youtu.be/k9rgNqZ7eeE?t=5m5s
youtube.com/watch?v=cpj9mdYjP_g
youtube.com/watch?v=Igi44AFE-Cs&feature=youtu.be&t=26s
youtu.be/j1XOIH7Rr1c?t=16m15s
youtube.com/watch?v=2Jn40g42GPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=xbT5vh9pjP4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No, he and Sorey are childhood friends.
Also, he's gonna outlive Sorey for thousands of years and he knows it.

If anything he wants him to impregnate her so that the lineage goes on and he has something to watch over after their dream comes true.

Kek/10

The show was pretty fun. Not sure how it went on the actual game but I'm guessing they axed Alisha or something?

Sorey's not gonna sleep with a girl when he has this waiting for him.

Smile protected.

A winner has nothing to feel jealous of.

Hypothetically, even if Alisha 'wins' the Soreybowl in the anime, Mikleo still won in the only version of Zestiria that is canon and that's the game.

Is Rose now for bullying?

In this thread, people who didn't use the loser search function.

>"command"+F
Seriously? Also, gonna start watching after download finishes. It looks like a good episode for Alisha again.

So is that Rose in control or was her body get hijacked by Dezel? I can't tell at all.

I'm glad Edna's treasuring the doll Eizen sent her.

;_;

>generalfag
Fuck off.

She doesn't even wear a skirt, that whole scene made no sense.
Why would she even be embarrassed?
>Oh no, they saw my trousers!

>he doesn't know how it ends.

I have a question. What was with Alisha making contract with the shepard? Didn't make any sense to me.

>Forced Rose pandering: the game
>Forced Alisha pandering: the anime
>people will defend both either way
Zestiria was a mistake. Berseria anime when?

Symonne is delicious.

Bad writing.

She was herself as far as I could tell. She was pretty mad over Alisha getting stabbed and concerned for her life afterwards.

>Rose is fully aware of Dezel from the start

I like this.

She'll still end up being separated and dead long before him anyway, so it won't even matter.

I'd actually feel sorry for Sorey if they ended up together, he'd be alive but Alisha dead, and he'd end up blue-balled by Mikleo and being forced having to watch him fucking other people while refusing to fuck him because Sorey decided to chase after a princess 700 years ago.

Hineyhurt command+F user.

>No Edna pandering
Now this is a mistake.

She still couldn't see him, right? Maybe she still denies Seraph but is more laidback about them.

She doens't deny them she knew about Dezel from before the start of the series.

>stalking Rose
>Lifting her '''skirt'''
>getting angry when someone attacks Rose/makes her upset
Dezel is basically Baba.

She still can't see him.

She's a literal who, just like she was in the game. Atleast her episode was objectively the best they made all season. Felt much more natural than them being forced to wipe up Alishafag tears by bloating her screentime.

She's a girl. It's still indecent.

Alisha got "axed" a bit before this in the game. She just left after Marlind, became a hostage for Sorey to join the war and then was never heard of again until much later in the game.

>who
Only the most popular girl and greatest beauty, that's who.

>Atleast her episode was objectively the best they made all season. Felt much more natural than them being forced to wipe up Alishafag tears by bloating her screentime.
I agree with this.

Hey Baba

Most popular girl yet still a total nobody in terms of placement in the plot. Her character arc was so unimportant in the game, it was a sidequest.

She had a good episode in the anime, I just hope they follow up on it and kill Eizen later on on-screen.
>everyone who criticizes Alisha is a Rosefag
I know it's hard but grow up. I couldn't give a shit about Rose.

I just started playing the game.

What the fuck man.

Symbolism for marriage.

Alisha ruined this series (again)

>I know it's hard but grow up. I couldn't give a shit about Rose.
Nice try

Nah hes just happy for his brother

Poor Sorey.

Daily reminder that with Baba out of the picture, Tales can finally be great again :D

They really just assumed everyone knew what that meant, didn't they?

>marriage
>she just leaves for work right after and Sorey finds another girl
Truly a criticism of the modern age.

yeah that part was way better in the anime.

It allows her to see the seraphim and that despite Sorey not being able to defeat Kittybeard shows he has come along ways as Shepherd.

No it's more like they enter into legal separation the next day.

hmanga when

s2 hen

>Alishafags and Rosefags finally bury their axe with the characters teaming up
>now Meebofags and Alishafags are starting a catfight
Only the dead can know peace from this evil

I prefer suffering moe though.

holy shit is mikleo gay or something?

>Kittybeard
Interesting, and here I thought you guys made this one up.

Alisha becoming a Squire is poorly timed in the anime and the fact that it's initiated by Sorey is what makes it all look retarded to anime-onlyfags. Nevermind the fact that she... leaves right afterwards.

They probably just did it because she has to face Maltran next season. Better now than way later.

I want more Alisha in my life.
Will the anime deliver on Season 2?

did you miss the memo?

The scene with the camera angle behind their backs looked like Dezel was humping Rose. Requesting webm.

He's secretly a woman.

Nope

They need to make this better
youtu.be/k9rgNqZ7eeE?t=5m5s

Why couldn't Sorey have a cool hat and shades in the anime?

Who needs to look at some random girl's assets when you are way more prettier than her ?

I guess you can view it as a privilege. She shares Sorey's motives and goals so she was made into a follower of sorts. You can also see it as an oath. Kind of like cementing a friendship and they promised to meet again

Yeah they really didn't explain it in the anime but if it takes on different meaning in the anime than the game I don't necessarily think it was bad writing for them to end the season like that.

Eh, if they have kids, it would be okay. Seeing your descendents would honestly be a sweet thing and if they go wrong, you can guide them to the proper path.

>everytime they say Ningen

So what are Japanese tweeters saying about this episode?
I felt it was kind of a letdown after last episode which was really good. The buildup just kind of fizzled out.

>If they have kids,
They absolutely won't though. Anime-only fags shouldn't try predicting anything.

Too bad, Sorey goes to sleep long before that could become possible so the relationship won't go anywhere.

They are clearly saying "not enough half naked Edna" and "too little Edna" and "Edna can never be too little, that's how I prefer girls anyway hehehe"

Alisha has finally become the heroine is the top tweet if you search for アリーシャ on twitter.

>kids
Alisha will have Sergei kids

This thing, is he supposed to be the "Lord of Calamity"? He just reminds me of a generic SNK boss. He even seems to do input reading. I half expected to see a broken full screen attack or infinite combos that kill each character.

Sorey goes to sleep long before that's possible, and Sorey would still be blue balled by Mikleo for all eternity. Probably would have no choice but to listen to him fuck other people too, while he beats off and cries himself to sleep at night.

Ningens, reeeeee!

>search for アリーシャ on twitter.
>get this cute little comic on top
Okay

In the game when Sorey met Kittybeard first time he puked and almost fainted just for staying near him, also he couldn't use the Seraphs because they got "banished" by the Calamity Dominion.
For once the game made this encounter better

No, have character development instead. Suffering is over.

The game actually handles this entire thing better. Sorey losing his resonance was poorly executed in the game but it was quite a intense moment and it's fucking retarded Ufotable shafted that just so they could pander to Alishafags for no real reason.

so we can at least agree that this is aots ?

This first cour was good and made zestiria a lot better

fuck no, not even close

Well, I guess I can understand why people would prefer the game version of the encounter with him, but if the seraphs are banned, then it sounds like they also wanted to throw in some participation for the seraphs.

Forced force the forcing

Not when Jojo's is still airing :^)

Yeah except that won't stop people from talking about him constantly instead of this actual show or franchise as the past year has clearly demonstrated

>Sorey loses his resonance
>Rose asks him for help but he can't do anything
>Alisha is left there to bleed out
>cliffhanger until cour 2
This is the most suffering they could've gone but my heart wouldn't be able to take it.

Knowing ufotable, they wanted to show some action scenes.

Stop blaming Alishafags, Bandai and Ufotable are trying to fix Baba screwups.

Lolicons don't care about story either way, they just want more loli fan service. Go watch that Prisma Illya anime instead.

it's not like they did much in this episode anyway, the point of it was to show Sorey vulnerable. without the seraphim he was just a regular human again, and in the game he was also cut away from his only human friend, Alisha, who was all the way back in Ladylake.

instead he held his own, which is... alright, i guess, but kind of boring.

But I wasn't blaming anybody in my post.

>Stop blaming Alishafags, Bandai and Ufotable are trying to fix Baba screwups.
Sure Alishafag. That doesn't explain why this episode was shit though.

SMILE OF THE SEASON

Man its another time I really wish the Western fandom was more like the Japanese who still clearly know how to have ups with the downs and create real memes in their discussions. The Western Fandom is so focused on negatives, baiting and shitposting with it's own baggage it's no wonder Japanese producers have basically started ignoring them and their increasing levels of bullshit.

Enlighten us, what gets you to this apparently totally real and genuine position on this episode

He had an hard life

Baba was a mistake after all, huh?

Alisha > Rose > Lailah > Edna > Symone > Red shirts > Maltran

Mikleo > Edna > Lailah > Rose > Symonne > Alisha > Maltran
Alisha is boring af

>secondaries thinking snoozefest Alisha is worth shit
I love this meme. Almost as funny as Rosefags.

Alizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

>Maltran that low
what do you have against big titted lancers?

>2016 year of our lord
>hating Alisha

>implyning

>samefagging this hard

Maltran a shit.
I bet she still doesn't truly care for Alisha

>Princess, is there someone you like?
>That's so sudden, Rose.
>Like for example Sorey or Mikleo?
>L-lord Mikleo is a Seraph and and Sorey has his duty as a Shepherd
>I would never...!
>Ehh? Then, is there a guy you end up thinking a lot about?
>Hmm...
>Ah.
>Oh, so there is one after after all. Who is it, who is it?
>Bartlow...
>I can't forget him even when I try...
>Ahh...
>Sorry.

i don't know, she was pretty emotional here and there was no real reason for her to be faking it, Alisha wasn't aware enough to need a show and the others probably wouldn't have been surprised if she'd kept a cool head since she was in charge.

Alisha = Edna > Rose > Lailah > cute bow knight > rest

>link the same post twice
>samefag
Sure user.
Alisha is a miracle of the universe.
Would follow into battle every time/10.

She does. Even with the corruption. If she didn't she would have killed the two red shirts and let Alisha bleed to death out in the wild.

Just as delusional as Rosefags. Sasuga.

When will not-Lailah appear again? Somehow please make it happen, her design is too good to be a one off

She died you retard.

She's in Velvet's stomach user. You should let go.

Alisha forcefully taking Rose and making her a woman when?

Fuck you she's gonna come back. Just wait

When will Velvet shit her out then?

During Alisha's After Story: Anime OVA edition.

It's not a doll.
youtube.com/watch?v=cpj9mdYjP_g

i'm going to have a hard time playing Berseria because the entire time i watched these two episodes i couldn't stop staring at their tits. i don't even LIKE girls.

She's his personal cum dump. Wouldn't you be mad if someone tried to mess with your fleshlight.

No she doesn't. Flashbacks are all you're gonna get.

doujins when? that's all I ask

>Rose and Alisha captured by Landon's soldiers
Prime doujin material

>Dezel watches and breaks them out after the gangbang is over

>heterosexual Tales doujins

>implying he doesn't participate.

He watches her bathe, fucks her while she sleeps, and has full access to her vagina whenever she wants (and becomes bitter when she's able to see him after becoming Sorey's squire). He's got plenty of Rose snatch.

>1 (one) hetero doujin
what's wrong with this series?

No surprise that the top two are a loli and a gayfag.

>they can't see him but they can feel him
>"something's filling me up!"

>that power gap

Because everyone knows how this story ends.

>no doujins of Edna and Lailah raping innocent young men
>no doujins of Zaveid making women lose it in public

Mikleo will fall into the Malevolence and things will escalate quickly

Meebo and Sorey are too much bros and Rose bisexuality paired next to Alisha innocence

youtube.com/watch?v=Igi44AFE-Cs&feature=youtu.be&t=26s Dezel sure is good at everything!

Rose looks like a full dyke. Meanwhile, minus the anime, Alisha looks so desperate for love that she doesn't care from whom she get it

Makes sense given how the game ended

But Velvet is Guts.

The anime is its own thing

How did the shota end up the manliest guy out of a party that has Eizen and Rokurou?

The power of nee-sans

So Mikleo is Casca, Velvet is Griffith and Sorey is Guts?

I almost feel sorry for Sorey.

>Velvet rapes Mikleo
H-huh?
I don't get it.

Follow the thread user.

Pathetic what the industry has became nowadays. No wonder they only produce garbage.

I want to feel her breath on my skin.

I never played the game, and I liked it a lot, especially Alisha.

I hope Alisha and Sorey fuck. :D

At least anime Alisha has her knights which somewhat seem like friends to her. Game Alisha was just lonely as fuck with really no one at all to support her after Maltran died and Sorey went to sleep. This makes Rose bullying her in the DLC just so much more cruel.

Rose can't even come close to bullying her now. Except in bed, the one topic Alisha has no clue about

Is this just a retelling of the game or is there any reason to watch it if you've played through it already?

No, the series has been absolute garbage up to this point

Alternative telling of the game that follows the same plot. Very different details. Basically it's own continuum.

And they are both shit in different ways.

Watch it if you liked Alisha.

What if you liked Edna?

I bet Baba managed to get into the anime production to force this fucking scene

Go look for a job, Baba.

Edna is the best reminder.

You probably won't get much more than one episode's worth of delight. Alisha takes a lot more spotlight now. Also a couple Berseria episodes for some reason, despite not establishing any real connection to Zestiria yet.

>Can't even cook snacks
>Best

She's only high tier user.

>"You serious?"
Sums it all up.

Alisha is a good girl

This was probably the funniest scene in the entire game

Why is her knight getup so sexual?

She is for tender loving in a field of flowers at daybreak

Meebofags are retarded

>this projection.

>all the army gets blue uniforms
>except alisha, she gets a pink knight outfit

sort of makes me chuckle

She's a cute knight. Cute knights get pink.

my person of the african american descent

That's why she gets a blue alt colour and it's 200% superior to her stupid pink princess get-up.

i agree, blue Alisha>pink Alisha just because she doesn't look retardedly out of place.

Pretty princesses need to stand out.

>implying there won't be a tales of zestiria f with 100% more Alisha for the PS4 pro

Nobody gives a shit about Zestiria, they're trying to clean up the mess not shit it all out again. Nips already hated Bamco for their remake bullshit.

This, even if they did want to make a Zestiria R or F, they'd have to refund everyone who bought the first game or they'd get nothing at all. The most the anime can do is work to get people interested in the WORLD and HISTORY of Zestiria, but not Zestiria itself.

That being said the anime failed to do this, because while Alisha's story is important to Zestira it isn't the most important thing, since if you're going to make a sequel she won't appear in it, she'd either be an old woman or dead. While the characters who are the most popular and are more likely to appear in other stories, are the ones with the least amount of character focus. It's the negative trade off to focusing on Alisha, yeah sure Alisha looks better but the overall narrative suffered for it as now you don't enough about Sorey to give a shit about him.

i think something about this last episode crossed an Alisha threshold. like, before this, it seemed like most people were happy with what they were doing with her character, actually making her story (and Rose's) better, and the anime seemed better than the game as a result, but some line was crossed in this episode and now a lot of those positive feelings have gone out the window.

so what the hell was it? was it the squire thing? was it Sorey's actual interesting shit that was supposed to happen this episode (getting his ass beat by Heldalf and losing his resonance) getting completely tossed aside for an action scene and more Alisha screen time? was it Sorey losing his shit and becoming dangerously close to crossing a line over Alisha? which of these things was the worst, or was it just the combination of all three?

I'm more upset about Alisha being put on a bus, alone. Hope she still gets to do something in the next season.

The squire inclusion was a bad choice I think. I don't really see the point.

I think that it's everything, it would have been interesting for Sorey to wake up and not see the seraphim, losing the one thing that he's had all his life, and maybe even showing him being lonely because of it. Sorey losing his shit, when that's never been a part of his character in the anime before but it is now because Alisha, then making Alisha a squire (which was a stupid thing from the game) only to have her leave literally 2 minutes later.

It's just stupid and when you add in the fact that Sorey has lost a lot of his own personal investment in everything because they've regulated his involvement to be solely duty based instead of something he wanted to do himself which at least game Sorey even if he isn't allowed to help others, still wishes to do so because he wants to do it.

The Final boss was revealed and everything that happens in Rolance has nothing to do with her.

>Hope she still gets to do something in the next season.
She'll still come back to kill Maltran.

And then she'll get benched again.

i knew i was leaving something out.

>lost a lot of his own personal investment
i think this is what's bugging me a lot, too. he's not really getting any development and he's the protagonist. he gets cool action scenes where he purifies shit and he learns more about how to be a shepherd or what being a shepherd means but none of that is PERSONAL. they have him talk about his dream and how important it is to him but they're not really showing WHY it's important to him, just telling us 'this is his dream, this is why it's important' and leaving us to fill in the blanks. that worked for a little while, especially for people who played the game and/or read the manga but this episode they had a chance to show his reaction to losing his resonance and thus his ability to perceive and interact with seraphim, which is directly tied to his dream, and... they took that part out.

It just feels boring. A lot of it seems 'different for the sake of being different' and doesn't come off as better than what the game did, just completely different. Like, Heldalf fucking off without doing anything at all. In the game, he growls so hard Sorey loses his connection to his Seraphs and falls into Rolance territory with Rose. I found that part of the game FAR more interesting than the "everything is perfectly fine" thing the anime did.

>It's just stupid and when you add in the fact that Sorey has lost a lot of his own personal investment in everything because they've regulated his involvement to be solely duty based instead of something he wanted to do himself which at least game Sorey even if he isn't allowed to help others, still wishes to do so because he wants to do it.
That makes no sense. He does his duty because that's what he wants to. It's part of his personal involvement. Even if he wasn't a Shepherd, he would still try to help people.

yeah they're just strolling easily into Rolance, looks like. Heldalf letting him get away so easily was a bad decision, i think. now we've seen the final boss, but he just let Sorey go. there's no sense of danger or urgency heading into Rolance in the anime. i was afraid they'd end on some kind of cliffhanger but at least that would have been exciting.

