What does Cred Forums think about Monster?

What does Cred Forums think about Monster?

who cares what Cred Forums thinks?

I think Monster was a great thriller.

O

i want my 27 hours back for the shit ending

I didn't get it what "the landscape of the end" was meant to be.

I think that was very good. The only bad thing that i can say about Monster is that shitty ending and the fact that have almost 80 caps.

Overrated shit

i liked it

A complete waste of my time. The most biggest and boring roller coaster I ever had the misfortune to watch, with one of the worst endings of all time. Slow paced, shit music, boring settings, cheap drama and an immature, shallow and overrated villain with nothing new to offer.
I wouldn't even dare to recomend this anime to my worst enemy.
Don't wacht it. 5/10

Underappreciated gold.

>lt's fucking awful
>5/10
Retarted puchiposter

Number one on each of Cred Forums's unsubtle totally-not-a-recommendation-threads.

The ending is great, you just didn't understand it.

I'm really tired of people thinking the ending is shit.

>says the person with Monster in their 3x3

>this search is real

Disgusting

The memes become reality.

>absolutely horrible
>average

I admit I giggle a lot while I was writing that joke. It was fun.
Yeah, I'm giving very serious thoughts to replace it with something else. I want to make a new mosaic

Uh huh. I wonder if the only reason you added it is because it's on mine.

the best anime thriller forever if you understand this anime.

Dropped it after a few chapters and episodes.
Wasn't in the mood for another oh so clever villain plot that was slowly paced in the anime and with bad scanlation as well as art.

Monster was the second anime I ever watched. It took me almost a year to finish it. I fell asleep watching quite a few of the episodes on my laptop while in bed. It was a great sleep aid.

Have you tried not having ADHD?

You wish. I just tired of the same shoes and I wish for a change. Maybe I put Nichijou, or maybe One Punch Man to celebrate the second season, or perhaps Mob Psycho 100. I wonder I wonder.
Feeling tired, goodnight nerd.

Hahaha, good one.
I think you'll just do it to spite me, not because you dislike the show.

Did you really took that bait I put seriously? Of course I don't dislike it you dumb! I thought it was very easy to notice... Hehehe, I can't believe I tricked you.
And no, I didn't make that thread idiot. I just noticed the site started working again.

Sweet dreams. Bye-bye fool

As if. You wouldn't care about my analysis if you didn't like the show. I'm not that oblivious.

Still awake, but do you really think I'm interested of an analysis video from an anime? I'm here for fun, not to discuss.
It's not really too much for the show but for you.
>15 minutes of my video
I'm glad to know is going well. Have fun doing it and don't overthink everything too much. It's not going to be the last one, and you have a lot of time to improve.
Seeya

OP here. Not sure if you're trolling or serious, but I'd love to hear what you thought of it. I just finished it earlier today and while I think I understand the themes the show explores, I'm still digesting it.

One thing I had a problem with was the ending, specifically the last two minutes and the second to last episode. They completely avoided the question carried throughout the show as to whether or not Tenma would truly be able to take a life or kill the monster he created (or more specifically, revived). I was able to deal with that cop-out at first until Tenma performed surgery on Johan again only for Johan to escape again, presumably to continue killing people and ruining lives? Why??? What was the point of everything I just watched?

I still really enjoyed the show overall though.

Oh course I'm serious. I'm working on making an analysis video explaining the end and Johan because it seems people don't seem to understand it at all.

>They completely avoided the question carried throughout the show as to whether or not Tenma would truly be able to take a life or kill the monster he created
Tenma absolutely would've taken the shot at the end. He was saved from two factors. Nina stopping him from shooting and an external force outside of Johan's calculations.

The thing with Johan is that he's playing the greatest dare of all time. Remember that rooftop game the kids were playing in ep 33? (Jesus I can now reference videos).
There's a boy named Martin who played on the rooftop, fell but survived. He says that someone came to him and told him that once he wakes up, he should look outside. Everything will look better. This is essentially what Johan does. He's playing rooftop games with the rest of the world.

