What exactly does Haruhi see in Kyon?

what exactly does Haruhi see in Kyon?

do the light novels ever explain this?

also s3 never ;_;

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11305381
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He doesn't let her walk all over him.

isn't it that he reminds her of john smith?

Reminds her of a mystery man from her past, John Smith who's just a time traveling Kyon. Yeah, it's fucking stupid and flimsy as fuck, but what can you expect from garbage YA novels.

is that really it??

you can't be serious

nice b8

I just realized that koizomi's ESP organization was probably watching the mikuru film. and laughing at how accurate haruhi predicted this

He was the only one in class who talked to her.
He didn't just call her crazy like many others.
He didn't just ask her out, which probably most boys who talked to her before did.

That's enough to make him special.

hes willing to put up with her bullshit with no expectation to bang

>tfw the whole hair braid/day of the week was to lure a friend in

was haruhi always this desperate

Some one who doesn't use her as a instrument. That was the whole point of episode 2.

Also he have a knack for unusual stuff even if he tried to deny it at the beginning he didn't mocked not was scared about Haruhi's unusual attitude and wacky schemes. On top of that he makes sensible suggestions that help Haruhi's ideas and helps out anyways.

She sees him as a true companion which she can approach and talk with. He question her goals without dismissing those and she also have fun approaching him to her hobbies.

Obviously?

episode 2 in which order?

because kyon is god and he is bored so haruhi gets involved with him to relieve his boredom

Chronological > broadcast.

nigga thats not what I'm asking

Kyon is Moses.

>implying a fan theory is true

The anti-brigade pretty much confirmed it.

great now I gotta read the novels

implying anything i want to be true isn't when tanigawa is never going to work on another haruhi novel

Broadcast

He's literally the yin to her yang. And the first one to actually treat her as a person rather than a local attraction.

It's simple really, he's attractive.

Yeah, I guess all four of them laughed

The God Kyon theory is still just a theory.

>tfw theres no anti social god to be friends with

Stop reminding me

>The God Kyon theory is still just a theory.
Since there's never going to be any new light novels, and there are so many signs pointing to this theory, I think it's more correct to say it's canon. It's like the Jon Snow theory, everyone and their mother knew.

Those signs point more to a Kyon=key situation. He can't do shit by himself. Going Kyon=god is probably simplifying it too much.

Koizumi called Kyon a catalyst, but I think Koizumi is lying about a lot. I really don't trust Koizumi.

Big smelly manly cock

He has been a lot more sincere since the snowy mountain. But a lot of people treated Kyon as an important actor of some sort in Surprise, not just Koizumi, so I'm really not sure. Creator, key, catalyst, something else? We'll never know. Fuck.

Because he's John Smith, the mysterious older boy who told her that her all crazy fantasies were possible.
It's that simple, meeting him againwas the whole reason she choose that school in the first place.

He reached out to her first when no one else did

>It's that simple, meeting him againwas the whole reason she choose that school in the first place.
Not really, she chose another school in Disappearance. John Smith would have graduated by the time she entered school, so it didn't matter all that much in the end. The John Smith card was more important as a proof for the Disappearance events.

>season 1 in 2006
>excruciating 3 year wait for season 2
>expect a new season or so every 3 years or so after 2009

>right now we would be getting pumped for season 5 in this dream scenario

How did the series end? I don't mind being spoiled but everyone says the ending is decent enough here even if Tanigawa stops writing more novels.

Another group tries to steal Kyon but they fail. He had another love interest than Haruhi in middle school, and they want him to get back with her or something. Or was the the previous one? I haven't read these in years.

Timeline is split where in one world Kyon meets the anti-brigade and deals with them, and in the other the brigade gets a new member.

It gets resolved and the timelines are merged.

Oh yeah, the alpha and beta timeline.

I actually forgot about that, and it even was two light novels released at once.

You see that man? That man's thinking "All these years wasted... we never got to see kyon and haruhi hit it off outside of their dream"

>Snow Mountain Syndrome animated for 10 years anniversary never
>I would still hype for nothing just to get disappointed on 18th of December.

I hate it! I just want to see SMS animated and be off the ride.

I'd kill in cold blood to see the surprise arc animated.

