Yamada is literally saving Kyoani. Everything good made in the last 4 years featured her as the main director...

Yamada is literally saving Kyoani. Everything good made in the last 4 years featured her as the main director. Tamako Love Story, Hibike, Koe no Katachi, the latter of which is going to end up as their 2nd highest grossing film.

Free? Bad
Kyoukai no Kanata? Bad
Phantom World? Bad
Chuunibyou? Bad
Amagi? Bad

Not to mention she directed K-On, their most successful franchise. Aside from those Hyouka, Nichijou and Disappearance are also good but everything else the studio made ranges from mediocre to bad.

Other urls found in this thread:

japantimes.co.jp/culture/2007/03/30/films/film-reviews/byosoku-5-centimeters/#.V-b_KJmcEjY
forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/09/06/ryosuke-takahashi-on-directing-anime-and-how-his-works-have-defined-mecha-for-over-three-decades/#16ad28b77c73
youtube.com/watch?v=AV9uAOmyjaE
lineblog.me/yamamotoyutaka/archives/10983938.html
fictionpress.com/s/3206139
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic
youtube.com/watch?v=NqxJ191ecPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=z3aeHWvo8gw
youtube.com/watch?v=n3nTc9d_ZmM
twitter.com/yamacane_0901
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=71&v=IQOejZi1HFM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>hibike
>good

VEG will be good

>Phantom World?
Sexy girls, not bad

>Amagi?
Sexy girls, sometimes funny, not bad

Also Love Story earned less money than chunni garbage recap movie, fuck this gay Earth

>Chuunibyou? Bad
>Amagi? Bad
Kill urself my lad

It was an awful romance movie and a sequel to an awful anime, so no wonder.

>Chuunibyou? Bad
>Amagi? Bad
Kill yourself.

Hibikek isn't yamada's

>Free? Bad
Correct.
>Kyoukai no Kanata? Bad
Wrong.
>Phantom World? Bad
Correct.
>Chuunibyou? Bad
Slighlty correct.
>Amagi? Bad
Correct.

>he liked knk

Yes it is. It's self-evident if you watch it.

Violet Evergarden will be directed by Yamada.

>Tamako Love Story
>Hibike
>good

>it's self-evident because I think so
Well, now I know you're full of shit cause you decided to say that instead of posting an actual source.

No it won't. Ishidate is directing it.

She is credited as series production director.

You should be able to recognize Yamada's work by this point. And she's credited as a director too.

Read the credits for the series you blithering cretin. Text to look for:

>シリーズ演出
>山田尚子

Alternatively, you can check aggregator sites like ANN or AniDB.

>He pretends he didn't like it

She couldn't even beat Shinkai with the KyoAni brand name. She sucks.

KyoAni doesn't have a "brand name" except among otaku and weebs. Shinkai has been heralded as the next Miyazaki since he made Beyond the Clouds.

Kyoani is a obscure, small, independent studio. They can't beat Shinkai but that's okay.

Not him but
>Shinkai has been heralded as the next Miyazaki
No, that's Hosoda. Shinkai's movies received mixed reactions aside from 5cm/second until Kimi no Na wa, probably because he kept rehashing the same old bittersweet ending and plain character designs.

>KyoAnus
>good
>ever

Free was directed by her.

Is this nigga serious?

It was pretty good t.bh

Reading her interview on Hibike she came across as really dumb anyone else get that?

Explain further

She is pretty much the ideal japanese woman.

>Yamato Nadeshiko
>Yamada Naoko

Coincidence? I think not

>No, that's Hosoda.

You're a newfag. Both have been named in Japanese press as "the next Mityazaki" at one point or other in their careers. It has been a marketing ploy in both cases. My point was that Shinkai is a lot more mainstream than KyoAni, and always has been.

She seems really shallow and answered a lot of questions with "It looked cool" and stroking Ishihara's ego.

Kyoani aside she's likely the best director right now, making her something akin to the saviour of anime in general.

What makes you think that? The PV didn't seem like it'd be anything more than Kyoukai no Kanata tier (aka bad).

You're so new and full of shit it hurts. Shinkai wasn't 'mainstream' until Kimi, his last movie did worse than the Chunibyo recap.

She comes across as non-critical/non-analytical. Very few directors are. In fact, very few artists are analytical. It's all about "feeling" and intuition.

