What's the least known manga you are reading Cred Forums?

What's the least known manga you are reading Cred Forums?
(Pic: Fire Punch)

Other urls found in this thread:

mangalifewin.takeshobo.co.jp/rensai/madeinabyss/?page=2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Less than 100 users, according to MAL.

+tic neesan

Either Hakumei to Mikochi or Nomi Joshi
Both are kinda known on Cred Forums, but no one I know talks about them

There are some more obscure ones I keep up with, but I'd rather mention ones that I actually enjoy

No one here ever talks about Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru so that I guess.

Quite the good manga, wonder why not more people are reading it

I really like the art style the mangaka uses in this series but I only read the one-shot chapter so far.

Ongoing-series it'd probably be Koshoku Robot but I think it would get a decent amount of attention if it were translated.

Boku no Hero Academia of course. Best manga since naruto ended

Good question, probablly would be either
Neon Genesis Evangelion the Iron Maiden (could barely even find any info on that online, it's like it doesn't even exist)
or Black Rock Shooter Innocent Soul

Not too sure how many people actually read All You Need Is Kill, but I assume it's somewhat known

Choujin Gakuen. Well, maybe there were threads dedicated to it, but I never saw them, so

Second season/special never.

>plastic neesan
>not well known

Shoujo Apocalypse

Pretty solid action manga, but chapters are released once in a blue moon

This guy is tied with Kubo for laziest mangaka who never draws backgrounds

Are Sundome and Aku no Hana well known? These are the most obscure stuff I've read. Also Vinland Saga is nowhere near as popular as it should be.

But the heart...

"LEAST KNOWN MANGA"

Hakumei to Mikochi looks good! I also read Nomi Joshi

Thanks user!

DMZkobinki

I remember like 5 years ago some poor soul tried to bring manhwa in my country, so he founded a company and released the first volume of a manhwa called hero, I remeber it was pretty good, it was about martial arts and high school delinquents.
the shit is obscure a barely can find anything on the internet about it, let alone a scanlation or even a raw.
Needless to say the company went bust before even releasing a second volume.

How many chapters does it have? Looks like something worth reading

i fucked up the name
it was Konbini DMZ
5 vol, drawn by the same guy done Gate thus the JSDF fought there

Kono s o mi yo is amazing, I had feels for the characters, sadly around 48-50 chapters haven't been translated since it ended a few years ago I think, yet a group translated several chapters a few months ago so maybe they will translate the rest of the series.

Probably Kin no Tamago. I've never seen anyone discuss it anywhere. The author's other works, Hitoribocchi and Mitsuboshi Colors sometimes get discussed, but I've never seen Kin no Tamago mentioned.

I also want to point towards a manga I love named liar x liar where a sister dresses up as a schoolgirl and dates her younger brother

Until Death Do Us Part.

Last time I saw someone mentioning this here, it was still fairly new.
Now it's been forgotten, which is a shame, because it's amazing.

Fire punch is so fucking retarded I can't stop reading it

I've put it on hold since the Nigger Squad battle ended. Is there any point in picking it back up?

Because Tamako is a fucking asshole.

still least known compared to the big three

It is kinda weird. It has everything that should make it a popular manga, at least at the beginning, but I felt it never took off

Same, it's fairly boring.

It's not anything special and the artstyle probably turns people off but it's fun enough

Mother fucking
E V I L H E A R T
V
I
L

H
E
A
R
T

I think only like 4 people have even read it here.

I read that! It's a fun manga.

Same here, I liked how they teached engrish to the mc

Innocent and Innocent Rouge
it's so fucking good

and yet searching the archive you'd find a handful of short-lived threads
legitimately upset that I have no one to talk about it

this is quite well-known though, no?

so is fire punch

koineko

I feel you senpai, gonna read it tonight just for you

cheers

Every now and again you can see a thread for the translator but Cred Forums doesn't really talk about this msterpiece.

Ran to Haiiro no Sekai.
Don't think I've ever seen a thread about it here.
Best I've seen is a couple anons saying they voted for it in some publisher's translation polls.

I wanted Fire Punch to be more about the MC and suffering but the plot went to kinda strange direction.

Honestly, this one just went too far off the rails. The school arc is when shit really started to get stupid. If the author actually restrained himself and didn't go full retard, it could've been cool.

