Tales of Zestiria the X

This episode was fucking dissapointing and mostly OoC

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HS5NmefqI8c
youtu.be/Nu9PHircAKw?t=10m16s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>This episode was fucking dissapointing
Well, the story is shit, so it is expected.

The anime was so good at this point, the story was pretty well until this episode
;_;[spoiler/]

The game is shit. The story was shit. The anime was doing well but they fucked up at the last minute.

A shame. I wonder how bad the actual finale in second cour will be now.

Holy shit tumblurinas are pretty butthurt for the Sorey/Alisha moments

I was rooting for the anime tho

I hope the nips were also disapointed for the anime, the fujos can be pretty annoying if you take their otp moments

This alpha and smug Dezel suddenly makes me mad. He didn't even have smile sprite in the game. Is he Zaveid now?

Didn't play the game but I thought it was pretty good.

I heard that the game was shit so why are you disappointed in this adaptation?

Because they cut important thing respecting the heroes and their relationship

Alisha x Sorey the truht OTP, and this is coming from a Fujo. I love Meebo but a rather Sorey to be with Alisha.

And the anime is doing just fine, stop bitching.

> I love Meebo but a rather Sorey to be with Alisha.
Too bad we can't always get what we want, amiright?

Say to that the same Mikleo who won the soreybowl three times

If Sorey ends up with Alisha it'd be really unfortunate for Sorey.

For alisha, too bad she's not inmortal and will die as sorey naps

I've seen some nip fujos disappointed with the forced Alisha stuff this episode (Sorey's reactions to her specifically), even if they like her. It's normal. This episode was shit in general though.

No for Sorey too, Alisha would be dead, and Sorey would wake up 700 years later. But because he was stupid and chose the princess instead of the childhood friend, he has to listen to deal with blue balls since Mikleo became is infinately more appealing that hime ever was and hime is dead, but Mikleo but refuses to fuck him.

He'd probably be kept up at night wondering how he fucked up while listening to Mikleo fuck other people.

>He'd probably be kept up at night wondering how he fucked up while listening to Mikleo fuck other people

Anime Sorey would also come to realize that, in alternative universes, he didn't fuck up and got to tap that sweet Seraphim boipussy. Punished end.

The anime is NOT ending exactly as it did in the game, that should be pretty obvious by now. Just accept it and move on faggots. The possibilities for any other ending are wide open.

Neither the manga or the novel did, yet Mikleo won both

No it is user, Sorey has already left for Rolance and Hedalf has been introduced, at this time it's delusional to think that it'll end differently. Especially since the ending is one thing that the Nips didn't hate.

Actually the anime has been following the general storyline of the game, it hasn't really made very big changes for anything outside of Rose.

OoC is a very good thing for Sorey. If only he was always OoC.

Just dump a load in the pretty princess and go to sleep. Wake up 700 years later to Glenwood with naturally higher spiritual resonance.

>he sincerely doesn't know

Unfortunately he has no time to do that, he only gets enough time to say goodbye to her, and even then all that awaits him is still an eternity of blue balls. What's better one knight with princess, who isn't even that pretty you know or an eternity of being blue balled by the prettier childhood friendwho might have turned into a girl?

He's not a fucking seraph, you falseflagger fuck.
Oh please. With all the time spent grinding for endgame gear Sorey can easily spare an hour or two to go rail Alisha.

So if the anime sells really well, is there a possiblity for a Tales of Zestria R?

>He's not a fucking seraph
LOVE THIS MEME

I don't think sales are doing well.

We don't know what he is but he's no longer "human" since it's confirmed that he will live for eternity, and either way immortals in Zestiria can't have kids. So Sorey's fucked.

In addition to Sorey would have to live with the knowledge that he'd never get laid again because he chose inferior pussy 700 years ago. Especially since judging by Mikleo's statement even if Alisha became a seraphim she'd end up as an old woman.

Live for eternity after becoming contracted to Maotelus, yeah.

And if he goes Alisha end he'll spend that eternity alone, blue balled or both. Either way he won't be having a good time.

If he wakes up to humans with naturally higher resonance living in harmony with seraphs he will.

Nope because they'll still have human lifespans and Sorey would have to sit down and watch everyone he knows and cares about grow old and die. And that's if he isn't tasked with improving human and seraphim relations.

Again you're Alisha end is punishment end for Sorey.

Sorey would take it in stride, as he does with most other things. He got over Zenrus dying and having to kill Heldalf. In the worst case he can ask Laphi to turn him into a Seraph, or go fuck with Innominat and Velvet to pass the time.

