Obliged to wake up every week for 19 years to please 2 billion ungrateful readers

>obliged to wake up every week for 19 years to please 2 billion ungrateful readers

basically hell on earth

And still can't write for shit

let's see what you can do, then
right, i guessed so.

at least he can write for standard fighting shounen

>Obligated
The only obligated thing Oda does is taking breaks

I hope you guys realize the absurd amount of imagination and inventiveness that Oda has.
He's been going for almost 20 years, and there are many years still to come.
I mean, one person with his sole creativity has managed to create a huge, lively and vibrant world and kept it that way for years and years. Even when he felt like he was too tired to keep going, even when fantasy and creativity were lacking, he woke up and kept going. For us.
Truly a non ordinary man.

>Truly a non ordinary man.
Can we go so far as to call him a Japanese man?

>obliged to wake up every week
yeah, real life sucks

it is different when billions of people depend on you and you have to satisfy them to not throw away 20 years of hard work and insanely good crafted story telling

A lot of writers write for just one person. If they thought about it like you suggest then they would go crazy.

>billions of people depend on you and you have to satisfy them to not throw away 20 years
you can't satisfy bilions of people, you do your work if it's good it sells and will be known many years after your death

>you can't satisfy bilions of people,
Tell that to your mother.

What does the first sentence mean?
Maybe I undertstand, but do you think it's the case with Oda? Despite trying not to think to your fanbase, i think you're still filled with a sense of utter responsability and devotion knowing you have billions of people waiting EVERY WEEK to know how your story goes.
I know I'm repeating myself and i sound like a troll, but some times (being myself in the creative field) i stop and think at what titanic work and stress people like Oda are subjected to. Ok, he's millionare and everything and probably has help from lot of people but still, the story is his, the world he created as well. It's his duty to keep it alive every day of his life for decades, to keep up with a weekly release.
This is more work than any other mean of story telling, in my opinion.

she already knows, your mother did all the job, there is nothing left to do
goddamnit don't talk like a middle schooler

>I WANT TO BREAK FREE!

>implying he write alone

w-what if Shueisha is secretly a slave trade organization and Oda is their top cash cow?

lol
i missed that one

Is this Berserk ?

meanwhile

Ehhhh something something my back hurts? See you in half a year!

If JUMP was EU

Oda = Germany
Togashi = Italy

I can't imagine still having much fun if you've been writing the same series for this long.

>Germany is rich because Germans work harder than South Europeans

Maybe Togashi is rather Greece
Even Italians work harder than he does

only thing thats probably changed its the tv being a 50 incher

You mean Togashi lost his health insurance and his job because his government is corrupt?

>oh no I ran out of money, better shit out a volume and get paid a fortune by jump

How sad this is
Oda is mediocrity comparing to Togashi.
He works so hard while Togashi is enjoying long vacation and most of people say "one peace sucks, HXH is awesome"

Echo chambers dont count

Oda is hardly a poor dude but with an estimated net worth of about 20 million dollars, I think he should be richer than that

He could make billions in a single move by selling the rights to OP to DC.

He made 20 million dollar ANNUALLY

And that was 10 years ago

Selling it to Disney would make much more money

DIsney isn't as desperate for a successful IP.

Off-topic, but what does Disney owns in Japan?
I know that they have publishing rights of Studio Ghibli in the West, but that's it as far as i'm aware