Anyone else looking forward to Drifters?

Anyone else looking forward to Drifters?

Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.net/anime/31339/Drifters/characters#staff
youtube.com/watch?v=OZDGrL2bDOQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Bs7C_N3fsn0
youtube.com/watch?v=yufA8GVmmRo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's just Akame ga Kill all over again. Edgy teenagers will love it.

>Akame ga Kill all over again

3/10 I laughed

I do, even though i know it`ll be major disappointment production quality wise.

Mostly waiting for OST, since already read the manga.

I just hope we get to Sky God and his army of cat and dog people.

>manga is slow,then speeds up cause anime
>eventually scanlation give up cause they cannot compete
>never knowing what the manga ending is,and only having the shit anime ending and waste of time.

I've been hurt to much,and to many times senpai.

It won't be like Hellsing all over again, user. I'm certain, they wouldn't do that to us again

>It won't be like Hellsing all over again
Sure, this time the protagonist at least has a potential love interest.

Joan d'arc best girl as always

Good. Maybe Nips will stop being beta as fuck now.

Who?

Looking forward to the unapologetic edge and moefag tears.

Only new show I'm watching next season the rest is moeshit

Crossboarders sure are

So even if it's entertaining I'm still guaranteed to like it less than Hellsing. Gotcha.

Pretty much the only show I'm for sure watching.

>he only goes on Cred Forums
I feel sorry for you

That's not what crossboarder means

but they are both men

>Who?
Joan d'arc.

I'm talking about the holy virgin.

That's not really a love interest.

It was hinted that she harbors some feeling for him.

When?

When she wake up after being drown by him.

Wan't she just pissed?

I dunno. The OVA that was released like a month ago (which is basically episodes 1 and 2 of the TV show stuck together into a single OVA) looked quite good

Almost got me that time, here have another (you).

It's called tsundere.

Hard to tell with that looney little thing. I will say she looked a little wet in more ways than just the one after he pulled her out of the well and was eyeing her up. Though I doubt it'll actually happen it would be cute to see Joan crushing on bloodthirsty yet honorable samurai warlord.

Ye but he's beheadingsexual

Nothing will ever top the joy of slaughtering and decapitating wave after wave of armed men for him, but bear in mind he's also a hardcore traditionalist who values women and children outside of the battlefield, and refusing to take a wife could be seen dishonorbru to the pride of his clan. Or something like that. As far as I was aware most feudal warlords had several women and many children.

>scourge of god
>romantic feelings
Good joke

If anything, it's gonna be GATE all over again, except with Samurai instead of SDF servicepersons

I think it'll be bad but I'll watch the first episode.

It's a classic trope. The haughty girl is defeated by the MC, then later falls for him. It's too predictable.

Yasushi Ishii better be working on the OST. I'm still waiting on a full version of the song from the PV from ages ago.

He is working on the OST alongside Matsuo Hayato
Source: myanimelist.net/anime/31339/Drifters/characters#staff

FEEL IT!

>Not waiting Drifter ultimate

youtube.com/watch?v=OZDGrL2bDOQ

Sounds interesting, is it an op mc?

fuck off moefag

Not really, he just runs at things and swords. He uses resources pretty cleverly so he can sword more.

Pilot ep was pretty good

How much stuff will be added to those ovas for tv broadcast?
Thinking if I should either wait and go with the flow or start watching now.

>tfw they won't include the language barrier from the manga
Hope it will boost motivation to make more lewds of Jean.

In the OVA the elves and Toyohisa couldn't understand each other.

I'd like to see it before the heat death of the universe if that's alright.

Well, then ignore my complaint.
Instead I'll complain how they won't keep the character's respective language to emphasize the language barrier.

But didn't Olminu give them magical auto-translate tabs?

I remember Yoichi being miffed about this because it meant all the time he spent trying to learn elvish was a waste.

I just mean, it would give the anime-adaption a cool note, if it used actual multiple languages.
Auto-translate shit always feels so fucking lazy.
Also those Yoichi-pics do things to my thingie.

In the OVA the elves and humans were speaking some fake ass gibberish, you never hear any of the ends but we'll see.

tfw had to delete my Yoichi pics because of reasons and this is all I've got.

In the OVA, only Toyohisa, Nobu and Yoichi spoke Japanese. The elves and knights spoke some made up language (with jap subs on the left side of the screen)

To anyone who has read the manga, do any of the drifters besides the main trio get much screen time?

Yeah they get a good amount of screen time, except for Butch and Kid.

>except butch and kid
fuck

Why is he so lewd

> girl who looks like a dude
> dude who looks like a girl

they created a whole other language for the fantasy world inhabitants. I was surprised it happened.

Wait, wait, is Yoichi a guy? Really?

That's so hot

> girl who looks like a dude

Drifters Jeanne is CUTE.
Batshit insane boyish Jeanne is really interesting compared to how she has always been portrayed in any other media and series

She's prime bullying material.

Gotta cover all the bases.

There's also a girl with glasses and big tits and a stoic cake.

Well, it makes more sense for a girl looking like this to lead a bunch of unruly bearded men than in those portrayals though.

The real Jeanne Of Arc was allegedly a tomboy with some rocking tits judging from historical accounts.

>stoic cake
anastasia is 17

Didn't say the opposite, it totally makes sense, just that this kind of portrayal pretty much never happens usually.

>rocking tits

> anastasia is 17

She was? Damn.