Takahata Isao and Mamoru Oshii are the exceptions that prove the rule.

What's been translated of the source material is good, the prose is above any of their LNs and LNs in general, plus the CM looks promising and it has a unique setting with an adult protagonist.

I guess I don't equate "well at least it's not high school girls" with good. What's the setting, exactly? Some kind of anachronistic Victorian thing?

>Shinkai wasn't 'mainstream' until Kimi
You meant to say, perhaps, that he wasn't commercially successful. Because he has been, like I already pointed out, a mainstream (i.e. non-otaku) director since Beyond the Clouds. One of The disc extras have an interview with one of the actors who points out how Shinkai is, surprisingly, successful with people who don't normally watch anime. His films have made the rounds in various film festivals.

I'm looking forward to KyoAni's first deepfag anime

Brace yourself for disappointment

>yamada is the new takahata
>ishidate is the new kon

You have no idea what you're talking about. Here you go, a 2007 article in mainstream press:

japantimes.co.jp/culture/2007/03/30/films/film-reviews/byosoku-5-centimeters/#.V-b_KJmcEjY

>But Shinkai, who has been hailed as the “next Miyazaki” since the 2002 release of “Hoshi no Koe (Voices of a Distant Star)” — an awarding-winning, best-selling sci-fi short he created entirely himself on a Mac — is an extraordinary talent.

If you can read moon there are even older articles in mainstream talking about Shinkai as Miyazaki's successor.

Please stop

Interesting. Would you include Ryosuke Takahashi in the short list of analytical directors?

I haven't watched/read any interview with him, so I don't know. His anime being full of grit and realism need not be due to an analytical approach to narrative building. Maybe he makes those kind of stories because he has a thing for those kind of stories.

The reason why I say Oshii or Takahata are analytical is not because of what kinds of stories they create, but because they can explain in technical detail why they make certain creative choices. They have a reason for almost every thing they do beyond "it felt right to do it that way".

Actually, I think do. No, Takahashi is almost definitely not analytically inclined. He wouldn't have made a cluster-fuck like Gasaraki if he were.

By comparison, with Oshii, even his most absurd, way out there works like Gosenzosama Babanzai or Urusei Yatsura are very, very coherent. The same is true of Takahata's work in anime like Jarinko Chie or Gauche the Cellist.

>Free? Bad
>Kyoukai no Kanata? Bad
>Phantom World? Bad
>Chuunibyou? Bad
>Amagi? Bad

You should be banned for having so awful taste.

>kyoani
>last 4 years
>good

Brace yourself for all those "I only watch intellectual anime" fags

I used to think Kyoanus only made moeshit but maybe they're not so bad after all :P taking after based White Fox

He is a very fastidious man. Just look at Kaguya and Only Yesterday's production. Miyazaki got tired of his shit.

You're right that Hosoda was much more mainstream than Shinkai until this, but the media still had branded Shinkai as the next Miyazaki. It had just been ages since they did it, and he hadn't had his mainstream breakthrough yet, so he was fading. And then he got it.

>Sexy girls makes it good

Does talent not matter in becoming the next Miyazaki?

Amagi is the only good post Hyouka show

>Amagi is the only good post Hyouka show
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

It certainly does, but no one's going to be calling some random niche faggot the next Miyazaki just because he's good. If you aren't making hits the media is going to stop hyping you, that's kind of how it works.

The only good things Kyoanus have made in the last four years are Amaburi and Hyouka.

There was a recent interview with him in forbes.
forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/09/06/ryosuke-takahashi-on-directing-anime-and-how-his-works-have-defined-mecha-for-over-three-decades/#16ad28b77c73

Hibike was better.

Hibike was miles better.

>Chuunibyou? Bad

What the fuck? Since when did Forbes interview Chinese robutt cartoon makers?

>he doesn't watch anime just because his dick says so
step it up senpai

youtube.com/watch?v=AV9uAOmyjaE

>'sexy' girls makes an anime good
Kill yourself.
Amagi was fun, but musaigen was trash.
At least Amagi followed a story and had funny moments. Muisagen followed nothing and was just straight shit with no character development.
>chunnibyou was bad
First season was great, but I heard the 2nd was bad as it didn't continue the love relationship.
>KnK was bad
Yes it was bad

The fat midget has such a great voice.

