What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AyxOgud3VP4
youtube.com/watch?v=L744i6scE4I
youtube.com/watch?v=0qWnDqeXMhA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The second half

Making Mirage a main character all

More than 2 idols. The other three could have been bridge bunnies and nothing would have changed

Does anybody even know the three bridge bunnies names?

If the staff are on kool-aid about Windermere they should have dropped Delta Platoon instead of making them look like jobbers.

>What went wrong?
Having characters other than Hayate and Freyja. Literally what was the point?

everything

Literally just a few episodes in the second cour

Anime forums are just sort of echo-chambers, magnifying the shitposting.

I just realized that this show has no Kakizaki-equivalent character. The only major character who died in Chaos was Messer.

Mirage.

This is really true. I joke about M7 being the Basara show and the others don't really matter but what the fuck was the point of making the rest of Delta Platoon a thing

>I just realized that this show has no Kakizaki-equivalent character
I was expecting chuck to fill the Kakizaki role. But then he ended up doing nothing besides saying yes sir every so often and firing missiles one time.

Are you seriously fucking make this thread the same exact one as the last one? There was already fucking enough shit talking about the show and you're just repeating that shit again? Why? You got your multiple answers on what went wrong in the last thread. What a shit thread.

Delta was God awful. I know it. You know it. We all know it. Deal with it.

>[160928] マクロスΔ ワルキューレ 2ndアルバム「Walküre Trap!」[FLAC+CUE+BK]

IT'S TIME.

Idolshit. Delta should have been about two ace squads fighting each other with tons of dogfights and deaths and not shitty waifupandering. "Risking our lives on stage" my ass when cute girls have waifupandering armor.

Nothing major, you're just shitposting.

It won't sell and Delta is already as cashgrab-y as it can get.

>Maybe Mirage will be the 2nd wife thru time after Freyja pass on.

Holy shit. Some HayaMira shippers are insane. Do they really hate Mirage that much that they want her to pick up scraps and wait 10+ years for Hayate?

Mirage will move on and find a nice guy to settle with. Jesus christ.

>Thank god the bonus track is there.

Don't forget that most people on Cred Forums don't know anything about actuall relationships and normal interaction between human beings

>Delta should have been about two ace squads fighting each other with tons of dogfights and deaths and not shitty waifupandering.
That's part of what made Delta shit, though. Having two squads of aces means that you can't kill anybody off and no progress can be made. You end up with the same rehashed fights over and over again, which is boring as fuck.

>10+ years
Freyja won't last more than 5 years, she already has the space vitiligo.

Which one is the bonus? 12?

Some are pulling the sour grapes argument and shitting on Hayate instead. It's fucking hilarious.

>Does anybody even know the three bridge bunnies names?
no, but i know how is the kewt green.

>24 episodes of SHINIGAMI SHIROKISHI, where red and green lights make shapes in the sky with explosions behind them
>good

What? Aces can kill other aces easily, you just need non-shit writers for it.

Yeah, DYRL.

>Hayate
>relevant

Heinz, Keith, Roid and Mikumo were relevant along with Freyja. Hayate ended up being Freyja's dildo.

Track 12 is DYRL by Walkure. Anyway, Makina is way better than Reina

And you still end up with the same circlejerk. Ace vs Ace is only good for a short term thing. What else would you do apart from the circlejerk we got? Kill off one ace a week? It loses its impact after a while.

More so with Delta's focus on dogfighting above all else. There was never any genuine variation to their fights.

my body is ready

It's hard to put into words how disappointing this series was.

That would have only made sense if it wasn't for the fact that Walkure is much more popular than the show right now so if anything, it just proved how effective idols are to making money

>Freyja gets a bunch of solos
>Mikumo gets a bunch of solos
>Kaname has AXIA
>Makina has Onyanoko Girl

>Reina has Silent Hacker

Poor Reina. That song wasn't all that good.

>No Seikan Hikou by Freyja
Why.

Again, most of your complaints are writing problems, you make killing them off interesting by making the characters interesting, making the viewer actually give a shit when they die. Don't have a straight up MC, make it an ensemble cast so each character has equal importance. Variation to fights has to do with the conditions that fights happen under, the problem in Delta is that the fights happened under the same 2 conditions all the time, either Walkure was holding a concert and needed to be protected, or the Knights were attacking and needed to be fended off, which made it boring, especially when you knew no one was going to die so the whole exercise was pointless.

they spent actual money hiring Nao Toyama for that

>More so with Delta's focus on dogfighting above all else. There was never any genuine variation to their fights.
I genuinely forgot that VFs could go into battroid mode for nearly the entire anime. It was pretty much fighter mode the whole way through with little bits of GERWALK mode.

Who knows. Seems the protocolture (the main one on ragna) was destroyed so that should help Heinz and Freyja return to their original 30 year span thing, I think. We already know it was the protocolture that basically fucked them up so without that, they should be fine.

Anyway, whatever. Freyja WON and I'm happy. I'll move on from Delta in a week tops, you won't see me going 10+ years from now "oh wow Freyja is dying".

Gotta live in the moment, broski.

>A lot of things, but best girl Freyja WON and that's all that matters in the end.

>my ass when cute girls have waifupandering armor.
>says this
>Makina the only member in Delta other than Messer to get shot

>there were no breakdancing vfs
Fuck that shit. Wish they focused on Hayatte beating the shit out of knights by the POWER OF DANCE instead of FEELING THE WIND.

Nao Toyama as Reina even butchered her part in DYRL which is surprising since she already recorded it as Kanon

>The show can be shit as long as the right girl wins
And this is why waifufags are the cancer that is killing anime.

As opposed to the leeches that never pay for anything?

>>>/ANN/

>this show wasn't just the good guys spamming AMRAAMs and blowing up enemy bases with smart bombs gulf-war style

I want my money back

Are you implying that you pay for anime? What a pleb.

This version describes the show more effectively.

in episode 1 they started singing cringey shit. havent watched a single second of this piece of shit since then.

And she didn't die because cute girls are immortal.

I support the series I like and ensure more of the same gets produced, yes.

Whereas people like don't support series they like, don't care when the lack of market interest means that there's less reason to produce similar shows and then cry about anime dying because nobody makes what they like any more. Every time.

Nor did a lot of characters to be honest. Old men are immortal too, apparently. It's only men in their 20s that seem to get gibbed.

>The loli won in Macross
God bless Kawamori and Delta for being a series that's about breaking tradition.

Not breaking the tradition of being enjoyable show would help though.

>putting the stupid birthday song on the album

literally why

Too many goddamn colors, shit protagonist, Genius is a jobber, VF-31 felt like grunt unit.

>genki younger girl won worst by some margin macross
It's a curse, really.

TRADITION FAGS BTFO

Feels great. I so called it ever since episode 0.

Bogue didn't kill himself, seriously, we have six females, one being a clone and one being a dying idol, two manchildren and a inept captain and he alone whined about three times more than everyone combined.
He also couldn't protect a damn thing.

Mirage should have been a tensai loli

>That choice of still shot from the anime
>Spelling Walkure wrong
>Spelling Freyja wrong

can these people not do anything right?

Yeah I really don't get that, outside of that the rest of the album is pretty great. The only tracks I'm not a huge fan of are Absolute 5 and Onyanoko Girl. Silent hacker is also kinda meh.

You can see the traces.

Nice photoshop

>give a character Jenius backstory and not living up to expectations
>show absolutely nothing of it other than two lines and two stills.

u wot

So Freyja's going to die before Hayate is even 30? That's fucked, if they have kids they'll barely remember her.

Yet he's going to kill her off in 5-10 years, he's still a dick.

It's the scan from the MP3 torrent.

I like it. It's something I would play when it's my birthday because I have no one else to sing the song to me.

They'll remember Mirage.

They say Freyja's name in the song though.

Delta takes place 2059. I should be 68 by then, probably dead. Fuck, I won't even get to live to Hayate and Freyja confessing to each other.