There isn't any indication Sorey even remembers Alisha at the end of any of Zestiria's existing endings. His full body is never shown in the game nor the manga and he never speaks.

The only person it is heavily implied he remembers because his 'important feelings' is Mikleo.

Alisha has no chance of winning anything unless they fundamentally fuck off the law of becoming a seraphim and the fabric of time itself.

He had been with Mikleo the longest and going ruin exploring after waking up must've jogged his memory. Also is memory loss is bound to occur after sleeping for 700 years then there'd be no harm in breeding the pretty princess knight.

My god, you're retarded. Shipper autism is out of this world.

>there'd be no harm in breeding the pretty princess knight.
You do realize he'd have to do this before series end (at 17 years old of age) or this could not possibly occur otherwise, right? You do understand that absolutely won't and hasn't happened in any version of Zestiria right?

He's more likely to go to sleep, wake up and fuck a random villager NPC than what your autism is coming up with.

BREED THE PRETTY PRINCESS SOREY. IT ISN'T HARD AND IT DOESN'T TAKE LONG.

YOU'LL BE DEAD TO THE WORLD FOR THE NEXT 700 YEARS. THAT MEANS NO DIRTY DIAPERS AND NO CHILD SUPPORT.

He'd be okay for about the first two generations, but it would kill him slowly. As Sorey himself admitted, he isn't used to being alone so being the only one who is eternal and watching everyone die, while he remains unchanged would be horrible for him. Especially with no one to share that eternity with. He'd end up like Mayvin, wishing for death, or worse Sorey while pure can still turn into a hellion.

That's why Mikleo end was good end. Because Sorey was always going to become immortal but at least with Mikleo he got to spend that eternity with. But choosing Alisha is the path of solitude. Sorey never really got over Zenrus dying, he just wasn't given any time to think about it, and he also wasn't alone in his sorrow. Velvet is also in eternal slumber and can't be woken.

He can't seraphim until he dies, and it's unknown if immortals can even become seraphim anyway. So again, sorry, but Alisha end for Sorey is worst end.

He won't even be able to fuck her, no matter how much delusion you think up.

>butthurt fujos are butthurt

hahahahahah, faggots. And for the record Sorey and Mikleo are not a romantic couple, get over it shitheads.

>They continue to explore ruins at the end so that means they fuck each other in the ass

haha, NO

Mayvin had a contract with Maotelus and once he broke the terms he died. He could've died at any other point in time if he truly wanted to. Also, Sorey can hang with the seraphim if he gets tired of watching people die.

Where will you be when Rose Armatizes, Cred Forums?

>Delusional shipperfags desperate to get BTFO for the 4th time.

Not when he has a duty to Maotelus.

In my computer chair, playing on my ps4, letting Rose do whatever the fuck she wants as long as she stops fucking dying. How does she die so goddamn often? I wish there was an option to keep her perma-armatized.

People honestly complaining about who Sorey screws when he is as asexual as shit. He ain't cut out for sex and is forever a pure wizard which is his true nature. Any worldly desire are impurities to him which Alisha and Mikleo will never taint him with.

His only duty to Maotelus is to make sure hellions get purified. He can do that just fine by sharing his power through squires and other mock shepherds like Rose.

Michael wanted to bang his sister and didn't get tainted until after his town got tainted with Maotelus. Worldly desire does not taint. Being a contrarian faggot does. As long as you can justify your own actions to yourself, you're good to go.

No it isn't, that was his duty as Shepherd, his duty as Shepherd ends even he wakes up. His duty as Maotelus is to create human and seraphim co-existence.

I'm not even sure who's false flagging who anymore. Fujos complaining about non-existent hetshippers or non-fujos making fun of fujos for not getting their fill of gay ships. How insecure do you have to be to get this worked up over a scene that might or might not have been romantic and amounted to nothing in the end anyways.
Sorey literally said "Alisha wa suki da" last episode and no war broke out over it so calm your tits.

By creating squires he'd still have to watch them all get b old and die and once again end up forever alone, sorry shipperfag.

He isn't Maotelus. Maotelus is an eternal shota in the body of a dragon. He is contracted to Maotelus and as the Shepherd who directly controls the power of Maotelus it is his duty to share that power and create more shepherds and squires.

That's his fate regardless of who he puts his ceremonial sword into.

This isn't even the main thread. Everyone in the main thread just laughed at shipperfags and moved on.

Nip fujos thought that? I am very surprised. I generally see their reactions pretty mild to any hetero-scenes.