Are you implying Hyouka was good outside of the animation and splendid background?

what are the odds she sticks to proper films from here on out?

Anime can't handle that much kino

With Ghibli dead the possibility of good, quality art film plummeted down to near-zero. I think we can handle some kino.

Yes.

There's only Yamada. Hosoda too but he needs a good scriptwriter.

Shinkai already took the spot of Ghibli, we don't really need more similar movies. What we need is another Satoshi Kon and another Mamoru Oshii.

I've never liked Hosoda. The way I see it, there's:
- Yamada
- Hara if he can stay Miss Hokusai quality or above
- Katabuchi if his new one is more Arete than Miracle
- based Science Saru with three films in the works

>Shinkai already took the spot of Ghibli
That doesn't really make any sense, and I don't think I would agree with any rationalization of it besides "they make money" which who really cares about anyways?

>Shinkai already took the spot of Ghibli
no

>another Mamoru Oshii
That would be Kenji Kamiyama

Addendum, Takahashi and Koike are doing well with Shin-chan and Lupin at the moment too.

Ghibli movies were personal stories, with some romance and some supernatural bullshit. Shinkai is kind of the same.

Yamada is very similar but without the magic and worse.

We need another Kon for more mature looking shit and Oshii for Sci-Fi kino.

Ikuhara more like. Shame he didn't use Sailor Moon to kick start a film career. Adolescence of Utena was beautiful.

>kinomod

Really all I'm hearing from you is "I have shit taste and don't understand why Miyazaki or Takahata are good." I don't disagree that more and more varied filmmakers would be a very, very good thing though.

Whatever you think about Ghibli directors doesn't matter. Shinkai already proved himself to be commercially successful enough to replace Ghibli. Yamada is yet another irrelevant late night anime director.

>I've never liked Hosoda
Come on that 20 minute Digimon pilot is a masterpiece at the very least.

Nope.

>With Ghibli dead

What is The Red Turtle?

>mfw koe no katachi wins an academy award for best animated feature

A very bad rotoscoped film. Ghibli is past their prime, just accept the fact that Shinkai/ComixWave is the hottest director/studio right now

>rotoscoped
Really?

Fair enough, that's easily my favourite thing from him besides some TV work.

Ghibli was more than just sales, dude. In what way do you see Yamada as an irrelevant late-night anime director? Her work is aimed at a broad demographic and she's been picking up a lot of buzz ever since TLS. Heck I'd go so far as to say she's a key player in pioneering new ways of animated filmmaking in the digital era. Certainly, of all the directors working right now, she's one to keep an eye on.

Ghibli only has their pinky finger in that, officially their doors are closed, and Miyazaki / Takahata aka the heart and soul of the studio are retired.

Yeah sure.

>Shinkai's movies received mixed reactions aside from 5cm/second
Yeah no.

Found this on a japanese site

Yamakan approves of Koe no Katachi

he just wants in her panties

But aside from Chuuni S1 and arguably Free, all of that's true.

>Ghibli was more than just sales
Shinkai is also more than just sales, but now that he has that he can now be called the next Miyazaki, even Japan agrees.

>In what way do you see Yamada as an irrelevant late-night anime director?
In the way that she's a fucking late night anime director. She's irrelevant as far as mainstream appeal go, the same mainstream appeal that Oshii, Kon or Miyazaki and Takahata achieved.

She isn't even the most successful late night anime director, that tittle goes to Anno and Tatsuya Oishi more recently.

>Japanese site
>dollar signs
Makes sense.

Even jackasses can have good taste.

is this a safe place for 3DPD?

What's stopping them from finishing haruhi anyway?

Kadokawa.

I got you, I thought you were using the term in a more pejorative sense. Success aside, I think she's the best working director we have.

He's right though, those are all bad.

>Shinkai is also more than just sales
Not really.
Sure his movies looked pretty, but they were pretty lacking in substance and grew stale the longer they went on. I haven't watched KnNh yet, but up until now my favorites out of his works were his shorter things like Hoshi no Koe and She and her Cat.

>even Japan agrees.
Japan is as hivemind as any other country. I'm pretty sure some magazine recently named Scarlett Johannnson the sexiest woman alive. Surely she was voted so because "America agrees. Don't bother them about it."

>Anno
I mean I agree with everything else you said but this is retarded as fuck.

