Why is there no anime about the Bible yet?

Why is there no anime about the Bible yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.net/anime/15775/Saint☆Oniisan
youtube.com/watch?v=FBMZ5F45VTk
iep.utm.edu/anci-mod/#H1
sofii.org/article/philanthropy-in-ancient-times-some-early-examples-from-the-mediterranean
philanthrocapitalism.net/bonus-chapters/ancient-giving/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There is a lot of manga that uses elements from Bible.

Yes but no literal Bible anime/manga

only manga.

Evangelion

Nope. Just uses some elements from Bible. A lot of anime does that.

What about code geass?

Is that Kars???

Nice meme

myanimelist.net/anime/15775/Saint☆Oniisan

Why would Japan care about Bizarre Adventures of Johnny Depp?

>bible black

That's just out of character slice of life shit that appeals to Fujos.
I want the one and only Bible in anime/manga form.
>implying they wouldn't like David's rise to power if it were animated
It would be like Berserk but with Isrealites and there would be less rape.

But there is, lazy user.

youtube.com/watch?v=FBMZ5F45VTk

you sound like a false flagging fedora.OP.

not anime related, fuck off.

In the Beginning: The Bible Stories by Osamu Tezuka

I am a fedora, however I don't consider the Bible or its teaching to be literal, and think some of it is good story telling. I was forced to read it a lot by my religious grandparents and there are some pretty good stories in that shit.

>there are some pretty good stories in that shit
Like what?

about satan fucking your mom.

Uh, majority of the Old Testament you fucking heaten?
-Anything about David and his army
-the vengeful bears
-all of fucking Exodus
The bible gets pretty boring after book of Romans though

Played off too educational and only focuses on the mainstream unoffensive aspects. I want a new anime that doesn't censor anything and makes it entertaining.

The story of fucking Jesus Christ?
Do you not know anything about the Bible or what?

>Why is there no anime about the Bible yet?
1) sensible topic
2) boring topic

>sensible
Debatable

Bible's pretty shit yo. It's basically just a fragment set of writings on ancient culture, none of which is particularly interesting.

Anime has better things to do than spending its time on shitty adaptations of a shitty source.

Yeah like making another anime about Idols doing weird/retarded shit.

Would you a loli Jesus?

you know how people are, specially american, a country that is considered "domestic" could probably get away with doing a passion of christ of their own, but I could bet that if Japan did it in anime form it would probably become a shitfest in America.

But Drifters is airing this season isn't it?

Ancient Persians are cooler and more interesting than ancient jews.

Too bad islam destroyed ancient Persians and land they inhabited. Islam is cancer.

It's okay as far as historic fiction goes, and beggers can't be choosers, but it's nowhere near real good stuff.

Therefore Bible stories are relevant only to jews and wasps.

Your google-fu is weak, heretic.

Go watch Superbook. With totally not Misty, Ash and robo-Brock.

You can say what you want about whether the Bible is sensible and whatnot, but literally the modern world is living off the fruits of Christianity's cultural influence.

>Charity
In ancient Greece, it was considered *immoral* to attempt to help people in poverty. Social security intiatives ultimately trace back to the influence of Christianity.

>Age of Consent
The only cultures that initially pushed for an age of consent were those that were influenced by Christian thinking. It eventually spread to other cultures. Christianity is THE reason pedophiles are prosecuted. Although since this is Cred Forums, I guess this should technically be considered a negative.

>Education
Education was originally only for the wealthy; thus by keeping education to the wealthy it perpetuated the divide between rich and poor for millenia. It was actually Christianity that originally set up schools to teach _everybody_, including the poor. You might not agree with their goals (educate people so they can read the Bible for themselves) but literally it's thanks to Christianity that you now have an education, and that science has been able to advance to its current point.

>Bodily Resurrection
Not the miracle, just the concept. The ancient Greeks had a concept of life after death, but it was all spiritual. The idea of returning to life in a physical body only really appears in history after Jesus. Before that it's all just spirits.

Japs don't care since it's not their culture and don't want to trigger white people accidentally

>In ancient Greece, it was considered *immoral* to attempt to help people in poverty
You are so full of shit

Revelations.

but Jews hate the bible that's why 'Passion of the Christ' is regarded as (((Anti-semitic))) by the Jews.

New testament is not the only part of the Bible you know.

anyway that's like asking Americans to make a moe anime.

Then just call it torah faggot it's fucking confusing.

Literally within the first five results on Google, including a peer-reviewed paper.

iep.utm.edu/anci-mod/#H1

sofii.org/article/philanthropy-in-ancient-times-some-early-examples-from-the-mediterranean

philanthrocapitalism.net/bonus-chapters/ancient-giving/

I will grant that I slightly stretch the description, but not by much. If you want a more accurate description, it's that charity was only ever really performed for the good of the PUBLIC and NOT for the POOR. Any help given to the poor or homeless (ie, not the public) was expected to be repaid in some form, so really it's closer to a patronage/employment than actual charity.

tl;dr: Turning the poor into patrons was perfectly fine, actual charity (without expecting anything back) was not.

there are the only Gods I worship

>tfw no anime that portrays Hitler's struggle to save humanity from der Juden

This
the entire show was an allegory which is why all the edge misters found it so deep

No it wasn't. Anno even admitted no one on the team knew anything about Christianity. They just used random Biblical themes because he thought they sounded cool.

Christianity in Japan is viewed kinda like how we see Scientology - some weird guys with some weird religion.

>They just used random Biblical themes because he thought they sounded cool.
I remember a fan letter oda from one piece got about him naming two sea kings Sodom and Gomorrah, basically asking if him naming them that was some convoluted analogy about the world government being like the god of the old testament,
oda's response was that one piece is not that deep and he just liked the names.

I once read a manga based on revelations. I believe the main character was called Enoch, he was fighting against government robots with giant arms, and huge crystals appeared and started absorbing people. It ended with the crystals shooting all the souls of the people they absorbed into another dimension.

Classic christianity in Japan. Don't forget that God must be a machine that hate human.

Don't be such an american you boob

I think we actually read a few pages from that in 5th grade Religion. back then I didn't even know what a Manga is

07-Ghost

Congrats, you got what OP was going for and won this thread, now fuck off please

For some reason Japanese enjoy the idea of God being a collective consciousnesses

Except that's nothing at all at what I wanted you classic faggot

A better question is, where's are crusader's anime?

Fuck Jesus, Muhammad SOL anime when?

>inb 4 JJBA

A serious crusaders anime would be really cool if done right

I'm pretty sure they made Mein Kampf into a manga
That's about it though

Do you happen to have the gif/webm where Isis-chan is dancing?

The holy Qur'an is a better choice anyway.
>more action
>lolis
>canon harem ending
Just show Mohammed with a mask or always on the back, and the adaption is good to go.

terrible fucking thread fuck off

>muhamed married both a loli and a Christmas cake
well he has varied taste id give him that,

They were both 3D.

I thought this thread was about anime adaption of these kind of things?
that was the impression i got.

Sure, but there is not one. So you can only talk about the person himself.

Literally google ISIS-chan gif.

thx

But dude, there is!