I would say the butthurt fujos and falseflagging more because their ship never even existed to being with.

Great ending, great show. Cant wait for S2.

Love how Nips are getting tired of Alisha already

It's pretty mild and they liked Alisha's smile scene, but alot of them were very '...' over the forced scenes between her and Sorey.

Me too. Mikleo winning will be nice.

I know who Maotelus is user. And yes, Sorey is no longer a Shepherd after he wakes up. He just ends up immortal and tasked with creating human and seraphim co-existence, this was an ending he was always going to get. The reason why it's a happy end for him though is because he isn't alone like the other immortals who ultimately committed suicide because of their solitude. That's part of the reason for Mikleo's presence. This is also the reason why Sorey isn't paired up with Alisha or Rose because they'll both die and Sorey most likely will end up forgetting all about them.

Not with Mikleo, Sorey's fate with Mikleo end has him end up at least having company to share his eternity with.

UFOtable are saving this series. If only the game had been like this

Where are the comments are you getting that from?

The comments I seen been mostly positive about the changes of what happen from the game beside butt-hurt fujos being afraid of their ship not being pandered too.

Me to the tears of het shippers will be delicious.

I think the comments that you're writing off as fujos being afraid of their ship not happening is really just people expressing annoyance towards Alisha.

I see. No wonder. At least they are not losing their shit like the tumblrwhales.

He doesn't even remember the others when he wakes up. Sorey will be fine. Besides, Maotelus isn't stupid, he'd erase memories that can lead to Sorey being tainted. Even though that would make him a huge hypocrite since that's essentially what Innominat wanted to do.

Once again you're wrong user, it's confirmed that he remembers Mikleo. Also didn't I shoot down this headcanon before?

Yeah. And because he only remembers Mikleo there's no harm in knocking up the princess.

And we're back to square one, he wouldn't remember the princess, but Mikleo would and Sorey would end up with an eternity of blueballing, or just solitude, since the one person he remembers doens't want to be with him.

>T-THERE'S NO HARM IN KNOCKING UP MUH PRETTY PRINCESS SOREY
My fucking sides

Mikleo is a cuck though. He wouldn't mind.

Why do you want Sorey to knock up Alisha so much?

He self-inserts as Alisha

Sorey will never fuck, he's too pure.

This user gets it.

Makes sense. Sorey is very cute.
My sides. Thanks for making my night user.

Not too pure to kill.

Actually judging by the game he was raised to eventually let go of Sorey, and 700 years without him will drill that into his head. So Mikleo who isn't obligated to Sorey is likely to move on. What prevented that was Sorey choosing Mikleo over everyone else.

Especially gorwing up around Zavied with no reason to remain pure? Mikleo would probably fuck someone else.

Seraphs don't "fuck" user. Their genitals are just to pee with.

Ugh, why does every anime have to be "main character gets with xx girl" all the time? This isn't a fucking harem anime. Can't I enjoy my Alisha being badass without being shipped with anybody?

I agree Mikleo is a cuck, and ultimately wants Sorey's happiness, even if meant Sorey leaving him behind and living amongst humans. He explicitly says such in the manga.

Would it hurt him? Absolutely, because Sorey is his most precious person and logically, can't see him into anyone else romantically. It's just how his character is written. He loves Sorey over everyone else in this cast.

I think in the event Sorey picked someone else over Mikleo, Mikleo would force himself to move on. Probably sleep with some dudes who look or act similar to him.

Ah but you're wrong, Zavied confirms that they do, you're thinking christian seraphim user. Zestiria tenzoku has genitals and can fuck.

Again, they use them to pee.
Zaveid has never said anything about banging cute seraphims.

>not wanting to be an alpha princess with amazing weapon skills
>not wanting to have a squad of 10/10 qt loyal ladyknights and a small army following you
>not wanting to have a sassy and mischievous assassin's guild boss as your side bitch
>not wanting an innocent jesus boy who trusts you unconditionally under your indirect control
>not wanting to be a baroness of a beautiful laketop city with your own huge personal manor
Who the fuck doesn't self insert as Alisha?

Rosefags, obviously.

Maybe the glorified anime Alisha, but I sure as fuck would never want to self insert as the canon game Alisha.

He has propositions Lailah multiple times in the game.