This. Which was of course the same thing that made them do Haruhi in the first place.

KnK was the only Kyoani show worth watching in years.

shut up you dumb retard

Chuunibyou > Hyouka >= Hibike > Tamako > Amagi > KnK > Phantom World

have fun.

Kyokai no Kanata?

Chuunibyou was a shitty harem that forgot to be a harem right out the gate.

>lacking in substance
Meme phrase.

Hyouka > Hibike > Amagi >>>>>>>>>>>> all this other garbage

I'd like to amend this Chuu S1 is top. Chuu S2 is bottom

eupho > hyouka
nothing else is relevant

Is Yamada a succubus? How does she tempt all these other directors

Hyouka > Tamako > Hibike > Amagi > KnK > Chunibyo > Phantom World

Half the threads on Cred Forums are about sexy girls.

more than half the threads on Cred Forums are about bad shows

>tfw no one likes Ishihara's work anymore

His style is very cookie cutter.

I heard on Twitter that he makes all the bad shows and even when he makes a good show that it's because of someone else

That sounds fucking retarded.

No man I swear even though he was the director for Eupho and Nichijou they were good despite him, not because of him

I never liked his work. He's only good paired with somebody else (Disappearance, Nichijou, Hibikek).

I enjoyed hyouka, hibike and amagi. Others not so much. Phantom world was garbage

>Chuuni
>Amagi
>bad
Well I can understand Chuuni S2, but come on man.

>Aside from those Hyouka, Nichijou and Disappearance are also good but everything else the studio made ranges from mediocre to bad.

You think Munto, FMP, Lucky Star, Air, Kanon and Clannad are good?

>they were good despite him, not because of him
Your facts are unfortunately pretty baseless and to be more accurate, it sounds more like you're just giving your opinion.

Not everything you don't enjoy is bad, Anonymous.

You think FMP, Haruhi, LS and Clannad are bad?

And you think Tamako is good?

I'm just memeing what I've heard, I like the guy. I think he's talented.

Phantom World isn't particularly memorable, but the show had a number of cool standalone episodes and it was nice to see KyoAni churn out some fanservice.

Episode 7 and 12 in particular stood out a lot to me.
The rest, nothing but trash

moe shinkai

>Free
>Bad
How?

>KnK
>Amagi
>bad

>And you think Tamako is good?
Yes.

nigga just watch better anime

The amount of shit taste in this thread is astounding. Every time I've tried to watch a KyoAni show in the past ~6 years I dropped it because of how often they made 1 dimensional characters purely for pandering and how incredibly dull/overused the plots were.

Fine, here it is. You can go now.

It won't change my opinion, those aren't masterpieces or kyoani's best works but both are above average

above average doesn't equate to not shit

>Youngest director at the time to have a 10k+ BD seller
>Youngest director to have a movie surpass 1Bil box office sales
>Youngest director to win Media Arts award
>Praised by Hosoda, Shinkai, Imaishi, Ito and countless mangaka
>Koe no Katachi is a major box office hit and is selected by MEXT to educate the next generation about bullying
Is there anything she can't do? She seems unstoppable.

make ten billion in the box office

>above average doesn't equate to not shit
wh...
wha?

You know he didn't direct any of the creative work right? He only had the same position on it that simbo has on every shaft show.

>Free? Bad
Good for fujo shit
>Kyoukai no Kanata? Bad
Pretty bad
>Phantom World? Bad
True, worst one
>Chuunibyou? Bad
Only second season
>Amagi? Bad
True

Also Tamako is amont the worst shit ever too.
Hibike is pretty good, though.

Like, if you have an F and a D the average is still shit. I feel like I shouldn't have to explain that.

Prove it.

Because Yamada is listed as the series director.

That's not proof in the slightest. I've read the interviews, the show is both of theirs.

There's also Yonebayashi, who I think improved a lot between Arrietty and Marnie and could be really good depending on what he does now that he's out of Ghibli. And it's not like every good movie has to come from the same prolific/consistently-good directors, either - sometimes people just have good days, or someone who doesn't do movies much branches out, etc. I don't think we're in any sort of serious drought, honestly.

Stop posting that because it's already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139

Gonna agree with most of your shit but I liked Amagi Brilliant Park. I definitely felt like Hibike was the new high for Kyoani in terms of direction though.