Exactly and we lose this for what? So that Alisha could get her moment that ultimately wasn't needed. It's different and not in a way that improves the story. I've actually seen Nips complain about Sorey in this episode.

There's a difference between duty and personal investment, and sure he became a shepherd because of personal investment but that isn't why he's performing the duties related that title. He's performing those duties because he they came with the title and not because he just wants to help people.

>There's a difference between duty and personal investment
No there is not. With or without the title, he would still help people. It's just part of who he is and and the fact that he's a shepherd doesn't change anything.

I was expecting it to end with Rose saving Sorey, both of them falling into the forest, and discovering the scattered bones hide-out.

Actually, why does Sorey need to go to Rolance in the anime? It completely flew by me.

He doesn't need to. Rose asked him to.

Make way for the best ship.

He wants to go there to study their legends on dragons.

It was everything, as the anons said above. Basically the straw that brought the camel's back.

Ufotable must've thought that fixing Zestiria = fixing Alisha and while it's true she was a huge part of the problem, she wasn't the only problem and they had already fixed her problem enough in several episodes so far. Now they've brought the problem back up again, except for no reason. Alisha became a squire of her own will to protect in the game, and left for a bullshit reason. In the anime it's SOREY who request she becomes a squire and then she leaves yet again. How is this any better? To see the seraphim she won't even be with?
ose back into her role next season.

Then we have Rose, who pretty much even less of a reason to be now that Sorey is 1) OP as fuck 2) made Alisha his squire this episode. Alot of people praise the anime for it's changes but not all of them are good, and this episode solidified that. They also ruined the perfect cliffhanger by not having Sorey lose his resonance, as well as finally showing him reacting to a personal part of his character.

he mentioned in a recent episode that Rolance used to worship dragons, and he's still chasing after that dragon that was in Ladylake and trying to research them presumably for Edna's sake as well. and Rose asked him to, but he mentioned going there already.

Not in the anime, anime Sorey goes to Marlind and shoots down the dragon not because he sees people suffering and wants to help but because it's his duty as shepherd and Alisha is sad.

To compare Sorey in the manga wants to help because he sees a bunch of people who are sick and wants to help them, game Sorey helps for the same reason. Anime Sorey, I've gotta chase after the dragon because I saw it take out the hellion in the river and then heals the city because it's his duty. He doesn't do any of it because he just wants to do it, he does it because it's his duty. And yes, duty and personal investment are two separate things.

He actually said that he was going to go two episodes ago.

>Not in the anime, anime Sorey goes to Marlind and shoots down the dragon not because he sees people suffering and wants to help but because it's his duty as shepherd and Alisha is sad.
I only watched the anime and it's plenty clear to me he's the sort of person who just feels like helping people. He helped Alisha in the second episode despite Meebo being against it, and he took Lailah's sword and became a shepherd to help the people in the church. That's just who he is and you don't need more scenes or exposition to get it.

>How is this any better? To see the seraphim she won't even be with?
It's likely a setup. Writing and animating political developments isn't ufotable's thing, so while Alisha is away from everyone she can still get some action.

>Ufotable must've thought that fixing Zestiria = fixing Alisha and while it's true she was a huge part of the problem, she wasn't the only problem and they had already fixed her problem enough in several episodes so far.
It's pretty much this, in being overly focused on Alisha they've created a bigger problem with Sorey.

fixing Zestiria was always going to be hard. it's like they were riding the thin line of 'better' but tipped over the edge back into 'shit' this episode. i think the only thing i was happy about was Rose and Dezel's interaction and that's just fucking weird.

by trying to fix things with the girls they've made Sorey far worse. well, not worse, just... it doesn't even feel like he's the protagonist anymore, he's the sideplot in his own show.

You do, because it's called consistency, it's not enough to jsut have Sorey once or twice act to help people when you want to say that it's his trait. You have consistent and have him repeatedly do so when the situation arises, it's because Sorey isn't allowed to show that he acts because he genuinely gives a shit why his character suffers and ends up creating a situation where Sorey becomes the least interesting character in the story.

Even so, it was the worst possible timing to do it and it wasn't even of Alisha's own request to become a Squire, it was a suggestion from Sorey himself. It defeats the very purpose of her contract. If he could do that, why the fuck did he wait so long knowing Alisha wanted to see the Seraphim?

The anime left the impression that he underestimated what she was going against until she almost died, so he helped her knowing that they would be much further away from each other soon.

>You do, because it's called consistency
You're making no sense. I described how he was helping people even before becoming a Shepherd, and of course he keeps helping people after becoming a Shepherd too. There's no inconsistency.

What is it that's hard to understand, if you say that character gibes a shit about other people and does his duty, not just because it's his duty but because he wants to help people, then it isn't enough to once or twice. You need to be consistenly show that whenever he is helping he is doing it to help the people in need and not becuase of duty.

The anime only claimed at the beginning that Sorey wants to genuinely help people, but that got lost because then the story became overly focused on Sorey's duty as a shepherd, and forgot about Sorey as a character.

I can agree with that, if only they'd explained it more.

Additionally, they basically had Alisha lying on the ground with a stab wound until nightfall for the sake of making the pact scene with Sorey. It's absolutely retarded.

Doesn't matter. Sorey will always put Mikleo first, and Mikleo knows it. Bitches ain't shit.

he could have done it last episode, and the time spent on Sorey and Rose backtracking to save her and make her a squire could have been spent on Sorey getting his shit kicked in and Rose arriving to ask for his help but saving him instead. the show could have ended on the double cliffhanger of 'will Alisha survive?' and 'what will happen to Sorey and Rose?' or 'how will Sorey be the shepherd if he can't see seraphim/will he get his resonance back?' instead.

He was helping people since before he became a Shepherd, so when he helps people as a Shepherd it's already clear he does so because that's who he is, and not just for his duty. You don't need them to literally tell you this every time unless you're a huge retard.

>How is this any better?

It completes largely the character arc she starts out with in her fervent belief in the legends of the shepherds and seraphim and now she is given a place amongst them and it further validates her beliefs by being able to see them.

>Additionally, they basically had Alisha lying on the ground with a stab wound until nightfall for the sake of making the pact scene with Sorey. It's absolutely retarded.

No. It's pretty much implied they healed her. Rose rode all the way to Sorey to get them to fix Alisha up.

On another note, what the hell happened to Dezel in the anime? They took out Zaveid's flirty nature and gave it to him instead? Thinking about it, Zaveid didn't even flirt with Lalilah/Edna's in Edna's episode.

Again, timing is key and the last episode of the fucking cour was the worst possible time to do that. She could've got that shit after Water Kamui.

>She could've got that shit after Water Kamui.
It wouldn't make sense there. It had to happen after the climax of her subplot in this episode.

But once he became shepherd his helping people no longer was about his desire to help them but about his duty to shepherd, in fact the last time that Sorey has helped someone because he wanted to and not because of "the shepherd's duty" but just because he wanted to was with Edna, and even before he reached the mountain him saving the soldiers was again about duty. They never make it about Sorey, it not personal.

You do need character consistency, you can't have a story only have a character help people because he wanted to 3x but then turn around and have every other time he does it outright stated to be a a part of his duty. That's why stories with police officers as MCs don't keep reminding people that police officers duty, and instead just make it about the character personally wanting to help. Because even if you say at the beginning that the police officer became one because they wanted to help, if you keep reiterating their duty every single episode then every time help someone it won't be because they wanted to help, but because it was their duty to help.

i don't think there was really room in episode 10 for it... the human malevolence bit was too important to cut, as was the Alisha vs Rose confrontation.

>But once he became shepherd his helping people no longer was about his desire to help them but about his duty to shepherd
They never said something like that and you would be a huge retard of you get to that baseless conclusion after seeing him helping people even before becoming a Shepherd.

No it would have made perfect sense there, hell they could have given it to her earlier and have her see the real situation in Marlind was.

It had to happen after she had a near death experience in admist of a war? Seeing seraphim was really that important huh? Nevermind she's been focused on the political side of everything since the beginning of the anime and has shown no desire to be a Squire. Makes sense indeed.

>Fujoshi anally ravaged because there was no tickle scene.

It had to happen in this episode because it was the symbolic reward to her efforts. It wouldn't have made sense if happened before this point.

Except they have and in every episode, that he's helped people after becoming shepherd, the only time this hasn't happened is when Edna was introduced. You make no sense since you're essentially saying that it's okay if a character isn't allowed to get any focus on their actual character and not their occupation.

Since it was not done already, there wouldn't be any other time to do it. They would go separate ways from then on.

The war was over as well, thanks to her and Rose.

>Except they have and in every episode
They only said it's the shepherd's duty, but they didn't say he's doing it only for that reason, and you would be an idiot to believe so considering he was helping people on his own even before becoming a Shepherd.