Yeah, but that's just Zaveid being Zaveid. He never straight up says "hey bby lets fuk"

>pretend to be Alisha
>try and assert self over Rose
>don't know the first thing about sex, because naive princess outside of combat
>stutter while instructing her to do the work for me
>she works me hard and overwhelms me as I unconsciously scream her name
>all of a sudden I transform into Hideo Baba
>I make her apologize for making fans angry about Zestiria
>fans send me death threats and make me go into hiding forever
>Namco won't even let me do anything with the new game to make my waifu immortal and be in Berseria
FML

Why always Mikleo and Alisha what about Edna.
We need a Edna end, she is fairest in the land, the true heroine and everyone should bow their head infront of her.

Edgy Sorey was the best part of the episode
I hope season 2 makes this happen in some way like being corrupted than getting better

dropped after 50seconds

If he couldn't then he shouldn't desire for it all.

That's kind of sad Sorey would wake up in a strange world only remember his closest childhood friend and search for him, but when he finally reunites with them there's now a distance them that wasn't there before. Even worse if Mikleo is in a relationship.

Literally the Kyoukai no Kanata of Tales games and of this anime season.

What was the point of this if she wears trousers?

>OoC
Out of character? By now people should know that the anime is kind of different from the game and is either it's own canon or an alt one.

It would be. Good thing Sorey and Mikleo always mutually choose eachother.

But if Anime Sorey is fucked up and chose Alisha for instanc, he'll just be in for a eternity of misery. He wouldn't be Mikleo's priority anymore even if their dream is still the same. He'd have to start from scratch with everyone he meets again.

Because he knows she'll get flustered anyway.

>Best character finally joins.
>Anime is over.
>Have to wait for the next season.
Fuck it, I'm gunna go replay Zestiria.

I think that future Sorey would end up wanting to strangle his past self for choosing to be in relationship that went no where, and resulted in him isolating the one person who really is the most important to him and for a something that nothing more than momentary fling.

Why is Rose so perfect, Cred Forums?

Can't wait for Dezel to actually join as a Sub-Lord. And Rose to armatize because holy hell she's hot while armatized.

Dezel sure is good at everything.

because he can read the wind

So he wants to pee inside Lailah?

It sure is useful, that spinny-mist thing.

Edna becomes the queen of smugness
Rules over the continent of glennwood

magilou would take her smug throne

>Love how Nips are getting tired of Alisha already
>comments are all positive

Fuck off, Baba.

Why are you in such deep denial?

She would smash her with eart artes

Hands off, faggot.

that was so out of character, not even mikleo getting in danger made sorey that crazy

Anime Mikleo has never been in danger.

Mikleo can take care of himself

>forgets that Sorey lost his shit over Mikleo going missing and worried about his safety, but knows that he can take care of himself, yet, he worries

Yeah and it's a good thing that Sorey never knew about Mikleo's life being in danger.

Mikleo is never really put in the position to be a damsel. Early on, when the malevolence was hurting him, Sorey held onto him and protected him before becoming the Shepherd, but that's about it.

Anime Sorey/Mikleo was altered the moment they cut out their argument from the game/manga. It was to highlight Sorey's desire to protect Mikleo and their combined dream, but it was completely shafted for whatever reason.

Anime Sorey/Mikleo's dynamic is mostly Mikleo wanting to protect Sorey instead, while Sorey has to suffer muh Shepherd's burden.

Actually the anime did bring up their shared dream twice already as the reason that Sorey is trudging through his duty.

I think the anime's problem is that it needs to focus more on Sorey as a character.

So what was wrong with the last episode?

Aside from the part where the general went full malevolence I thought it was okay.

They brought it up, but they did not hammer it out as a resolution of his seperation with Mikleo. Mikleo reunited with him, Kamui'd and there was that. There is no mutual understanding between them that the reason Mikleo did all of this is because they share the same dream. It was shafted.

There was no lead into Sorey's attitude so it comes out of left field.

For instance in the manga Sorey gets so pissed at the fact that Mikleo is being attacked that he learns how to use kamui right and then. That established that Sorey had a protective streak. So if that Sorey acted like anime Sorey it wouldn't be out of left field.

They did though with that flashback of the two of them looking at the ruins and Sorey lamenting on how alone he is.

Still a shafted moment, in my opinion. Your subject not to agree, obviously.

It's an okay episode with a couple good parts.
Most of the complaints are overblown by fujos getting mad their ship isn't pandered to all the time. I bet you if Mikleo was the reason Sorey was getting mad then they'd all be wetting their panties and writing fanfiction about Hellion Sorey fucking Meebo in the ass.

I do but then again I feel that the anime's pitfall is that Sorey isn't given time to shine as a character, a consequence on focusing too much on Alisha. We've just had them reiterating Sorey's duty but they've Sorey himself.