Also, not enough time skips. Not sure how the author fucked up a simple idea of showing the two mains interacting after the girl has reached maturity. They skip time at the very last chapter, by which point she could very well be a completely different character for all we know.

Imperial Guards. The main character is completely nuts and the situation remains tense through his part in the war against invading germanic white people. Not really that deep character wise but sabertooth battle tigers and the occasional dragon are the most animu thing in it.

Sleeping at Maou's. It's pretty good.

It's good but seriously terrifying.

Darwin's Game. Have never heard it mentioned here.

sometimes yeah

I hope we get to revolution arc soon
>charles-henri guillotining thousands of people
>robespierre fucking shit up

I found it in an OPT thread

Samurai Executioner.

I dropped it around chapter 6-7. I don't remember why, I dropped it like 2 years ago or so. Too out of reality and abstract for something which should have kept it real based on the setting.

Instead it's like the author was just betting on shock value.

it really doesn't have all that much shock value, and never really focuses on it either

you sound like a pussy

this page you're posted is what I'm talking about. Just absurd stuff and out of touch with reality, even though it's based on a real person. The current one I'm reading, Samurai Executioner is about the same thing, except much better written and thought out.

Q~

now you just sound like a retard

the dogs are a metaphor for all of their loyal servants
and why on earth wouldn't the king and queen of France, the most prosperous and rich nation back then, have a fuck-ton of sevants?

the whole aristocrat side of the manga is actually portrayed quite realistically

or are you talking about skele-charles I posted earlier?
that, too, is a metaphor about how the commoners saw Charles during an execution

christ

I want to reccomend Ressentiment. This guy also made I am a Hero and Boys on the Run. Ressentiment is about a fat guy who lives with his parents as he dates an AI in a VR video game. Very heartwarming.

Read more manga, holy shit.

This whole thread is full of entry-level shits naming fairly well-known stuff. Or worse yet, retards who misread OP to be about all the manga you've ever read, and still name well-known stuff (e.g. ).

Kuzumi-kun, Kuuki Yometemasu ka?

It's pretty comfy and good, not amazing or anything but still

Has one of my favourite tropes, big delinquent scary guy who turns out to just be a really nice guy that people are scared of and spread rumours around that he is oblivious to

It seems disconnected to me as well, like all these grand ideas are supposed to be transgressive but the characters are stereotypes and sociopaths with pet monkeys doing some kind of stage show for the hell of it. Then they actually do a stage show. It's too in love with its own prettiness, even if it's doing a good job of metaphor it's not very well thought out like you said. Good post. Still, as far as manga being a visual medium, it does that really well and the grand ideas are illustrated grandly.

I think it's up to what you want to focus on, and it ran very thin of plot and characterization towards the end.

If this isn't a joke, please get the fuck out of Cred Forums immediately and don't come back.

>oh hey a manga thread, nice
>oh hey a newfag infested shitposting thread, nevermind

>one chapter a year
life is suffering

How is this? I put it off because Kitagawa is basically the king of taking interesting premises and making them incredibly boring.

Why do people make posts like this? Just post something you're reading or ignore the thread.

You my friend are the
>real mvp

>thread is shit
>user calls it shit
>WHY DID HE DO THAT?
Welcome to Cred Forums.

Pretty much all of Cred Forums is like that

I started reading it back then when I was a super edgelord, but it was good(?) as far as I remember. I'm going to re-read it now, but the "one chapter a year" wasn't a joke so I don't know if it's really worth it.

At the very least he should attach his own manga to show us how great his taste is.

>taste
Did you misread the OP?

Because I am a bitter and hateful person that, despite all the pessimism and jaded world views, maintains a tiny glimmer of naive hope that things can be made better by calling out shitposters and newfags alike, rather than just willfully ignoring them.

And you're doing god's work user.

Do you think I'm retarded not to understand a basic metaphor? Christ. When I say it's out of touch with reality and it's betting on shock value, what I mean to say is that all the characters appear to be completely 'unreal' even though they are based on real people, the author is over-dramatizing everyhing. Executioners existed for a long period, you don't need to portray them constantly as kind of psychopaths for me to get the point.