Bullshit, because Alisha just fucks off at the end so there's no point in her getting a powerup that she'll never use. And not only that we wasted time making her a squire when that time could have been better spent building up suspense and making the situation against feel dire.

The war isn't over just that one battle

>Alisha just fucks off at the end so there's no point in her getting a powerup that she'll never use
How do you know she's not gonna use them? Is the writer your dad or something?

>Game had good parts
>Manga had good parts
>Anime had good parts
>Game had bad parts
>Manga had bad parts
>Anime had bad parts
We should just put the pieces we like together like a puzzle because Zestiria will always be shit in some way.

>there's no point in her getting a powerup that she'll never use

We don't know that. I think this sets up armatization for Alisha next season. Furthermore the plotline with Maltran being a hellion is still unresolved. Given the Alisha emphasis of the director I find it likely they'll resolve it with Alisha in tow.

Except they have, and they've shown Sorey doing shit just because. He goes to Marlind and purifies the town not because he's shown to genuinely wants to genuinely help, but because he's chasing after the dragon puppy.

Like I said before it's about fucking consistency, again it's not enough to just have a character help people once because he wants to do so, you need to be consistent with it. Like I said it's like having a character who wants to be a police officer but once he does so, he's now just known by police officer. Even if you say that a character is helpful you need to show them actually helping people, consistently without anything mitigating it.

>Except they have, and they've shown Sorey doing shit just because.
You're talking out of your ass.

>sets up armatization for Alisha
with who? all the pacted seraphim are with Sorey. he's their vessel. he's going to be in Rolance for most of next cour.

user so far the anime has been generally following the story of Zestiria, and considering what's going to happen, I'm not holding my breath on Alisha's new position of squire being important.

Thing is Alisha is important in the first cour because she actually has a role there in the second cour she'll be replaced by Sergei. Also Alisha armatization won't happene because
1. it'll kill her
and
2. There's no seraphim for her to armatize with.

>"This hand...can eat you...in a different way"

Except I'm not, listen you can like police officer B all you like but that him compelling.

Armatization doesn't kill. That's Baba bullshit, just like Sorey getting blind and whatnot

And just to add on to this, Seraphim don't give out their true names easily and she can only armatize with seraphim who have a sublord pact with Lailah.

I want to tickle Edna!

Alisha armatizing would be too much bullshit even for Ufotable. Or would it. If they're trying to wipe Alishafags tears, they could go the full way. But with even Rose being gimped and useless, having Alisha get it would seem retarded too.

In Berseria we see a few people with low resonance armatize and worse case scenario they die or lose all their resonance. Not that it matters she can't armatize with anyone who doesn't have a sublord contract with Lailah.

>user so far the anime has been generally following the story of Zestiria
Just the core plot. It changes events quite a bit. So yeah, I could see Alisha using her powers in a lot of different, anime-original situations. Hyland is still filled with malevolence, and the council of full of conspirators too. There's a lot of potential to play with.

>In Berseria we see a few people with low resonance armatize and worse case scenario they die or lose all their resonance.
That armatization was experimental and imperfect, and I don't think it killed anyone.

Exactly, and the core plot gives Alisha no place to get involved without really altering the story. So far all the anime-only situations aren't important. And she'll end up losing them once Sorey finishes his journey so again what's the point?

they're probably going to have her find Uno and convince him to be Lord of the Land or something, since they totally skipped him this cour but still made Rohan Lord of the Land in Marlind.

Actually even the guide book says that a lot of resonance is needed to use armaization. That's why it was so contrived that Rose had an equal amount of resonance as Sorey. It's not a Baba added plot, as they never once say that anyone can armatize.

>Exactly, and the core plot gives Alisha no place to get involved without really altering the story. So far all the anime-only situations aren't important.
I think they were important for the characterization of Sorey and Alisha. And I think the anime will keep including such situations. Zestiria's "plot" is a joke anyway so I don't mind the original content.

>I'm fine with bullshit that contradicts the lore for the lulz
I mean, alright. Who can stop you anyway.

The anime is its own thing. It doesn't have to comply to any guidebook.

It doesn't contradict the lore as explained in the anime, and that's all that matters.

fuck the game. fuck baba. i want to see what would have happened if that cunt didn't get his grubby hands on the original storyline

Anime or actual playthrough of Zestiria before Berseria?

So then you want the anime to waste screen time on bureaucracy? Zestiria's basic plot may be a joke but they're still generally following it's beats, and Alisha doesn't do anything duting the Rolance arc, in fact there are a lot more important things to do than worry about Alisha. Because Rolance has it's own problems.

You mean just like how people thought that Rose wouldn't join because the anime was it's own thing?

>So then you want the anime to waste screen time on bureaucracy?
Why does it have to be bureaucracy? Hyland if overrun with malevolence, so you can expect Alisha will fight some hellion when she gets home. And then there are the conspirators. They already tried to kill her, and I'm pretty sure they'll keep doing so.

Neither. Skip and play Berseria. Go back to Zestiria if you want.

>You mean just like how people thought that Rose wouldn't join because the anime was it's own thing?
But she doesn't seem to have the same amont to resonance than Sorey. She can talk to the Seraph, but she can't see them.

Because just waling up to soldiers and ordering them to stop fighting doesn't do shit. The only way for her to make a difference is to get the council to listen to her and she cna't do that by being a knight, in fact that's what game, novel, and manga Alisha realized, and what game Alisha gets admonished for not doing. So long as she's a knight they can get her out of their hair by giving her some mission far away from the council, in fact that's exactly what they did, that's how she ended up in Marlind. Face it Alisha isn't going be seeing a lot of action.

Also where are you getting the conspirators bullshit from? The war was started legally, in fact if anything Alisha's actions were in the wrong, since she actually had zero authority to tell the general what to do, and by doing so she's also going against the orders of her king. Remember Alisha is nothing more than a low ranked noble, she's no where near being the crown princess.

But she still joined despite her reasoning for doing so being taken away from her. Also Rose in the game also couldn't see seraphim at first but that was only because she didn't want to The fact that she can hear them without being around Sorey shows that her resonance is much higher than Alisha's. So Sorry but the game's outline is still very much in play.

>Because just waling up to soldiers and ordering them to stop fighting doesn't do shit
I didn't say she wasn't going to do any political shit. She'll take care of that, I'm sure. But now that she's squire, she can also get involved in other stuff. Ladylake is overrun by malevolence, so the potential for some cool side stories involving hellions is there. I'm also expecting a confrontation with Bartlow, who will most likely try to kill her again.

>Also Rose in the game also couldn't see seraphim at first but that was only because she didn't want to
She couldn't hear them either. The fact the she can now means she doesn't have that kind of restrictions. The reason she can't see them is probably just because her resonace isn't as strong as Sorey.

>The fact that she can hear them without being around Sorey shows that her resonance is much higher than Alisha
Higher, sure, but how much higher? Unlike the game, Alisha does have some resonance in the anime.

But the truth that you don't want to acknowledge is that she can't do polticial shit by being on the knight, she has to be part of the council, aka the group that actually decides whether or not they go to war.

The biggest cause of malevolence in Ladylake and subsequently the world isn't something that she a squire can deal with. Sorey has to do the purification himself, and unlike in the game it takes days to do it. So even if she could purify the area all she'd be doing is standing on one spot for days on end.

No matter how you slice it Alisha won't be doing shit.

>But the truth that you don't want to acknowledge is that she can't do polticial shit by being on the knight, she has to be part of the council, aka the group that actually decides whether or not they go to war.
She can be part of the council just fine. I never said otherwise.

>The biggest cause of malevolence in Ladylake and subsequently the world isn't something that she a squire can deal with.
You don't know that.

>No matter how you slice it Alisha won't be doing shit.
We'll see.

>She couldn't hear them either. The fact the she can now means she doesn't have that kind of restrictions. The reason she can't see them is probably just because her resonace isn't as strong as Sorey.
You not taking away my point user, she still joined Sorey's party, remember Rose's resonance isn't important, it's there soley for gameplay.

>She can be part of the council just fine. I never said otherwise.
Except you're missing out on one glaring fact, if she's going to end the war, then she can't leave Ladylake.

>You don't know that.
This is an adaptation remember? The biggest cause of malevolence in Zestiria are two things, 1. the war and 2. the Lord of Calamity and 3. Maotelus because Motelus has merged with the land he's corrupting it. The only way to stop it is to purify Maotelus and only Sorey can do that/ Are you an animeonlyfag, that you didn't know this?

That's fine. My point is just that Ufo does change things. They might seem like unimportant things or irrelevant situations, but they keep adding up and changing the whole thing considerably. Heck, the reason you're bitching so much is because you didn't like one of such changes.

*three

>the reason you're bitching so much is because you didn't like one of such changes.
They are changing nothing at all! It's not like there's anybody talking about how they're currently wiping Alishafag tears or anything! Totally following the game word for word!

>Except you're missing out on one glaring fact, if she's going to end the war, then she can't leave Ladylake.
I never said she has to leave Ladylake. At least not right away.

>This is an adaptation remember? The biggest cause of malevolence in Zestiria
Who cares about that? I'm talking about local situations in Ladylake.