Yeah but that's fanfiction.

I think the anime focuses a lot on his strength as a shepherd rather than his emotions since this entire episode and the last is about giving us a measure of his powerlevels imo.

>I bet you if Mikleo was the reason Sorey was getting mad
Given that this was the reason Sorey has gotten mad before in different mediums, it isn't a big stretch.

Additionally, it has less to do with that and more to do with it being an anticlimatic finale that took away one of the most tension packed scenes in the game. Not having Sorey lose his resonance was one thing, but doing it so he could make Alisha a squire for no real reason (and have her leave right after) is kind of retarded.

That this is also 13 episodes in doesn't help.

I think that that's exactly the problem, Sorey lacks emotional focus. They've reserved all that for Alisha, but the character who really needs it is Sorey.

Alisha is to beautiful!

Even when the anime improves, they can't go the extra mile huh? This problem was something even Game Sorey had, and now it's being shafted in the anime for the sake of his power level as a shonen protag.

Thing is though that game Sorey did get more emotional focus than anime Sorey, he was just admonished any time he did or just plain not allowed to fell anything.

He just also wasn't allowed to be cool, though trade off is I don't give a shit about anime Sorey.

Were anybody under the minsconception that tales of zestiria had good plot?

Pretty much. I liked that the anime split Alisha and Sorey's stories as individual protags but they clearly had no control over how they executed it because Sorey felt so lacking that most people just wanted to see Alisha. That's a horrible thing to do to the actual protagonist.

Doesn't help that this doesn't feel organic, it feels forced due to the backlash that the game has. It's one thing to push, but it's another thing to shove.

It really doesn't, for instance Sorey in the manga saves Marlind not for Alisha but because he wanted to. Sorey comes into Marlind and one of the first things he sees are people who are sick and dying. He then comes across a grave digger whose so depressed about having to bury so many people that he's filled with malevolence. Sorey's reaction to seeing this is to run to him, comfort him, and help him with his work load. The guy malevolence then disspates, and Sorey decides to help Marlind because sees people suffering and he wants to help.

That scene had more emotional impact that any scene in the anime thus far, and it actually made want to root for Sorey in the manga. Anime Sorey just lacks any of those scenes.

Yup, and the manga's pacing is so signifiicantly better while not cutting out any of the character personalities, it actually builds upon it.

But oh well, I'm glad this was a nice warning sign for what Ufotable is capable of. Next cour could go awfully if they want it to.

Don't get me wrong this is better than the game, but the awful truth is that it could be better if they weren't so focused on Alisha that they neglected everything else.

W-with enough adaptations, I'm sure fans could just pick-and-choose elements of each adaptation and mentally combine them into a metaphysical Zestiria ideal form!

That's what I'm going to do when this anime completely goes to shit too. I mean there were sections of the manga I was 'meh' towards to compared to the game, so it's not like I think either adaptations are masterpieces.

Granted, there are small aspects of the game that I liked more than in either so far. Zestiria cannot be saved, but it cannot be salvaged.

Doesn't take much to be better than the game so I agree, but nothing is perfect and this anime definitely isn't because of the reasons we discussed.

Game does it best for me, simply because there's no limit to how much time they could develop each character. They don't chop things into episodes, do cuts and scenes and so on, conversations last as long as they need to.
It's not perfect, but this is why I love JRPGs. There's no conscious schedule hovering over every scene.

Alisha is OTP now

It could have been saved if the anime had better directing and knew what to focus on, we shouldn't be wasting so much time with Alisha sad facing every two seconds, or showing Sorey travel, instead they should spend time on actual events. building up characters and personal stakes for both Alisha AND Sorey. Right now, manga Sorey is the best Sorey, and so is manga Alisha because she achieve a similar effect to anime Alisha but without eating up screen time.

I'd actually be fine about the show adding Rose scenes as long as the scenes they add focus on giving the stuff with Dezel and Symonne a proper closure because the stuff in the game was fucking goddamn nothing. The one thing Baba could have added scenes for rose without it feeling shoehorned and he just ignores it and leaves Symonne behind crying on the floor. Remove some of the pointless scenes of Rose stealing Sorey's spotlight and add some scenes to make Rose actually give a shit about Symonne.

Well Rose is largely unconnected even if you do bring up the whole Symmone plot, resolving it solves nothing.

>Pair up Sorey and Alisha
>Make Rose more important in S2 and equal to Sorey like she was in the game

Do it, ufo. Let's watch the world burn together and then swim in the sea created by Rose-haters and Fujoshits.