You also list Nichijou as a good non-Yamada and that was also one of their top anime. So basically Yamada doesn't matter that much overall?

We've been in a resurgence of good anime films since 2013 but before that was definitely what I'd call a drought. Yonebayashi is someone I need to revisit.

Stop posting Keit-ai because it's already an anime.

youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic

Both Hibike and Nichijou are cases where Ishihara gives Yamada/Ishidate and the episode directors lots of freedom. Eupho specifically follows Yamada's aesthetic rulebook and she checks out all the storyboards and layouts. Yamada was more involved in the animation process whereas Ishihara was more involved on the business side.

I am so tired replying to these threads. How the fuck can you guys still able to talk about the same shit day after day?

>Like, if you have an F and a D the average is still shit.
No, user. Average means average. No one's talking about a curve. Why are you introducing a curve?

His creative input is still there, and I don't see any good reason to believe anything other than that since you're not doing any proving.

I generally like/love kyoani but are people srsly telling me Tamako as a whole movie and series are good?

I remember Cred Forums was shitting on it before everyone cared about Yamada and pretended to love everything she does. Dont get me wrong her direction was strong on it but the anime itself is flat out shit.

If you average up every anime ever, the result is shit. Being above that average doesn't mean you're not shit. That's what average means.

Meme magic allowed him to get his first super hit.

Not him, but what the fuck are you talking about? That is an average. A curve is when you shift the letters based on the average.

Not him, but you're still going to need to give some proof on any of that. Sure the episodes Yamada directed feel distinctly her, but the rest were pretty void of her mark. And she herself described her job in Eupho's staff commentary as being Ishihara's assistant.

Tamako Market is bird shit.

Tamako Love Story is bretty gud.

>If you average up every anime ever, the result is shit.
I think I understand you a bit better now.

now this is some mal logic

What, you think the average is going to be a clean 5/10 right in between perfect and worthless?

The series had the best tv episode of the 2010s. I'm sorry that Cred Forums shitposting about Tamako not being Keion S3 blinded you but the series was legit good and that was before I even cared about credits.

> The series had the best tv episode of the 2010s
That would be Ping Pong.

Its a bad show. Even the kyoani cult in japan didnt want to buy it and they eat up anything.

> The series had the best tv episode of the 2010s
That would be K-On!

You need to stop this, user.
When someone says something is "above average" they're saying it's pretty good. Please, stop whatever you're doing in your head.

>2010s
You mean K-On!!

Yeah, no. Episode 9 of Tamako Market is the best thing on TV this decade. Nothing compares really and I watch most of everything that comes out.

Its funny how people think Yamada is good when Takemoto Yasuhiro made the last good kyoani tv series.

You're wrong.

I didn't realize he made Eupho.

>The series had the best tv episode of the 2010s.
Well done lad.
Congrats on the (You)'s.

This level of delusion. Its not even funny anymore.

Episode 6 of Ping Pong blows it the fuck out.

Its sad that people have to settle for Eupho since kyoani has been in a crippling state. 2013 being the worst year ever for them.

Eupho > Hyouka

Yamada: There was also the question of “which one of us should be director?” For me personally, I wanted to be in a position where I would be able to concentrate and put my whole effort into making the story. As a director, you have to be concerned about everything in a production and there’s a lot of jobs outside the work itself, so it would be difficult for me to dig into the nooks and crannies of the story while doing all of that.
Ishihara: Yes, but you’re also thinking “what would other directors do in this situation?” as well. Surprisingly, there’s only a few things that a TV anime director does. You work up to the storyboard check, and well, you do say “show me this cut” when each cut is completed, but that’s the limit of what you do. With that in mind, this show appeared to be one that you had to keep an eye on it to the farthest nook….wouldn’t you say?
Yamada: That’d be right. This work would have a lot of parts that you wouldn’t be able to help with if you were just a director.
Ishihara: You wouldn’t be able to go into details as much either.
Yamada: Right. So I talked to Ishihara-san and the producers and was given the role of series director for the show.
Oguro: Fundamentally, how did you divide the work?
Ishihara: Yamada would look at the various detailed points.
Yamada: As I looked over the entire series progression as a whole, I’d work on the subtleties of each character’s emotions and made sure that progressed logically so to speak. While I was working on that, I gradually understood the role of series director.
Oguro: Did you two participate in the scenario meetings?
Yamada: Yes.
Ishihara: We did. But Yamada would check the storyboards before I did. I’d look at them after she did. It was that kind of split. Also, we first said that I would go to the voice recording and Yamada would stay at Kyoto and check the layouts and such. (laughs)

You're free to have another opinion but I'm pretty sure that if you've watched Tamako you'd understand my point of view.
Good storyboards don't make a good episode. You've chosen the worst sounding episode so I'm going with you baiting.