Why is this allowed?

Is the Christmas Frontier album any good?

>Mirage
Who?

>Delta takes place 2059.
Frontier takes place in 2059. Delta is in 2067.

NOBLE CONFIDANT

MIRAJU

Let's be honest here. Meiya actually got a shit load of character development. Mirage isn't even Noble Confidant tier.

It didn't kill IBO

Who won?

For u.

>Delta is in 2067

I'll be 76 by then. Even more dead. I won't get to live into the Era of HayaFre meeting and falling in love with each other. I'll be a fucking fossil by then.

Fuck you, Kawamori.

Freyja isn't a loli.

I want to watch episode 16 on Freyja's birthday but damn I might sleep in the grave at that time.

She will become but a mirage as Hayate and Freyja fly further and further away.

Rumor has it that it was originally intended to be 1 cour + a movie which explains why the quality of the series takes a nosedive after episode 13

Confessions and no ambiguous shit.

It's not a rumor, it's a fact. It comes from the BD interview.

Hear the Universe is an outstanding song, in my opinion.

She even won over the SORA and KAZE. Sasuga hoina.

Someone should hurry up and update the winner/losers chart.

Mirage looking up at the sky crying and Hayate and Freyja flying off into the sky.

There are a few songs on Walkure Trap that seem like they should have been used a lot more, Hear the Universe being one of them. The entire album was heavily underused, except maybe the 2nd OP and the birthday song (for obvious reasons).

We'll all be dead by then, friendo. Kawamori fucked us over. We'll never get to live at the same time as Hayate and Freyja.

>delta died with Messer
:(

Kawamori in charge.

>Love Thunder Glow is the only good song in the album

Someone upload the bonus track to mf or something please

>mfw it's true

You have shit taste.

7 bridge bunnies the best

Episode 16 thread was filled with the tears and desperate post like
>There is 10 more episodes left! There is still hope for Mirage!

>What went wrong?
Everything but these two

Were the HayaFre scenes cute? I know there is no kiss, but did we at least get handholding? What was Hayate's reaction to her psoriasis?

I'll always remember Delta for what I really enjoyed in it, I.e. dancing valks, HayaFre, and the songs including that one instrumental track with the bagpipes. Fuck Saabs.

They were more relevant than most Delta's characters.

Hayate and Freyja was pretty bad.

>Absolute 5
>Onyanoko Girl
>Love Thunder Glow
>Hear the Universe
>Namidame Bakuhatsuon
>Walkure Ai Oboete Imasuka
>HAPPY BURSDAY

Maybe not as stupendous as Walkure Attack but the songs are still good.

It was extremely cute.

This.

Your butthurt gives this Boguefag life.

>DYRL being sang for only a few lines, then proceed to Star Song.
Feels so underwhelming.

I want Makina and Reina to make Bogue their sex slave. Like tie him up while they sing "my boyfriend is a pilot" close to his ear.

Here have some lewd.

You know what? Walkure should have been part of NUNS instead of Xaos. Seriously, get rid of Xaos altogether and have Delta Platoon be NUNS pilots who are good people but who believe everything their higher-ups tell them. All of the conflict would have been more interesting and intense this way, especially the bomb reveal.

wew lad

They really were.

It was very cute.

>Hayate first spilling his spaghetti trying to confess at the beginning of the episode but chickening out.
>He then confesses to Freyja in front of everyone.
>Freyja confesses that she loves him too.
>Hug scene in the middle of the battle.
>Hayate and Freyja fly off in Hayate's VF, both sitting on the front seat. Freyja is practically sitting on top of Hayate.
>Hayate cheers her up by reciting one liners like they did with Immeldads letter.
>He says Rune Pika Pika
>Freyja hugs Hayate
>Hayate holds Freyja's hand with the Windie flakes and says they'll be together from now on
>Freyja cries and says he better be ready.
>Magical flying off into the clouds together. Hayate's VF with golden wings and Freyja's pink trail of glitter from her rune.

It was fucking perfect.

I only wished Qassim would have been there to see this. He was quietly rooting for them after they talked.

No one getting shot down ever. There were good to great dogfights, don't get me wrong, but when only 1 named character, albeit fatally, and a hand full of mooks (i wanna say its

The second half wasn't fully fleshed out, so a lot of the episodes felt like they were written as a first draft. The same goes for the plot progression. You can feel with all the exposition that there are things that they wanted done and said, but hadn't yet spent the time to write it in a succinct way that would allow for more action (not necessarily VF battles) and drama

I WANT TO MAKE MIKUMO INTO A MOTHER

He was a good HayaFre shippers. ;_;7

Daaaaaaaw.

How about Kaname and Arad?

Not that it's a bad thing anyways. You can't go wrong with more Freyja.

>Arad

He'll watch over with Keith from Apple Heaven.

;_;7

>spoil
Freyjafag here, to be honest the triangle was onesided as fuck.

Nothing. They saluted as both got their dreams. They dropped that subplot because Kaname/Messer is too popular.

Honestly, I dropped it because I never cared about the windermere bs. If the show had had more Freyja, mechas and love involved I would've given it a nice 7/10

Sally and Miho Miho were especially excellent. Max truly had the best harem a man could ask for.

The scenes will make your heart melt. Then again, all their scenes throughout the show were well done.

So what albums should I be looking out for to get all the songs from Delta?

Who all died in total? I stopped watching halfway through.

and Mikumo, I almost forgot her.

Miragefags and LRD on suicide watch.

Yuri bait?

Walkure Attack and Walkure Trap. OP2 single if you want solo Giraffe Blues and non-solo Junjou.

So who won the Mikoomoh?

How can miragefags recover from this? But seriously, Freyja so good she can dodge loserflags and break tradition.

No one but she will live happily with her Walkure mother.

There was no interaction.

When everyone was being sucked into the fold network and remembering things it seems Kaname remembered Messer in the Jellyfish festival and then him dying :P

The exact frame when Delta died is when Kaname's heart broke into pieces, nice.

M-muh rune...

Arad got cucked by a dead man. He was on the smooth road to Kanamedom yet when everyone was having their "most important memory" moment, Kaname remembered Messer.

SHE ONLY 3 YOU TWAT REEEEEEEEEEEEE

All NUNSshitters got BTFO by their own weapons of mass destruction.
Messer killed by Keith in honorabu duel
Bunch of faceless ragnians by NUNS bomb (but the mercat teacher and fish sister survived)
Qassim died from scalecancer when he was fighting Hayate. Hayate desperately tried to save him (Qassim was his nigga, he had a nice bonding scene with him and Freyja).
Keith killed Roid when he well full Grace and held him as the place blew up around them. Keith saved the whole galaxy and ended up being the true hero of Macross Delta.
Flashbacks, Wright (Hayate's father) and Freyja's parents along with many others died because of NUNS forbidden mass destructive weapons (that they framed Windermere and pissed the Windies off) 7 years ago.

That's it. Named characters: Roid, Messer, Keith and Qassim.

>younger girl
>saved by MC with Valkyrie
>tripped on the stage
>sitting on backseat in the cockpit
>birthday episode
>wearing qipao
>get slapped
>still win

Walküre. Actually probably Kaname since she's the Walküremom. I can see Reina and Makina lezzing it up in their little lezhouse while Kaname lives with Mikumo and Messer's bracelet.

Should have been obvious after Kaname kept talking to Messer's bracelet as if he lived with her.

Kaname probably had a late love epiphany. Too fucking bad that Messer was autistic and tried to avoid her earlier.

Walkure mother? What are you guys talking about?

Is Freyja the Macross avatar of underdog now?

Mikumo is 3 years old and Walkure will adopt her.

Love! Thunder Grow! Was a good successor, to Pink Monsoon.

That said, still nothing to top Northern Cross, Shinkuu no Diamond Crevasse, Lion, Sayonara no Tsubasa, UNIVERSAL BUNNY, Elixir, and so on.

