I imagine it'd be a pretty good indicator as to our lives under the rule of the glorious Empire of Japan.

>equinox
equi means same and iirc my harry potter correctly nox means dark. sounds like the day is exactly 12 hours.

I have a question about furigana. I encountered this
それは死神のセリフ!

And 死神 had the furigana こっち on top.
What is going on here?

Daily Chinese Thread

あかりだけ意味が違う!

He's saying それはこっちのセリフ, but they're using the furigana creatively to indicate that by こっち he's referring to himself, the 死神.

Alright, thanks! ポッポ

Why don't all Japanese just learn English?

Why does this retarded kid keep using です after ~ます?

It's that time of year to start posting jlpt questions to djt!

Why is しておいて better than なっておいて? Wouldn't なって be right because he became いない?

Because she's a special snowflake

why is this retarded kid reading the version with the awful redone art lmao

Sorry. Meant this .

Please don't me for using a normphone.

Because the original sprites are fucking ass

its the way its meant to be played get over it and learn to enjoy the oven mitts and funny faces

>awful

>lowcase typing

You suck, lad.

sorry i cant even recognize those fake moe wannabe bitches

next some kid is gonna tell me that kanon had bad art also while being born the same year it came out

>reading Higurashi with anything other than Ryukishi art
You're simply not reading Higurashi at all. In fact you've chosen the worst way possible. At the very least use the DS sprites instead of those terrible steam monstrosities.

haha autist

haha

Look up what Xにする means and pay attention to the fact that the buchou is the one speaking while the shain is the one who answered the phone

罪を懺悔なさい!

わたしわげい

Thanks!

>less than 20 days from finishing my anki deck
>just want to finish it and start reading/mining
>but only 20 days from finishing so I might as well finish

>not wanting superior white male

本当に分かったんだろうかこの人

You can have more than one anki deck at a time you know

Don't you know her?
これと同じでありますデス!

But it bothered me because I don't know if it's gramatically correct and she always says it like this as if it were

It is grammatically correct if you're a cute loli

Yeah but whats the point of mining stuff that I'm gonna learn anyway in a week
plus anki takes a decent chunk of time so it's easier just to watch shitty music videos for vocab reinforcement

Fair enough

>she always says it like this
もちろん文法的には間違っています。
しかしキャラクターが個性を出すために、独自の語尾を使います。
あなたも個性を出すために、独自の語尾を使っても良いです。

ex;ござる、ですぅ、ですわ、なのだ etc,,,

なのです ベスト 語尾

youtube.com/watch?v=85zvqy4810M

そうFUCKか
じゃあ面白い語尾を使わせてもらうFUCK
これでいいのFUCKね

侍でございないです

これは良いものなのです

その調子だファック

そうでござるか

電は天使なのです
youtube.com/watch?v=6Ni_JnRA7_w

So does this mean "handle it as if I were not here"?

Overall yes but you don't understand にする

お前俺のファックボイにしてやる

もうやめなイカ

という”こと” こと is the most important point.
We can't become a "things".

Make me ファックボイ

もうやめてくれる

イカの変態性

What's the estimated skill needed to read something like the LL SID books?

I bought pic related a few months back at Kino, and while I know I'm certainly a ways off, I don't actually know how "difficult" it's supposed to be, or what age range it's meant for or anything.

>25 y/o nurse working in cali
>not fluent but enough to get by with a patient
>nip only speakers are rare, but i get them on the floor occasionally
>mfw they are usually old as dirt and usually speak in some kind of accent or dialect or something that makes it a foreign language within a foreign language
>always have to say to them すみません、私がバカ外人だからゆっくり話してください
>tfw they always smile/laugh even if they're pretty much dying

please subscribe to my blog, like and share for extra points you can redeem for nudes of me.

It's generally accepted that a man working as a nurse is a total failure, but don't let the society's opinion get to you.

and then you realize you were responding to a girl

I'm not unkind, have a (You).

>girl
>私
good job falling for the meme and just trying to show off how feminine you are ever time you speak
儂 or nothing

what meme i was just kidding i know im the only girl here

>mfw they are usually old as dirt
that is your face when you find out they are old as dirt in a hospital?

If you're a おんあのひと then why do you talk exactly like I would if I were pretending to be a girl

what are you on about m8

>shitty idol animu book
N3

n5

n69

>idolshit
You should really consider killing yourself

ロ ン ド ン

>DJT could be a good place if not for all the shitposting
>Wait did someone just claim to be a girl
>I have to show how clever I am by reposting a set reply that was never funny to begin with
>But wait, then I'm a shitposter
>But I can't help myself!
>*shits all over keyboard*
>*posts *

Who are you quoting?

