Princess Mononoke

What the hell was I supposed to take away from this movie? Seems like the humans learned nothing, unless there was nothing to learn. But it looked like they're saying you're free to just take what you want from whoever it doesn't really matter.

Other urls found in this thread:

nature.com/nature/journal/v535/n7612/full/nature18645.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming_controversy#Scientific_consensus
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendelstein_7-X
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Coexistence is impossible is the point. Miyazaki learned that after making Nausica

Yea but there has to be a point where people have to know to stop. I mean they were straight up trying to kill something they knew was the god of life and death. In their world they know magic is real and they know it actually was a god responsible for some sort of balance but they didn't even contemplate the possible repercussions of killing it.

>there has to be a point where people have to know to stop.
Is there?
People are still denying that climate change is man-made, or that Earth's natural resources are finite.

The moral is: Having a super strong arm is rad as hell unless it's also gonna kill you

I see your point, but I feel that the humans in the movie weren't fleshed out enough for me to feel any sympathy for them. Idk I guess it's just me but I wouldn't burn down a whole forest and kill a bunch of gods and animals for a handful of whores and people suffering from leprosy.

>they didn't even contemplate the possible repercussions of killing it
Welcome to human greed and gluttony. What do you think Ashitaka's curse was a metaphor of? They didn't care about repercussions because they were completely locked on that mountain-of-gold reward. That was the whole point. Man's greed destroys nature and most of us don't care.

>The humans learned nothing

Did you actually watch the movie? Did you take a piss during the ending when both Eboshi and San have new mentalities? And Ashitaka influenced and inspired the people in Iron Town?

>Fuckstupid biblehuggers are still denying that climate change is man-made
FTFY

Well, I don't think you were supposed to sympathized with most of them

How crazy would she be in bed?

nature.com/nature/journal/v535/n7612/full/nature18645.html

People deny climate change because there is no actual practical evidence that it is happening. Back in the 70's the big scare was global cooling. Climate change is a theory.

>Fuckstupid biblehuggers who are elected into office and influence policy are still denying that climate change is man-made

Even ones that aren't fuckstupid biblehuggers won't make any changes because there's no money in it.

>People who make money off climate change are convincing the biblehuggers that climate change isn't man made
FTFY

>there has to be a point where people have to know to stop
as long as there are people who can still net a profit off of it they aren't going to stop

I can't load your page for some reason. Can you load this?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming_controversy#Scientific_consensus

You were supposed to get a fetish for having a girl chew your food and spit it into your mouth

>there is no actual practical evidence that it is happening
I hope you don't actually believe that

>I got a chubby at that scene

People should take less from nature, respect it and leave it be. It's not some optimistic "let's be in harmony with nature and everything will be alright" message but it's close enough.

What the fuck is an interrogation mark?

It's what the Inquisition burns onto your buttocks.
It's quite painful.

Plotwise, outside of the message or morals, isn't it suppose to be about the dying out of myths and monsters?

Ashitaka's people were dwindling, and the forest was seemingly the last bastion of gods and demons. The wolf tribe dies out, the pigs grow stupider and wilder, the apes have resorted to eating humans and can't even get that done. There's no more challengers to man's authority and gods fade into folktales.

A kodomo here and there but they don't do jack shit.

The God of the forest dies, but in his last act restores nature and heals everyone. Ashitaka's last message is something along the lines of there needs to be a balance between nature and man. Lady Eboshi (who is hands down the most bad ass lady in all of anime. period) loses her arm because when she made an agreement with the emperor (because she had no choice really). Killing a massive forest god to her is like you paying your internet bill. Sucks, but has to be done. Her last words were she was going to rebuild Irontown, but this time do it better.

This is what humanity has been doing from the very beginning. We destroy nature to build, we die because of nature (usually lack of food and pandemics like the Indians...who by the way many scientist agreed chopped and burned down so many trees they likely started an ice age). Then we rebuild but do it BETTER. We starting to get the hang of renewable energy. We WILL master fusion (clean, safe, unlimited) in the next several decades EASY.