Will Messer live in the Delta movies?

Kawamori lacks the ability to properly balance his characters or pace.

He lacks the ability to understand that stories have beats and pulses they need to follow to keep it interesting, instead choosing to just do what he feels like doing at the time.

It's the exact opposite of what happened with Tomino in G-Reco, who dragged his feet too much at the beginning so that when the actual story started it was good but rushed, while with Kawamori his opening half was great but then he painfully dragged out the ending that didn't keep pace with how the opening started.

If you want some enjoyable but safe mecha to wash the taste out of your mouth, there will be a new episode of MJP airing next week.

She's the team's caretaker. If one of them had a cold she'd be the one making them chicken soup and reminding them to drink a lot of liquids.

You forgot Gramia.

He might if Delta gets a 2-cour movie treatment like Frontier got. He won't if Delta only gets a single movie to it's name.

It sure seems that way. What could've killed him for good was Kaname moving on and getting together with Arad but I suppose the creator's didn't expect MessaKana to get as popular as it got.

If Guilty Gear can be included in the realm of anime, then we've got precedent over fully developed 3 year olds becoming mothers

After Messer's and King Gramia's death? The totality of NUNS Earth forces of the sector (fitting end, seld destructed by their own nukes), some fodder, Qassim, Keith and Roid.

I have no idea when you drop it but the "keith will take down roid" shit was foreshadowed since episode 15.

Yeah, it slipped my mind.

Roid secretly killed Gramia after the battle with Elysium

It's not like Arad even tried, he was just another extra barely more relevant than Chuck.

I suspect both Messer and Keith might live in the movies (so they can fight side by side in the end). Maybe Arad and someone else will be killed.

This

One of the first yuri couples I have 0 problems with

Please. Arad should have died instead of Messer.

Kaname probably just had a crush on him which completely died down after she found out he kept things from her.

>win

(lol

Because they aren't a couple, it's just yuribait.

>when you realize the only named character Delta Squad killed was Bellri

I sure hope the Walkure hire Windies as their future bodyguards.

If the Madman wanted to break the "younger girl never wins" tradition, Mikumo should've been the winner.

Bogue sure did a good job at protecting them this ep.

>Hayate confessed to Freyja.
>not win
Whatever you said faggot.

Yeah, I think the same. And actually I think the original plan was actually getting Arad and Kaname together.
But MessaKana stronk.

This is so much better than TV and Movie Frontier's shit.

Hayate kills that Windie rookie in episode 6.
Keith kills Messer in episode 10 and Roid in episode 26, and dies holding Roid.
Roid kills King Gramia in episode 13 (we found out later it was him who killed him).
Qassim dies to those frosty scale windie cancer in episode 22.
Mikumo solos the NUNS forces who blow up by their dimension eaters.

So, the entire Delta to me is just portraying how Japan should have won WW2. Just take over China, a few islands, and then kill off the generals who wanted more war and sue for peace while Japan is still ahead. That allow Japan to keep all its territories, same as with Windermere seemingly keeping ownership of the planets they have taken.

Bravo. The first pro-war Macross TV series.

Dat blush when he rescued his Mistress and Makina (his future other Mistress).

Bogue a best.

Windies look pretty European to me.

>He lacks the ability to understand that stories have beats and pulses they need to follow to keep it interesting, instead choosing to just do what he feels like doing at the time.
Which is weird because this tends to work well for the first half of his shows

One of the MVPs of the ep. I'm glad he has gone back to how he used to be as a kid.

>Windies look pretty European to me.
Only skin deep, their government structure is basically Imperial Japan during WW2. The Emperor having power but the Generals are the ones running things.

It wasn't even a love triangle to be honest. It felt like Frontier all over again just reversed. Except they actually gave Ranka a chance in Frontier and screentime. Mirage is literally a fucking mirage. What was the point?

What a fucking horrible ending. It was literally my worst case scenario when thinking how badly this could have gone.

Fuck Delta. Couldn't even kill off that one dude's sister. Predictable till the end.

Gotta make sure the shitposting direction is clear and understood. Can't have someone else accidentally make the thread first and indicate a positive or normal posting direction otherwise shitposters won't get the discussion moving in the direction they want. Its all about making sure the right signals and intents are conveyed to fellow shitposters hence the generic lead off of "what went wrong?" as opposed to "Finale thread here get in!" or something slightly more neutral sounding sending mixed messages

Now that the dust is settled, can we safely say Delta is the best Macross series of all time?

Anyone else think it was odd that the white Drakens were the baddies? I thought the Knights wanted their wings cleansed and they still sport darker colored valks.

Back to the salt mines.

I laughed when Fish-sis showed up like "I'M OK!"

I wouldn't call it the best, but it certainly has the best couple.

Bogue is a miracle of the universe.

It's better than Zero. Probably tied with 7 and Frontier.

>freyja doesn't die
>no kiss
>no DYRL
>no resolution
>power of friendship solves everything
>badguys arbitrarily turn good at the last second
>cliche plot devices

I actually cannot think how this could have possible gone worse. I'm being honest, not even shitposting. This could not have gone worse.

The second cour were pretty lame, still love Delta because it has Freyja.

>Wants Freyja to die

Kys

Frontier is still the best for me..

>Macross Delta died with Messer
>Aquarion EVOL died with Jin

Keith died?!
Fucking Shit!
This is the worst Macross I've ever watched.
but some songs were very good, as Macross tradition dictates.

Earth gov could have formally apologized and ceded formal control of the entire sector to Windemere as reparations.

No, you're an ignorant fuck or have zero reading comprehension.

It would have been like Japan in WWII if Japan was innocent, peaceful and oppressed country that dealt with aggressive and invading imperialist colonists in their island who randomly dropped the nuclear bombs and blamed that shit on them, before they got into war.

Windermere isn't like Imperial Japan in anything but your fucking bad parallels. They have always been portrayed as asshole victims who were crusading because the justice was denied on them and, in their quest, stomped someone on the way. Not as greedy fuckers. Those were always the NUNS in the show.

>plot device used throughout the whole series to make you feel sympathetic towards her character
>never gets resolved, pure bullshit all along
Sorry for wanting decent storytelling.

What shall we call this kind of ending? Cockpit ending? Fly away ending? No kiss ending?

Shame though. Best Macross couple. No kiss at all.

Onyanoko Girl is so good, teddyloid does it again.

This guy knows what he's saying..

>Ranka

That was Mikumo. It's Frontier but with Sheryl a couple of years younger.

>Freyja dies
>Decent storytelling

Whatever you say miragefag.

>It would have been like Japan in WWII if Japan was innocent, peaceful and oppressed country that dealt with aggressive and invading imperialist colonists in their island who randomly dropped the nuclear bombs and blamed that shit on them, before they got into war.
That's exactly how they see themselves, they have a huge victim complex over the whole thing.

>No kiss at all.
I fucking hate MUH PURITY.

She will die pretty fast, they just didn't show it. The last scene where she shows Hayate her flakes cancer pretty much says that Hayate is ok with living with her for whatever little time she has left.

I feel fucking betrayed for defending Kawamori holding off on Lady M reveal for so long and we never figure out who she is

He died with his bro saving the Galaxy. It's sad but at least he didn't die an useless death like Messer.

>It's Frontier, but with Sheryl a couple of years younger

Haha, no. Not even.

They probably fucked in the cockpit after the credits ended.

Earth government was BTFO of the sector. They have no claim anymore. They can't even negotiate on equal terms because they used forbidden weapons, so they'll be lucky if the entire galaxy doesn't turn against them. Windermere cleared their problem (killing Roid themselves).

And his reason to hate Walkure's singing was.......
because his entire family was killed by a dimensional weapon dropped by NUNS/Immelman??

>defending Kawamori
Why the fuck would you do that?

Making Mirage main character and they focus on Messer Arad and Kaanme for fuck reason instead of the goddamn story for the first half.