I thought an anime staff member said Alisha is like a little sister to him

They did, and another outright said that she wasn't the heroine.

Why do people want to ship Sorey and Alisha? Both of them are absorbed enough in their own pursuits that romance would only be a distraction that detracts from their characters.

Because shippers are retarded. Alisha and Sorey's relationship is fraternal as fuck. I can't quite grasp how could anyone mistake their interactions as romantic.

Because they interacted, just that

>Alisha and Sorey's relationship is fraternal as fuck. I can't quite grasp how could anyone mistake their interactions as romantic.

I could say the same about Sorey and Mikelo relationship. In before tumblr bawwwwwwwwwwwwwws

well the zesty fandom in tumblr it's a bucket of salt right now

>Alisha makes Rose her squire

everybody's gonna feel the pleasure of having a seraph inside them!

Becuase shipperfags, but yeah pairing either of them with anyone who doesn't share their exact same goals and journey would only get in their way. Alisha is actually more likely to end up with Rose or even Sergei because of her goals and character arc are pushing her in that direction.

Sorey ending up with her is just bad for both of them.

At least we know that it doesn't really do anything to Sorey's story, since his story still ends with him willingly deciding to spend an eternity with Mikleo, whether platonic or not that's the truth.

In the anime? Sure it is fraternal too. When I said "shippers are delusional" I meant: "every single one of them is delusional regardless of what they ship."

Gee, Sorey, how come does your onee-chan let you have two squires?

Technically she remained a squire in Zestiria anyway, she was just told to fuck off because her being around Sorey was literally turning him blind.

Because Lailah is the best.

It was explained badly I think.

The contract seemed to have been turned off somehow because when they meet up again later in the game Lailah talks about re-initiating the contract or some shit right before they go into battle.

But then when Rose left that wasn't necessary. To be fair, though, Rose left temporary and not for like 60% of the game like Alisha.

Sorey's meeting with the Lord of Calamity was more interesting in the game.

Heldalf's presence was so strong that temporarily cut off Sorey's connection to his Seraphim then Sorey got fucked up by Hellions and needed saving.

Those things wouldn't make sense in the context of the anime, though. Remember, Anime Sorey is stronger than his game counterpart.

>Remember, Anime Sorey is stronger than his game counterpart.

Stronger how exactly?

I think the longer you're away from the Shepherd, your contract just sorta dissipates.

>Anime Sorey is stronger than his game counterpart.
Really depends. Especially considering how incredibly fucking broken you can get, so that the highest difficulty - chaos mode - becomes a fucking joke.

But yeah, it's mostly the same.
youtube.com/watch?v=HS5NmefqI8c

Game handles it better though. In the anime he actually has to run around like a peasant. In the game he's literally jesus.

Make way for the best ship.

>Anime Sorey is stronger than his game counterpart.
youtu.be/Nu9PHircAKw?t=10m16s
Factually incorrect. Sorey does plenty more and never seems affected by anything except Heldalf himself.

B-b-but he didn't need attak to take down the marlind dragon!

That's not Velvet x Eleanor, user.

Hilarious. I will die of laughter and alcohol if Rose winds up being one of Alisha's semi-permanent attendants in the anime.

Not gunna happen. Alisha's out of the picture now.

Rose is love.
Rose is life.

>endgame gear
I rolled the entire second half of the game with midgame gear because enough abilities lined up to give me the 'ignore elemental resistance' bonus perk, and no gear I got after that worked into it.

Yeah, some abilities are goddamn broken and really easy to get.

I didn't even bother stacking or linking all the much on the first playthrough. Just got Fairax from an earring for Sorey and wrecked everything that stood in his and Lailah's way. Pic not really all that related

Rose looking seriously worried for Alisha's life is cute. She seems to have compassion unlike her game counterpart.

Also there's a larger thread up already, no need to bump this one off page 9.

I couldn't even bring myself to bother with a second playthrough, with the hoops I had to jump through to re-get my controller working every time I closed the game. The way the stacking mechanics worked, it was actually a penalty to try and get as many spots on the grid filled as possible, since you'd lose the earlier bonuses by doing so. eg. 8 or 9 stack: "x% chance of doing 4x as much damage" Sounds great in theory, but it removes the "ignore enemy element resistance" bonus so 4x of complete shit is still shit. It's a clusterfuck, and not one I can really be bothered dealing with for cheeves.