> Jeanne was 19

Well shit, I learnt something today.

Boy is that some ye olde "too pure not for lewding?"

What does it means?

>We should learn from the Japs about history

She didn't have any sexual appeal. Meaning she was flat.

1-5 minutes added maybe.

So Hirano did do his research?

Nothing, it should be exactly the same as the first two episodes, except the OAV doesn't have the opening and ending, and it's in lower quality.

butterface

If they did the 1st two episode two month ago, then they must be ahead in their production. There shouldn't be a lot of QUALITY or none.

Get some taste.

Read the manga before talking, also kys.

>Hope it will boost motivation to make more lewds of [s]Jean[/s] olminipples.
fixed it

That's exactly what they said about akame ga kill as well.

You should compare it with Hellsing which begun in 1998 not with akame ga kill from 2010.

Now you're just making shit up, faggot. Everyone has always said both versions are cancer.

N O HIPS
O

He will once more descend upon us. And I believed they would use this song as anime's ED too, I'm disappointed.

youtube.com/watch?v=Bs7C_N3fsn0

muh

>that sword grip

You'd think nips of all people would at least get that detail right.

How the grip should be then fag

dropped

Like this, retardo

>takes a sample from rurouni kenshin
Autism is hard on you isn't it?

I don't get what you're implying but ok.

Is the manga any good?

Hellsing ultimate has the most amazing visuals ive seen in anime. however, it took them about 7 year to finish 10 episodes of hellsing.

this has 12 plannes ep. you think it will take even longer?

Hellsing Ultimate was a set of OVAs while Drifters is just going to be a TV series so it will take as long as a regular 12 episode series to air.

Nice, thanks.

Trailer looked sick as fuck, I'm excited

To be fair, the historic Jeanne D'arc use to crossdress to protect her virginity, and was kind of a dyke because she knew how to ride and did all kind of manly things, like sparring.

She didn't fight to not hurt people, but still, she was far away from prudish and timid.

That's the opposite of what that quote suggests.

Go to any kendo school and ask them for the proper way to grip a sword.

One hand at the bottom, separate from the other which should be right below the hilt. This way you can use both hands to manipulate the sword as if it were a lever, with one hand working as fulcrum, increasing the range of potential movements, without sacrificing strength.

I look forward to people calling it a SNK ripoff even if it came before.

>SNK ripoff
They're literally nothing alike, who the fuck is going to think that.

Olminipples

Do you see a katana on OP-picture, you disgusting pseudo-kendouka-weeb?
Do you know that you can use different grips even for a fucking badminton rocket?

The uniform, the speed and use of the thin sword.
Retards don't need more to spew their venom.

Katanas are all SnK references now?

Not to mention his is as large as his body.

There were people who called Code Geass a Death Note rip off. Idiots who've only seen a handful of shows only need one or two superficial similarities to claim rip off.

Fucking claymore and pacific rim got called SnK ripoffs, the former because muh lost technology, the later because muh giant wall to protect ourselves against giant monsters.

Anyone else see this and think that it looks like the art style of the Hellsing OVA, but with far, far less frames drawn?

Reminder that God himself is behind the anime OST.

Indeed, it's a TV series.

>katana
No one said it was and doesn't change the fact his grip is shit.

>badminton
Terrible choice for an analogy.

Toyohisa looks like he's gripping in that form to put all his strength into one strike. With that grip on the katana, it can be used to put the initiative but it's reckless as it put the speed of maneuver and yourself at risk from being able to counter. His style of course is not recommended within the long run of battles with a sword. Stronger, but leaves more holes.

It's about leverage you dimwit. Sure you can hold your sword any way you please, but to be a good swordsman, you're going to hold it in a way that gives you the best performance. If you have your hands separated you get more leverage than putting them together, this is a fact. Go read something

youtube.com/watch?v=yufA8GVmmRo

Do NOT lewd La Pucelle!

But even if you wanted to put your strength into one strike, hands together doesn't give you any leverage and probably isn't as strong a strike.

Y'all nigga's trying to make sense of dis weeaboo sword bullshit?

plz

It's neither. It's simple physics.

>Johanna von Orleans
>not wearing pants
This is bullshit.

>Being enraged by the no-pants
>Not a word about her hair being wrong.

user...

I'll probably watch it through the fight with Joan and Gilles, then lose interest like I did with the manga.

ME NO TOSHITE
FEEEEL IT
SONO NAKA DE

Oda is more the resource guy, IMO.

>TFW Hirano just combined characters to get new designs.
When will he stop ripping himself off?

What are elves for?

Not for raping, or Toyo will fuck your shit up.

Doesn't Toyohisa have a wife?

In the manga Toyohisa admits his sword style is basically 'kill them with your opening blow'. He tries to teach the elves and one asks what happens if their opponent isn't dead Toyohisa says 'prepare for a glorious death'. Essentially it is a kamikaze like attack, putting all strength into an opening blow and hoping it will kill the enemy.

But Hellsing had a love story.

Robber #2 and Mrs Victoria's corpse OTP!

Disgusting cowtit shit.

Don't obtuse. Seras and Pip kiss, are together forever. Integra and Alucard are a de facto couple. She even bit her ring finger.

I know, I'm just grabbing your goat.
But seriously, "Another time, another place" is the epitome of "well, it could never work anyway".
The count and "countess" have the same problem.

Love stories don't always have to end in marriage and rainbows they're still valid. Pip and Seras are literally eternal soulmates now anyway.