Rogue time traveler allies with another Data Integration-like Entity and another esper. They believe Haruhi's power initially belonged to Kyon's middle school friend, Sasaki, who can create some sorts of empty/alternate Closed Spaces, I forgot.
Before you get to know that, they try to kidnap Mikuru but are stopped by Koizumi's organisation. They also try to lock the group in some kind of other reality before you even know their existence.
What they're interested in is Kyon iirc, so Sasaki can get back her power from Haruhi, as she's a much more stable and pragmatic person. Kyon doesn't want that since Haruhi calmed down and they're not really trustworthy. They're even about to use force to get Kyon to do their shit but that green-haired girl that contacted the SOS Brigade to find her boyfriend stops them (she has been previously established, just as Kyon thought, as another one of Nagato's kinds, but from a more neutral faction).

Lots of shit happen. There's an Alpha and a Beta timeline where different things happen and another character is introduced. Nagato gets sick again because the fuckers are trying to pressure Kyon into agreeing with their deal. Sasaki doesn't really want that either but she ain't got a word to say, the two masterminds seem to be the Rogue Time Traveller and the other Alien. Who is, by the way, Taniguchi's girlfriend that went missing in Disappearance's world since Nagato erased paranormal. She mistook Kyon for Taniguchi earlier.

Anyway, they manage to get Kyon where they want, the classroom. Except shit doesn't work out because when they open the door, the two timelines Alpha and Beta are seeing each others in the room. Koizumi and Mikuru come and do their shit. Rogue Time Traveller wants Sasaki to get Haruhi's power because Mikuru is his would-be sister if the timeline hadn't been altered. Alien tries to kill Haruhi by throwing her from the third window.

Kyon jumps and catches her. Lots of shit happen. Pic related.

;_;

There's a brief moment where Kyon goes into the future and he's in college with Haruhi

>s3 never
Season 3 will be the REST of Endless Eight. ALL OF IT.

Haruhi doesn't predict.

Maybe I should watch the side story some day. I dropped it at episode one.

>she chose another school in Disappearance.
Because of Yuki-magic. She still wanted to find John Smith.

>pomf

Thank you. Anything else or just that one post?

Everyone but Nagato is lying to Kyon, at this point.

Nagato doesn't lie because she doesn't even speak that much.

Oh yeah there's some more.

After falling from the window, Kyon falls in a Celestial (those Closed Spaces giants) hand. Others appear, but they're not savage like the other ones he saw in Melancholy. More people show up (Nagato's faction, including green-hair girl and Asakura who also showed up earlier to protect Kyon when Alien2 tried to take him by force). This particular new character shows up too. Her name is Yasumi, she was introduced in one of the split timelines (I think it was in the Beta one) as a candidate to join the SOS Brigade, since an important-ish plot point was that Haruhi wanted to recruit another member for the new year.
Basically pretty much everyone got together and the timelines merged in the classroom building. None irl knows since it's in a Closed Space. It's a bit of a short confrontation iirc, Koizumi btfo Rogue Time Traveller so hard the classroom explodes. Kyon falls asleep with Haruhi (unconscious) in his arms after the Celestial put them on solid ground.
It's explained later that the new character, Yasumi, was Haruhi's subconscious creation to protect the Brigade without having to know about aliens herself, implying Haruhi controls herself and her powers a lot better than before and pretty much solved the problem herself.
Kyon, who fell asleep, wakes up in a school campus. A slightly older, longer-haired Haruhi talks to him and asks him why he's wearing his old uniform. It implies they're both going at the same school and possibly going out.
Kyon starts fading from this future, last thing he sees is Haruhi's peaceful smile, which implies her future self knows about everything.
He wakes up in her bed, which explains pic related
Cont?

The LNs are translated, twice now, ya lazy cunts.
You have no excuse to not just read them yourselves.

That said, I've often wondered about OP's question. The only two things I can narrow it down to is that she fell for him because he vaguely reminds her of John Smith, or because he talked to her those couple of times and noticed her hair autism.

Either way it's kinda retarded and shallow as fuck if either of those are the case, but the series doesnt particulary focus on romance between them at all, so it never really bothered me.

I just want to be in a club with Nagato Yuki. I'm fine with her vision of reality. Really, I'm not one for super huge grand adventures. I just want to spend quiet happy evenings with her, be it discussing something, or just being near each other, with only the occasional page flip being a reminder that something is happening in this room.

