Urusei Yatsura 35th Anniversary Live Stream

Episodes 182-195 (TV End) + Movie 4 (Lum the Forever) today.

35 years since this anime aired, and I don't think Cred Forums has ever really celebrated it. For those who haven't seen it, it was a hugely influential anime, and that influence is still being felt by the anime industry today.

Live Stream Link:
cytu.
be/r/a_watches

Alternative links:
docs.google.com/document/d/1ZE3KsBWTXuMqIYFIbPdzXNH65xiauoexQkiAzyap__8/
pastebin.com/54gfAHjx

New episodes will play at 4:40pm PST / 7:40pm EST.

I make no profit, nor gain any benefits from doing this; my sole motivation is to celebrate this classic anime.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6nZDf45nkgQ
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=836359
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Can't believe it's finally ending.

Finally.

Does this show even have an ending?

I'll be interested to see peoples reaction to Lum the Forever. I found it convoluted personally but was definitely unique none the less.

Lacks the finesse and scope of Beautiful Dreamer, it's just pretentious crap.

The message is really stupid too. "s-stop watching the show guys!"

Sakura has a delicious voice

I mean, the movie was coming out around the series ending. It's basically saying that things end and you shouldn't be afraid of change.

It's stupid how they cut the exposition scene with Mendo's grandfather, but outside of that I like the movie. It's really nice to see a movie that mostly uses the series cast and still manages to stand out, without wasting time giving focus to pointless movie-only characters.

movie night is best night

I saw the first 2 movies but missed the 3rd; should I go watch that before the 4th comes on? I'm probably not missing anything right? I'll get around to it eventually of course

Nope, not missing anything aside from a cool OST.

What's wrong with Movie 6? Why isn't it going to be streamed?

Wasn't Ataru chosen to meet Lum in the first episode by a random number generator? What did Lum mean in this episode when she said they didn't meet by chance?

Fuk

Re-watch episode 1, she always wanted his dick.

Gun.
youtu.be/6nZDf45nkgQ

I hate you

Why was Godzilla allowed in this show so much given Toho is so autistic about copyright?

If you just want fanwank, nobody said anything about Lum being randomly selected. They don't talk like she has a permanent role in the Oni military or duties as their tag champion she's neglecting, either, she was there because she wanted to be.

Kill yourself

Lum's got some nice ass tit-tays.

Why is the second movie so expensive? Even the VHS tape is like $15.

Were the DVDs cropped?

The BDs were, so naturally there'd be demand for 4:3 ratio versions that aren't VHS.

Why would they be? So I guess that's the best release then? I wonder how it compares to the laserdisc (as if anyone here owns a laserdisc of beautiful dreamer)

I miss U.S. manga corps.

Discotek licensed it last month so I would hold off

Have they said anything about it being cropped like the japanese release?

wish discotek licensed some proper bd releases more often

The BDs were cropped so they could release the film in 16:9. It's fucking stupid though because you're missing the top and bottom of the film.

well then I understand why the DVD is so expensive. The fuck would I buy a the bluray version when I'm missing 40% of the screen?

I don't suppose they have access to the original 32mm reels?

People forget Beautiful Dreamer was originally HD in the cinema, complete with a 16:9 aspect ratio, but cropped for TV release. It's just that the lazy distributors last year couldn't be bothered making a proper remaster, so they cropped the DVD.

So it was cropped down from 16:9, then from 4:3 it was RE-Cropped to 16:9?

So we have what, 30% of the entire screen on the bluray version?

doubt it and doubt they have the money for that

Yeah, but it was fair game back then. Everyone had a TV like pic related so it would've been letterboxed.

Damn, I guess this means I missed Inaba the Dreammaker...

That was the one thing I really wanted to see. My favorite story in UY.

It really is sad the tv bds are so good and the movies won't ever get a proper release. This isn't the first series it's happened to either

No you didn't, that's going to be part of the last stream.

IT'S SO WONDERFOOL

ALRIIIIGHT!

Why is Amuro Ray's VA in this?

>watching BadToLoveRu

>Six shots

Lurk more before baiting again, newfag.

Top 10 episodes list voted by Japan on now.

>Trying to inironically enjoy Lum the Forever

You have to be a special kind of person for that.

Final episode coming up

Finally ending.

What an ending.

Lum the Forever on now.

anyone have a sub file for only you? for nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=836359

This is a weird fucking movie, honestly.

I hope that isn't a cosplay. Will check that episode out.

No, it's not.

It's the episode that inspired Gintama though.

Yay, Maison Ikkoku time.

Please do more Maison Ikkoku. PLEASE.

>all 195 episodes are now done
I can't believe it's over. I'm going to miss it.

Stop posting censored nudes.

But isn't Gintama a mix between UY, City Hunter and Bleach?

That's one way of looking at it. Watch that episode though, it oozes Gintama in style.

Why?

There's the OVA and two movies left

So what the fuck was with Lum the Forever?

Started off decently enough. Like Beautiful Dreamer, had a lot of weird and surreal scenes and raised a lot of questions to intrigue the audience.

Then the second half happened and it shat the bed. So much inane shit was happening for no real reason, tone was all over the place and hardly any of the questions raised at the start were answered properly. Just a mess of a movie.

Was the tv series 16mm or 35mm? What about the ovas?

Japan wasn't as autistic about it back then.
Just look at how many video games from the 80s were rip-offs of American movies.

They cut the scene where Ataru and Mendo meet Mendo's grandfather and there was supposed to be tons of exposition about the original legend and how it might relate to what was happening there.

It's pretty noticeable since there's a sudden cut when they go to meet him and afterwards Ataru and Mendou seemingly know what's going on but the viewer never gets a direct explanation about it.

And by "they", I meant the director, not the streamer or something.

It was cut from all releases or from the BD?
After finding a cut scene in Only You I'm really wary of these BDs.

AFAIK, Beautiful Dreamer (and Only You) were in 4:3 because they used the same cels they had for the TV series.

What, how?

The scene existed in Inoue's script of the movie, but the director just didn't include it in the movie. I don't think it was even animated.

Because who wants censored nudes?

One of my favorite episodes was the Miss Tomobiki elections one. It was insane.

What I don't get is why were the Sakura supporter groups labeled as "pedophiles".
Was it because Ryuunosuke was getting all the attention from the freshman girls and they wanted to impose a mature sexy figure instead?

Where is this list??

Check the playlist it's in there.

In the stream? I just see a list of every episode.

The Ran supporters were the pedophiles.

Yes, it has a special title. It's like the penultimate episode or something like that. Can't check right now.

Ah you're right, Sakura supporters were the sons of politics and stuff.
Guess it makes sense, although Ran is as old as Lum and Shinobu are.

Serious question:
I want to watch Urusei Yatsura anime but it has lot of filler.
What are the episodes of filler?
What is the order?

Thanks

Watch all of them faggot.

In UY's case, you want to watch the filler.

Read the synopis on any episode on wiki

But I recommend you to watch all of them, since this is a episodic show.

Ok thanks!!

Episodes 1-58 > Film 1 > Episodes 59-106 > Film 2 > Episodes 107-140 > Film 3 > Episodes 141-174 > OVA 1 > Episodes 175-190 > OVA 1.5 > Episodes 191-195 > Film 4 > OVA 2 > OVA 3 > Film 5 (manga ending) > OVAs 4-11 > Film 6 > OVA 12