The themes of the show is the battle for humanity. The dichotomy between life and nihilism, apathy and empathy.
Tenma wants to save everyone while Johan wants to kill everyone.
Tenma was proven right by saving Johan, showing that everyone is worth saving, even a monster like him.

>presumably to continue killing people and ruining lives? Why???
There's a follow up story called Another Monster where Johan is shown just sitting around doing nothing with his life. I find that boring but there's a clear reason for why Tenma let him live. Johan has no more reason to going around and murdering more people.

The point is that Tenma saved the world.

>The point is that Tenma saved the world.
Ehhhh, not really, that's a bit much, but he saved Johan's life and proved his morals were correct.

>Johanfag gives his same spiel almost word-for-word for the three hundredth time
You have some kind of mental disorder, nigger.

I really love Johan.

That's cool and all, but in a normal person's mind "I love this thing" doesn't translate to "I should hand-type the exact same twenty-sentence argument about how great it is every week or two for years on end."

How many times could you read ''I don't understand X'' and watch them bitch that it's shit because of it when you feel you're the only one who can explain it to them?

I accidentally marathoned half of it

I'd just get the fuck over it after the first ten times or so.

>He was saved from two factors. Nina stopping him from shooting and an external force outside of Johan's calculations. The thing with Johan is that he's playing the greatest dare of all time. Remember that rooftop game the kids were playing in ep 33? (Jesus I can now reference videos).There's a boy named Martin who played on the rooftop, fell but survived. He says that someone came to him and told him that once he wakes up, he should look outside. Everything will look better. This is essentially what Johan does. He's playing rooftop games with the rest of the world.The themes of the show is the battle for humanity. The dichotomy between life and nihilism, apathy and empathy.
Tenma wants to save everyone while Johan wants to kill everyone.
Tenma was proven right by saving Johan, showing that everyone is worth saving, even a monster like him.

None of that answered the question you cited before, but I'm assuming that's just your analysis of the show overall, which I agree with. On a side note, wasn't Martin also the name of that short blonde haired man who worked as an enforcer for The Baby and tried to save Ava?

>follow up story

I knew nothing about this. I will definitely have to look it up. Thank you!

it was terrible and it's overrated

OP again. Actually, could you explain why Johan has no reason to kill anymore? I'm not sure I picked up on that part.

The same shit I do when I read "WHICH IS BETTER, KYOANI OR SHAFT" yet again - I ignore it and move on with my damn life.

>On a side note, wasn't Martin also the name of that short blonde haired man who worked as an enforcer for The Baby and tried to save Ava?
Yep.

The overall theme of the show is that human connection is what makes life worth living, along with hedonistic pleasure (like drinking coffee, having a sandwich or a picnick, or socializing with people).

Martin encapsulates this theme perfectly too. As a kid, he had to carry his mother even though she told him to let her go. Every time, he crawled her back home. But one time, in the winter, he left her and it killed her.
Empathy saved her life, and apathy killed her.
When Martin had a girlfriend, she cheated on him and asked to be forgiven. He simply didn't care and walked away, showing apathy of her decision which resulted in her killing herself.
That loss made Martin not care for the guy she was cheating with and killed him.

Christof, the apprentice of Johan, smugly shows all of this to him and convinces him to kill Eva. But it's only when he sees her cry in her sleep, longing for Tenma that he shows empathy and doesn't want to kill her.
Empathy saves lives, apathy causes deaths.

Those two Martin characters embody the overall theme of the show.

There's a difference between subjective taste with nothing to be learned and getting a deeper understanding of the show.

>There's a difference between subjective taste with nothing to be learned and getting a deeper understanding of the show.
The core feature remains the same, though - you're rehashing the same damn discussion over and over and over endlessly to change the minds of individual people (some of whom may be receptive, some not) who are wrong on the internet. At some point you have to just let it go.