Cmon man I really love kyoani. But stop this bullshit. You are really getting me mad. Hyouka was good but the story was so bland and lack luster. The yuribait was near canon at some points. While it made for good scenes it doesnt work when both character have their own love interest.

You know Hyouka is their best work. The visual directions to story everything worked well. Eupho is only good because compared to everything else they made during that time it looked like a diamond in the rough.

Eupho is very good.

But Hyouka is clearly better.

I don't even love Kyoani, I like good shows. Hyouka's cool. Eupho's better in every way, in my eyes.

Takemoto hasn't made anything good since Hyouka.

You are correct.

>Amagi? Bad
Garbage taste

(You)

This. Surprised its actually very decent after reading the first part of LN. Looking really forward for it - and it`ll not just be everyday drama, the later part has loli rape, murder and disfigurement, war

I did, a lot. But postfactum. Its kind of work that comes together when you get the story fully. Ishidate truly is talented director and did his best there.

So in hindsight its one of best KyoAni stories executions and characters. However in hindsight - watching it as it aired wasnt the best experience. But the whole story comming together - OAV, TV and movies: puts it in different light.

Just to give a clue, at begining you dont and cant understand the OP until you watched the whole story
youtube.com/watch?v=NqxJ191ecPQ

Not him - but Hibike is tandem of Yamada and Ishihara working on it together, no one is in superior role. Yamada mostly having main decisions about the key story points, Ishihara doing storyboards, lots of actual episode supervision etc. Yamada is slightly superior, Ishihara does lot more actual work - but both coordinate with each other: their positions are nominal,there essentially are two directors to the show. Now given that at same time, especially S2 Yamada was busy with Koe no Katachi - Hibike is genuinely "ishihara" show with Yamada influence.

Read the interviews.

Does Ishihara have any distinct directing traits like Yamada?

In the Eupho interviews they talk about directorial preferences, like lenses they like and types of shots. Very good read if you haven't already.

Tom and Jerry yuri couples?

Everything except the "independent" part is false. KyoAni is probably the most known mainstream and loved in industry - doesnt mean mainstream follows it urgently, but everyone aware of it.

Its also by all means one of the biggest currently existing studios staff wise after Sunrise. It has the highest number of permanent employes, over 100 - while most other studios are times less and rely exclusively on outsourcing and freeelancers.

Are you sure you know what "independent" means?

He's also a film fag. I remember that he said he was influenced by American films from the 80s.

In west it means "poor"

Mark the news, 2017 is the year of announcement of KyoAni Live Action division, lead by Ishidate.

>KyoAni Live Action division
Don't you mean KinoAni?

>called "Kyoto Animation"
>makes lives action

Ishidate is a movie fag that was rejected at all Live Action production companies at his youth, so had to work in KyoAni as animator. They already publish LN - live action and videogames are next steps.

youtube.com/watch?v=z3aeHWvo8gw

Ah it's the 70s. It's been a while since I read the interview.

youtube.com/watch?v=n3nTc9d_ZmM

>I have to fucking work with him/her everyday and I don't want to sound like some arrogant glory hog. Better be flattering and talk about platitudes like teamwork and partnerships.

Everything I hear about Kyoani makes it seem like they all like each other and get along. I dunno what you're getting at.

You do know Ishihara is Yamada's mentor right? Why should they not get along?

Everyone in KyoAni is a slave fearing the Tirant Kigami holding them in the iron gloves.

>not Yamakan from behind the scenes

>Ishidata giving his first Munto Keyframes to Kigami
>"Yes, yes! Good work! Continue so!"
>when Kigami thinks Ishadate not looking
>"into the trash bin it goes!"

Yamakan just got recently kicked out of Ordet and WUG management and is currently on his regular suicide contemptation phase and spamming blogpost every 2 hours and giving interviews about "Death of Anime"

twitter.com/yamacane_0901

>Yamakan just got recently kicked out of Ordet and WUG management
For real?

