So tonight I'll sing, a song for all my friends, also to those we won't be seeing again

So tonight I'll sing, a song for all my friends, also to those we won't be seeing again.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1l-sWaSCI5A
youtu.be/ePv8h2aCcFA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm so fucking happy that literally anyone besides me knows this anime

I'm at ep 13 currently, it seems to get better and better every episode.

the show isn't obscure though. Why do nips have to ruin a decent story with mecha shit.

After all these years, still no screenshot of popo in the ad in the end.

Even though this was included, Gankutsuou is still a better adaption of the source material than the ealry 2000s movie and the french mini-series with Gerard Depardieu.

they didn't ruin shit you retard. gank is THE BEST adaption of CoM on any media, bar none.

>ruin a decent story with mecha shit.
Mate the duel was good and literally the only part in the whole anime where they were involved.

The duel and its climax were great. What wasn't was the animation.

>you won't see me coming
>till I strike!

What did he mean by this?

>tfw no space-turkish gf

Pretty much, it's just great. I'm sad I'll never get to watch it for the first time again though.

That no one will see him coming until he strikes

If you haven't read/re-read the novel imagining nakata jouji voicing all of edmond/counts lines then you haven't lived.

Lel, just finished this last night. Was really good. What do you guys think of the ending? Done well, or not?

That scene where the Count is first seeing sobbing and then laughing like the madman he is, is one of my favourite scenes in any anime and any medium period.

>mffw whenever Kaisho plays
youtube.com/watch?v=1l-sWaSCI5A

I refuse to watch this based on my love of the original novel. There's just absolutely no way this adaptation can do it any justice at all.

you're wrong. it's a great tribute to it, with an interesting twist (i.e. making the story from albert's perspective)

It's a great adaptation but yeah the book is 1000000000000000000000000 times better

I was actually pretty decent.

Try it out. Not like it's quality will taint the original in anyway

You'd be surprised. It's different enough to feel interesting and the changes and artistic liberties are well done.
Side plots are obviously cut considerably and some things concerning them were changed.

Your loss.

Madames et messieurs, bon soir

I read the novel first and I thought the anime was a pretty fresh take on it, but it's definitely a reimagining of the story not a direct adaption. I still recommend watching it.

The best twist for me was the portrayal of revenge physically manifested in dantes.

I love it too, and liked this animu.

>Kaisho
First rate track.

I was just like you, but then I gave it a go.

>you will never be as based as Franz

Was loved during its airing around here.

Best girl

the french miniseries was goat
gankutsuou is easily a second best though, most count of montecristo adaptation are just shit.

TO THOSE I KNEW

AND THOSE I STILL ADORE

Everything up until the last 2 episodes is great, then it goes and shits all over the ending. I'd still recommend giving it a go though. As long as you see it as a reimagining and not an adaption you won't get too mad.

despite being different it's honestly the best adaption of it

I guess so, but most of my friends are more into gateway shit and I'm kind of new

>Try it out. Not like it's quality will taint the original in anyway
But its QUALITY will.

AND I WANT TO SEE ONCE MORE

I JUST PRAY THAT YOU WILL
LOOOVEEE ME

This. The problem was not that it had mecha, the problem was the 2004 CGI the mecha were made with.

probabily one of the few anime actually deserving a 10 out of 10

My only complaint about it is that Edmond insisted on revenge to his last breath

Best scene in the show

youtu.be/ePv8h2aCcFA

>This fucking song
>Joji Nakata as the count
>That artstyle

Truly a feast for my senses

I'm glad Cred Forums still likes this show.

I watched it for the first time awhile ago and it was really great. When I first saw the count I thought the perfect voice actor for him would've been Joji Nakata and the anime totally delivered.

>tfw you realize that the guy speaking french was the revenge ghost alien

Goddamn right, that scene captures the very essence of Gankutsu oh