Manga Thread

Is it a bad time of the night for a manga thread?

What are you reading? What have you finished reading recently? What do you wish was scanlated?

>Cred Forums - Anime & Manga
>0 replies on a manga thread

Just started Vagabond, after it sitting on my wish list for a while

On chapter 9, and it seems pretty forced atm - feels a little too try hard / edgy

Just started I am a Hero, been reading Berserk, One Punch Man(both versions) and It's not my Fault I'm Not Popular.

I wish there was more variety in Manga and Anime, so really I just want more things that aren't the usual "Main character who is, or is friends with, a waifu has a normal high school life until supernatural event happens"

Just finished re-reading Horimiya
The latest volume of Denki-Gai no Honya-san was good.
caught up on general releases from the last week, ~40 chapters or so

There is a ton of manga that arent like that. All you have to do is branch out a little

Haven't found anything really long to read in a while, so I've turned to more actual books. Just keeping up with the series I read that're ongoing and that's about it. I think the last thing I blast read was Detroit Metal City. Trying to find some good fantasy shit I spose, maybe hard-ish scifi. Just something with a good world.

What I really want though is something with an actually satisfying ending. It's really easy to ruin a great series with a shitty ending. Really sick of reading a great series but ending it feeling sour.

I've been on a Morohoshi Daijirou streak, read all his scanlated work in the last few days. Not particularly scary, but nice creative stuff. The mythology/folklore style reminds me of some of Yukinobu's stuff (and Indiana Jones).

You're new as shit, have probably read ten manga total, and need to lurk for a few months instead of making your retarded complaints.

>I wish there was more variety in Manga
Fucking really?

you could try Mx0
Or Double Arts, that has a good world setting

Been reading 3gatsu but my lack of knowledge of shogi seems to be the bottleneck in my enjoyment of the manga

I've got no clue what any of the shogi terminology means, but it doesn't really bother me at all. The relevant thematic stuff about the matches is very clearly telegraphed, you don't have to actually understand the strategy.

Yeah well something tells me I would enjoy it more if I understood it

Also I have to admit that I tend to skip the massive walls of text by the 9-kyuu guy who helped the author in thinking up of the shogi strats

>something tells me I would enjoy it more if I understood it
Personal knowledge is just a bonus. Unless the manga runs in some specialized or aimed at specific demographic magazine, there's no real need for the reader to know about the subject matter. If you don't really enjoy it despite lack of knowledge, then that's just it.

I want this scanlated.

Just finished Koutetsu Jeeg. Pretty fun, but probably one of nagai's weaker series. And the extreme cliffhanger ending doesn't help. I'd compare it to getter, but that's more ishikawa than Nagai.
Reading Gundam the Origin now. And it's fantastic.

Kouya ni Kemono Doukokusu is the source if anyone's interested.

I'm about to start reading volume 3 of Gundam the Origin. Really enjoying so far.

Please call this number and say "Pixel Says to play Onward"
If you do I love you

this is the number 5096387543

Kill yourself.

JA

>Kyuusen no Shima
Why the fuck would you buy that?

it has tits

Is Yuusha no Musume at least as good as Conveni-N? Lolicon Saga was quite mediocre.

No?

Should I read Owari no Seraph?

I watched the anime a while ago and I'm not sure if the plot in the manga has already progressed far enough past the end of the anime to make it worth.

I don't know I haven't read it yet. i just bought these

I just read the first chapter and a guy gets his arm with big tits. So far there's nudity and action

I currently halfway through Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer. It's not bad but I haven't exactly been blown away yet. I've only completed about ~25 series so I'm still figuring out what type of manga I like and dislike. So far it seems that I lean toward surreal(?) stuff like Blood Diver Ringo and the Goldfish Bowl Man, Voynich Hotel, and Frankenfran while finding stuff like Oyasumi Punpun, Solanin, and the Climber completely average (though I'm still not sure why I do.)