Sounds like you have a problem, amerifat. This is JAPANESE fiction.

Even the curse being broken would have been better. Anyone who knows even a tiny bit about storytelling knows you don't use a very important plot device for the entirety of a narrative only to leave it unresolved.

I think he's talking about loser. Ranka got an actually romantic moment with Alto while Mirage's not.

And if Sheryl didn't show her tits off so often.
I doubt she'll die fast. Heinz has been singing for years with flakes all over his body and he's still alive. Worst case scenario, Freyja has about 10-12 years to live.

He obviously hated it because he loved it. He was tsundere. Look how he attacked Reina after he got a boner for her. He couldn't deal with liking the enemy song.

Not american, but it's annoying, they paint themselves as this poor, oppressed country unjustly destroyed by white imperialists despite all the awful shit they did during WWII.

Not best, but definitely better than Frontier if you weigh the entire thing evenly. Hopefully the inevitable movies clean up that second half a little better. (I liked the second half too, but not nearly as much as the first)

Flakes are only deadly when they spread to the face according to the info they gave us on Febri (it's because it reaches the brain). Both Heinz and Freyja will have children, don't worry.

Cry more, NUNShitter.
Keith saved the galaxy.

>if you weigh the entire thing evenly
The whole second half being an incredibly slow shitfest already puts it behind frontier.

How flakes affect their body?

The ending is still super sweet without a resolve. This potential resolve all came from the words of a madman who died in the end. Her short lifespan and flakes weren't for sympathy, since Freyja was already incredibly likable before the revelation of her short life. Her flakes were there to show how dedicated Hayate is to her. He holds her flaked up hand and doesn't give a shit, he'd still be with her.

>Flakes are only deadly when they spread to the face according to the info they gave us on Febri (it's because it reaches the brain). Both Heinz and Freyja will have children, don't worry.

This. The flakes only become harmful when they reach the face and brain. Freyja and Heinz should be OK and going back to their original 30 year lifespan as long as they don't mess anymore with protocolture shit.

the first half of frontier was shiiiiit though

>Her short lifespan and flakes weren't for sympathy
Except they were. They need some sort of plot device to make the viewer like her character, and the cheapest and most proven method is to add some sort of tragic element to her. Lazy but effective, as they knew her character could not stand on its own merits.

I'm not so much disappointed by the weak storytelling as I am the fact the poor payoff did not make the series worth it in the end.

Messer was killed by Keith-sama.
It wasn't a pointless death.

they didn't just add it to her though, it was a whole entire race

>as they knew her character could not stand on its own merits.

I don't know son. The majority of us like Freyja because of her attitude and overall charm, not because she would die earlier than everyone else. To each their own.

Idolshit. I dropped it in episode 1.

Holy shit, how could they go from Sheryl Nome to this?

You can't like Freyja-dominated Delta but then shit on Frontier for its school life episodes.

I'll come clean and admit that I liked it more because i'm a Freyja-fag.

Frontier and Sheryl are still GOAT to me

>they knew her character could not stand on its own merits.

Miragefag confirmed. But again, everyone already enjoyed her character before the lifespan issue was even revealed in episode 4. Even afterwards, a vast majority of us were already convinced she'd get a lifespan fix and we still liked her. Don't pretend like her character is only good because of her lifespan, she was good since the beginning.

She was suffering from accelerated flaking, same as the Windemere knights and kings. The populace were generally omitted from this concern, as they weren't the targets of protoculture singing and their soldiers weren't exposed to it for prolonged periods of time during the war.

It was pretty neat actually.

Yes, it was also a tragic element for the enemy. It wasn't just some random detail they added, it was critical to the story. Freyja especially. The fact it was unresolved baffles me from a storytelling standpoint. Perhaps the movie is meant to fix it, I really have no clue. The plot for Delta was all around completely fucked. And let's not even go into the pacing.

But Freyja focused episodes are better than school focused episodes. Especially since she has Hayate to interact with. Their relationship is precious.

You realize that Sheryl and Ranka were pop idols still, right? They just weren't in a group.

It's some kind of fold/crystallization process. Like Sheryl's virus is only deadly if reaches the brain.

>Keith saved the galaxy.
From his own fucking government.

You like Freyja because you're a waifufag. Thats all Freyja fags, thats her whole fanbase. If you didn't instantly attach yourself to her GORI GORIness within the first five seconds of exposure, then you were never really given reasons to appreciate her character because she barely has any character development.

Same thing goes for her romance with Hayate. It literally does not evolve from the first episode. Thats fine for everyone who loves their pure teen romance, but critically speaking its devoid of the kind of development that makes a believable relationship.

Well, it was said he was a reason to be like that.
"To be like that" is His hate to the bone for Walkure's songs, and if the reason for this is what happened to his family then.... it's incoherent and absurd.

>Miragefag confirmed
More like decentstoryfag. They did an even worse job with Mirage than Freyja, and that is saying a lot.

From Roid.

Heinz is a good boy now.

>muh fix

Quality of life > Quantity of life

Lmao so true

Like with a lot of things in Delta, I get the feeling they wanted to go one direction at the very beginning, but changed their minds during the time the series was airing.

The very first episode and the first few after that had a very different feeling and seemed to want to go in a completely different direction to me.

I figure they just threw everything out of the window and went the other way.

All I can say is this better not be the actual ending to Macross. What a terribly unfortunate series to go out on.

>The plot for Delta was all around completely fucked.

Macross stopped having decent plots after SDF.

Damn dude. That looks so cute.

Why didn't we get more genki Mirage who wanted nothing more then to fly and enjoy herself?

I think the main story was paced well in the first half, but the second half really lost it hard. It's why i'm really hoping whatever movie comes of this fixes that shit.

And yeah, it would be nice if they explained the flakes more than just their increased sensitivity to fold waves makes them die faster.

Can;t tell you until subs. I can assure you I will when I get them

Expectations crushed her hopes, dreams and her smile.

So who was Lady M?

Because Mirage was a forced afterthought by the sponsors. If she weren't the granddaughter of the legendary pilots, nobody would give a shit about her. Everyone would dismiss her as an asshole trying to inject herself into a relationship which had no place for her.

my dick

I mean, it's really predictable that she would live. You didn't even get to see her dead body which means a huge possibly of surviving.

If only they kissed in that position.

Mirage is the huge definition of bad writing and you fucking miragefags like her. What do you consider yourselves for liking a badly written character?

Someone important who turned out to be not important to the plot at all.

>I get the feeling they wanted to go one direction at the very beginning, but changed their minds during the time the series was airing.

It was suppose to be only one cour + a sequel movie.

But with how things turned out, they basically ordered another cour but had no more budget and no direction, so they just dragged things as long as possible.

Which is a shame, because the first half of Delta was great.

Hmmm... I see.

Well, in all seriousness I think there's no point in arguing about this. I liked Freyja and HayaFre, as did the majority of the fanbase and I think that speaks for itself. However, I accept that people will always have different opinions on things and that's fine. What worked for many of us, may not work for you.

I'll just keep on enjoying my happy Freyja and HayaFre ending.

There's a pretty clear progression in the first half of her realizing her feelings for him, then getting overwhelmed by them, and then being committed to them. The second half squandered that by holding the progress reached by episode 13 all the way till the end.

I'm not a Miragefag. In fact, I don't think she should have existed in the first place. Her existence made Messer's unnecessary.

I'm happy but it's sad that all the caps are raw fags. Where the fuck is the episode?

I hope you guys have been following Kuromukuro because it looks like it's gonna have a good ending unlike Delta.

Lady M
Lynn Minmay

Probably not though. Berger's implication didn't make sense to me really. So Chaos picks up Megaroad 01's transmission, finds them and then makes Minmay the leader of their paramilitary outfit??

What was your reaction when Freyja got her happy end?

I was overwhelmed with joy for her.