I read up about the hard/etc. difficulty unlocks much later in the game (had been playing on moderate until that point), so I ended up just saying "fuck it" at the 80% mark and just playing through the rest on simple.

Grinding for the Graver sword is a fucking nightmare though.

I really don't like how the skill system works. Xillia 1 and 2 and Vesperia's (and now also Berseria's skill system) is better. Leagues better.

Zestiria's system relies entirely on fucking grinding enemies to get the right equipment, then paying assloads of money to put it all together into a good enough set. It takes a long time and by the time you're done you just won't feel satisfied.

That reminds me that it's not even the skill system that shit me off the most, it was the stamina system for battle that did. continually decreasing stamina count, and all of your normal attacks came from that pool of stamina too.

SC is the CC system with a slightly different name and look. I didn't like it either. Even in Graces if you get your CC as high as you possibly can, you can't pull off really good combos unless you get retarded good at the game against the right enemy and manage to hit their weaknesses with the right moves at the right times. It's fucking tedious.
Graces f was only good for being able to pull off 4 different mystic artes per character.

I'm ok with the limit on E-unions (stacks/U-unions aren't really limited) since it's stupidly overpowered. Igneet + Fairax + 10xFaira is not something anyone should have and we still do thanks to Sorey's Earring. Hell, it actually glitches out full powered final form Heldalf with a single BA which (1 mil damage in one hit) is absolutely insane.

The few Stack restrictions somewhat go away when you get the 8k grade bonus from the grade shop that counts x2/x3 skills as stacks on their own and the skill that recalculates stacks after Armatization.

I think the only thing that ends up bothering me about the system is: If Sorey has x8 Faira and Lailah has x10 Faira and they armatize you only get the effect of x8 Faira and the x18 Stack bonus (which is just x16-Etirniti). Drives me nuts.

I never actually played graces, it was on my to play list but I never got around to it since it was a japanese iso and wouldn't work on my wii at the time.
>combos
I read a guide for easily earning grade after beating the game, it mentioned high combos being easier to do than high damage for the food gald bonus. I laughed because maybe three times in the entire game did I manage a combo higher than 50, and only one of those was higher than 100.

I couldn't really grasp the 2x/3x skill stack drop mechanic, which is another reason I never really played a second time. All I could take from it was "hand over a +99 joke piece of equipment with the ability you want to be x2/x3 drop chance to be upgraded". drop bias and other shit I never really understood.

>All I could take from it was "hand over a +99 joke piece of equipment with the ability you want to be x2/x3 drop chance to be upgraded".
That's more or less it.

Normin control what skill drops in an area as well as the level of the area. The 2x/3x mechanic controls the quality of the skill drop. And the level/mob controls the quality/type of weapons drops.

It's not that bad. I have I think like 4 characters with full +99 equipment so it was something I got on the way to that.

Sorey/Lailah because they're the best. Rose because she's always there. And Edna just because she's the cutest.

>Alishacucks in this thread seriously believing has feelings for anyone but Mikleo

Worse than Amifags.

I still think that Xilia 2 has the best combat in all of Tales so far I haven't played Berseria though. I'm so sad they dropped it after just one game instead of trying to build on it.

So basically, to get the best complete result, you'd get 100 pieces of joke equipment, +99 them all with a different ability, and then hand them all in? Because I got screwed over by not playing on hard (and then in turn the difficulties that follow afterwards), I never got a single piece of equipment with the double drop thing, so I don't know how it actually worked in practice for abilities that aren't in the primary slot.

The super retarded AI also kind of killed my desire for a replay: Hey I just forcibly made you do a kamui to give you more health and make you survive an attack, why did you immediately undo it wasting the BG and get both of you oneshot?

>Alisha
>feelings for Mikleo
They can both wallow in their sorrow together when Sorey goes to sleep for hundreds of years. And then Rose comes along and snags Alisha away along with Edna and Lailah and Mikleo will be forever alone.

The Xillia combat system was really enjoyable. I loved being in a boss fight with all the right party members and getting off a 10+ arte chain combo, nearly killing the boss from the getgo. If you could do it just right, it was so satisfying.

Zestiria, all I did was armitize earth and beat the shit out of every enemy without an earth resistance, even then I'd just use water.

>So basically, to get the best complete result, you'd get 100 pieces of joke equipment, +99 them all with a different ability, and then hand them all in?
Hand in over skills that you're actually going to need at 3x. You're going to be ignoring most abilities easily. I don't care how you play you're VERY likely to need at least 1-2 joke weapons taken to +10, upgraded, then taken to +99 for EACH of the following skills.

