Trigun/Trigun Maximum

Any love for the humanoid typhoon on the board? Just hoping for a general discussion thread for Trigun.

I prefer the manga myself but what about the rest of you Cred Forumsnons? Not that I hold any real hope for it, but is there a market for a rehash of the latter half of the series in the direct to dvd market to have a more similar ending as the manga? Who's your favorite gun in the eye of michael? Did any of you ship either of the girls with Vash/Wolfwood/Livio or was it just platonic? Any and all things Trigun, I'm down to hear about it.

bump

Last page coming fast

Trigun Maximum is still one of my top favorite manga. To see it have an anime adaption, or even just more recognition would be awesome, but after that worthless movie a few years ago, I don't have a lot of hope. It's a really good example of unconventional villains that see themselves as necessary evils rather than typical lust-for-power types.

Did you read it when it was ongoing or pick it up some time after? Got a favorite part other than your like of Knives' portrayal as a villain?

>tfw no good Millie or Caine figures

>Insurance ladies are barely characters in the manga
That hurt the most when I read it for the first time.

Trigun manga is goat.

>Have friend who goes through a different fad every 3-4 months
>Decide to show her my favorite anime since the beginning of forever
>She loves it... BUT
>Starts shipping Vash X Wolfwood
>Starts writing fanfiction about it.

After all those years wandering the desert full of bounty hunters, think his tackle is still intact and unscarred or did somebody give him a hot lead circumcision?

Other than the shipping at the end of the anime, it felt to me like they were around plenty. There were maybe 3 volumes or so where they were absent but nearly one whole volume was flashback.

I read it back in 2007 so I think it had been finished for some time. Picking a favorite part is pretty tough, but I liked Wolfwood's story and the final battle between Legato and Vash. The concept of the Plants was fascinating too.

Considering he was bouncing around like a dog fully-naked in front of a lot of people who didn't say anything about it (and they would have) I'd like to think the sixty billion double-d is still intact

The manga handles the backstory and motivations of Knives as well as the fight scenes way better but the anime has the god-tier Wolfwood church scene and episode 25 was beautiful too.

The manga's artstyle was pretty rough too though so until I go back and make some more sense of everything now that i've got more manga experience, i'm gonna have to give it to the anime.

The romantic implications between the characters, especially Wolfwood and Milly should've been expanded a bit more imo. Didn;t really matter too much though really.

I doubt we'll se another anime. Apparently the movie was just for Western fans and was never too popular in Japan.

Overall though, I got nothing but love for the series. It'll always have a special spot in my heart.

Did anybody like Livio's little bit or was he just a super regen replace for wolfwood to you? Favorite gung ho gun? I loved midvalley in the manga. His reaction to what was happening just felt very appropriate.

I liked Milly and Wolfwood's romance too. It was so unexpected but also really sweet somehow. All things considered, the Trigun anime was a surprisingly on point adaption even with all the shortcuts and changes that had to be made.

>was he just a super regen replace for wolfwood to you?

Pretty much this. Don't remember the manga so well now, but I don't remember him ever having any real standout moments or scenes to really cement himself as a lovable character, So I always sort of viewed him as "That regenning dickhead who killed Wolfwood."

Speaking of, Wolfwood vs Razlo was the most amazing of the manga for me and made losing Wolfwood hurt even more. It sort of felt like he won the fight, cemented himself as one of the most likable, badass characters in fiction and then died immediately leaving Livio as a sub par understudy to take his place.

Livio got a nice redemption character arc. Seeing him protect those kids from the last Gung-ho Gun and struggle with the guilt of killing Wolfwood was good.

But yeah, he just wasn't fleshed out enough. He got one fight after turning good before the series ended and it wasn't connected enough to the happenings of the main plot for him to connect more with our other MCs.

>Seeing him protect those kids from the last Gung-ho Gun
Huh. Don't remember that at all. Excuse enough for a reread I think!

I wasn't too fond of him until his fight with Crimson Nail, which ended up being pretty damn impressive. I thought the Puppet Master was interesting, and as a Gung Ho Gun, easily one of the most effective against Vash. That arc was almost scary with its intense atmosphere. My favorite of the group was Hoppered the Gauntlet, though. His backstory broke my heart.

Anybody remember back when razlo was just showing up and that joe tooth guy and the kid rode in. I enjoyed that bit. Also the chapter when Vash was in the church and that old lady had put up a bounty on him again. Half way through the fight Wolfwood just says get your shit we're going. I miss those little moments. ]

That really looks more like Kohta Hirano's gag artstyle there.

Might explain why i enjoyed hellsing too.

That just reminded me of the inner cover work. Holy shit were those fun. I loved that the punisher was always a blow up doll.

I found it neat that Doc and the Major were originally based off of otaku.

I did not know that. I knew pip's design was a rip from one of his earlier doujins.

Yeah. Iscariot was originally going to have their own manga too, but you probably knew that already since a few chapters were added as bonus features.