>realizing her feelings for him

They never progress beyond the handholding stage.
Freyja's feelings for Hayate can be best summed up as her hair heart thing goes doki doki rapidly at the pace of actual sex.
Hayate's feelings for Freyja can be best summed up as constantly rescuing her from life or death situations because shes really pleasant to be around.

Their relationship does not evolve from the first episode, but you can dismiss that as my personal opinion. But objectively, it does not evolve past the first half of cour 1. Now that doesn't mean you're not allowed to like her, but I am allowed to not automatically praise her glorious name.

Why did they show this in the last episode? For no reason?

>he didn't follow
The folks picked up the signal. Xaos starts up under Lady M who hadn't been around until then. The supposition being that Lady M became active then because she has something to do with MR1 or was in fact from there

So you could have a bit of sympathy for Mirage.

To confirm that a pilot who was absolute ass at her job in the paramilitary has left the military life and recognized that she sucks forever.

I'm cool with that.

I've only seen the first five episodes of Delta and I've done so while stoned off my ass. This is supposed to be how you watch it, right?

>M-mirage is only relelvant because she is a JENIUS!

>picks worst girl
>picks Mirage another worst girl
You just cannot catch a break bruv

Anyone else like delta's DYRL more than the original?

Its funnier if you start asking where she got the money to start her own company.

>implying she is relevant
>implying her being Jenuis is just fucking the good family name yet again
I feel sorry for the Jenuis blood line. How could such talent end up like this?

>implying I give a shit about mirage
>implying a reaction image means I'm an asukafag

It was stalled a little later than episode 13. In episode 14, Freyja and Hayate indirectly kissed. Episode 16, Hayate acknowledges Freyja as more than friend and makes it snow for her. Episode 17, Freyja makes Hayate blush, though he fucks it up with his one comment and of course finding out he's Hitler's son. Episode 18, he tells Cassim that he and Freyja can make whatever time they have as great as possible. That's where their development was put to a stop until episode 25, when Hayate openly showed her the things he got from his father.

>implying those points weren't infered
What about it,buddy?

so why did they bomb windies?

The last good thing he's done was Escaflowne and that was two decades ago.

>bonus track is Do you remember love sung by Walkure

YES

>Like with a lot of things in Delta, I get the feeling they wanted to go one direction at the very beginning, but changed their minds during the time the series was airing.

Because the director said they were going to make a third party appear but eventually dropped the idea, so they just turned NUNS into bastardy evil people and made Roid crazy and call it a day.

Epsilon was likely going to be the third party and the plot was dropped.

I never really liked the original for some reason but really enjoyed this one.

I was on the verge of loudly chanting Rune Pika Beam throughout the house if it hadn't been for my roommates.

I can't believe this episode felt too rushed.

>What went wrong?
Freyja a shit

So you think we'll get two genki girls in the next love triangle?

He did the Nivash-design for Eureka 7. That's why there is a huge reference in the 2nd Frontier movie.

Guessed they realized that they already had too many characters.

Which VF is that?

Is it really that surprising?

Stay mad miragefag. I feel bad for you.

off yourself you shit tasted baboon

That felt like such a hand wave

>Corporation makes VFs based on the old Anti-UN designs, hinting at links, at least in spirit to Anti-UN factions
>lol, they're just in it for the profit.

You do realise that this is in a flashback scene, right? You can see loli Mirage's head. It's probably her parents' company and what got her into flying.

VF-9.

Probably Mirage's mother's.

Her grandmother's VF 9 (Millia)

God Bless You and Absolute 5 are really good.

Been replaying these 2 for hours now...

Because they changed their minds.

>Because they changed their minds.
Delta in a nutshell.

>MESSER KEKED ARAD FROM THE GRAVE

HAHAHAH

Arad even hasn't tried to be more than a friend.

IF they can write two genki girl in one triangle this will automatic a masterpiece

Kawamori is such a fucking retard at writing but it's even worse when it's about romance.

>It's probably her parents' company
Mirage's father is supposed to be a doctor.

subs when ???

are you crazy?
This would only serve to attract more cancers and retarded shitposters as freyjafags and rankafags

Rune Pika song is better than Seikan Hikou. Delta's OP1 is better than Frontier's. God Bless You and Giraffe Blues is better than anything Sheryl and Ranka made.

sky knight???

>he has to mention Ranka otherwise no one will agree with him
Freyja was great, the only dirt you have on her is guilt by flimsy association

youtube.com/watch?v=AyxOgud3VP4
youtube.com/watch?v=L744i6scE4I
youtube.com/watch?v=0qWnDqeXMhA
not topped.

He should have kissed the hand with flakes on it. But holy shit them ending up together felt satisfying. Best romantic end in Macross series.

Don't get me wrong, the series was shit and the ending sucked- but I'm sad that it is over. Especially if this really is the last Macross series and he isn't lying this time.

Even if it was garbage, it still had a charm to it.

HOLD UP

Is this the first full series (not an OVA/movie) where no one sang Kyuun Kyuun?

Mother's company then, whatever. Either way it was a flashback and something that should have been expanded on beyond a 5 second sparkle. It might have given Mirage a modicum of development.

>Mirage wearing a Fire Bomber, bomber jacket
Cute as fuck. The only way they can make up for this is if they did covers like they did with Ozma singing Fire Bomber songs.

They're all so fucking good.

Freyja won, friendo. Hayate will be fucking that little Hoina day and night.

Based Shitake, I remember she was the first artist who create HayaFre tag on pixiv.

Tomato?

It's just Fanservice. They've no idea about they're doing with the characters.

Frontier as a colony was far more interesting and expansive than Ragna, or anything in the cluster.

You had a few glimpses of each planet, but you never saw anything half as fun as the Zentradi mall or Frontier's general cityscape.

Either tomatoes or apples.It looks to me more like tomatoes.

That's a nice image
>mirage was once a happy qt who wanted to fly
>became a stick up the ass autist no-fun-allowed
Sad

about what*

It's wasted potential, that's what annoys me the most about this series.

It sounds like Sheryl's illness so I'm going to assume there's already a cure and every Windie will take it.

Y'all just know he'll release his buccha Gori Gori in Freyja's hoina.

I think perhaps that was intended. Just like in things like Sidonia the area is an intrinsic part of the story that deserves its own focus. Ragna was just a planet. It wasn't essential to the story at all.

>Tomato
For back when some people were hoping that he was carrying a bushel of tomatoes in the cockpit or Kaname's birthday strawberry cake when he got SHIROKISHI'D, I suppose.

I think i would have been less annoyed if this wasn't called a "macross."

The show had too many character

Shitlord kishidan was a mistake

>salty aradkaname shipper

It's true, all the couples the bridge bunnies supported ended up sank.

Shikate is our resident HayaFre artist God. I love them.

Seems like a bit of a waste when the story was so bland. The world around it was non-existent as well. You never really got a feel for the worlds. They were just staging posts for Delta and the Aerial Knights to have their pissing contest in the sky before one side retreated.

You never really got a feel for the worlds they visited. Fuck, even though you never saw Macross Galaxy and I felt more invested in it than Al-Shahal, Voldor or any other planet in the cluster.

I thought the cat people were incredibly fun actually. Ragna wasn't so bad either because the first episodes had Hayate and the fish kids swimming to catch that mercat.

It's a good day to be a HayaFre and MessaKanna shipper. Finally vindicated.

yup

>break tradition
>ruin franchise in the process

the taint that Delta will leave on Macross will be like the skin cancer growing on Freyja's hand.

Ironically enough both will be dead in about 15 years as well.

What's nips reaction to this rushed ending?

>Hayate is now officially licking and kissing Freyja's rune
What a time to be alive.

>all these tears

>salty aradkaname shipper
I despise this fat lot of nothing Arad, you're good at being a retard though.

Finally a good ship
HayaFre wins

>finally

>shipping a corpse with a living person

They would have ship Kaname and Arad if they had time.