Rangus (Sorey/Rose)
Faira (Sorey/Lailah)
Urth (Edna)
Acqua (Meebo)
Windur (Dezel/Zaveid)

Tempescht (Everyone)
Pennetrayt (Everyone)
Priventi (Everyone)
Invalada (Everyone)
Phoenix (EVERY FUCKING ONE)
Bonus Skill (Just to upgrade everything even if it's only a tiny bit)

It's about preference after that. Go nuts.

I like to take into account how Bonus skills (mostly stacks) play out when armatized. Could I have given Lailah more phoenix here ? Yes, Totally. But I'd be screwing myself out of a Mystiq (Stack 11) bonus when Sorey+Lailah armatize. There's a lot to play around with.

>B-But the nips hate it!

It's the highest rated episode of the season and the ONLY episode to breach 90% you dumb faggots

Nips is giving ufo a rave seriously.

Wait, it was get them to +10, exchange them, and THEN get them to +99? damn, I fucked that up.

Speaking of screwing yourself out of stuff, why is that one specific ring not upgraded while the rest of the stuff is?

Fuck off, Baba.

Yeah, bless the equipment after taking it to +10 or whatever and THEN take that to +99 making sure that you have the skill you want to get 2x/3x of at the very end.

Non-blessed equipment doesn't even count I think.

>why is that one specific ring not upgraded while the rest of the stuff is?
It's an old screenshot and I kept forgetting. Not to mention that the ring is just there to give me Igneet (E-U7). I don't care about the skill itself.

>Rose episode 3
>Alisha needs to die!
>Rose episode 10
>Alisha needs to die!
>Rose episode 12
>Please don't die, princess, please don't die, please don't die.
A-rank Charisma.

>They did, and another outright said that she wasn't the heroine.

Baba and only Baba said that. And that was after the releas shitstorm.

And since baba can not be trusted then I guess that means Alisha and Sorey fuck.

Baba is just next level. Berseria spoiler ahead:

A while ago, Fujishima tweeted an 'adviser' had to told him to not allow Velvet to go through with her revenge on Artorious. Of course he went through with it anyways to everyone's satisfaction.

After some people did some digging, they found out said 'adviser' was most likely Baba himself.

I'm talking about the anime not the game.

Actually the scriptwriter also said that Alisha wasn't the heroine. Though was said by the anime staff.

Source? Not I doubt it. Just seems like dangerous terrain to venture into after the shitstorm.

Last month's Tales Magazine, and this month's as well. Thing is Nips are being told Alisha isn't really permanent, and in Nip land she isn't the most advertised character for the anime either.

>yfw he made the whole thing up
>everyone takes it as truth
>baba can't deny it because it will just cement it as truth

I never cared for her in the game but my god. I was diamonds within seconds of her appearance. It's the eyes and general expression I think.

So just for a reference point, while I assume it could, can you get x2/x3 skills in slots other than the first?

It was the scriptwriter who script writer who said it not Baba.

That's basically the whole point of it. To get 2x and even 3x skills in slots 2, 3 and 4.

The first slot will always be either a 1x or a 2x skill/bonus skill (once the item has been blessed).

Pic is related. It's the best item in the game. I have over 480hrs of playtime by now. Last I checked at least.

All of Nips have basically taken the whole thing as a goodbye to Alisha.

Who cares about Alisha when there's a new hotness in town? Pic related.

What exactly is she going to do? The anime has virtually made her presence pointless.

But Rose cares about Alisha the most after Sorey.
She got all jealous when she didn't shake her hand for goodbye.

I kind of want to ask you more questions, but at the same time I don't want to bother you with a shitload of questions I could probably find answers for spending time wiki-ing.

It's all good user.

Then I guess I'll ask you one more: is there a better way to raise the grade level of the various locations? wasting a huge amount of money on location transfer fees to go to areas where there's almost nothing worthwhile to repeatably buy to raise them? Ladylake in particular is a massive pain because all it has is apple gels.

You need to get the Lord of the lands level up. To do that you need money. Look up how to get money.

Oh and you basically just buy items and gift them to lord of the lands. Eventually you get a perk that doesn't charge for teleports.

To get money, you need to defeat Gold Golem things that spawn from treasure chests. To get the golems you need to be level 75+ or so. Once you do that you need the perk that restores chests after some time.

Its rather expensive at first but once you get going it'll be like 700k per golem fight that you'll get using gald bottles and gald giving food.

Won't get into it that much since the thread is dying and all. It's really well known method and like a google search away.