Sure, I'll do it one of these days.

I wanna read what I spent money on first, though

Enjoy your ban.

enjoy your ban

Outwitted, once again.

Why are you announcing reports? Isn't that against the rules?

あなたたちのオナ禁を楽しみにしてね (´• ω •`)

日本語授業に行くお楽しみにねバクショウ

You need to watch more animu to fix that nip

I feel like there are some days that I wake up and have shinigami eyes that allow me to look at kanji and actually understand them. Other days I go to do read something or anki and I feel like that ability is gone and I forget/have to look up lots of words that I already know.

信じてるぜ

Sasugasasukesensei.

>楽しみにして
>楽しみに
・・・了解

親に感謝YO!

南無無辺行菩薩
南無上行菩薩
南無多宝如来
南無妙法蓮華経
南無釈迦牟尼仏
南無浄行菩薩
南無安立行菩薩

Hey /djt/, i'm an user that posted up on /wsr/ asking where the best place would be to ask for small translation requests and they suggested over here.

I have a short song in japanese that I was wondering if anyone could translate. Here's the post on /wsr/ with the links:

Go back to

ill do it for ¥8k thats what i paid for p5 and id love to recover my costs i also only accept paypal

>Ask japanese thread on Cred Forums. They won't have any problem translating that for you.
Where do people get this idea from?

Just throw the lyrics into google translate

Alright I guess i'll go try Cred Forums then, thanks anyway

When i tried that it spit out jibberish and some shit about buckwheat

i think no matter where you go trying to bum free work out of someone is going to be tough good luck bottom feeder

I said that but I'm looking at it anyway. I'll follow you at Cred Forums to see what other people say too since I'm not a great translator. But yeah /djt/ isn't the place for translations.

Just to piss off and You're always watching from that same old place
(exception exception)

Why don't you come a little closer, right in front of me
(it's time to be there)

Oh, yes,
I want to know what your favorite flavor is
(filtering filtering)

Even closer might be better, so why don't you stand. right. here.

Just for you, I'll teach you the real password I've been keeping up my sleeve,
I'll show you everything, so give me a hand.
(information level zero)

Access, don't go away, right now we're connected as one

Oh, yes,
I'm right here in front of you
(request request)

Being always beside me might be nice, so listen to. my. voice.

I want to show it just to you, my real power and speed, more and more,
Everything resonates, and then in parallel...
(full-duplex hi-speed)

im not pissed when someone bites on even the most unlikely reverse psychology i get enjoyment

Just don't expect us to check it for errors, it's your time

Anyone know any good kanji/grammar dictionary apps for android?
I use google translate to identify kanji alot but the translation aspect is always poor and i need actual info about shit when im not near my computer

Awesome! Thank you a ton!

Just for shits and giggles, here's the retarded shit google translate spits out for that song:

AI Bomb on vocal - naruto x Aya Futatsuki x BouKiCHi
Lyrics: Boukichi / composition, arrangement: made and / song: Sotsuki Aya
Much Miteru you at the usual place
(Exception exception)

Before me try to come to buckwheat more
(It's time to be there)

Well
I want to know your favorite flavor
(Filtering filtering)

Maybe more buckwheat is good come before me. On. I

You just to teach really of much-valued password
So help me I'll be fascinated by all
(Infomation level zero)

Become one by now connected with you not leave access
Well
I am I in front of you
(Request request)

My voice-out Maybe a good buckwheat much. There. On

Your earnest of the power you want to show only in the speed more
In all Resonance (resonance) to and parallel
(Full-duplex hi-speed)

Oh beat me to it.

Aedict

while were handing out free translations can someone help me with this google shat out some shit about bread and ears

I want to feel the pleasure of being cummed inside by my brother.

I was in the process of providing a translation, changing it a little to match a similar pop song rhymth as in English songs but the other user did a good enough job. Although the Google translate sound better, mainly due to the addition of buckwheat. Solid chuckle, definitely improves the song.

そば=蕎麦、not 側, because screw context. Wonder how many anons out there rely on those sort of machine translations when trying to read things like VNs without any knowledge of Japanese.

Aedict , the free version can be decent for kanji, with it's radical/skip method/stroke number/drawing input can be decent. Akebi, from memory, has far better drawing recognition compared to Aedict.
Aedict:
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sk.baka.aedict&hl=jp
Akebi:
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.craxic.akebifree&hl=jp
As for grammar, don't think there really is an app for that sort of thing. What do you mean with that: parsing sentences, conjugating verbs, a list of entries like the ADoJG books, etc.?

yah that parts pretty dope and then the part after that where that also happens

She's eating pan dulce, the kind called oreja(ears).