And my point is that it's not th extreme that you're making it out to be. Rose still joins despite her not having any reason to because that's how the story goes. Sorey ran into Hedalf because that's how the general story goes, Sorey goes to Marlind and tries to purify it because that's how the orignal story went.

I'm not bitching about anything I'm just saying that they're not changing anything important. The only person whose getting upset is you over the fact that someone else isn't sharing your delusion on the the animie "being it's own thing".

Sorey marries Alisha in the end right?

>And my point is that it's not th extreme that you're making it out to be.
Saying Alisha and Sorey are gonna get together is what I'd consider extreme. Saying Alisha will likely use her powers as squire at some point is not extreme at all.

>I never said she has to leave Ladylake. At least not right away.
Not until she's sure that the council signs that peace treaty which won't happen until Rolance also decides to do the same. By that time that that happens the story is over.

>Who cares about that? I'm talking about local situations in Ladylake.
Because what's effecting the world and causing malevolence to seep up from the earth's crust itself and infect the ground water totally doesn't effect Ladylake, right?

>Saying Alisha and Sorey are gonna get together is what I'd consider extreme. Saying Alisha will likely use her powers as squire at some point is not extreme at all.
Except they never implied that would happen, and considering what's really effecting Ladylake the only way for her to stop it is ironically by being a bureaucrat, because a Squire can't take on the Lord of Calamity or one of the 4 Lords.

Which is why you're upset, you don't like that I'm pointing out that you're little headcanon for Alisha is highly unlikely.

>Except they never implied that would happen
The fact that they made her squire implies it.

>Which is why you're upset
And stop projecting. It's getting old.

not in the game or manga or novel.

It really doesn't imply anything user.

The only one whose projecting is you, the one getting upset about someone shooting down their headcanon.

Even the Nip Alishafags have been calling it pointless.

>It really doesn't imply anything user.
It actually does, but to each their own I guess.

>The only one whose projecting is you
I don't think you know what that means.

It really doesn't, the most it will do is give Alisha a heads up about Maltran without Sorey needint to get involved. It could be used to set up Alisha and Rose's fight but that's about it for her relevance after this.

I know what projection means, the problem is you don't seem to. Everything I've pointed out were facts that you've attempted to refute with headcanon and wishful thinking. Frankly you're quite funny.

>It really doesn't
It does. They wouldn't give her an ability she won't use. That's shit storytelling.

>I know what projection means, the problem is you don't seem to.
You said I'm upset but you're the one who doesn't like this argument. You're projecting.

>Everything I've pointed out were facts
Facts from the game. If you think it's wishful thinking to believe the anime won't necessarily follow the game as close as you think, be my guest.

>A winner has nothing to feel jealous of
It happens all the fucking time though.

What does?

This please.

>It does. They wouldn't give her an ability she won't use. That's shit storytelling.
That's most likely exactly it, I think you're giving the anime way too much credit. The manga did something similar as a big he haw before she left. There isn't much for her to do. She might get an episode or two where she finds out about Maltran but then her story will be over.

>You said I'm upset but you're the one who doesn't like this argument. You're projecting.
>points out the holes in user's arguments
>you don't like my headcanons, y-you're just projecting.
irony is lost on you isn't it?

>Facts from the game. If you think it's wishful thinking to believe the anime won't necessarily follow the game as close as you think, be my guest.
No general facts, facts that that have kept the same through out every single adatation. Again it's only your wishful that wants to believes differently.

You're actually exaggerating the anime's changes, as thus far they've only changed details, but generally everything is the same. Alisha has a bigger part in the anime, but that's because we're at the section where she played a big role, but come next season that will no longer be the case.

it's worth a play through. gameplay is kinda meh, but the game has some half decent banter at least

Is there anyone who actually wins this in the end?

Mikleo is the only character who can even consider to be a winner.

How can anyone 'win the boy' when the boy takes a 700 year nap after fucking murdering all his seraph friends with a gun?

>That's most likely exactly it, I think you're giving the anime way too much credit.
Ufo has been doing a pretty good job until now. I don't have a reason to doubt they'll keep doing so.

>everything you said is all just headcanon and wishful thinking.
>just pointing out the holes in user's arguments
Sure thing, user.

>You're actually exaggerating the anime's changes
I don't think I'm expecting anything bigger than the changes from the first season.

The seraphim live

Doesn't matter, they all expected to die. I don't think it's ever explained why they survived, especially after Dezel gets such a long death scene.

>Ufo has been doing a pretty good job until now. I don't have a reason to doubt they'll keep doing so.
Not everything they've done for Zestiria has been good. They've had good changes and bad changes. It's hardly unfallible.

>I don't think I'm expecting anything bigger than the changes from the first season.
Except that's what you're doing, because again, Alisha's prominence in the first cour was only because she was already prominent in the during that section of the story. MAking her prominent in the second arc as well would be going in a completely different direction because she has fuck all to do with that section. But I can point out the logical flaws to your arguments till I'm blue in the fact, but I seriously doubt that it'll stop your headcanon.

Because they all knew that was going to happen and they all made plans for what they'll do if they survive.

>Not everything they've done for Zestiria has been good.
It has been good for me.

>MAking her prominent in the second arc as well would be going in a completely different
I'm not really expecting her to be as prominent as she in the first season.

>But I can point out the logical flaws to your arguments till I'm blue in the fact
Game facts. I think I already made it pretty clear that I don't think the anime has to necessarily follow the game as much as you think, so all your game facts are pretty meaningless to me. Although I'm not expecting them to totally deviate from the game story or anything.

>It has been good for me.
But obviously you aren't speaking for everyone.

>I'm not really expecting her to be as prominent as she in the first season.
Could have fooled me.

>Game facts. I think I already made it pretty clear that I don't think the anime has to necessarily follow the game as much as you think, so all your game facts are pretty meaningless to me. Although I'm not expecting them to totally deviate from the game story or anything.
General fact that been kept the same in iteration of the story, whether you like to admit it or not. Hell like I've pointed out numerous times and you yourself have admitted the anime isn't deviating from the game, it changes details but ti doesn't deviate. Characters who are promininet in or are meant to appear in the areas they appear in show up in that area in the anime at the times where they're meant to be shown. They may alter details but the prominence and presence remain the same.

For instance Game Rose was in Marlind too, and also decided to help out Sorey based on their confrontation they had there. The only change the anime made was having that confrontatioin from between Sorey and Rose to being between Alisha and Rose.

So for all you're screaming about how the game's events don't matter the brutal is that you don't want to admit to yourself is that they do. Small details don't matter but general events do. That's why I'm bringing up general storyline facts, because those are the types of facts that don't get changed.

At least they've fixed Rose, right?
She hasn't killed anyone out of cold blood yet and she was seriously concerned for a friend's life.

They fixed her so much she might as well not even exist anymore

>She hasn't killed anyone out of cold blood yet
She will do that for the pope bitch in Pendrago church unless Sorey mans up and does it himself.
It's necessary as a foreshadowing to Sorey killing Heldalf.

Sorey's already shown that he'll willing to do that though, she's no longer needed.

>But obviously you aren't speaking for everyone.
Obviously.

>General fact that been kept the same in iteration of the story, whether you like to admit it or not.
I don't mind it. But it doesn't mean the anime has to be the same.

>for all you're screaming about how the game's events don't matter
I didn't say they don't matter at all. I actually said I'm not expecting the story to totally deviate from the game.

No. He nearly lost himself in frustration and became a monster this episode.
He needs to be able to kill with pure intentions and not get overwhelmed with grief and guilt for it. That's the whole purpose of Rose's character, to show him that killing is alright sometimes.

>I don't mind it. But it doesn't mean the anime has to be the same.
Except the anime also has also kept the general facts the same. which is my point if characters aren't meant to be in a scene or at an event then they won't be there. By expecting the anime doing just that you're actually expecting a total deviation, which once again the anime hasn't done.

What makes you think that the details pointed out were the same in every adaptation?

>Except the anime also has also kept the general facts the same.
That's just your opinion.

Except he was able to reign himself in, and even in the game Rose has never had to deal with any black lash from the characters that she kills.

How would I know?

He put himself together on his own. He'll do the same when he has to kill someone. Rose could never help him anyway because she never had to deal with feeling like shit after killing someone. She and Sorey could never relate to each other.

I was going to respond to until you admitted that you didn't know anything.

If you don't know then why are you even arguing? You can't claim whether or not a person making a point is claiming a fact or voicing an opinion if you actually don't know what the hell you're talking.

>until you admitted that you didn't know anything.
That's not what I said.

Except it was over I literally asked you what makes you think that the details of the events are the same in every adaptation and you said
>how would I know?
That's admitting that you don't know what happened in the other adaptations you only know about the anime.

The fact that you're even claiming that a fact, is an opinion shows that you don't know what the hell you're even talking about.

>Forced fanservice.
Wow.

>I literally asked you what makes you think that the details of the events are the same in every adaptation
Yeah but that question doesn't make sense because I didn't say that. I'm really not sure what you're asking, to be honest.