>We WILL master fusion
BUHAHAHAHA...you can not bend the laws of physics boy. This is not an anime.

Someone should be reading more news

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendelstein_7-X

>Seems like the humans learned nothing

That is the takeaway. Humans never fucking learn, or more accurately they learn, then succeeding generations forget, leading to an endless cycle of disaster and suffering.

>What the hell was I supposed to take away from this movie?
It's okay to fuck shit up, because in the end Nature will balance it out. Climate change denialism.

>I don't know what "theory" means

the word you're looking for is "hypothesis"

Climate change isn't man-made. Almost all research on the subject is unfalsifiable dogshit. It's based purely on statistical modelling, and the models they use don't account for all variables (like solar activity) and predictably, they fail to actually predict the future pattern. All models overshoot what actually happened. They all output a warmer planet then what we got. None of them predicted the 2 decades long stagnation in global temperatures we're through now.

You're just a gullible parrot.

>the 2 decades long stagnation in global temperatures we're through now.
So you are saying this image is false and NASA is lying to us?

The movie didn't have a moral. It only attempted to portray an aspect of human nature and let the viewer take from that what they want. That aspect being the relentless thirst for new stimulation, often in the form of technological progress or power, even though it might bring about ones own destruction.

Climate change is the obvious manifestation of this, and the one most people think of after they see the movie, not surprising considering the themes. But it's far from the only one. Another would be our desire to contact alien life, if it exists, even though we know deep down that alien life might have completely different values than us, and be hostile, meaning there's a very real threat it would mean our extinction. Another is the quest for general artificial intelligence, which similarly also could have the power and will to destroy us eventually. Yet we keep moving in that direction regardless, at a faster and faster pace. So many things about society and our progress can be described as an exponential growth. But exponential growth can never last forever, and in many cases it ends dramatically. Yet we are not slowing down, only further accelerating towards our own likely doom. And we neither won't or can't change, because as said it's simply human nature. That is what the movie tries to convey.

Climate change is a natural cycle that humans have little if any impact on.
Fight me nerds.

Most Americans are still in denial and think it's a Chinese plot (like everything else) to destroy America.

You aren't supposed to sympathize with them that's the point.

>"Wait, you mean I can't use my patriotic taxpayers dollars anyone to buy gasoline for my all-terrain I'm using everyday in town to prove I'm the biggest hardass around? BUT THAT'S THE AMERICAN WAY!! HEY THIRD-WORLDER, WHAT? STILL CAN'T GET A GUN? HAHAHAHA"
You average freedomer.

Females can be protagonists too.

>you should cripple your energy sector because a bunch of people that stand to profit told you to

>you should listen to the scientists paid by the energy industry on questions that may dramatically change the face of the world

You really think the green energy sector has more money and influence to sway the consensus on this issue than the fossil fuel industries?

Fucking really?

/threD

No, they've literally been brainwashed by people who profit off of fossil fuels into thinking it's a plot by the liberals, the muslims, the Jews, the UN, the EU, gays, blacks, etc. It doesn't really matter what they link it to as long as it's something that makes people angry. It varies based on whatever mood Rush Limbaugh or whatever propagandist is in.

Truth be told though, climate-change denial doesn't impress me half as much as believing TTIP or similar agreements are good ideas.
I mean, at least with climate change you can pretend that people are lying to you. But with TTIP the very core of it is obviously anti-democratic.

You forgot hyper-intelligent gentlesirs on Cred Forums.

You don't have any reading comprehension skills, do you?

First sentence:
>Since the 1950s, research stations on the Antarctic Peninsula have recorded some of the largest increases in near-surface air temperature in the Southern Hemisphere.

The article states:
>an absence of regional warming since the late 1990s

Then states:
>decadal temperature changes in this region are not primarily associated with the drivers of global temperature change

It's saying that the absence of warming in the last decade or so was due to extreme weather conditions. It's not denying global warming in general, you uneducated illiterate retard.

hey hey hey , watch your language.

Sorry, I forgot "uneducated illiterate retard" might be too complicated for some of the individuals in this thread to understand.

"Poopy dumb-dumb head" might be more on their level.