What makes characters like this so great?

What makes characters like this so great?

They have the personality of a dakimura.

Some people like this type of personality in a character, or lack thereof.

It's fascinating to watch their development unfold.

I don't know. Just something incredible about characters who seem to be dead on the inside but then you see that inner light flickering to life, only to be snuffed out again.

The character depth and the chemistry between other characters. While still coming of as a person that could exist outside of 2D world. Introduction and development also play a big role

Butthurt rei-haters detected.

Being completely untainted by modern society. They're completely oblivious to the norms that make life so unbearable for beta males.

Their personality

pretty much this

Or lack of

>look i did it again!

autism

deep caring affectionate

the strenght

>Reifags can't even spell, use punctuation or capitalize

A fiery tsundere is like downing a shot of equal parts vodka and hot sauce. You get a numb sense of enjoyment after the deed's done, but the abuse you suffer from the fact right after consumption, the regret you have when you wake up in a hangover, and the asspain when you go to the toilet makes for an overall bad time.

A hyperactive genki girl is like a concentrated shot of coffee mixed with a gallon of syrup. There's way too much of everything, and the overwhelimg sweetness not only makes it lose any and all of what makes it special in the first place. Too much caffeine and sugar makes for restless days and sleepless nights. If you want to keep your sanity, steer clear.

But a kuudere is like a responsible glass of whiskey on the rocks, or a warm cup of tea with a touch of honey. The complex flavors may appear bland at first, but for the dedicated patrician, the hidden sweetness and aftertaste is unparalleled.

>food/drink analogies
I wish I could be as utterly homosexual as you.

Rei (who is a dandere you colossal newfag) is like downing a shot of shit with your teeth clenched. That goes for kuudere too. It just splatters everywhere and there are a few cumguzzling, or well, shitguzzling too in this case, faggots who, owing to their immaturity and need to be validated, swear up and down "is da bes :DDD" When in all reality kuuderes and danderes are for pseudo-intellectual, posturing faggots who have a severe case of "As a mature viewer I like mature girls such as myself"

Your post is testamenet to that. Develop an addiction and die of alcohol poisioning or something and save me the five minutes I just wasted outlining your poser-ass bullshit for what it is. Poser ass bullshit.

>ITT people justifying their shit taste

Wow, the asukafag autist strikes again.

>cancer the post
>>>/anywherebuthere/

Well said

Wow, the reifag autist strikes again.

bump

Everything

both of you are wrong children, as Misato is the best character in anime history

Reifags are everything that's wrong with the world.

I mean, she wasn't supposed to be

Hideaki originally made the character to demonstrate the absurdity of ideal Japanese femininity, which backfired hilariously as she became one of the most beloved characters in Anime history and spawned many similar characters

Toilets can't be great no matter what.

You could do anything you want to her, because she's a doormat. Yet you feel good about yourself if you treat her like you aren't a sociopath.

Some like introverted and smart girls. Some others like schizophrenic cunts.

It's a matter of taste see.

>people feel sympathy for a character with a fucked up life
>lol, what a bunch of otaku fags amirite

Is Anno retarded?

Here's the webm clip for you. Learn to make webm. Its been 2 years. GIFS are not only shit in quality but also shit in size.

Hey I quite like the character myself, just an interesting bit of history of where here design came from is all

There are also individuals who post with filenames obviously not from here. Get the fuck out.

Don't listen to anno's lies, he's a full on waifu fag. The actual irony is that the one liked best by otaku is Asuka, not Rei. Rei is the one with the mainstream appeal, which is why she's far more popular.

Key was better.

Careful, you'll draw out textwall-kun

>Hideaki originally made the character to demonstrate the absurdity of ideal Japanese femininity, which backfired hilariously as she became one of the most beloved characters in Anime history and spawned many similar characters

Actually, that's a lie Asuka fans spread because they can't deal with the fact that Rei beat Asuka. They're delusional, and Anno never said/expressed any such thing.