At least now he has time to live a life, eat food, visit museums and concerts

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=71&v=IQOejZi1HFM

Shit this is how they treat our saviour?

Yes. Also he states he left due to bad health and complaints about 2chan libel against him as always.

>forced cuteness
>awful """singing"""
Terrible. Why do people like idol shit?

BD when

Heres him commenting Koe no Katachi

He writes like a fucking child trying to sound clever

I hope he hangs himself soon

Keit-ai > Koe no Katachi

>tamako and hibike
>good
>amagai bad
Amagi's the only good thing Kyoani has made in years due to being based on good source material and based Kanye.

Let me guess. You thought Hibike was too boring.

Amagi was entertaining, nothing more.

Amagi is utter garbage.

>using the word based unironically

I enjoyed Amagi and Phantom World more than Hibike, but then again I'm a guy with normal sexual preferences. I didn't even bother watching Tamako Market, and I'm a KyoAni fanboy.

>just for stupid
nice FILM

Amagi was meh. It had boring filler episodes, the drama was both poorly written and directed, and the final episode had no actual ending.
Gatoh didn't even try, Takemoto didn't even try.

Yamada is preety fugly desu.

You have shit for brains. Kyoukai no Kanata is on par with munto in quality: complete junk.

Pleb.

You're a mathematically illiterate idiot. Average depends on input. The average of 1, 2 and 3 is 2. The average of 7, 8, and 9 is 8. 4 is above the first average but still lower than the second average.

If you take the average of shit series, being above average in that case need not mean not being shit.

>Tamako as a whole movie and series are good?
Shitposters are telling you that. Tamako Market was awful. Love Story was much, much better, but still not that good.

Like I said -- shit for brains. It was a poorly written, poorly paced dreck.

Please take your autism somewhere else.

No way.

Honestly Yamada is the biggest reason why Kyoani is my favorite studio. I like all of Kyoani's works (minus Keyshit) but if it weren't for her, it would probably be Sunrise or something. Literally all of her works are some of my favorite anime (with the exception of Hibike because it was only half Yamada).

Koe no Katachi is going to be GOAT though. It even has my favorite scriptwriter.

>Hibike good
>Chuunibyou bad
Get fucked with your shit taste

I don't see the problem here.

Ishihara's OPs are all completely identical and he likes the first scene of his shows to be a black screen with some text on it. He's also the guy responsible for all the funny faces in Euphonium thanks to him being competent at drawing.

He likes fanservice and ecchi. Yamada and other milfs in KyoAni do not let him do it. He bitterly envies Takemoto for Takemono being able to make ecchi jokes and draw boobs in Amagi.

I thought Ishihara can't draw?

>Free? Bad
never watched it, so can't comment on that
>Kyoukai no Kanata? Bad
ok
>Phantom World? Bad
ok
>Chuunibyou? Bad
1st season was ok, s2 was mediocre
>Amagi? Bad
fuck you

[順位] [販売数] [映画作品タイトル名]
 *1 221213 君の名は。
 *2 *55574 映画 聲の形
 *3 *50519 ハドソン川の奇跡

Koe no Katachi is back at #2 today after losing to Sully yesterday.
Kimi no Na wa is still wrecking everything.

Wasn't Sully expected to make 300m? At this pace it'll perform worse than KnK on its opening weekend (283)

Take the rights away from whoever the fuck is doing the MV and animate T7s with Yamada as the director.

The KyoAni Idol anime will be the Idol Anime to end all Idol Anime.

>T7S
>by anyone other than Taiichi OGAWA
It will be shit.

>Yamada mostly having main decisions about the key story points, Ishihara doing storyboards, lots of actual episode supervision etc
Yamada storyboarded more episodes on Eupho than Ishihara.

/thread

The one hour first episode of Hibike2 looks very Ishihara.

Yeah I think that Sully was overprojected. Also this weekend wasn't bad for Koe no Katachi. Can't wait for the Monday number update.

>Free
>bad
Everything else is spot on, though.

>T7S anime
>without YoneMai as character designer
What's even the point?

The three otaku blockbusters of the year.

The downward spiral of his career after he got booted from Kyoani is hard to watch

He started this moe shit, and this the motherfucking thanks he get?