Cancerous male lead fucks cancerous (both literally and figuratively in this case) female lead. I hope they both go full Minmei into a black hole.

Freyja won? Time to pick up this show again.

mirageshitters on SUICIDE watch

Feels good to be a Freyjafag. Congrats fellow fags, and now we wait for glorious HayaFre wedding/sex fanart.

>Kaname's most precious memory that wants her to stay in the hive forever is Messer

Arad and Kaname sank when he lied to her.

Forever a weak, cowardly useless shit.

NUNShitters and Miragefags were BTFO through all the second cour. It was glorious.

You are right, whatever bridge bunnies shipped - it was their delusion.

Except Arad didn't give a fuck about it. What ship? there never was more than friendship between them.

Sure but as you say, that is an issue with execution not intent.

Same as here.

More HayaFre doujin WHEN!?!?!?

There were already a few HayaFre doujins ever since the series started airing but now that it's a confirmed win, here's hoping.

It's the only thing that makes it all worthwhile. Oh and this:
Fuck NUNNERS

Why so salty user?

>Forever a weak, cowardly useless shit.

Lel. Being this desperate. You do realize Freyja was the one to blow away the mind control network AND the one to reach Mikumo and bring her back to Walkure and motivate Heinz to sing and bring peace? Her feelings reached both Mikumo and Heinz.

>Delta is better than Frontier they said.

>expecting anything doujin wise of worth from Delta

The time of artists is valuable and given how shit Delta did in general I doubt we'll get anything of worth at any point in the future.

Actually I bet we'll have a Walkure Futa doujin before the year is out. Freyja getting slammed in the ass by KumoKumo's futa cock would be glorious.

Mirage is ugly and loser.

The only time I ever saw a "confirmed win" generating doujin was NaruHina.

Porn artitst care more about bald fat men than anything else.

Confirmed HayaFre will inspire more doujins. I know @glmin_Delta is releasing one with a HayaFre wedding for the next CK.

Why so unoriginal? Seriously am I suppose to just curl up in a ball like Freyja. So Mirage didn't win oh well at least she's not a shit character and it doesn't change my opinion of Freyja.

>Freyja is better than Sheryl they said.

Literally who?

Quite the edgy meme you got there

No, it was hack writing that managed that.

>Delta movies
Chance for a movie are gone with the movie being the 2nd cour.

Freyjafags are perfect examples of why the anime industry is so fucking bad. You don't care about the story, you don't care how fucking bad the show is, you are happy because she got her happy ending.

For the record, I've taken neither side. It's just pathetic how people eat up garbage just because of waifuism.

Wait, Heinz isn't going to pay for his war crimes?

Who in there right mind would even take that thought into consideration?

>Impying Mirage deserved to win
>A character with minuscule screentime, revelance and development
>winning

pfftttt HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm just checking the older threads and i saw a lot of this.

It'd be nice if we could get a movie just retelling the second cour of Delta. It'd have a better pace, more info and best of all, we could see Mirage getting BTFO a second time.

What war crimes? Heinz ended the war plot by calling out peace negotiation.

Windermere won.

HayaFre was cute but no tension triangle wise. Atleast Frontier did dying girl drama right and there was some tension with the triangle.

HayaFre is like Alto/Sheryl-lite.

It is heck writing that created your waifu and characters that you like. Everything you like is fake and you exist because your father cheap out on condom

Did you even watch the episode?

They're kind of even. Frontier has space bugs and school setting that nearly ruined it. Plus you're both my wings ending is the worst thing ever. Delta suffers from shit pace in second half and stalled romance. Both have an even amount of pros and cons. Delta has a better couple though. Hayate > Alto.

Yeah, let's forget about that mindcontrol thing and laugh at Miragefags

Because they didn't want melodrama.

>I haven't read the thread

Everyone knows it was a shit show after the first half, a character winning by the end is the small amount of happiness that's left in the series. Shoot yourself for needing this explained to you and for attempting to call yourself a passive bystander. You are worse than Freyjafags and Miragefags.

You can just sum it up as waifufags being the only people keeping the industry going.

Well I guess you just shat on everything in this thread didn't you? Your post gave me windcancer.

Freyja is nowhere near Sherly's level as a character.

Is Kawamori going to be in any conventions in the near future? He deserves to be booed.

If you don't like it fuck off back to /m/ and bitch about Cred Forums for the billionth time :^)

Mindcontrol thing was never said to be a war crime in the show. Just something morally bad. What was a war crime and presented as such were NUNS use of dimensional eaters. That's why they wanted to do it behind everybody's back.

Var experimentation seemed Ah-OK. Because they also do it without actual consequences in Macross Extra (not Windermerians though, humans).

Alto > Hayate.

1st post got BTFO. After what episode was this?

>Mindcontrol thing was never said to be a war crime in the show. Just something morally bad.
The issue isn't just the mind control, but that Windermere has four planets that are very mad at them and that if given the chance, they would fight back and burn Windermere to the ground. NUNs has nothing to do with it at that point, just local conflict. And without mind control Windermere would not be able to stop their planet being fucked in the ass by the enemy coalition 4 times their size. Luck for the studio they are cutting the story short before we reach that point.

SDF is my favourite Macross. Fuck off with your 'anime wisdom' with which you can tell us what we like and why.
You mightn't be a cancer to the industry but you're a fucking cancer to discussion.

Episode 8.

Delta will be forgotten. It will be better for all concerned.

Alto was annoying with his genocidal mentality and indecisive shit. I still like him but seriously. Hayate had more development, trusted his girl, and he confessed his feelings in the end.

>what war crimes

The violation of the mental sanctity of billions of sentient beings through systematic mind control. The fact that they played the same fucking song by the same little shota shit over and over again. Hell even without the mind control that alone is a war crime in and of itself.

>had more development
(lol

>he confessed his feelings in the end.
Alto was trying to confessed to Sheryl but she shut his mouth with KISSU.

>Hayate had more development

You don't actually believe this, do you?

He's a Freyjafag so ya he probably believes that Mr. Blankmann had "development' more than Alto.

I'm not a blinded NUNSfag or genocide fag and I let my HayaFre faggotry cool off for a bit so here's my take on all Macross from best to worst.

SDF>Frontier>Plus>Delta=7>Zero>>>>>>>>>II

I don't believe any Macross except II is bad at all so overall Delta was alright. I would have absolutely loved it if the second cour was more consistent but oh well. Deserves a 7 or 6 out of 10.

Here's a cute HayaFre pic.

Heinz said he'll negotiate. Stop trying to project your negativity when none of the citizens of that planet were presented as warmongers or after revenge.

Ragna was more mad at NUNS shitting on them than Windermere.

You realize Windies are officially the strongest protoculture race? Those shitters cannot do shit against them. Ragna are a bunch of peace loving faggots who had it more against NUNS than windies. Voldor broke free and didn't give a shit about the war anymore, and sandnigger planet is completely irrelevant.

>Warmonger-kun still writing fanfics
Pitiful.

Awesome

SDF>*
The rest are fun to chat about. SDF is actually really good.

It's not presented as a war crime. watch the show, nobody said it was a war crime unlike NUNS nukes.

War crime isn't "something I dislike" but something deemed illegal in conflict by galactic treaties. There's no legislation about this, so there's no crime. And they won the conflict. They have the power to negotiate and decide while the NUNS are officially war criminals.

I was so disappointed by it. It can't hold a candle to Ranka's version nor the original.

Hayate started off a loser who cared about nothing. Later on, he finds a goal in life and begins to care about someone other than himself.

Alto started off with a passion for flying and a hatred for the Vajra. He keeps these two mentalities until the very last minute when he has a sudden change of heart about the Vajra. The best thing about Alto is his relationship with Sheryl.

What a fucking disappointment. And I enjoyed part 1 so much.