パンの耳 means bread crust.

Thanks.

Yeah i meant vocab, not grammar. Wasn't thinking

oh i see thank you man japanese is so weird

Sora tears off a piece of bread crust and starts dipping it in milk and eating it.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of gymnastics did google go through to turn those parts of the song into "buckwheat" of all things anyway?

Whenever I see something like that I check to see if it's a phrase or expression.

who the fuck does that im not sure if i can believe you

She just started eating the Gingerbread Man by ripping off his ears and dunking them into milk, like people do with oreos and timtams. What a cunt, at least she dies of a cold shortly after.

嘘を教えるでない

Does ITH not work with RPGmaker games? Whenever I try hooking it ITH just crashes.

my guess is it doesnt like そば without looking at anything

Kind of want to try it now

now this is a translation i can believe and trust thank you

>what kind of gymnastics did google go through to turn those parts of the song into "buckwheat" of all things anyway?
For whatever reason the program gave higher preference to そば as referring to 蕎麦面 instead of そば/側/傍, as in そばにいる. Maybe there is something about the phraseology which has been founded to be used in things relating to soba noodles, and Google giving that higher priority than what common sense would indicate. Who the fuck knows how they handle their meta data.

>when /djt/ considers your translations acceptable

Honestly seems like google is overall worse at translating japanese then any other language

I remember back in highschool i used to stick spanish through it often and most of the time it came out at least making sense

I think it has most to do with the level of similarity between the input and output languages.

True happiness comes from alternating moments of pleasure and pain.

I'd prefer to think that a company like Nissin is paying Google big money to introduce artificial biases into their services, what with the year end coming up and potentially trying to capitalise on all the 親日外人 looking to introduce some Japanese culture into their holiday festivities, what with the soba related dishes around that time of year.
That is far more amusing, at least.

You mean those events which tend to produce spikes in dopamine, serotonin, and oxytocin saturation? There are plenty of relatively cheap drugs which will stimulate that True Happiness™.

Fuck, I was just cooking these earlier in Tales of Berseria

それはサンリツの源氏パイだよ

おいしいよ

Seeking happiness is the mark of the fool.
Maintaining contentment is where wisdom reside.

i dont seek happiness i grasp it with each and every post

Can you tell which days where weekends?

>where
were*
I can't even properly use my native language during the weekends.

そんなもの誰も気にしない

Everybody can.

Either by your stats or by the fact that the rightmost day is today aka saturday.

this is literally me right now

are you wearing underpants

no

>all that blog posting
/djt/ is getting worse and worse

so thats what that rank ass smell was i thought it was my posting for a minute

tell me more

No no, we're all Japanese master so we have no questions to ask anymore.

Anyone think Japanese is the nicest sounding Asian language? Judging solely on the phonetics of languages, I rank from worst to best:

Cantonese
Mandarin
Korean
Japanese

Left out the poor tier countries like Thailand for obvious reasons.

>implying it was ever good

文句を言わせてくれ

I'm guessing you've never heard Hokkien Chinese before then.

Just as I posted that, I realised it might sound like I'm saying it's the best sounding. Meant the opposite obviously.

They all sound equally disgusting to me. Only Japanese is vastly different.

But maybe if I grew up in one of those countries it would sound nice to me.

Yep, its why i like it
Chinese sounds so god damn ugly, which is weird cause I actually like the few Chinese bands i've heard and it sounds nothing like the spoken words i've heard which should be obvious but wasnt to me. Dont know the difference between Mandarin and Cantonese other than i know one is hard because of stupid fucking reasons

youtube.com/watch?v=BlblBvpVgjE

youtube.com/watch?v=j2311FZWoFQ

女の子の生着替え

How am I supposed to read this?
ききがえ?
うぶきがえ?

What about the other Asian languages like whatever it is in Pakistan, India, etc.

BANANAGANANATSUOKUDASAI

Even it anki freezes it's still working and doing its job. Just let it for a while and it'll end at some point.

t. someone with a toaster

Can't be life unless the context is fiction with light magic or some shit, so it must be raw.
namakigae. A brand new change of clothes ?

>person on the left has only played on the Wii

Perhaps, would make sense since the person here got dirty and is changing clothes.

Yeah looks like it according to google.

Shin sureddo, bakas

I literally did this till it clicked, all I do is listening practice at this point honestly
Its so easy to just sit there and watch

All I watch is makeup channels at this point

youtube.com/watch?v=gYjojfYQkJI

お前の出番だ
スレを立ってくれ

>tfw I got a blowjob from Gokai Yellow