I can be wrong though and I will probably re-read it, it's not like I'm saying it's awful, all I said I dropped it because I didn't like it and I dropped it early on. No need to be anal.

I don't know at what I point I dropped it - it's when Charles (the young one) meets some blonde young guy with long hair and then the torture scenes with his mom (?). Too dramatic. It worked with manga like Kokou no Hito or Homunculus or Ichi the Killer because it seemed like only certain characters were psychopaths. In Innocent however everyone seemed unreal and some kind of sadomaso.

>and it ran very thin of plot and characterization towards the end
what are you talking about
the manga is still going

the only character I straight-up don't like is Marie-Josephe, she's purely the author's fabrication and acts like some edgy tumblrina

>he thinks this is the exception when Cred Forums is basically reddit and tumblr nowadays

I mean, the premisse is interesting, but only 4 chapters translated, in a horrible way
What's even the poit, it's so frustrating

The reason theirs only 4 chapters is probably because you can find the first 4 on their website along with the newest couple chapters mangalifewin.takeshobo.co.jp/rensai/madeinabyss/?page=2
I would scanlate but I don't have photoshop

Black-box made by Takahashi Tsutomu
I rly hope more people would get into it :(

Fuck off and kill yourself, nigger.

any martial arts manga feels empty after I read Joe. Not even going to bother

>Kubo for laziest mangaka

bruh. Kubo is like the jazz of manga. It's all about the notes you don't hear.

>the only character I straight-up don't like is Marie-Josephe, she's purely the author's fabrication

Most of the characters are used as poetic devices and grow or die long those lines. Not very historical at all but with a large focus on the tropes of decadence and cruelty that you would expect from nobles or maybe media related to them. Marie is a lot of things in different parts of the manga but really, every character is fabricated. The only difference between her and the others is her name and relation is fabricated.

>edgy tumblrina

You might be onto something.

No Guns Life.

because it's really fucking awful, if you want to know how to not do a pilot read this trash. Then read Bleach's pilot episode and cry

It's actually pretty funny

>but really, every character is fabricated
I thought Marie Antoinette is being portrayed quite realistically, and maybe Louis the Beloved too
have no trouble believing that most of the aristocrats were pieces of shit like that

Marie-Josephe is just ridiculously unrealistic
>female executioner
that kind of thing just didn't happen back then, and her beliefs and general attitude are something that don't belong in that period of time
they don't even belong in the 21st century

also, isn't this manga based on some novel by a completely different author?

gleipnir

> new-ish monthly by Takeda Sun, who did Haru to Natsu and Sekai No Hate De Ai Mashou

I don't know what you're on about with the deepness of the characters. That manga is beautifully written and the characters are great even if short lived we learn plenty from many of them and some other in subtle ways, I think the characterization as a whole is great. Really hope one day the artist decides to go back and adapt the rest of the novel (I think it's a novel or something). Not sure how much the author took part in the manga adaptation but the world is really damn interesting. It's not that well known man, you're exaggerating, especially compared to so much of the stuff posted on the thread.

Probably totsukuni no shoujo.
The art is great and it has a very interesting atmosphere and setting. I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.

It only has like 2 volumes out, give it time for a scanlator to pick it up later on.

You haven't read anything by Tsutomu Nihei man, give it a chance, that dude can write and draw even more.

It's so fucking good.

>It's not that well known man, you're exaggerating, especially compared to so much of the stuff posted on the thread.
It's far too well-known to be the most obscure thing an user has ever read.

picked up

>You haven't read anything by Nihei
sorry, what?
Abara, Biomega, Blame, Noise is what I've read, but I haven't touched Sidonia yet

>Tsutomu Nihei
Wrong Tsutomu, user.

He means Takahashi Tsutomu, who did and . Nihei was his assistant.

This thread sure is sad. Most of the manga mentioned enjoys either niche or even mainstream popularity. Well, at least people still read.

But nobody reads nerunodaisuki.

Ares.
Well not reading, since its finished. But I didnt meet anyone else who read it and its pretty good.

>you are reading Cred Forums?
And I disagree, it's not that well known, I'm sure we and me both know a bunch of random shit that isn't even scanlated and whatnot but that still doesn't mean a whole lot of people know about KnS.