Bullshit user, that was a straight question, and one you answered. If you did understand it then then I'm going spell it out for you. What makes you think that the details of general events in every iteration of Tales of Zestiria was the same?

>What makes you think that the details of general events in every iteration of Tales of Zestiria was the same?
The question doesn't make sense because the one who said that the general events in every iteration of Tales of Zestiria are the same isn't me, it's you.

Rose forgot she wasn't wearing the school uniform outfit or the Im@s outfit.

Acceptable.

>Alisha and Rosefags will always be mad
youtu.be/j1XOIH7Rr1c?t=16m15s

>youtube.com/watch?v=2Jn40g42GPQ
>Edna wrote she wants to meet Eizen's companions
>Phi tells him they should go visit her together
Damn this is pretty sad.
I want a goddamn crossover of all of them having fun together. At least the anime will save Eizen, right? RIGHT?
Also Eleanor playing hide and seek with Moana is HNNNNG as hell.

The scene with Magilou and Melchior by the end is amazing.
I still don't get how the people who wrote Zestiria could write this

No Baba around

Even without Baba none of Zestiria's characters are nearly as charming and have as much personality in them.

>Shigure is completely human
>doesn't even use Morgrim's power
>can still wipe the floor with Velvet's whole party
Rose is an utter embarrassment to the Rangetsu style. She should go have a training montage in a mountain or something.

I wonder how the writing staff will go so far to smash Baba's vision of Zesty

>projectile loli delivery service

Brilliant.

Except that wasn't being said user, do you lack reading comprehension?

>shippers are conflating respect with romantic attachment
Okay.

>Shigure is completely human
wrong

But he is. Morgrim only powerlimits him for training.

Argument can be made for it yes. Certainly was my personal fave. Though bias for enjoyment watching Zestiria get fixed after having played the game

Wonder how hard Baba's shaking in anger in his cage.

The guy is so shameless that he's probably deluded himself into thinking that he made all the changes and that the anime popularity, relatively speaking, is thanks to him.

welcome to the new millennia

where there is only two kinds of acknowledgement

one where you care at all that will lead to sex

and one where you dont even know it exist and will lead to sex

>>sets up armatization for Alisha
>with who?

Anime-onlyfag detected.

>implying

Why is this even still a discussion when the developers literally said they did not want romance for Sorey because he's pure?

Sexually ambiguous pretty boys don't take rejection well, see Devilman's Ryo Asuka. Hell, Kaworu look butthurt at the after credit scene of 2.22 because his beloved Shinji-kun was hugging a girl and at the next movie the world is destroyed and conveniently Shinji is isolated, coincidence?

You must be if you didn't know that only sub lords can use armatization.

But Zaveid becomes a sub lord.

Only after Dezel dies and that's in Rolance.

No what they said was that Rose and Alisha wouldn't work with him due to their personalities and values being incompatible.

>While romance is a very fun element in terms of character drama, this time we chose to water it down, or shall we say, put it on the low priority list. We want Sorey to be a character who grew up pure, chasing his dreams about history and ruins. If we put a prurient man-woman relationship in there, it might just upset the direction we want to go with him. Still, ‘Boy Meets Girl’ is still a powerful introduction to a story in the end, so he meets Alisha, and in meeting her learns about the world. However, Alisha is a normal human, and she has to face the reality that she cannot measure up to Sorey. The girl he meets after that, Rose, is less of a 'heroine’ than Sorey’s 'foil’. Mikleo, Lailah and the others would tend to think about their problems the same way as Sorey does, so Rose is the character who views things differently, assisting Sorey who has just learned about his limits from his parting with Alisha. We made her into a character that, at the end of the story, you can see her accepting what Sorey leaves her with, and know that she will certainly continue it and keep it alive.

I don't know it seems like the element of him being pure and there not being romance for that reason is still in there

Ok I just finished watching the anime. Marathoned it to see the difference from the game.

Hahahaha it's so fucking different I actually thought I was watching a different series.

>Still, ‘Boy Meets Girl’ is still a powerful introduction to a story in the end, so he meets Alisha, and in meeting her learns about the world. However, Alisha is a normal human, and she has to face the reality that she cannot measure up to Sorey. The girl he meets after that, Rose, is less of a 'heroine’ than Sorey’s 'foil’. Mikleo, Lailah and the others would tend to think about their problems the same way as Sorey does, so Rose is the character who views things differently,
That's pretty much them explaining what makes the two of them incompatible with him.

There's also
>While romance is a very fun element in terms of character drama, this time we chose to water it down, or shall we say, put it on the low priority list. We want Sorey to be a character who grew up pure, chasing his dreams about history and ruins. If we put a prurient man-woman relationship in there, it might just upset the direction we want to go with him.
They're not saying that Sorey can't fall in love all they're saying is that it just won't work with any of the female characters.

There's also this
>Once her true nature was revealed, she tried to kill the princess to taint the Shepherd with malevolence
-Maltran's profile Zestiria World of Guidance.

Yeah Alisha really isn't compatible with Alisha.

Sorey

muh

>Sorey wants to make humans and Seraphim live together again
>Most of Zestiria is about trying to fix the corrupt human side for this to happen
>Berseria reveals that it was the ancient Seraphs who created the malevolence in the first place and cursed humanity with it
There's going to be a third game right? They need to tie this up somehow.

Berseria sold worse than Zestiria and positive 2ch comments can't change that

>Dou...?
>Ah! Itte! Ahh, ahh, AHH!
>Ittai yo?
>Ah~ onegaAH ITTE ITTE ;_;
>Madamada hajimenai

>Lailah will never crush your balls
why live

Stop speaking weeaboean please.

Iie

Alisha is a beast on bed, huh?

What's wrong with the last episode? Imo it's as good as any other episodes.

That isn't even a proper denial to a prompt but rather a denial of a question or statement. The proper response is いや you filthy fucking weeb.

>lie
what?

Do hellions live human lifespans or are they immortal too?

Zestiria's characters (and the OST) were the best part of the game.

So they're basically married now, right?

>divorced before the honeymoon

;_;

Fuck you, Zestiria.

I can't wait to see more of Zaveid. He's the best boy of Zestiria

They can survive past their natural life span but if they're purified after that they die.

Alisha is CUTE

They divorce 3 minutes later

Rokurou can't be purified. Even Maotelus couldn't.
He probably just died in battle in between the 1000 years.

What's the deal between the two kingdoms? Why are they at war? can't they just have Trade Deals to achieve peace?

War isn't that much of a big deal when there aren't any firearms and explosives involved and people aren't mowed down in the millions. They probably don't really care that much to not wage war. Plus no international power to stop you from pillaging and plundering.

The war isn't about trade problems the problem seems to come from simple greed, and religious differences (think Eastern Orthodox and Catholic Church).

Actually later in the story you find out that entire villages have been massacred by soldiers. In fact the very battlefield that Sorey was in was a village whose inhabitants got killed off by invading soldiers.

>Eastern Orthodox and Catholic Church
There were pretty much no conflict that schizm. Now Protestantism and Chatholicism in the 30 year war however...

>people so uninformed they literally don't know Baba is actually the producer for the Zesty X anime and he specifically said in an interview with Berseria's producer that he was going to work on X instead of Berseria
Man, Cred Forums's boogiemans are getting more retarded than Cred Forumss'

You're right, they are more like the protestants and catholics.

>entire villages
Yeah, middle ages farm villages with a population with a few hundred at most. No one in the political stage gives a shit about these.
Reminder that we needed a World War 1 that completely wiped out entire demographics of the male population before realizing that war might not be a good thing when modern weapons exist.

>Baba is actually the producer for the Zesty X anime

Stop lying you cunt.

You come across at least 5 of these, and remember in Zestiria world people dying violently creates hellions, in fact that's how the world got filled with malevolence to begin with. Then those hellions go around and kill more people. So the actual death count is much higher.

I want to believe that Rokurou eventually bangs Eleanor.

Literally after sex : the face

They're a medieval culture. Warring is just part of their nature. Alisha is probably the only one in the Hyland brass who seriously wants peace.

That filename in combination with these subs: Super extreme lewd

Let's fix Alisha
>gets impregnated by a fat politician
>gets disowned
>struggles as a single mother while Sorey & Co are off having fun adventures in ruins

>yfw this happens
>yfw 1000 years later the result of this is Rose

The anime seriously needs to feature her feet/legs more. They're amazing.

This is the face of purity.

As of this episode, the game is better than the anime.

The anime
>wastes two whole episodes on a different story, making it rushed
>makes the MC irrelevant just to shoehorn in the bait waifu from the game
>the actual female lead is turned into a side-character less important the new knights
>eliminates all moments that were somewhat serious and emotional

At least Mikleo is cute.

I forgot to post a stitch.

>>the actual female lead
?

Who's the actual female lead?

But Mikleo is not female.

He's male. Or asexual.

I don't know if Mikleo would be that jealous.

>But Mikleo is not female.

Alisha was clearly just a "bait and switch" lead. It wouldn't be the first time a Japanese franchise advertised a waifu just to kill her off early (Danganronpa did this with Sayaka, for instance).