Johan has an identity. A name, a connection with his mother.

The timeline of Johan is that he was broken in every possible way. When people think of nihilism or embodying it, they think it means not caring for others or ideas but it goes deeper than that. True Nihilism is what Johan and Grimmer represent. The inability to connect to absolutely anything, anyone, have any memories and connections with others. Just nothing. Johan even had the identity of his gender removed by making him wear a wig like his sister and can act like her.

However, after he ran away, he still had a final connection with his sister. But when Johan was brought to 511, they brainwashed him and he couldn't remember anything at all. In the tape recording, he says that what he fears the most is losing his memories of Nina. He fears becoming the Monster. 511 didn't create him but they perfected him. The brainwashing also misoriented his memory of the story Nina told him when she went in the Red Rose Mansion.

The only memories Johan had were of death and nothing more. So when he remembers his past memories, he forms a connection and finally gets an objective in life. That's why he decides to kill himself. But the difference is that he's changing one key aspect. Can Johan trap himself so perfectly and plan everything to perfection like he always does and hope for a miracle to save him?

Just like Martin says, so long as you survive, you win.
Johan wanted to see if he was TRULY chosen by fate by seeing if a miracle could save him. And it did. He was saved by a random accident. The father of the kid he was threatening to get Tenma to shoot just happened to come across the final showdown and shot Johan.

Tenma was proven correct, Johan had a name and a connection and was allowed to live. He has no more reason to go kill people. He only wanted to kill everyone because he had nothing.

Or perhaps I'll make a video analysis and just make people watch that shit instead of having to retype over and over.
I understand letting go and I do want to stop.

But I thought it was revealed that Johan actually never went to 511 Kinderheim and he just took the stories his sister told him of it and turned them into false memories?

I really liked it.
I exepcted Cred Forums to like it too, but it seems most people here thinks it's shit. Not like I really care, I stopped caring about what Cred Forums (and Cred Forums in general) thinks about anything long ago.

Johan never went to the Red Rose Mansion. Kinderheim 511 was after that and he did go there.

That's it? So what was even the importance of all that? So much buildup over such a relatively small event? I get that it was traumatic for Nina and played into Bonapartes story, but that event was referenced and flashbacked to throughout the show and it meant relatively little???

It's the event that started Johan's path into monstrosity.
All the death and isolation he thought he saw there fucked him up, and then Kinderheim 511 came and fucked him up even more. If it weren't for the Red Rose Mansion Johan wouldn't have turned into such a dangerous being.
I think they even mention how ironic it is that the thing that started it all was nothing but his sincere and innocent desire to protect Nina from her traumatic memories.

Johan never went to the Red Rose Mansion. He just listened to Nina who told him everything about it but because of the brainwashing at 511, he mistook those memories for his own.

The point is that one of the few memories Johan has, that of people dying and his inception for his mass murder idea (511 and the mass murder in the village) came from the murders at the red rose mansion.

Johan would've done that to essentially the entire world. When he was 15-16, he had a money laundry scheme and tested to see if he could replicate those conditions with money. And he did. Johan planned to do the same after getting the billionaire's money and side money from the neo-nazi.

It's not really sure what were Johan's exact plans but I'm pretty sure it's basically something along the lines of burning all the money and seeing the ants run amok.

Also, it's all the events that made Johan into a monster.
His mother deciding who she didn't love broke his innate conception of love that all children receive at a young age (referenced in ep 41 when the past director of 511 is about to die at around 21 min).
The broken memories of the Rose Mansion gave Johan false memories of carnage and death.
511 removed all his memories and left him with nothing.

The story just presents those moments are red herrings when they're all pieces that created Johan into the pure destructive Monster.

This is why Grimmer and Roberto never ended up like Johan even though they also are completely nihilistic.

anyone who doesn't think it's a least a 10/10 or a strong 9/10 has shit taste

It's the opposite, actually.