What do the girls see in any harem protag? They like pathetic people for bullshit reasons so the pathetic people watching the show can self-insert without any trouble.

None of what you said applies to Kyon.

>implying Kyon is pathetic

The John Smith thing isn't really relevant. It's probably more along the lines of At least in the beginning. Then it grows for other reasons, but mostly they're the only ones who can really understand and satisfy each other.

It's easy to forget that the very first Kyon monologue is against Santa for not being real. He wants exactly the same thing as Haruhi, for the world to be more interesting, which is why the Kyonkami theory's hanging around. When he yare yares about being involved in all this dangerous stuff he doesn't mean it. He's intoxicated by her personality, even when she's incredibly frustrating to be around.

Haruhi recognizes this. She sees Kyon as a kindred spirit, that he's the only one that seems to be going along with her plans because he wants to. She knows her plans won't work but it's even more frustrating for her to do nothing, and occasionally they get cool stuff like Remote Island Syndrome out of it, and she ends up having a blast just doing lots of normal people things.

I think that's why Taniguchi's not ending it, because the only logical conclusion is real life is better than fantasy lol with Kyon going along with it for his own peace of mind, love of Haruhi, and world peace. He knows that sucks and contradicts earlier themes so he's dragging his feet. Probably doesn't know what to do with Tsuruya either.

I mean Disappearance was completely about Kyon rejecting a normal world because he enjoys going along with Haruhi's shit

Yeah, he's tempted by Yuki, but that just makes him accept Haruhi more. Her story is a good old-fashioned tragedy, even if I love her dearly. Too bad her football player BF was a trick or something.

strawpoll.me/11305381

>because the only logical conclusion is real life is better than fantasy lol with Kyon going along with it for his own peace of mind, love of Haruhi, and world peace
I think it's more about a balance between fantasy/personal interest and mundanity/real life/society. At first, Haruhi was all fantasy and didn't give a shit about anyone else or anything else, and letting opportunities fly by. As things changed, she grew and connected with her classmates (like that dog girl she befriends), got more realistic expectations (at the end of Melancholy she accepts she can't expect to find aliens just like that and bend the universe for them). In the end she achieves a balance and as Kyon says it, she still searches for supernatural, but she started liking the search with friends rather than the hypothetical results.

Kyon is the opposite. At the beginning he's the stereotypical "trying to fit-in" guy, who tries to be nice to people and avoid weird stuff. But you know with his Santa speech he still craves for that in a way, and that's probably why he starts talking with a weirdo like Haruhi, genuinely curious. His normie side rejects her excentric personality at times and he forces his narration to fit this straight guy image he has of himself, but deep down he's infatuated with those things, as seen in Disappearance and others stuff. Still, he does enjoy doing mundane stuff so there's some kind of balance between the two sides here too.

Basically they're two characters who started from two opposites ends of a spectrum and ended up rejoicing around the middle.

Because he's a nice guy.

He was the only one to reach out to her when she isolated herself from the class and was fully accepting of how bizarre her tastes were.

He didn't kiss her ass either. He always gave his input on her actions to get her to see the consequences, but he really valued her having fun.

>Because he's a nice guy.
Taniguchi says at one point that despite how he looks, Kyon is the type of guy that'd jump off a cliff with you.

What if you're the anti-social god and you're oblivious to it?

>Kyon is the type of guy that'd jump off a cliff with you.
So if I'm suicidal Haruhi will fuck me?

Perfect.

Kyon keeps her grounded

And she likes how he humors her weird thought process

Maybe Haruhi's search for the supernatural was just her trying to find definition for herself after the baseball game and she doesn't really care if those interesting things exist. Otherwise it really is tragic that Kyon knows about them and she doesn't.

Come to think of it, we have to have outsiders come in and do wonky things once she calms down after Disappearance/Snowy Mountain. She's not really instigating things anymore. Maybe that's why we haven't had a new volume in so long, because he knows it really wouldn't be The x Of Suzumiya Haruhi anymore.

Well, they DID fall of a cliff on the island. Then took off their clothes in a cave while whispering in each other's ear.