Rose was meant to be the female lead, for better or worse. She wasn't perfect - she was a sociopathic nutcase - but it feels wrong to have her written out of the story to this degree.

Mikleo being the main waifu is something else.

God, Lailah is perfect.

>red hair
>strong misguided sense of justice
>ends up as shepherd after the story is over
>double dagger Rangetsu style
>easygoing personality
>sociopathic murderer
Might this actually be a thing? I know she's adopted but this can't be a coincidence.

Doesn't matter. He's the canon romantic interest.

So in terms of age it's?

Zaveid > Lailah > Edna > Dezel > Alisha > Meebo > Sorey

Stupid sexy fish.

I guess so. Slightly more accurate would be
Zaveid =?= Lailah > Edna >>>>>>>>> Dezel >>>> Alisha > Meebo > Sorey

Sayaka was a planned "bait and switch" though, to shown you can't trust anyone in a killing game. And certainly not teased nearly as much for multiple years including a very high quality figure. Even Kaede isn't being pushed this much, and neither was the robot naegi which was explicitly mentioned as "might not be protagonist".

Rose was barely mentioned before, and the switch had no story telling purpose at all.

how do we know Alisha is older than the homos? and what about Rose?

They said they don't want female romance. Sorey is canonically and explicitly with Mikleo, no argument.

I'm not saying the switch was good in the game.

I'm saying Alisha has way more screentime in the anime than she deserves, and right now I prefer how the game handled the story to this point.

>I'm saying Alisha has way more screentime in the anime than she deserves
How do you measure the screentime deservedness of a character? Did Rose deserve the screentime she got on the game and Alisha didn't as much? Why?

My point was more why are people arguing about Alisha romance when it was BTFO by the scriptwriter? I think the homos can still be interpreted as platonic but since Rose and Alisha were said by staff to not be love interests why are people still arguing over it?

>why are people still arguing over it?
There aren't many people arguing about it here. Most of it is just banter. The only ones really fighting over it are buttdevastated tumblrites.

>Did Rose deserve the screentime she got on the game
Nope, just like Alisha doesn't deserve the screentime she got in the anime after the first 6 or so episodes. Ironic how they're in the same ballpark now of deriding the actual protagonist's significance and development now.

>My point was more why are people arguing about Alisha romance when it was BTFO by the scriptwriter
The scriptwriter of the game. Anything is subject to be altered in the anime since it's by Ufotable. But yes, there really isn't a need to argue until that happens.

Alisha got so much screentime that they couldn't develop the main character and Edna barely appeared at all. That's "too much" for any character.

When it comes to a game, you have like a million skits and small scenes, you have a team you use in battles and run around with them - screentime isn't measured the same way. Just because they're always around doesn't mean they're taking away from someone else's screentime. Alisha was already gone when they shoehorned Rose in.

Pretty sure an anime staff member said Alisha was like a younger sister actually

Not the anime staff member, it was Sorey's voice actor himself.

Because hetshitters are delusional. Didn't you learn anything from OnS?

They're not really a medieval society, this is a post Renaissance society that lost its technology.

Does Baba actually come to Cred Forums to shitpost?

She was adopted you idiot.

Now that Alisha left will S2 be Tales of Rose again?

Alisha is one of the protagonists of the anime though, and they had to consider how Alisha is less important for the last 13 episodes when factoring what to give focus in the first 11.

Baba visits both Cred Forums and Cred Forums.

Just because she was adopted doesn't mean she she popped out of a rock, idiot.

the way it's going, probably. i bet the first half will be all about Rose and Dezel.

Why does Alisha have the best smiles?

I would like Alisha more if she didn't have such stupid looking hair

This.
The sidetail is stupid.

nigga you have shit taste

Her hair and clothes are stupid looking yet still great.

That middle bang floating off to the side like that and the zig zag hair is just too wacky looking

This looks a lot more reasonable

Now. Not if they want starting a shitstorm. At best she'll be a side character. Very -very far in the side.

I'm expecting, at most, she'll have short spur where she'll question if she's good enough to live up to Alisha.

She gets put on the bus after this anyway. Next arc will focus more on the seraphs unless they going to have Rose overshadow Sorey like she did in the game which I doubt will happen in the anime.

Alisha is probably my favorite designed Tales girl in the entire series. Even better all her alternate outfits from the manga, DLC's and random images look fantastic as well.

Something about their faces there truly unnerves me.

And Mikleo's voice actor in the recent interview too.

I haven't seen that one, do you have a link to that?

No it just means that she has no connection to the Rangaku style outside of her teacher teaching her the style. As for Eleanor considering her battle style she's more likely to be related to Maltran.

Saw it online and week ago but I didn't save it. But all the merchandise for the anime puts Sorey with Mikleo, Alisha never gets advertised with Sorey for the anime unless it's a group shot.

I don't really believe it either, I just want to have fun.
She can be their figurative daughter.

Zestiria was released when the brand was still good and advertisement hype was getting to Tales fans . Which wear off when people played the game and the whole PR scandal happen. Beseria got released in the aftermath of it when slot of tales fan went away and people still are unsure about trusting the tales brand again. Of course it's going to sell less but the reception of it is better then Zestiria.

So havent had time to watch new episodes yet
but with everyone talking about sorey and alisha, am wondering if the rose-alisha yuri ship still stands?

Yes, Rose is quite desperate to save her princess through the episode. It's just that Sorey is the one actually able to save her.

Yes. She tumbled off a cliff for her princess.

this episode was pretty good for RoseAli too.

you could argue that Rose still saved her because she was the one who went to get Sorey.

Homos BTFO.

This was a farewell to Alisha so they wanted everyone to say goodbye to her. Too bad it was hokey as fuck and killed dramatic tension for Sorey.

You can still believe that Maltran is their descendant.

>game directed by a Rosefag
>anime directed by an Alishafag
What's better?

the manga made by a fujoshi

Both are shit

Anime was, but there are no miracles with the story.

Both of their negatives come from their individual waifu.

The manga

Anime is shorter and thus better by default.

Anime. At least until it completely fucks up thematically like the game.

Alisha may be getting her time in the sun, but the story is bending over backwards to suck her dick.

Only Rose is doing that.

Wow fucked that up. Isn't. I meant at least the story isn't bending over backwards to suck her dick.

This whole post is everything wrong with dumb anime fans and their baggage nowadays

Every Tales discussion somehow ends up coming back to this guy. It's insufferable and mainly just shows how utterly fucked Cred Forums and Cred Forums are now that they've merged and share their bullshit shitposting material

Who fucking cares?

Baba's a convenient scapegoat. the first Tales game that's shit post-Baba will create a new scapegoat.

Clearly you do when you have to scan the thread for baba posts from hours ago just to meta complain.

Lailah doesn't deserve to be forever alone.

>first game that's shit post-Baba

>Tales Symphonia 2
>Eternal Sonata(worth mentioning)
>Tales of Hearts
>Tales of the World
>Tales of fucking Graces
>Tales of Xillia 2

Tales of Graces will never unfuck itself from my mind. Holy shit.

>The game's producer, Hideo Baba, wanted Asbel's story to portray the need to conform to social guidelines and expectations as one grows up.[16] Through Asbel's conflict on succeeding his father's Lordship or following his dreams as a Knight, Baba wanted the players to understand the importance in protecting what is important to them and to follow through with their own path and dreams.

The only reason Lambda suddenly became a good guy and Emeraude turned into a Saturday-morning cartoon villain out of blue was because of this bullshit. Can you imagine how that went down?

>everything's looking good in the writing department, about to wrap everything up
>suddenly Baba bursts in demands they completely re-write Emeraude and Lambda at the last second
>"Also Asbel needs to have a sharingan"

Zaveid would probably be willing.

Forgot my image.

>Eternal Sonata
i know some people liked that game but holy shit i thought it was such a chore to play.

Graces story was beyond fucking retarded but the battle system was fun co-op

Yeah I agree with that. It's fucking suffering. The story brings me to a complete stop everything time I think of replaying it.

I find it hilarious that his career started with Death by Degrees.

>Sorey knew Mikleo would be alright when he left and let him go
>Sorey knew Alisha was alright in the war but went malevolence anyway
You can't make this up

when you put it that way it seems worse... though Mikleo turned out to be fine while that guy did nearly kill Alisha, even if she did get better.

What is the equivalent of a jew in these games?

Rose and her Sparrow Feathers, duh

It was a real OOC moment for Sorey, and stupid too because Landon came right the fuck out of nowhere for no other purpose but to make characters fall over themselves for Alisha. In that episode she became just like Rose in the games.

Everyone agrees that Alisha is the best, so shut your trap.

Anime Alisha is shit, she's just like Game Rose. Story bends over backwards for them and even force MC to play second fiddle to her.

Anime Alisha is the underdog who seeks peace in a world of war. That makes her interesting. I won't shit on Rose because the games because it was an obvious pandering in part of Baba, so it's not the character fault.

Sorey is a good character and all, but he's simple and pure. There's no much to explore there aside the things he will experiment through his adventures.

You're just mad because they hinted an Alisha/Sorey ship. Take it easy, no one is going to take your homo shipping, fujo.