Yeah my bad, Takahashi.

>>you are reading Cred Forums?
From the way he's talking about it ("remains tense through," specifically), it sounds like he's already finished it. Which is my first post mentioned him as someone who seemed to be talking about all the manga they've read.

>I'm sure we and me both know a bunch of random shit that isn't even scanlated and whatnot but that still doesn't mean a whole lot of people know about KnS
I see it come up with decent regularity, I really don't think it's obscure. I could go on a random online reader and check the ten most recent updates and probably half of them would be more obscure.

I recognize your posting style, and I think you and I just can't agree on anything. We argue every fucking time.

>It's far too well-known to be the most obscure thing an user has ever read.

The most obscure manga anyone has ever read, it would be like it never existed in the first place. You want the impossible, which is for us to go away and stop taking your perceived place in discussion so you won't have to feel left out.

Could be, Cred Forums can be pretty small when you keep yourself to manga.

>I don't know what you're on about with the deepness of the characters.

I mean a sense of profoundness is lacking through a lot of it, though they go through a lot of shit and it's exciting it's sort of light emotionally.

>Do you think I'm retarded
Yes

If I understand correctly what you're talking about I guess it's just the way the author decided to portray war in a more militaristic way, after all that goes hand in hand with how the main character is as well as the emphasis on strategy in times of war. That is instead of focusing on the emotional side of it I guess, like all the mourning for the dead, anger, fear, etc. Well I personally like it, after all I think the emotional aspect you suggest would go better if this was a war story from the side of civilians or something like that.

It kinda feel like the manga sole worth is its gore scenes if you post only this page each thread.
That's a shame because it's clearly not the case.

Can I get sauce. It looks like the same guy who made Voynich Hotel

Currently reading Mai Ball.

That's enough, just read all his shit until you find it. It's all good.

Now I'm interested. Got any secret links.

Jiraishin, though I once found an user who had read it in an under-appreciated manga thread.

I re-read Hoshi no Sabaku a little while ago. I don't really know why I enjoy it. The storyboarding is a bit clumsy and apparently it's shoujo too.

Well, the mc is cute, and it's sci-fi without being mecha. So there's that.

It's back! For how long who knows?

I can't tell if it's the updates or the story itself which makes the pacing lately seem slow. Feels like we've been on the Africa war arc forever. Especially if you classify the school arc as a direct lead-in.

the other day I finished vol 1

Pretty good, right?

Probably Takemitsu Zamurai. I don't know if its necessarily "unknown" but I never see anyone talk about it.

I didn't like it much, felt too unfocused for me. A lot of characters who didn't develop much from case to case, and individual cases that didn't really go anywhere. He's gotten much better nowadays, in my opinion.

Oh, I remember reading this. I liked it too, nice oldschool shoujo stuff (feels older than the late 90s, honestly). The artist has some long-running Victorian drama now that I tried and failed to get scanlators interested in a while back.

Least known manga I'm currently reading is probably NeNeNe

fair, its just the page I have when i tested to see if my scanner could read it well and I don't download many of the pages

Came here to see if anyone else had mentioned it. Been reading it since chapter 3. I hope the scans keep on going because I'm enjoying it, though I have no idea what the rest of Takeda Sun's series are like so I'm not quite sure what I'm in for.

looks interesting

draws the lips, still makes it a side mouth. Why?

Because they express two different things.

don't judge me

Muh nigga!

I can't tell if Fire Punch is the best or worst manga ever made.

Probably SE. Still waiting on the rest to get translated.

>Fire Punch
I wanted it to be good. Such wasted potential.

It has never been translated but I've never met anyone who has read Oudou no Inu. It's good, though.

Kohinata Minoru, actually i don't know if it's obscure but i never see anyone talk about it here.

>All You Need Is Kill
Isn't it finished?

is this like the guy version of uppote?picked up

p sure its finished, once they realized there can only be one

>It's not anything special
It was great and even dumb burgers acknowledged it enough for the managaka to receive an Eisner nomination.

>Yas
I bet tons of nips have read it.

I never see anyone talk about Karakuri Circus on here, which is a shame because it's great.

There's a reason why no one reads this

Kanojo Ni Naru hi Another, genderbender story with really cute romance and reverse trap, which is my fetish