I've actually wondered this at one point

>Haruhi meets John Smith who's really just kyon

what exactly gets her to join north high, if she chose a different academy in disappearance?

is there more time fuckery?

Choosing the other academy was alien magic. North was her first choice, because she lives close (?) and she met John Smith there.

BULLSHIT WHERES THE PROOF NIGGA

Definition for herself? Yeah there's probably some of that, she definitely felt that she was missing out on something. At the beginning of the series she really wanted to find aliens, but at some point she changed and now enjoys the search itself (aka doing stuff with her crew).

I'd argue she doesn't want to see them because it'd kill the wonder. That's the whole point of Surprise resolution, after all.

She met John Smith in Disappearance too.

Disappearance was a really good place to end the story, come to think of it. Haruhi is a mere mortal that finds happiness through supernatural means but doesn't know it, Yuki is a goddess who gives up supernaturally-obtained happiness and lives with it. It's almost Greek.

Yeah I really like the way these things are laid-out. It's really ironical when you think about it. For example, Disappearance is the story of an omnipotent machine turning to a powerless man for help and guidance.

And once you elevate the story to something like that, where do you go? From the author's perspective, mere shenanigans are hollow now. Not like Dissociation was even a great Haruhi story. It was a fine story, but she wasn't even in it much.

i don't get it

don't you dare throw shit at my nigga Kyon you shitstain.

The joke is that they fuck like dogs.

There is nothing to get.

It hurts because it's true

Man, if Kyoani made a movie about this I bet it would be 10 times better than disappearance.

>tfw been on Cred Forums for a decade and haven't watched haruhi
Am I missing out?

Disappearance was Kyon's growth. It could end there in a way, for sure, but there's still material to work on. The following novels show more of Haruhi's growth and the way everyone in the cast contribute in the Brigade's stability and unity. Dissociation showed a lot about Haruhi without having her do many things, through Kyon's comments (more than usual) and scenes like when she sees Sasaki without sperging or anything when she'd have been jealous if it was before. There's development for even Nagato after Disappearance, so this is a way to conclude her story too.

Just need another novel or two to expand on a few remaining stuff after Surprise. Maybe a bigger climax.

Why isn't Haruhi wearing any pants?

Now for some manservice.

She just took her panties off .. duh!

Laundry day

Because she took them off to wash them, pay attention

Dissociation would have been a neat climax, with his future with Haruhi assured and him climbing in her window to give her a birthday present. No resolution to the alien/esper/time traveler plots but they're not the story. Just a "the end" at the bottom would have wrapped things up fine. I wouldn't mind another few volumes, though.

Yeah, watch it. People usually like the anime and praise the movie.

Rabu-rabu Haruhi is disconcerting. Where's her confidence? Where's her pride? Did they just evaporate?

Read the novels, watch the anime if you ever decide to re-experience the franchise.

Now fuck off.

She still had confidence and pride, it also extends to loving her husbando

I'm okay with that too. It didn't feel as climatic as Disappearance in the book but I'd say it was probably just as great storywise and in anime format I'm sure the last scenes would feel at least as tense as Disappearance ending.

A sequel would be nice too. Why can't we get either of those?

Do you remember that Haruhi didn't give a damn and stripped in front of guys?
And then, she gets embarased changing in front of Kyon?
Well, that..

typical female.. walks all over him dangling romantics in the air but meaning something completely different

Haruhi's got a nice rack for her age.

Kyon once avoided describing her 2nd year body, which left me wondering how much she grew up there.

This pretty much dismisses Kyon being god but also sorta debuks Haruhi being a god herself. It seems she's just a very very powerful reality warper. Probably some Beyonder level cosmic entity.

It's not new that he can't do stuff directly at least, otherwise he'd have solved Disappearance a lot quicker. But he plays a role in that power, he's a key, that's why the antagonists are after him.

Those events make Haruhi a lot more OP after what happened in Disappearance, since she solved a crysis she had no idea of without knowing it and before it started happening for real

I want to be in a club with best Yuki

>he's a key, that's why the antagonists are after him.
Or at least they think he is. Maybe Sasaki's just Haruhi's future BFF or something, to fill the void when Asahina gets promoted, Itsuki resigns and Nagato gets recalled.

Continue if you want but I'm pretty sure that's the end. Thanks a lot user!