She got focus but she didn't really do anything extraordinary though. She conquered Rose, but in the end even the battle was stopped thanks to Rose (though her sacrifice probably affected the morale of the knights favorably to stopping). Sorey just rushed to heal her, which he would for any of the characters.

>any of the zestiria characters
>good
What?

>There's no much to explore there
not the user you replied to, but they cut out one of the MOST interesting moments that Sorey had this last episode and replaced it with Alisha stuff. by having him hold his own against Heldalf and not having his resonance get cut off, now we'll never get to see his reaction to not being able to perceive seraphim. for someone who was raised in a seraphim village, with a seraphim best friend, with close ties to seraphim due to his role as the Shepherd, losing his resonance even temporarily would have been a huge shock. but they took that scene out and replaced it with boring action and more Alisha stuff.

I just want a scene where Edna shows her barefeet

In game canon, why did he lose his resonance to kittybeard?

>She got focus but she didn't really do anything extraordinary though.
So instead of being a Badass Sue, she's just the Damsel Sue. Only a different in role, but not a difference at all at how both Anime Alisha and Game Rose took away from Sorey's character arc and altered themes and motivations.

By replacing Sorey's moment of losing resonance for him to go apeshit over Alisha, she stripped him from a valuable moment of retrospection. The realization that his dream is nothing without his being special.

It's no better than how Rose took the kill for Sorey against the medusa when he could've used that as valuable experience for theme of mercy killing.

Anime Alisha was only there for two things, for you to pity her and to look cool. But how many of her scenes actually fucking accomplished anything. Thing is Alisha suffering is actually pointless case in point manga Alisha. Manga Alisha was infintely better than both anime and game Alisha she could get you to root for her without needing to invoke any pity. For instance that scene of her uselessly going into the camp and demanding Landon stand down never fucking happened. Because manga Alisha gets time where she sits contemplates and realizes that she can't help anybody by simply being a knight and that she has to embrace her role as a princess and a politician, and that's why she ends her squire pact and separates from Sorey. There was no need of any forced drama caused by her doing something stupid and almost getting killed. That made me respect her more than anime Alisha ever did.

Actually there is a lot to explore with Sorey, but you can't tell that in the anime or game, because they put all their all effort into either Rose or Alisha, and spare very little time on actually making sure that Sorey's story is decent, he has a lot of story potential but neither the anime or the games really takes the reigns for it, though the game actually gave Sorey a more compelling story than anime Sorey at this point, because he was allowed to be himself. To make matters worse they took away what would have been a tense moment that would set the stakes for Sorey's mission and built tension and replaced them with another pity party for Alisha. They anime bent over backwards for her.

Same old tired fucking ad honemine from an Alishafag, but that's normal for you guys at this point, if you point out anything negative about Alisha you must be a homo shipper or a Rosefag.

kittybeard's domain blew him the fuck out because it was much bigger and stronger and paralyzed Sorey's own resonance, or something like that.

There's a brief moment in Berseria of Edna barefoot.

link? where is that?

It wasn't really about Sorey being special it made him realize the importance of resonance and that if he wanted to achieve his dream he had to find some way of expanding it.

1.To build tension and make Kitty Beard look threatening.
2. To show that Sorey still had much to learn.
3. Because Kitty Beard was just that strong.

That's what I meant, I didn't elaborate. My his being 'special' I was referring to his resonance, as he is the only human he knows that has it and it's the one thing he probably takes for granted since it's been with him for his life.

By losing his resonance, the anime could've expanded on what the game didn't (Sorey gets them back too quickly ingame) and had a great cliffhanger, but they soiled it for Alishafagging.

Don't get your hopes up, as I said its brief.

youtube.com/watch?v=xbT5vh9pjP4

I appreciate it none the less though, thank you very much

It also helped to introduce Maotelus the concept of domains, and explains how to expand them and the effect they can have on an area.

LMAO people here defending Rose in Zestiria. Holy shit.

Even defending Baba's stupid shenanigans because they see that Alisha suddenly has some spotlight compared to the game.

There's a reason why your favorite producer has been "promoted" you fucks.

He even tried to worm his way into Berseria by "suggesting" to the team that Velvet shouldn't go through with her revenge. Good fucking thing no one listened to him.

Are you illiterate, no one is defending game Rose people are just saying that both her and anime Alisha are shit.

Yeah I agree, I liked that anime alisha was cooler and could actually do shit but she has way too much focus in the anime

Rose is the same shit in the game as in the anime.

Alisha got her needed stuff in the anime so she isn't shit.

The only reason you fucks are but mad about Alisha in the show is because she has focus when she actually should have because she's the fucking heroine anyway.

"What the fuck why is Alisha suddenly getting focus? It shouldn't be this way. Yeah she's cool now, but why does she get screentime?"

Goddamn you stupid fucks. That's how you fucks sound.

they actually went too far with trying to fix her. i can't believe it. Zestiria is always doomed to suck, i guess.

I guess it's just unfixable garbage

Look at the Alishafag.

>Game has good shit and bad shit
>Manga has good shit and bad shit
>Anime has good shit and bad shit
The perfect Zestiria is the one we make ourselves by picking the pieces we like.

It's fixable but not in the hands of waifufags.

Maybe you could if you listed the good and bad shit from each

Your taste, for example.

My taste is both the good shit and the bad shit?

>anime Alisha are shit

> t. Asshurt Alishafag

Can you read user? I'm saying the perfect Zestiria is whatever the fuck you liked from each version because all of them have good/bad elements.

This, basically. Alisha needed more screentime simply because of how badly the game fumbled her. Second cour will most likely have much less of her.

I hope Rose gets called out again for being a sociopath. She already did get called out but it seems she still does not understand why.

Anime Alisha is pretty good, it would be interesting to see her like that without being still somewhat tied to the original story.

But they ended up giving her too much screen time for what little she actually did.

Without her it was just the story of a guy who happens to be the chosen one aimlessly beating the hellion of the week until episode 12.

She is the bridge between that legendary journey and the actual country/world they were in.

Which would have been good if the anime put any modicum of effort into telling Sorey's tale.

80% of Alisha's screen time was her being fucking useless for sympathy porn.

Well no shit. The problem was simply they gave too much and it fucked up shit in the process.

I'd rather you go fap to the nonexistent doujins of Alisha instead of just typing bullshit like that here, user.

If they can't properly tell Sorey's tale it's not exactly Alisha's tale fault. If you mean in terms of screentime, there is more than half of the story time still missing with her part mostly already built for the eventual final payoff in story terms.
Is that supposed to be an argument?

Middle portion of the show barely had any Alisha. I don't get how the whole show is ruined just because she had a heavy role in the last few episodes.

That's because she suddenly gets screentime compared to the game. And people who like Rose don't like it, especially when Alisha BTFO Rose's arguments.

People make a big deal about her getting screentime when she will have almost none by the next season.

It is even they're wasting the time and effort that they should be spending on Sorey on Alisha being useless.

It's good because someone got development: understood her limitations, became less useless over time and will now work the way she can to solve the actual problem of the series, which is the overall shitty life in the country mass producing malevolence.

The only episodes where she wasn't there being fucking useless as usual was episode 8 the best one of the bunch and episodes 5 and 6 which were Berseria episodes.

The real problem with her is the finale. An event that should have been filled with tension and a turning point in Sorey's journey which also would have added stakes and tension to his tale was trashed for Alishafagging.

No matter how much you try to excuse it they had no reason to sacrifice the main story for her own stupid actions.

because Sorey's part of the story has been boring as shit until now, and the Glaivend basin part was supposed to be HIS moment, but it got turned into more Alisha stuff instead.

Rosefags to the rescue!

Stop going in circles and just say that you guys hated how Alisha just btfo your sociopath.

>i-it's okay if they sacrifice the moment that was supposed to be the turning point in the MC's story just to kiss the ass of a character who was acting like an idiot and wasn't even supposed to be there in the first place
Alishafags everyone

>you don't like Alisha, y-you must be a Rosefag
Typical Alishafag that's why you are just as bad as Rosefags

Are all (character-name)fags cancerous?

>wasn't even supposed to be there in the first place
Who decides that is the scriptwriter. The anime already deviated from the original long before, but you can still replay that version if you prefer.

>T-the anime is it's own thing so you can't criticize it!!11
Try harder

She wasn't supposed to be at the camp in the first place and was a fucking idiot for even going despite the fact that she has no authority over the soldiers. The entire event lost its tension because of her.

You can criticize it, but you also have to consider the continuity within it and not external to it.

Yeah but Rose and Alishafags are the worst. They don't care about the actual quality of the story so long as their waifu stands out.

We did but it's obvious that you didn't.

She had a plan, got there too late and made a desperate attempt which happened to succeed, even if by "luck".

Within the anime plot she was supposed to be there then.

Yeah her plan was to order the general that she had zero authority over mind you, to not go into battle. Excellent plan, or worked wonders didn't?

She was going to block the access, which was useless when the battle already started when she got there.

Actually she fucking wasn't, she was useless once again for no other reason than to get pity.