>You realize Windies are officially the strongest protoculture race? Those shitters cannot do shit against them. Ragna are a bunch of peace loving faggots who had it more against NUNS than windies. Voldor broke free and didn't give a shit about the war anymore, and sandnigger planet is completely irrelevant.
You are talking about what happened BEFORE Windermere invaded them.

People can change their minds very fast after being invaded.

So if someone took control of your mind and body you'd be cool with it than? Cause that's what you're saying. I don't care how it's presented when we're talking sentient beings that's a huge violation and in any sane reality would be considered a war crime.

Nobody can stop Windermere:

King was killed by fellow Windie traitor.
They can control the Star Singer. Only Freyja, another windermerian can break through the Mind control Network with her voice.
Nobody can stop Roid, Windermeme villain, except Keith, fellow Windie and boyfriend of said culprit.
Nobody could fuck two /u/ idols but a virgin Windie like Bogue.
They weren't defeated in war, hey eliminated the NUNS out the sector, conquered the cluster, and finally Heinz deemed it was a good time to call for negotiations with them on top of it.

Windermerians BTFO everyone in the show. Hayate was lucky to mix his DNA with one.

>won the conflict
(lol

>trying to explain shit to NUNNERS faggots
I like your spirit but I think you're wasting your efforts.

>violation of ones right to feel safe and not suffer violence
When are all these murderers (soldiers) going to be tried for war crimes, baka.

>SDF is actually really good.
Not the TV series, it completely falls apart in the last third.

There's no law that forbids it. The argument against it was, "s-stop because makes Freyja sad" ;_;

It's a show of a franchise that has always validated singing brainwashing your opponent. They likely didn't ever rule it because it mean they can't use singers anymore.

I'd be cool with having a cute shota like Heinz or a hot loli like KumoKumo inside me. They can mind control me as much as they want.

Show me a screencap of this happening. You have none. War ended because Heinz decided it. Anyway, those planets only fighting force is Delta squad of jobbers.

You can tell they'll be more willing to negotiate with Windies than trusting those useless fucks who failed to win even when they were the protagonists of Delta.

A passion for flying is a good thing for a pilot, you know, it actually felt like Alto enjoyed flying, unlike Hayate who was awful at it unless his waifu sang and never improved.
The Vajra hate can't really be avoided but places him in an interesting conflict between his hatred and people he cares about and respects.

>Plus you're both my wings ending is the worst thing ever
Is that what retarded shippers really believe?

His dad was smart to recognize the plot armored race, so decided his name will be carried by the strongest wife.

I like it a lot more than the original and ranka's ver.

>yuribait couple wasn't bait after all
Biggest twist of the entire show. I was fully expecting Bogue to win the Reinabowl.

Subs when?

It is bait, stop del/u/ding yourself.

Are those HayaFre wedding rings I see? Would a kind senpai please translate?

Bait implies a switch, which there never was. This was plain old subtext.

But there was DYRL
Still superior
>waste half an episode on Walkure's backstory, which the important bits were already given in previous episodes
>Never get anything about Mirage's.
The second half of Delta felt like a rough draft.

>mfw Hayate and Freyja are going to have consensual sex in the missionary position for the purpose of procreation.

I'm really sad it's over ;_;

What am I gonna watch now?

Like your life.

>still superior
Forgot pic

Confirmed not dykes by the official profiles. Sorry dude, but this isn't debatable, this isn't up for discussion. It's a fact.

Don't be stupid, everyone believes this.

>dem hoinas

MUH

Kawamori said this is the last Macross, right? And even if it's not, it'll likely be another 10 years for a new entry.

Well, goodbye Macross. It was fun.

Profile says they are "like sisters." They must be planning to have a threesome with Bogue.

test

When did Kawamori say it was the last Macross? All I remember is him saying he always wants to stay away from Macross but he ends up coming back.

>people still claim Freyja is a loli

what if they cut down on the number of characters?

twins+bogue = same shit annoying fucks
qasim+herman = same shit wise honorabu enemy
arad+chuck = same shit no name supports

then you have some not-same characters that probably could've been rolled into one too, like

lesbians+kaname (team mom/support)
mirage+messer (this one is pretty arguable, but with this ending i'm legit not sure of the point of mirage's character other than as obligatory trianglebait)

i feel like the only reason they had so many characters in the show was because of MUH SQUAD. even in frontier, luca/klan+meltrandi/coma-girl (whose name i've forgotten) were kind of extraneous to the plot. then again, i liked plus, so maybe i got something against squads.

It basically had a finale before it continued on. I felt like it was a companion. And yes, even with that it is still very good.

More of Hoina's hoinas

The 2nd cour has some nice ideas but the sloppy execution and heavy exposition episodes make me think that the writer was marking off items on a Kawamori check list and not doing anything with them.

A movie won't fix anything if it uses the same writer.

Walkure trap song ratings

Great Tier
Onya no ko girl
Hear the Universe

Good tier
Absoulte 5
Love Thunder Glow
God Bless You
Super Nova Tick
Hametsu no junjo
Kaze ha yokoku naku

Bad Tier
Silent Hacker
Namidamebakuatsuon

Absoulte garbage tier
Walkure birthday

Butchered anime classic tier
Ai oboete imasu ka

Considering how shit this Macross turned out it wouldn't shock me if we don't see a new one for at least a decade or so.

Technically Mikumo won it last episode, but either way, NUNS can't do shit. Now it has been proved they were using illegal weapons so they're on deep shit.

Protoculture did create Windmemes are the superior race. They were the defensive weapons who were going to take the Galaxy back from the Zents who were brainwashed by the protodeviln.
The lifespan limiter was a way to make them balanced.

But leaving that system to them and the star singer was because they wanted to brainwash back those who fell on the Protodeviln's thrall. They were their humanoid Vajra.

Freyja is the idol who guides the Galaxy (manga title).

"like sisters" doesn't equal not lesbians.

The second season felt REALLY phoned in. Even if they were originally planning for one season and a movie, there should be no way they fuck it up that badly.

Yeah, but it does equal "not lesbians for each other". Maybe they are lesbians, the point is they aren't a couple, they aren't together, they have a sister like platonic relationship.

WHAT WENT WRONG!?
man this shit goes wrong since the first macross

i have a better question

WHAT WENT RIGHT!? i dare you find 2 things

since The Super Dimension Fortress Macross i mean

Mirage is going to be studied as one of the worst handled characters for years to come. Her potential would float to the surface, and then the hack writers would flush any development or motivation down the drain. Over. And over. And over again.

Terrible to see Macross dragged through the mud like this.

Walkure Birthday should be in its own butchered classics tier.

As far as I know, it's always been around a decade between installments. Why the fuck does it have to be so long? Frontier was 2008, and 7 was 1994.

I like Macross, but for this reason I could never consider myself a fan. That would be suffering.

>Yeah, but it does equal "not lesbians for each other".
No it doesn't. There's such a thing as non-related incest, specially in anime.

Either that, or that they were working on a rough draft script that never got the chance to be properly edited.

I agree. People trot that excuse out all the time. So what if it was meant to be a movie? It would have made a god awful movie.

Same with "The sponsors made them put in a love triangle.". Except they didn't. There is no love triangle.

I still can't decide if she was better than Zessica or not. At least Zessica was relevant in the end when the gay angel possessed her.

I think NUNS figured it out and were afraid they'll lose Earth-centric politics. However, by mating with humans and other races, it solves their descendant's lifespan woes. Zentraedi got btfo hard as warrior race when Windermere can do everything better than them plust has vajra fold receptors power up. Of course, the human (nice) character ends up with the galactic savior singer. It just shows that instead of fucking up with their planet, they should have been nice and trying to encourage race-mix marriages to create superpowered children.

NUNS were retards. All the Windermerians are really fucking attractive too.

>Because Mirage was a forced afterthought by the sponsors.
>STILL thinking this can be a excuse to defend this show at all

Zessica is better. She had actual devellopement.

Is this comparable to Delta?

SDF itself wasn't that great dude.