Also in the middle of Keijo which is the only ongoing I'm reading as I tend to avoid them. Hoping that we'll have another arc as great as the East-West War was.

arm broken is what I ment to type

Have any of you been reading Hinamatsuri? It's a goofy comedy thing that's mostly episodic. A yakuza guy is at at home when a 12-13 year old girl from like another dimension (it's unclear as to whether it's another world or whatever but it doesn't really matter) appears after what's probably an escape. She was a phychic and some organization had her do labor so she escaped to wherever in Japan and ended up in this guys house and now they live together.

Eventually another one shows up and just kinda sticks around as a homeless with other homeless people in a little homeless compound in the woods. It's weird how aimless the series is. Like, their's side character in middle school who gets gets a job as a bartender accidentally and nobody really treats it as weird, and sometimes her and homeless girl get their own chapters, rather than yakuza man and main little girl. But it does that without it feeling super all over the place. It's really silly, but nice.

I got a few volumes of this too

I finished the first volume. It's one of those soft core comedy series. you see the mom's tits more than the flat girl's tits

Rereading AoT again since it's been fuck long since I last read it so that I could catch up to it. Also recently finished 20th century boys and caught up to wotaku ni koi.

still want someone to pick up 14 sai no koi and kakegurui again (I know someone ripped more chapters)

what series is the volume one and two on the left?

sekitsui house

Got the first Blame! omnibus and have been slowly plugging through Dorohedoro. Reading those Gash Bell storytimes too.

>What do you wish was scanlated?

Everything. Man, I wish all my hipster tier manga would get translated. Over hundreds of manga read and maybe less than a hundred finished because they get dropped.

Finished reading through Kui Ryoko's previous works, which were collections of one-shots and short stories. She really knows how to tell creative, amusing, and heartwarming stories, that's for sure.
Beyond that, been reading through National Quiz. Shit's over the top hilarious at some points and I love it.

>So far it seems that I lean toward surreal(?) stuff
If you haven't already, give Ashizuri Suizokukan a read. It sounds like right up your alley if you're okay with a little experimentation.

I'm currently reading Medaka box, at v7 right now. I honestly wasn't very interested by the end of the first volume, but i kept trying since i've heard its good. Once Unzen was introduced it started getting a lot more interesting interesting.
I also love Kumagawa

If it's a hard scifi with a great world you're looking for, read Blame!

The world takes focus over the characters and it's quite a unique read.

This, there are so many stuff that I want to read and completed ages ago in Japan but no one seems to want to pick them up. Especially racing stuff (other than Initial D of course)

National quiz was fun as hell. I also liked how over the top everything was.

I suggest you to try Taiyou Matsumoto and Matsumoto Jiro works. Most of them has a really surreal, dream like feeling and the art style is unique. In Taiyou case the paneling is amazing and very cinema like, also the stories themselves are excellent.

Medaka box is fun as hell during the minus arc and the arc after that, but it goes downhill from there. There are great parts though, especially everything related to best boy.

As for me, I've been reading everything random lately. The last thing I really enjoyed of was Azumanga Daio. I avoided it for a long time because it didn't really seemed like my thing but the manga is funny af, also Osaka is best girl.
Please don't let the thread die I love manga threads.

just finished this and really liked it

does anyone know if the drama is any good?

I was expecting to drop national quiz pretty early, it was too much fucking fun to do so though

Just finished Saturn Apartments and started reading Soil again since Hox picked up the translation.

I watched the drama but couldn't find any torrents for it, so the files I downloaded were really small. Some blogger did make subs so that was a plus anyway.

It isn't too bad but they cut about half the series up a bit to make it easier to fit into the episode count it had, so some stuff is missing but it feels more appropriate for live-action. I'm not sure if it was the shit files I watched but it was also very dark looking.

>Just finished Koutetsu Jeeg. Pretty fun, but probably one of nagai's weaker series. And the extreme cliffhanger ending doesn't help. I'd compare it to getter, but that's more ishikawa than Nagai.
The manga is not by Nagai. It's by Tatsuya Yasuda.

>that shit-eating grin
Few mangaka have i seen that can pull it off well

>Reading Gundam the Origin now. And it's fantastic.
I had no idea there were scans online. Neat. I thought I'd have to save money forever to read it.

I cant find scans anywhere.