>most forgotten characters for years to come
Ftfy

It's better

It's easily better than Delta.

This. Breed and integrate if possible. Nuke from orbit when that isn't an option. They jumped straight into option B. Rookie mistake Buddy.

NO! i mean to put that SDF also in the searching you are making to find 2 goddamnt things good about this serie! fuck it all , it sucked since the start... why don't they just animate Ace combat , and drop this space romance shit for good

Ok but I meant does it feel anything like Delta? It kinda looks like it. Not asking to be spoonfed, I just don't know anything about it besides Kawamori.

>Implying that shoehorning Freyja everywhere and into everything didn't come as a detriment to the cast as a whole

It's idolshit done right.

>downloaded this years ago then deleted it
Kicking myself right now.

Well, it has an idol group and there's song magic like in Delta. That's all. The story and characters are pretty different, better.

Absolute shit taste.

>Two things
Haya
Fre

checkmate

It's idols singing and fighting n space.

I feel like a heartbroken father who just gave away his precious Daughteru to her fiance. Hayate, I trust you to make her happy.

So basically Macross without the variable fighters? Cool, I'll check it out.

I think Mirage came off as the 'shoe-horned one'
There are scenes where she is literally only there for a shot or two scowling in the background. Like they put her there and only showed that.
Freyja is a co-MC the way I see it. She and Hayate have a even share of the story. Idolshit and piloto. Walkure, and the squad and bridgies. Mikumo prison break and Messer death.
You can't 'shoe-horn a main character, which she is in terms of writing structure.

I'm pretty sad it's over and I don't feel this way about many anime. Oh well, hope there's more to come.

>there are people in this thread that came here for idols over variable fighters
Kill me.

That's not what I said at all faggot. Mecha is my favorite genre. But I'm on a Delta high right now so anything similar would be fine with me.

It's fine dude. I didn't mean anything by it. I am just here, impatiently waiting for the finale.

Why would you be in this thread if you are waiting for the subs? You're gonna get spoiled if you haven't been already.

I think in a way, both are true.

Mirage was underutilized and became pointless and the writing dragged thins down(Stop blaming the sponsors Kawamori fags. He was still behind EVOL)

Freyja was heavily developed and a chunk of the character development of others was absorbed by her. Even Hayate was absolutely useless as a character by the end of it when he was cool as fuck at the start.

By the end of things, Freyja felt like the ONLY MC and Hayate was one step from becoming Mirage tier.

Delta was a mistake and Hayate deserved better than being trapped in a shitty triangle.

>Sheryl being better is edgy
Since when is liking one of the most absurdly popular and mainstream characters of the late 00s, edgy? It's the opposite of edgy.

Post your Miragefag tears.

I've never cared about spoilers. Watching something is a joy unto itself. Unless that experience is banking on me not knowing something like a massive unpredictable twist than it doesn't change my experience and enjoyment viewing it.

Then watch Cross Ange. It's pretty similar to Delta.

Fuck the shipping. I just wanted fucking dancing robots like I was promised.

I've seen Cross Ange with Cred Forums and it is not similar at all. Cross Ange is like CG meets Valvrage.

We were promised much and received nothing.

I feel like everyone's characterization and arcs were subordinate to windies' arcs. Hayate telling Keith he'll surpass him amounted to fuck all.

>recommeding ange to anyone
>after what happened to Tusk
Ange is such a tough call. There is so much good and so much trash.

So what the fuck ever happened to this? There's no way this was a big budget anime. Medium budget might even be pushing it.

At the end, even Freyja felt like she was pointless because of the focus on Keith and Heinz. None of this integrated well at all.

You were promised nothing.

Detla needed SDF-type length to get what it wanted done.

CA is good but nothing like Delta, that user is on something.

I was speaking on the series as a whole, not just the shitty finale

Awesome. The gaul of comparing Mirage to Misa makes your blood boil. Besides. Misa was great from start to finish and never 'forgotten' just not involved in romance. Mirage was a literally non-entity when she wasn't scowling and being autistic.

Hey it has transformable mech, the power of UTA and the villain is a waifufag.

Feels good to be right.

>freyjafags claiming victory
>freyja will be dead in a few months
k

More like few weeks

Anyone else gonna marathon the Macross series soon?

Keep them coming boys
>mirage fags kept taking screens as well smugly awaiting their 'surprise victory'
QUICK Mirage fags, post your screens and show Freyjafags how deluded they were.

Really I thought Hayate was fine. He wasn't as focused on as much as previous MCs like Hikaru but that's probably for the best. Hayate is likable. Hikaru is scum.

>Yukina lost

Nope, Kuromukuro will have an even shittier ending than Delta's.

I don't want to watch Macross anymore.

Without Freyja, Heinz wouldn't have been persuaded for peace and she's the reason they could break free from Roid's mind control network.

She was important as fuck. But again, she was a Windermerian.

Yeah that's the stuff.

Found some recent Miragefag salt

The part with Freyja talking in the middle of God Bless you really makes the song a bit worse

It is still a great song though

What the heck happen to frejya not telling hayate about his dad being the one who gave her the music player?

So? The point is user is right and Hayate clearly has more development. It must be said however that development isn't the only measure of how good a character is.

>Macross Delta movie announced
It's a retelling of the TV series

>Another Macross Delta movie announced
It's Delta After Story

No dragonballs

At least the kid gets to live with a longer lifespan.

Keith and Freyja were the main characters, that's why they have their own manga. They are the heroes who saved the galaxy.

That, or Delta is a propaganda TV show made by Windermere. That would explain a lot.

Hikaru did fuck all in Macross. He just told Minmay to sing but she was going to. Then he left the final battle to find Misa.

He did absolutely nothing in the plot of the original show.

Science already foretold the winner ages ago.

>That, or Delta is a propaganda TV show made by Windermere.

So this means they control the Galaxy now and NUNS were BTFO even harder? Cool.

Guys.

Post your Makinas.

Greatest heroes ranking:

Freyja and Keith > Basara > Sheryl, Ranka and Alto > Minmay > Shin and Sara > the Plus trio

Hayate's character personality was originally like Keith's (aka Alto-clone). So I wonder if they didn't split his character into two when the war story came about.

A Keith/Freyja/Hayate triangle would have been better, it would have actually made their rivalry worth shit.

Things is Macross was never really all about the plot. It has always been a personal story centered around the romance between 3 or 2 characters. It's a space soap opera. Not a war film.

>Sheryl, Ranka and Alto
Include Movie Brera, he destroyed Galaxy and pulled an hero.

Of course Zessica is better. Zessice was somebody. Mirage was never anything but hints of "what could have been" flushed down the drain. A mirage that projected what could have been a decent character but instead was total shit.

>selfish swamp
Absolute art
>sexy cave
Sasuga

Minmay is the single most important character in the plot.

Why?

This basically sums up what Freyja and Hayate are doing after the story.

That's quite the bulge.

Basara, Isamu, Alto (in particular movie Alto) and Shin did a lot of shit.

Hayate was his own guy. He was a first in Macross because he started off not knowing the joys of flight and falling in love. Freyja started his development. Delta would have been better if it ditched the triangle altogether. It should just be two dumb kids who befriend each other, become platonic besties, and in the end admit their feelings for each other and become unmei lovers.

Because this Macross was THAT bad.

>[gg]_Macross_Delta_-_26_[D945FC423].mkv

Based gg releasing in a timely fashion

Include Hayate with Keith and Freyja. If he never encouraged and protected her, Freyja wouldn't have gotten so far. Plus he's the most likable Macross MC.

I don't think the love triangle was bad, but it should have been two guys after Freyja, because Hayate's entire development was defined by Freyja. Keith would have been a good choice because he is an actual character with plot weight. Just adding some shit she cheered him up when he was young without knowing would have set it up. It would also had made his rivalry with Hayate less random.

>9-character hash

Somoene needs to photoshop that bulge.

Why do you have to lie?